+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Time (R)- March 25th '10

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Last Time (R)- March 25th '10

SUMMARY: Sometimes promises can be very hard to keep.

AUTHOR: Lexie

RATING: R

PAIRING: Chlex

LAST TIME

You tell yourself this will be the last time and yet you’ve said that to yourself more than a dozen times now. It’s like an addiction you think you can control at will, a drug you can drop or pick up again when you feel the need. That’s exactly what you and I are, two junkies who can’t stay away from their weekly fix of this thing we daren’t give a name to. Too much water has run under this bridge and yet it seems we can’t let it go.

Today’s you who’s arrived earlier- or is it me who’s taken longer than usual? Me, who’s always in complete control of his actions, can’t see straight when it comes to you and these emotions which I can’t identify because I’ve never experienced them before, feelings which are pulling me in multiple directions and leave me with the unsavoury realisation that I’m no longer in control of my life. Not being in the driver’s seat is alien to me and so here I am again determined to detach myself from emotion and thought and put an end to this. I’m here to reclaim what you took away from me the night you waltzed into that charity ball dressed in a green tight-fitting dress that enticed my lustful senses; the night I forgot each and every one of the reasons I’d always held onto not to get entangled with you.

You’re standing in front of the panoramic windows of this penthouse- my favourite property in Metropolis and one that I’ve decided to sell once this is over. You’re standing with your back to me and still the sight of your beauty in the moonlight is all that it takes to make me fall right back. I grow distant with distance- this has always been my self-defence armour- and I took refuge in it for a fortnight; that’s how long my fast and yours lasted until our paths chanced to cross last night. Another charity event, one you weren’t supposed to attend because we‘d agreed you would stay away from them to keep business and pleasure apart. An ill-timed skiing accident and a social columnist wearing a full body cast ended up with Perry White sending his best investigative reporter to cover the event; an event I was planning to leave with my date- another inconsequential and innocuous one-night stand that I would have forgotten by the time I left the hotel room immediately after the deed. Last night should have been the perfect excuse to show myself and you that... us... this...had been nothing but an extended one-night stand.

I look out of the window at the city underneath-your city- and wonder what I’m doing here yet again. I’d promised myself I wouldn't give in to this inexplicable force that pulls me like a magnet to you and your dangerous games. Because this has to be a game, it can’t be anything else, not when you’re his bitterest enemy and I the keeper of his deepest secret, the secret you’ve always tried to find out, the enigma you realised I held the key to when you dragged me to the caves all those years ago. I feel the touch of your hand on my nape as you move my hair to one side and lean your head down to nuzzle my neck. I feel electricity run up and down my spine when your lips brush the shell of my ear. I close my eyes and struggle to detach myself from emotion and thought. I try to order my nerve terminals to go numb. I tell my breath to slow down, my breasts to resist your caresses and my feminine core to stop its rhythmic fluttering, but it’s all in vein.

The smell of your expensive yet subtle masculine perfume assaults my senses and behind my closed eyes I can replay last night’s encounter. I can feel the exhilarating possessiveness of your lovemaking as you bring me to completion with my cocktail dress still on before leading me to the sofa, where you proceed to ravish me with a passion I haven’t experienced since our first encounter. Our coming together in that music room adjoining one of the hotel’s exclusive restaurants, which is closed for refurbishing, leaves me altogether confused. Have I been wrong all these months? Or am I just trying to convince myself there is more than lust in our frenzied coupling this once? I shouldn’t be even considering it, not when it could mean ending the oldest and most enduring relationship I’ve ever had, my friendship with the young man whose secret has prevented me from truly committing myself to a life of my own and you from having the loving foster family and brother you were denied.

I try to tell my hands to stop their roaming over the planes, curves and indentations of your body. I order my lips to give up your pebbled peaks but my resolve is weak and I’m drawn to your mouth again. And as my tongue tastes the sweet nectar and you wrap your legs around my waist inviting me to sheath myself in your warmth I promise this will be the last time. I walk us to the bedroom where the bed with fresh satin sheets awaits us and I look into your eyes as I lay you down- your body locked with mine like two pieces of a puzzle that don’t fit elsewhere but here. I wish I could read what’s going through your mind now, when you’re with me in this room, open to me in the most primitive of ways and yet close in the one way that really matters. I wish I knew exactly how you feel and hate myself for being this weak. I struggle to suppress this childish appetite for affection. However, each taste of your intimacy makes me hungrier and I bring our bodies closer still, feel your walls clutch at me as if you really wanted this to be more than it is. And you close your eyes and look away and I feel our time is limited. I close mine too and as we both come undone we promise this has been the last time.

THE END

Find a downloadable PDF version on my master list.
    Last edited by lexie; 27th February 2011 at 22:10. Reason: link
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Last Time (R)- March 25th '10

That was so sad, good but sad.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

That was lovely and sad both at the same time. The change in perspective without warning left me a little confused for a few moments, but I managed to catch onto who was speaking after a few sentences each time there was an unexpected shift in narrator/POV.

Quote Originally Posted by hfce View Post
    That was so sad, good but sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    That was lovely and sad both at the same time.
    Yes, I know. I always get all sad and angsty towards the end of the month, and this is the kind of thing I come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    The change in perspective without warning left me a little confused for a few moments, but I managed to catch onto who was speaking after a few sentences each time there was an unexpected shift in narrator/POV.
    I considered using italics for one of the POVs but then I thought that since most of the references were cataphoric- and self-explanatory once you reached the "key word" in the paragraph- I'd rather keep the layout that way. I believe it makes the reader pay more attention and get more involved and also shows how attuned Chloe and Lex are- wondering all the time what the other's feeling and thinking when, in fact, they're both experiencing the very same thoughts, emotions and fears. I'd say the "I", which stands for both POV, shows how unified they are. They`re already "one", despite their efforts to resist the attraction. So unified that they're difficult to be told apart.

Thanks for reading and reviewing, girls.
    Last edited by lexie; 28th March 2010 at 01:53.

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Even though this is slightly angsty, I do love that the Chlex can't keep away from each other

I shouldn’t be even considering it, not when it could mean ending the oldest and most enduring relationship I’ve ever had, my friendship with the young man whose secret has prevented me from truly committing myself to a life of my own and you from having the loving foster family and brother you were denied.
    Chloe deserves some happiness in her life and I hope she forgets about Clark and what he'll think about her and Lex being together. But then again, it seems that the Chlex are denying they have deeper feelings then lust for each other.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Merlot View Post
    Chloe deserves some happiness in her life and I hope she forgets about Clark and what he'll think about her and Lex being together. But then again, it seems that the Chlex are denying they have deeper feelings then lust for each other.
    I agree that Clark doesn't deserve her sacrifice- both Chloe and Lex have suffered enough already and shouldn't have to forsake their happiness as well.

It's true they`re denying this is a lot more than just lust, but I'm sure they'll keep coming back for more. It'd be a pity, though, if they continued these encounters and kept deceiving themselves that what they have is simply a lustful addiction.
    Last edited by lexie; 28th March 2010 at 01:04.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Love the fluidity of the story!! Yeah, I got confused by the shift of povs but once you hit key phrase it's easy to see the shifts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    I close mine too and as we both come undone we promise this has been the last time.
    Yet, I don't believe it will be!!

Quote Originally Posted by purplemoon123 View Post
    Love the fluidity of the story!! Yeah, I got confused by the shift of povs but once you hit key phrase it's easy to see the shifts!!!
    As I told somethingeasy, writing the whole thing in the first person and shifting POVs in that way was a conscious decision with both a metaphorical and a practical meaning. I'm glad you were able to appreciate it too. The key to unlock every paragraph and tell one member of the couple from the other definitely resides in one word.

Quote Originally Posted by purplemoon123 View Post
    Yet, I don't believe it will be!!
    I don't believe it either. This is so not their last time.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Most often found beating my head against the wall- in Michigan

How sad. This story is very well written, and even though at the beginning it is a bit difficult to pin down who is talking, it's really interesting to get into their head and see the relationship from both of their viewpoints. I think that although they both recognize it's a relationship that is twisted and stunted, once they realize they're not giving up on it (despite the fervent opinion that they should) they can finally find some peace with each other, and that right there is probably a big part of what keeps them coming back to one another. Great story, I love a fic that makes you really think, and this one certainly does that.

Welcome back to the forums, Kris.

I'm glad you enjoyed this ficlet and that you were able to spot the changes of POV once you got in their heads so to speak. Thanks for the lovely feedback.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information