+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Fanfiction Challenge #1 - "A Smallville Wedding" - June 2009 - Winner: kimbo

Re: Vote Monthly Fanfiction Challenge #1 - "A Smallville Wedding"

Story #10

Is Today Okay? 1/1
    One shot: Wedding Challenge
    Pairing: Chlex
    Category: AU, Romance
    Rating: PG:13
    Summary: This was his fourth Marriage, second marriage to a doctor.

Desiree Atkins and Alexander J Luthor’s joyfully invite you to share in their happiness as they united in marriage…..

The first time she had came to him on that bright and early Friday afternoon as he prepared for his wedding. He couldn’t stop the large smile from forming onto his lips as he thought about his wife to be. Finally, he would have the happiness he had been yearning for all these years. Finally, he would be able to have the family he always wanted.

His hands shook from the excitement of the day as he tried to fix his tie. He glanced in the mirror and paused as he noticed his wasn’t the only reflection he saw. He lowered his hands and slowly turned, surprised to see Chloe Sullivan standing in the doorway of his office.

“Ms. Sullivan?” He asked. “Why aren’t you with the rest of the guests?”

Chloe bit her lip as she stared at him. She looked away for a long moment before looking back at him with a frown.

His stared at her warily. “Chloe?” He said and she seemed to jump when he used her name. Her frown disappeared. “Are you alright?” He asked.

He watched as her face slowly transformed, seemingly quietly coming to terms with something he couldn’t understand.

She made her way towards him.

“Uh-” He trailed off and eyed her warily. “Chloe? What-” He was cut off by her soft lips were against his own.

Two thoughts occurred the moment she kissed him. One, he was getting married! Two, she was only sixteen.

This was wrong. Just wrong. His hands fumbled to grab her and push her away, but before he could she released him.

He could only stare at her, his expression stunned.

She grinned up at him. “Well, congrats Lex and good luck!” She turned and quickly hurried out of his office.

“So you’re finally a married man.” Clark commented and Lex nodded with a bright smile.

He glanced back at his wife. “Yeah. I am.” His eyes slid over toward his wife and he felt his heart flutter. His smile faded as he caught sight of Chloe, who was watching him with a small knowing smile. He swallowed idly wondering how many years one gets in jail for kissing a sixteen year old.

He shuddered when she waved at him.

You’re Cordially invited to the wedding of Helen Bryce and Alexander J. Luthor….

Chloe hadn’t been invited to the second wedding. Lex had never forgotten that first “Incident” that occurred during his first wedding and he wasn’t taking the risk again.

Little did he know that know that risk was something he couldn’t avoid.

The priest had told him it would start in ten minutes.

Of course he wasn’t nervous. But, something felt off.

“So, are you really going to marry her?”

Lex turned, startled. His eyes widened as he stared at Chloe.

“How did you even-” He trailed off and shook his head. “Are you kidding me?”

This was stalking. This was strange. It was more strange that he wasn’t annoyed.

“What are you doing here?” he finally asked, but she just shrugged and moved further into the room.

“That doesn’t matter.” She said solemnly. She sighed and leaned over. She kissed his cheek.

“Good Luck.” She whispered in his ear.

Weeks later, while lying on a deserted island that he allowed himself the luxury of thinking about a certain green eyed blonde.

You are invited to share in the union of Lana Lang and Alexander J Luthor….

Two homicidal wives later he found himself on the precipice of another marriage. A marriage that will undoubtedly fail before the first month.

He ran a hand over his tired face as he once again contemplated the point of this ceremony.

So distracted was he that he hadn’t noticed the other object of his thoughts had made an appearance until he heard the sound of her shoes hit the tile. He glanced up from his hands, unsurprised to see Chloe Sullivan standing before him.

She looked beautiful, as usual. Dressed in the bridesmaid’s dress, wearing the necklace he had sent to her just days before his own wedding.

He smirked.

She glared at him. “Lana?” She asked and he only shrugged.

“Why not?” He asked and wrapped his hands around her arms.

She yelped as he suddenly pulled her forward and pressed his lips up against her own in a fierce passionate kiss.

She wasted no time in returning his kiss. She moaned as she cupped his face in her hands. Her mouth opened up against his and their tongues immediately brushed against each other.

Lex’s hands moved from her arms to cup her own face. His tongue brushed hers again and he lost the battle of trying to hold back his groan.

She suddenly pulled away from him, the force of her movement causing her to stumble backward a few inches. They both silently stared at each other for a long moment.

Finally she looked away and back again, a small smile on her face. “Good luck Lex. You’re certainly going to need it.”

Of course. She had been right.

You have been happily invited to join in the union between Lacey Caldwell and Alexander J. Luthor

This was his fourth marriage, second marriage to a doctor

This time there were no words. Nothing. Just a meeting of hungry needy mouths. Mouths that fought for claim and dominance. She was an amazing kisser and he wanted more, but of course he didn’t get what he want.

It was over all too soon and she left him with no words this time. She left him, pulsing and burning with need that could only be described as all consuming.

But still, he would get married. As much as he wanted to he knew he would not be pursuing her.

This time, he was married for a whole three years before his wife had succumbed to homicidal rage.

It was a Thursday evening when he ran into her at Luthorcorp Plaza. Well he didn’t run into her per say so much as followed her from her high rise apartment from the moment she left it.

She looked gorgeous. Dressed in an Armani dress. She had grown her hair longer, past her shoulders since the three years he’d last seen her face to face. Her job at the planet, he noted, was doing her well.

“You’re an extraordinary woman Ms. Sullivan.”

He hadn’t exactly meant to say that, but it was the first thing that came to mind as he stared down at her.

She only raised an eyebrow.

He sighed and fought to roll his eyes. “You know you can stand to say a few more words to me.”

She smiled at this. “I’m sorry about your wife.”

He raised an eyebrow. “Ex-wife.” He corrected.

She laughed and he smiled at the wonderful sound.

“Those first two times you came to me-” He trailed off when she looked away from him.

“Those were--experiments.” She said cautiously. “I was young and curious and stupid.”

“Hmm.” He said. “And the other two?”

She merely smiled up at him.

It was strange for Lex. To feel this way about someone he only shared a few short stolen moments of kissing with.

“I think- I understand.” He said very softly.

She looked up at him unblinkingly. “Yeah?”

He nodded and pulled out a small envelope. He handed it to her.

He watched as she slowly opened the beige envelope and pulled out the card that read:

You have been cordially invited to attend Chloe Sullivan and Alexander J. Luthor’s wedding.

She laughed and glanced up at him with a wry smile. “And you just assumed that I would say yes?”

Lex only shrugged. “I don’t assume things Chloe. I know. Incase you haven’t noticed the date marked on that invitation is today.”

She nodded dumbly. “I’ve noticed.” She visibly swallowed.

Lex reached for her hand, relieved when she didn’t pull away. “Is today okay?”

She slowly smiled and leaned up to kiss his cheek. “Today is great.”

END

It is so hard to choose, because so many of these fics are amazing pieces of writing, but in the end I have to say...

Story #1 - just because it was so sweet, so fun, and so in character, and then...
    Story #4 - because I so didn't see the twist coming, and I love the unspoken promise of the Chlex that could come next

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

They are all wonderful little snipets of all kinds of people marrying others. But I guess my two choices are:

#1 - No. 10
    #2 - No. 8

Looking forward to seeing who comes out on top!

Most often found beating my head against the wall- in Michigan

They're all so great! It's really hard to choose. But my choices are-

#1- 1
    #2- 8

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Why just two? I´d rather rank them all making a top ten. Wouldn´t that have been fairer to everyone involved? Well, I liked them all, but due to the forums´ constraint I´ll have to limit my voting to...

#9 and #5.

Good job, girls!
    Last edited by lexie; 23rd June 2009 at 01:06.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

I'm finding it very difficult to choose but I'm going with:

1. Number 10
    2. Number 5
    Last edited by ThraceC; 23rd June 2009 at 01:52.

#1 choice is.... Number 4. Kind of O'Henry esque. Not really, but I like the twist.
    #2 choice is Number 9. Just cuz it's cute.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

It´s a draw between all the stories that have been voted so far.

Remember to read and cast your vote before the end of the month. It´d be nice to see everyone participate- the more the merrier.
    Last edited by lexie; 23rd June 2009 at 20:00.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

NS Full Member

1. Number 7
    2. Number 10

it was great reading those fics and it's just so difficult to pick... great writing everyone!!!
    that said my top two picks: 1. Story 10, 2. Story 3

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information