+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last Time (R)- March 25th '10

No charge for awesomeness

Re: Last Time (R)- March 25th '10

Oh these two just love to torture themselves don't they? Pretending it will be the last time. That it doesn't mean as much as it does, but it's always meaningful, always the way it should be. They know it, and can't resist fighting what terrifies them. *sigh*
    Great work as always
    Last edited by ChloeLovesLex; 30th April 2010 at 04:13.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Thanks for your lovely feedback, Adele. Hope to be reading from you too soon. *winks*
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Very bittersweet. I love that they can't seem to stay away from each other, but I hate that they deny their feelings and deny themselves a chance at more than secret sexual encounters because of Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by ripsconscullmin View Post
    Very bittersweet. I love that they can't seem to stay away from each other, but I hate that they deny their feelings and deny themselves a chance at more than secret sexual encounters because of Clark.
    I wish they opened their eyes too and forgot about the damn farmboy. Who knows? Since they're definitely coming back for more I want to believe not everything's lost yet.
    Last edited by lexie; 25th May 2010 at 02:37.

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Members

" I wish I could read what’s going through your mind now, when you’re with me in this room, open to me in the most primitive of ways and yet close in the one way that really matters. "
    Loved that line.

Thanks, darling. It's one of my favourites too. It reflects what their relationship's like and what they long the most and daren't put in words.
    Last edited by lexie; 3rd August 2010 at 23:01.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

My confession, Lexie, is that I've clicked on your stories a few times but always get intimidated by the long paragraphs before I can really start to read your stories. It's not anything wrong with your writing, of course - just a problem with my pitiful attention span. But since you're always so wonderful about supporting other writers on the site, I made myself get over my hang-up and read this.

I really like the haunting, poignant mood of it. It's not easy to do poignancy without sentimentality, but you've really captured that here. This scenario is perfect Chlex - the bond, the hopelessness, and the inevitability. And I really love this line . . .

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    I look out of the window at the city underneath-your city- and wonder what I'm doing here yet again. I'd promised myself I wouldn't give in to this inexplicable force that pulls me like a magnet to you and your dangerous games.
    Now if you ever feeling like catering to my irrational needs and want to write me a short story in shorter paragraphs with the same kind of non-sentimental poignancy as this one, I'd be your best friend forever!

Thanks for posting this and for all your support of Chlexers!

Quote Originally Posted by Zannie View Post
    My confession, Lexie, is that I've clicked on your stories a few times but always get intimidated by the long paragraphs before I can really start to read your stories. It's not anything wrong with your writing, of course - just a problem with my pitiful attention span.
    Oh! You know, I'm a very quiet and reserved person but give me a pen and some paper and I get carried away. For a long while I didn't think short stories were my thing because I'm too verbose when it comes to writing and yet one-shots are the only type of stories I can manage during my teaching/tutoring year; long-fics are for my summer holidays, and I pile them up to share throughout the year.

But since you're always so wonderful about supporting other writers on the site, I made myself get over my hang-up and read this.
    I always leave feedback whenever I read something because I believe that the creative cycle is incomplete without that form of input and, as a writer, I know how discouraging seeing a neglected thread can be. Besides, I'm of the mind that giving back a little to those who help us dream and while away a few hours is part of what being a member of this community should entail. We're one big family and for it to stay alive and healthy there has to be communication between its members, and love- and feedback is definitely a form of love.

Let me tell you that finding out you've read and commented on this ficlet has been one of the most rewarding experiences on these forums. I've always treasured every little piece of feedback, from the one-liners to the more extensive reviews but yours has a very special meaning for me because I not only love your work as a Chlex fan that I am, I respect you and admire you as a writer.

I really like the haunting, poignant mood of it. It's not easy to do poignancy without sentimentality, but you've really captured that here. This scenario is perfect Chlex - the bond, the hopelessness, and the inevitability. And I really love this line . . .

Now if you ever feeling like catering to my irrational needs and want to write me a short story in shorter paragraphs with the same kind of non-sentimental poignancy as this one, I'd be your best friend forever!
    This is the kind of mood which I usually aim at with my one-shots, with the exception of The Christmas Gift and The Father He Never Was, perhaps; I don't know if I achieve it every time, but I certainly do my best.. You can blame the angst which pervades them on the time of the month they are often written *wink*.

I think there will be more fics like this one in the future if my schedule remains as hectic as the present one.However, now that you've dared get over your hang-up, you might have a look at the other one-shots I've posted to see if you find them as poignant and worthy as this one; there are quite a good bunch of them. (You shouldn't have indulged me. Now I'll hunt you down.ROTFL). You can find a master list in my signature.

Thanks for posting this and for all your support of Chlexers!
    You're welcome. It's so nice to be able to spread some Chlexy loving.
    Last edited by lexie; 4th August 2010 at 22:17.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

I love how you aptly describe them, "junkies" and "two pieces of a puzzle".

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

Sad
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information