+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Crawling Back (NC-17) Chapter 20 08/01/2020

NS Full Member

Re: Crawling Back (R) Chapter 8 3/16/08

Sorry I didn't let a feedback on this story sooner.
    I like this fic.
    I really want to know where it will go.

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Crawling Back (R) Chapter 9 5/4/08

Chapter 9 Should Have Been (Chloe POV)

Sometimes you breathe easy but at the moment Chloe wasn’t.

Life was going by rather nicely the past few weeks. Emma was happy at school and was soon going to be starting work on a school play about the lunar eclipse. She was going to be the moon and couldn’t stop talking about it.

Work was going well. Her friends and family seemed to be at ease but Chloe was recently concerned with one friend in front of her. Lex always seemed be a concern these days.

He smiled as he slid a bag to her side of the table. They were supposed to be having lunch and talking about the finalized plans for their weekend trip. When Chloe arrived Lex had something with him at his side and now it was at hers.

“Are you going to tell me what’s in this bag?” Chloe eyed the over sized gift bag as she spoke. It was pale blue and the handles were tied off with a pale blue ribbon. It was impossible to see what was going on inside because of the tissue paper covering its contents.

He had a slight grin as if he was pleased with himself. “Just open it and see.” Lex took a sip of his water eyeing her over the rim of the water glass.

Chloe cocked her eyes at him and wasn’t about to take a gift from Lex. Why he was getting her anything made no sense. Things were better since his almost no show for dinner a few weeks ago.

Lex showed for the last three dinners. He was on time and ready for anything. Even when they were playing the puzzle game SET with Emma. Chloe was proud her Kitty Cat had mastered the visual perception game a few months ago. It was teaching her little one recognition, deduction and some math skills.

Lex thought it was easy until Emma’s stack of matches towered over his stack. She thought he’d blow up but some how he managed to keep his cool until Emma was off to bed. By then he was just embarrassed and claimed he would be ready the next time they played.

At the moment those fond new memories were being clouded by what was in the bag at her feet.

“It’s for Emma. I thought she could use it this weekend.” Lex added after he noted the stern shift in her eyes.

“What could she possible need?” Chloe looked down into the bag pulling off the ribbon then going for the tissue paper. Tucked away in the bag was a little equestrians dream.

A pair of riding boots stood to one side while on the other side was a riding cap, riding pants, riding jacket and then the worse of it was a short riding crop.

As Chloe surveyed the items Lex was watching and waited for his praises patiently. Taking a close look before speaking Chloe saw he managed to get the items in the right size.

“You don’t have to buy her things.” When she spoke it seemed to crush Lex a little. He was waiting for a thank you but Chloe was about scold him.

“I thought she would like it.” His what he said could be considered an understatement. Emma would love it but she didn’t want her to think Lex meant gifts.

“You have brought things to the apartment before for dinner and that’s alright but I don’t want her to think you will always be bringing her things.” Chloe knew this technique.

Lex had tried this before when she was hiding out from Lionel. When he would come to see her it was always with a gift or something he thought she might need while she was away. It was his reason to see her and after the first month she put a stop to it. She wanted to see Lex and he didn’t have to have gift bag with him when he came.

“I’m not trying to buy her affections Chloe.” He paused for moment as if he was trying to make himself believe what he said. “I want the weekend to be special for her that’s all.”

“That’s fine as long as you know that people can like you and it has nothing to do with your money.” Chloe knew exactly what it meant to want someone to want her for just her. She had that with Lex and then found it with Troy. Emma was warming to Lex quickly. Those feelings had nothing to do with how deep his pockets ran.

A small smirk started to form on his face as he leaned towards her. “Are you saying you don’t spend time with me because of my net worth?”

Chloe leaned in as well seeing where the joke was going. “Free lunch is great now and then but how many people can put up with you constantly disagreeing with them like I can?”

“I haven’t found anyone yet to fill that void.” Lex leaned back and for some reason the light hearted moment got very serious. He went for his menu to hide his face and kept what he was thinking to himself.

This was something that would surface sooner or later. The more time Chloe spent with Lex the more she could see what was different about him. When ever she saw him he had a stiff armor around. It wasn’t new to her but it seemed like he was more guarded than before. After a few moments he would loosen up but he was still hiding something behind his stormy blue eyes.

Topics about her life in New York were fine or how life was now that she had returned to Kansas. Anything about his marriages, his dealings with his father or anything that hinted to their past Lex avoided with her.

It was like he wanted to place himself into their friendship without giving up too much about himself. If things were going to stay as good as they were now he would have to start talking.

The tension started to build until the waiter showed his face. Lex lowered the menu and he was himself again. Once the waiter had left them Chloe gave him what he was looking for from before.

“Thank you for the gift. I’m sure she will love it.”

“I hope so.” He replied and that was the end of it.

The lunch went on fine with out any word to what silenced him for a brief moment.

The weekend came up on Chloe faster then she expected. Before she knew it they were heading back to Smallville. It was place that should have been full of tender thoughts but so many things there brought her only pain.

-------------}{------------

Chloe didn’t know why but Emma thought she was a singer. One day when she was older Chloe would let her Kitty Cat know that she couldn’t carry a tune unless things changed in the next few years with her voice.

The car ride from the city into to Smallville was longer then she remembered but the site of corn fields and cows had a calming affect on her. Even if Smallville was a place of so many bad things in her life on the outside no one would ever know.

Driving was her choice. Lex offered a car to get them. Then he had the great idea that they could fly in on the helicopter. She declined thinking it would be a fun trip for her and Emma but, as her little girl kept singing, Chloe wished it was over shadowed by the spinning of the helicopter blades.

Once they reached the manor Lex had learned from the past and actually had security. There were people at the gate that checked around her car and inside it before letting them through the gates.

Emma of course questioned the poor man about what he was doing. Chloe had to laugh a little. Something that Emma had inherited was Chloe’s need to seek out truth even in the smallest places.

As they pulled up to the main entrance Emma’s singing stopped and her eyes widened once she got a full view of the place. “It’s a castle.” She cried out.

“I told you it was big Kitty Cat.” Chloe glanced down at her and Emma’s mouth was gaping open. She had to reach down and inch it shut.

“Who else lives here?” Emma didn’t turn away from the sight before her as she spoke.

The answer to Emma’s question was easy but it was also sad. Other then the staff there was no one but Lex living in his castle. “Lex use to live here with his parents.” Her answer seemed easier than saying Lex lived there alone for so many years. Even when he was a child she was sure Lionel spent little time with him.

Chloe made the car come to a halt at front entrance and they were greeted by another guard. The guard led them to into their rooms. The moment she walked into the first room Lex had thought too much into this.

There was vase full of tulips; her favorite flower. They were given rooms that were linked by the bathroom. Chloe felt uneasy leaving Emma in the room alone but now that they were connected the problem was solved. It was a good feeling because no matter how large the bed was Emma seemed to take it over.

They were inside of the room all of five minutes before Emma went for something that could be broken. It was the vase holding another set of tulips in the room that was to be Emma’s.

She knew it was for Emma because a small step ladder was placed against the bed. Emma could leap up into the oversized king bed but Lex had thought of that already.

“Don’t touch that.” Chloe grabbed her hand before she put her tiny fingers around the very expensive vase. Emma frowned and Chloe had to set the ground rules right now.

“Emma, come on, lets sit on the bed.”

“I’m in trouble.” Emma sighed as she took her seat on the bed.

“No you’re not in trouble but we need to set some rules.” Chloe waited for her attention. Emma looked down at her hands and slowly her head rose. “Don’t touch anything in the house without asking first.” Chloe waited for the yes mommy but she knew that in an hour they would be having this talk again.

“Yes mommy. I have something I want to do.” Emma paused to lower her eyes and tried to trick Chloe into giving her something. “Can I jump on the bed?”

Chloe looked behind them; the bed did look perfect for jumping. This weekend was supposed to be about fun. The manor and Lex’s penthouse were going to be overwhelming for Emma. Chloe had to show her they could be fun places to be.

“Okay kick off your shoes first and I’ll jump with you.”

Emma squealed with excitement and did as she was told. The noise didn’t stop there because with each leap Emma got louder. This was what they needed to loosen things up. Chloe took her hands and started to cheer as well as they jumped up then landed softly on the mattress to repeat the process again.

“I see you are already having fun.” The sound of Lex’s voice came from the door.

They both froze to look at him. He was dressed in black slacks and a black button down shirt. She could tell he was in comfort mode because the top button was undone.

Chloe watched Emma react faster then she could and moved off the bed. “Mommy said it was okay.” She plead their case but she also sold out her own mother.

Chloe followed behind her moving off the bed. He didn’t look upset, he had his kid face on or that’s what Chloe called it. Lex wasn’t a person who smiled a lot but he did it for Emma. He always had small grin on for her.

“It’s alright Emma.” Lex looked down at her and he his smile widened. His comfort level with her was getting better the more he saw her. “I use to do it when I was younger.”

Emma giggled a little before answering. “It’s so much fun.”

He nodded once in agreement. “Let’s keep the fun going and go pick the movie for tonight.”

This was exactly what they went over during lunch. Friday night would be dinner and a movie then early Saturday Emma’s dream would come true and she would see the horses.

Planning things made it easier on Lex as to what to do. Spontaneous moments with Emma were hard for him. Right now was one of those moments but he had the plan to fall back on.

“I get to pick.” Emma started to leave. She was nearly out the door before she stopped. “I don’t know where to go?”

It was adorable watching her face come to the realization she was inside a maze. “Then wait for us.” Chloe shook her head then moved for the door. As she passed Lex she spoke softly. “I’m really sorry about the bed.”

“Really it’s alright.” He turned to leave with her reaching out for Emma’s hand. “Let me show you the way.”

Chloe followed behind them and just watched. Emma took Lex’s hand without hesitation. It was strange to see her this way. She had men in life thanks to Clark and her grandfather but she didn’t have her father anymore; she didn’t have Troy. To see her with Lex made Chloe’s heart ache a little at how much Emma had lost when Troy died.

She had to shake off these thoughts. It was great she had another person in her life that was interested in getting to know her. Only something struck her odd the rest of the weekend.

Whenever they were in a room together Lex wanted to be close to Emma. It was like he was spending time with Emma and Chloe was just coming along for the ride.

They picked the movie together smiling and laughing at Emma’s choices. Lex asked several questions about the lunar eclipse play over dinner. Then, Emma sat with Lex while they watched the movie.

The entire time Lex seemed to be in love with every moment of it. All of it could be Emma getting use to Lex but something else was happening.

After breakfast on Saturday Chloe dressed Emma up in her new riding outfit. She convinced Emma to leave the riding crop in the room. It was unnecessary since she had no idea what to do with it.

Lex greeted them in Emma’s room to walk with them to the stables. When they enter the stables there were people doing their jobs but someone was approaching them.

Lex knew just who she was and introduced them. “Claire this is Ms. Sullivan and our newest rider today Emma Sullivan.”

“Sullivan Kaplan.” Emma corrected him. Chloe knew how attached she was to her name. It was part of her daddy and it was part she wasn’t willing to give up.

Chloe smiled as if this was expected and she knew who this person was as well. “Hello Claire. Please call me Chloe and what are you here for?”

“Mr. Luthor hired me to make sure your riding experience was as safe as possible.” The woman glanced down at Emma as she continued. “I’m going to teach you all you need to know about riding horses.”

Chloe turned to Lex who seemed please with himself yet again. She thought this would be a simple ride around the grounds while they held the reins leading Emma along on one of Lex’s ponies or smaller horses very slowly.

Lex noted her stare and tried to cover his tracks. “Claire has ten years of experience and is highly recommended.” He gave her a small smile and waited. “I wanted Emma to be safe.”

“This is great.” Emma beamed just below them.

At this point Chloe couldn’t back out now. Chloe had her all dressed up and she couldn’t take it away from her now. “Let’s see the horses.” She tried to sound up beat but something was nagging at her since last night.

“Yes let’s see the pony.” Emma almost leaped into the air at the thought getting closer to her dream.

Lex had it all planned out very well. He knew she wasn’t the best rider and he had slower paced horse picked out for her. Emma did have a young horse that was just the right size for her named April.

After going around the grounds a few hours Chloe had enough but Emma didn’t want to get off. Lex suggested she learn how to feed the horse and she took the idea. Lex was her savior because her thighs were starting to throb.

As Emma feed the horse carrots Claire rattled off facts to Emma about horses. Chloe didn’t think her attention could be so captivated by the stranger but she listened to every word while asking questions of her own.

“She’s really loving this.” Chloe leaned over to Lex watching just as she was.

He nodded once and didn’t look away from the scene in front of them. When Claire paused for a moment Lex spoke up. “Emma.”

The little girl turned her attention away from the pony to answer. “Yes.”

“Did you have fun today?” It was a ridiculous question. Anyone could see she didn’t want to leave.

She started to nod her head franticly. “Yes, it was the best day ever.”

“How would you like to have a day like this when ever you wanted and have April as your very own?” As Lex was speaking Chloe wanted to kick him to stop him but she couldn’t use violence in front of Emma.

“Lex?” She questioned him but it was too late to make him take it back.

“I can have April?” Emma yelped and dropped the carrot. She left the stall and went for Lex. Her arms wrapped around his leg as she thanked him over and over.

This had gone too far. Lex was smiling as if he had done something wonderful. He was reaching down to hug her back but Chloe said something first. “Emma look at me.”

Her daughter did as she was told still beaming. “You can’t keep this horse.” She said plainly. The joy was quickly washed over with confusion. “I’m sorry but this is Lex’s horse.”

“He said I can have it mommy.” Emma whined. This wasn’t going to be easy.

“It’s alright Chloe.” Lex tried to reassure her but he was only digging himself in deeper trouble.

“Emma why don’t you finish feeding the pony while I talk to Lex.” She had to stop Lex before he made this worse than it already was.

“But…” Emma started but Chloe interrupted before she could say more.

“Go help with the horse.” Her commanding tone was noted and Emma did as she was told.

“Yes mommy.” There was sadness in her voice that Chloe hated. She didn’t want to make her unhappy but there was no way they could keep the horse.

“Claire is Emma alright with you?” If Chloe was going to doing this she had to step away. Too often fighting with Lex exploded and it couldn’t happen in front of Emma.

“Yes Miss, she’s fine.” Claire nodded and had to feel uneasy with what was going on.

“Lex can you walk with me.” He followed her reluctantly.

Once they were out of Emma’s hear shot Lex turned to defended himself. “What’s the problem? I can afford the horse. It’s not going to be a burden.”

“It’s not a matter of you being able to afford the horse. I don’t want Emma to think your going to give her something every time you see her. I’m trying to teach her better values then that.” Chloe sighed deeply just trying to think of how easy this was for him.

She was sure he had four ponies before he was even eight years old to take his pick of because his family was wealthy. It’s something she never associated with him or allowed him to flaunt in front of her but it was a fact.

Their relationship wasn’t about her wanting him for his money. In no way did Chloe want Emma to start thinking Lex meant mommy’s bald friend with presents and nothing else.

“This isn’t me trying to win her with my money. It’s something you said she wanted. She had so much fun today so I just thought why not give the horse to her.” Lex swiped his hand across his head trying not to show how the fight was affecting him.

Chloe knew this would be a problem but he would have to learn his place. “You have a lot to learn about kids Lex. They can’t have everything they want all the time.”

His eyes widened at her words. Things were about to get even worse. “What are you saying…. that she’ll end up like me? I had everything I could dream of when I was kid. Emma will end up defining her life by the things she has instead of the people in her life?”

It wasn’t what she meant but it came off that way. Chloe knew his life was never easy but not once would she throw that in his face. “Where is that coming from? I would never think anything like that.”

“I had a pony as a child is there something wrong with that?” Lex pointed behind him towards the holding pens.

That was Lex’s reality not her daughters. “No that’s not a problem for you. You’re a Luthor. That was a normal part of your life.”

“Trust me getting what I wanted didn’t make me a happier child Chloe. I would have rather had a kind word from my father than all the ponies in the world.” His fist pounded out his final words. The thought of Lionel treating him like he didn’t matter pushed his anger over the edge.

“That’s not what I meant. I want Emma to get to know you not your money. How many ti times do I have to say that.” Chloe was trying to take it back. It was the same thing in the restaurant a few days ago when Lex gave her the riding out fit. Emma wasn’t a prize to be won.

Lex turned away from her looking out onto the grounds in front of them. “This wouldn’t be a problem if she were mine.”

Chloe wasn’t sure if she heard him correctly but if she wasn’t mistaken what she dreaded was about to come out. “What did you say?”

As he turned around Chloe knew this would be the breaking point for them. When she left it hurt her but she had no idea how it hurt Lex.

“I said if you would have stayed then Emma would be mine. She would be our daughter.” The words were slow and deliberate. He meant every one of them.

“You didn’t just say that.” Chloe tried to keep it together but when it came to Emma things were never in control. “Choose your words wisely Lex because I don’t think you meant what you just said.”

“You heard me just fine and I meant every word. I should have been Emma’s father.” He stepped closer to her. It was an act she new well. Lex moving in wasn’t a good sign. He had a way of making the world that was large seem miniature. “There wouldn’t be all this talk about what I can and can not do because she would be ours.”

That’s what was happening this weekend. Lex had fallen in love with Emma. He was taking every moment thinking this was what it would have been like if she were his.

“She’s not yours.” Chloe said it and the look in his eyes were drowning in the truth in her words. It cut into him in ways she didn’t mean to. It was simply a fact that he had to accept.

“You don’t have to remind me. I have eyes and I can see she’s not just apart of you but apart of someone else that should have been me.” He turned away but she couldn’t let him have this.

“I’m not saying these things to hurt you but I left for reason. I fell in love with someone else and Emma is a product of that love. It doesn’t matter what should have been because this is how it is now.”

Chloe waited for him to turn and look at before she went on. When he refused she moved around so he could see her. “You want to be my friend then you have to forgive me for leaving. You can’t keep holding that against me.”

“This isn’t about me forgiving you.” He stepped closer again but this time he was right on top of her. “This is about you being able to forgiving me. I was the one that scared you away. It’s my fault you didn’t stay. It’s my fault you fell in love with someone else and it’s my fault Emma is someone else’s and not ours.”

He didn’t let her respond because Lex turned on his heels and walked away from the stables. Where he was going she didn’t know but right now she had to deal with Emma. Breaking the news about the pony was going to be easier than what happen with Lex.

Emma would forgive her.

Lex may never forgive himself.

Chloe took a deep breath before moving into the game room. The manor was so unfamiliar to her now. Once Emma was down and asleep she had to call a staff member to show her to where Lex was hiding.

He missed the rest of the day in the stables then he missed lunch and dinner. Emma thought she had done something wrong and made Lex mad at them. This was something else Lex had to learn. He couldn’t just bale on Emma when things didn’t go his way with out saying a word.

She was led to a game room that Lex was sitting in. He was facing the pool table in the room clutching a tumbler filled with his favorite amber drink. When she walked in he had to hear her but didn’t turn to look at her.

“Emma thinks you’re mad at her.” Chloe started taking a seat on the sofa near him.

His body lifted from the chair as he turned to look at her with overwhelming concern on his face. “No. I would never be. What should I do?” The words were choppy and filled with panic. It was just more proof that Lex had fallen hard for her Kitty Cat.

“I told her you needed some alone time and you would have breakfast with us before we headed back to the city.”

He leaned back in his seat looking more at ease. “Of course I will be there for breakfast.”

They sat there in silence for a few moments. This was going to be one of those talks where Chloe had to do all the work. “So where did you go?”

“I did some work in the study then I came in here to have dinner and a now I’m having a drink.” He gave her the play by play with little feeling.

“Lex we have to talk about this.” Chloe reached for his hand that was resting on the arm chair to make him look at her.

She got no where.

“I really don’t think there is more to say.” He moved his hand away then took another sip of his glass.

“If you want my friendship we have to talk about this.” Chloe reached for the glass in his hand. She waited until he was looking at her and downed the rest of the glass. There was a nice tingle then a burning sensation as the liquid slid down her throat.

“Why did you do that?” He said finally with some feeling. “You hate scotch.”

“I know but you’re not the only one that needs a drink today.” Chloe handed the glass back over to him.

He closed his eyes smiling to himself. “I’m sorry that I walked off.”

“You should say that to Emma in the morning.”

“I know I took things too far but I couldn’t help myself. I just look into those green eyes and want to give her the world.” He was looking right at her when he said it.

Chloe couldn’t help but think Emma wasn’t the only one he was talking about. So far things had been about them building a friendship. There wasn’t a moment when Chloe felt any sexual tension between them but the way he was looking at her now there was something stirring.

She had to look away to answer. “I know the feeling but you can’t get carried away like that.”

“Because I’m not her father.” He added.

“That’s not what this is about.” When she looked at him again things were still cloudy but she could at least look at him. It had been too long and that’s what the moment had been about. “I can’t live with what should have been. I have a daughter and that means living with what I have now right in front of me.”

“I understand that but...” He paused then looked away. Their last lunch was like this and she wasn’t going to let him retreat again.

“You have to keep talking Lex. You keep doing this to me. You can’t insert yourself into my life without letting me into yours.”

He breathed out squeezing the empty glass in his hands. The last nine years Lex must have worked hard at keeping his emotions in check. He couldn’t even look at her once he finally spoke.

“I can’t help but think that if I told the truth things would be different.” He paused letting himself look at her. “I know the real reason why you moved away.”

It was something Chloe rarely talked about. It was something she didn’t use often. It was the final reason why she left. The Lex was hiding something back then that was very personal.

He placed the glass down at his feet then moved next to her. “It wasn’t just the people that died or my research on Clark.” He looked down in shame as he went on. “I would have never locked you away because you’re meteor infected. That’s something my father would do and I’m nothing like him.”

She swallowed hard hearing the words. There was always a chance that he could do it. After looking at his research Chloe learned Lex was capable of so many things.

“I know that.” She lied and he saw right through it.

“I know it’s a secret you don’t want to talk about.” He replied.

She shrugged her shoulders feeling more uncomfortable. “I know you would never hurt me intentionally.”

“I wouldn’t but I did. That’s something I have a hard time dealing with.” It was what she needed to hear.

Chloe’s powers were her secret. The only person other then Lex that knew was Clark. Her father didn’t even know when she used them on him after his heart attack. She covered it up by being overly concerned about Gabe’s health all the time.

Troy never knew. In the end it wouldn’t have helped if he did. Chloe found out that her hands had the power to heal anyone except the dead.

“I can’t change what’s happened with me. I know that I gave up on you and I’m sorry but I’m here now. We can be friends now. We both need to stop holding on to those memories that only hurt us.” She placed her hand over his. “We can make new memories.”

“Do I forgive myself in these new memories?” He asked placing his hand over hers.

“That’s the first step.” She reached for him, took him into her arms to hug him.

Letting go was hard because the tension was back. It was the start of her trusting him again. When they both let go Lex looked fine. The hug hadn’t fazed him. He seemed calm now that it was out. He wasn’t at all altered the way she was.

“Are you alright?” Lex was about to reach for her cheek but Chloe pulled away.

Her mind should have been thinking about making her friendship work but her body kept thinking of ways to make it something more. This was how it started before. Lex slowly worked his way under her skin. Only this time she couldn’t let it happen.

“I’m fine.” The words were far from the truth.

TBC

Chapter 10 Come to me (Lex POV)

Note: This is the game set. I have been around kids Emma’s age that play it better then me. Pisses me off.
    Last edited by letia84; 5th May 2008 at 05:29.

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Re: Crawling Back (R) Chapter 9 5/4/08

I love this fic. Knew that Lex was gonna fall in love with Emma but he can;t be buying her all these gifts to keep her. Finally came out that Lex wishes Emma was his. Can't wait for Chloe & Lex to get closer. Great update.

Great chapter. Its so tragic that Lex has fallen in love with Emma so much that he wished she were his. I can't wait to see how Lex gets under Chloe's skin. Please update soon!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

What a great update. I can't believe Lex told Chloe about wanting Kitty cat to be his. I feel so bad for him. I am glad they talked it over though. I can't wait for more.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

I´m so glad you´re updating this amazing fic again; I´ve always loved Lex around kids. I´m looking forward to the next update- which I hope won´t take too long.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

NS Full Member

It was really a good chapter.
    It's nice to see that Lex likes Emma. Nevertheless I understand Chloe's fear about him buying all what she wants.
    I hope an update soon.

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

“Are you going to tell me what’s in this bag?” Chloe eyed the over sized gift bag as she spoke. It was pale blue and the handles were tied off with a pale blue ribbon. It was impossible to see what was going on inside because of the tissue paper covering its contents.
    awww, the bag sounds so pretty, LOL! It was adorable visualizing Lex Luthor purchasing and carrying such a pretty, frilly bag especially created to appeal to a six year old girl.

It was very interesting seeing how Chloe is still so nervous and wary around Lex, that she’s suspicious of any ‘mysterious gifts’ from him. Especially when they look so fancy. But I’m glad he didn’t get hurt or offended by her slight paranoia. He just seemed amused.

Chloe cocked her eyes at him and wasn’t about to take a gift from Lex. Why he was getting her anything made no sense. Things were better since his almost no show for dinner a few weeks ago.

Lex showed for the last three dinners. He was on time and ready for anything. Even when they were playing the puzzle game SET with Emma. Chloe was proud her Kitty Cat had mastered the visual perception game a few months ago. It was teaching her little one recognition, deduction and some math skills.

Lex thought it was easy until Emma’s stack of matches towered over his stack. She thought he’d blow up but some how he managed to keep his cool until Emma was off to bed. By then he was just embarrassed and claimed he would be ready the next time they played.
    LOL! It seems like Lex is doing very well in winning over both Chloe and Emma. AND it seems like Emma has also been working her way under Lex’s skin as well. This new ‘family’ is growing closer, EXACTLY as Lex had planned. There’s something very foreboding about seeing Lex’s plan working out exactly as he imagined… you keep wondering when is it all going to fall apart on him… OR blow up in a spectacular explosion in his face, LOL!

I LOVED the visual of Lex sulking being beaten out on a game of cards by a child, ROTFL! It can hurt any adult, but Lex Luthor especially, LOL!

“It’s for Emma. I thought she could use it this weekend.” Lex added after he noted the stern shift in her eyes.

“What could she possible need?” Chloe looked down into the bag pulling off the ribbon then going for the tissue paper. Tucked away in the bag was a little equestrians dream.
    heh. I guess Lex knew that the best way to get Chloe to accept expensive presents is to buy them for EMMA rather than for her personal use. She might feel uncomfortable allowing him to buy her gadgets, cars, jewellery, perfume and such… but I guess he thought she would be a little more flexible when it comes to indulging in her daughter?

A pair of riding boots stood to one side while on the other side was a riding cap, riding pants, riding jacket and then the worse of it was a short riding crop.

As Chloe surveyed the items Lex was watching and waited for his praises patiently. Taking a close look before speaking Chloe saw he managed to get the items in the right size.
    Wow! Emma is seriously going to go MAD for these things. I was at first pleased that this scene seemed to suggest that Lex was implicitly asking for Chloe’s permission before presenting these things to Emma. It would have been a wise move for him to ask the mother whether presents this extravagant are all right for a six year old.

But THEN I realized that Lex was actually not really thinking like that. He was actually ‘showing off’ these gifts to Chloe. He was not really asking for permission… only looking forward to basking in her admiring approval. Oh dear… this kind of attitude is going to make trouble later.

“You have brought things to the apartment before for dinner and that’s alright but I don’t want her to think you will always be bringing her things.” Chloe knew this technique.

Lex had tried this before when she was hiding out from Lionel. When he would come to see her it was always with a gift or something he thought she might need while she was away. It was his reason to see her and after the first month she put a stop to it. She wanted to see Lex and he didn’t have to have gift bag with him when he came.

“I’m not trying to buy her affections Chloe.” He paused for moment as if he was trying to make himself believe what he said. “I want the weekend to be special for her that’s all.”
    LOL! This was a HUGE let-down for Lex… but the dolt deserved it. Ok, I’m not being fair… he DID make a little mistake in actions and attitude, but he’s very new to this whole ‘dealing with children’ thing, and a few mistakes were inevitable. As long as he listens carefully to Chloe and learns from her, he should turn out all right.

I thought it was very insightful of Chloe to catch onto what Lex was doing and why he was doing it. AND she explained it to him in very sweet terms, so she was able to tell him off while bolstering his confidence in himself as a person at the same time. What a diplomat, LOL!

“I haven’t found anyone yet to fill that void.” Lex leaned back and for some reason the light hearted moment got very serious. He went for his menu to hide his face and kept what he was thinking to himself.
    heh… I enjoy seeing Lex’s plan going smoothly, but I LOVE seeing the little slip-ups he keeps making from time to time, when he accidentally tells Chloe about what he’s REALLY aiming for with this ‘friendship’ he’s cultivating with her. Heeee.. I gleefully anticipate the day when he finally lets loose his entire carefully orchestrated planning and manipulations to her. She’s going to be furious!

It was like he wanted to place himself into their friendship without giving up too much about himself. If things were going to stay as good as they were now he would have to start talking.
    wow! I LOVED the irony that Lex was trying SO hard to hide hoe desperately he wanted to be with Chloe and persuade her to fall in love with him, that she actually believed he was emotionally distancing himself from her. LOL! He’s doing a GREAT job in hiding away his feelings… right to the extent where Chloe honestly couldn’t imagine them being there.

Driving was her choice. Lex offered a car to get them. Then he had the great idea that they could fly in on the helicopter. She declined thinking it would be a fun trip for her and Emma but, as her little girl kept singing, Chloe wished it was over shadowed by the spinning of the helicopter blades.
    LOL! Poor Chloe! But then again, she’s been a mom for six years now, and she should KNOW that there are very few things more annoying than an extended drive with a six year old… ESPECIALLY a six year old who likes to sing! *shudder*

Emma of course questioned the poor man about what he was doing. Chloe had to laugh a little. Something that Emma had inherited was Chloe’s need to seek out truth even in the smallest places.

As they pulled up to the main entrance Emma’s singing stopped and her eyes widened once she got a full view of the place. “It’s a castle.” She cried out.
    I didn’t realize it, but I can imagine all the security and the sheer SIZE and structure of Lex’s manor would look pretty damned impressive to a six year old. LOL! I wonder whether she’s having day-dreams of playing ‘damsel locked away in the tower’… or perhaps ‘knight defending the castle from the dragon’? oooh ‘wicked witch casting a curse on an enchanted castle!!’, ROTFL! A child can have a lot of fun with a honest to goodness castle to play with, ROTFL!

“Who else lives here?” Emma didn’t turn away from the sight before her as she spoke.

The answer to Emma’s question was easy but it was also sad. Other then the staff there was no one but Lex living in his castle. “Lex use to live here with his parents.” Her answer seemed easier than saying Lex lived there alone for so many years. Even when he was a child she was sure Lionel spent little time with him.
    That was actually a very astute question from Emma… one that had a very sad answer. I’m glad Chloe was able to phrase it so delicately for her child’s ears.

There was vase full of tulips; her favorite flower. They were given rooms that were linked by the bathroom. Chloe felt uneasy leaving Emma in the room alone but now that they were connected the problem was solved. It was a good feeling because no matter how large the bed was Emma seemed to take it over.
    It seems like Lex put a lot of thought into Chloe’s and Emma’s comfort during their stay. Heh, I guess he considers this level of comfort the first step in making THIS place their permanent home? The sneaky bastard, LOL!

“Don’t touch that.” Chloe grabbed her hand before she put her tiny fingers around the very expensive vase. Emma frowned and Chloe had to set the ground rules right now.
    heh, poor Chloe is going to be going through a lot of stress fretting over Lex’s vases, carpets, pictures and furniture. And poor Lex… he probably went through a lot of stress and trouble trying to imagine ways to make their stay as perfect and cosy as possible. He would probably be devastated to imagine that Chloe felt discomfited and frightened at the thought of all the VERY expensive, fragile items just waiting to be broken by a curious little girl.

“Okay kick off your shoes first and I’ll jump with you.”

Emma squealed with excitement and did as she was told. The noise didn’t stop there because with each leap Emma got louder. This was what they needed to loosen things up. Chloe took her hands and started to cheer as well as they jumped up then landed softly on the mattress to repeat the process again.

“I see you are already having fun.” The sound of Lex’s voice came from the door.
    ROTFL! What an adorable scene for Lex to welcome into his home. I’m sure it must have given him a real kick to see this heart-warming scene of his ‘almost family’ (from his POV) having such fun. He must have been delighted at the idea that his plan was already working so WELL.

Chloe watched Emma react faster then she could and moved off the bed. “Mommy said it was okay.” She plead their case but she also sold out her own mother.
    LOL! Little brat! All the loyalty of a weasal! ROTFL!

Chloe followed behind her moving off the bed. He didn’t look upset, he had his kid face on or that’s what Chloe called it. Lex wasn’t a person who smiled a lot but he did it for Emma. He always had small grin on for her.

“It’s alright Emma.” Lex looked down at her and he his smile widened. His comfort level with her was getting better the more he saw her. “I use to do it when I was younger.”
    heh. Emma is growing really fond of Lex, and I think even Lex is growing some affection for HER as well… although I can’t really tell how much of the bond (from his side) is from genuine affection and how much is just a reflection of his desperate focus on Chloe. But I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and start believing that he’s beginning to see Emma as a ‘whole’ other person rather than simply as an ‘extension’ to his beloved Chloe.

Planning things made it easier on Lex as to what to do. Spontaneous moments with Emma were hard for him. Right now was one of those moments but he had the plan to fall back on.
    heh… Lex is still viewing this ‘budding friendship’ with Chloe and Emma as a part of a greater plan… which requires precise moves and careful strategy. I wonder how Chloe would react knowing how she AND Emma are being ‘played’ in this calculated manner. I wonder whether it would make her feel better knowing how out of his depth Lex feels trying to manipulate THESE two people.

Chloe followed behind them and just watched. Emma took Lex’s hand without hesitation. It was strange to see her this way. She had men in life thanks to Clark and her grandfather but she didn’t have her father anymore; she didn’t have Troy. To see her with Lex made Chloe’s heart ache a little at how much Emma had lost when Troy died.
    Chloe is growing closer to Lex, but I appreciated getting this reminder that Chloe is still in mourning for her late husband, and not really ready to view another man as a ‘replacement’ so soon. This certainly explains why Chloe is not even considering the idea that Lex is trying to woo her.

Whenever they were in a room together Lex wanted to be close to Emma. It was like he was spending time with Emma and Chloe was just coming along for the ride.

They picked the movie together smiling and laughing at Emma’s choices. Lex asked several questions about the lunar eclipse play over dinner. Then, Emma sat with Lex while they watched the movie.

The entire time Lex seemed to be in love with every moment of it. All of it could be Emma getting use to Lex but something else was happening.
    Hmmm, is Lex genuinely enjoying spending all this time in Emma’s company… sincerely enthralled with everything she says and does? OR is this ‘bonding’ a way for him to sneak in through the ‘back door’ (via Emma) to win over Chloe? Perhaps a little of both? Chloe is actually experiencing a vague feeling of suspicion and paranoia… even though she can’t figure out what’s ‘wrong’ with this picture.

I can’t wait for Lex’s point of view to find out about his views on Emma now.

“Sullivan Kaplan.” Emma corrected him. Chloe knew how attached she was to her name. It was part of her daddy and it was part she wasn’t willing to give up.
    heh… I wonder whether that correction sent a stab of resentment through Lex… JUST for a moment? I think he’s been desperately trying to forget that Emma is a representation of Chloe’s love for another man, and being reminded of that so starkly must have effected him in some way?

Lex noted her stare and tried to cover his tracks. “Claire has ten years of experience and is highly recommended.” He gave her a small smile and waited. “I wanted Emma to be safe.”

“This is great.” Emma beamed just below them.

At this point Chloe couldn’t back out now. Chloe had her all dressed up and she couldn’t take it away from her now. “Let’s see the horses.” She tried to sound up beat but something was nagging at her since last night.
    The idea of hiring a professional horse-riding instructor for Emma was actually a good idea of Lex’s. It was obvious that Emma LOVED the chance to be able to ride under the tutelage of a professional. But I sensed that Chloe felt she was being railroaded a little bit by Lex taking charge on what were the limits HER daughter was allowed to cross.

Lex and Chloe are going to have to have a talk later about control and boundaries when it comes to Emma.

“How would you like to have a day like this when ever you wanted and have April as your very own?” As Lex was speaking Chloe wanted to kick him to stop him but she couldn’t use violence in front of Emma.

“Lex?” She questioned him but it was too late to make him take it back.

“I can have April?” Emma yelped and dropped the carrot. She left the stall and went for Lex. Her arms wrapped around his leg as she thanked him over and over.
    oh dear god, Lex, NO!!! oh, you didn’t?! heh… I thought that this kind of an overly-indulgent attitude would come back to bite someone on the ass later… and now it seems like it’s time for Chloe and Lex to have That Serious Talk about boundaries and control.

I can understand WHY Lex did this. Besides the fact that he probably wanted to make Emma deliriously happy, I can imagine it’s very addictive for a man like Lex to feel like a ‘hero’ to Emma… and all this for a ‘cheap price’… cheap for HIM at least.

Hmmm, and the more suspicious part of my mind can’t help but wonder whether he’s trying to callously BUY Emma’s affections through such simple means. Not to mention assert some kind of control over Chloe and Emma? He might be thinking that giving them extravagant presents might be a nice, easy way of getting them to be dependant on him?

Her daughter did as she was told still beaming. “You can’t keep this horse.” She said plainly. The joy was quickly washed over with confusion. “I’m sorry but this is Lex’s horse.”

“He said I can have it mommy.” Emma whined. This wasn’t going to be easy.

“It’s alright Chloe.” Lex tried to reassure her but he was only digging himself in deeper trouble.
    aaargh! Even NOW, He’s Not. Getting. It!!! He just doesn’t understand what he’s doing wrong. Chloe is going to have to break it down for him in small, slow, simply words.

Poor Chloe… I can tell it was really painful and difficult for her to make herself ‘the bad guy’ and take away her baby’s delightful present right out of her hands. And Lex really didn’t help when he argued in Emma’s favour.

“Go help with the horse.” Her commanding tone was noted and Emma did as she was told.

“Yes mommy.” There was sadness in her voice that Chloe hated. She didn’t want to make her unhappy but there was no way they could keep the horse.
    ouch! That was REALLY painful to Chloe. She’s going to give Lex a HUGE tongue-lashing for forcing her to do this. And on such a lovely, perfect, FUN day too! What a horrid endnote to a wonderful day.

“It’s not a matter of you being able to afford the horse. I don’t want Emma to think your going to give her something every time you see her. I’m trying to teach her better values then that.” Chloe sighed deeply just trying to think of how easy this was for him.

She was sure he had four ponies before he was even eight years old to take his pick of because his family was wealthy. It’s something she never associated with him or allowed him to flaunt in front of her but it was a fact.

Their relationship wasn’t about her wanting him for his money. In no way did Chloe want Emma to start thinking Lex meant mommy’s bald friend with presents and nothing else.
    *frustrated sigh* This is something that Chloe explained to Lex JUST this morning. I thought she had got her point across really well, but I guess Lex didn’t get it. This is not going to be easy.

Chloe knew this would be a problem but he would have to learn his place. “You have a lot to learn about kids Lex. They can’t have everything they want all the time.”
    ROTFLMAO! This is obvious common sense… but HOW would someone go about explaining this to Lex Luthor of all people, LOL! Chloe has her work cut out in front of her.

“I had a pony as a child is there something wrong with that?” Lex pointed behind him towards the holding pens.

That was Lex’s reality not her daughters. “No that’s not a problem for you. You’re a Luthor. That was a normal part of your life.”

“Trust me getting what I wanted didn’t make me a happier child Chloe. I would have rather had a kind word from my father than all the ponies in the world.” His fist pounded out his final words. The thought of Lionel treating him like he didn’t matter pushed his anger over the edge.
    oh dear! Chloe is trying to make him understand her point, but Lex is feeling offended and defensive, and not really in the mood to listen. I can see why he would be hurt by what Chloe is saying… He’s already feeling a little on edge about being lectured to, and now he feels like he’s being attacked about the way he was raised and the way he turned out.

“That’s not what I meant. I want Emma to get to know you not your money. How many times do I have to say that.” Chloe was trying to take it back. It was the same thing in the restaurant a few days ago when Lex gave her the riding out fit. Emma wasn’t a prize to be won.
    I have to admit, I also got the suspicious impression that Lex was making a ostentatious gesture to quickly and easily ‘win over’ Emma. I can understand Chloe’s resentment about him treating Emma’s affections like a prize to be won or bought.

Lex turned away from her looking out onto the grounds in front of them. “This wouldn’t be a problem if she were mine.”

Chloe wasn’t sure if she heard him correctly but if she wasn’t mistaken what she dreaded was about to come out. “What did you say?”

As he turned around Chloe knew this would be the breaking point for them. When she left it hurt her but she had no idea how it hurt Lex.

“I said if you would have stayed then Emma would be mine. She would be our daughter.” The words were slow and deliberate. He meant every one of them.
    I was just sitting her in open-mouthed SHOCK after reading this bit. He actually said that?! Out loud?? He slipped up big time and gave away his WHOLE plan. Wow! This was an AMAZING part, Letia!

“You didn’t just say that.” Chloe tried to keep it together but when it came to Emma things were never in control. “Choose your words wisely Lex because I don’t think you meant what you just said.”

“You heard me just fine and I meant every word. I should have been Emma’s father.” He stepped closer to her. It was an act she new well. Lex moving in wasn’t a good sign. He had a way of making the world that was large seem miniature. “There wouldn’t be all this talk about what I can and can not do because she would be ours.”
    HAH!! I knew it! I KNEW it!!! I knew that Lex was giving away these huge presents as a sneaky means of asserting control over the Sullivans! Not in a very obvious kind of way, but the present giving was definitely a means for him to try and ‘sneak’ his way into the family and become as much a ‘dependant figure’ on Emma as Chloe is. He was trying to sneak his way to Chloe’s side through her daughter.

Hmmm, AND it’s also possible that he was genuinely pretending to himself (just for this weekend) that Chloe was his wife and Emma a part of HIS family rather than a part of another man? Perhaps raising Emma’s standards (in toys and lifestyle) was a way of making her into more of a ‘Luthor’ rather than a Kaplan?

That’s what was happening this weekend. Lex had fallen in love with Emma. He was taking every moment thinking this was what it would have been like if she were his.
    heh…. It seems like, despite his colossal slip up, Lex’s secret is still safe. Wow! Chloe actually thinks that Lex’s extreme desire to be Emma’s father is because he’s fallen in love with EMMA, and Chloe just ‘happen’ to be there on the side?! She has NO idea that it’s the other way around. I think she’s in an extreme case of denial.

“She’s not yours.” Chloe said it and the look in his eyes were drowning in the truth in her words. It cut into him in ways she didn’t mean to. It was simply a fact that he had to accept.

“You don’t have to remind me. I have eyes and I can see she’s not just apart of you but apart of someone else that should have been me.” He turned away but she couldn’t let him have this.
    Actually, I think it WAS necessary for Chloe to tell him that. He’s been trying to shove himself into the role of Emma’s father, and he’s already stepped on Chloe’s toes in this first attempt.

“I’m not saying these things to hurt you but I left for reason. I fell in love with someone else and Emma is a product of that love. It doesn’t matter what should have been because this is how it is now.”
    I think it was good for Lex to have these facts laid out so bluntly in front of him. I don’t think he’s fully appreciated how Chloe and Emma had a whole other life without him before coming back to Smallville. He has to learn to accept that Emma’s father was a huge, loved part of Chloe’s and Emma’s lives, and try to work his way around that.

Chloe waited for him to turn and look at before she went on. When he refused she moved around so he could see her. “You want to be my friend then you have to forgive me for leaving. You can’t keep holding that against me.”

“This isn’t about me forgiving you.” He stepped closer again but this time he was right on top of her. “This is about you being able to forgiving me. I was the one that scared you away. It’s my fault you didn’t stay. It’s my fault you fell in love with someone else and it’s my fault Emma is someone else’s and not ours.”
    oh dear… I felt such a HUGE pang of sympathy for Lex just now. I didn’t realize how much he loathed himself for driving Chloe away. This certainly explains why he’s going desperately overboard in trying to win Chloe (and Emma) over now. He probably views this as his miraculous last (and final) chance, and he DOESN’T want to screw up!

He missed the rest of the day in the stables then he missed lunch and dinner. Emma thought she had done something wrong and made Lex mad at them. This was something else Lex had to learn. He couldn’t just bale on Emma when things didn’t go his way with out saying a word.
    heh… I didn’t realize it at first, but it’s TRUE that Lex is going to have to go through some severe behaviour modifications if he’s planning on becoming a father, and he’s going to have to learn fast. The moodiness that Chloe could always deal with would be devastating for a child to adjust to. Emma cannot be treated in that extreme ‘hot and cold’ fashion that Lex tends to treat people, she wouldn’t know what’s happening or how it’s NOT her fault.

Hmmm, it is THESE kind of mistakes that are going to be the real problem between him and Chloe. Unless he can prove himself capable of being a stable father figure, Chloe is not even going to consider letting him into her intimate, personal life.

Squeeee!!! I LOVE the idea that Lex is going to have to train himself to be patient, gentle, tolerant and self-controlled purely for Emma’s sake. This is going to be AWESOME to watch!

“Emma thinks you’re mad at her.” Chloe started taking a seat on the sofa near him.

His body lifted from the chair as he turned to look at her with overwhelming concern on his face. “No. I would never be. What should I do?” The words were choppy and filled with panic. It was just more proof that Lex had fallen hard for her Kitty Cat.
    I’ll admit, I was VERY pleasantly surprised by the shock and panic Lex displayed when he was told he had inadvertently hurt Emma. His moody behaviour might need some fine-tune adjustment, but his motivations and core instincts are good. The behaviour can be modified easily as long as he WANTS to change.

“I really don’t think there is more to say.” He moved his hand away then took another sip of his glass.

“If you want my friendship we have to talk about this.” Chloe reached for the glass in his hand. She waited until he was looking at her and downed the rest of the glass. There was a nice tingle then a burning sensation as the liquid slid down her throat.

“Why did you do that?” He said finally with some feeling. “You hate scotch.”

“I know but you’re not the only one that needs a drink today.” Chloe handed the glass back over to him.

He closed his eyes smiling to himself. “I’m sorry that I walked off.”
    Heh… it takes a LOT of work to be in any kind of a relationship with Lex Luthor. He’s lucky that the end results are worth all this hassle, AND that Chloe is willing and able to put in most of the work when it comes to communications between them. It’s fascinating to see how skilfully she can manage to draw him out of this ‘moody retreat’. No wonder he can’t find anyone else to replace her.

“I know I took things too far but I couldn’t help myself. I just look into those green eyes and want to give her the world.” He was looking right at her when he said it.
    LOL! I made a lot of comments about Lex wanting to have control and influence over Emma through grandiose presents, AND that he was subconsciously hoping to ‘buy’ Emma’s affections the only way he knew how… but I ALSO think he’s the type of person who simply LOVES being able to spoil people that he likes.

LOL! Lex is going to have to work VERY hard to curb his tendency to keep giving Emma stuff ‘on the sly’ without Chloe knowing about it.

“You have to keep talking Lex. You keep doing this to me. You can’t insert yourself into my life without letting me into yours.”
    oh, EXCELLENT! I loved how you captured Lex’s instinct to retreat within himself, Letia! AND how you had Chloe gently (but firmly) tell him that she won’t stand for being ‘shut out’ again. I LOVED the Chlex dynamics!

He placed the glass down at his feet then moved next to her. “It wasn’t just the people that died or my research on Clark.” He looked down in shame as he went on. “I would have never locked you away because you’re meteor infected. That’s something my father would do and I’m nothing like him.”

She swallowed hard hearing the words. There was always a chance that he could do it. After looking at his research Chloe learned Lex was capable of so many things.

“I know that.” She lied and he saw right through it.
    woah, WOAH!!! Chloe is a mutant freak in this fic as well? WOW! That explains SO much about why she wasn’t able to go back to Lex, even AFTER he shut down all his labs to ‘appease her’. She must have been panicked and terrified that he now viewed all Meteor Freaks as ‘dangerous animals to be contained’, and that he wouldn’t be able to help himself from viewing HER the same way.

How did Lex find out about this? WHEN did Lex find out? Was it recently after Chloe returned to Smallville, or years ago while she was still married and living in another city? Or was it RIGHT after she left him?

He must have felt horrible and despicable about frightening her like this.

Hmmmm, now I wonder whether Emma is also Meteor Infected? That would give Chloe a WHOLE new level of a reason to avoid Lex. She ‘could’ accept some amount of risk for herself, but she would NEVER risk the possibility of her baby being taken away for frightening lab experiments.

Chloe’s powers were her secret. The only person other then Lex that knew was Clark. Her father didn’t even know when she used them on him after his heart attack. She covered it up by being overly concerned about Gabe’s health all the time.

Troy never knew. In the end it wouldn’t have helped if he did. Chloe found out that her hands had the power to heal anyone except the dead.
    Oh dear… poor Chloe! She’s been living in paranoid fear for all this time about being ‘found out’? The poor thing! I wonder whether Lex blames himself for instilling this kind of unreasoning fear in Chloe. Now I’m really curious about how LEX found out when no-one else has any idea.

I wonder whether Emma has any idea…?

Letting go was hard because the tension was back. It was the start of her trusting him again. When they both let go Lex looked fine. The hug hadn’t fazed him. He seemed calm now that it was out. He wasn’t at all altered the way she was.
    ROTFLMAO! I loved the irony here about how Chloe is suddenly finding herself attracted to Lex, but firmly believes that the attraction is completely one-sided not knowing that the attraction is reflected ten-fold in Lex, LOL! It’s going to be a HELL of a shock for her to realize what an AMAZING actor Lex has been this whole time.

Her mind should have been thinking about making her friendship work but her body kept thinking of ways to make it something more. This was how it started before. Lex slowly worked his way under her skin. Only this time she couldn’t let it happen.
    heh… Chloe is beginning to cave in! Lex’s plan is working! I wonder whether he saw any sign of this in her just now? LOL! He would have been ecstatic.

This was a fantastic chapter, Letia. I loved reading about Lex slowly adjusting to ‘father’ like behaviour, AND I loved reading about him realizing that he still has a long way to go before he can actually act as a stable, responsible and dependable father-role for anyone. I especially enjoyed Chloe ‘laying down the law’ on Lex and curtailing him when he went overboard, even though it was painful for everyone involved, LOL!

This was a great chapter. I love the way you’re forcing Lex to stretch into this new role. It’s fantastic fun seeing how this painful kind of ‘one step forward, three steps back’ kind of learning is only making him all the more determined to succeed. It’s fantastic fun seeing Lex frantically trying to learn to be ‘perfect’ at a kind of role and task, and failing abysmally… BUT hopefully learning from his mistakes.

I look forward to the next chapter. Squeeee!!! It’s the Lex POV! I can’t wait. Please update soon!

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

very interesting and good i really can't wait for more so please update soon.

Re: Crawling Back (R) Chapter 10 6/06/08

Marvelous update, I like how much Lex loves Emma, and how he is trying to be a bit more honest with Chloe.
    Chloe must be afraid to love Lex again, I'm enjoying how you've brought in her mutation. Dagney

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information