+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Countdown ( PG-13)

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Re: The Countdown ( PG-13) ( Updated 7/27 )

Disclaimer: see Chapter 1

A/N: Here are four more chapters to keep you entertained until I can post a new instalment- hopefully next week. I´ve got to take my computer to the technician to fix a problem I have with the codecs.

CHAPTER 5: Watching Over Chloe

Enrico´s was a cosy and romantic Italian restaurant three blocks away from The Daily Planet- the worst choice for Valentine´s Day when your boyfriend´s just dumped you and the love of your life´s dining with the girl in whose shadow you´ve always lived. Still, Enrico´s ravioli were the closest thing to heaven Chloe had ever tasted, and she needed something to lift her spirits. Maybe she´d order a bottle of Cabernet in the bargain. She never drank but, what the hell, she needed to forget.

Lex had never dined at Enrico´s before but he had to admit they served the best fettuccini al pesto he had savoured in years, and their wine cellar left nothing to be desired. True, he would have enjoyed the food even more if he hadn´t been in his current predicament; he had kept a close eye on Chloe throughout the meal and noticed that she had ordered a second bottle of wine. He remembered she had always had mineral water with her meals and thought with a pang that she was deliberately trying to get drunk.

The time for dessert came and the blonde reporter ordered a tiramisu and a glass of cognac. She had developed a splitting headache once again and felt an uncomfortable pricking in her eyes. ´Don´t you dare start crying now, Sullivan. That´d be downright pathetic. You need an aspirin or something before your head explodes, ´ she said to herself, fishing a pill out of her bag and washing it down with a large gulp of cognac.

´What the hell is she doing mixing a pill with alcohol? ´ frowned Lex. ¨Bring me the check, please, ¨said Lex, waving to the waiter and handing him his Gold Visa.

¨Were you satisfied with the service, sir? ¨ asked the waiter.

¨Very. I´ll come back soon, ¨ answered Lex with a smile, keeping an eye on Chloe, who was finishing her dessert.

As soon as the waiter came back with the credit card, Lex got up and, picking up his overcoat, ambled to Chloe´s table.

¨Good evening, Chloe, ¨said Lex softly.

¨Lex? ¨asked a confused Chloe. ¨What are you doing here? ¨ she added with sad eyes.

¨Come, ¨ he responded, placing a hand on her shoulder and feeling her tremble. ¨I´ll see you home. ¨

¨Home? My accommodation´s ceased to exist, ¨slurred Chloe. ¨Zod, remember? ¨

¨You´re staying at the penthouse tonight, ¨answered Lex after taking a deep breath.

¨I´m not staying with you, Lex, ¨ she shook her head.

¨I´ll rent you a hotel room, then. ¨

¨I don´t want your charity, Lex. ¨

¨It´s not charity, Chloe. I´m just watching over you. You´re in no fit condition to be left alone tonight. ¨

¨You mean I´m drunk? ¨she chuckled.

¨Come on, Chloe. Take your coat and I´ll see you out, ¨he murmured.

¨Who´s appointed you my warden, Lex? ¨ she asked, raising her voice.

¨I´m just doing the honourable thing, Chloe. ¨

¨The honourable thing? ¨she echoed with glassy eyes. ¨Honour. Is there any of it left in you? ¨

¨Chloe... ¨ said Lex through clenched teeth, trying to control his temper. ¨Let´s not make a scene. ¨

¨Worried about your PR, Lex? By the way, where´s Lana? ¨

¨In Smallville. ¨

¨You´ve left her alone on Valentine´s Day? How unchivalrous of you, Lex! ¨ she answered ironically.

¨I could say the same about Olsen, ¨he snapped.

¨He´s dumped me. Satisfied? ¨she responded bitterly.

¨I´m sorry to hear that. ¨

¨I don´t want your pity, ¨ she said, standing up before stumbling and falling into Lex´s arms.

¨You´re staying at the penthouse, end of story, ¨he stated, helping her with her trench coat.

¨OK, you win, ¨ gave in a dizzy Chloe, leaning on him.

Once outside the restaurant, Lex hailed a cab and asked the taxi-driver to take them straight to the penthouse. He could have driven Chloe himself but she was in no condition to walk three blocks to get to the Porsche, which was parked in the underground garage of Luthorcorp.

While Lex chided himself for not doing what he had thought advisable at first- staying the hell away from the blonde- a drowsy Chloe asked herself how the evening had turned out with her sharing a cab with Lex of all people.

By the time the taxi got to Lex´s building, Chloe had fallen asleep on his left shoulder. He paid the cabbie and stirred Chloe gently to wake her up.

¨Lean on me. Do you think you can make it to the elevator? ¨

¨I´m not that drunk, Lex. ¨

¨What did you take with the cognac? ¨

¨A painkiller. ¨

¨You should know better than to mix alcohol with medicine, Chloe. ¨

¨I wasn´t thinking clearly, OK? Oh, God! I´ve got a terrible headache. ¨

¨You shouldn´t have drunk all that wine. You´ll have a hell of a hangover. ¨

¨ I´ve always wondered... How do you do it? ¨ asked Chloe once they were inside the elevator.

¨How do I do what? ¨

¨How do you hold your liquor? Because, let´s face it, you always seem to have a glass in your hand. ¨

¨Are you suggesting I´m a drunkard, Chloe? I also drink lots of mineral water, you know, ¨he smirked.

¨Oh, yeah, that expensive stuff in the small blue bottles. Tŷ Nant, right? ¨ she answered, leaning against the wall of the elevator.

¨Are you OK? ¨ he asked concerned.

¨I´ve always hated Valentine´s Day. All those red hearts, balloons and saccharine greeting cards... They suck! ¨ she stated, wiping the sweat off her brow. ¨When will we get there? ¨

¨We´re ten floors away, ¨he answered, placing a hand on her forehead. ¨I think you´ve got a temperature. Are you cold? ¨he asked, feeling her shiver.

¨A little, ¨she answered, trying to cover her embarrassment.

¨I´ll call my personal physician as soon as wet get to the penthouse. ¨

¨Don´t, ¨she responded, grabbing his wrist when he removed his hand, and letting it go as if scorched. ¨I´ll be fine. I just need some sleep. ¨

¨You don´t look well to me. ¨

¨I know what´s wrong with me, Lex. It´s my body. I recognise the symptoms. ¨

¨Are you pregnant? ¨he asked with a frown.

¨No! ¨she exclaimed outraged.

¨Here we are, ¨ he said when the elevator stopped at the top floor, relieved her answer had been negative. ¨Careful! ¨ he said when Chloe´s knees wobbled and he had to catch her before she went sprawling on the corridor floor. ¨Put your arms around my neck, ¨ he advised her.

¨What are you doing? ¨ she asked when he leant to pick her up.

¨What does it look like? ¨

¨I´m neither an invalid nor a bride, Lex. Put me down, ¨ she insisted.

¨Stop struggling and let me get the key card. ¨

¨Lex? ¨ she mumbled.

¨What? ¨

¨Hurry up. I think I´m going to be sick, ¨ retched Chloe the moment Lex inserted the key.

¨Hold on. We´ll get you to the toilet, ¨ he responded, depositing her on her feet and kicking the door shut.

Fifteen minutes later, a shaky and embarrassed Chloe broke into tears when Lex picked her up from the toilet floor after she emptied her stomach.

¨Come on, Chloe, ¨ he soothed her while she held onto him for dear life, letting the tears run down her mascara. ¨You need to take a shower to bring down the temperature. Do you think you can manage on your own? ¨

¨Mm, ¨she assented, releasing the grip on his shirt before swaying.

¨I don´t think so, ¨ he said, catching her. ¨ Look... Why don´t we do something? ¨ he suggested, sliding the shower screen. ¨Step into the cubicle with your clothes on if it makes you feel more comfortable. Once your temperature starts to come down, we´ll get you out and you can strip on your own. ¨

¨I´ve got nothing to put on. ¨

¨I´ll lend you something, and I´ll phone my doctor just to be on the safe side. I guess now you´ve thrown up you´ll get better. I hope you´ve learnt your lesson: no alcohol and pills in the future, ¨stated Lex, opening the hot water tap.

¨Lex, ¨murmured Chloe when the hot jet of water hit her, ¨why are you doing this? ¨

¨Clark and Olsen are two of the stupidest guys in this world, ¨he responded, looking into her green eyes, wondering whether the dampness he saw in them was due to the water from the shower or fresh tears. ¨ Don´t look at me that way, Chloe, ¨ he pleaded. ¨I don´t want to hate myself in the morning, ¨ he added, opening the cold water tap. ¨I didn´t mean for all this to happen, Chloe. I wish things were easier, ¨he confided, closing the tap and stretching out another arm to grab a clean bath towel with which to wrap her trembling body. ¨You can take off your wet clothes now. There´s a clean robe behind the door. I´ll go and get you something to sleep in tonight, ¨he finished, opening the bathroom door and making an escape before another look at her could put an end to his scruples.
    Last edited by lexie; 22nd June 2010 at 01:04.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Disclaimer: see Chapter 1.

CHAPTER 6: Facing the Truth

¨How is she, doctor? ¨ asked Lex, when the man shut the guest room door.

¨I agree with the lady´s physician, Mr Luthor. She´s under a lot of stress. Everybody reacts to stressful situations in a different way. I´m going to prescribe her something to settle her stomach, but she only needs to rest. Make sure she drinks plenty of liquids. If she wakes up hungry, let her have something light: toast or soda biscuits will do, ¨answered the physician, picking up his overcoat and his bag.

¨I´ll see to everything. Thanks for coming over, doctor, ¨said Lex, shaking his hand at the door.

¨Don´t hesitate to call again, Mr Luthor. Goodnight. ¨

¨Goodnight, doctor, ¨greeted Lex before closing the front door.

The younger Luthor ran a hand over his scalp in despair. Why was it that every time he thought he had everything under control, the unexpected happened and put his life upside down? He had stayed in Metropolis that night to put things into perspective. He needed some time alone, away from the haunting thoughts of Chloe, Lana´s emotional demands and Lionel´s sudden interest in 33.1. Lex´s plan, however, had turned awry when the object of his romantic obsession chose to take a solitary walk around Metropolis.

He poured himself a tumbler of bourbon and lifted it up to his mouth, his lips twitched as he remembered her words on the lift. Maybe she was right. He had forgotten what it was like to really taste a drink without swallowing it in an attempt to shut out the voices in his head. He set the untouched tumbler down on the bar, turned off the lights and walked down the corridor to his room.

He went past Chloe´s bedroom and, all of a sudden, retraced his steps. He hesitated for a few minutes in front of the door before plucking the courage to grab the doorknob and open it just a crack. From the doorway he could see Chloe lying asleep on her right side. She looked adorable in one of his purple dress shirts and Lex felt a tug at his heart. He watched her sleeping form and wondered what it was she saw in him for he knew damn well he was no innocent and tender-hearted Clark.

¨Goodnight, Chloe, ¨ murmured Lex.

¨Lex, ¨mumbled a sleepy Chloe, fluttering her eyes open.

¨Everything´s fine, Chloe. Go back to sleep, ¨ he answered reassuringly, starting to shut the door.

¨Wait! ¨said Chloe, trying to sit up.

¨Do you want me to fetch you something, Chloe? Dr Robson said you should drink lots of liquid to stay well hydrated, ¨he responded, approaching the bed. ¨ I´ll bring you some juice, ¨he added, turning to leave.

¨I don´t want anything to drink, Lex, ¨she said, taking one of his hands and feeling her eyes turn watery.

¨Chloe..., ¨he begged her, ¨I can´t give you what you want. ¨

¨Why not? ¨she asked chokingly. ¨What has she got that I haven´t? ¨

¨Don´t do that, Chloe, ¨he pleaded, holding her gaze and sitting down on her bed. ¨It´s not a question of what she´s got that you haven´t. ¨

¨What is it, then? ¨she asked, letting her tears trail down her cheeks. ¨I don´t understand. You love me. I know you do. ¨

¨That´s precisely why this can´t be. ¨

¨Don´t you dare play the martyr with me, Lex Luthor. Is this your idea of a grand gesture? A sacrifice to save me from the big bad wolf? I´m a big girl, Lex, in case you haven´t noticed, ¨she shouted, grabbing him tightly by the shirt.

¨I´m just trying to protect you, Chloe, ¨he answered, taking her by the wrists.

¨I´m not Lana, Lex. I´m not a brittle piece of china that might get broken if it´s not handled with care. ¨

¨You´re my Achilles´ heel, Chloe, and that puts you in an extremely vulnerable position. ¨

¨And what if I don´t care? ¨ she asked, getting closer to him.

¨You don´t know what you´re saying, ¨ he answered, cupping her face in both hands.

¨What are you afraid of, Lex? ¨ she asked, fastening her green eyes on his grey-blue ones.

¨This is what I´m afraid of, ¨he answered, lowering his mouth to meet hers in a passionate kiss.

She tasted sweet, almost innocent, and Lex revelled in her inexperience. He tugged her lower lip softly and let her get used to him before the tip of his tongue claimed entrance to her mouth. He heard her moan and she returned the kiss with ardour. What she lacked in experience, she compensated with feeling, and Lex knew there would never be another woman who could make him feel like she did with just a kiss. Reluctantly, he finished it, tasting the salty tears on her lips.

¨I´m terrified of hurting you, Chloe, as I know I will if we ever get together. Every woman I´ve ever loved has ended up dead, and I´m way too deep in filth to be able to protect you. ¨

¨ What about Lana? Aren´t you afraid for her? ¨

¨It´s different, Chloe. I can handle Lana. ¨

¨You mean you can manipulate her, ¨she said bitterly.

¨Manipulation´s synonymous with Luthor, Chloe. You know it better than anybody. My father tried it on you and almost got you killed. You know yourself, Chloe. You´re curious by nature and not easily deterred. I´d never ask you to give up your profession to preserve you from harm if you got to close to the truth surrounding my dealings. You were right the other day. I can lie to Lana because I´m damn good at it- my father´s seen to that- but you can see through me and that scares me witless. ¨

¨Drop 33.1, Lex, ¨ she entreated him.

¨It´s too late, Chloe. I´m beyond redemption, ¨he said, getting up.

¨It´s never too late, Lex, ¨she sobbed, linking his fingers with hers.

¨You deserve better, Chloe, ¨he answered matter-of-factly, letting go of her fingers.

¨I don´t want better, ¨she looked him squarely in the eye.

¨Goodnight, Chloe, and rest. My chauffeur´ll drive you wherever you want tomorrow, ¨he finished, shutting the bedroom door firmly, but gently, behind him.

¨I hate you, Lex Luthor! ¨she screamed, smashing the alarm clock against the door, before dissolving in tears.

The following chapter´s short but necessary to see what our two favourite characters are thinking the morning after?
    Last edited by lexie; 23rd May 2009 at 02:58.

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

CHAPTER 7: The Morning After

Chloe had cried herself to sleep, and she woke up to find the penthouse empty and a late breakfast waiting for her in the kitchen. The coward had slipped away sometime around sunrise, leaving her to face the morning after alone. He had scribbled a note informing her that her clothes were washed and pressed, and that she only had to pick up the phone to inform reception she was ready to leave for the chauffeur to bring the car to the front.

Chloe felt like throwing a tantrum and eyed the rare works of art in the living-room with a glint. What would it feel like to smash a Mink Dynasty vase to little pieces? Or pierce a hole in a Matisse with one of her high heels? A lot of different scenarios crossed her mind- many of which were worthy of Fatal Attraction? Leave it to Lex´s charm and a stolen kiss to stir a murderous streak in a peace-loving creature like her. ´Cool down, Sullivan. You´re a sensible woman and Lex´s already had his fair share of creepy female stalkers to last him a lifetime. You feel like wringing his neck, but- at least- he´s admitted to having deep feelings for you, so not everything´s lost. His plans to marry Lana may still be on but he hasn´t put a wedding ring round her finger yet. ´

Chloe picked up a freshly-baked croissant and, nibbling at it, went back to the guest room with her clean clothes. Twenty minutes later, she emerged from the bathroom showered and ready for an energizing cup of coffee with which to swallow down one of the pills Lex´s doctor had prescribed her. The rebel in her wanted to prolong her stay and demand he came back to his senses using any means necessary, but she knew it wasn´t the sensible thing to do. Despite her resentment towards Lana, she couldn´t stoop to using underhand tactics in order to snatch her boyfriend away from the princess- Chloe wouldn´t have appreciated that one bit had she been in Lana´s shoes. No, she would just have to have faith for both of them since Lex seemed to have given up on happiness. He had surrendered to his predestined dark path, but she was determined to show him he was still worth-saving.

Lex had left the penthouse a little before seven o´clock to escape from temptation. He was aware that being around the blonde reporter was playing with fire and that he could handle casual encounters in Smallville but not at close quarters in Metropolis. He relived what had happened at the penthouse the previous night and berated himself for being so weak. Kissing her had been a mistake for, now that he knew what heaven tasted like, he would find it extremely hard to make do with the pale reflection that was Lana. He cared for the brunette, but he had never and would never love her the way he did Chloe.
    Last edited by lexie; 22nd June 2010 at 01:05.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

CHAPTER 8: Venting

A week had gone by since Valentine´s Day and Chloe was fuming. Lois hadn´t stopped pestering her 24-7, prying into her private affairs- namely into her romantic life. It didn´t help that Jimmy had stopped calling or sending her flowers, a fact that had given her older cousin food for thought. Things had got even worse when Lex started to make himself scarce to the extreme of requesting Lois to bring the daily numbers to the mansion. Chloe was seriously considering seeking him out and asking Lana to join them to put an end to the farce. Chloe was so afraid of blurting the truth to the former prom queen that she avoided her and ignored her text messages and frequent calls.

U2 was blaring out of the loudspeakers in the apartment above The Talon when Lois walked on a flushed Chloe, who was standing in the middle of a trashed bedroom.

¨What the heck, Chlo´! ¨shouted Lois, turning off the stereo.

¨Don´t worry, Lois. I haven´t touched your stuff, ¨ said Chloe with a strained voice, dropping the only cushion whose stuffing wasn´t lying scattered on the floor.

¨If you felt like venting, why didn´t you just drive to the middle of a cornfield to scream your lungs out? ¨

¨I didn´t want to scare any cows, ¨ she murmured.

¨What happened in Metropolis on Valentine´s Day? ¨ asked Lois, sitting on a stool. ¨And don´t lie to me this time. ¨

¨Clark came to The Planet. He was really pissed off, ¨she sniffed.

¨Lana, right? ¨

¨ Who else? Sometimes, I just hate her, ¨ answered a venomous Chloe.

¨You sound bitter. If you dislike her so much, why have you accepted to be her bridesmaid? ¨

¨I wanted to prove something. ¨

¨To whom? ¨

¨To me. ¨

¨This isn´t just about Clark, is it? Did you see Lex when you stayed in Metropolis last week? ¨

¨Lex? ¨ asked Chloe, trying to hide her embarrassment. ¨Why do you ask? ¨ she added, busying herself with the broken pieces of china lying on the kitchen floor.

¨I´m not a fool, cuz. You´ve both been playing hide-and-seek for too long and Lana was here this morning when you were out. ¨

¨Lana? ¨asked Chloe interested. ¨What did she say? ¨

¨Not much. She looked crossed. She said you´ve missed your fitting at the dressmaker´s and that you haven´t answered her calls. ¨

¨Oh! ¨she answered disappointed.

¨What were you expecting her to say? Why aren´t you honest with her? Your behaviour´s so out of character, Chloe. If you feel uncomfortable being her maid of honour, why don´t you just tell her? ¨

¨It isn´t so easy, Lois, ¨she responded, her eyes brimming with tears. ¨How am I supposed to tell a girl who considers me her friend that I´m in love with her soon-to-be husband and that my feelings aren´t exactly unrequited? ¨

¨So I was right! ¨smiled Lois. ¨There´s something going on between you two. Did you and Lex... you know... when you were in Metropolis? ¨ asked Lois, arching an eyebrow.

¨No! Nothing happened- that is if you don´t consider the kiss we shared, ¨ confided a blushing Chloe.

¨ You kissed? ¨ exclaimed her cousin. ¨Who made the first move? ¨

¨ Well, I shouted at him for being so pig-headed and then I... grabbed him by the shirt. ¨

¨Wow, Chlo!´. I didn´t know you had it in you! ¨

¨I was drunk, Lois. ¨

¨Dutch courage then. ¨

¨But he was the one who started the kiss. ¨

¨What was it like? ¨

¨Heaven and hell. Why does he have to be such a gentleman? Damn his scruples! ¨ exclaimed Chloe, blowing her nose.

¨ We´ve got to do something, Chlo´. ¨

¨Wrong. You´ve got to stay the hell out of this, Lois. This is something that Lex and I have to figure out on our own, ¨she said gravely. ¨Promise me you won´t do anything crazy, Lo´, ¨she added, watching her speculatively.

¨I promise I won´t ruin any chances you two might have to be together. ¨

¨Lois..., ¨ warned Chloe. ¨ Do you want me to phone the General and tell him you´re meddling in affairs that might get you killed? ¨

¨All right, all right, ¨said Lois resignedly, before their conversation was cut short by the ring of a mobile phone.

¨It´s not mine, ¨ said Chloe. ¨It´s off and, besides, I´d never had chosen that ringtone. ¨

¨What´s wrong with it? Let me see where I´ve left it, ¨ responded Lois, rummaging through the debris. ¨Would you give me a hand, Chloe? ¨she asked exasperatedly.

¨Why don´t you ever put it where you can find it? Here it is, ¨said Chloe, handing her the mobile.

¨Hi, Ollie! ¨murmured Lois seductively when she read the number on the caller ID.

¨Ollie? ¨answered Clark with a frown. ¨It´s Clark, Lois. ¨

¨I know. I should have called you before. We´re still on for tonight, aren´t we? ¨

¨What the hell are you talking about, Lois? ¨

¨Have you missed me? ¨

¨That´ll be the day! Who´s there with you? ¨

¨Lo´, I´m going out, ¨whispered Chloe, picking up her handbag and the Beetle´s keys.

¨Bye! ¨said Lois.

¨Wait! Don´t hang up! I´ve got to talk you, ¨ rushed Clark.

¨Don´t worry, Smallville. I needed to get rid of my cousin, ¨she explained.

¨How is she? ¨ asked a worried Clark.

¨What do you think? She doesn´t deserve your cold shoulder, Clark. Have you ever thought how difficult this whole affair´s for her? ¨

¨I´ve blown it, Lois. I´ve hurt her feelings and I don´t know how to make amends. ¨

¨You bet! Still not everything´s lost, Smallville. How bad do you want to patch things up with my cuz? ¨

¨I´m open to suggestions, even from you, Lois. That´s the reason of my phone call. ¨

¨I may have an idea. ¨

¨I´m all ears. ¨

¨Not on the phone, Smallville. I´ll meet you at the barn in... say... half an hour? ¨ she said with a broad smile.
    Last edited by lexie; 22nd June 2010 at 01:05.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Re: The Countdown ( PG-13) ( Updated 8/2)

Well I do like Lois' worrying over Chloe and trying to find out why she's so upset. I did like that Lois told off Clark, and I have a suspicion she is going to try and get Chloe and Lex together.

I did like the Chlex conversation, and that Lex admitted to being afraid of hurting Chloe, but I think Chloe needs to forget trying to be friends with Lana. You just know that Lana is going to be uber-bitchy to Chloe for missing a fitting.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Lex said that Clark and Olsen are two of the stupidest guys in this world... He`s wrong... he`s the stupidest one... he proposed to Lana
    This is just disgusting...
    LOL
    I loved the chapters... Lex must suffer for all his stupid decisions, but after that he and Chloe should be together

I hope Lois`s plan include a very jealous and angry Lex
    Please more soon and thanks for giving us 4 amazing chapters
    Malu

Enjoying this. see Lana loves clark andlex loves Chloe so if they both see Clark and Chloe getting closer I wonder which one will break it off to get back their Love. I think Lois will ask Clark to go along with the pretending to be winning Chloe. Dagney

I'm glad that you updated!

Clark really is an idiot for being angry with Chloe and Chloe is suffering so much!

Please update soon again!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

That was some great update. Chloe girl give it up. You can't be friends with your rival.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

A/N: thanks a bunch for your encouraging reviews. A special thanks to those of you who´ve responded to my invitation to visit my brand-new Lex website. A very very very special thanks to Kit for becoming the first member. If interested, check my profile.

Now, on with the fic. Here are two chapters to start the thing heating. I´m afraid there won´t be Chlex interaction until next week, but I believe you´ll enjoy Lois´ Yago to Lex´s Othello. Kidding, I´m no Shakespeare. Well, anyway, you understand what I´ve meant with the metaphor.

CHAPTER 9: Plotting

The Barn- Kent Farm

¨Are you insane? ¨ shouted an outraged Clark.

¨Why? Admit it, Smallville, this is our only way out. ¨

¨I don´t think... ¨

¨Come on, Clark. You´ve said it yourself. Lex seduced Lana just to spite you. ¨

¨But she didn´t exactly resist him. What if she´s actually in love with him? ¨

¨Are you listening to you? Lana doesn´t know what she wants. Men can be so thick sometimes. ¨

¨And what makes you think I´d do anything to place Chloe near Lex´s clutches? ¨

¨You care about her. ¨

¨All the more reason for me to do whatever´s in my power to protect her from him. ¨

¨And what if this is what they both want. ¨

¨What are you talking about? ¨

¨Clark, do I need to spell it out for you? ¨

¨But he´s with Lana. They´re getting married. ¨

¨Future tense, Smallville. They haven´t exchanged vows yet. ¨

¨You´re nuts. ¨

¨I´ve been called worse. ¨

¨He can´t love Chloe. It must be one of his games again. He´s just trying to get to me, Lois. ¨

¨You´re full of yourself, aren´t you? Wake up, Smallville! The world doesn´t revolve around Clark Kent. Don´t let your enmity towards Lex blind you. Despite some of his questionable deeds, he´s as human as you are, Clark. Therefore, he´s got the right to fall in love. And why not with Chloe? If there´s anyone who can save Lex from himself that´s my cousin. I wouldn´t like to hurt your feelings, Clark, but Miss Pompom doesn´t have what it takes to be with a man like Luthor. ¨

¨I´m not kidnapping Lana, Lois. It´s the craziest plan you could come up with. ¨

¨OK. So kidnapping´s out of the question. It appears you aren´t so desperate to save Lana from making the biggest mistake in her life after all. ¨

¨I´m still willing to do something about it, but I need proof of this alleged love of Lex for Chloe. ¨

¨Great! ¨exclaimed Lois, rubbing her hands together.

¨I don´t see what´s so great about it. What was wrong with Jimmy Olsen? ¨

¨He´s just a good boy; ´Boy´ being the operative word here. He had no chance against cue ball. Lex might have inherited some of his father´s worst traits, but you can´t deny he´s a fascinating man. He´s got looks, brains and money. What else could a girl ask for? ¨

¨Don´t tell me you´ve got a crush on him, too. What would Oliver say? ¨

¨A girl´s allowed to look, isn´t she? Now... are you a man of your word, Smallville? If I get you proof... ¨

¨I´ll think about it. ¨
    Last edited by lexie; 22nd June 2010 at 01:06.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information