+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting The Obvious (PG-13)

Miss Innocent-Or? 2005 Senior Member ColumbiaBlue's Avatar

Fighting The Obvious (PG-13)

Title: Fighting The Obvious
    Author: ColumbiaBlue
    Rating: PG-13 (for language and crap like that)
    Summary: The title states it all. Chloe fights her ever growing feelings for Lex. (forgive the awful summary&#33
    Disclaimer: Nope, don't own nuttin'.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Chapter One

Lex Luthor sat in the Talon staring blankly at his lap top. This was pointless. He'd been sitting there for over an hour with the curser blinking at him and an empty screen. He leaned back in his chair and squeezed his eyes shut. Maybe if he blinked hard enough, the screen would magically fill with words. Hey, it could happen. It was Smallville after all. He opened his eyes only to be met again with the blank screen. Dammit. He let out a frustrated breath and looked around the cafe. Clark was up at the counter trying to woo who else but Lana and Pete was womanizing yet another Smallville high bimbo. Not that he'd talk to Pete anyone.

The front door opened and in breezed Chloe with a rather perturbed look on her face. She glanced around the Talon , her eyes landing on Clark, and marched over there.

"Hey Chloe." Clark greeted, smiling.

"Don't 'hey Chloe' me, you ass."

A look of confusion crossed Clarks features.

"And don't give me that look Clark. You've really dug you yourself into an elephant sized hole this time."

"Chlo, what are you talking about?" He asked.

"Objection! The familiar cuteing of my name implies that we like each other right now!" She exclaimed.

"What's going on?"

"Oh... do you recall agreeing to stop by a certain friend's house to fix her LEAKING sink that is currently flooding her bathroom?!"

The look of confusion was quickly replaced with an expression of guilt. "Sorry about that... It's just that Lana ne-"

"Don't even start Clark." Chloe interrupted. "There's always an excuse and it usually has something to do with Lana."

"No, you don't understand..."

"I understand! All I do is understand! And I'm tired of it! This is the third time you've stood me up this week for Lana! Now I realize that you feel the need to constantly be her knight in shining armour, but I can't take it anymore!"

"I'm really sorry." Clark sighed.

"You're always sorry Clark. And I'm sick of it. I'm sick of hearing your empty apologies because if you were really sorry, this wouldn't be happening. You wouldn't keep putting Lana above everything and everyone else."

"So I'll come fix it now."

"Don't bother." With that, Chloe turned on her heel and started towards the door.

Chapter Two

Lex shut his lap top quickly and shoved it in his bag. He stood up and then followed Chloe outside.

"So, Ms. Sullivan... I hear you're having pluming issues," he called after her casually.

Chloe turned around and raised an eyebrow at him. "You and everyone else in the Talon. Sorry if I distracted you."

"It was a welcome disruption. You saved me from more procrastinating."

"Lex Luthor procrastinating? Wow. The world must be coming to an end."

"Must be," he replied shrugging his shoulders.

Chloe let out a sigh, watching her breath materialize into a white cloud in the late November air.

"Bad day?" Lex asked suddenly.

Chloe laughed a little, adjusting the shoulder strap tp her messenger bag. "How could you tell?"

"I think it was the rain cloud that followed you in. So your sink's leaking?"

"Yes. Like Niagra Falls. If I don't get it fixed soon I'm going to be responsible for creating the sixth Great Lake."

"Ahh, I can see it now. 'Lake Chloe.' Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"

She laughed again. "Yeah well... I have a feeling my dad won't be to thrilled when he finds out. Clark was supposed to fix it but-"

Lex held up a hand. "Say no more. I heard everything."

"Was I really that loud?"

"No. I was evesdropping."

"Never pegged you as an evesdropper Lex," she deadpanned.

"Never pegged you as the type to care Chloe," he retorted.

"Who says I do?"

"I can fix your sink you know."

There went her eyebrows again. He was acting rather strange. "You?"

"Yes. Me."

"Right. That's funny."

"I'm serious. I've had leaky sinks before."

"Don't you have people to fix that kinda crap for you?"

"Well, yeah but... What kind of person would I be if I relied on someone else to do everything for me?"

Chloe stood there, wide eyed. Did that REALLY just come out of his mouth? So the masses we wrong. Lex Luthor was human after all.

"Chloe... why are you looking at me as if I've grown a third ear on my forehead?"

"No reason," she replied quickly. "So, say I trust you with fixing my sink and you end up flooding my bathroom? Then what?"

"I'm not going to flood your bathroom."

"Hypothetically then. What if?"

Lex sighed with a hint of frustration. "Then I would hire someone to fix your sink and pay for any other damages. Happy?"

"It works."

"Okay then, I'll follow you." Lex started towards his car.

"Wait, wait, wait. You're coming to fix it now. As in, right this second?"

"Yeah. That's generally what 'right now' meant Chloe. Why?"

"Oh, no reason," she replied quickly. 'Except for the massive pile of dirty laundry in my room and the underwear that's sure to be lying around everywhere.

"Let's go then." Lex spoke up.

The two headed to their respectful cars and drove off to Chloe's house.

Chapter Three

Chloe opened the door to her house, rushed up the stairs, and into her room. She grapped the pile of laundry and shoved it in her closet, then surveyed the floor for any article of clothing Lex shouldn't see. She opened the door to the connecting bathroom bathroom to be greeted with a puddle of water covering the entire floor.

"Oooh yeah. I see what you mean. Lake Chloe, here we come." Lex's voice spoke up from behind her.

She turned around quickly and then realized that she was holding a red bra. She quickly tired to hide it from Lex's view.

"I see you tried to fix it already." Lex pointed to the box of tools by the sink. He squeezed past her into the bathroom. "Red and lace, huh Chloe?" He added softly.

She knitted her eyebrows together in question of that he was talking about when it clicked. Dammit, he'd seen her bra. She could feel her face turn scarlet. "I'll go get some towels," she mumbled, tossing her bra aside and leaving her room.

She was gathering up as many towels as she could when Lex appeared. "Here, let me help you."

She turned around to see him with his sleeves to his light blue dress shirt rolled up to his elbows, the top two buttons undone, and barefoot. The towels fell onto the floor, forgotten as she stared at him. Thoughts that really shouldn't have been associated with her dad's BOSS were running rabid through her mind.

Lex bent down to pick up the fallen towels. God he smelled good. What was wrong with her? She shook her head, trying to snap herself out of the trance like state she was in and grabbed more towels from the cabinet.

They went into the bathroom and began laying the towels down onto the floor.

"What else do you want me to do?" Chloe asked as Lex laid down under the sink.

"Nothing. I've gotten this taken care of."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. Maybe you should look around you room for anything else you don't want me to see. I think I saw a blue bra over by your bed," he smirked at her from his position on the floor. She didn't know if she wanted to smack him for that comment or jump him. She huffed and went into her room, cleaning up a little.

Bastard. There really was a blue bra over by her bed.

"Hey Chloe." Lex spoke up from the bathroom a little while later.

"Oh dear God, don't tell me. You made it worse," she exclaimed rushing over to the dathroom doorway.

"No. I was just going to ask where your dad was?"

'Fishing trip with Mr. Kent. They left yesterday and won't be back until tomorrow night."

"A weekened all alone and you didn't throw a massive party?"

Chloe laughed. "I couldn't throw a massive party even if I wanted too, which, I don't."

"When I was your age, I threw parties whenever I could."

"And that right there is the major difference between you and me Lex."

"Hey, I said when I was your age."

"When you were my age, you were sneaking into clubs and getting to know the Metropolis police."

"Very true. But, I've changed me ways."

"Yeah, now that you dad has exiled you to Crapville."

"True again. But think of it this way. If I hadn't been exiled here then Clark wouldn't of introduced us so I would not be here fixing your sink. Thus leaving you to watch in fear as the water in your bathroom got deeper and deeper."

Chloe raised an eyebrow at him. "Drama queen," she mumbled, crossing her arms and leaning against the door frame.

Lex sat up with an amused look on his face. "Did you just call me a drama queen?"

"That I did. What are you going to do about it?"

Lex smirked at her and tossed the wrench aside. He stood up so he was towering over her and looked down.

"I may be shorter than you are but that doesn't mean shit. So come off it already."

Lex let out a little laugh and relaxed. Chloe's eyes widened and her mouth dropped open.

"Did Lex Luthor just laugh Oh my God. Where's a tape recorder when I need one?"

"Contrary to popular belief, I do smile, laugh, and even enjoy myself on occasion."

"Are you saying you're enjoying fixing my sink?"

"Your sink is fixed."

"Then what are you still doing here?"

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were trying to get rid of me Sullivan."

"I'm not trying to get rid of you. But why would you want to hang around here when you've got far more important things to do."

"Who says hanging around with you isn't important?"

Chloe gave him an odd look. There was no possible way that Lex fucking Luthor was standing right in front of her saying this stuff. Nope. Wasn't happening.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah. Fine. Why do you ask?"

"I dunno... You just seem a little... not you."

"Not me?"

"Yeah. Like fixing my sink. Not that I'm ungreatful or anything but, it's just a little out of character for you."

"What are you saying?"

"There has to be an ulterior motive."

Lex smirked, raising his eyebrows at her. "There's the Chloe Sullivan I know. Cynical as all hell, always assuming the worst."

"What do you want with me?"

He smirked again and pulled on his socks and shoes. He grabbed his coat and started down the stairs.

"Dammit Lex, answer me!"

He laughed again and turned around to look at her. "I don't want anything from you."

Then why did you do this?"

"Honestly?"

"Yes, honestly."

"I'm attracted to you Chloe." With that, he turned around and left, leaving Chloe standing at the top of the stairs, stunned.

TBC...

:yay2:

demoness
    You go girl! I'ts a great start, i've been waiting forever for Chloe to tell clark off for good.

Great job, hope you continue soon! :

Tandy

NS Senior Member Senior Member TheConfusingWorldOfJustin's Avatar
    Ya, nice beginning.

Is Lex gonna get Chloe to write whatever stupid thing he has to do, lol. :biggrin: After seeing that, I would just let her be. I wouldn't of want to get chewed out too.

-JJ

Yes, I am that Fabulous Senior Member tigerbaby's Avatar
    Yes,! *punches fist in air* Thank god our girl Chloe is back. Consider me addicted if there's more of that coming.

Heh heh heh, and he can't pull that blasted jealously card again.

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    Woot! You go Chloe! More soon please.

NS Full Member
    Love the Clark verbal butt kicking!

Ya know, I think Chloe was more in-character just then, than she has been in the entire last season of SV.

NS Full Member
    That was great! Loved Chloe finally getting fed up with Clark's Lana worship and letting him have it. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Susan S

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :biggrin: *GRIN* I think I love this story allready! Chloe chewing out clark was fantastic! more more more!!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    You go Girl :clap:

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

see spot snark Senior Member happy bunny's Avatar
    :heart: Love it! :heart: Bout damn time she did that, if you ask me. Can't wait for more. I'm intrigued as to how Lex is going to come into this story. So post more soon.

Like now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information