+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59

Thread: Paid Subscriptions - Information and Q&A

  1. #11
    Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Nov 2002
    Posts
    7,064

    Re: Paid Subscriptions - Information and Q&A

    Quote Originally Posted by letia84 View Post
    Upgrading to Gold.

    Thanks so much for the wonderful up keep of the site.
    Thanks! I appreciate it!

  2. #12
    Julie's Soul Sister
    Join Date
    11 Nov 2007
    Location
    Sherbrooke
    Age
    32
    Posts
    828

    Re: Paid Subscriptions - Information and Q&A

    Hmm Pondering Silver or gold...

    I got a new paypal account recently so I may subscribe soon...

    ETA: I just paid for silver one for a year!!

    Guess I'll have to stick around at least for another year *sigh*
    Last edited by MelBee1985; 5th February 2009 at 00:55. Reason: Typos

  3. #13
    Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Nov 2002
    Posts
    7,064

    Re: Paid Subscriptions - Information and Q&A

    Quote Originally Posted by MelBee1985 View Post
    Hmm Pondering Silver or gold...

    I got a new paypal account recently so I may subscribe soon...

    ETA: I just paid for silver one for a year!!

    Guess I'll have to stick around at least for another year *sigh*
    Yaaay! Thanks for the support!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

  4. #14
    Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Jan 2007
    Location
    In RL:Argentina. In my dreams: Lexland
    Age
    47
    Posts
    3,309

    Re: Paid Subscriptions - Information and Q&A

    Subscribed to the Silver option a little over an hour ago. I´ve chosen the monthly payment for the time being. and I´m already starting to enjoy the features.

    I suppose the colour of my username will change to silver once you´re back, Julie.

    Thxs to Esther25jm for creating the banner for me and to beeej for the avi

    A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

    ON HIATUS

    "Choices"May 30 '11

    "At Second Sight" August 21 '11

    PODFIC REQUESTS

    INTERVIEW

    VIDEOS

  5. #15
    Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!
    Join Date
    09 Mar 2009
    Location
    Caught in the RAAAAAAAAAIN
    Posts
    337

    Re: Paid Subscriptions - Information and Q&A

    Lexie, as long as your payment has gone through, you should be able to switch on the silver username in your CP. Choose Group Memberships under Networking on the menu running down the left side. You should get at least two options, and one will be 'identify me as a member of (NS Silver Membership) this group. If you're ad-free, this should work.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

  6. #16
    Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Jan 2007
    Location
    In RL:Argentina. In my dreams: Lexland
    Age
    47
    Posts
    3,309

    Re: Paid Subscriptions - Information and Q&A

    Quote Originally Posted by kitten View Post
    Lexie, as long as your payment has gone through, you should be able to switch on the silver username in your CP. Choose Group Memberships under Networking on the menu running down the left side. You should get at least two options, and one will be 'identify me as a member of (NS Silver Membership) this group. If you're ad-free, this should work.
    Thanks for your help. I´ve already changed the colour to identify myself as a member of the Silver Subscribers.

    A question. I know that Silver Subscribers are allowed to have an album of up to 500kb and 25 pics. Do I have to wait for Julie or can anyone tell me how to access it? Or has this feature been eliminated for this particular group? I don´t see the option appearing under Networking as it should. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by lexie; 15th July 2009 at 05:12.

    Thxs to Esther25jm for creating the banner for me and to beeej for the avi

    A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

    ON HIATUS

    "Choices"May 30 '11

    "At Second Sight" August 21 '11

    PODFIC REQUESTS

    INTERVIEW

    VIDEOS

  7. #17
    Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 2002
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    9,538

    Re: Paid Subscriptions - Information and Q&A

    Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Thanks for your help. I´ve already changed the colour to identify myself as a member of the Silver Subscribers.

    A question. I know that Silver Subscribers are allowed to have an album of up to 500kb and 25 pics. Do I have to wait for Julie or can anyone tell me how to access it? Or has this feature been eliminated for this particular group? I don´t see the option appearing under Networking as it should. Thanks in advance.
    Here is what I found in the fact section the link for the albums is under the Community section by the way:

    How do I use albums?
    As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.

    Each album can have a title ('Joe's Holiday to Nepal'), a description ('A bunch of photos from my recent adventure') and can be of three different types: Public, Private or Profile.
    • Public albums can be viewed by anyone
    • Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts (info)
    • Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile (info)
    How do I upload pictures?
    Once you've created an album you can upload images to it. Simply view the album and click on 'Upload Pictures'.
    You'll have the option to give each picture a caption, and to set one image as the Album cover, which will be displayed on the public profile. To delete an album or edit the title, description or album type, click on 'Edit Album'. To delete an image, or to edit a caption or change the album cover, click on 'Edit Pictures'.
    All members who have access to your album images can comment on them, in a similar way to Visitor Messages (more info). You can delete any image comments from your albums, and report inappropriate messages to moderators.
    When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.


    I am not sure if this would help. I hope it does.
    Last edited by hfce; 15th July 2009 at 21:12.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

  8. #18
    Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Jan 2007
    Location
    In RL:Argentina. In my dreams: Lexland
    Age
    47
    Posts
    3,309

    Re: Paid Subscriptions - Information and Q&A

    Quote Originally Posted by hfce View Post
    Here is what I found in the fact section the link for the albums is under the Community section by the way:

    How do I use albums?
    As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.

    Each album can have a title ('Joe's Holiday to Nepal'), a description ('A bunch of photos from my recent adventure') and can be of three different types: Public, Private or Profile.
    • Public albums can be viewed by anyone
    • Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts (info)
    • Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile (info)
    How do I upload pictures?
    Once you've created an album you can upload images to it. Simply view the album and click on 'Upload Pictures'.
    You'll have the option to give each picture a caption, and to set one image as the Album cover, which will be displayed on the public profile. To delete an album or edit the title, description or album type, click on 'Edit Album'. To delete an image, or to edit a caption or change the album cover, click on 'Edit Pictures'.
    All members who have access to your album images can comment on them, in a similar way to Visitor Messages (more info). You can delete any image comments from your albums, and report inappropriate messages to moderators.
    When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.


    I am not sure if this would help. I hope it does.
    Thanks, Hope, I saw all this yesterday- including the link under Community. The problem is there´s no such link as 'Pictures & Albums' in my control panel- even though as Silver Subscribers we´re supposed to be allowed to have one album (25 pics; 500kb). Well, I suppose I´ll have to wait until Julie gets back; maybe the thumbnail that shows what features each subscription offers hasn´t been updated and we´re no longer allowed to have an album

    Thxs to Esther25jm for creating the banner for me and to beeej for the avi

    A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

    ON HIATUS

    "Choices"May 30 '11

    "At Second Sight" August 21 '11

    PODFIC REQUESTS

    INTERVIEW

    VIDEOS

  9. #19
    Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 2002
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    9,538

    Re: Paid Subscriptions - Information and Q&A

    Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Thanks, Hope, I saw all this yesterday- including the link under Community. The problem is there´s no such link as 'Pictures & Albums' in my control panel- even though as Silver Subscribers we´re supposed to be allowed to have one album (25 pics; 500kb). Well, I suppose I´ll have to wait until Julie gets back; maybe the thumbnail that shows what features each subscription offers hasn´t been updated and we´re no longer allowed to have an album
    She does change a lot around. She might have disabled it. I guess you have to wait. Sorry girl.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

  10. #20
    Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Nov 2002
    Posts
    7,064

    Re: Paid Subscriptions - Information and Q&A

    Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    A question. I know that Silver Subscribers are allowed to have an album of up to 500kb and 25 pics. Do I have to wait for Julie or can anyone tell me how to access it? Or has this feature been eliminated for this particular group? I don´t see the option appearing under Networking as it should. Thanks in advance.
    Hey, first of all, thanks for subscribing to the silver subscription

    I think it should work now. For some reason the setting was set to a global OFF for the silver subscription group :S

    I'm having some problems with my internet connection, so sorry if I take some time to respond :/

    Let me know if it works or doesn't work now
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts