View Poll Results: Which was your favorite story?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Story One

8 32.00%
  • Story Two

1 4.00%
  • Story Three

2 8.00%
  • Story Four

2 8.00%
  • Story Five

1 4.00%
  • Story Six

4 16.00%
  • Story Seven

1 4.00%
  • Story Eight

1 4.00%
  • Story Nine

5 20.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Fanfic Challenge - #4 September 2009 - "Who's your daddy?" - Winner: Kitten

Re: Monthly Fanfic Challenge - #4 September 2009 - "Who's your daddy?"

Story Ten - Voting ineligible

Lionel Luthor smiled slightly. It was an odd thing to do given that he was standing in a courthouse, waiting for his trail to resume. And yet he couldn’t deny that he was pleased as he watched his son standing close to his partner is crime - or exposing it - his hand resting comfortingly on the shoulder of the small blond.

As Lex looked up, Lionel waved him over, wanting a moment with the boy before they became adversaries once again.

“It’s fascinating, isn’t it,” he asked as Lex joined him, but his gaze was on fiercely determined figure of Chloe Sullivan. “It’s as if she were born to be a Luthor.”

He knew Lex wouldn’t take the words as the compliment that they were. He also knew that they were more true than he would ever know; ever be allowed to know.

Chloe Sullivan – but not a Sullivan by birth, she was one of the seventeen surviving children from Project Juno. Begun soon after the birth of his son, it was designed to create for Lex the perfect mate. Lionel had worked too hard to build all that he had from nothing, to amass the vast amount of wealth and power he wielded, to place the fate of his empire at the mercy of a young man’s hormones and random attraction.

To that end, he had assembled a team of leading scientists in the field of genetics and set about engineering a myriad of women, all designed to be attract his son on a basic, biological level, while each having distinct traits that would suit whatever turn his personality took. Composed of two generations of subjects, there were those crafted at the beginning of Lex’s life and those designed when he was five years old and had begun to show the unique facets of his nature.

Brunettes, blonds, red-heads; tall and winsome to small and voluptuous; there were a wide assortment of specimens to play to a young man’s baser desires. But more importantly were the various character types, the personalities of the subject. From passive acceptance to aggressive dominance, they covered the spectrum. For, although Lionel had every hope that Lex would choose a strong woman who would fortify the Luthor gene pool, he had to be prepared should he choose poorly and attach himself to one who would dilute the drive and intelligence, the cunning and instinct that had made their family a force to fear.

And, should Lex be drawn to such a weak partner, Lionel had ensured, by crafting his own, that her genes would remain passive. In doing so, he guaranteed himself of untainted grandchildren with which to begin again.

Throughout the years, Lionel had exposed his son to the women that he had shaped. He’d been drawn to all on the most basic of physical levels, yet few had stood the test of time and developed into deeper relationships. Those that had had ended badly – in emotional implosions, murder attempts, or Lex’s eventual cool dismissal. And as the numbers dwindled, Lionel had had no choice but to exile him to Smallville and tempt him with the final two women made entirely for him – Chloe Sullivan and Lana Lang.

Two more different specimens there could not have been and Lionel knew that his choice would reveal the truth of his nature, the strength of his character. And it was clear to him, as he stood watching his son’s eyes continuously stray back to the blond, that his choice had been made. Of course, Lex seemed unaware of his subconscious decision, but it did not escape Lionel’s notice that he had spent all of his time in Smallville pushing the fragile brunette away; either by foisting her off on the Kent boy or by helping her in her move out of the country. And yet the feisty blonde he had searched out for the intellect that let her see beyond the illusion of small town innocence, and now had bound her to him with vows of protection and promises of partnership.

Despite all of Lex’s both romantic and sexual exploits, it was the deepest relationship he had ever shared with a woman. No one had ever stood beside him, ever offered to be a harbor in the stormy existence that was his birthright as the bright young reporter had.

As if to prove the point, Lex cut into his musings, “If you touch her, I’ll kill you.”

Lionel could see that he meant it and, quite frankly, he couldn’t have been happier. Despite the trouble she had caused him, he knew that Chloe’s genes were strong and would enhance his line for generations to come.

He watched as Lex’s eyes soften and turned to see Chloe, a tender and concerned look for his son lighting her features before she turned to shoot daggers in his direction in what was clearly a threat as serious as Lex’s has been. And he knew it was genuine; wasn’t fool enough to underestimate her again.

As Lex turned to leave, Lionel called to him, “I’d wish you good luck, son; but it seems that, where it matters, you no longer need it.”

The look of confusion that that met his declaration brought a smile to his face as he settled into his seat. And who knew, if they all lived through the coming conflict, maybe he’d have those grandchildren sooner than he’d thought.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Congratulations to everyone! There have been some very creative entries this month. And I must say, Sarah, that it´s a real pity we can´t vote for yours because it´s one of my favourites.It appears the medication didn´t knock you out completely. (I hope you´re doing better, by the way).
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Story One:
    This was completely AU, which is something that I only rarely like. But it was absolutely adorable and well-done. I really enjoyed reading it. ROTFLMAO! That image of both Clark and Lex meeting up with Chloe for a ‘special dinner’, only to discover that she wanted to discuss their dogs… priceless! LOL!

Story Two:
    Woah! I stopped watching Smallville a while back, so I really don’t know how and why the ‘relationship’ between Chloe and Brainiac got started… but I loved the spin you put on it. This fic was creepy, unnerving and absolutely thrilling. I loved seeing Chloe as a ruthless, evil, controlling viper… especially from Lex’s point of view as one of her favourite chew-toy victims.

It was also really tragic because I thought I could sense a small part of Chloe inside of this ‘possessed Chloe’ struggling to break through the persona that Brainiac has shaped her into. And I can see Lex sensed that ‘small true part’ of Chloe within as well. Creepy, thrilling and tragic all at the same time. What a lovely ficlet!

Story Three:
    Lex was an absolute bastard in this fic… but I can’t love reading him even when he’s being an evil, controlling bastard. It really unnerved (and outraged me) seeing Lex claiming that he didn’t rape Chloe, when in fact he did everything short of inserting his penis into her during his violation of her body. Drugging a girl and shoving your sperm into her through clinical methods is still rape, and Chloe knows it too!

But I LOVED seeing Chloe immediately snapping herself out of an approaching hysterical fit, and then assessing the situation for the advantages it could bring her. LOL! Oh, Lex! You bit off more than you can chew over here! Chloe is going to Make. You. Suffer. for what you did to her!

Story Four:
    This was quite a depressing story. I was really upset that we only got to read Chloe through her ‘open after my death’ letter. I missed her! But, despite her absence, there was a fair amount of drama here with Joseph suddenly announcing, at the opportune moment, that he was Chloe’s son. Lex’s shock was quite fun to read.

Story Five:
    This story was quite strange and complicated, but really interesting. There’s honestly too much plot here for a little ficlet, and I think it might have worked better as a slightly longer story. I find myself really curious about the background details of this fic… such as why Lex’s former wife played mind-games with him, and how the vials got mixed up and everything. This ficlet left me wanting for more, and I loved it for that!

Story Six:
    Oooh, excellent! I was completely psyched out at the beginning thinking it was Lex who had accidentally stumbled upon Chloe. I don’t know whether the fic was planned that way, but it was immensely fun finding out I had been faked out.

The ending was both tragic and delightful. Delightful obviously because Lex and Chloe were so darned happy together! And tragic because it was really a shame to see the lovely Chlark friendship broken up into such tattered pieces. What a shame… and what a lovely poignant story!

Story Seven:
    Awww so lovely! It’s not made specifically clear exactly why Chloe ran away from Lex upon finding out about her pregnancy… so I really don’t know whether it’s possible for them to work out the issues that caused her to run away. But I can hope for a happy ending, can’t I?

Heh… good old Lionel… he can always be counted on to throw some weasels into the sack, eh? LOL!

Story Eight:
    Wow! This was an amazing ficlet! I LOVED the clever concept of using the ‘who’s you daddy’ question, not on Lex’s child, but on Lex himself. I also loved the explanation that Lex derived from the truth… about how and why Lionel treated his son more like a social experiment rather than an extension of his family. I guess Lex never really gained the status of a truly beloved son in Lionel’s heart and mind… he was viewed (and treated) as an acquisition that Lionel had bought or bartered for from somewhere. I loved reading it!

Story Nine:
    I really hope you continue with your resolve to continue this with a sequel, because it’s a VERY interesting premise. It’s quite interesting that Lex is so attached to the child already even though he doesn’t really feel any (conscious) attraction towards it’s mother.

Oooh, and I LOVED the idea that a little piece of Zod is still in Lex, and probably still prodding his actions in subtle ways. I have no idea what Zod has planned from this point onwards, and but I can’t wait to find out!

Story Ten:
    I’m really not sure why this story is not eligible for voting, but it’s quite a shame because it would have made my choice easy for me. I REALLY enjoyed the ludicrous and surreal feel of this fic. ROTFL! Oh dear heavens, the very idea of Lex meeting up with genetically engineered women one at a time, and not being aware that all of them were especially designed for him. I can’t believe Lionel arranged that!!! The evil, control-freak bastard!!!

I especially loved how it was made clear that both Lana and Chloe were ‘the last two’ of the genetically designed women… AND that Lionel was judging Lex’s character according to which woman was picked in the end. Lana would have given birth to brilliant off-spring, but Lex would have still lost an irrevocable part of his father’s respect.

AND, you can’t forget the ‘nurturing’ part of raising a child… Lana might have given birth to genetically perfect kiddies, but her weaker personality would have hampered their development as compared to Chloe-kids!

Heee! What a fun, brilliant fic! I loved it!

Its always so difficult to choose between the awesome entries here! I have to make comment on my favourites...

I love the fun of Story #1 with the confusion over the dogs pregnancy - that was an inspired idea! lol

Story #6 was interesting because I was sure Lex had found Chloe, and then suddenly we find its Clark, and Lex is the father of Chloe's daughter. Can't help loving the cruel trick inadvertantly played on the boy of steel!

I think Story #8 was clever, a different idea because most people went for a Chlex baby with another possible father. Lionel not being Lex's Dad would explain his harsh treatment, and the ehole thing was handled very well in this fic.

Then there is Story #9 - wow! I always thought Lex-Zod should've faced off with Chloe, and she would have been a much better partner for him that the pink princess! Loved this idea, and hope that (win or lose) the author does write more!

And Sarah, your fic [Story#10] was so great! We should be able to vote for it, though I do see why you would feel wrong about that. Excellent fic, in spite of your illness. Lionel is just twisted enough to do that, and Lex was always going to choose Chloe

Now, I just have to pick one fic to actually vote for...

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Tough choice this time around. I would just like to say that in skauble's story, Lionel was a crafty little devil and I love him all the more for it. Should Lex have chosen the weak Lana, it's good to know none of her genes would have passed on to the Luthor children. Good that Lex did everyone a favor and was clearly choosing Chloe. I was scared for a moment when Lionel said it was almost as if she was born to be a Luthor. I thought you were deliberately ignoring my request that no story reveal Chloe and Lex to be related so as to save my sanity (I know how you like to destroy it). Much better that Lionel is a manipulative (and magnifiscent) bastard as he always should be. Now I want to know if Lex will ever find out the truth and how would he feel about the love of his life (and various other girlfriends) being made specifically for him. Would he be appalled or grateful? Technically, he still had a choice, he was just choosing from someone else's made to order catalog.

Fan Artist, Fanfic Lover Senior Member Esther25jm's Avatar

I want to congratulate all the nominees on their wonderful stories. You all did a splendid job! Skauble, truly loved your story, thanks for adding it although we couldn't vote for it. Great job everyone and good luck!!

NS Junior Member

Sarah, I'm so glad you shared yours, it was awesome!!!! It was in my top 3

No charge for awesomeness

I really enjoyed this month's entries. I voted for number 4 this go round, but as usual I had a rough time chooosing which one. Numbers 6 & 8 had me as well.

Great job ladies!!! Keep writing.

Well, another challenge has come and gone and this months winner is -

Kitten!

Congratulations on an excellent story.

I'd like to thank all of the authors for their hard work - you have all been wonderful about making these challenges a success.

I'd also like to thank the people who take the time to vote. I'm hoping to increase the number of voters in this next challenge because this is the best reward that our authors have for writing.

Stay tuned, folks, because the next challenge will be up tonight.

~Sarah~

Fishin' for brains Senior Member Avalanche's Avatar
    In the best state in this here Union, which is of course, Texas

Congratulations, kitten!
    Fanfiction Master List

“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.”
    Oscar Wilde

My milkshake bringeth all ye gentlefolk to the yard, and they're like it's better than thine, verily its better than thine, I could teach you but I must levy a fee...

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control; and, at times, hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information