+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Secrets and Lies (PG-15) April15th, 2009 THANK YOU

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Re: Secrets and Lies (PG-15) March 4th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by purplemoon123
    So sad that Lex wasn't able to reunite with his dad. But at least he found out that both his parents loved him.
    I agree with this. Despite his lousy experience as Lionel´s son, he has the consolation of knowing he was wanted and loved by Lillian and Ian. Hopefully, this will help boost his self-esteem and his confidence in the realm of affections now that he has Chloe back in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I think this has got to be one of my favourites. The hopeful ending was lovely. I was sad to find out the Lex's father had passed away but that somehow seems appropriate because now he can hopefully shed the upbringing he had as Lionel's son wanting to please the man who he thought was his father and forge his own way in life.

Thank you for another amazing story.
    Thank you for your warm words, Linda. I´m really glad you enjoyed this fic that much, particularly because I decided to set part of it in Scotland and was afraid of putting my foot in it.
    Last edited by lexie; 23rd March 2009 at 18:22.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

This was such a hopefull, and just a beautiful ending lexie! Lovely job!

So sad about Lex's father being dead before he could even meet him, but at least he now knows that his real father loved and wanted him and his mother. *sniffle* I loved the scene with him and Chloe--the poor thing, all those tears and sorrow are making me mushy. Dammit! LoL!

Also, Chloe and Lex were right about Lucas too, he does deserve the money/shares, even though he's a total pig--he *is* the last real Luthor.

Great job on this story, I really enjoyed reading it and I'm sad to see it end!!

Just wanted to thank you for having nominated this fic and myself for the Fanfiction Awards. I didn´t make it to the finals, but I´m glad you considered my work worthy enough. Thanks for your faithful reading and reviewing.
    Last edited by lexie; 15th April 2009 at 22:53. Reason: Replace warning with a thank you

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Re: Secrets and Lies (PG-15) April15th, 2009 THANK YOU

finally got around to reviewing this fic. and as usual, you did not disappoint! the title is so aptly used for the story. i truly loved the way you weaved the stroy and revealed every secrets. and the ending did not disappoint! i like the open-ended nature. the possibilities, endless. great story!!!! loved every minute of it!!!

I´m glad you were able to finish reading this fic and that you found the ending satisfying. I opted for the open-ended epilogue because as things stood I would have to drag the story along to create the appropriate pacing for them to take their relationship to the next level.

I´m happy you´ve enjoyed unravelling the secrets and the lies plaguing Chloe and Lex´s lives.
    Last edited by lexie; 31st October 2010 at 19:25. Reason: grammar mistake

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Whoa..... talk about a ride. I'm eager to see where this is going. Tell me there's more soon? Right?

Honey, go to the bottom of this post and to the right you´ll find the way to "turn the pages over ". Press The word "First" to go to the beginning of the fic, then go to the bottom of the thread- immediately after the last post on that page you´ll find the numbers again that will let you go to the next page and so on. You´ve just started to read, the rest of the story´s already posted.
    Last edited by lexie; 2nd June 2009 at 07:29.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Well Lexie, what can I say. We all write about characters, but sometimes we get so caught up in being in-character we forget that they're human. Given to more diversity and depth. I'm used to Lex being in control having it his way, being sexy and on the prowl, but you gave him a human depth that is awe inspiring. You humanized him and it was a pleasure to see two characters become people.

I enjoy the hope you slowly nurtered in Chloe and Lex and it was heart felt (although the heartattack i nearly had with the 'i'm your brother' warrants warning - Damn girl!). I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm so glad you pointed me in the right direction so i can could read this. Now i'm off to go read more of your stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Frazi View Post
    Well Lexie, what can I say. We all write about characters, but sometimes we get so caught up in being in-character we forget that they're human. Given to more diversity and depth. I'm used to Lex being in control having it his way, being sexy and on the prowl, but you gave him a human depth that is awe inspiring. You humanized him and it was a pleasure to see two characters become people.
    I´m glad you perceived Lex´s humanity because that´s what I aimed to achieve when I wrote this fic. As much as I love his manipulative side I´ve always had a soft spot for his wounded self because it was his humanity and that frailty that he fights so hard to hide that captured me and helped me see him as so much more than a comic/cartoon character.

I enjoy the hope you slowly nurtered in Chloe and Lex and it was heart felt (although the heartattack i nearly had with the 'i'm your brother' warrants warning - Damn girl!). I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm so glad you pointed me in the right direction so i can could read this. Now i'm off to go read more of your stuff
    Oh, I love surprises! It was unexpected even to me. I suppose not planning every single detail before penning my stories helps with the unpredictable element I always try to include. If I had all the answers from the very beginning, I´m sure more than half of you would guess them before the ending and it would defeat the whole purpose.

I´m no Agatha Christie but I took her advice on writing mysteries- leave your options open and decide who did it on the last pages;it usually pays.

I hope you´ll enjoy my other works as much as this one. I´m still quite proud of my first attempts, but you´ll notice how much I´ve grown since those days. I´m looking forward to reading more stories from you as well; nothing makes you mature faster as an author than writing, writing and writing.
    Last edited by lexie; 3rd June 2009 at 05:15.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

A story worth reading over again! There are so many twists and turns that keeping up with them is a testament to great writing skills.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information