+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Christmas Trap (PG-15) EPILOGUE Dec 25th, 2010 COMPLETE

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

Re: The Christmas Trap (PG-15) CH2 Nov 29th, 2010

I've only had time to check in quickly to skim through your updates this week, but thanks so much for finishing it by Christmas, particularly since you got sick. I remember I got sick as I was writing Lessons in Seduction and had to muddle through a couple of chapters to keep with the schedule I'd set for myself. Not fun! But I'm sure everyone appreciates it.

I've got to admit the angst and character-development lover in me would have loved to see more more about how Chloe and Lex worked out the emotional consequences of the complicated relationship mess they'd been thrown into in the intervening months. But that would have made the story deeper and angstier than a fun holiday read should be and it would have stretched the story out much longer--so you never would have finished it on time--so I totally understand why you jumped ahead in the epilogue. I'm very happy they were able to work things out and will be happy together. The ending was very sweet.

Thanks for the story, lexie!

awww...bless

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zannie View Post
    I've only had time to check in quickly to skim through your updates this week, but thanks so much for finishing it by Christmas, particularly since you got sick. I remember I got sick as I was writing Lessons in Seduction and had to muddle through a couple of chapters to keep with the schedule I'd set for myself. Not fun! But I'm sure everyone appreciates it.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this fic and leave me feedback on a regular basis, Zannie; it's truly appreciated. Everyone's encouraging reviews helped me see this to the end despite being ill and not feeling up to doing anything really.

I've got to admit the angst and character-development lover in me would have loved to see more more about how Chloe and Lex worked out the emotional consequences of the complicated relationship mess they'd been thrown into in the intervening months. But that would have made the story deeper and angstier than a fun holiday read should be and it would have stretched the story out much longer--so you never would have finished it on time--so I totally understand why you jumped ahead in the epilogue.
    Oh, yes, I know exactly what you mean! My fics always delve into the angsty aspect of their relationship, but I've already got one WIP on the forums which is filled with drama and, as you said, this is a time for brighter and lighter stuff. Had it not been a Christmas fic, I might have ended up writing over 100,000 words as I did for Back from the Dead. LOL.

I'm very happy they were able to work things out and will be happy together. The ending was very sweet.

Thanks for the story, lexie!
    You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks again for reading.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Aw, that was sweet and a bit bittersweet. I'm sorry that the situation caused Lex and Julian to be estranged for a whole year. It must have been agony for both of them. And poor Mrs. Kent must have felt a bit of guilt for outing Jules after findng out Lex's response.

I like that Lucas was in on it. Tell me Lex will treat him a little better now. I hope things worked out with Lucas and Jennifer as well.

Oh, Chloe. The image of her showing up at LexCorp, but not having the courage to go inside makes me ache. And Lex was suffering none the wiser that she wanted to reconcile with him the whole time. Aching for both of them.

I love that Lex's drawing was a focal point in Timmy's room and his response to seeing Timmy again.

Yeah! He finally got his Christmas wish!

NS Junior Member

It was perfection Lexie! What a wonderful Christmas story, I'm so happy that they came together in the end

Fan Artist, Fanfic Lover Senior Member Esther25jm's Avatar

Oh my goodness, Lexie, I thought I had left my comment a long time ago. I loved the epilogue and thought it was great that you brought in Bruce at the end. Broke my heart that Lex hadn't spoken to any of them for a year, but it was worse when he saw Timmy again, who didn't remember him. Oh, the tears flowed for him, Timmy, and Chloe. SO much lost time, but glad to see that they were able to get back together in the end. Great story, Lexie, love it! *hugs*

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

That was a beautiful ending. What a great story.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Member

I really loved this story, it was wonderful!

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Sorry for not answering sooner, guys, but I'm out of town and haven't got access to the internet where I'm staying.

Quote Originally Posted by ripsconscullmin View Post
    It must have been agony for both of them. And poor Mrs. Kent must have felt a bit of guilt for outing Jules after findng out Lex's response.
    It sure was. And I agree that Mrs Kent must have felt awful but All's Well that Ends Well.

I like that Lucas was in on it. Tell me Lex will treat him a little better now. I hope things worked out with Lucas and Jennifer as well.
    Since Lucas was also playing matchmaker I suppose Lex will see him differently now. If I had had more time I would have developed some other storylines but I chose to focus just on the Chlex. In my mind, Lucas and Jennifer were serious about each other.

I love that Lex's drawing was a focal point in Timmy's room and his response to seeing Timmy again.
    I'd always wanted to include Lex's artistic side in one of my fics and this one provided me with the perfect opportunity to do it. And that drawing meant a lot to both Chloe and Lex not to be up there.

Quote Originally Posted by veronica525 View Post
    It was perfection Lexie! What a wonderful Christmas story, I'm so happy that they came together in the end
    Glad you enjoyed it. I don't know if it was perfect but it was the kind of story I wanted to write and share with you for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Esther25jm View Post
    Oh my goodness, Lexie, I thought I had left my comment a long time ago. I loved the epilogue and thought it was great that you brought in Bruce at the end. Broke my heart that Lex hadn't spoken to any of them for a year, but it was worse when he saw Timmy again, who didn't remember him. Oh, the tears flowed for him, Timmy, and Chloe. SO much lost time, but glad to see that they were able to get back together in the end. Great story, Lexie, love it! *hugs*
    Thanks a lot for your nice words, Esther. And yes, they lost a year but I'm sure they'll apprecaite what they've found even more now.

Quote Originally Posted by hfce View Post
    That was a beautiful ending. What a great story.
    I'm pleased you liked the ending as much as the rest of the fic, Hope, although I jumped to the future and wrote the epilogue when I wasn't feeling up to much.

Quote Originally Posted by queenie505 View Post
    I really loved this story, it was wonderful!
    Thanks for leaving me feedback. I'm happy to have been able to contribute with some Holiday spirit to your Christmas.
    Last edited by lexie; 3rd January 2011 at 16:52.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Beautiful, Lexie. Perfect for the holidays. I'm just regretting the fact that I didn't get to read it during Christmas because of the holiday rush. You really get children, you know. It was so realistic for Timmy not to remember Lex since they were apart for a year and also for leaving the issue between him and Julian to be resolved.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information