+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Back from the Dead (PG-13/R)- CHAPTER 27 plus Epilogue (Aug 17, 2010)

Re: Back from the Dead (PG-13/R)- CHAPTER 20-Upd March 24th '10

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Although I don't condone every action of Lex's- some are definitely questionable from the moral point of view, I do understand where he's coming from and find sense in them in a very warped way.
    I agree. I understand why he's made the choices that he has, performed some of the actions he has and I don't completely disagree with some of his motives/intentions. It's the actions, the manner in which he seeks to achieve his goals, that I have the most problems. The 33.1 labs are what I think about the most when thinking/speaking of his motives, choices and actions. I agree with his desire to see humans protected from aliens and the meteor-infected, but the way he seeks to ensure that protection and his seeming belief that all meteor-infected and/or all aliens are out to do harm is flawed (despite the havoc-wreaking freak/alien of the week theme to the stories), wrong, ill-conceived (the word(s) I really want to use are escaping me at the moment). I also have a problem with his desire to be seen as a hero/savior, though I understand why and from where it comes.

You know, this is maybe the thing which irks me the most. Oliver's been given the chances to redeem himself by the very same people who have repeatedly denied them to Lex because of who he is- and Lex did try to make amends and change not only in the first seasons but even as late as the beginning of the seventh. As a Luthor he's always been regarded as the Devil's spawn and questioned every step of the way. The chances he was allegedly given by Clark weren't real chances because he was ALWAYS expected to have some secret agenda- and we all know he did a lot of things for the farmboy and for strangers without expecting anything in return. The same people that gave Oliver the possibility to pay for his past sins had always expected the moment when Lex would show his true colours because they never truly believed in give.

It's true that Lex had free will and that he could have chosen a different path. And still one cannot but understand him when he tries to do what's right, when he really tries to be a better man, only to find people continuously spitting in his face. There's so much a man can tolerate.
    To me, it's a study of the spectrum of response to abuse, tragedy, etc. - the similarities and differences between the billionaires (I'm including Bruce in this as well). They're all similar, then again not. I think that the reason I am so adamant in my defense of SVOliver (I am not a huge fan of what I've seen of comic/cartoon Oliver, either. I like SVOliver more and think he has more potential) is that, though, I don't believe he is a weak or unintelligent man, I think that Lex is more capable of eschewing his past, what others think or expect of him, failure(s), etc. to become a better man and maintain it. Oliver is strong and made the choice to change, but I think without constant positive reinforcement, he would fall back into the billionaire playboy persona (as we've seen). It might be unreasonable, but I think that Lex could (though he would struggle) make the decision to change and maintain that change in the face of all opposition, so while I partially blame Clark and others for the man he becomes, I can't completely forgive him - Lex - for not continuing to attempt to change. I see it as sort of a failure to live up to his potential. In my mind, he could overcome the abuse, his past, his mental instability, the letdowns, the low expectations and become a better person, but he doesn't. For me, there's no better example of that than the Duncan situation. I understand that he was fragile, but I also understand that he knew and did not consciously acknowledge the fact that whatever action he chose in that situation was not going to change their behavior towards him. He should have said damn the consequences and stuck with Duncan and enjoyed that small bit of acceptance and camaraderie he finally found. Being twelve (or however old he was) and fragile doesn't preclude him from making the correct decision. And, boy, did I go on and on about this or what! Sorry. I'll just add that I don't disagree with anything you said and move on.

I'm confused. Who's the "he" you're referring to?
    That was Clark. At the point where he was contemplating the fact that he had a hand in the fallout with Lex. Seriously, almost choked. I was that surprised that he was actually going to take some responsibility. It's sad, but no matter how many times I read a slightly likable Clark, I am surprised.

Well, I'm trying to write Clark the way I wish he were or. at least, the way I wish they had allowed him to mature on the show if he's to become the hero we could all look up to.
    Yes, this is the way he should be! Thank you for that!

Glad you like Laurie so much. It's always nice when an OC character's embraced by one's readers because it's so difficult at times to write them in the story and make sure they don't feel like "foreigners" in this unverse.
    Come on, she is so adorable. It's difficult not to love her.

Chapter 24
    Almost missed this chapter! Fortunately, I hadn't closed the tab, so I could just add this to my previous comments.

Thank goodness Lex was overruled in the naming of the dog. Though, Drake might not have been so bad. And Lois, oh Lois. It's nice that they included her. I can imagine how bad the names were that she would come up with, so glad hers weren't an option.

Aw, I love the picture of Pirate laid out in front of the desk while Lex works. Too cute. Him coming to save Lex and interrupting the sechs is hilarious.

I'm with Chloe - him exerting his influence to gain Clark and Lois their internship is terribly endearing. She's got her work cut out for her convincing him that he is accepted, trusted, loved and deserving of that love. If anyone can convince him, it's Chloe. I especially loved him correcting himself to say "our family."

Woohoo! They won! Wait, does Edge's confession have something to do with the task Lex asked Mikhail to perform? Or is that still to come?
    Last edited by ripsconscullmin; 24th June 2010 at 03:47.

It was a good chapter !
    I like Lex with Pirate !

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

i like this story it is sweet and cute please keep going.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ripsconscullmin View Post
    And, boy, did I go on and on about this or what! Sorry. I'll just add that I don't disagree with anything you said and move on.
    I'm glad we see eye to eye in most things. By the way, I tend to ramble myself so there's no need to make excuses for stating your point of view.We'll just agree to disagree on our feelings towards Oliver- we could fill pages on this issue and still arrive at the same conclusion.

That was Clark. At the point where he was contemplating the fact that he had a hand in the fallout with Lex. Seriously, almost choked. I was that surprised that he was actually going to take some responsibility. It's sad, but no matter how many times I read a slightly likable Clark, I am surprised.
    Thanks for clarifying it. I thought this was what you'd meant but I wasn't 100% sure. Yeah, I'm trying to write a more mature and likeable Clark- I simply hate what they've done to the character I used to love in the films and the comics. He should accept his share of guilt in everything that happened with Lex and also in other circumstances which didn't involve the billionaire. Jeez, I'd have loved to hear Clark ask Lex to be forgiven sometime...

Come on, she is so adorable. It's difficult not to love her.
    Thank you. I'm in love with the character myself.

Chapter 24
    Almost missed this chapter! Fortunately, I hadn't closed the tab, so I could just add this to my previous comments.
    I could have sworn I'd PMed you letting you know there was a new chapter up.

Thank goodness Lex was overruled in the naming of the dog. Though, Drake might not have been so bad. And Lois, oh Lois. It's nice that they included her. I can imagine how bad the names were that she would come up with, so glad hers weren't an option.
    I left the choice of names Lois might have come up with to your imagination. A few must have been pretty hilarious. I wish I'd been there to see Lex's face when they juggled names.

Aw, I love the picture of Pirate laid out in front of the desk while Lex works. Too cute. Him coming to save Lex and interrupting the sechs is hilarious.
    I hadn't planned that; it simply popped in my head. Poor Lex, I enjoy torturing him a little bit with all that comes with domesticity. Now not only curious Laurie might walk on them if they get carried away

Woohoo! They won! Wait, does Edge's confession have something to do with the task Lex asked Mikhail to perform? Or is that still to come?
    You'll get your answer in the following chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by alexiel View Post
    It was a good chapter !
    I like Lex with Pirate !
    Quote Originally Posted by starmoon View Post
    i like this story it is sweet and cute please keep going.
    I've just finished working on a translation for a scientific magazine and am trying to get in the mood to start penning the new instalment. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by lexie; 27th June 2010 at 00:38.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Don't you worry. I'm not watching the World Cup not even when Argentina's playing. The last Cup I watched was back in 1978 when it was held in Argentina. At that time the event was used to keep my nation distracted from what was going on in the country, and now something similar's happening. Plus we're subsidising around 1,000 hooligans to travel to South Africa. Our government has invented them jobs and is paying them a salary for which they don't work so that they could get the necessary visa. These hooligans are used as shock groups here to threaten people and for political propaganda abroad. I cannot wait for my team to lose so that these parasites come back and give our government their due. Hundreds have been deported and since our Foreign Office turned its back on them when they requested its intercession to be allowed to enter South Africa again, they'll certainly stir trouble for our government when they come back. At this moment in history I'm ashamed to say I'm Argentinian. If you're a believer, pray for my country to see the light again soon.
    WOW, That's just beyond horrible!! And disgusting!!!
    Well I hope that Germany beats them and sends them home!! And praying that light shines on your country!!

But I'm getting extremely disappointed with the WC. The referee calls have been so blatantly disgusting!! That it's hard to root for a team that benefits from their obvious bias.

Clark is too much like Jonathan on the show in that respect. He needed to be dropped down a peg or two.
    Uggg hate Jonathan so much!!! How it was okay to hate on Lex because of who his father was and not based on what Lex did or failed to do. Also hate how he is referred as to be this great moral compass when if it wasn't for Martha he so would of turned over baby Clark. I keep saying Clark got lucky that Martha was stupid enough to marry Jonathan.
    How about 20 or 30 pegs???

That had to be fixed. Things are now the way they were supposed to be.
    TY for fixing, now can you sneak into the show????

Oh, I love my Lois!
    I do too!!!!!

Next chapter, please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by purplemoon123 View Post
    Next chapter, please!!!
    I'm currently working on Chapter 25. Hopefully. there will be news in the next few days.
    Last edited by lexie; 29th June 2010 at 23:08.

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Re: Back from the Dead (PG-13/R)- CHAPTER 18-Upd March 5th '10

Chapter 18: It`s better each chapter. Loved that Batman is involved and laughed hard at this: “Getting orders from a flying rat”.
    Really good chapter
    Malu

Re: Back from the Dead (PG-13/R)- CHAPTER 18-Upd March 5th '10

Quote Originally Posted by malugargula View Post
    Chapter 18: It`s better each chapter. Loved that Batman is involved and laughed hard at this: “Getting orders from a flying rat”.
    Really good chapter
    Oh, I love having Batman boss Oliver around! *rubs her hands and flashes a devilish grin*

My intention was to update this fic over the weekend but I couldn't finish the chapter. I've written 2,100 words; however, the chapter's far from over. Hopefully, I'll have news later this week.

In the meantime- now that the winner's been revealed- you can check out my entry for the latest fanfic challenge: "Tell me..."
    Last edited by lexie; 5th July 2010 at 22:13.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

great update

I am so in love with this fic. I adore daddy Lex, he is so sweet with Laurie.

Any chance on an update soon?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information