PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Sanguis quid Ligurat (NC17)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

ruafair
29th February 2004, 18:52
Hello all, here's the new one...I'm not sure how often updates will be but they'll probably be once a week. I've been a bit reluctant about posting this one, but anyway here is it...............Fiona

ETA: The cyber-attack the forums were submitted to a few years ago also affected this fic. Click on the following link to get the whole text:

CLICKIE (http://www.mediafire.com/file/3k36do04jrduk52/ruafair_Sanguis_Quid_Ligurat.pdf)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sanguis quid Ligurat
(Translation: - The Blood That Binds)
Author: Fiona
Rating: NC17 (eventually)
Spoilers: AU, but events that have happened in the show may be used and twisted, and please note that all these happened without Lex involved at all.
Disclaimer: Smallville, its characters etc, do not belong to me, they all belong to someone else. (Sigh) I’m just borrowing them.
Feedback: Please, let me know what you think about this one, I really need to know if you want it continued.
Dedicated to Imp and Hope (thank you my dears for constant words of encouragement)

Summery: Lex and the rest of the Luthors (Lionel, Lillian and Lucas) are a family of very powerful natural born vampires, i.e. they were born vampires and not *turned*. Reaching his 250th year Lex begins to feel the pull for a mate and begins his search, which of course leads the Luthors to Smallville. I will be using most of the vampire stereotypes and mutating some for the story. There will also be a large hint of the supernatural in this. Nell is still around so Lana will not be staying with Chloe. Nell owns the Talon and Lana runs it. And this is the first time any of the Smallville gang have ever met the Luthors.

Author’s Note: This will be another long fic. Also it may not seem at the beginning or on other occasions to be Chlex but trust me. It will also, hopefully, be a little darker than what I normally write. And big, big thank you and hugs to Sabby for the Latin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue – The Name

It was like they had always been there. Through the ages the name had grown in both strength and power, and although it’s spelling and pronunciation had long since been altered from its original Ancient Egyptian roots; the meaning and superiority were still clear. It was a name that struck fear even into the blackest hearts of the very few families who had come before them. It was a name that meant death. It was the last word that many a mortal and demon uttered before succumbing to an everlasting darkness.

Despite the many centuries of internal conflict, of fathers killing sons, of sons killing fathers, and of brothers killing brothers, they endured. Through various external power struggles they persisted. Through rivers of blood, considerable death, and vast destruction, they survived.

Then seven hundred years ago when the ruling family were fighting, and after the son had disposed of his father, he brought to an end the inter-family killings. ‘No longer will fathers and sons struggle for power. Never again will we spill the blood of our own. We are far above all that,’ he declared. ‘Let the other families destroy themselves from the inside. In fact, let us help them; let us show them what we can do together.’

‘United we are unbeatable,’ was his cry. It soon became the family motto.

He declared *war* on the other ruling families. Over the course of four hundred years he and his family systematically conquered or destroyed them all. Those that did not pledge their allegiance to him were massacred. When the final day of reckoning arrived, there were none left to oppose them.

And so on that day he settled on the name that became as synonymous with power and wealth as it was with death and destruction. And on that very day, he vowed that *his* family would forever rule. His children and his children’s children and so forth would only strive to make the name greater.

On that day immortals, demons and even mere mortals, bowed to the name *Luthor*.

Julie
29th February 2004, 19:15
O, me like :D Me like indeed :D

Hehe, very good Fi, as usual ;) Now, in tradition, get your cute butt back here and give me a looong update!

katspell
29th February 2004, 19:15
:ohmy: ok. ummm yeah. Speechless here. Thats me.

I love all things vamp, so I can't wait to see how you play this out.

There that was almost articulate. You wouldn't think that it took me 10 minutes to think of something other then WOW to say, would you?

miss_sixty1115
29th February 2004, 19:18
I love it already!!!!
Please I want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie ;)

ColumbiaBlue
29th February 2004, 19:21
Oooh, ohhh, ohhh! This is gonna be so good! Yaaaaaaay! I can't wait for more! Great job!

~Manda :blinkkiss:

autumngold
1st March 2004, 06:41
I can really picture Lex being a vampire!! He's always been powerful, pale, and sometimes evil!! This seems like it will be a very interesting strory!! Please update soon!! :chlexsign3:

hfce
1st March 2004, 07:01
More ;)

Hope :blinkkiss:

moultipass1
1st March 2004, 09:05
Great chapter! Looks like it's gonna be a wonderful fic, can't wait for more! :biggrin:

Moultipass :chlexsign4:

Not An Addict
1st March 2004, 09:12
*tackle hug* YAY!!! Oh, I love it! Of course, I generally love -all- your fics . . . hmm . . . *shrugs* Oh well. Ah, a fic combining two of my favorite things: Chlex and vampires. ^_^ Fantastic!! Can't wait for the rest.

Oh yeah. *lets you up*

SexInStilettos
1st March 2004, 10:55
ooo, i'm very excited to where this could be going :biggrin:

scifichick774
2nd March 2004, 05:55
Ah, a fic combining two of my favorite things: Chlex and vampires.

Word to that. More soon please.

gina
2nd March 2004, 07:22
Great beginning! This is a really cool premise!

Can't wait for more! :)

Clannadlvr
2nd March 2004, 07:56
*gah*

Darkness! Yum!!!

Ok, ok so I'm an angsty chick, what can I say.

I love what you're doing with this fic from the first few lines. The way you write really shows the darkness, power, and depth of the name "Luthor".

It's absolutely chilling so far and I can't wait for more!

sylvia
2nd March 2004, 12:09
Wow I'm already hooked. Love the semi-archaic, darker style of writing you've adopted. And I'm so glad you're working on another longer story. Update soon, please!

Joy
2nd March 2004, 12:25
you posted it!!!! I'm so excited... I can't wait the first interaction of the gang to the Luthors. I take it that Whitney's still dead? Write on!!!

scorpio
2nd March 2004, 13:24
Ohhh, great way to start your new baby. :yay:
It´s intriguing. :chlexsign1:
I just know this one is going to be an awsome story. Can´t wait for more. But an update only once a week? Oh come on, Fi. *pouts* You can´t be that mean, can you? ;)

vardaquareien
2nd March 2004, 14:11
Well it's a Fi fic so I was naturally expecting it to be good and with your first chapter you certainly haven't disappointed!!! That was a really strong powerful beginning, I can't wait to see how this is gonna progress!

Impress
2nd March 2004, 16:44
I like it. Not that that's surprising or anything.

ruafair
2nd March 2004, 20:25
Wow, thanks for the responses to the prologue, hope the rest of the fic lives up to your expectations. So here's Chapter 1......Fiona

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One – Welcome to Smallville

“What the fuck is in Smallville?” exclaimed Lucas as he joined his brother and his parents in their private jet. “Actually where the fuck is Smallville?”

“Language please Lucas,” said Lillian. “There is absolutely no need for that.”

“Sorry mother,” he muttered as he took his seat beside his brother.

“Smallville is where the new plant has been opened,” said Lex. “And as for where is it, it’s some backwater town that’s some three or four hours drive from Metropolis.”

“It’s not a backwater town,” said Lillian. “Has everything been prepared in the castle?” she asked her husband.

Lionel Luthor looked up from the papers he was reading and nodded at his wife. “And all the staff are our own, shipped in from Metropolis and various other cities, none of the *locals* have been hired to work in the castle.”

“And what about the plant?” asked Lex.

“80% of the workforce is local. However, all but one of the management staff are our own people. The local though, is the plant manager.”

“What?” exclaimed Lucas. “Why have you put someone like *him* in charge?”

“Because if we want the support of the local people we are going to have to put one of their own in a position of power,” said his brother.

“Precisely Lex,” replied Lionel with a small smile at his eldest son. “And you will actually be in charge of this plant.”

Lex refrained from saying anything. He had guessed that his father would put him in charge knowing the move wouldn’t please him. Lex never did like spending too much time in the presence of those that weren’t his own kind. ‘Unless it’s of the female variety,’ he thought.

Lillian watched Lex’s face as his took in the news. She loved her son dearly but he was an awful snob sometimes and she understood her husband’s reasons for putting him in charge of the Smallville plant. Her gaze flickered on her youngest son for a moment, Lucas on the other hand was much more carefree than Lex. And over the years he had managed to make a number of friends, close friends that were human. Whereas Lex on the other hand, avoided that kind of prolonged contact unless it was a human woman. And even then the *relationships* didn’t last long.

She caught her husband’s eye, ‘why do I think this small town is going to cause more trouble than anywhere we’ve ever been?’

‘Because my darling,’ Lionel’s voice echoed in her head, ‘trouble and the name Luthor have been bedfellows for centuries.’

A small smile graced her face as she reached out and took her husband’s hand.

“It will be fun,” said Lionel, lifting their joined hands and kissing his wife’s knuckle.

“Hell yes,” exclaimed Lucas, “and think of all those succulent high school girls that are just *begging* to be corrupted.”

“Lucas,” said Lillian, her voice like ice. “There will NOT be a repeat of what happened in Rome. If there is it will be a *very* long time before you can even look at another girl. Do…I…Make…Myself…Clear?”

“Yes mother,” said Lucas, his voice small.

“And you can wipe that smirk off your face Alexander,” she said turning her attention to Lex. “There will be none of your indiscretions either.”

“Yes mother,” replied Lex his voice small like his brother’s.

“Good, I’m glad that is all understood,” she replied. She squeezed Lionel’s hand gently and settled back in her seat.

Lionel allowed himself a small smile as he once again looked over his files.

--------------------------------------------------

“Chloe,” Gabe’s voice carried from the kitchen as she entered her house. “Can you come here please?”

‘Ok, what have I done now?’ she thought as she walked down the hall and into the kitchen. ‘Well obviously it’s not bad,’ she added when she saw a very happy Gabe Sullivan sitting at the kitchen table.

“I got it Chloe,” he said excitedly, his hands clutching a piece of paper.

“Got what?” she asked confused.

“The job at the new Luthor-Corp plant that is opening,” he said, handing out the piece of paper to her.

Chloe took it and read over it quickly, her eyes widening. “Oh my God dad, you got the plant manager’s job. Well done.” She dropped the page and hugged her father. He wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her back. “Well done,” she whispered again to him.

Chloe knew how much this meant to her dad. The job market hadn’t been great for the last eight months and he had resorted to taking part time jobs here and there. He had even been thinking about moving back to Metropolis if things didn’t pick up.

With one last squeeze Gabe let his daughter go. “I think this calls for a celebration,” he said with a smile. “How about pizza?”

“I think that is a perfect idea,” she replied with a smile. Gabe kissed her forehead gently and went off to get dinner.

When he had left the kitchen Chloe picked up the piece of paper from the floor. “Luthor-Corp,” she murmured, “so the infamous Luthors are coming to Smallville.” She had heard all the various rumours that surrounded one of the richest families in the world. She had also seen the goings on at the large castle on the other side of town. “Wow Lionel Luthor and his brood staying in this pokey town,” she said, “who would have thought? Actually why on earth would the whole family be here for a little plant opening?” Chloe’s eyes widened, as she smelt the beginnings of a story. “If my dad is going to be plant manger…” she trailed off, as visions of sneaking about the plant and maybe even getting an interview with a member of the notoriously reporter-hating family filled her mind.

“At last, something good to get my teeth into,” she said with a grin. “And hopefully it will have nothing to do with the meteor rocks.”

“Not bad,” said Lucas as he surveyed his room, “not bad at all,” as his eyes fell on the large four-poster bed.

“Ah bless you Andrew,” he said as he saw the book lying on the pillow. “I owe you one,” thinking of the large bonus his chauffeur was going to get. He walked over to the bed and picked up the book. He ran his fingers over the lettering on the front, ‘Smallville High School Year book.’ “I’ll just have to be a little more discreet this time around,” he muttered and he pushed the book under his pillows. “What mother doesn’t know won’t hurt *me*.” A smirk formed on his lips as he left his room and headed back downstairs.

“This town seems to be…well below your usual standards Mrs Luthor,” said the woman as she brushed Lillian’s red-gold hair.

“Maybe it is Margaret,” replied Lillian, “but there is something about this place.” As with every town over the centuries that the Luthor family settled in for a while, Lillian had done some research into the area before their arrival. The town’s ‘claim to fame’, the meteor shower, had piqued her curiosity. She had gathered information from the local newspapers about some of the things that had happened since that fateful October day. But other than the *normal* reports it didn’t really tell her anything.

“Well mistress, if you are interested in the strange things that go on here, you may want to look through those,” Margaret pointed to the small pile of newspapers sitting on a stool.

“What are these?” asked Lillian as she picked up one.

“The local High-school newspaper,” replied Margaret. “According to some of the locals, the editor has an interest in the meteor rocks as well. She may be able to…enlighten you.”

‘MMM interesting,” said Lillian as she read the first page. “What a strange town. These will do nicely Margaret, thank you. After dinner I’ll study them in greater detail.”

‘And maybe arrange to *bump* into the editor in the not-too-distant future,’ added Lillian silently.

slayer44
2nd March 2004, 20:34
I just tuned into this one, and so far the beginning is a real killer :) (in a good way)

Not An Addict
2nd March 2004, 21:04
Mwah hah hah hah! Lookit all the eeeeevil! It's terribly exciting. ^_^ I can't wait to see the eventual interaction between the Luthors and the rest of the town. The people of Smallville will never know what hit them.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what the Luthors do about feeding. *pictures butler going downstairs to select dinner from the people cellar*

ColumbiaBlue
2nd March 2004, 21:10
“At last, something good to get my teeth into,” she said with a grin.
I thought this line was funny. Hehehehehe

:ohmy: Can one of the Luthor's bite Lana and turn her into a vampire? Cause that would be just soooo cool. lol. Maybe she wouldn't be so annoying then. Can't wait until Chloe meets Lex and Lucas. That's gonna be fuuuun!

I love it! More soon!

miss_sixty1115
2nd March 2004, 22:30
Yep that's it I'm already hooked!!! :biggrin: So please come back and update!

Julie ;)

Julie
2nd March 2004, 23:53
Yay! You updated :D Hehe... Can't wait for interaction between Lex and Chloe ;)

Clannadlvr
2nd March 2004, 23:54
Woo hoo!

I love seeing Lex, Lillian, Lionel, and Lucas ("L squared") all together! And I've always thought that Lillian would have ruled over her sons with a strong hand...it's great to see it.

So far I'm LOVING Lucas and his debaucherous attitude! Hmm...is he going to go after Chloe?

Oh, and A? I love this!!

I'm also looking forward to seeing what the Luthors do about feeding. *pictures butler going downstairs to select dinner from the people cellar*

I'm just imagining Lex ordering people by year, just like wine!

More of this soon, please. What an intriguing read!!

scifichick774
2nd March 2004, 23:55
*evil cackle*

Oh, I love it. I just love it. More. Give me more.

katspell
3rd March 2004, 02:13
hmmm gimme more!

Megs
3rd March 2004, 05:01
This is not fair im addicted and you have only posted 2 chapters. i love the whole vampire thing very cool and original. I hope both lucas and lex think there mate is chloe that would be beautiful its about time chloe gets all the men and not shallow pink princess. lol. sorry can you feel the hate. :) anyways update soon please and feed my addiction.

thanks,
Megs

autumngold
3rd March 2004, 08:02
Oh, I just knew this story was going to be good from your first post, and the last chapter just proved it!! I hope that both Lucas and Lex are enthralled by Chloe!! She deserves some attention!! I have a feeling her investigations will get her in trouble though!! I can't wait to find out if I'm right!! Thank you for posting a new Chlex story!! :chlexsign4:

sylvia
3rd March 2004, 14:10
Ah, another great update. I like how you're slowly but surely building up the vampire mythology.

Oh, and just a suggestion: maybe Lucas could seduce Lana and suck the life out of her? Oh wait -- what life?

Lel
3rd March 2004, 15:28
I have to admit that when I read your synopsis I was not sure if I would Like this story, But I love it, it is great.

Please update soon

Lel xx

:wub:

scorpio
3rd March 2004, 16:35
Originally posted by ruafair@Mar 2 2004, 07:25 PM

“Lucas,” said Lillian, her voice like ice. “There will NOT be a repeat of what happened in Rome. If there is it will be a *very* long time before you can even look at another girl. Do…I…Make…Myself…Clear?”

:huh:
Ok, what exactly happened in Rome? Did dear Lucas have a little blood feast? :biggrin:

Great update. :)

But I´m curious to see how you work the standard vampire stereotypes into your story.

Don´t let us wait too long for a new chapter. :yay2: Please.

SexInStilettos
3rd March 2004, 23:59
oh i so like where this is going...update!!!

vardaquareien
5th March 2004, 16:05
*rubs hands together* This is wonderful! I just love Lucas so far in this! I love that he's gonna go through the yearbook and hopefully will be struck by a pic of a certain blonde reporter! And Lillian wants to meet her already aswell I can't wait for some Chloe/Luthor interaction!!! Hopefully she'll be able to cure Lex of his 'humans are beneath him' snobbery ;) And Chloe trying to get to the bottom of the Luthor mystery is gonna be so much fun!!! Can't wait for more of this!

Kit Merlot
5th March 2004, 18:57
I like this concept! I can totally see Lionel as a vampire :biggrin:

I like the addition of Lillian and Lucas being included as their child is pretty awesome. I'm willing to bet that Lucas sees one picture of Chloe, and he'll want her. Ah yes, TWO Luthor vampires fighting over our CHloe--I LOVE IT!

Of course, this is all just speculation :devil: So, please continue.

PLEASE??

Charmingjen
6th March 2004, 07:17
Wow Fi, this is a great start. I'm very curious and intrigued by the start of it. I'm really looking foward to how this all plays out. I can't wait to see the interaction between Lillian and Chloe. That will be something. Sounds like Lucas has a plan of his own as well.......whoo hoo! Can't wait for an update.

:blinkkiss: Jen

Cartagena
6th March 2004, 21:15
Love of vampires + Love of Chlex = I love this story.

It's so original and very well done so far. Please update soon, thanks.

moultipass1
7th March 2004, 01:34
Love of vampires + Love of Chlex = I love this story
Yep! Exactly!
Love how Lillian hears about Chloe, love Lucas, love Lex, love the story, love everything... :heart:
You know what this means... update! :biggrin:

sara_noele
7th March 2004, 03:05
Its so great to have Lillian in this and Lillian meeting Chloe will be even greater. Can't wait for that. :biggrin:

ruafair
7th March 2004, 18:34
Thanks everyone for the reviews.

I'm going to be using every vampire cliche and sterotype and will probably mutate most of them for my own uses..... :biggrin:

Fiona

Chapter Two – Meetings

“Stop fidgeting,” said Chloe as she adjusted her father’s tie. Gabe sighed deeply and stood still. “Big child,” muttered Chloe, trying to keep the smile off her face.

Gabe heard her and stuck out his bottom lip in a pout. But neither Sullivan could keep up the façade and soon both father and daughter were laughing.

“Thanks sweetie, I needed that,” said Gabe after they had composed themselves and placed a kiss on Chloe’s forehead.

“You will be perfect dad,” she said, “they’ve already given you the job.”

“Yes, but my interview was with representatives from Luthor-Corp,” said Gabe, “today I’m meeting the Luthors themselves.”

“It will be a piece of cake dad,” grinned Chloe, “we are Sullivans, we can handle anything.”

“Well since you put it that way, what have I got to be nervous about,” replied Gabe with a dramatic sigh. “I better get going I don’t want to be late for my first meeting.” He grabbed his jacket and briefcase off the table.

“Good luck dad,” said Chloe giving him a quick hug.

“Thanks sweetie, see you later.”

Chloe sat down at the kitchen table as she heard the front door open and close. “Knock them dead dad,” she said softly.

“Well he’s not going to last long,” commented Lex when the man had left the office.

“Now, now Lex,” said Lionel with a smile, “let’s *not* start picking off the workforce on the first day please.”

“Ok, I’ll wait a week,” replied Lex with a smirk. “So who is left?”

“There is just Gabe Sullivan, the plant manager,” said Lionel, handing a file to his eldest son.

“He comes with some very good references,” commented Lex as he read down through the file. “I think this man will do just fine. Oh it’s just him and his daughter.”

“Yes, very little is said about the wife. I believe his daughter is about seventeen, she attends the local high school.”

“Better keep Lucas away from her then,” said Lex. “Actually where is Lucas?”

“He’s running an errand for me,” said Lionel.

Lex was about to comment when he heard noises outside the office doors. “I believe our new plant manager has arrived.” The door opened and Gabe walked in.

“Mr Sullivan,” said Lionel standing up from behind his desk and extending his hand.

“Mr Luthor,” replied Gabe taking the man’s hand and shaking it.

“And this is my eldest son Lex,” said Lionel by way of introductions.

“Mr Luthor,” said Gabe again holding out his hand.

“Call me Lex,” he said shaking Gabe’s hand. “Please have a seat.”

“Thank you,” said Gabe, sitting down.

“Now Gabe,” began Lionel, taking his seat again, “this is what we have planned for this plant. Feel free to jump in at any stage if you have comments or ideas of your own.”

Gabe nodded and Lionel began speaking, and as he did Gabe felt the nervous tension in his stomach start to disappear.

“Hey Pete, have you seen Chloe?” asked Clark as he made his way over to his friend who was standing at his locker.

“Not since history earlier,” replied Pete, grabbing his book and slamming the locker door shut. “Why?”

“Well I promised I’d hand in my article by the end of the day, but Lana asked me to help out at the Talon, and I couldn’t say no,” replied Clark a little sheepishly.

“I so don’t want to be in your shoes when you tell her,” said Pete with a grin as they made their way down the corridor. “Actually, she’s probably in the Torch office now anyway, maybe you could tell her and then run away quickly…very quickly.”

“Jesus, there are pages and pages and pages on the Luthors and they tell you absolutely nothing,” exclaimed Chloe. All morning, in between classes Chloe had escaped to her office to research the Luthors. And now her desk was filled with papers, printouts from the Internet and magazines, anything she could get her hands on.

“For one of the richest and most well-known families in the world, nobody really knows anything about them,” she said with a sigh. She began tidying up the mess on her desk as she thought out her next plan of action. It wouldn’t do to just ask her dad to ask one of the Luthors for an interview. Anyway she had never gotten someone else to get her an interview before and she wasn’t about to start now. She would wait a while, let them get settled in Smallville, find out what she could from her father and then, then she would approach them about an interview.

‘Surely, they couldn’t turn down a school newspaper,’ she thought. She was interrupted from her musing by the door opening and a nervous looking Clark Kent stepping in.

‘Here we go again,’ she thought. “Just forget about the article Clark,” she said with a sigh, “I’ll use something else.”

“I’m sorry Chlo,” he began, “I will definitely have it for you in the morning, I just…”

”I said forget it Clark,” said Chloe, standing up from her desk, “just forget it.” She grabbed her bag and walked out the door.

“That went well,” commented Pete as he watched Chloe walk down the corridor.

“Yeah, I guess it did,” said Clark, a confused look on his face. ‘This is not good,’ he thought. Over the last few weeks he felt like Chloe was slipping away from him and Pete. Pete had a new girlfriend and Lana was taking up more and more of his time and somehow Chloe seemed to be left behind. But unlike before where she would rant and rave about the article and how he devoted all his time to Lana, now she seemed to accept it. ‘No,’ he thought, ‘Chloe is my friend; we’ll work things out. She just needs time to cool off.’

Lionel sat back and watched as his son and his new plant manager began working through various ideas for increasing productivity. The three-hour meeting had been an eye opener, their representatives had chosen very well in appointing Gabe Sullivan. Lionel liked the man and felt he would be an excellent and loyal worker and someone who could be Lex’s right-hand man at the plant.

“Well I see the two of you have a lot to discuss, so I will take my leave. Gabe it was a pleasure to meet you,” said Lionel getting up from his desk.

“Likewise Mr Luthor,” said Gabe with a smile.

“Son,” he said nodding at his son. ‘I’ll see you at home Lex, we have something to take care of,’ the words echoed in Lex’s mind.

“Father,” replied Lex.

Lionel left the office and Gabe and Lex continued with their discussion.

Chloe managed to avoid having to talk to Clark for the rest of the day and in true Clark Kent fashion he gave up trying to approach her, settling for leaving a note on her computer saying he was sorry.

“Everything will be peachy again tomorrow and once more Chloe will do her impression of a *doormat*,” she muttered as she let herself into her house. “Ok, let’s get homework out of the way and then grill dad about his first day, he should be home soon.”

“Where is he?” asked Lionel as he entered the castle. “Lillian,” he added, kissing his wife’s cheek as she met him.

“Lucas is making sure he’s…settled in,” said Lillian with a smile. “He gave a bit of trouble so Lucas had to knock him out. How was the plant?”

“Fine, Gabe Sullivan is a good man. He and Lex will work well together.”

“Our eldest son working with a human, actually getting on well with him, what will become of us,” sighed Lillian with fake drama.

Lionel chuckled softly, “I’m sure we will survive my darling. As soon as Lex gets home he and Lucas can *talk* with our guest.” ‘Lucas come here.’

Within seconds the youngest Luthor appeared before them. “You summoned,” he said with a grin.

“When Lex gets back the two of you can question our friend,” said Lionel as he took his wife’s hand and they moved towards the stairs.

“Oh and Lucas,” he said turning back to his youngest son, “make sure there is something left to be sent back.”

“Fun and games,” said Lucas rubbing his hands together, “fun and games. Hurry home bro.”

xadie
7th March 2004, 18:48
:hehe" "knock em dead, dad!" If only she knew...

Oh, so intriguing! Who's the 'guest' that they've got locked up? When will Clark learn to get out from under Lana's thumb? I can't wait to find out!

xadie xx

autumngold
7th March 2004, 19:05
What a great update!! :clap: I'm so glad that Chloe isn't going to put up with Clark and all of his excuses in your story!! :glow: I can't wait for Lex and Chloe to meet!! :smut: :biggrin: Please post again soon!! :chlexsign4:

Clannadlvr
7th March 2004, 20:30
“Knock them dead dad,” she said softly.

Umm, shouldn't that be knock them UNDEAD? *grins*

Great job ! this is just such a creative idea...I love it!

Julie
7th March 2004, 20:58
Good update :) I wonder too who that guest is.. hmm...

Not An Addict
7th March 2004, 21:48
Oooooooh! Mystery, intrigue, and TORTURE! Wheeeeeeeeeee! Now I'm all anxious to see who they're questioning, and why. Intriguing setup you have here. Can't wait for the next installment!

katspell
7th March 2004, 21:55
mmmwwwaaaaaa!!!!

This is sooo much fun. EVIL Lex *grin* EVIL Lucas *bigger grin* I can't wait.

sara_noele
8th March 2004, 12:06
Update, update. Fanstastic, as always. So much fun with Chloe throwing words around her, which are so true.

And who is the guest...

sylvia
8th March 2004, 13:02
Update, update. Fanstastic, as always.

Oooooooh! Mystery, intrigue, and TORTURE! Wheeeeeeeeeee!

What they said!

vardaquareien
8th March 2004, 15:29
Originally posted by ruafair@Mar 8 2004, 03:34 AM
“Oh and Lucas,” he said turning back to his youngest son, “make sure there is something left to be sent back.”

“Fun and games,” said Lucas rubbing his hands together, “fun and games. Hurry home bro.”
Fun and Games indeed!!! Hmmm next chapter should be very interesting to see what they're gonna do to the mysterious guest if they have to make sure there's something left to send back!!! Hmmm http://img8.photobucket.com/albums/v28/vardaquareien/Smilies/scratchchin.gif I wonder who it coulde be?

Another great chapter! I love that the Luthor's loved Gabe ~ shows they have impecable taste!!! :biggrin: Can't wait till they meet Chloe!!!

Julie
9th March 2004, 12:39
Hey Fi, sweetie :D Could you possibly send me the entiry story (so far you've posted anyways) to me? Want to send Waru a printed copy ;)

Kit Merlot
9th March 2004, 19:19
I like this! Chloe finally getting tired of Clark's crap-Priceless! Lex instantly liking Gabe--Excellent! It's great that Lex has a good relationship with his future father-in law :biggrin:

Can't wait for next update :chlexsign1:

Lex
26th March 2004, 19:49
Great fic, I love that the Luthors are vampires, interesting idea... As for Lex, well it looks like he's going to get a wake up call when he meets Chloe. Can't wait for more, update soon! :biggrin:

Julie
27th March 2004, 00:56
Originally posted by dreamingincolor@Mar 21 2004, 08:03 PM
okay this is the first time that I've ever put in a reply. I know bad me *smacks hand* Anyways I love this story, but when are chloe and lex going to meet up?Quit keeping me in suspense Errrr!
Welcome welcome ;) Glad you decided to post :)

Fiona, nice chapter, but I agree with the rest, we need some chlex soon. Give us a look, something!

Charmingjen
27th March 2004, 01:28
Lucas stood outside the door of the Talon and peered in through the glass; it didn’t look too busy. He grinned when he saw the ‘all welcome’ sign in the window. ‘Well since you asked so nicely,’ he thought with a grin, ‘don’t mind if I do,’ and he pushed open the door and stepped in.
Oooooo, hehe...yeah Lucas....Wonder what he'll say or do when he feasts his eyes on a certain high school blonde we all know. Ok, ok, so it is a chlex story, but you can have some subliminal messages or thoughts right? ;)

Anyways, great update Fi, keep it up girl!

:heart: Jen

xxasaxx
28th March 2004, 01:38
This needs an UPDATE! I want to find out what happens at the party!!! :chlexsign4:

ruafair
28th March 2004, 17:09
Ok good, you are sticking with this despite the lack of Chlex at the moment. :hug: Anyway on with the next chapter :biggrin:

Fiona
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Five – Chloe Meets a Luthor

‘Good,’ thought Lucas as he scanned the coffee shop, ‘not many mirrors.’ He made his way over to the counter aware that there were a number of eyes following his movements.

“Can I help you?” the woman behind the counter asked, smiling at Lucas.

“You most certainly can…Nell,” he replied looking at her name badge, giving her the full Lucas smile. Inwardly he chuckled as he watched a light blush colour her cheeks. “I would like a double espresso.”

“For here or to take away?” she asked.

“For here.”

Nell turned away to get his order. Lucas turned his back to her and leaned back against the counter as he looked around. His eyes moved over the few couples that were seated at various tables, he recognised some of the girls from the yearbook he had spent the afternoon memorising.

‘Ah young, innocent, and practically virginal high-school girls,’ he thought with a grin, ‘you just got to love them.’

“Your coffee,” a voice sounded behind him.

Lucas turned around and smiled again at Nell. He fished some money out of his pocket and placed it in her hand, allowing his fingers to brush over hers. He barely held in the laugh that threatened to escape, as the older woman’s blush deepened. She muttered ‘ “thanks,” and turned quickly away.

Lucas loved the effect he had on women. Chuckling softly he took his coffee and walked over to a seat in the corner where he could watch what was going on.

Chloe could actually feel her brain losing the will to live as Lana droned on and on about something or other. ‘Could my life *be* any more boring?’ she thought. She was just about to make up some excuse to leave when someone caught her eye.

“Oh hell-o,” she murmured as she watched the very handsome man walk up to the counter. “Oh wow,” she exclaimed after a moment, causing Clark, Pete and Lana to stare at her, “it *is* him.”

She grabbed her bag off the floor and began rummaging through it.

What’s going on Chloe?” asked Lana. Still searching through her bag Chloe lifted her hand and pointed at the counter.

“Oh hell-o,” said Lana, echoing Chloe’s statement when she saw the man her aunt was serving. Chloe looked up and both she and Lana watched as Lucas made his way to a table.

“What’s so special about him?” muttered Clark.

Chloe and Lana dragged their eyes from the handsome man and glared at Clark.

“That’s Lucas Luthor,” said Chloe, trying to keep the excitement out of her voice. “Boy the photographs do him no justice at all.”

“Wow Chloe never knew you’d be so shallow as to be taken in by a pretty rich boy,” said Pete, his tone equal parts serious and humorous.

“Peter Ross, I’m interested in him from a purely journalistic point of view,” said Chloe, “it’s not my fault he’s completely hot,” she added with a grin.

“I’m going to see if he needs a refill,” said Lana and quickly left their table.

Chloe bit back a laugh at the look on Clark’s face as Lana made her way to the counter to get the coffee pot and then make her way over to Lucas’ table.

Lucas smiled as he sipped his coffee. Despite the background noise in the Talon, his hearing still picked up on the conversation that was going on. He watched as the brunette left the table and headed to the counter. ‘Quite pretty,’ he thought, ‘although brunettes are more Lex’s type.’ He placed his cup on the table and fixed his eyes on Lana as she made her way over to him. His smile grew as he watched the blush colour her cheeks.

“Hi,” said Lana, “can I get you a refill?”

“I’m fine with the coffee for the moment,” said Lucas, his voice low, “although there is something you can do for me…I didn’t catch your name.” He already knew her name, as he knew all the names of any girl over sixteen that attended the high school. He began leaning towards her.

“L-L-Lana,” she stammered, getting lost in his eyes and voice.

“Well Lana, I was wondering, if there was any possible chance that you could…” he trailed off.

“That I could what?” she asked, leaning closer.

‘I love doing this,’ thought Lucas. “That maybe Lana you could…introduce me to your blonde friend.”

It took a minute for Lucas’ request to sink in. “Sorry,” she said, “introduce you, to whom?”

“To her,” said Lucas, pointing his finger in Chloe’s direction, although still keeping his eyes on Lana.

Lana managed to drag her gaze from Lucas and looked over to Chloe. “Oh, to Chloe, I see,” she said, her voice tinged with confusion. “I’ll be back.”

Lana walked away and slowly made her way over to where to others were sitting. As she did Lucas leaned back in his seat and laughed softly. He knew from the moment he saw the brunette that she wasn’t the type who got pushed aside for another. And yes Lucas had to agree that she was pretty, but she struck him as vapid. ‘Anyway,’ he thought, ‘blondes do have more fun.’ His gaze focussed on said blonde as Lana reached the table. Tuning out the rest of the conversation he concentrated on what was happening at the other table.

“Well,” said Chloe as Lana came back to the table. “What did he say?”

“That he didn’t want anymore coffee,” replied Lana in a distant voice.

“And it took him all that time just to say that,” commented Clark, glaring over at Lucas.

Chloe glanced over at Lucas to see him staring and smiling at her. She couldn’t help but smile back at him. ‘Damn he is hot,’ she thought.

“He actually, for some reason,” began Lana, “wanted…well wanted to be introduced to *you* Chloe,” she finished with a laugh.

Yes, Chloe was surprised, very surprised, but the little laugh that Lana gave pissed Chloe off. ‘What was so funny about him wanting to be introduced to me?’ she thought, ‘ok it’s weird, like wall of weird, weird, but it’s not funny.’

“Well,” she said, standing, “let’s not keep the man waiting.”

“Chloe, you don’t even know him,” said Pete. “None of us know him.”

“Jeez Pete, I’m just going say hello, and maybe mention an interview,” she replied with a grin, “*not* ask him to be the father of my children. Anyway what do *you* think he’s going to do? I didn’t see you stop Lana going over.”

Lucas shook his head and laughed softly at the way things had gone downhill since Lana went over to the others. ‘I know it’s childish,’ he thought, ‘but I love stirring things up.’

He watched as the tall black-haired boy said something to Chloe, and then she walked away from them and headed towards him.

‘MMMM interesting,’ thought Lucas as she got closer, ‘and much more attractive than her picture.’

“Mr Luthor,” said Chloe when she reached him, and Lucas cocked an eyebrow at her. “Oh please, did you honestly think that I wouldn’t know who you are?”

“Not really,” he replied with a chuckle and indicated to the chair beside him, “please call me Lucas, and you are?” he asked, even though he knew her name and that she was the editor of the school’s newspaper.

“Chloe Sullivan,” said Chloe, taking the seat. “So how are you finding Smallville?”

“Quiet and smelly,” he said, smiling when Chloe laughed.

“Yes, that farm scent can be quite… overpowering,” she replied with a smile. “I’m guessing *you* stay away from the plant as well.” ‘Ok, he’s even sexier close up,’ she thought.

“Very far away, I leave all that to my brother and father. How did you guess?”

“My dad has never mentioned you,” Chloe replied, relaxing a little more. “He’s the plant manager, Gabe Sullivan,” she added when Lucas gave her a confused look.

‘Ah now that I didn’t know,’ he thought. ‘This gets better, dad raves about Gabe Sullivan, and even Lex has praised him, and now I get to meet the daughter.’ “Well Chloe my interests and talents in fertilisers and fertilisation head in a completely different direction,” he smirked.

Even though she tried to prevent it, the blush still flooded her cheeks as the innuendo behind his words hit her. Lucas’ eyes widened as he saw her cheeks redden, he could practically hear the blood rushing through her veins and bit back a groan. ‘I need to feed,’ he thought.

“I’m the editor for the school newspaper,” she said, “maybe I could get an interview Lucas?”

“Maybe,” he replied. “And I’d love to discuss it more with you, but I have to go.”

‘Damn,’ thought Chloe, ‘I asked about the interview too early. Way to scare him off Sullivan.’

“That’s not a flat out *no* Chloe,” said Lucas as he stood up, “it’s a maybe.”

Chloe smiled brightly at him.

‘What a smile,’ thought Lucas. “Chloe, I look forward to meeting with you again,” he took her hand and kissed it gently.

“I look forward to it as well,” murmured Chloe as she watched him leave. When he was completely out of sight Chloe turned back to the others. “Oh great, here comes the third fucking degree,” she muttered as they made their way over to her.

asharnanae
28th March 2004, 17:16
:biggrin: love it, just brilliant! :yay:

Clannadlvr
28th March 2004, 17:43
Good,’ thought Lucas as he scanned the coffee shop, ‘not many mirrors.’

You had me absolutely giggling at this part!

And I love how Chloe's blush makes Lucas want to feed...it's fantastic how you're melding the vampire elements into the story!

more soon please!

newbatgirl
28th March 2004, 18:00
:yay: Fiona's writing an awesome new fic! :yay: Fiona's writing an awesome new fic! :yay:

We must have all been really good to deserve this!!!

Great update. I love it when you use Lucas! He must be so much fun to write, especially his interaction with Chloe!

More soon, please. You continue to rock!

Lex
28th March 2004, 18:32
Oooo... Great chapter, loved how Lucas completely blew Lana off, lol! Still I wait with baited breath for the Chlex interaction... Looks like there could be a bit of a triangle between the Luthor boys, exciting. ;) Plot suggestion: Have Lucas eat Lana?? Anyways I hope you update soon! :biggrin:

autumngold
28th March 2004, 19:25
I can't even begin to tell you how much I loved this update!! The fact that Lucas led Lana on just to get introduced to Chloe!! :biggrin: Priceless!! :applause: I didn't like how Lucas thought Lana was Lex's type though!! :nono: He should give his brother more credit than that!! This story is so great!! Thank you for the new chapter!! :chlexsign3:

Not An Addict
28th March 2004, 20:45
*dies*

*gets up, reads that last bit, dies again*

That was fantastic! Hee. I can just picture it: they're sitting there talking, innuendo is flying, Chloe blushes, and the mood is broken when Lucas' stomach starts rumbling. *snickers* Wonderful. And the way he shut down Lana was just . . . just . . . *happy sigh* Couldn't have been more perfect. Loved, loved, loved it. Now more please!!

Julie
28th March 2004, 20:53
Lol, great, but, WRONG LUTHOR :p

Kendrix03
28th March 2004, 21:30
Lol, great, but, WRONG LUTHOR

I gotta agree. When's the Chlex coming? These Luthor's are much too confident about their sex appeal. I think it's time Chloe introduces them to a new idea: REJECTION. :biggrin:

Charmingjen
28th March 2004, 22:55
OMG. I love it Fi. While I'm a major Chlex shipper, I absolutley love the Clucas backstory here. It suits me just fine ;) Anyways great chapter. I am so in love with this story!

randa
29th March 2004, 01:37
this is an absolutly brilliant story!
I've enjoyed all of it so far and i cant wait for the next installments

randa

Shay
29th March 2004, 02:05
I agree with that too! I adore this story. More soon

Shay

ColumbiaBlue
29th March 2004, 02:56
Yeah, I was thinking something along those lines too... But this chapter was still equally entertaining! More soon!!!

SexInStilettos
29th March 2004, 04:15
oh nice, very nice

gina
29th March 2004, 06:01
Heh, I loved Lucas' brush off of Lana, especially since it amused him so much. And I enjoyed the Chlucas interaction, I'm curious to see where that is going.

Great update! Can't wait for more! :)

sylvia
29th March 2004, 13:11
‘although brunettes are more Lex’s type.’

Not for long, I hope!

Anyway, great update, it really made my day :partyhat: and hope the Chlex doesn't take too long in coming! Oh, and I loved the Lana snub! And wholly agree that Lucas should eat her, or something.

sara_noele
29th March 2004, 15:50
Great update. Have to agree with everyone, wrong luthor. But I trust you, that the right Luthor will makes his moves soon.

Béatrice
29th March 2004, 21:01
Great update!!! :biggrin: I'm glad he prefered Chloe to Blana. Now we know the guy has good taste. However it would have been much better if it could be Lex! :tongue:

These Luthor's are too much confident about their sex appeal. I think it's time Chloe introduces them to a new idea: REJECTION.
I agree with this

hippiez
4th April 2004, 07:45
:yay: YOu update!!! But I still want more!!! And I think everyone here agree with me! Hehe... So update!!!

ruafair
4th April 2004, 16:43
Hey all....yes I know everyone is saying wrong Luthor. But trust me... :devil: Here's the next one for you...Fiona

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Six – The First Signs

The sun was just getting ready to rise and greet Saturday morning as both Luthor brothers entered the castle, both in very different moods. Lucas sported a satisfied grin on his face, while Lex’s face was like thunder. Even though Lucas knew better than to even approach his brother when he was in a mood like this, his natural instinct for stirring things always won over. Planting a smug look on his face he made his way over to his brother.

“Ah poor Lexy, you’re looking a little uptight, didn’t you *get* any last night,” he teased, “Are you feeling all frustrated now?”

“Shut up Lucas,” Lex all but growled at his brother, and walked away from him towards the stairs. He was not in the mood for dealing with anyone at the moment, especially his brother.

But Lucas wasn’t to be deterred. “What’s the matter Lex?” he called after him, “off to *take care* of business yourself. Should I organise clean sheets for you? A lot of clean sheets.”

In less than the blinking of an eye, Lucas found himself pressed up against the wall with a vamped out Lex holding him by the throat. “Don’t push me Lucas,” he snarled, “I am not in the mood for you today.” He slammed his brother harder against the wall. Lucas struggled against Lex but he was too strong for him. Lucas vamped out as well and snarled at his brother.

“What is going on here?” came the very angry sounding voice of Lionel. “Alexander, release your brother…now.” Neither Lex nor Lucas moved. “NOW,” Lionel roared.

Lex let him go, his father’s voice stirring him out of his anger. Both brothers stood side by side and their faces changed back.

“Now, Lex would you care to tell me why you had your brother by the throat?” he asked.

Lex said nothing and refused to meet his father’s eyes.

“Lucas, maybe you’d like to explain,” he turned his attention to his younger son. But once again he was met with silence. All three Luthor men stood there for a while, no one speaking.

“Lucas, your mother wanted to see you as soon as you got back,” said Lionel eventually. “She is in her study. Now Lucas, don’t keep her waiting.”

Lucas stole a glance at his brother before mumbling, “Yes sir,” and heading off in the direction of Lillian’s study.

“Keep going Lucas,” Lionel called out after a while. He bit back a smile as he heard Lucas’ mutterings and then his footsteps continue on their way to the study. When Lionel knew that Lucas was well out of earshot he turned back to Lex.

“I’m still waiting for an explanation as to why you were attacking your brother.”

“It was nothing father,” said Lex, “just Lucas being his normal annoying self.”

“That has never led you to attack him physically before, what did he do or say this time that warranted your anger as such.”

“It was nothing father,” repeated Lex.

‘Tell me Lex,’ Lionel’s voice sounded in his mind, sounding both soothing and concerned.

“Please, can I go?” asked Lex softly.

“We will discuss this later,” said Lionel. “This is not finished.”

Lex nodded at his father and headed up the stairs to his room.

‘Lillian, when you are finished with Lucas, we need to talk,’ Lionel sent to his wife. He threw one glance up the stairs and turned on his heel, heading down the hallway.

“I assume Lucas that you are going to tell me nothing of what transpired between you and Lex in the hallway,” said Lillian.

“I did nothing mother,” said Lucas innocently, a small grin on his face.

“Of course you didn’t. Well on a different matter, what did you get up to last night? I thought I told you and Lex to stay together.”

“I decided I wanted a cup of coffee, Lex didn’t,” said Lucas, “so I got dropped off at the coffee shop in town and Lex went off to wherever he was going.”

“And would this coffee shop be populated by children from the high-school?” asked Lillian with a grin, “particularly teenage, high-school females?”

“There may have been one or two,” muttered Lucas.

Lillian shook her head and smiled fondly at her son, “oh Lucas, will you ever learn?”

“I didn’t do anything,” exclaimed Lucas. “I went in got a cup of coffee and maybe *talked* to a couple of people…well girls. But that was it mother, I promise. Actually you may be interested in one of the girls I talked to.”

“And why would that be?”

“She’s the editor of that high-school paper, the Torch that you’ve been reading. And did you know that it’s her father who is the plant manager.”

“Interesting,” smiled Lillian, “what is she like?”

“Petite, blonde, attractive, beautiful smile, creamy skin…” Lucas trailed off with a smile.

“Lucas.”

He flashed a sheepish grin at his mother, “she is very nice mother,” he said, “in fact we had barely met and she was asking for an interview.”

“Tenacious,” murmured Lillian. “Her articles are…interesting to say the least, many strange things seem to happen in the town. Did you notice anything…unusual while you were there, or was attention focussed on most pleasant things?”

Lucas said nothing, and Lillian had her answer. “Get some rest,” she said, “your father wishes to speak with me.”

Lucas kissed his mother’s cheek and left the room.

“Damn, damn, damn,” muttered Lex as he threw himself onto his bed. He hadn’t meant to lose control like that with his brother. Lucas constantly teased him and as his father had said Lex had never physically attacked his brother. Visions of the previous night flooded his mind and Lex buried his head further into the pillow.

“And it had all started out so well,” he muttered. And it had, the limo had taken him to Metropolis, and Lex had headed to one of his favourite clubs there. He had met up with others of his kind and the night really began. Things really picked up when he spied a very attractive brunette staring at him and it wasn’t long before he had her in his lap, kissing him like there was no tomorrow.

She had been more than willing when he had suggested they head somewhere more private. They made their way upstairs in the club to the various rooms that were there. Lex set about satisfying his need for sex and everything was just perfect.

Lex felt his vampire visage appear and he sat up in his bed. Never once, with all the women he had fucked over the decades had he ever felt the need to bite one as he came. But that’s what had happened; just as he reached his climax he vamped out and almost buried his fangs in her jugular. Luckily the woman was in the throes of passion and her eyes were closed and she didn’t see his face.

He kicked her out of the room the moment he was finished with her. His demon was screaming at him and Lex tore the room apart in a bid to get himself under control. Even now, back at home his demon was still slightly agitated. ‘What the fuck is going on?’ he thought. He took some unneeded deep breaths and he face shifted back. He eyes felt heavy and Lex soon fell asleep.

“Did Lex tell you anything?" asked Lillian after she had finished telling Lionel what Lucas had been up to.

“No,” replied Lionel, “but Malcolm from the club called and said Lex completely destroyed the room. And some girl left, pissed off at the way she had been treated.”

“Did he hurt her?”

“No he didn’t, just kicked her out when he was finished.”

“This is not like Lex, he’s the one usually in complete control,” said a worried Lillian.

“Face it my dear,” grinned Lionel, “our little boy is growing up. I’m sure you know what is happening to him.”

“I know, I just hoped it wouldn’t happen for a few more decades, out of the two of them Lex is the one far less ready for this,” sighed Lillian.

“He’s a Luthor my love, he’ll get through it.”

“And I bet Lionel you can’t wait to *talk* to him when the moment arrives,” she grinned, wrapping her arms around her husband’s neck.

“From the moment my father gave it to me I have been waiting to deliver the same embarrassment,” he grinned, resting his hands on her waist, “and that desire only grew when we had sons.”

Lillian laughed softly and brushed her lips over his. ‘Poor Lex,’ she thought, ‘for what’s happening and for what Lionel will put him through.’ But she soon forgot about Lex and everything else as Lionel began moving his lips over her neck.

“Bad reporter,” muttered Chloe to herself as she pored over the papers spread over her bed. When she had heard about the Luthors coming to Smallville she had mainly focussed her attention on Lionel and Lex Luthor as they were the ones most people talked about. She had skimmed over Lucas and Lillian, but since her meeting with the youngest Luthor in the Talon Chloe had found herself researching him a bit more.

“All of them should have been given equal study,” she said. “And judging by these reports, Lucas seems to be the easiest to approach.”

“Chloe,” her dad’s voice sounded from downstairs, “Lana is here to see you. Shall I send her up?”

“No,” she muttered as she stuffed the papers into her bag. “Sure dad, send her up,” she shouted down. “Bang goes my research for the time being, Lana will want to talk about meeting Lucas yesterday.”

Pushing the bag under her bed, Chloe plastered what she hoped was a believable smile on her face and waited for Lana.

Maha
4th April 2004, 17:55
You updated !!!!!!!!! :worship2:

I so love the story. Keep up your good work.

And a little bit Chlucas before the Chlex is always appreciated.

Hugs

asharnanae
4th April 2004, 18:37
:biggrin: that was just fantastic, but whats all this with lex??? ohhhhh, update soonnnnn!!! :yay: :worship2:

Clannadlvr
4th April 2004, 19:49
Hmmm....VERY interesting. I know you're taking various bits of vampire lore and adjusting it for your story, so I'm trying to get a handle on this change that lex seems to be going through. But I'm still stumped...and very intrigued!!

Please update soon!!

Not An Addict
4th April 2004, 19:53
Hee! Love it. ^_^ I have a pretty good idea what's going on with Lex, and if it's what I think it is, this will prove to be VERY entertaining. Can't wait for more!

SexInStilettos
4th April 2004, 22:12
oh i so want more

Kit Merlot
5th April 2004, 17:59
Fiona,

This is wonderful! I like the slow build up--it adds suspense :biggrin:

I am actually looking forward to Chloe and Lillian meeting. You know she is going to think that CHloe is perfect for....LEX!

WELL DONE!

Lex
5th April 2004, 18:09
Great chapter! I enjoyed Lex flipping out on Lucas, it was very... entertaining. :devil: Anyways I can't wait to see more of this - update soon! ;)

Charmingjen
5th April 2004, 19:08
Oooo this is getting very interesting. I loved your update! Now I'm just curious as to what is going on with Lex!

Thessaly
5th April 2004, 21:04
Hurrah! You updated!

And I have a sneaky feeling I know what's going on with Lex. But of course, he couldn't have bitten the skanky brunette. That would be wrong. No, this is an evil, gorgeous vampire that's saving himself for that certain, special someone. Thank God (or the deity of your preference).

Also can't wait for the father-son talk...

Lionel: You see, son, when you reach a certain age, your body goes through changes. You may find hair growing in places where there wasn't any hair before...

Lex: What? My head?

Lionel: Erm, no. Other places. And you may have an uncontrollable desire to mate with the plant manager's daughter.

Lex: Look, I've told you before, there is no woman, witch, mortal or vampire that will ever...

Chloe: Hi! I suppose a good, hard interview's out of the question?

Lex: Dammit!

Ooh, yeah. I love your fic.

Thessaly*doing the chair dance of joy*

flower
5th April 2004, 21:12
Originally posted by Thessaly@Apr 5 2004, 08:04 PM
Also can't wait for the father-son talk...

Lionel: You see, son, when you reach a certain age, your body goes through changes. You may find hair growing in places where there wasn't any hair before...

Lex: What? My head?

Lionel: Erm, no. Other places. And you may have an uncontrollable desire to mate with the plant manager's daughter.

Lex: Look, I've told you before, there is no woman, witch, mortal or vampire that will ever...

Chloe: Hi! I suppose a good, hard interview's out of the question?

Lex: Dammit!

:biggrin:
*Points at the quote*
I love that!

And....
YEAH! You updated!
Where is my next part? *Cheeky smile*
Sorry, I'm very inpatient time to time...

Great update and can't wait for more
*Hint-Hint*
Lol

:devil:
F

scorpio
5th April 2004, 21:37
Loved the update, Fi. :)

I know this is going to sound greedy but I don´t care: I want more :chlexsign1:. I´m sooo curious about what´s going to happen.Hehe. :biggrin:

ColumbiaBlue
5th April 2004, 21:37
whats all this with lex???
You know, I was thinking the same thing. Somebody's got HIS panties in a twist. Yipes-o-cripes.

Anyhoo, loved the update! More soon!

scifichick774
5th April 2004, 22:49
*snicker*

Poor Lex. I almost feel bad for him. Almost being the key word of course.

And the Chlucas - hot! Love that Lucas dismissed Lana so quickly and knew he was going to be stirring things up.

More soon please.

TheDragonLady
6th April 2004, 01:01
Lex just needs some sexual healin'.

Its good for him.

I LURV THIS!

AND I NEED AN UPDATE!

Shay
6th April 2004, 01:49
Lex just needs some sexual healin'.

Its good for him.

Yeah, from a certain blonde reporter.

I was so glad that Lex did not bite that....woman (she says with distaste). And I hope that Lucas realizes that Lex and Chloe are destined to be together when he see's them together. I love this story.

More when you get a chance.

Shay

sara_noele
6th April 2004, 17:01
Loved the update!

Liked the little "fight" between Lucas and Lex. Very intersting.

Waiting for the next chapter.

katspell
6th April 2004, 17:48
*snicker* *giggle* *snicker*
Bad Lana, intrepid reporters need their space.

Impress
6th April 2004, 22:50
Oh I so can't wait for the Lionel/Lex talk.

great as always. more soon.

vardaquareien
8th April 2004, 16:49
Hmm what is it about two hunky sexy undead billionnaire's fighting that is such a turn on? ...or is it just me? :blush: Great update. Can't wait to see what's onna happen with Lex!

Blaire023
8th April 2004, 19:30
Okay, I'm all caught up now. I think...*looks over the last seven pages*

Yep, I sure am. Now, what is this little father son chit chat going to be about? Is Lex finally hitting puberty?

~B

dsapiro
9th April 2004, 03:49
Ok, Fi, well I'm all caught up with it now, so you can go ahead and post more :biggrin: :blinkkiss:

I really like it so far. I love the way you write the charechters and can't wait to see how Lex and Chloe finnally meet.

Julie
10th April 2004, 05:49
Oh come on!!! Talk about torturing people!!! :p

ruafair
10th April 2004, 16:45
Hi all, again thanks for continued support with this. As always big thanks to Imp and Hope :biggrin: . Ok, on with the next chapter...........Fiona

Chapter Seven – Bad News

Almost a week had passed and there had been no repeat of Lex’s outburst against Lucas or what occurred at the club in Metropolis. In fact Lex was acting like his usual self and refusing to discuss the matter. As a result neither incidents were mentioned. But Lionel and Lillian were keeping a very close eye on their eldest son and had instructed the staff to tell them if they noticed or heard anything. Though it was difficult, the elder Luthors knew they couldn’t force Lex to tell them what happened. The laws of their kind clearly stated that in this particular situation, the child must approach them. Until that happened, all they could do was sit back and wait.

In the midst of all this Lillian began planning her dinner party. She completely ignored her husband and eldest son as they voiced their concerns about throwing a party this early into their time in a new place. Lucas as always sided with his mother, although pissing off his brother was also a motivator to push for the party.

In fact Lucas already had a pretty good idea of whom he was going to ask. He would give Chloe Sullivan her little interview and she would accompany him to the party.

“Mr Luthor, Mr Luthor,” Gabe called a second time. When there was still no answer, he called, “Lex.”

“What? Who?” Lex replied in a slightly dazed fashion. He blinked a couple of times and saw a concerned looking Gabe Sullivan staring at him.

“Are you ok Lex?” asked Gabe, “you seemed a little out of it there.”

‘Damn,’ thought Lex, mentally shaking his head. Since the ‘incident’ over the weekend he found his concentration wavering as he tried to figure out what had happened that night. He kept going over and over it, trying to see if he could pinpoint an exact moment where things seemed to have changed. Inwardly composing himself he gave his plant manager a small smile, “I’m fine Gabe,” he said, “let’s get back to these figures.”

Gabe shook his head and returned to the spreadsheets in front of him. Although he hadn’t been working with Lex that long, he did know that the younger man wasn’t very forward in conversations that weren’t work related. That didn’t really bother Gabe, he liked his boss but he did think the young man needed to lighten up a little. Gabe found him a little too serious for someone his age.

“Gabe, Gabe,” he heard his name being called. He looked up from the table to see Lex looking at him with a small smirk on his face. “It must be catching,” said Lex, his smirk growing into a smile at the other man’s embarrassment.

“Sorry,” muttered Gabe and quickly returned his attention back to the work in hand.

“That HALF-BREED bastard,” Lionel’s voice thundered through the entire castle. “I’ll have his head mounted on a spike.”

“What has happened? Who has done what?” asked Lucas, entering his father’s study, closely followed by Lillian.

He took a step back when he saw the look on father’s face. The last time he had seen Lionel so angry was almost a hundred years ago when a vampire hunter had tortured and killed a *very* close friend of Lionel’s. He was another vampire from one of the old families who had supported Lionel during the family wars over five hundred years ago. Lionel had torn apart Paris till he found the hunter and then over a period of 5 days tortured the man before killing him. And Lucas could still picture the vampire hunter’s head mounted on a spike outside the chateaux they had been living in at the time.

“What’s wrong my love?” asked Lillian softly as she moved closer to her husband.

Lionel clenched his hands into fists and slammed them down onto the table, causing the wood to crack and break. He closed his eyes and took a couple of unneeded deep breaths, inwardly cursing his lack of control. Thankfully only his wife and son witnessed it. “Marcus,” he began, “Marcus is dead, his body left to burn. His son and daughter are missing and their home completely ransacked.”

“Oh my,” gasped Lillian, her hand covering her mouth, “not Marcus.”

“Are you sure it was Dominic?” asked Lucas.

“If you can’t ask an intelligent question I suggest you leave,” snapped Lionel at him, “who else could it be?”

“Sorry sir,” muttered Lucas, bowing his head slightly.

“Call Lex,” he said to his wife, “I can’t concentrate at the moment.”

Lillian closed her eyes and composed herself, ‘Lex, you are needed here *immediately*.’

‘I’m on my way mother,’ came Lex’s reply seconds later.

“Lucas, fix your father a drink,” she moved around he remnants of the table. Lionel reached out and grabbed his wife’s hand, “Marcus was like a brother,” he said.

“I know my love.”

Lucas busied himself pouring his father a large scotch, his picked up the small knife on the tray and ran it across his wrist, shivering slightly at the pain. He allowed some of his blood to flow into the glass and mixed it with the alcohol. The wound of his wrist healed almost instantaneously.

“Here father,” he hurried over to him, holding out the glass.

Lionel took the glass quickly and knocked it back, drinking it all immediately. He closed his eyes as he let the alcohol and his son’s blood flow down his throat, soothing him. “Thank you Lucas,” he whispered.

“Tell us what happened Lionel?”

“In a moment, wait till Lex gets here,” he replied, “He’s close.”

The blood red Ferrari tore out of the Luthor-Corp plant’s underground garage, it’s black windows covering up the fully vamped-out visage of Lex Luthor as he practically flew along the roads of Smallville.

He and Gabe were just finishing up their meeting when his mother’s call came though. And even though her voice sounded calm enough, Lex had detected a note of worry and urgency in it. His demon had roared that something was wrong and he muttered to Gabe that there was another meeting he needed to get too and left his office quickly before the other man had a chance to respond.

“I hate this fucking town,” he muttered as he willed his vampire face away. “Things have been going crazy from the moment we arrived here. We never should have come.”

In the distance he spotted a red Volkswagen convertible Beetle. He pressed his foot harder onto the accelerator and watched as the needle on the speedometer passed the 150mph mark.

“Holy shit,” cried Chloe as she suddenly saw the Ferrari on her tail. “Keep your fucking hair on,” she muttered as the driver began beeping his horn to get passed her. “Screw this,” Chloe purposely began slowing down, on this stretch of road there wasn’t enough room to pass unless she moved over closer to the side. “And if Mr Boy Racer doesn’t relax it will be a while before I move.”

“Stupid bitch,” growled Lex, “move your fucking car before I knock you off the road.” He was right on the convertible’s tail, he sounded the car’s horn, and keeping his hand on it so the noise lasted.

Chloe slowed down even more and Lex almost ran into the back of her.

‘I am a fucking master vampire, get out of my way,’ Lex wanted to shout at her. He looked further on down the road and spotted a break in the fences that lined both sides the road. “Perfect.” He hit the break and watched as the beetle grew further away.

“What’s he up to now?” muttered Chloe.

Lex put the car in gear, revved the engine and slammed on the accelerator.

“Fuck,” screamed Chloe as she saw the car approaching. She slammed on the breaks as the Ferrari came up along side her and passed her via the gap on the fence.

If Chloe could have seen though the blackened window she would have been greeted with a very smug looking Lex Luthor.

“Bastard,” she screamed after him. Taking a few minutes to compose herself, she then continued down the road. “Stupid men having to prove their stupid manhood by driving stupid fast cars,” she muttered to herself as she drove along. “Bet he’s lacking in the department that matters and needs that car to make him feel like a man.”

By the time she had reached the Kent farm Chloe was wishing untold amounts of pain and torture on the unknown driver of the Ferrari.

Lex hurried into the castle and made his way to the study where the others were, the blonde in the convertible already forgotten.

hfce
10th April 2004, 18:09
They so want eachother. More :blinkkiss:

Hope :)

moultipass1
10th April 2004, 20:08
“Stupid men having to prove their stupid manhood by driving stupid fast cars,” she muttered to herself as she drove along. “Bet he’s lacking in the department that matters and needs that car to make him feel like a man.”
LMAO!

newbatgirl
10th April 2004, 20:17
I am a fucking master vampire, get out of my way.

Now THAT needs to go on a T-Shirt!

Great update. Fi. Can't wait for them to meet!

Clannadlvr
10th April 2004, 20:33
Ohhhh...NBG I want a t shirt that says that too!

*dances*

Love the blood red car...

More soon please!

Julie
10th April 2004, 21:15
lol, I agree with Hope :p

They so want eachother.

Not An Addict
10th April 2004, 21:18
Hee! Oh, I REALLY can't wait until they actually meet. It definitely ought to be . . . interesting. *purrrrrrrrrrs* Hee hee hee hee. More please! I need Lex to figure out why he almost bit that brunette floozie in Metro.

scifichick774
10th April 2004, 21:28
*snicker*

Okay, it sucks that Lionel's friend was killed. Dominic needs to be taken down. But...how cute was the car scene? Chloe slowing down just to piss him off. Hee hee.

Charmingjen
10th April 2004, 22:37
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... I loved it. Great update as usual Fi. Keep up the great writing. I am so in love with this story. I will sit here patiently waiting for more ;)

Jen

kirt30
10th April 2004, 23:20
:sunny: good update but come on when are chlex going to get together :rage:

autumngold
11th April 2004, 00:31
Hopefully when Lex and Chloe finally meet he won't torture her when he finds she drives the red VW!! I so enjoyed reading your last two chapters!! I can't wait to find out what is going to happen in the battle between the Luthors and Dominic, and what will happen when Lex and Chloe meet!! Can't wait for more!! :chlexsign4:

gina
11th April 2004, 01:07
Heh, I can't wait for them to meet and each find out who was driving the other car.

I'm loving this fic, please update soon! :)

scorpio
11th April 2004, 13:33
LOL
Great first 'interaction' between Chlex. :biggrin:
As always wonderful update, Fi. :yay2:
But what is going on with Lex? Is he going trough some sort of weird Vampire puberty? ;) Well, I guess you´ll let us in on this secret...some day.

Stef

katspell
11th April 2004, 17:25
Lex hurried into the castle and made his way to the study where the others were, the blonde in the convertible already forgotten.

Oh yeah he might have forgotten, but has Chloe? oh no, I forsee some digging around in DMV files and then one pissed off reporter. Maybe a headline 'Boy billionaire compensates for other lacks' Go Chloe!!!

gumballtiger
11th April 2004, 23:23
More writing is required for you to see your next birthday...

Thessaly
12th April 2004, 02:45
Keep your fucking hair on!"

Hehehehe. It's funny because it's true.

Stupid master vampires. If they had any sense at all, they'd track down the quirky, intelligent women as soon as they hit a town and keep them in a carnally dazed and blissful state. And they wouldn't slap me with a restraining order just because I want to stroke them while they sleep. Bloody James Marsters.

Thessaly *rattling for her next Sanguis fix*

sylvia
12th April 2004, 16:24

I completely agree!

Anyway, to move on to the review proper. The plot is suspenseful and intriguing, and damn I love the vampire elements. One thing you're doing especially well is building up the dark atmosphere of the world the Luthors operate in, and the ruthlessness of their reign. All that power *shudder* is so deadly attractive. Awesome work =)

Impress
12th April 2004, 22:06

hmmm, *ponders money making possibilities*

good. good. good.

Lex
13th April 2004, 13:11
:yay: Heh heh... Stressed Lex equals sexy Lex... Loved the car scene I can just picture Chloe saying that and Lex's "I am a fucking master vampire, get out of my way," was hilarious, lol! Anyway great chapter and I can't wait for more! :biggrin:

ruafair
17th April 2004, 16:52
A big thank you to all for being so patient with the No-Chlex so far. It's on it's way.... although not in this chapter...LOL..... Anyway hope you enjoy.

Fiona

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Eight – Aftermath

“What a day,” exclaimed Lucas. “You know part of me really wishes we conformed to just one of the vampire stereotypes.”

“Ok, Lucas Luthor using words like, ‘conformed’ and ‘stereotypes’ in the same sentence could be a harbinger of the world about to end,” replied Lex with a smirk.

“Ha. Ha. Very fucking funny Lex. If you’re not going to take me seriously I won’t tell you what *stereotype* I’m talking about.”

“I apologise Lucas,” Lex replied sarcastically, a smile on his face. “Please, do continue.”

“I wish we slept all day and only came out at night,” he said, “things would be much simpler if we only had the night to worry about.”

“I agree,” said Lex, “although telling these *writers* of vampire stories that we don’t actually need very much sleep, thus fucking up centuries of literature, would be fun.”

“Hey Lex, feel like hitting the clubs tonight?” asked Lucas, “a night of debauchery might just be what we need. In fact the more I think about it the more I think it’s a great idea. Come on Lex, think of all those hot gyrating bodies just waiting to be taken.” Lucas could feel his demon purring with delight at the idea.

“No,” said Lex, ignoring the shouting of his own demon.

“Come on Lex,” Lucas tried again, “you know we have fun when we hit the clubs.”

“I said *no* Lucas, I’m not in the mood.”

Lucas was about to comment when Lillian entered the room.

“Your father has just left for England, and he’s going alone,” she added when both sons were about to speak. “He’s going to meet with the leading European families to see what’s to be done with Dominic, and if there is anything they can do to get Marcus’ children back.”

“I’d say they have met the same fate as their father,” murmured Lucas.

“I don’t know,” replied Lex, “if Dominic wants to muscle in on Marcus’ empire, he would need Sophie and Martin to gain control. And I don’t see either of them giving him that willingly.”

“So what? He’ll torture it out of them.”

“Probably,” said Lillian. “Oh those poor children, I don’t know what I’d do if that happened to either of you.”

“Mother,” exclaimed Lex getting up and taking her in his arms. “Don’t think such things. Nothing is going to happen to Lucas or myself, Dominic will be taken care of.”

“I want the two of you to *promise* me you won’t go off to try and take care of this yourselves,” said Lillian.

Lex and Lucas shared a look before both answered, “we promise,” to their mother.

“I mean it you two, I don’t want to make you swear a blood promise, I’d like to think I can take you at your word.”

“We promise,” repeated Lex, “you have our word mother.”

“Thank you,” she said with a smile. “Now for brighter things, will either of you be bringing anyone to the dinner party?”

“You don’t mean to say that it’s still going ahead?” asked Lex.

“And why wouldn’t it?”

“I’ve got to agree with Lex on this one mom,” said Lucas, “with everything that’s going on at the moment, it might be better to cancel it for a while, I mean it’s only a dinner party and we haven’t even invited anyone yet.”

“It will *not* be cancelled,” stated Lillian, her tone indicating that arguing with her would be futile. “Now, back to my original question, will either of you be bringing anyone to the dinner party?”

“I have someone in mind,” said Lucas, “I just have to ask her,” he added with a grin.

“Excellent, and try not to hypnotise her to come with you this time, if for some insane reason she turns you down,” replied Lillian with a smile. “And what about you Lex?”

“No,” he said.

“No you’re not bringing anyone, or no to something else?”

“I won’t be going, so it’s no to bringing someone,” Lex replied, his voice carrying the same no-argument tone Lillian had used earlier.

“Alexander Joseph Luthor, I don’t care what your problem with this party is but you *will* be there, and you will at least act like you are enjoying yourself. And if that’s a grin I see appearing on your face Lucas there will be hell to pay.”

With that, Lillian turned on her heel and left the room, not waiting for their answers or comments.

“Well done Lex, way to piss her off,” sighed Lucas. “I need to get out of here for a while,” he said as he left the room.

Lex said nothing; just stood staring at the door they had left through, the muscles in his jaw tightening.

“MMM what’s this,” murmured Chloe as she sipped her coffee. ‘Prominent Business Man Murdered. His Two Children Missing.’ She placed her cup on the table and held the Daily Planet with both hands as she read the lead story.

{Prominent Business Man Marcus DeToit was murdered earlier today in Bordeaux. Police rushed to the scene to find Mr DeToit’s chateaux in flames, the bodies of the man himself and six members of his staff were found burning inside. Mr DeToit (58) was the richest man in France and had just signed a multi-billion dollar contract with an unknown company in America. The DeToits have been living in the Bordeaux region for centuries and the area has prospered because of them. As yet no motive has been discovered but with Sophie and Martin DeToit missing, the local police chief believes it may point at kidnapping. They wait for word on their safety and quite possibly a ransom note.}

“Now where have I seen that name before,” muttered Chloe, “it was recent too.” She grabbed her bag from the floor and pulled out the file she had built up on the Luthors. “And if it’s recent it will be connected to our very own billionaires,” she flicked through the pages. “Ah yes, there you are,” she pulled out a newspaper clipping and a photograph. [Old friends, Lionel Luthor and Marcus DeToit pictured at the opening of the new Luthor donated wing of the Metropolis Museum of Art], the caption read.

“Jeez, first some Luthor-Corp plants get attacked and now a close friend murdered, I don’t think moving to Smallville was your best idea Mr Luthor,” she said with a small laugh as she put the papers back into her bag. “Although I doubt my dad would agree with me.”

“Talking to yourself Chlo,” said a voice behind her. Chloe turned in her chair to see a grinning Clark looking down at her.

‘Let’s see what he’s after this time,’ Chloe thought. “Well Clark there hasn’t really been anyone around lately to talk too,” she replied tersely. “Unless they’re looking for something.”

Clark chose not to comment on what she said and took seat opposite her. “So what are you up to?” he asked, looking at the newspaper in front of her. “A murder in France, isn’t that a little off the track for you,” he grinned after skimming through the article she was reading.

Chloe rolled her eyes, “actually it’s *not* off the track for me Clark I’ve a flight booked to France in the morning.”

“Ah please don’t say you’re leaving Miss Sullivan,” the deep voice belonging to Lucas Luthor sounded. He rounded the table and took the second spare seat.

“Why? Would you miss me Mr Luthor?" quipped Chloe back. ‘And you started flirting with guys you’ve met only once when Chloe?’ she asked herself.

“You’re all I’ve thought of since we first met,” he said, giving her a wink.

“Hi, I don’t think we’ve met, I’m Clark Kent,” interrupted Clark holding out his hand.

“Lucas Luthor,” he replied, taking his hand and shaking it. ‘Now what have we here,’ thought Lucas, as a strange scent hit him, ‘what are you Mr Kent? Not entirely human, but what? You don’t *smell* like a demon.’

“I didn’t realise I was interrupting something,” said Lucas, letting go of Clark’s hand and turning his attention back to Chloe.

“Oh don’t worry, you’re not,” she replied before Clark could say anything.

“I see. So are you really going to France in the morning?”

“Of course not, Clark and I were just looking at the headline in the Daily Planet about the murder of that business man. Did you know him at all?”

“He was a family friend,” said Lucas softly.

“Don’t Chloe,” warned Clark.

“Don’t what Clark?” she snapped at him. “Because I seriously doubt you thought I was going to go all reporter and ask a load of questions. Because I seriously doubt you’d even think I’d be that insensitive.”

Clark remained silent, and Lucas bit back a grin. ‘That’s a fiery temper you’ve got there Chloe,’ he thought, ‘Damn I love that in a woman.’

“Well Clark.”

“I didn’t mean anything by it,” he muttered. “Oh look there’s Lana I need to tell her something,” he added in a relieved tone. He quickly made his goodbyes and left the table.

“Sorry about that,” a sheepish Chloe said. “I wasn’t going to pry, I mean I still want an interview, but not about the murder.” ‘Not immediately anyway,’ she added silently.

“Ok Chloe, let’s organise an interview. Give me a few days, I want to wait till things settle down at home.”

Really?” asked Chloe, her voice excited, “you mean it?”

“Yes I mean it. I will contact you over the next few days to arrange the time and place.”

Oh thank you,” she gasped, her mind already going through the questions she would ask.

Lucas sat backing his chair and smiled at her reaction. ‘At last,’ he thought, ‘a little fun in this town.’

katspell
17th April 2004, 17:17
Hands off Lucas, she is going to be Lexie's

Total love going on over here. Thanks so much for the update. Love Lillian laying the smackdown on the boys.

Just for the record I can be patient for plot bunnies....

Blackberry
17th April 2004, 17:19
Damn i'm loving this... vampires.. mwhaha...

Lucas is so cool too.... him and Lex together are so cute!!

autumngold
17th April 2004, 18:24
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the update!! I loved Chloe's reaction to Clark!! I so wish she would do that on "Smallville"!! The Chloe/Lucas flirtation is fun, but I still can't wait for her and Lex to meet!! Will sparks fly?!! This is such an excellent story!! Thank you for writing!! :chlexsign4:

asharnanae
17th April 2004, 20:07
:biggrin: yeah!! now thats what I'ma talking about, fantastic chappy, but hmm, chlucus, not so good!! Bring on the chlex! :yay: :worship2:

Not An Addict
17th April 2004, 20:09
Oh yes, Chloe. You shall have your interview. And then . . . then you shall become a creature . . . OF THE NIGHT!!! *thunderclap* Bwah-hah-hah-hah!

*looks around*

Erm . . . sorry. This fic just kinda brings it out of me. Great update! That'll teach Clark to be an idiotic inhuman sanctimonious walking advertisement for flannel. Can't wait to see the interview. Or even, perhaps, the . . . "interview". ^_~ More please!

Clannadlvr
17th April 2004, 20:12
I love Lillian. Have I mentioned that yet?

I probably have a million times...but I LOVE Lillian.

Please write more!!!

(And...I can't wait until Lucas walks in with Chloe at the party. *dances*)

TheDragonLady
17th April 2004, 21:25
Lucas is a bad, bad boy. He should be chained up... In my room... :huh:

More, please!

scifichick774
17th April 2004, 21:26
*happy sigh* I adore Lucas. I really do. :wub:

celticangel
17th April 2004, 22:37
I love this story. I can't wait for Chloe and Lex to meet in person. :worship2: :worship2:

kirt30
18th April 2004, 00:31
i want chlex

Blaire023
18th April 2004, 07:41
Poor Lucas. Once she gets a load of the big bro, she's going to salivate and slobber.

Or are they the same thing?

*shrugs*

~B

Lex
18th April 2004, 13:44
:yay: Excellent chapter! I love how you've done Lucas, very funny. Still once Chloe meets Lex he may have to redirect his sights - lol! I hope you update soon!

scorpio
18th April 2004, 23:25
:yay: Thanks a lot for the update,Fi.
Poor Lex;), he won´t know what hit him once he meets Chloe at the party. :biggrin: Hope there´s gonna be some verbal judo in the next part(s)... *hint,hint*
Anyway, keep us updated. :worship2:

Calliope
19th April 2004, 02:07
I'm adoring this fic! :wub: Need more updates. I want Chloe and Lex to meet and watch the sparks fly. :yay:

tiff
23rd April 2004, 10:49
i'm all caught up...so you can update now! meanwhile, i'm hunting my own kinda bloodsucker, the dreaded mosquito. mm what's hotter than lex? lex as a vampire, a master vampire muahahah...i'm okay. love the fic!

Shay
24th April 2004, 05:17
Oh how I've missed this story. I can't wait for Lex to find out that the woman in the red beetle is Gabe's daughter. Their first meeting is going to be explosive.

We need an update
Shay

ruafair
24th April 2004, 17:09
Thank you everyone for the kind words...... And their first meeting is REAL soon.......... Fiona

---------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Nine – Talks

Lex had kept himself out of the way of his mother since their *discussion* about the dinner party and had pretty much camped out at the Luthor-Corp plant. Lucas had to laugh at Lex’s completely futile attempts. He remembered about seventy years ago his mother and brother getting into an argument and Lex storming off saying he’d never be back and that they’d never find him. They had been living in Rome at the time and Lex had escaped, as he called it, to Spain. Within a few days Lillian had summoned him back to Rome telling him there was nowhere in the world he could go where she or their father couldn’t find them.

“So hiding a few miles away is pretty pathetic Lex,” he murmured with a grin as he made his way to his mother’s study. Lucas wanted to talk to his brother about his brief meeting with Clark Kent at the Talon. There was something unnerving about the boy. He was definitely not human or demon but Lucas couldn’t figure out exactly what he was and needed Lex’s help.

When he entered the room his mother was seated at her desk, a mountain of newspapers in front of her.

“A little light reading mother,” he joked.

“She’s quite a good writer,” Lillian replied, looking up and facing her son, “and this town has some very weird goings on.

“Who is?” asked Lucas. ‘And you have no idea how weird mother,’ he added silently thinking about Clark Kent.

“Chloe Sullivan. So when is the interview?” she added with an almost patented Luthor smirk.

“How did you know about that?” exclaimed Lucas, even though he tried to curb his amazement.

“Lucas you are my son, do you honestly think I don’t know what is going on in your and Lex’s lives. Now I don’t pry,” she continued holding up her hand when he was about to speak, although her eyes contained a hint of mischief. “But if I want to know something about either of you, I can very easily find it out.”

“How?”

“I’m afraid I can’t tell you that,” she grinned, “it’s a mother’s prerogative to know all about her children. Anyway I’d never be able to shock or amaze either of you again if I told you.”

Lucas just shook his head and smiled at his mother. “Well in answer to your original question, I did promise Miss Sullivan an interview, I just…” he trailed off as the door opened and Lex walked in.

“Who’s being interviewed?” he asked.

“I am,” smirked Lucas.

“Luthors don’t give interviews,” retorted Lex.

Lucas rolled his eyes at his brother, “it is for the local high-school’s newspaper Lex, it’s not like it’s the Daily Planet or anything.”

“That makes no difference, *we* don’t give interviews.”

“Jeez Lex, get off your high horse, the reporter is a teenage girl, how thought-provoking could her questions be?”

“Stop it the pair of you,” snapped Lillian, “you two have done nothing but snipe at each other since we got here. For goodness sake act your age.” She took a deep unneeded breath and continued, “Lex, I don’t care what you have to do but you snap out of that mood you’ve been in for the last week, or you might find yourself in charge of opening a Luthor-Corp plant in the Gobi desert. And you,” turning to Lucas, who quickly wiped the smirk off his face, “you can let the girl interview you, but it will take place here and you better not just be organising it to get the poor girl into your bed. Do I make myself clear to the both of you?”

“Crystal clear mother,” they both replied.

“Why couldn’t I have had daughters?” muttered Lillian as she made her way to sit behind her desk. “Now that is all out of the way, take a seat both of you and I will give you the update from your father.”

“I’m going to interview a Luthor. I’m going to interview a Luthor. I’m going to interview a Luthor,” sang Chloe in her kitchen as she made herself a coffee. ‘But he hasn’t called to arrange it yet,’ the annoyingly pessimistic voice that sounded an awful lot like Lana Lang, rang out in her head.

“I’m going to interview a Luthor,” Chloe sang back, ignoring it.

“And does this Luthor *know* of this said interview,” an amused voice sounded behind her.

Chloe spun around to see her dad leaning against the door smiling at her. “It was he who suggested it,” she replied, “ok, the time and place hasn’t been organised, but it will happen.”

“And which *he* is it?” asked Gabe. ‘Please don’t let it be my boss,’ he thought.

“Lucas Luthor,” replied Chloe, turning back to get her coffee off the counter. “Do you want a coffee dad?”

“No thanks,” said Gabe. ‘And thank you,’ he added silently when he heard it was Lucas. “So when and where did you meet Lucas Luthor?”

“Not that long ago and I met him in the Talon.” Chloe sat down at the table and was joined by Gabe. “He and I got talking while he was there and I might have mentioned the idea of an interview. He didn’t really give me an answer then, but we met again a few days ago and he said he call me to organise one.”

Gabe took a deep breath, “Chloe, sweetheart, you know I’m very proud of you and I know how much journalism means to you.”

“Yes,” said Chloe warily, “where is this leading dad?”

“This interview, if it does go ahead, I want you to promise me something,” said Gabe, his voice serious.

“And what would that be?”

“Promise me you won’t get me fired,” he said.

“What the hell is…?” Chloe trailed off as she saw her father trying to keep the grin off his face. “Oh you, that’s not funny. I thought you were going to tell me something serious. Stop laughing, it’s not funny.”

“Oh Chloe, the look on your face was priceless,” panted Gabe in between laughs.

“I fail to see the joke in all of this.”

After a few moments Gabe calmed down and Chloe continued to glare. “Sorry sweetheart, I just couldn’t resist,” he said, a smile still on his face.

Chloe tried to continue glaring at her dad but soon felt a smile tugging at her own lips. “You know, I *should* try and get you fired for that,” she said.

Gabe gave a small laugh. Although he had been joking with her, there was a small part of him that was being serious. God knows what questions she could come up with, and for the second time since hearing about the interview he gave a small thanks that it was Lucas and not Lex that was the interviewee. “So, how can I make it up to you?”

“MMM,” grinned Chloe, pretending to think deeply. “I suppose a double chocolate hot fudge sundae with lashings of whipped cream *might* go a long way towards helping me forgive you.”

“A Sullivan special Sundae?” asked Gabe, grinning.

“But of course, like anything else would compare.”

With a laugh Gabe got up from the table and headed over to the refrigerator to make her dessert.

“Have you got a minute?” asked Lucas, walking into Lex’s room.

“Sure, what’s on your mind?”

“I met this *boy*, Clark Kent is his name,” began Lucas.

“I thought you were done with that *kind* of experimentation,” interrupted Lex with a grin.

“Lex this is serious.”

“So where you about that Russian dancer,” Lex continued to tease his brother.

“Lex that was almost hundred years ago, isn’t it time you stopped going on about it.”

“No, it’s always guaranteed to get you pissed off. So this boy, it’s serious is it?”

“Lex…shut up and just listen to me,” snapped Lucas. “He’s a friend of Chloe, this *high-school* reporter I’ve been talking about. Well, he’s not human.”

Lex’s face turned serious. “So what is he, demon?”

“No that’s just it. His scent is like nothing I’ve ever encountered. So unless he’s a new breed of demon that we’ve never come across, I have no idea what he is.”

“Do you think he could be trouble?”

Lucas shrugged his shoulders, “I can’t honestly say. But I do think we should check it out. With everything that’s going on with Dominic we can’t afford to ignore anyone or anything.”

“Very true. I’ll look into it, and see what I can find out about Clark Kent,” said Lex.

“Good, and I’ll see if Chloe can tell me anything. I can throw in a few subtle questions while she’s interviewing me.”

“You’re going ahead with that?” asked Lex.

“Of course, far be it for me to refuse a hot little blonde that wants to *probe* me for answers,” said Lucas with a leer.

“You are truly a dog sometimes Lucas.”

Lucas didn’t answer Lex, just flashed him a grin and left the room to call Chloe to arrange the interview.

Blackberry
24th April 2004, 17:19
This story is awesome.... :)

Oooh they know Clark is different! The wonders of vampire senses. :D

Great update.

Not An Addict
24th April 2004, 17:25
Whoo hoo! Mmm, I can see it now: a showdown in the library. Lex has met Chloe, and he's trying to warn Lucas off . . . Lucas is having none of it, because let's face it--Chloe's hot . . . she's trying to calm both of them down, and getting pissed off herself over being treated like a piece of meat . . . a fight almost breaks out . . . then the boys realize they're being silly, because she'd never be able to resist both of their seductive powers . . . they advance . . . Chloe thinks to herself, 'Hmmm, two Luthor men' . . .

*shakes self*

Heh. Sorry. Guess that was more my fantasy there. *sheepish look* Still, I can't wait to see what happens when Lex and Chloe finally meet. More please! I need some vicarious smoochies. ^_^

mimi71884
24th April 2004, 17:28
WOW WOW WOW WOW!!

what a great update.... the Clark kent part between Lex and Lucas had me rolling on the floor... i can't wait for the interview... ireally really hope that lex barges in on it... maybe the interview can take place the day of the dinner... hence a chloe-invite leading to some verbal judo??! !

wow wow wow
i can't wait for your next update soon please?!??!

:yay: :yay: :chlexsign4: :yay: :yay:

eurydices falling
24th April 2004, 17:42
Dang Fi, you just never fail do you. I have three more weeks before I graduate and your sucking me into your vampire vortex. I don't care how great this story is (and it really is hon) i refuse to read another word. unless of course you update, but i'm only doing that to be polite...not because i crave another installment. ;)

Maha
24th April 2004, 18:01
LOL :biggrin: at the comment about Lucas experimentation.

Can't wait for the interview to take place. And the dinner party too.

And Chloe will meet Lex in the next chapter - right? This means "real soon" - right?
:cool:

So please update soon.

Hugs

tiff
24th April 2004, 19:44
Ooh. Thanks for the update, I patiently await more. :biggrin:

Lex
24th April 2004, 20:50
Oooo, interesting chapter - look out Clark they're on to you! Lol! Btw I love how you do Lillian, she totally has those boys under her thumb even if they can't admit it! Anyway I look forward to this interview so I hope you update soon!

kirt30
24th April 2004, 21:04
more more more

Miss Parker
24th April 2004, 21:18
This fanfic is great , perfect ,please update,please...

ColumbiaBlue
24th April 2004, 22:35
Lex thought Lucas was into Clark. *snorts* That's great. Russian dancer... *falls over giggling*

I love this story but if Lex and Chloe don't meet like *REAL* soon, I will not be responsible for my actions dammit! Where's the Chlex?

*ahem*

More please?

Béatrice
24th April 2004, 23:32
I'm glad you updated. :biggrin: More, please!

Clannadlvr
24th April 2004, 23:34
“Of course, far be it for me to refuse a hot little blonde that wants to *probe* me for answers,” said Lucas with a leer.

Dude...Lucas is so skanky.

But I still love him. It's just so wrong!!!

update soon!

MissMed03
25th April 2004, 01:39
It just keeps gettin better and better..
Update soon

autumngold
25th April 2004, 01:51
I'm so glad that Lucas is calling Chloe to arrange their interview!! Now she's that much closer to meeting Lex!! :biggrin: I know, I have a one-track mind!! Excellent chapter!! I love Lillian in this story!! She definitely knows how to control both Lex and Lucas!! I can't wait for more explanations of what Lex is going through!! Please update soon!! :chlexsign4:

Blaire023
25th April 2004, 02:47
I'd rather be on the receiving end of the "probing"

well, in Lucas's case that is. ;)

Lovin it, now you may update. I grant you permission. *waves invisible wand*

HEY, it's only invisible cuz it's magic, not cuz it doesn't exist. :tease:

~B

scifichick774
25th April 2004, 03:05
Originally posted by Not An Addict@Apr 24 2004, 08:25 AM
Chloe thinks to herself, 'Hmmm, two Luthor men' . . .

*shakes self*

Heh. Sorry. Guess that was more my fantasy there.
LMAO! You and pretty much everyone else in the forum.

Really looking forward to when Chloe and Lex finally meet. I have a feeling it's not going to go smoothly at all. :devil:

absentia-varia
25th April 2004, 03:48
:biggrin:
Yay! an Update!

I cant wait for Chloe and Lex to meet,
I wonder how she'll react when she figures out that it was him in the red ferarri!

Love how Lucas could tell how Clark wasnt human...
mmm... vampires.... mmm... Spike...
okay,

So update soon!

:chlexsign3:

sylvia
25th April 2004, 05:48
Does anyone else find those heightened senses incredibly sensually sexy? Because that's definitely the vibe I'm getting. Oh and I'm really loving the way you've written Lex and Lucas and their love-hate relationship as brothers. Very cool and yes, you may update right away, don't be shy ;)

TheDragonLady
25th April 2004, 07:26
You lost me at "probe"

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I adore you.

vardaquareien
25th April 2004, 12:09
Great chap! I love me some Chloe/Gabe interaction and Lex/Lucas interection, especialy when they're written as well as you have done!!! I can't wait for this dinner for everybody to meet ...especially Chlex ;)

nickielh
26th April 2004, 17:48
I know, I know get to the dinner party already, the suspense of them meeting is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Great story.

Nickie

scorpio
26th April 2004, 21:37
Oy,Fi. :biggrin:
This is great. I´m a little tongue-tied today, so I can´t give you the proper feedback that you absolutely deserve .Shame on me. Well, I´ll do better next time. ;) Promise,promise.

Thanks for the update. :worship2: I´m paitiently waiting for the next part. :goof:

ruafair
1st May 2004, 16:47
Ok, when I said that the Chloe/Lex meeting would be real soon, I didnt mean this chapter, but definitely the next one....... :biggrin: Also I know everyone's preception of Lillian has been changed following the last episode.... but I'm going to keep her as I've been writing her..... Again thanks for all the kind words....Fiona

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Ten – And into The Lion’s Den

“I will have a large mocha with extra, extra chocolate and double cream please Lana,” said Chloe with a wide grin on her face.

“Someone’s happy,” chuckled Lana as she set about getting Chloe’s order. “And what has happened to bring this mood on?”

“I have an interview with,” Chloe paused, “Lucas Luthor. At the Luthor castle, tomorrow evening. Can you believe it?”

“Oh wow Chlo,” exclaimed Lana, handing the girl her mocha, “that’s pretty big. And you get to spend some *alone* time with a really hot guy.”

Chloe rolled her eyes at Lana’s last statement. Ok yes, Lucas was hot, but Chloe took her journalism very seriously and planned on conducting the interview in a professional manner. When it was over, well then, whatever happened then would be fine.

“Actually Chloe, while this…interview is going on, would you mind, well, dropping a few hints to see if he, I mean Lucas, *likes* me?”

“You’ve met him once and served him coffee,” said Chloe, “why would you think he *likes* you?”

“Yes that may be so, but he was giving me this look,” continued Lana, “you know the one? The one a guy gives you when he’s interested.” The brunette conveniently forgot that Lucas had asked to be introduced to Chloe when she first met him.

‘He looked like he was going to throw up,’ thought Chloe.

“So will you Chloe?” asked Lana again when the other girl had remained silent.

‘No, I am so not playing matchmaker for you,’ she screamed inwardly. “If I have the time Lana, the interview is my priority,” she told the brunette. “I have so many questions I want to ask and I don’t know how long he’s going to give me.”

“It shouldn’t take long for your questions,” said Lana in an off-handed way. And Chloe could practically hear her dismissing the interview completely.

“Whatever Lana,” said Chloe, taking her coffee. She wasn’t going to get into an argument with the other girl partly because the brunette wouldn’t even realise they were arguing. She was in a happy mood and Lana Lang wasn’t going to ruin it for her because she thought Lucas Luthor had a crush on her. “Now if you’ll excuse me I have some things I need to do.” She left the counter and took a table towards the back of the Talon.

“What time is Miss Sullivan expected here at?” asked Lillian as her youngest son entered the dining room.

“Around 7.30pm,” replied Lucas. “When is dad due back?”

“Your father won’t be back till after midnight. And there is still no sign of Marcus’ children, in fact there hasn’t been a word about them.”

“And Dominic has been suspiciously quiet since we learnt of Marcus’ death,” said Lex as he entered the room and picked up on the conversation.

“He won’t stay quiet long. He’ll wait for the *fuss* to die down and then he’ll start up his campaign again,” stated Lillian.

“And will probably have control of Marcus’ business then. I have no doubt that he is holding Martin and Sophie and will torture them into signing over their father’s business,” growled Lex.

“Your father has put the other European families on alert. And we will organise a meeting of the American families when he gets back.”

“This is what happens when half-breeds get aspirations above their station,” announced Lex. “They shouldn’t be allowed to rise through the ranks of the families.”

“Alexander,” exclaimed Lillian, a hint of ice in her voice, “what have I told you about talk like that? Just be grateful your father wasn’t here.” She hated her eldest son’s sometimes almost racist attitude to anyone or thing that wasn’t a pureblood.

“Such a snob,” muttered Lucas. “What happens Lex, if you meet someone and she’s human?”

“*If* that happens, I will be the one to change her and she will know her place,” replied Lex.

“For fuck’s sake Lex it’s the 21st century not the 18th. Women so do not consider themselves the weaker sex or second class,” retorted Lucas with a small laugh. “Anyway who wants a compliant woman who knows her place as you so eloquently put it, it’s much more fun when they have fire in them. A woman with passion is a hell of lot more fun.”

“Good luck in finding a woman that will bow to your every whim Lex,” grinned Lillian. ‘And if by some freak of nature you do manage to find her she won’t last long in this family, I will not have a woman like that mated to *my* son,’ she added to herself. ‘If she’s going to be a Luthor she will need to be very much her own woman.’

“Well as interesting as all this is,” said Lucas, “I need to get things ready for Chloe’s *visit*.”

“You mean that *reporter* is coming here?” asked Lex, spitting out the word *reporter* with disgust.

“She’s a teenage girl Lex,” said Lillian, “and if you have a problem with her being here I suggest to make yourself scare for the duration.”

Lucas kissed his mother’s cheek and threw his brother a smug look before leaving the room.

“Ok Chloe, this is the start. An interview with Lucas Luthor, hopefully an interview with the other brother will follow and then an interview with the man himself, Lionel Luthor,” Chloe stood in front of her mirror, giving herself a pep talk. “Just think a high school newspaper getting an interview with Lionel Luthor, one of the richest and most powerful men in the world.”

Taking a deep breath she turned from the mirror grabbed her bag and jacket and left her bedroom. She could hear the television and headed to the front room where her father was stretched out on the couch.

“All set sweetie?” he asked.

“I am,” replied Chloe. “I shouldn’t be too late. The interview is due to start at 7.30pm and probably won’t go on longer than an hour.”

“I’ll be in all evening. Call me if you are going to be late,” said Gabe. “Now good luck Chloe and don’t get me fired.”

Chloe gave a soft laugh. “I’ll do my best,” she said and gave her dad a quick hug. “Bye,” she called out as she left the room.

“Jesus this place looks sinister at night,” muttered Chloe as she made her way up the long driveway to the Luthor castle. “It looks like something from a vampire movie.” In the distance the *house* did look imposing.

“That looks familiar,” said Chloe as she saw a red Ferrari parked in front of the steps to the main door. She parked her own car beside it and after grabbing her own bag got out and locked the car door.

She walked over to the car and looked at the licence plate ‘LEX L1’ it read. “So it was Lex Luthor who was the idiot who almost ran me off the road,” she murmured. “He’s barely lived in Smallville and already thinks he owns it. Very nice car though, he must really have to compensate for *shortcomings* driving a car like this.”

Chloe was grinning to herself as she walked up to the main door. She rang the bell and waited patiently for it to be answered. After about a minute the large door was opened and Chloe was greeted by a middle aged man dressed as she always imagined a butler to be dressed like.

“May I help you?” he asked.

Putting on her biggest smile, “hi I’m Chloe Sullivan, I have an appointment with Lucas Luthor.”

“Ah yes, please come in miss Sullivan,” said the butler; standing back and letting her enter the house. “May I take your coat?” he offered when he had shut the door.

“Sure, thanks,” said Chloe, slipping the coat off. He took it from her and disappeared for a moment.

“This way please,” he said when he returned. Chloe followed him down a corridor to a closed door at the end. He knocked on it once and a female voice called out “enter.”

He motioned for Chloe to remain where she stood and he opened the door and entered the room, closing the door behind him. Very quickly afterwards the door opened again, “please come in Miss Sullivan.”

Chloe took a deep breath a walked in.

“Mrs Luthor, this is Miss Sullivan,” said the butler.

“Thank you David, that will be all,” a clear voice spoke out.

David gave a short bow and left the room.

A tall striking woman, with red-gold hair and deep blue eyes began walking towards Chloe.

‘Wow, the Luthor matriarch,’ thought Chloe, as she gave the woman a smile.

‘Goddess, what a wonderful smile,’ thought Lillian as she approached the blonde. She held out her hand, “welcome to my home Chloe,” she said warmly.

Blackberry
1st May 2004, 17:06
damn... too short! -_-;

Very nice car though, he must really have to compensate for *shortcomings* driving a car like this.

hehe i like that quote..... more soon I hope!

BB

kirt30
1st May 2004, 17:16
much more please

Clannadlvr
1st May 2004, 17:48
*grins* Ah...mom is checking CHloe out before the inteview...I love it!

more soon, please!

asharnanae
1st May 2004, 17:51
:biggrin: fantastic!! loved chloes coment about lex, and lana! ugh, as always! great chappy!! :yay: :worship2:

autumngold
1st May 2004, 19:01
Great update!! I'm so excited!! Chloe is finally in the Luthor mansion!! I like how even though Chloe's meeting is with Lucas, Lillian wanted to see her first!! Can't wait to see how their discussion will go!! Please update soon!! This story is so great!! :chlexsign4:

Maha
1st May 2004, 19:39
Have I told you that I love Lillian? Such a sweet mom. Loving, caring ...
Lex on the other side - seems like a lot of work for Chloe, I think.

So please can we have some more soon? :biggrin:

Hugs

Not An Addict
1st May 2004, 20:10
MWAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH!! *ahem* Damn. Sorry. This story just kind of brings that out in me. More, please! I can't wait for them to meet. And I wanna see Lex's "biting reflex" again. Hee! Very excited. Gimme! ^_^

tiff
1st May 2004, 22:15
yay and update! *does a really bad happy dance* i promise to never do that again if you update soon...

gina
2nd May 2004, 02:32
Nice update! Lana is as clueless as ever, I'm looking forward to her finding out that Lucas is so not interested in her. I love that Lillian wants to meet Chloe, I have a feeling they'll get along well.

So very excited for the next update! I can't wait for the sparks to fly when Chloe and Lex finally meet! :)

Blaire023
2nd May 2004, 03:16
hehehe, she said shortcomings....

love the chapter, love the whole damn story.

lex finally meets his match. wooh, i can feel the temperature rising already.

~B

Mystykitty
2nd May 2004, 03:20
Lex is gonna fall in love with chloe and she is gonna piss him off... alot.
<Dances around room chanting and grinning foolishly>
I found this story today and as I have completed all the chapters you have posted I think <looks at nonexistant watch> yes, I think it is time of you to update with a really big long chapter filled with innunendo and banter...Maybe even chloe telling lex to piss off...and then he realizes the love??
eh eh
It could happen
Ok well stop reading the reviews and update more so my head doesn&#39;t explode
~Cat
PS--Gotta love the vamps :blinkkiss:

SexInStilettos
2nd May 2004, 04:46
oh please u MUST UPDATE&#33;&#33;&#33; i am soooo loving the way you are writing this&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

sylvia
2nd May 2004, 06:58
Your update absolutely made my day. Wow, Lex is really going to have to eat his words at the end of all this, isn&#39;t he? :blinkkiss:

vardaquareien
2nd May 2004, 11:34
Originally posted by ruafair@May 2 2004, 12:47 AM
“Jesus this place looks sinister at night,” muttered Chloe as she made her way up the long driveway to the Luthor castle. “It looks like something from a vampire movie.”
*snortle*
Love that Line&#33;&#33;&#33; :biggrin:

Yay to Chloe meeting Lillian&#33;&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t wait for them to have a conversation&#33; It&#39;s really quite sad how excited I&#39;ve become now that Chloe&#39;s actually at the mansion meeting "the Family", but what can say - you&#39;re fics have that effect on me&#33;

katspell
2nd May 2004, 14:47
so much fun&#33;&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t wait to see Lillian&#39;s impressions of Chloe. I can&#39;t wait till Lex meets her either.

TheDragonLady
2nd May 2004, 17:48
You&#39;re an evil person. EVIL&#33;

:worship2:

I NEED MOOORE&#33;

PLEASE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

PRETTY PLEASE&#33;

I dunno about the rest of ya&#39;ll, but I sure as h*ll wouldn&#39;t complain if Lexy bit MY neck. *Whistles*

hippiez
2nd May 2004, 19:06
Wow&#33; I can&#39;t believe I miss so many chapters&#33;&#33;&#33; That was so great&#33; And hate that BLANA&#33; :tease: Hope you update this very very quickly&#33;&#33; :worship2:

LaLa
2nd May 2004, 20:26
;) i&#39;m totally hooked&#33; there&#39;s in this fic my love for vampires, chlex and soon, smut&#33; lol what else a girl could ask?...maybe her own human sized Lex? hum, ok definitely&#33;

when the smut will be here, will chloe and Lex have mind-melting? like in Linsay sands&#39;s novels, they share their -hum-hum- hapinness and faint afterwards? THAT can be grand&#33; especially if their caught in a compromising situation lol

ME WANT MORE&#33;&#33;&#33;

xoxo LaLa

Lex
2nd May 2004, 21:07
Excellent chapter, methinks Chloe and Lillian will get along like a house on fire&#33; Anyway I can&#39;t wait for the first Chlex meeting - Lex isn&#39;t gonna know what&#39;s hit him... I look forward to seeing how you handle that, update soon&#33; :cool:

Charmingjen
2nd May 2004, 21:16
Whoooo, I really enjoy this fic. Lillian already seems to like Chloe which is a good thing. And as for Lex, I&#39;m sure the girl with all that "fire" is just around the corner from him...literally ;)

Great update Fi. Can&#39;t wait for more&#33;&#33;

~Jen

scifichick774
3rd May 2004, 02:43
Gotta love Lillian. She had Chloe directed to her instead of immediately to Lucas. Smart woman. ;)

nickielh
3rd May 2004, 18:21
More soon PLEASE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Nickie

ruafair
3rd May 2004, 18:41
Ok, quick update as a thank you for being so patient waiting for the first Chlex meeting. But it will be like a Smallville Chlex moment, blink and you'll miss it.... ;) Enjoy............Fiona

Chapter Eleven – Luthors Everywhere

Silently praying her palms weren’t sweaty Chloe grasped the older woman’s hand and shook it firmly. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Mrs Luthor,” she said honestly.

“Please have a seat,” said Lillian, releasing Chloe’s hand. She led her over to a small couch and Chloe took the seat, with Lillian taking the armchair opposite. “I believe your father is the plant manger here,” she said.

“Yes he is, and really enjoying the work,” replied Chloe. Now that she had got over the shock of meeting Lillian Luthor, she wondered where Lucas was. ‘He better not be backing out of the interview,’ she thought.

Lillian watched the younger woman; she guessed that Chloe was wondering where Lucas was. She had asked her youngest son to stay out of the way for a little while, as she wanted to meet Chloe alone. “Lucas will be along soon,” she said, “he’s just running a small errand for me.”

“And here was I thinking he had chickened out,” half joked Chloe.

“Not a chance, in fact he’s been looking forward to it,” said Lillian.

“What, one of the notoriously reporter-shy Luthors looking forward to an interview,” said Chloe and as soon as the words where out of her mouth she wished the ground would open up beneath her. ‘Jesus Chloe what did you say that for, you’ve just met them,’ she berated herself. But to her surprise Lillian didn’t look at all affronted by what she said, in fact she looked amused. “I’m sorry Mrs Luthor, sometimes my brain and mouth don’t consult with each other,” said a sheepish Chloe.

“It’s quite alright my dear. It’s not that we are shy of reporters Chloe,” said Lillian, “we just don’t trust them.”

Chloe breathed an inward sigh of relief that she hadn’t insulted the older woman.

“I’ve been reading past editions of the Torch,” continued Lillian. “I must say you are a very good writer.”

“Thank you,” beamed Chloe, a slight blush colouring her cheeks. “I’m very proud of the Torch.”

Lillian had done some *digging* into Chloe’s background when Lucas had first mentioned her. She knew all about her mother leaving when she was 5 and her subsequent move back to Smallville. She found out who her friends where and discovered that Chloe had this uncanny ability to be around when anything weird happened. And judging by her articles Lillian guessed the girl wouldn’t rest till she had the complete story. The truth was very important to her. ‘Let’s see if she finds out the *truth* about us,’ thought Lillian.

“Is Mr Luthor at home?” asked Chloe, wondering that if she would be able to meet him as well.

“He’s away in Europe on business,” replied Lillian.

“Ah, the Marcus DeToit murder,” murmured Chloe and then glanced to see a look of surprise on Lillian’s face. “When I read about the murder in the paper I looked into Mr DeToit and discovered he had done business with yourselves and was a friend of your husbands,” she explained, slightly impressed at catching Lillian Luthor by surprise. In her research on the Luthors Chloe had read a lot about Mrs Luthor and had placed the matriarch up along side Lionel as the ones she really wanted to interview. ‘Play your cards right Chloe and you just might,’ she told herself.

“And do you normally look into every murder reported in the papers Chloe?”

“No, not all,” muttered Chloe, blushing. ‘Yes I know I have no life,’ she thought.

“Interesting,” said Lillian. ‘Lucas I think you can come in now,’ she *said* to her son.

Almost immediately the door opened and Lucas walked in. “Chloe, hi, sorry to have kept you waiting,” he said as he crossed the room to her.

“Don’t worry,” she replied, “your mother kept me company.”

“Well I will leave the two of you alone,” said Lillian standing up. “Chloe it was a pleasure to meet you and I hope we get a chance to discuss some of the stranger stories you have reported on.”

“I look forward to that. Thank you Mrs Luthor,” smiled Chloe.

“Behave,” Lillian whispered to Lucas as she passed him and was rewarded with a smirk.

“Now Chloe, let’s get down to business,” said Lucas with the smirk still on his face when the door closed behind his mother.

“I take it she’s still here,” commented Lex as he poured himself a drink.

“Yes *Chloe* is still here, she and your brother have been talking for the last hour,” replied Lillian.

“It’s Lucas that’s up there, are you sure *talking* is all that’s going on,” smirked Lex.

“Mind out of the gutter Alexander. I like her; she’s got a fire about her. I’m looking forward to talking to her about some of Smallville’s strange goings on.”

“Watch she doesn’t turn your talk into another interview mother. I *suppose* it is a saving grace that she only writes for a small high-school newspaper,” said Lex.

“She researched a little into Marcus’ death and discovered he was a family friend and had done business with your father,” said Lillian, “I get the impression she’s very thorough in her investigations.”

“I hope Lucas isn’t going to let anything slip, you know what he’s like around teenage girls.”

“Yes, the same way *you* were when you were his age,” grinned Lillian.

Lucas settled back on the couch. Chloe had been interviewing him for about an hour and things had been going well. Her questions had mainly been about why they had opened a plant in Smallville, how they found the town, why the whole family had moved here. She touched a couple of times on various rumours that had been printed about them, and how they managed living with the threat of the media always about to intrude on their privacy.

“Why don’t you, well Luthors in general, grant interviews?” asked Chloe, “it would be a severe dent in the rumour mill if you did.”

“Not giving interviews is just something we’ve always done. My father has a particular dislike for the media, which my older brother has inherited. My mother and I aren’t as fervent in our dislike. Anyway where would the fun be if we started talking?” grinned Lucas. “I love reading the crap they make up about us.”

“Yeah some of them have been fairly off the wall,” grinned Chloe. The interview had gone well in her opinion; she had purposely kept her questions simple and stayed away from any subjects that might cause Lucas to clam up on her. Her plan was that if this went well she’d organise another and then come in with the big guns. In fact if her *talk* with Lillian Luthor was arranged soon she might get to ask some of those more probing questions then.

“Do you have much involvement with the general day to day running of the Smallville plant or any of the Luthor-Corp plants?”

“No, the bulk of the *business*is looked after by my father and Lex,” he replied.

“So what do you do?”

“I’m more into public relations,” he smirked, “I like getting out there and meeting people.”

“The face of Luthor-Corp,” grinned Chloe.

“And isn’t it a face?” he laughed.

“It’s not too bad,” teased Chloe, and then joined him in laughing.

“Thanks very much for the interview Lucas,” said Chloe half an hour later and they made their way to the front door.

“It was my pleasure Chloe,” he replied honestly.

“Did you get all the information you needed Chloe?” asked Lillian, joining them.

“For now Mrs Luthor.”

Both Lillian and Lucas walked Chloe out to her car. When they got there Lex was at his.

“Ah Lex,” said Lillian, “come here and let me introduce you to Chloe.”

Lex made his way over to them. “Miss Sullivan,” he said, his voice carrying a hint of distain, looking her over.

“Mr Luthor,” she replied, matching his tone, and looking him over. “Actually we’ve kind of already met.”

“I don’t think so,” said Lex.

“We did, a few days ago, when you almost ran me off the road,” she said. “You know when you didn’t have the patience to wait for me to pull over.”

“I was in a hurry, you wouldn’t get out of the way,” retorted Lex.

“*You* didn’t give me a chance.”

“Whatever,” muttered Lex. He nodded at his mother and brother and walked back over to his car.

“Really nice car Mr Luthor,” Chloe called out as he opened the door. “You must really have some shortcomings.” She turned to a grinning Lillian and Lucas. “Lucas, Mrs Luthor, I look forward to seeing you both again.”

“You too Chloe,” said Lillian, and Lucas agreed. There was a sound of screeching tires as Lex’s car took off.

Chloe got into her car and started the engine; she gave them both a quick wave and took off down the driveway.

“You know something Lucas,” said Lillian as she took his arm and they walked back to the house, “I really like that girl.”

Mystykitty
3rd May 2004, 19:05
Yay...more.
More is good.
To continue adding more is even better.
And chlex would be best
hot sweaty chlex would be bestest
think about it :blinkkiss:

~Cat

Blaire023
3rd May 2004, 19:32
LOL, loved it.

Keep going. *sits on edge of seat*

~B

kirt30
3rd May 2004, 21:30
loving it

tiff
3rd May 2004, 21:41
:biggrin: yay. here i am...waiting for more...still...

autumngold
3rd May 2004, 22:30
You updated again&#33;&#33; Yay&#33;&#33; Lex and Chloe&#39;s first meeting is hilarious&#33;&#33; I hope their second one goes better&#33;&#33; :biggrin: Thank you for the quick update&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t wait for your next&#33;&#33; :chlexsign4:

asharnanae
3rd May 2004, 23:29
:biggrin: damn but I love your fics&#33;&#33; :yay: :worship2:

TheDragonLady
4th May 2004, 03:10
I really like that girl too...

sydsvaughn
4th May 2004, 05:17
You know, I so much prefer this version of Lillian and the Luthors to what we get in reality.

This is such a compelling, well written, intriguing story, and having just had the time to catch up on it, a wonderful stress relief to a mind stressed with paper writing and end of the semester grad issues.

I love this and so can&#39;t wait for more&#33;

Lex and his *ahem* shortcomings.. oh I can&#39;t &#39;wait for some good &#39;old verbal judo to start&#33;

SaraC

tthjinni
4th May 2004, 05:41
This fic. . .I don&#39;t even have words to express how enthralling it is. I find myself loving even Lex, who&#39;s being a royal arse at the moment.

Very wonderfully written. An easy, appealing read that is leaving me begging for more.

No, seriously. I&#39;m begging. On my hands and knees and all that. *whimpers*

vardaquareien
4th May 2004, 15:29
Whoot&#33; We had our first Chlexy moment&#33;&#33;&#33; And Chloe was all snark&#33; Whoohooo&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I love Chluthor interaction of any kind so I also loved Lillian&#39;s assessment of Chloe. Smart woman, she has taste&#33; ;)

Can&#39;t wait for more of this fic&#33;

hippiez
4th May 2004, 18:09
WEEE&#33;&#33;&#33; :yay: :yay: You updated&#33;&#33;&#33; OMG&#33;&#33; That was sooo COOL&#33;&#33;&#33; Like the Lex/Chloe small banter&#33; MORE&#33;

Not An Addict
4th May 2004, 19:57
Heh. I can just imagine the look on Lex&#39;s face when he gets back at Chloe for that last crack. ^_^ More&#33; Need more, please, and speedy-like. I&#39;ll give you a cookie. *waves cookie temptingly*

Lex
4th May 2004, 21:18
Lol&#33; Even if it was a blink and you&#39;ll miss it, the chlex was still great, I wonder what Lex thought of her comment? Brilliant chapter, can&#39;t wait for more&#33;

newbatgirl
5th May 2004, 00:02
Fi&#33; You made my day. Thanks for the update-let. I loved the Chlex meeting. Go Chloe. Show &#39;em what you&#39;ve got&#33;

More, please&#33;

katspell
5th May 2004, 00:51
:yay: For the update, thank you thank you thank you&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Now that that has been said, MORE PLEASE&#33;&#33;&#33; I&#39;m really enjoying it, can&#39;t wait till Chloe starts getting under Lex&#39;s skin.

Sunny
5th May 2004, 12:23
LLLLLLLLLOOOOOlllll&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I truly love that story&#33; It&#39;s great&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; More please&#33;

sylvia
5th May 2004, 12:43
Yay, Chloe meeting her mother-in-law. I guess we&#39;d better watch out for some fireworks between Chloe and Lex, though -- she&#39;ll probably want to take the smug snobby idiot a few pegs down before falling hopelessly in love with him. Excellent update as usual and can&#39;t wait to read more&#33;

ruafair
8th May 2004, 11:37
Ok all here's the next one. And I promise it won't be as long until the next Chlex moment..... :biggrin: Fiona

Chapter Twelve – Cooling Off

“Who the fuck does she think she is?” muttered Lex as he sped along the back roads. He knew exactly what she had meant by the *shortcomings* quip. “Stupid little girl,” he growled, pressing his foot down on the accelerator. Lex could feel himself getting agitated. This had been happening a lot since that night at the club. He lost his temper easily, he didn’t have the same control over his emotions that he always had and he didn’t know what was going on. He could practically feel his demon rattling around inside him, as if trying to get out. And it had been like this ever since the night he almost bit the woman while they were having sex. Lex had briefly entertained the notion of speaking to his father about how he was feeling and what was going on, but he quickly quashed that. There was no way he would show any sign of weakness in front of his father.

‘And walking away from a teenage girl insulting your manhood wasn’t a show of weakness,’ his demon taunted.

“Shut up,” growled Lex, pushing the speedometer over the 150 mph mark. “I need to kill something or get laid, anything to work off this energy.” After the last time Lex figured killing something might be the better option. ‘Although *both* would be a bonus,’ whispered his demon.

“Yes both would,” said Lex, a smirk forming on his face, “and I know just the place to go.” With that, he floored the accelerator and hitting 200mph flew through the back roads.

Chloe felt very good with herself as she pulled into her driveway. The interview had been a success, she had met Lillian Luthor and to top if off managed to get back at Lex ‘I own the roads’ Luthor for almost running her off. “I don’t think I’ll be interviewing *him*,” she said to herself as she locked the car and headed up to her front door. “My god the man just oozes arrogance. We’ve just met and already I don’t like him.”

“Hey dad I’m back,” she called out as she entered the house and closed the door behind her. There was no reply from her father the only sound was coming form the television in the front room. “Asleep in front of the TV again,” she said with sigh and she entered the room and sure enough saw her dad fast asleep.

She dropped her bag and coat on the chair and knelt down by the couch. “Hey dad, wake up,” she said, shaking her father gently. “Come on, you know this isn’t good for your back.” After a few more shakes, Gabe woke up.

He smiled sleepily at Chloe, “hey sweetie, how did the interview go?” He sat up yawning and stretching as he did.

“Oh it went really well,” gushed Chloe, taking the seat beside him. “And I got to meet Lillian Luthor, she is really nice. She’s read my stories in the Torch and would like to meet me to talk about them. Oh and I met your boss, *Lex*, he’s quite arrogant isn’t he?”

“Please tell me you didn’t say anything to him,” said Gabe.

“Ok dad I didn’t say anything to him,” Chloe grinned back to him.

“Chloe.”

“Don’t worry, it won’t get you fired. Now, to completely change the subject, what did I tell you about sleeping on the couch? It’s not good for your back dad.”

“Yes ma’am,” teased Gabe, mock saluting her.

“Brat,” she teased back. “”Ok, I’m going to bed. Don’t fall asleep again.” She stood up and gave her dad a hug.

“Goodnight sweetie,” said Gabe, hugging her.

“Much better,” said Lex. He had driven to an underground vampire club on the outskirts of Metropolis. No humans were allowed in, unless they wanted to be dinner, only pure and half- breed vampires and certain kinds of demons were permitted access. He could do anything he wanted at this club and no one would bat an eye.

His demon was whispering to him as he shifted to full vampire face. A very attractive female demon with an incredible tongue was working her way down his body and tugging at his pants. He’d have his fun with her and then he’d feed. This kind of demons left no corpse, when they had been drained their bodies disintegrated into nothing.

He glanced down at her as she opened his pants. Her hands and tongue got him hard quickly. “Yes,” groaned Lex, tangling his hands tightly in her hair and thrusting down her throat. “Fuck and feed,” he murmured as he thrusted in and out her mouth, “fuck and feed.”

“And she actually said that to him,” said Lionel with a small laugh, “the quip about the shortcomings?”

“Yes. Oh you should have seen Lex’s face my love, it was just priceless,” laughed Lillian.

“Brave girl. And she’s Gabe Sullivan’s daughter you say? Well he’s a good man and no doubt raised a good daughter.” Lionel stood up and went over to the small bar to get himself and Lillian another drink. “Where exactly is Lex now?”

“He’s at *that* club,” she said, “Oh thank you,” accepting her drink. “He’s *working* off some energy I believe. At least I know he can’t get into any *mortal* trouble there. And as much as I hate that club, it’s probably the best place for him when he’s in a mood like that.”

“They’ve been getting more frequent,” sighed Lionel, “even in Europe I could pick up on his rage. I could show him some techniques to control that rage, but according to the rules he has to come to me for help. And you know how stubborn Lex can be.”

“Yes, he’s exactly like his father,” replied Lillian with a grin. “He will my dear. His demon will start to push him in the right direction.”

“So did anything else happen will I was away?”

“You mean apart from Lucas breaking centuries of boycotting by giving an actual interview, Lex getting put down by a teenage girl and the said interviewer?” asked Lillian, a smirk forming on her face.

“That’s practically nothing my dear. I was wondering if anything out of the ordinary happened?” Lionel smirked back.

“No,” said Lillian with an exaggerated sigh, “it’s been horribly quiet.”

“The other families are getting worried,” said Lionel, the conversation taking a serious turn once again. “The manner of Marcus’ death has them rattled.”

“And they are looking to you to make things right again,” said Lillian, taking her husband’s hand in hers.

Lionel nodded. “We’ll discuss what to do next when the boys are here. We’ll let Lex cool off first, I’ll need him focussed for this.”

“I agree,” replied Lillian, squeezing his hand gently.

Lex pushed the female demon further into the dark corner as he sank his fangs into her neck. Her hands clutched at his shoulders and she moaned in pleasure. His carnal lust had been satisfied but now his blood lust needed to be sated. He gripped her hips hard, grinding against her as the blood flowed down his throat.

After a few moments her moans of pleasure turned into ones of slight pain. The hands clutching his shoulders now began trying to push him way. Lex tightened his grip as he drove his fangs deeper into her neck.

“Stop,” she whispered in a pained and weak voice. But he ignored her, and continued to draw the blood from body. Her body grew limper and after a moment it was only Lex’s hold on her hips that was keeping her upright.

Lex could hear her heart beat slowing down. The arms fell from his shoulders and Lex drained that last few drops from her. He withdrew his fangs and released her waist as her heart thumped to a stop. She slumped to the ground and he watched through gold eyes as her body began to disintegrate. He ran his tongue over his lips and fangs, lapping up the last of the blood.

“Yes,” he hissed through his fangs, his body and demon sated…for now.

hippiez
8th May 2004, 12:33
I really love evil Lex :devil: &#33; And that Gabe/Chloe Moment was so touching&#33; :wub: Love the chappy&#33;

TheDragonLady
8th May 2004, 13:47
Reow. Lex, I&#39;d sate your body and demon, and you wouldn&#39;t even hafta kill me. ;)

I&#39;d surely enjoy an update&#33; Really, I would. Yes, uh huh. Updates are really good.

katspell
8th May 2004, 14:57
WOW, against the rules to help him huh? That can&#39;t be good... I wonder if snark is prof against vampires.... Otherwise this might not be a good thing.

Love it, and I will attempt to wait patiently for your next update, such perfection must take time...

*glances at watch* so umm how much time are we talking about here?

michelle_19781997
8th May 2004, 15:26
Great chapter. More soon?

Blackberry
8th May 2004, 17:10
Oh man, there&#39;s something about vampires that&#39;s so... sensual... :drool: and Lex as a vamp... woot&#33;

asharnanae
8th May 2004, 17:17
:devil: :biggrin: I love the evil lex&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; but I think it could be awhile before lex goes to lionel&#33;

ahhhh, cant wait for the next update. :yay: :worship2:

eurydices falling
8th May 2004, 18:00
He ran his tongue over his lips and fangs, lapping up the last of the blood.

I couldn&#39;t help but think of vampire Lex doing a campbell&#39;s soup commercial.

"Mmmm. Mmmm. Good."

sorry Fi. This was a great chappy. I love that Lionel and Lillian are this benevolent couple and able to look on Lex&#39;s tangle with Chloe amusedly.

Update soon.

sydsvaughn
8th May 2004, 18:49
Did I mention how much in love I am with the Lionel/Lillian relationship? I just so adore your characterization of these two, it&#39;s wonderful&#33;

Interesting to see how Lionel can "help" Lex, but why do I suspect it will have something to do with Chloe. (Not that I&#39;m complaining mind you)

Cannot wait for more, soon please? This story is really helping me ease the final paper stress&#33;

SaraC

autumngold
8th May 2004, 19:04
Thank you for your new chapter&#33;&#33; Vamp Lex is really scary in a totally hot way&#33;&#33; :biggrin: Can&#39;t wait for more, please update soon&#33;&#33; :chlexsign4:

Clannadlvr
8th May 2004, 19:26
Just read the last two updates at once...

*shivers*

Lex REALLY needs to get his rage under control&#33; Maybe a certain Miss Sullivan can help him do that...

hee hee

Again, I love the tale you&#39;re spinning&#33; Fantastic job&#33;&#33;

Blaire023
8th May 2004, 19:26
Originally posted by TheDragonLady@May 8 2004, 06:47 AM
Reow. Lex, I&#39;d sate your body and demon, and you wouldn&#39;t even hafta kill me. ;)
I second the &#39;Reow&#39; and could just imagine half the nsers here lined up in harem form awaiting their turn to sate their &#39;masters&#39; desires.

:drool:

Oh.....yesssssssss

~B

Not An Addict
8th May 2004, 20:30
Hoo-boy&#33; That was some definite evil right there. And I&#39;m referring, of course, to the shortness of that update. ^_~ More&#33; More of the borderline-creepy evil Lex, more of the snarky Chloe, more of the seductive Lucas, more of the wonderful Lionel and Lillian. Just MORE&#33; Or I&#39;ll sic -my- demon on you. ^_~

Lex
8th May 2004, 20:51
Yay&#33; Great update, evil Lex is just... sexy. I liked the Lionel/Lillian part too, they&#39;re quite an interesting couple. Can&#39;t wait for more&#33; ;)

tiff
8th May 2004, 21:34
yay an update&#33; gabe and chloe are so cute, same goes for lionel and lillian. mm and vamp lex is just hot. can&#39;t get enough of this fic :biggrin: so please update again soon

Shay
9th May 2004, 18:45
He ran his tongue over his lips and fangs, lapping up the last of the blood.

I couldn&#39;t help but think of vampire Lex doing a campbell&#39;s soup commercial.

"Mmmm. Mmmm. Good."
That is pee in my pants funny. I was laughing to hard when I read that.

I love evil Lex too. "fuck and feed"...I like that.

I can&#39;t wait for Chlex to meet up again. He needs her to calm this rage that he has. Didn&#39;t Lillian say something a few chapters back about him needing to find a mate. Maybe his mating side is restless and until Lex chooses his mate will stay restless.

More soon Fiona
Shay

sara_noele
9th May 2004, 22:15
I missed all your updates and I don&#39;t know how.

Love the story. Lex scares me a little bit, but maybe Chloe can make it better. ;)

Miss Parker
9th May 2004, 22:45
:wub: I think I&#39;m in love...for the fic
But I love you Fiona&#33;

vardaquareien
10th May 2004, 08:15
mmmmmm impassioned Lex&#33; :drool: oooh luv the whole "fuck" and "feed"&#33;&#33;&#33; So erotic&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Love that it was Chloe that set him off&#33; ;) Can&#39;t wait for more of this wonderful ficcy&#33;

dreamingincolor
12th May 2004, 04:04
Wow your such a great writer, you really know how to keep people interested and in suspense. Hope to see an update soon :)

drina
15th May 2004, 03:55
I definitely can&#39;t wait for the next chlex moment&#33; please give it to me soon&#33;&#33;

kezz
15th May 2004, 12:31
I have to say I was a bit dubious about the premise of this fic, but OMG WOW&#33;

This is absolutely fantastic and I am hooked. :wub:

Please, please, please update this soon. :worship2:

Kezz

newbatgirl
15th May 2004, 13:26
Time for an update? Please? Please? Please?

That was me doing my puppy impression. I&#39;m done now.

ruafair
15th May 2004, 14:14
This is for newbatgirl's puppy expression....... ;) Fiona

Chapter Thirteen – Friction

Chloe hunched over the large table in the Torch office playing around with different layouts for the front page of the next edition. “Ok that one looks good,” she murmured after finally coming across a layout that she liked. “Pictures next.” She grabbed the photographs off the desk beside her and began flicking through them. “Damn he really is one good looking man,” she said with a laugh as she came across a particularly good one of Lucas.

“Right this one for the front page,” she decided after a few minutes. “And these two for the article inside.” Finally happy with her decisions she set about finishing up the layout.

--

Pete and Clark stood outside the door to the torch office. They were arguing in whispered voices. They hadn’t really spoken to Chloe in about a week and were feeling slightly guilty about ignoring their friend. So at the moment they were arguing over the best way to approach her.

The pair was still having their argument when the door flew open to reveal a slightly pissed off looking Chloe. “I am *trying* to work here,” she said, “so take whatever it is you are arguing about somewhere far away.” She looked from Clark to Pete and back again before closing the door in their faces.

Clark and Pete stood staring at the door for a moment before Clark pushed it open slowly. When they peered in they saw Chloe hunched over the table. Pete cleared his throat loudly.

Chloe rolled her eyes, keeping her back to them. “What?” she snapped.

Clark and Pete shared a look. “Hey Chlo,” said Pete, “haven’t seen you all week.”

“What, you mean you didn’t *see* me in the History, English, Chemistry and oh Biology classes we shared all week?” she retorted sarcastically.

“You know what we mean,” sighed Clark as they moved closer.

“Hey when did you interview Lucas Luthor?” gasped Pete as he saw the layout to the front page complete with headline about the Lucas interview.

“A couple of days ago,” said Chloe. “I’m surprised Lana didn’t tell you.”

“Well she was talking about Lucas and *her* but never mentioned that you were interviewing him,” mumbled Clark.

“Well why would the town princess talk about anyone but herself,” Chloe muttered in a low voice.

Clark heard what she had said but decided against commenting. He really didn’t want to push Chloe into a worse mood. “So how did it go?” he asked.

A smile appeared on Chloe’s face, “it went really well,” she said, “it took place in the castle and I got to meet Lillian Luthor as well.” ‘I met *Lex* Luthor as well, but he’s not worth talking about,’ she added silently.

“Well done Chlo,” said Pete, smiling at her.

Before any of them could talk again the phone rang. “Chloe Sullivan, Smallville Torch,” she said answering it.

“Hello Chloe, this is Lillian Luthor,” a rich voice sounded.

“Hello Mrs Luthor, how are you?”

“I’m fine my dear. I was wondering if you’d be free this evening to come over to talk.”

“Oh yes, I’m free. In fact I can bring you over a sneak peek of the next edition of the Torch if you’d like to see it.”

“I’d love to. Shall we say 8.00pm?” said Lillian.

“That would be perfect. I’ll see you then Mrs Luthor.”

“Till then. Goodbye Chloe.”

“Goodbye Mrs Luthor,” and she hung up. “Oh my god,” she all but squealed.

“What was that all about?” asked Pete.

“Mrs Luthor has invited me over to the castle tonight. She’s read old editions of the Torch and wants to discuss some of the more *weird* stories. I wonder if I can turn it into an interview?”

“But Chlo, we where going to ask you if you wanted to come to the Talon with us this evening and maybe grab a movie. It’s Friday, can’t this wait till Monday?” asked Clark.

“No Clark, it can’t wait,” replied Chloe, keeping her voice even. “Even if I can’t get an interview out of it, I will still enjoy talking to her, I liked her the moment I met her. Besides the *Talon* will still be there on Monday. Now, I’d like to get the layout finished so if there’s nothing else can you close the door on your way out please?” She turned her back on them again and began looking over the papers on the table.

Clark opened his mouth to say something, but Pete grabbed his arm and began dragging him out.

Chloe let out a sigh of relief when she heard the door close. “Right, let’s get this finished so I can show it to Mrs Luthor tonight.”

--

“Well that went exceedingly bad,” commented Pete.

“I suppose we can’t really blame her being pissed with us,” said Clark, “I just wish I knew how to fix it.”

“It’s Chloe man, she’ll calm down and everything will be fine again,” said Pete with a hopeful smile.

Clark glanced at the closed door, “I hope you’re right Pete.”

“You look pleased with yourself,” commented Lionel as his wife entered the room.

Lillian kissed his cheek and settled in the chair beside him, “I’ve invited that young girl who interviewed Lucas over this evening. I want to talk about some of the more unusual occurrences in Smallville with her. Also she’s brining over an early copy of the next edition of her paper, this is the one with Lucas in it.”

“And is that the only reason you’ve invited her?” asked Lionel with a smile.

“Well no,” replied Lillian. “I like her, I’d like to spend some time with her. I found out her mother left her when she was 5; how any woman could leave her child is a mystery to me. But I must say her father has done a wonderful job raising her. I look forward to getting to know her.”

Lionel smiled at his wife. Lillian had always wanted a daughter, but the laws of their kind only allowed 2 children per family. So over the decades Lillian had, sometimes, inadvertently taken various young women under her wing. Although he could never remember his wife so taken with someone so quickly. ‘I guess I need to meet this Chloe Sullivan,’ he thought.

“Are you going to be around this evening?” she asked him.

“I won’t interfere,” he smirked. “I just want to be introduced to the young woman who made that quip at Lex, and to see this paper you’ve been raving about. And then I’ll leave the two of you alone; I need to discuss some things with Lex and Lucas anyway. We’ll hide ourselves away in the other wing of the house.”

“Thank you,” smiled Lillian.

“Chloe coming here again tonight,” said Lucas with a smile, “I didn’t realise mother liked her so much.”

“I think your mother is quite taken with her,” said Lionel. “I would like to meet her as well and she’s bringing the paper with her, the one with you in it.”

Lucas let out a small laugh, while Lex just glared.

“And what is wrong with you?” asked Lionel, turning towards his eldest son, “bad blood?”

“There’s nothing wrong,” murmured Lex. “Except I can’t believe you want to meet a reporter.”

“I’m meeting a teenage girl Lex. Don’t look at her choice of career as a *shortcoming*,” added Lionel with a smirk.

Lucas just about covered the laugh that was about to escape while Lex glared harder and his father and brother.

“I’m going to head out, I have no wish to be here when she arrives,” said Lex after a moment.

“You will stay here,” said Lionel, “I want to discuss things with yourself and Lucas. Don’t worry we’ll be in the other wing of the house.”

“Is this about what to do to calm down the other families?” asked Lucas.

“Partly, and also about trying to find out about Dominic’s plans,” replied Lionel.

“I’ve also found out some things about Clark Kent,” said Lex.

“Ah, is this the boy you said wasn’t human, Lucas?” asked Lionel.

“Yes, that’s the one”

“Very well we can discuss all these later on.”

“Yes sir,” answered both Lex and Lucas.

“*Another* invite to the Luthor castle,” grinned Gabe, “aren’t you the favoured one?”

“Dad,” said Chloe rolling her eyes, “Mrs Luthor just wants to talk about the paper.”

“I’m only teasing sweetie. You have a good time and call me if you’re going to be later than 10:30. I’m meeting some of the guys from work for a couple of drinks and won’t be home till 10:30.”

“I shouldn’t be that late anyway,” said Chloe. “Well I’d better make a move if I want to get there before 8:00.”

“Have fun Chlo.”

“I will. See you later dad.” With that she left her house and got into her car. “This should be a good evening,” she said to herself as she started the engine. She pulled out of her driveway and began the journey to the Luthor castle.

sylvia
15th May 2004, 14:34
Yay I can&#39;t wait for Chloe to meet the entire Luthor family. Especially can&#39;t wait for the next Chlex moment. I&#39;m on the verge of bouncing up and down in my seat and squealing. Is it normal to be this excited about something fictional?

Blaire023
15th May 2004, 15:29
*applauds* Weeeeeeee&#33;

I like Lillian. I didn&#39;t like how they portrayed her in SV, she was so weak. So I definitely like the way you write her better.

~B

Blackberry
15th May 2004, 15:45
I agree with Blaire, Lillian&#39;s awesome here&#33; (i can&#39;t really say about her in SV though since i haven&#39;t seen that eppy yet... -_-;; )

Haha, I can&#39;t wait to see what happens when Chloe sees Lex again. *evil chortle*

BB

newbatgirl
15th May 2004, 16:15
Originally posted by sylvia@May 15 2004, 08:34 AM
Yay I can&#39;t wait for Chloe to meet the entire Luthor family. Especially can&#39;t wait for the next Chlex moment. I&#39;m on the verge of bouncing up and down in my seat and squealing. Is it normal to be this excited about something fictional?
It is if it&#39;s this good&#33;&#33;&#33;

“And what is wrong with you?” asked Lionel, turning towards his eldest son, “bad blood?”

OK, I&#39;m going to stop laughing at this line eventually. I really am. *falls on the floor* Nope, guess I was wrong.

I can&#39;t believe you ended there. Why are the best writers always so cruel? :biggrin:

Please post the next meeting soon&#33;

autumngold
15th May 2004, 17:59
Originally posted by ruafair@May 15 2004, 01:14 PM

“I’m meeting a teenage girl Lex. Don’t look at her choice of career as a *shortcoming*,” added Lionel with a smirk.

I couldn&#39;t stop laughing about that line&#33;&#33; :biggrin: I like your Lionel and Lillian&#33;&#33; Chloe will definitely fit in well with their family&#33;&#33; Now, if only Lex and her could meet again&#33;&#33; Please&#33;&#33; Update soon please so I can "feed" my Chlex craving&#33;&#33; :yay: :chlexsign4: :yay:

scifichick774
15th May 2004, 18:40
Lillian is wonderful; as are Lionel and of course, Lucas. Lex...well...I&#39;m sure there will be many barbs exchanged with Chloe over the course of their getting to know each other. ;)

Not An Addict
15th May 2004, 20:43
*purrrrrrrrs* Mmm, all those Luthors . . . so much hotness, so little time. Why do I have such a weakness for the vampires?? A question for the ages, that. More, please&#33; Pretty pretty please with a chocolate-covered Lex on top.

*brain short-circuits at image*

Lex
15th May 2004, 20:48
Oooo... interesting. I like that Chloe and Lillian are getting on so well, it&#39;s kinda amusing that all the other Luthor&#39;s like Chloe before Lex... ah well, hopefully Lex will come to his senses soon&#33; Great update and I can&#39;t wait for the next chapter&#33; :biggrin:

kirt30
15th May 2004, 21:11
oh more more more

Clannadlvr
15th May 2004, 22:42
“It’s Chloe man, she’ll calm down and everything will be fine again,” said Pete with a hopeful smile.

ARGH&#33;&#33;&#33; This is what KILLS me about Pete and Clark&#33; They just assume everything is going to be alright with "good old Chloe" if they give her a chance to cool off, not even thinking about what might have made her upset in the first place&#33;&#33;

Unbelievable.

Oh, and I love Lillian&#39;s interest in Chloe&#33;

TheDragonLady
16th May 2004, 01:04
I lurve Lillian... But this was too short&#33; WAY TOO SHORT&#33; More, please&#33;

kezz
16th May 2004, 01:26
You really cannot leave it there you evil, evil girl&#33; :devil:

I&#39;m getting desperate here&#33;

The way you have portrayed Lillian is just fab. I cannot wait for Chloe and Lex to come face to face again.

Please update soon, you know, like yesterday&#33; :worship2:

Kezz

Miss Parker
16th May 2004, 04:03
Oh my..It just got better...

pleaseeeeee more

sydsvaughn
16th May 2004, 07:48
A family meeting...

Oh the joy, the rapture&#33;&#33;

Please update soon... I so love this story&#33;

SaraC

tiff
16th May 2004, 09:35
See...I started reading and said "yay update" and then I got to the end...different story, so please update again soon :biggrin:

hippiez
16th May 2004, 10:06
:yay: You updated&#33;&#33; Can&#39;t wait until Chloe met the Luthors again.. Update soon please&#33; :worship2:

lexchloe
17th May 2004, 10:22
I....I.. There are no words to describe how much I&#39;m loving this story. More please, especially Chlex scenes&#33;&#33; :chlexsign3:

Mystykitty
18th May 2004, 21:57
I can&#39;t believe that I missed your update for this long.

It was Wonderful..

Excellent

Splendid

oh and...

*snork and snortle*

Fabulous

More soon please

~Cat

ruafair
22nd May 2004, 14:47
Hey all..... And on we go...Fiona

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Fourteen – Bonding

“Hello again Miss Sullivan,” said the butler as he let her into the castle.

“Hi,” replied Chloe with a smile and quickly racked her brain for a name. She was certain she had heard Mrs Luthor use it. “David,” she said after a moment and the older man smiled at her.

“This way please,” he said and she followed him across the hall and up two flights of stairs. He led her down a corridor and stopped at the last door, where he knocked gently.

“Come in,” the voice of Lillian sounded out and he opened the door and stepped in, quickly followed by Chloe.

“Miss Sullivan, Mrs Luthor,” said David.

“Thank you David, you may bring the coffee up,” said Lillian walking towards them. “Hello Chloe,” she said warmly turning her attention to the blonde and gave her a small hug.

“Hello Mrs Luthor,” replied Chloe just as warmly.

“Come now my dear,” said Lillian, leading her further into the room. Two very comfortable looking armchairs, a small table and open fire greeted them. “Have a seat Chloe, make yourself comfortable.”

Chloe took one of the chairs and settled down, placing her bag on the floor beside her. Lillian took the other chair and smiled at her.

“Thank you for the invitation Mrs Luthor,” said Chloe. “Oh I brought this for you to see.” She reached for her bag and took out the copy of the Torch and handed it to Lillian.

“Ah the *Luthor* edition,” joked Lillian, taking it from her. Chloe bit her lip as she watched Lillian look at the paper. Normally Chloe wouldn’t have cared what someone thought of her articles or interviews, but never before had she spent the evening in the presence of the mother of her interviewee after said interview had been written up.

“I know I’m his mother and of course totally biased,” said Lillian, lifting her eyes from the paper and looking at Chloe, a slight smirk on her face, “but he really does take a very handsome photograph. Don’t you think so Chloe?”

“Yes,” muttered Chloe, a slight blush rising in her cheeks. “He is very handsome.” Her head was bent slightly so Chloe didn’t notice Lillian’s eyes widen as she blushed. Lillian could hear the blood rushing through Chloe’s veins and she savoured the moment.

“Well Chloe, it’s an excellent article,” she said after a moment, folding the paper up. “Although I think you might have been holding back a little. Am I right?”

“What makes you think that?” asked Chloe.

“I have read countless articles and interviews by yourself and you aren’t normally that *soft* in your interview techniques.”

Chloe noticed that Lillian had a smile on her face, “Well Mrs Luthor, it seems you have seen though my ruse. I thought I’d lull your son into a false sense of security and then ask for another interview. During which, the *real* questions would be asked.”

Lillian laughed softly, “and what would the *real* questions be?”

“Mrs Luthor, you can’t expect me to give those away. Unless of course I’ve permanently ruined all my chances of ever interviewing another Luthor.”

“We’ll see Chloe. Perhaps we should steer our conversation towards some of Smallville’s more interesting stories. High-school boys sucking the heart from bodies, young girl sucking the fat from others, men who can make you do what the want, girl who can control bees. Either you have an extraordinary imagination Chloe or this town is…cursed for want of a better word.”

“I don’t know about cursed Mrs Luthor and believe me my imagination is a lot weirder,” grinned Chloe. “I’m guessing you read about the town before coming here,” at Lillian’s nod she continued, “so of course you know about the meteor shower. Well everything stems from that fateful October day...”

A small smile appeared on Lionel’s face. Lex and Lucas glanced at each other. They were discussing what had happened to Marcus and the last thing they expected was their father to smile.

“Dad,” said Lucas.

“I’m sorry,” said Lionel, “I’m just picking up on your mother’s mood, she’s practically giddy as a schoolgirl.”

“Well considering she&#39;s talking to one I suppose she has to so she’s on the same level,” muttered Lex.

“Ah so Chloe is occupying her,” grinned Lucas.

“Yes, and your mother is quite taken with her. I think it’s time I met this young woman, boys, excuse me for a moment,” said Lionel standing up. “I’ll be back soon.” With that he left the office.

As soon as he was gone, Lucas turned to Lex, “so what did you find out about Clark Kent?” he asked.

“Well he tends to be at the centre of anything weird that goes on in this town. He’s adopted and said adoption isn’t straightforward either. The boy suddenly seemed to have *appeared* the day of the meteor shower and was adopted by Jonathan and Martha Kent. His closest friends seem to be Pete Ross and your new fancy, Chloe Sullivan. I have a couple of our guys watching him, to see if they can catch him doing anything unusual. He doesn’t seem to be able to tell what we are, which is an advantage in our case. Maybe you can get some information out of Miss Sullivan.”

“I think Chloe is better at asking questions than answering them,” smirked Lucas. “Besides you were always the one who liked digging into people’s pasts.”

“Only because you no good at it,” teased Lex.

“I’m more of a people person Lex, you know that,” replied Lucas, “what was it that Chloe called me? Ah yes, ‘the *face* of Luthor-Corp’.”

Lex let out as very un-Luthor-like snort. “The face of Luthor-Corp indeed,” he muttered, “and just when I thought your ego couldn’t get much bigger.”

“Oh believe me Lex, there is no limit to how big my ego can get,” laughed Lucas.

“…So my theory is that all the weirdness is linked to the meteor rocks,” finished Chloe. She took a large sip of her coffee and sat back in her chair.

Smart girl, was a phrase the constantly ran though Lillian’s mind as she listened to Chloe talk. She was very passionate about the paper; her theories and Lillian believed the girl would stop at nothing to get the truth. “It seems like you’ve put a lot of time and effort into this Chloe.”

“I have,” she replied, “the paper and looking for stories takes up most of my time.”

“But surely you leave time for other things,” said Lillian with a small smile, “a pretty girl like you must be beating the boys off with a stick.”

“Not unless I turn into Lana Lang,” muttered Chloe. “I don’t think so Mrs Luthor, that’s not really my thing,” she said, her voice carrying forced conviction.

Lillian had clearly heard Chloe’s muttering about Lana Lang but decided not to comment on it yet. One of the other things she had found out about Chloe Sullivan while looking into her history was that underneath the tough, no-nonsense reporter exterior she constantly wore, there was, as far as members of the opposite sex were concerned, a rather shy insecure girl. “Well you are a young girl, there is plenty of time for all that,” she said after a moment.

Before Chloe could reply the door opened and Lionel Luthor walked in. Lillian stood up and walked over to her husband. Chloe also stood up and turned to face them. “Chloe,” said Lillian “I’d like you to meet my husband, Lionel Luthor.”

“Nice to meet you Mr Luthor,” said Chloe, holding her hand out.

“We meet at last Miss Sullivan,” said Lionel, shaking the girl’s hand. “You seem to be the topic of a few conversations among my family lately.”

Chloe felt a slight blush colour her cheeks and Lionel released her hand. ‘Jeez, what is it with the Luthors and making me blush,’ she thought, willing her cheeks back to their normal colour. “I hope they were all good conversations Mr Luthor,” she replied.

“Well Lex’s wasn’t,” he smirked at her, his eyes twinkling. This time Chloe could do nothing and her cheeks practically burned they were that red. She suddenly found the carpet on the floor very interesting and in doing so missed the way both Lionel and Lillian’s eyes flashed gold.

When she felt her cheeks return to normal she lifted her head to see both of them smiling at her. “Chloe it was a pleasure to meet you,” said Lionel, “I just wanted to say hello, so I will leave you two ladies alone.”

“Goodbye Mr Luthor, I hope we can talk for longer next time,” said Chloe.

“Me too,” he replied, his kissed Lillian cheek and left the room. “Do you need to leave just yet Chloe?”

Chloe glanced at her watch 10.31pm, “oh,” she gasped, “I need to ring my dad.”

“You can use the phone over there,” said Lillian, pointing to the corner, “tell your father you’re staying for another while. And that I will make sure Lucas or Lex accompanies you home. And when you are done, we can talk about this dinner party I’m planning on hosting.”

‘Lucas please,’ she thought as she made her way over to the phone. ‘And oh a dinner party.’ Lillian left the room to give her some privacy and Chloe dialled her number, a huge smile on her face.

Blackberry
22nd May 2004, 14:54
Lex, Lex, Lex, Lex&#33; mwhahahaha&#33; :D

Lucas is aiight here, but I&#39;m a Chlexer down to the bone... ^__^

michelle_19781997
22nd May 2004, 15:18
Please have Lex drive her home, they have to start getting along soon. ;) Please update soon.

eurydices falling
22nd May 2004, 16:31
Fi you mastermind of the uncomfortable UST situation&#33; I love the fact that Lillian is diabolical enough to make LEx drop her home. Won&#39;t it be interesting to see Chloe, Lex and a penis car in a scene together again? He&#39;ll be out of his mind if she blushes half as much as she did with his parents. *rubs hands together mischievously* dinner party indeed.

Another great chappy and you know I can&#39;t wait for another one, especially since i&#39;ll be finished with school. :blinkkiss:

scifichick774
22nd May 2004, 17:20
So...since Lillian heard Chloe&#39;s mumbled comment about Lana...I suppose it&#39;s too much to hope that she would allow Lana to be used as food? :blush: Just, you know...hoping. ;)

As far as the interaction - I looooove Lucas. Admitting that his ego knew no bounds was a very him thing to say.

Looking forward to more - regardless of who drives her home.

sydsvaughn
22nd May 2004, 17:29
Did I mention I&#39;m in love with the Luthor family dynamic? If not, consider yourself informed&#33;

This is such a fun, wonderful fic and I so can&#39;t wait to see what happens as Chloe gets to know the Luthors more ... intimately. :)

SaraC

newbatgirl
22nd May 2004, 17:49
Originally posted by scifichick774@May 22 2004, 11:20 AM
So...since Lillian heard Chloe&#39;s mumbled comment about Lana...I suppose it&#39;s too much to hope that she would allow Lana to be used as food?
Kris, you just crack me up&#33;

This is awesome. I love Chloe bonding with Lill. I&#39;m on the &#39;Lex driving her home&#39; team. More soon&#33;

Clannadlvr
22nd May 2004, 22:08
So...since Lillian heard Chloe&#39;s mumbled comment about Lana...I suppose it&#39;s too much to hope that she would allow Lana to be used as food? Just, you know...hoping.

Hee hee...I&#39;m with kris on this one.

I mean, come on, don&#39;t vampires have to eat?

*eg*

Great update...I love how the Lionel and Lillian, with all their hundreds, perhaps thousands, of years of experience realize what a gem Chloe is.

Lucas does too...now we&#39;ll just have to see if Lex figures it out...

TheDragonLady
22nd May 2004, 23:29
You Goddess, you&#33; You know you want to update. You&#39;re just waiting to see how long it takes us to die from suspense... MORE... PLEASE...

tthjinni
22nd May 2004, 23:32
I bow in reverence to your superb writing abilities. This fic is tantalizing, from the beginning right up to this latest chapter and I have no doubt that it will keep getting even better as you go.

I adore the way Lillian has taken to Chloe, but can&#39;t help but look forward to more sparks flying between Chloe and Lex.

Thank you for another wonderful part.

Trinitytrp
22nd May 2004, 23:58
Seriously loving this fic... can&#39;t wait for more... and I&#39;m definately on the &#39;Lex driving Chloe home&#39; band-waggon... come on, we need some serious one-on-one Chlex interaction here.
-Trinitytrp