+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Christmas Trap (PG-15) EPILOGUE Dec 25th, 2010 COMPLETE

NS Full Member

Re: The Christmas Trap (PG-15) CH1 Nov 24th, 2010

What a fun beginning! As other posters have already mentioned, I get the feeling Lex is being set up like a bowling pin. I look forward to finding out! More please . Thanks.

Oh Lex, so gullible. I like having Julian be alive; there are so few fics that feature him. It will be nice to see the meeting between Lex and Chloe. Great start!
    <3 yams.

This already has me intrigued. Julian may be the nicest but he is a Luthor, gonna love to see how his plan works out!

jcassy
    Just a Guest!

Quote Originally Posted by kcsgirl82 View Post
    I can't help but wonder is julian really in love with Chloe or is he trying to set Lex up with her!!!
    I am very intrigued and can't wait to find out what will happen when Lex and Timmy meet!!!

Hello lexie

such a great beginninng. whoa that you had that buried for a couple of years. i love that julian is alive and not a clone, or genetically modified or whatever.it is sad for lex that lionel doen't love him. I wondered how you would make chloe on the story, pleasantly surprised with her summary. now i am like kcsgirl, i wonder if all the story is nota hoax to set up chloe with lex, because julian is awfully young.
    I hope like zannie that you will finish the piece for christmas or around the holidays.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zannie View Post
    Poor, gullible Lex! I can just imagine what's in store for him.
    There's certainly lots in store for Lex.lol And I'd say he isn't exactly blind to who his brother is. *grins*

Quote Originally Posted by Zannie View Post
    This is a really cute premise and a fun read so far. I hope you finish it (before Christmas?), since I'm trying not to read WIPs as I'm not likely to be around to see them to the end.Thanks for posting!
    It was indeed a pleasant surprise to find you'd read this first instalment considering you almost never read WIPs these days. The reason behind my posting the first chapter of the few I've got written after almost two years is precisely to get it finished. My muse needs some prodding to wake up and get in the holiday spirit.I'm currently juggling three WIPs with this one- something I've never done in the past because I hate posting incomplete stories or leaving things hanging.

Hopefully, I'll be able to complete it. In all probability updates will be more frequent as Christmas approaches .Let's keep our fingers crossed for it to be complete by then or, at the very least, as late as Twelfth Night.

Quote Originally Posted by kcsgirl82 View Post
    I can't help but wonder is julian really in love with Chloe or is he trying to set Lex up with her!!!
    I am very intrigued and can't wait to find out what will happen when Lex and Timmy meet!!!
    You won't have to wait for that meeting;it's coming in Chapter 2.

Quote Originally Posted by chachica2009 View Post
    very interesting opening... i wonder what will happen next for lex with chloe and her son
    Glad you found it interesting enough to want to keep on reading.

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeLovesLex View Post
    Oh how exciting. A new holiday fic! One that's been sitting around waiting for us to read? Hooray!This is really a fun premise. Lex does like a good challenge and I imagine this will be exactly that.
    Yes, it was collecting dust. I'd picked it up several times and ended up working on other stuff. I made an effort to pen something for last Christmas but I just couldn't get in the mood.

At present I'm working on two angsty fics so the lighter mood of this one would offer me some respite.

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeLovesLex View Post
    Interesting to see Julian still alive, and I can easily believe that he and Lex would be seen as complete opposites if he had survived on Smallville.
    Everything about this situation Julian has dragged him into is a challenge, but Lex isn't a quitter or one who would acknowledge he might not be up to a test.

Quote Originally Posted by MASCH View Post
    Stories with Julian are so few and far between; it's great how lighter they tend to be because most of Lex's angst came from losing his brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by meeaz View Post
    I like having Julian be alive; there are so few fics that feature him.
    You're right that there are very few fics with Julian. Now, as regards the tone and mood of such fics, let me tell you than in my experience they tend to be angstier rather than lighter- Time Warp (one of my favourites on these forums) comes to mind. This won't be the case here, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by MASCH View Post
    It's obvious he's being manipulated right into a set up; he has to babysit Chloe's son by living with them? How weird is that? And how can she not recognize them even if Julian concocted this idea of he being the look alike cousin of himself?Anyway great premise for a new fic.
    Update soon please
    I think Lex has let himself be "manipulated" because he cares a lot about his baby brother not because he believes a word of what Julian's said. As to the explanation for Lex's being a look-alike of Lionel's first-born, I think it's a pretty clever one and the only possible alternative. You'll have to wait and see if Chloe buys it at close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Historianic View Post
    What a fun beginning! As other posters have already mentioned, I get the feeling Lex is being set up like a bowling pin. I look forward to finding out! More please . Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by donhisiewen View Post
    Woah! A new fic! Lex is being set up, right? A few hours of babysitting is understandable but to live with Chloe and Timmy for a week? But it's so sweet of Lex to agree and it's obvious that he loves his brother.

Please update soon!
    You can't expect me to answer that, can you? It might be true or it might be that he's really into her and Lex ends up falling for her. You'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear30 View Post
    This already has me intrigued. Julian may be the nicest but he is a Luthor, gonna love to see how his plan works out!
    Just as his eldest brother has said, "Julian may look like his mom but Luthor blood runs through his veins.” . Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fouzia View Post
    Thank you for the story, I really like it^^
    I really hope you update very soon^^

Quote Originally Posted by alexiel View Post
    This beginning is very intriguing, I can't wait for the next chapter !

Quote Originally Posted by starmoon View Post
    great start i can't wait for more.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcassy View Post
    Hello lexie

such a great beginninng. whoa that you had that buried for a couple of years. i love that julian is alive and not a clone, or genetically modified or whatever.it is sad for lex that lionel doen't love him. I wondered how you would make chloe on the story, pleasantly surprised with her summary. now i am like kcsgirl, i wonder if all the story is nota hoax to set up chloe with lex, because julian is awfully young.
    I hope like zannie that you will finish the piece for christmas or around the holidays.
    Thank you all for reading and reviewing; I promise I'll do my best to deliver in time.

Julian is indeed young but all Luthors- including Lex- have always been precocious when it comes to the opposite sex, and women have always had a tendency to fall for their charm. So we'll see if Chloe lets herself be seduced by the Younger Luthor or if she prefers a more mature and perfected charm.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

NS Full Member

Excellent beginning!

This is very intriguing to see Julian alive. I'm glad that he has a good relationship with Lex.
    I'm impatient to see the meeting between Chloe and Lex.

I hope that your muse will inspire you soon^^.

Raelis
    Just a Guest!

Aw, I love such AU's so much! I'm glad to see that Lex and Julian have exactly the sort of relationship that I always imagined they would have had if Julian had lived in canon - one full of trust and fondness of each other. And I'm happy that Lionel's attemps to pit the brothers against each other did not work, even though I wouldn't be able to blame Lex if he felt more resentment toward Julian than he does in this fic. I was a little squicked out that Julian assumed the same thing Lionel did in canon - that Lex slept with all those brunettes because he was looking for his mom in them. Yikes! But Chloe is as far from Lillian as it's possible to be, in both looks and personality, so I'm interested to see what Lex's reaction to her will be like.

And Julian is pure ee-vuhl! What a plan he has concocted! Worthy of a Luthor, indeed!
    Last edited by Raelis; 27th November 2010 at 08:00. Reason: Stupid typos!!

A very cute beinging. I think Julian is trying to setup is older brother.
    I'm a Dreamer and hoping one day Chloe and Lex will be together.

Based off of the title of this one, would I be right if I guessed that Julian was actually setting Lex up to fall for Chloe?

I love this time of year, there's nothing better than some seasonal Chlex fic and this is off to a great start. I can't wait to see what Julian is up to and how Lex gets on living with Chloe and her son.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information