+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Love of Two Men ( PG-13 ) Updated 6/20 COMPLETE

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Re: The Love of Two Men ( PG-13 )

This seems like a very interesting story so far. The name Lucas Luthor took me by complete surprise, mostly because I couldn’t imagine any Luthor, even one who was completely estranged from his family, being so ‘chummy’ with Bruce Wayne. But it seems like this version of Lucas has really grown into his own personality and identity, and I’d love to know how it happened. How did he start working for Bruce Wayne? How did they start to trust and enjoy each other’s company like this?

I was also surprised that Lex is not bothering to keep tabs on his little brother… But then again, I guess it must have been the ‘Blana factor’ that had lowered his famous IQ and attention to details.

Hmmm, the title of the story intrigues me. The love of TWO men? Obviously one man is Lucas, and I’m going to go out on a limb and say that the second one is Lex. The only question I have is whether this title is referring to the ‘love affair gone bad’ that the story keeps alluding to? Or is it a reference to Lex once again trying to pursue Chloe once he realizes what he has lost (to his brother no less)?

I look forward to seeing what happens next. I hope to find out WHAT went wrong in the Chlex relationahip that the first three chapters kept hinting at. And I can’t wait to see what develops between the couple now. Do Lex and Chloe get closure on… whatever it was that tore their ‘friendship’ apart? Do they actually manage to ‘rekindle’ the sparkage that was between them?

I can’t wait to find out, please update soon.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

I like this concept and I predict Lex isn't going to be able to handle the idea that Chloe is with his brother, despite the fact that he has moved on. By the way, I hope the idea of Lex and Lana isn't a permanent one. Please tell me that's going to end soon.

I am soooo not an addict tiger04's Avatar

You have me interested. I can’t wait to see what happens in the future chapters when lex finds out that chloe is now his sister in law.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Disclaimer: see chapter 1

A/N: Thanks a lot to my loyal readers. I appreciate your reviews

Today I'm posting two chapters to keep the installment balanced- there has to be a little Lexana but I believe you'll be pleased with how I've handled it.

Remember this is the first of two chapters. Enjoy !

Chapter 4: Night Falls Over Smallville

Lex and Lana's wedding was three days away, and the groom was talking on the phone with Sotheby's to make his final bid for an exquisite Renaissance madonna he intended to give Lana as a present.

“ A hundred and fifty, Harris..., “ he said on the mobile. “ Go up to three hundred... I don't care if it sounds preposterous. I want it, Harris. Bid ! “

“ Lex ? Am I disturbing ? “ asked Lana from the doorway.

“ No, no. Come in, “ he said. “ Is it ours ? Perfect. Have it sent to the mansion, “ he whispered to Harris. “It's been a pleasure as usual, “ he added, flipping the mobile shut. “ Hello, beautiful, “ he mouthed, walking round the desk and pressing a soft kiss on Lana's lips.

“ I've got some wonderful news to share with you, Lex, “ she said, wrapping her arms round his neck.

“ You've made me the happiest man on earth, Lana. What could possibly add to my bliss ? “

“ Lucas is coming to the wedding... “

“ I know. He's my best man. He's promised to be here. “

“ Yes, but he isn't coming alone. “

“ Has he convinced this paragon of virtue to join him then ? “

“ Do you mean his wife ? “ asked Lana, stressing the last word.

“ Wife ? Well, he's certainly beaten us. The last time we spoke he was besotted but still unmarried, “ said a surprised Lex.

“ You said he came over... when was it... ? Ten or eleven days ago ? “

“ Yes, that's right..., “ said Lex, eying Lana speculatively.

“ He's been married for six months, Lex. “

“ Six months ! Why would he keep this a secret ? “

“ Well, I've promised them I wouldn't spill the beans, so you'll have to wait three more days to get an answer to that question, “ she responded, standing on tiptoe to brush her lips with his.

“ You're trying to distract me, Lana ? “

“ How's it working so far ? “

“ You can keep on trying to see if it works, “ he answered, smiling broadly.

“ Can I ask you a favour, Lex ? “

“ Oh ! So all this was just a strategy to get me with my defences down ! Tell me... what is it ? “

“ May I borrow your car, Lex ? Mine's at the mechanic... Something to do with the carburator. I need to go to the dressmaker's for the final fitting. “

“ Why don't I drive you ? “suggested Lex, picking up the keys.

“ No, Lex. You aren't supposed to see the dress until the ceremony. “

“ I'll wait outside. “

“ Well... you see... there's something else I've got to do and... it's a surprise, Lex. Pleeease, pleease... “ she beseeched him. “ I'll be careful. “

“ You know you needn't get me anything, Lana. You've already given me the greatest of gifts, “ he murmured, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

“ Let me do this, Lex, “ she pleaded.

“ OK, you win, “ he said, handing her the keys. “ Drive carefully, Lana. “

“ Wipe that frown off your face, Lex. I'll be back in an hour, “ she finished, embracing him tightly and dropping a quick kiss on his mouth.

Lex had been on cloud nine since Lana told him she was expecting, and his usual protectiveness towards her was in overdride. It was difficult for him to control this urge to shelter her and the baby from harm. God knew he didn't want her to feel suffocated, but he had lost too many precious people in his life to risk losing her and their unborn child in the bargain.

Lana had had a lot of doubts about her relationship with Lex. Everything had happened so fast for her, or maybe she had been kidding herself and she hadn't wanted to see the signs that had always been there. She was scared to death. Scared that her love for him wasn't enough, of letting him down. What Lex felt for her couldn't be compared to what she once had with Clark- theirs was an innocent adolescent dream, and what Lex was offering her was grown-up passion. He said she'd given him the world, and whenever she looked in his eyes she believed him. Still, there were moments, when she was away from him, in which she didn't know who she was. Lana knew Lex would put the world at her feet, but she wasn't sure if she was enough woman to be with him.

Lex wondered if he shouldn't have stalled her somehow, asked for a chauffeur to come from Metropolis if she didn't want him to be in the way- but he had promised himself to curb his over-protectiveness. His musings came to an abrupt end the moment she turned the key in the ignition, and his silver Porsche burst in flames.
    Last edited by lexie; 27th June 2010 at 01:40.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Disclaimer: see Chapter 1.

Chapter 5: Harbinger of Bad News

“ Hey, Lucas ! Turn on the DVD player and pop in the film, “ said Chloe from the kitchen. “ I'm bringing the popcorn. “

“ I've brought two DVDs- an action film and a chick movie. Which one shall I put on first ? “

“ Put on the action film first, “ she said, putting the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table. “ If you play the chick one first, you'll doze off before the final credits. “

“ What are you hinting at ? “ he asked, throwing a cushion at her.

“ Come on ! You know you've just brought the romantic comedy to humour me, “ she answered, hitting him with the cushion before being interrupted by the bell. “ Who might be at this time of evening ? “ she asked with a puzzled look on her face.

“ It's Bruce ! “ said Lucas, looking through the peephole.

“ Bruce ? Is Vicki with him ? “

“ No, he's on his own, “ he responded, unlocking the door. “ Hey, Bruce ! What brings you to the neighbourhood on a Saturday evening ? Problems in paradise ? “ he asked jokingly.

“ I'm sorry for spoiling your evening, but I'm afraid I've got bad news. You see, the reason I'm here's... Lex. “

“ Lex ? What's the matter with him ? “ asked Lucas with a worried frown.

“ He's OK. Well... not exactly... there's been a car explosion. “

“ Is he injured ?” asked Chloe, turning off the TV.

“ No, he wasn't in the car. His fiancée was. “

“Lana ? “ asked Chloe chokingly. “ How is she ? “

“ I'm afraid she's dead, Chloe, “ answered a sober Bruce.

“ Dead ? Oh, my God, Lucas ! “ exclaimed Chloe, bursting into tears. “ Have you talked to Lex ? “ she asked Bruce. “ He must be devasted. Lucas, Lana and the baby... “

“I haven't spoken to Lex. He's unreachable, as you can imagine. Lionel phoned me and asked me to broach the news to you, Lucas, “ explained Bruce. “ The chopper's waiting for us at the heliport. We can be in Smallville within the hour, “ he offered.

“ You should go, Lucas. He'll need you there, “ said Chloe, wiping her eyes.

“ What about you, Chloe ? “ asked a blanched Lucas. “ Aren't you coming ? Lana was your friend once. Don't you want to say goodbye to her ? “

“ What she once was won't be there, Lucas. I doubt there's anything left of her. Besides, my turning up at her funeral would be like rubbing salt into a fresh wound. Seeing you happily married, while Lex's been stripped of everything, would make matters worse. No, I won't go. I had decided to attend the wedding, and I was still thinking of what I was going to say when I met him. Now, I would definitely not know what to tell him. “

“ OK. If that's how you feel... , “ said Lucas, kissing her on the forehead.

“ I'll pack your suitcase, “ responded a teary Chloe, walking into their bedroom.

God ! All those years she had tried so hard to hate him. She had convinced everybody, including herself, she loathed the very sound of his name. The truth was he had wounded her deeply- not with words but with the distance he'd put between them. For close to a year they had become partners and good friends. They had worked together to send Lionel to jail and then, once she had testified, he had started to avoid her as if he found her of no use any longer. She felt discarded like an old toy, discarded when she thought there was more to them than a mere friendship.

When Lucas had told her about Lex and Lana, she felt a little tightening in the pit of her stomach, but it had been a fleeting feeling. She was a happily married woman now, and she couldn't help but feel glad for him. She was tired of trying to hate him, and God knew there had been too much suffering in his life. Chloe had been ready to put the past behind, and attending the wedding would have been the first step to rebuild their friendship but, now, she couldn't find the courage to see him face to face.
    Last edited by lexie; 27th June 2010 at 01:41.

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

i alternate from nc17 fanfiction forum to la la land...

THATS IT?? thats my comment... MORE PLEEEASE>>> definately didnt see that one coming, please more history on lex and chloes
    i do so like green eggs and ham
    i do so like them...sam i am
    –Dr Seuss “Green Eggs And Ham”--

Lana dying? I did not see that one coming...but when thinking it makes perfect sense. Lex would not cheat...he tries so hard to be not his dad.
    More please.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

I recognized that you were making Lana and by extension Lexana nice, but it's ingrained in my brain to rebel against it and I couldn't be upset for what happened to Lana, even though this Lana hadn't seemed to earn any of my anger, but I am sorry for the pain this will cause Lex. I actually hope Lex will have time to get over his grief before he sees Chloe again, since I'm also worried that a relationship with Chloe would be a rebound thing.

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Hi Lexie
    It`s me, Malu1 from fanfiction.net
    I usually read your fics there first and end up reviewing there
    But today I read here first so here`s my review

Well... I don`t know if it`s my PMS or I`m just a bad bad person but I`m not sorry for Lana... LOL
    I`m not so sorry for Lex either because he did hurt Chloe so he had to suffer the bastard.
    I`m curious to know how Lana knew about Lucas`s wedding and if she knew that Chloe is his wife.
    And please don`t let Lucas suffer when Chloe and Lex get back together in the end. He`s a good guy and deserves to be happy.
    Give us more soon please
    Malu

Disclaimer: see Chapter 1 for a complete disclaimer.

A/N: thanks a lot for the amazing reviews. I'm extremely pleased by the overall reaction of my readers towards Lana's characterisation and the unfortunate turn of events. Even though all of you are Chlexers, I've managed to stir some sympathy among her detractors- I must be doing something right ! Still, Chloe remains my favourite female character and I believe she's the woman for Lex.

Here's a three-part installment to compensate for the short length of the chapters. Enjoy and keep those reviews coming !!!

CHAPTER 6: Lifeline

Six months later

“ Gentlemen, it's been a pleasure doing business with you, “ said Wayne, shaking hands with a couple of Dutch engineers.

“ We hope to have news for you soon, Mr Wayne, “ said the elder man.

“ I'm looking forward to it, Mr Van Der Hoven, “ said Bruce , seeing them to the lift. “ Lucas ! “ he shouted once the doors shut behind the foreigners. “ Could I have a word with you, please ? “

“ Certainly, Bruce, “ answered the youngest of the Luhtors. “ Is anything the matter with the contracts I've left on your desk ? “he asked nervously.

“ No, no. It isn't about business, my friend. Have you talked to your brother lately ? “

“ I've tried to reach him several times after the funeral but he won't answer my calls. I talked with dad last week, but he couldn't tell me much . “

“ I assume they're not on good terms as usual. “

“ Worse than ever. Dad's tried to shake him and has only succeeded in alienating him even more. “

“ I imagine... I saw him last Friday when I went to Metropolis to close the deal with Octagon. “

“ Did you see dad ? “

“ No. Lex. Well, in fact, I caught a glimpse of him, but what I saw unsettled me, Lucas. I know that look on his face; it's the same one I saw in my mirror when the man that killed my parents got away with murder. He must be obsessed with hunting down whoever's responsible for Lana's death.But if we don't help him, he'll finish himself. I've been thinking... would you mind if I invited him over ? “

“ You could try but I don't see what difference it would make. I'm not sure he'd answer your call. He's kind of a hermit nowadays. “

“ Lex has never been one to turn down a profitable business proposition, Lucas. If I were to disguise the invitation as business, do you think he'd come ? “

“ What exactly do you have in mind ? “ asked a puzzled Lucas.

“I'm thinking of proposing him a partnership. “

“ Are you planning on bringing him into the new project ? “ he asked with a frown. “ Do you think it'd be wise ? “

“ I've known your brother since childhood, Lucas. He's never more driven than when he's hurting. I remember what he was like when his mum passed away. “

“ You're the boss, Bruce. I'm aware you've asked out of politeness but your mind's already made up. Go ahead, then. I'll talk with Chloe. “

“ Does he know you're married to her ? “

“ We didn't speak about that at the funeral, Bruce. “

Wayne contacted Lex not by phone but by courier. Gotham's billionaire was aware that Lex would only consider being part of the Terra Project if he saw all the details on paper- written dossiers were the safest way to his agile business mind. Bruce was convinced that the potential of developing avant-garde satellites to locate sought-after exhaustible mineral resources, such as oil, coal and water, would prove irresistible to the other most elegible bachelor in America. And he was right. Two days later, Bruce's secretary put Lex's call through.
    Last edited by lexie; 27th June 2010 at 01:41.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information