+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Compromising Circumstances (R)- Final Update & PDF (July 19th,11)

Re: Compromising Circumstances (R)- Ch 1 (Jan 12, '11)

Thank you so much for the wonderful update!!
    I am totally blindsided I did not see Chloe being the widow of Oliver Queen!
    Poor Chloe, she loses her husband and is trying to keep his company (his legacy) intact and now she is possibly being blackmailed over one of the most humiliating moments of her life!
    I hope you have a safe trip and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next!

Thanks for the update....I am loving this one, although I am dreading the reason as to why Lex sent her the video tape. I really hope he isn't going to try to blackmail her so he can get a hold of Queen Industires.

NO! You know, Chloe should just hack into the database and eliminate the source material. Without the source material he has nothing, because she can make it look as if he has manipulation images of her on video.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaia View Post
    NO! You know, Chloe should just hack into the database and eliminate the source material. Without the source material he has nothing, because she can make it look as if he has manipulation images of her on video.
    Gaia, you misunderstood this part of the chapter. The video doesn't show Chloe but Lex and his date leaving the building the night of the incident; it's meant only for her to know who he is and that he knows her and her secret.*wink*
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

And so the plot quickens... It's very interesting that Chloe was married to Oliver and that he left her an entire corporation. And how on Earth does Lex, or should I say Grierson, know that Chloe is the same woman from the elevator?? This is getting complicated...I'm excited!

-emms14

NS Full Member

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    What on earth was she going to do when he turned up in her office? Should she pretend they’d never met? What if he decided to bring their encounter up? What exactly did he expect her to do?

It seemed fate was against letting her forget that night.

An unnerving business appointment had suddenly turned into a complete nightmare. Alexander Grierson had an ace up his sleeve and that ace was none other than the CEO of Queen Industries herself.
    And there, as the bard would say, lies the rub.

I think Lex is making a mistake employing this tactic with Chloe though. Miss Sullivan is the type who's courage and determination infinitely rises with each attempt to intimidate her and Lex is grossly under-estimating her. Chloe is just as brilliant as Lex and can be just as devious lol!

This is going to be fun! I can't wait to read what happens next and am looking forward to seeing how they ultimately fall in love in all this. Something tells me that by the end of this fic, Chloe is going to be the one holding all the cards .

Thanks for the update Lexie and have a wonderful holiday in the mountains!

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

First of all, I was happy to see that Lex decided to leave Chloe’s coat on, even after she fainted in the elevator. I’m NOT saying that I was expecting him to strip her nude for his perverse enjoyment or to start molesting her. But I was wondering whether he was going to be forced to remove the coat out of extreme concern that she was over-heating and couldn’t breathe in it.

Fortunately, Lex decided that Chloe modesty was worth a little risk to her health, lol!

It was very, VERY interesting to discover that a little of the backstory of this alternate world’s Chloe. What a fascinating life this woman has lead! Married to a billionaire, and then widowed, and placed in charge of a multinational company – which happens to be struggling in a financial crises… and all this before the age of thirty. Darned impressive!

The most impressive thing was seeing Chloe coping with everything with minimum complaint. She was struggling like crazy to cope with a situation that’s waaay beyond her skills and comfort zone. And yet she’s somehow holding herself together with a poise that’s just amazing! I agree wholeheartedly with Jason that Chloe was performing admirably under pressure and strain that would have easily cracked a lesser person.

heh… speaking of Jason… I wonder whether there’s any possibility of him having developed feelings for Chloe, and is waiting out the ‘proper grieving time’ before making his move on her…?

I think it was a brilliant idea for Chloe to start going to business school in order to fill in some of the gaps in her skill-set. I also loved the sneaky way that Chloe enrolled herself into a small, low-key community college, rather than an Undergraduate program. BUT, I do wonder whether that decision is going to come back to bite her in the backside. It seems inevitable that the news of her course will come out, and it’s going to cause some major media embarrassment for Chloe.

Coming back to the ChOliver marriage. It sounds like Chloe and Oliver were not on the best of terms during the time of his death. I’m not saying that they were fighting and arguing. On the contrary, fighting might have been better compared to what was happening. They both were drifting apart from each other. It sounds like it might have been more Oliver’s fault than Chloe’s, since HE seemed to be the one hiding secrets about his struggling company and his drinking problem. That’s a darned shame, and I can imagine that such a bad end to her marriage would leave Chloe sour about the idea of future relationships. Lex is really going to have his work cut out for him while he wooing Chloe.

“When you say we you mean I, Chloe Sullivan. In other words, if he guesses the truth, he can crush the company. I have to show him I’m in complete command. A real piece of cake,” she chuckled nervously.
    And now onto the subject of Lex Luthor… or perhaps I should call him Alexander Greierson? Whatever his name, I’m sure that Lex is a ruthless business shark in all worlds. And now it appears that Chloe precarious hold on her deceased husband’s company is now being threatened by Lex? Poor Chloe! As if she doesn’t have enough troubles on her plate. Add to that the fact that it was Lex Luthor that was the snide, arrogant, condescending bastard who saw her to be (practically) nude in the elevator… *shudder* Poor Chloe!!

Still… this IS a Chlex fic, so we know that eventually Lex is going to fall madly in love with Chloe (probably). But there’s still a question on how miserable can he and Chloe make each other before they get together. This is going to be FUN to watch unfold!

It seems like Greirson has already made the first move. You can’t tell me that the package Lex sent to Chloe was meant to be a friendly introduction?! By all account, it appeared to be either a taunt, or a threat. heee, I can’t wait to see their first meeting!

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

i love this story i just hope everything works out for chole.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcsgirl82 View Post
    I am totally blindsided I did not see Chloe being the widow of Oliver Queen!
    Glad to have surprised you. I chose Oliver as Chloe's late husband simply because I needed a billionaire and someone Lex had a history of rivalry with.Those who know me are aware the blond archer isn't a favourite of mine and that when I introduce another billionaire I go for Bruce but, of course, I like Wayne too much to kill him off. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    First of all, I was happy to see that Lex decided to leave Chloe’s coat on, even after she fainted in the elevator.
    Here's the wrong assumption I hinted at in my comment to your previous review. When I said that the whole world went black I implied the lights went off literally. In other words, Chloe never fainted and Lex took advantage of the few seconds of darkness to do up her buttons before the lights returned and the lift started its descent again.

It was very, VERY interesting to discover that a little of the backstory of this alternate world’s Chloe. What a fascinating life this woman has lead! Married to a billionaire, and then widowed, and placed in charge of a multinational company – which happens to be struggling in a financial crises… and all this before the age of thirty. Darned impressive!

The most impressive thing was seeing Chloe coping with everything with minimum complaint. She was struggling like crazy to cope with a situation that’s waaay beyond her skills and comfort zone. And yet she’s somehow holding herself together with a poise that’s just amazing! I agree wholeheartedly with Jason that Chloe was performing admirably under pressure and strain that would have easily cracked a lesser person.
    This I'm sure is something that will earn Lex's admiration and respect, and it's also something that brings them closer since Lex has also lived and gone through a lot for someone so young.

heh… speaking of Jason… I wonder whether there’s any possibility of him having developed feelings for Chloe, and is waiting out the ‘proper grieving time’ before making his move on her…?
    You're going to get a peek into Jason's life in the following update.

I think it was a brilliant idea for Chloe to start going to business school in order to fill in some of the gaps in her skill-set. I also loved the sneaky way that Chloe enrolled herself into a small, low-key community college, rather than an Undergraduate program. BUT, I do wonder whether that decision is going to come back to bite her in the backside. It seems inevitable that the news of her course will come out, and it’s going to cause some major media embarrassment for Chloe.
    Her taking business lessons will definitely have consequences, though maybe not the ones you expect.

Coming back to the ChOliver marriage. It sounds like Chloe and Oliver were not on the best of terms during the time of his death. I’m not saying that they were fighting and arguing. On the contrary, fighting might have been better compared to what was happening. They both were drifting apart from each other. It sounds like it might have been more Oliver’s fault than Chloe’s, since HE seemed to be the one hiding secrets about his struggling company and his drinking problem.
    This is me being mean to a character I'm not fond of. I can't resist avenging young Lex whenever I get the opportunity lol Although the reasons for Oliver behaving the way he did in his marriage to Chloe have grounds in canon, I'll provide some extra fodder.

It seems like Greirson has already made the first move. You can’t tell me that the package Lex sent to Chloe was meant to be a friendly introduction?! By all account, it appeared to be either a taunt, or a threat. heee, I can’t wait to see their first meeting!
    You'll get your wish in the following update. We'll see if there's any indication there as to what it is that Lex meant with that package or if he plays his cards close to his chest.
    Last edited by lexie; 16th January 2011 at 06:43.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Here's the wrong assumption I hinted at in my comment to your previous review. When I said that the whole world went black I implied the lights went off literally. In other words, Chloe never fainted and Lex took advantage of the few seconds of darkness to do up her buttons before the lights returned and the lift started its descent again.
    oops. Thanks for clarifying, Lexie. I completely missed that. It makes a whole lot more sense this way, and I'm hugely relieved to hear that Chloe wasn't fainting like some kind of swooning damsel in a soppy period romance piece. Not that a swooning damsel would be caught fainting under those specific circumstances... not the in the cliched soppy romance novels at least, lol!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information