+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chasing the Lead (PG-13) (April 9, 2009)

Re: Chasing the Lead (PG-13) (28 Feb. 2009)

I'm sooooo sorry that I haven't posted in forever, I've been soo busy I haven't even been able to watch Smallville lately because of basketball but now its over and well I decided it was time to start writing again I was just going to start a new fic but then I thought that I'd better finish this one or no one will ever trust me to finish another one....
    okay so you might want to read over it to refresh your memory.....I had to
    But now without further ado I present to you chapter 7...............

Chapter 7: Confessions

Chloe slowly sat up, grimacing slightly,

That wasn't so bad

Then very slowly she slid one leg, then the other, off the bed,

Nice and easy Chloe

Taking a breath she slowly put her weight onto her legs, carefully still holding onto the bed, she stood up,

See, not so hard

Her breath was coming out in huffs, she carefully took her her hands off the bed,

"Oh crap!"

Her legs gave out and she fell, crashing to the floor, suddenly the door opened and Lex walked in, he walked silently to her and helped her get back on the bed,

"Are you okay?"

She finally got the courage to look him in the face, he was angry, she couldn't grasp why.

"Yeah I'm fine, is something wrong?"

He speared her with a look,

"What do you mean is something wrong? Are you trying to kill yourself?"

Now he was making her angry, what did he think he was, her doctor?

"Lex, it is not your job to protect me, and any time I feel like getting up I will!"

He didn't back down any,

"Does that include falling off the bed as well?"

She lifted her chin.

"Well for your information I didn't fall off the bed, I just fell trying to stand up....."

She said, her voice trickling off slightly at the end.

He smirked.

"Then let me rephrase that, falling while trying to stand up, is that better?"

"Well that wasn't really part of the plan."

She mumbled.

He raised his eyebrows and nodded,

"Oh, I see."

He said, chuckling silently.

After glaring at him she turned her back to him.

"Chloe relax I'm just joking."

She turned to face him,

"I don't find its funny that I'm stuck in this freaking hospital bed while your walking around free to do whatever you want!" She huffed.

He sighed,

"I know how frustrating it is Chloe but the doctors say your healing nicely and you'll be out of here in no time.........well...........as long as you don't injure yourself falling."

He said, trying not to laugh but not really succeeding.

She looked at him sharply,

"I'm not quite sure what you find so very funny, Lex."

He laughed,

"You Chloe."

"Your a cruel man Lex, laughing at a woman lying in a hospital bed in pain."

He stopped laughing,

"Do want me to get the doctor?"

She was just about to kill him when she realized he was serious.

"Uh no I was mostly kidding I'm really feeling okay for having just fallen on my a**."

He relaxed a little,

"Oh okay, well don't do that again."

Chloe's brows came together in confusion,

"Do what?"

"Tell me your in pain when your not."

"Why, did I scare you?" She asked, provokingly.

He didn't respond.

"I did? Didn't I?" Chloe asked, incredulous.

Lex sighed, "Well despite what most people might think I am not the heartless monster everyone thinks I am."

Chloe could tell that he was hurt.

"I'm sorry Lex your right that wasn't fair and I of all people should know that, I guess I've gotten so used to how you've been ever since you and Clark stopped being friends, to be honest this whatever it is, us getting along, its a little.....hard to wrap my head around, I mean I've gotten so used to not trusting you and thinking you hated me well and pretty much hating you, I thought the idea of us ever having a civil conversation was impossible but this...its got to be a miracle....or I don't know, but its still hard, hard to trust you after everything thats happened, there's a lot of history between us Lex its not easy to forget, and its a little hard to believe that you've really changed."

Lex nodded as he took all this in, he smiled,

"Well to be honest with you Chloe I don't really understand what is going on with me I mean its been years since I felt this way."

Chloe frowned,

"And what way is that?"

Lex paused,

"Like I have a chance, like my life won't be just one big failure, like I have.............hope."

They both felt the impact of his words, and both were thinking different things, Chloe was thinking how terrible it would be to live without hope and wondering how anyone could do it, but then thought of all the things Lex had done and was extremely happy she had hope and that had seemingly found it.
    Lex was hoping that it was real that it wasn't some trick of his imagination but most of all he hoped that Chloe believed him that she could see that he was telling the truth.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Luthor Mansion:

A week later Chloe was released from the hospital and even though she asked then demanded and finally begged Lex to let her go back home, to her apartment, he wouldn't allow it, saying that it was to dangerous because the person who did this to her was still out there and besides her apartment was still a mess, he'd been to occupied with trying to find Chloe that he had forgotten to get her apartment put back together, so she finally agreed to stay but only until her apartment was put back together.

Lex helped Chloe get out of the car,

"Thank you." Chloe said sighing, "You know Lex this really isn't necessary I'm fine on my own, I don't have to stay here."

They started walking into the mansion,

"Chloe your apartment is a mess."

"It can't be to bad atleast not bad enough that I can't stay in it."

"No you'll stay here until it gets cleaned up, you don't have to stay after that, although I wish you would, it would make my job to protect you a helluva lot easier but as I said its your choice, until then you will stay here."

She stopped suddenly,

"Who assigned you to protect me? Who says I even need protecting?"

His was very calm,

"I would call getting your apartment broken into, getting bashed in the head, and getting kidnapped a reason for needing protection."

"Lex I-" but he cut her off,

"Chloe your staying here." He said a note of authority. "Just follow Maria to your room, she'll help you get settled in."

Then he turned and walked away, Chloe was about to follow him but she knew it was useless, Lex had his mind set on her staying here, she might as well get used to it,

"D****!"

"I'm sorry ma'am did you say something?"

Chloe jumped a little at the maid's voice,

"Uh no, its Maria right?"

She smiled brightly, "Yes ma'am."

Chloe couldn't help but smile in return,

"I'm Chloe, its nice to meet you Maria, will you please show me to my room now?"

Maria smiled and nodded in return,

"Of Course Miss Chloe."

"Just call me Chloe, please, I've never liked formalities besides I'm gonna be staying here for a bit so I'm sure we'll get to know eachother."

Maria beamed at her words.

"Okay.....Chloe." Another smile.

"Come right this way Chloe," Beam. "I'll show you to your room I'm sure you'd like to freshen up before dinner."

Chloe smiled, "I'd love that."

Chloe followed Maria for what seemed like a long time,

There is a lot of the mansion I haven't seen before, man I could lost in this place.

Maria on the other hand seemed to navigate it easily.

"Maria I'm am soo glad your with me, if I was alone I'd be lost for sure."

Maria laughed,

Don't worry Chloe you'll know your way around here in no time."

Chloe shook her slightly,

"Well, if you say so Maria."

Maria laughed again,

"I know so."

Abruptly they stopped,

"Here we are."

Maria opened the door held it for Chloe to enter, what Chloe saw made her gasp, the room was beautiful there was a huge desk with her laptop on it, a vanity set, which was also huge and two big dressers, a walk-in closet (Maria told her) and the bed, which was ginormous, Chloe thought that it could probably fit a small army in it.

"Do you like it?"

Chloe had nearly forgotten about Maria behind her while lost in her survey of the room, she had startled her a little bit.

"Y-yes Maria thank you."

Maria smiled.

"You really like it?"

Chloe nodded.

"Yes, its gorgeous."

Maria looked pleased.

"Mr. Luthor will be pleased to hear you like it, I'll leave you to freshen up but first Mr. Luthor wanted me to tell you that the laptop on the desk is a gift, yours unfortunatley couldn't be salvaged and to tell you that he put all your data from your laptop onto the new one."

After saying this Maria left, saying to not worry about unpacking her clothes and promising to come and get her in a hour and a half.

Chloe walked slowly around the room she came to the desk where lay the mysterious laptop, she had thought from her initial scan of the room that it was hers now she could see that it wasn't, though it looked like hers it was obviously a newer version. She looked around the room again and her eyes landed on the two huge dressers and then, her now pitiful looking set of luggage, a few things from her house, she was going to get the rest later but even then she wouldn't even be able to fill the giant dressers,

Oh well might as well unpack anyway, save Maria the extra work. she thought.

She grabbed her bags and walked over to the dressers but when she opened the drawers she found that there was already clothes in them all looked new and all of them still had tags on them,

What the heck? Had Lex not gotten it emptied out from last time it was used?

Slowly she pulled out a piece of clothing she discovered that it was a shirt, name brand (well of course) and that it was her size, she was extremely puzzled by this,

"Well I'll just have to ask Lex about it, I guess."

She said to herself as she folded the shirt and replaced it in the drawer and closed it.

She grabbed some clothes and went into the bathroom, it was just as beautiful as her room, not to mention it was practically bigger than her apartment, it had a jacuzzi, a double sink, tile floor that felt really warm on her barefeet, she realized that it was heated, it felt like a day at the spa,

"I could definitely get used to this."

After relaxing in the jacuzzi for way to long she finally pulled herself out and got dressed, put on makeup and fixed her hair, she made her way to the dining room guided by Maria, where Lex was waiting for her, he turned when she entered and she realized that he had also showered and changed,

"Chloe, how was your.....soak?"

Giving her a devilish smile.

Chloe ignored it.

"It was good thank you, how was yours?"

He smirked.

"Very good, did you like the room?"

"Yes its beautiful, I think your spoiling me."

"Good."

"Um Lex there was one thing..."

He frowned.

"What is that?"

"Well I was going to put my clothes away and-"

"Didn't Maria tell you she'd do it?"

He asked, frowning.

"Yes but I can put my own clothes away Lex, but when I opened the drawer there was already clothes in it."

" I know, they're yours."

Chloe shook her head,

"No they aren't my clothes, Lex, they were all brand new and waay to expensive for me to afford."

"They are your clothes Chloe, clothes I bought for you."

Chloe was confused,

"What? You bought clothes for me? Why?"

"Because I wanted too."

He said simply.

"I'm sorry Lex but I can't accept them."

He frowned.

"Why not?"

"Because you've already opened your home to me, replaced my laptop, not to mention saved my life, and now your trying to give me a dresser full of clothes, I don't think so Lex."

"Actually two dresser's and a closet full of clothes, well not to mention shoes, and you can accept them because I told you to, your my guest."

"Lex I hope you kept your receipts because I am not wearing those clothes."

She said, crossing her arms.

"Well then I feel sorry for you because if you don't wear the clothes I'll have your other clothes taken away and then you won't have any clothes except for the one's I bought you, or.....no clothes."

He smiled devilishly.

Chloe's eyes narrowed,

"You wouldn't dare."

"Try me."

He was dead serious.

Chloe clenched and unclenched her fist,

"Fine."

He smiled, triumphantly,

"Good, I'm glad we reached an agreement."

She scoffed.

"An agreement! More like blackmail."

She said, shaking her head.

He laughed,

"Ready to eat?"

She suddenly realized how hungry she was,

"Yes but we'll talk about our 'agreement' later."

But the whole conversation quickly flew from her mind when they started to bring out the food.

After dinner Lex asked her to join him for drinks by the fireplace, soon they were both relaxing comfortably, staring into the fire, a comfortable silence between them, Lex broke it,

"Chloe, I want to know more about Doctor X."

She looked surprised,

How did you find out about him?"

"When we were looking for you we used your data off of your laptop, it got destroyed but we were able to salvage files off of it, files about Doctor X, unfortunately not all the files were able to be saved so we didn't learn much about him, like who he is for instance, we did find out a location and thats where we found you but he wasn't there, and if we are going to find him I need to know everything you know Chloe."

She hesitated.

"Chloe he will come back to find you if we don't find him first, now please tell me all you know."

She sighed.

"Okay well it all started about four months ago, when one of my sources contacted me, he told me about a facility, similar to that of 33.1 but I thought that all the 33.1 facilities had been closed down, that vigilantes had destroyed them all, so I was puzzled that the vigilantes would leave one and so I started to check into it but I was soon found out that it was a lot different than any 33.1 facility I'd ever heard of it was much worse there were things being done to them that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, apparently the person who ran the facility went by the name Doctor X but no one seemed to know his real name also he wasn't the one who owned it rather he worked for someone else he just acted as more like overseer of the facility but that he had conducted pretty much everything, that the man who actually owned it pretty much gave him free rein to do whatever he wanted and what he was doing was killing the meteors freaks but it wasn't like he'd bring them in there and shoot them, more like he was killing them slowly, making them suffer, it finally got to the point where he'd killed dozens of meteor infected so I decided I had to figure out a way to stop it and shut down the facility, the first thing I wanted to find out was who exactly Doctor X was after that I wanted to find out who the owner of the facility was that was when I got kidnapped and so yeah, thats the story."

"So who is this Doctor X?"

"His name is Malcolm Sirus, apparently he's some kind of scientist, he has some sick fetish with killing the meteor infected, I couldn't find much on his childhood but I did find out that he worked for the nsf or the National Science Foundation and was considered a genius but was kicked out and placed in a mental hospital when after he started going off about green rock that gave people powers, he was in the hospital for ten years until suddenly he was released suddenly without reason, by his now employer, and then suddenly just dropped off the map until now, except now he has a different name."

"So did you ever find out who his employer is?"

Chloe hesitated and Lex could tell that she didn't want to tell him, he didn't understand why,

"What is it Chloe?"

She sighed,

"This is where it gets tough Lex."

He frowned.

"The name of the man that owns the facility is.............."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the cliffhanger it wasn't the original plan but then well it just fit
    I'll PPMS.......
    Please don't give up on me yet.....

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Re: Chasing the Lead (PG-13) (28th Feb. 2009)

Welcome to Naughty-Seduction. I´m glad to see you here- you know me as lexie2. I remember starting reading this fic on Kryptonsite last year, so I´m pleased to know you´re planning on continuing it.

Enjoy all the things these forums have to offer, including some of the best Chlex fics on the net.

My fics:

COMPLETE FICS

Second Chances
    Payback Time
    The Love of Two Men
    Hope and Happiness
    The Countdown
    Shadows from the Past
    Finding the Way Back
    The Real Thing
    The Christmas Gift
    Addicted
    The Naked Truth
    Crossing Paths and its sequel
    Rebuilding
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

I'm really enjoying this story. Can't wait for next update.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

Talking Re: Chasing the Lead (PG-13) (28th Feb. 2009)

This is such an interesting story!! I take it that Chloe doesn't know that Lois has disappeared? Or is Lois just not responding to Lex's e-mails? Chloe is so lucky that Lex has been keeping track of her!! If it wasn't for him, she would have died!! Hopefully she won't give him too hard of a time!! I'm really enjoying this great story!! Hope you can post more soon!!

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

I`m soooooo curious
    Malu

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

More please I can't believe you stopped there.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Re: Chasing the Lead (PG-13) (29th Feb. 2009)

First of all thanks for the love ya'll
    I really appreciate it.
    Now this is a really fast update cuz now I'm really getting anxious to get this fic finished and my creative juices are flowing so I'm just trying to.....go with the flow so to speak lol but anyway here is chapter 8!

Chapter 8: Accusations and Denials

Lex stared at Chloe, stunned,

"Impossible."

"I'm sorry Lex."

Lex shook his head,

"It's not right Chloe, there must be some mistake."

Chloe sighed,

"No Lex , the owner of the facility is Lionel Luthor."

"I don't understand, my dad has done some pretty sick things, but that was in the past, he changed, I mean hasn't been involved with that kind of stuff since he got out of jail and buddied up with Martha and Clark, since he became all 'good'."

"Look Lex apparently he didn't change as much as we thought."

"Or maybe something else is going on." He said, turning to look at her,

"Oh yeah Lex, like what?."

"Chloe, my father has done a lot of things to hurt you."

"Lex! Are you accusing me of something?"

"Well......" He said, cocking his eyebrows

Chloe took a calming breath, and spoke quietly,

"Lex, yes your father may have done a lot of things to hurt me and the people I love but I wouldn't wrongly accuse him of something, especially something like this, and." She paused. "I wouldn't lie to you Lex, even though he's done things to hurt you your whole life, he IS your father and that isn't something I would mess with, I know Luthor's well enough that they may fight and act like they hate eachother but if someone threatens their own, that person is gonna be sorry."

Lex sighed, and shook his head,

"I'm sorry Chloe, I know that you wouldn't lie to me its just hard to accept, I thought he had actually changed but I guess not, makes me wonder how much hope there is for me." He mused.

Chloe walked up to him and placed her hand on his shoulder,

"Lex you are not like your father, you can change, don't ever lose hope." Desperation colored her words.

He looked into her eyes and saw something that surprised him, she believed in what she said, she wasn't just saying it, it comforted him to have her confidence, her hope.

"Thank you Chloe." He said earnestly.

He realized her hand was still on his shoulder, he felt the warmth of it through his shirt, spreading throughout his entire body, she started to take it away but he caught it and held it captive where it was, she looked up at him, surprised, and their eyes caught and held, he slowly lowered his head, and their lips met, his hand slid off of her hand that was on his shoulder and went around her waist, instead of taking her hand off his shoulder her other hand grasped the opposite shoulder and she clung to him, fire coursing through her veins in a way that she had never experienced, finally after what seemed forever they came up for air, they were both breathing heavily, Chloe backed away from him,

"Lex I- uh don't know what that was...I." she was short of breath, her head still spinning.

"Do you want me to apologize Chloe? Because I won't." He grinned. "I enjoyed it to much."

She still couldn't think clearly and his smile wasn't helping any, she did the only think she could think of.

"I'm going to bed, goodnight."

She practically ran out the room, leaving Lex standing there and hearing him chuckle as she fled.

His laughing didn't last long however, because his was heart was still racing and blood was still pounding in his ears, he couldn't understand why he felt this way, how Chloe had this effect on him, yes she was beautiful and strong and witty, and so many things but he'd never dreamed that this would be how it would feel to kiss her, he hadn't felt like with any other women not Lana, not anyone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About five minutes after making her escape Chloe entered her room, Maria looking at her worriedly, thankfully she'd been there to guide her or else she might have never gotten to her room, to safety, who knows where she could've ended up had she been by herself, she might've entered Lex's room!

Chloe shook her head trying to clear way thoughts of Lex's bedroom and.........Lex.

Maria saw this.

"Are you sure your okay Chloe, you look....uh...excited."

I guess thats one way to describe how I feel, excited...ha.....indeed!

Chloe worked on gathering herself,

"Yes I'm fine Maria I'm just tired is all."

Chloe could see that she didn't buy it but let it go anyway,

"Very well Chloe, sleep well."

Chloe sighed in relief when she left, pressing her hands against her still burning cheeks she fell on her bed, thoughts rushing through her head a million miles an hour,

Why did I kiss him?

Why do I feel this way?

I'm such a idiot.

I shouldn't of backed down when he told me to stay here I should have fought more, just walked away, something.

This is so so so bad.

"That's it." She said as she climbed off the bed. "I'm leaving right now."

But then she reconsidered, she'd probably get shot by his security, thinking that she was some intruder, or worse she might run into Lex himself.

"Okay tomorrow then, first thing tomorrow."

Her plan was the only thing that helped her fall asleep, but then all she dreamt of was kissing Lex.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In his own room, Lex was had the same problem.

After a late night and not sleeping very well, Chloe slept late, it was almost ten thirty when she opened her eyes,

"D***!" She said after seeing the time.

Throwing off her covers she tore through her luggage and jumped in the shower, after she was finished getting ready, she packed her bags, made the bed and grabbed the laptop off the desk, opening the door she quietly exited, walking softly down the hall hoping to avoid detection, after what seemed like an eternity, and worrying that she was lost she came to a place that looked familiar, Lex's study, hearing voices inside she walked very carefully by the door when all the sudden she recognized a voice, one she hadn't expected to hear,

"Lois?"

Suddenly the door flew open and she realized that she'd said it out loud, there with one brow cocked a quizzical look on his face as he took in her appearance, stood Lex,

"Going somewhere Chloe?"

But Lois saved her from having to reply

"Chloe, its about time you woke up!" Lois shouted from behind him, then practically running came and embraced her,

"I'm so glad your okay cuz." She said in Chloe's ear.

All this time Chloe just stood there gawking.

"Lex you told me she was okay!" Lois accused, turning to him.

"Lois I'm fine, I-I just wasn't expecting to see you so soon."

Lois turned back around to face her.

"Do you really think I wouldn't come, knowing you were in trouble?!" Lois exclaimed placing her hands on her hips.

"Lois I wouldn't want you to put your career on the line, especially since you knew I was alright."

"I didn't know that you were okay, not with cueball here." She said motioning behind her, which Lex shook his head at.

Chloe was about to reply but Lois cut her off,

"Look Chlo relax I would've had to come back anyway."

"But you weren't supposed t be back for another three weeks, atleast."

Lois shrugged, "Plans change."

Chloe could tell she was hiding something,

"What aren't you telling me, Lois?" Chloe demanded.

Lois sighed,

"Our convoy was hit, I was captured along with a couple others, we were held for a couple weeks, thats why I didn't have contact with Lex, we were," She hesitated for a second. "Rescued, and well here I am." She smiled.

"Whoa, whoa back up a second, were you injured?"

"No do I mean the food was the greatest, well thats when we got food." She shrugged.

"Lois can you be so nonchalant about all this?"

"Chloe its isn't that big of deal I wasn't hurt, I'm safe, I'm back."

"Lois do you know how lucky you are, how many haven't made it back? And yes I am going to make a big deal out of it, you could have been killed!"

"I knew the risk of going over there, I didn't go to the middle east for vacation Chlo, I made the choice of going and I knew what could happen."

"I still don't why your not taking it seriously, like you dying is some big joke or something."

"Okay look I'm sorry Chloe it isn't a joke, but the important thing is that you and I are both alive and I'm back here to take care of you." Lois said and then hugged her.

Chloe hugged her back, happy that Lois was safe and as they pulled away she thought of something,

"Lois where are you going to stay?"

"I'm staying at the Kent's, um you know until the apartment gets fixed up." She said acting fidgety.

"Wait, did you ask Clark or Martha?" Chloe asked.

"I-I asked Clark."

"Oh what about when he and Lana get back?"

"Well, " She laughed nervously. "Clark is back."

Chloe processed this for second, "Oh, Clark is back." She frowned. "What....about.....Lana?" She asked haltingly, confused.

"Um Chloe why I don't let Clark explain everything to you okay?"

Chloe frowned again but nodded in consent.

"Okay well lets get all your stuff and get it loaded."

Lex finally spoke, "She isn't leaving."

"Yeah she is, she's coming with me, thank you Lex for what you've done but we'll handle it from here okay?"

Both Lex and Chloe looked at her quizzically,

"We?" Lex asked.

She hesitated, "Her friends."

"Well from where I'm standing her friends aren't very good at 'taking care of it' or her for that matter."

Lois's eyes narrowed, "Yo-"

"Lois its okay, just let me handle it, why don't you go out and wait alright?" Chloe said cutting Lois off.

Sucking in her breath Lois nodded and exited the room.

"Your not leaving Chloe."

"Yes I am Lex, thank you for letting me stay here but now I have a place to stay so....."

"I thought you were fearless but apparently I was wrong." Lex said, mockingly.

Chloe frowned and shook her head, "What are you talking about Lex?"

"Your scared Chloe."

"I'm scared, okay, scared of what?"

"That what happened last night will happen again."

The events of last night suddenly flooded to her mind, her cheeks flushed slightly at the memory, something he noticed and grinned about.

Chloe raised her chin, "If I did have to stay here that wouldn't happen again, but I don't have to so it really doesn't matter."

He nodded, "Oh so thats why you were trying to run away this morning."

He had her trapped and she knew it.

"Okay so maybe thats why I want to leave, I don't want it to happen again."

He cocked one brow, "Are you sure you don't want it to happen again?" He asked, smirking.

Much to her embarrassment her face flushed deeply at the thought.

He smirked again, "My, Chloe, I didn't realize you blushed so easily."

After clenching her fists and glaring at him she spun around and headed for the door but before she got there he caught her arm and spun her back around,

"Your not leaving."

"Lex let me go."

"No your staying here."

"Why?"

"So I can keep an eye on you."

"Lois and Clark will make sure I'm safe."

"Those two? Keeping you safe, somehow I'm not reassured."

"Why is it such a big deal, I thought you'd be happy to have me off your hands."

"It's a big deal Chloe because," He hesitated. "I consider you a friend and I don't want you to get hurt, especially with the maniac that kidnapped you still out there."

Chloe took this in, "I'm surprised to hear you say that Lex but whats even more is, I also consider you a friend, but since I'm not very good at ignoring huge elephants there is obviously something more well I mean last night was, we have...." She stopped, at a loss for words.

"Chemistry?" He said, smirking.

Suddenly aware of how close they were she wasn't able to answer, she tried to pull her hand away but he wouldn't let go, he rubbed her wrist with his thumb, feeling her soft skin and her pulse quicken at the motion, She sucked in a deep breath,

"Lex please let me go."

"Why Chloe? Because I don't really think you want me to."

"Yes I do, because I'm not like other girls I don't just hook up with anyone even if it is Lex Luthor, I want more Lex, I want to love someone and have them love me..........I want my happily ever after, is that what you want Lex?"

He was shocked for a second but then said,

"I don't believe in happily ever after."

"Then I think its best if I leave, goodbye Lex."

She pulled her arm away from his loosened grip and walked out the door, leaving Lex standing there, stunned.

So whatcha think?
    Suggestions are always welcome!
    And just to let you know the next few(ish) chapters have some unexpected surprises
    TBC (soon)

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

Talking Re: Chasing the Lead (PG-13) (29th Feb. 2009)

What a wonderful update!! I'm so glad that Lois is ok, which is surprising for me because she isn't my favorite character!! But at least she cared when Chloe went missing, unlike Chloe's other so-called friends!! Lex and Chloe's chemistry is great, but I'm proud of her for standing up for herself and what she wants!! Hopefully Lex will see that she was right!! Can't wait for more!!

Re: Chasing the Lead (PG-13) (29th Feb. 2009)

Sorry for the wait, and the kinda short length of the update, but here s chapter 9
    Hope you like it!!!

Chapter 9: Surprising Revelations

Kent Farm:

Lois and Chloe pulled into the Kent farm, as soon as they stopped Chloe's door was opened and she was enveloped in a giant bear hug,

"Chloe I'm sorry I wasn't here, are you okay?" Clark exclaimed.

"Well I was but if you don't let go soon it might be a different story." Chloe gasped out.

Clark suddenly let go, "Oh sorry Chlo."

Chloe breathed, "Its okay Clark."

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to save you."

Chloe looked at Clark sharply, Didn't he realize that Lois was standing right there?

Chloe laughed like it was a joke.

Lois and Clark just stared at her.

Chloe frowned, "What.....is....going.....on?"

"Lois knows about my powers, Chloe."

Chloe's eyes widened, "She knows....about your powers....about......everything?"

"Yep I know all about him being a alien from the planet Krypton and all that stuff." Lois said, in a nonchalant manner.

Chloe stared at Lois like she was insane, finally she spoke, "And your okay with this?"

"Yeah I mean it came as a bit of a surprise but hey he's still the Clark I know and love."

Chloe slowly nodded her head, "Right, um how exactly did this happen?"

"Well you know when I was kidnapped and I told you I'd escaped, well that wasn't exactly true, Clark rescued me, well us, he rescued the others prisoners too, and thats how I found out, I couldn't tell you before because Lex was standing right there."

Chloe let this sink in for a second, "But I don't understand." She said looking at Clark. "What were you even doing there?" She asked, frowning.

"Well after Lana and I went our separate ways I kinda just wandered looking for people in need, and then I stumbled upon Lois." He said, kind of shrugging.

"After you and Lana 'went your separate ways'?, What does that mean?" Chloe asked, confused.

Clark sighed, "Lana and I, our relationship wasn't going anywhere, and it was time to call it off, so we did."

"You guys broke up? Just like that?"

"Yes Chloe, its been in the works for a long time now, it was bound to happen."

Chloe couldn't wrap her brain around it, Clark broke up with Lana after years and years of ups and downs, she had finally known his secret and they had what they always wanted, and they'd just called it quits, just like that?

"Look Chloe I know this is alot to take in so maybe we should talk about it later."

Choe considered this for a moment, "Okay, later, now whats for lunch?"

After lunch Chloe went upstairs, while Clark and Lois cleaned up from lunch, as Chloe was walking down the stairs she overheard them talking,

"Are we going to tell her......everything?" Clark asked.

"Clark, I'm not sure we have much choice, if we don't she might sense that we're keeping something from her."

"Your right, of course, but its just that I'm not sure she's ready for this, it might be hard for her to handle."

There was a pause.

"Clark pleeeaaase, Chloe has been over you for a long time now."

"That isn't what I'm talking about, she has been through a lot, she was kidnapped by some psycho and then she has been with Lex all this time, and now this,
    I just don't know."

"Maybe your right, maybe we should wait a little bit before we tell her, but that means we have to be careful, if she senses anything we are dead."

Just then Chloe walked in, "I think you guys give me to much credit, or maybe--" But the words died on her lips, Clark and Lois were kissing, they broke up quickly when she came in, but not before Chloe had seen them.

Chloe stood on the threshold to shocked to speak.

Clark and Lois fidgeted nervously.

Finally Lois spoke, "Chloe we were going to tell you but we thought it would be best to wait until after this kidnapping business got cleared up, once your apartment got cleaned up so you could move back in."

"Oh so I could get moved back in, yeah thats really important to you guys isn't it? That way you can get back to whatever it is thats going on between you two."

"Chloe it isn't like that, we love eachother."

"Love? You love eachother? Like I'm going to buy that one."

"You don't understand, when Clark saved me and I saw what he could do and then when he told me everything it was like, everything just clicked and I suddenly saw him for who he really was and all these feelings I'd repressed came to the surface and I realized that I love him."

Chloe tried to take it in.

"Chloe I love Lois, and when I saved her I don't really know how to describe it because how I happened upon where she was being held, it just, well there isn't any other explanation besides, it was destiny, I don't know how long I've loved her, when those feelings started but I was with Lana and I just I wasn't paying attention, unfortunately, there were a lot of things I should have been doing, important things, when instead I was focused on only Lana, I regret that a lot now, and I'm paying for it."

Chloe was quiet.

"Are you okay with this Chloe, because if not we can......" Lois let the sentence hang.

Chloe shook her head, "No I'm fine with it um its just a lot to take in at in at one time, it'll just take me time to process it, you know?"

"I understand Chloe, how about Clark and I leave you alone for a while?" Lois asked.

"Oh, you guys don't have to do that."

"No, thats a good idea Lois, the farm could use some restocking anyways." Clark added.

"Sounds like a plan." Lois said, smiling.

After they had left, Chloe walked up to the room she was staying in, and after grabbing her cellphone she walked downstairs and got Lois' keys, glad they had taken the truck, she got in Lois' car and left.

Soon she pulled into the Luthor mansion, as she got out of the car she had the weirdest feeling of coming home, shaking the feeling she walked up the steps and went inside, she walked into the library, where Lex could usually be found, and found that her hunch was correct, Lex was sitting at his desk and looked up when she came in,

"Hello Chloe." He said, smiling.

"Lex, sorry, I got your message, I came as soon as I could, what is it?"

"Actually I'm surprised you were able to make it at all, with your babysitters, how exactly did you escape from them anyway?"

"They went shopping, I wasn't invited."

"Lois and Clark, shopping? Together?"

"Yeah weird huh?"

"Very, but that isn't what I called you here for, my team found a lead on Malcolm Sirus."

"Really, what is it?"

"They found a location, we're going to go and get him now."

"Your going?"

"Yes I want to make sure we get him this time."

"I'm going with you."

"No, absolutely not, I called you here so I would know where you were, so I could make sure you are safe."

"Lex this guy kept me locked up in basement for weeks, I'm not going to stand by waiting for you to catch him, I want to come, I want to help."

Lex sighed, "Fine but you are staying in the car."

Chloe smiled, "Whatever you say Lex."

TBC
    Feedback is always appreciated!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Chasing the Lead (PG-13) (09 Mar. 2009)

Great update and I can't wait to see what happens next.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information