+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Love of Two Men ( PG-13 ) Updated 6/20 COMPLETE

Re: The Love of Two Men ( PG-13 ) Updated 6/11

Love the update!!!! what else has Lucy been up to???

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Hi, girls ! Thanks a lot for your encouraging reviews. As to your question about the contents of the package, you seem to have forgotten the first chapters of this fic. I advise you to re-read them, particularly chapter 4.
    Nyx, what exactly don´t you get about Bruce´s words ?
    Last edited by lexie; 12th November 2009 at 01:16.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Uppss my mistake, sorry I corrected now, it was suppose to be:

What is Wayne talking about? instead of What is Wayne taking about?

Well I guess next time I'll have to be more careful.

So what is going to happen? And I hope you'll update soon!

Disclaimer: see Chapter 1.

A/N: I'd like to thank all my faithful readers and reviewers at and NS for their constant support and encouragement. I hope this final installment's up to your expectations.

Although this fic ends here, I invite you to accompany Chloe and Lex once again by reading the first chapters of my new story, “ Hope and Happiness “, which I've just posted.

Enjoy and don't forget to review !

CHAPTER 28: Gifts

Gotham Memorial Hospital

Chloe’s waters broke around six o'clock in the morning, stirring to life the household at Wayne Mansion and the always serviceable butler Alfred. He was the one to take the matter in his hands for Bruce turned out to be useless around a woman in the family way. It was Alfred who brought the car to the driveway and helped her hop in to drive her to hospital. Meanwhile, Vicki, who had attended Lammasse with Chloe for two months, turned up in hospital at about eight. Four hours later, Chloe was ready for the delivery room, and at quarter past twelve, Alexandra Lillian Luthor was born.

Lex arrived in Gotham at one o'clock and was driven to hospital by Bruce, who had checked on the patient to make sure everything had been taken care of. Chloe had been given a private room in the Wayne Aisle of Gotham Memorial and received VIP treatment. Bruce wouldn't have had it any other way, and he knew Lex would appreciate his efforts.

“ Hi, Lex ! “ exclaimed Vicki, leaving Chloe's room. “ I'm glad you could make it. “

“ How are they ? “ asked Lex with a catch in his voice.

“ She's exhausted but fine. And the baby girl's perfectly healthy, “ responded a smiling Vicki. ” Chloe 's sleeping now, but I'd like to stretch my legs. Would you mind keeping her company for a while, Lex ? “

“ No, Vicki. I'd like that very much, “ he answered.

Lex entered the room and let his eyes rest on the young woman who lay sleeping. He approached the bed and, looking at her closely, brushed some strands of her hair off her forehead. Despite the long hours of labour, she positively glowed. ' Radiant ' had always been the adjective that came to Lex's mind to describe Chloe’s demeanour. She had a radiant smile, and she radiated warmth. He could bask in that warmth for hours.

“ Lex ? “ she murmured sleepily.

“ Hi, Chloe. How are you ? “

“ You've come, “ she smiled.

“ You thought I wouldn't come ? “ asked Lex hurt.

“ Vicki said you would, but I had my doubts, “ she confessed. “ You never phoned or came to visit. I thought it was the old story repeating itself, “ she added with teary eyes.

“ Chloe, I owe you an explanation. “

“ There's no need to explain. Let bygones be bygones, Lex. What matter's you're here now. “

“ No, Chloe. In order to start afresh, things must be clear between the two of us. You must know why I did what I did twelve years ago. “

“ I think I know now, Lex. Vicki started me thinking. You were scared, weren't you ? “

“ Yes, I was scared of many things. I was scared of ruining your future. You had such a promising career ahead. I thought I would asphyxiate you with my emotionals demands. You were right that night at the restaurant when you talked about ' need '. I need to be needed, Chloe. It's the selfish streak in me. Lana needed me, and when my dad's trial was over you didn't need me any more. “

“ Is that how you see yourself, Lex ? As someone disposable ? “

“ Before coming to Smallville, I'd had only one true friend, a boy called Duncan, someone who saw beyond my name and my millions. People have always come close to me out of interest, Chloe.”

“ I wasn't all people, Lex. I'm not all people. I needed you, yes, but after a year of working together to put your dad behind bars that need turn into something else. Was it because you felt unworthy of that feeling that you pushed me away ? “

“ I thought I'd answered that question, Chloe, when I told you sometimes one's got to compromise. It didn't matter what I wanted then, there was a lot more at stake than my feelings for you, Chloe, “ said Lex, getting up and picking up a wrapped gift. “ I've brought you something. “

“ You needn't bring me anything, Lex. Your being here is present enough, “ she murmured, looking at him in the eye.

“ Take it, please. I want you to have it, “ he responded with glassy eyes. “ Please, Chloe. Humour me. “

“ OK. Let's see what we've got here, “ she said, tearing the paper to reveal a Renaissance Madonna. “ My God, Lex ! “ she exclaimed chokingly. “ I can't accept this. It's too much. It belongs in a museum, Lex, where people can see it. Besides, I couldn't pay the insurance premium, and don't say you would because..., “ blurted Chloe before Lex stopped her by placing a finger on her mouth.

“ It's a very special gift for a very special moment. I bought it the day Lana was killed. It was to be her wedding present, but I never dared look at it until this morning. “

“ Excuse me, “ said a nurse, opening the door just a crack. “ Feeding time, Mrs Luthor, “ she said, stepping in with a bundle.

“ Sure. Come in, “ said Chloe, taking the baby.

“ She's beautiful, Chloe, “ said Lex with a smile, caressing the baby's cheek. “ Have you chosen her name yet ? “

“ Alexandra Lillian's her name, “ she responded, loking at the baby girl. “ She'll be red-haired like all Luthors by the looks of her. “

“ She has her mum's eyes. They're green like yours. “

“ Well, we'll have to wait for that. You know, eye colour changes the first months. “

“ Chloe ? “

“ Yes ? “ she said, meeting his eyes.

“ Are you willing to give me a second chance ? “ he asked, pleading with his eyes.

“ Never beg, Lex. I told you once that you deserved better than a woman's gratitude. You're a worthy man, Lex. Yes, I'll give us a second chance, “ she responded, stroking his cheek with a hand and giving him a quick kiss on the mouth.
    Last edited by lexie; 27th June 2010 at 01:48.

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Disclaimer: see Chapter 1

A/N: This is the real end folks !

CHAPTER 29: Epilogue

HEAVY BLOW FOR CHINESE MOB AND GERMAN CRIME SYNDICATE: Gotham's caped crusader and Metropolis' Man of Steel aid to unravel the mystery behind the Luthors' murders

by Vicki Vale

Ten months ago Metropolis and the mid-western Kansas town of Smallville were shocked by the early and tragic demise of Alexander Joseph Luthor's pregnant fiancée, Lana Lang, as the result of a car bombing which- according to recent revelations- had been aimed at murdering the billionaire himself.

The Luthor family suffered another casualty six months later when the youngest of Lionel Luthor's offspring was shot dead by a sniper while coming out of Wayne Enterprises with his elder brother. Lucas Luthor died almost immediately in the arms of Lexcorp's CEO, leaving his wife of a year- the young reporter Chloe Sullivan- a pregnant widow.

After four months of extensive detective work, the police enquiry has come to a close. The aggrieved Metropolis billionaire joined forces with his boarding-school friend and fellow businessman Bruce Wayne to uncover the truth behind the two murders. Their private research was aided by the resourceful Luthor widow and her own cousin, the well-known Daily Planet reporter Lois Lane, as well as by two of America's most beloved heroes, Batman and Superman.

The investigation revealed connections between a local gambling house called Yang- which the late Lucas Luthor used to frequent- and the Chinese mob. The youngest Luthor had apparently incurred some heavy debts which made him an easy prey for the unscrupulous Chinese. Finding himself unable to cancel them, he was forced to use his job at Wayne Enterprises to launder racketeering money through some of its smallest companies. Once the dollars were laundered, a contact in Switzerland- fellow gambler and wife´s cousin Lucy Lane- was in charge of making the deposits in the secret accounts. Miss Chloe Sullivan's cousin was being coerced by a German Crime Syndicate to take part in the scheme as a means of having her own gambling debts cancelled.

The murders of both Miss Lang and Lucas Luthor were unfortunate accidents, according to Chung Yang, the man who planted the bomb in Alexander J. Luthor's Porsche and who- having failed the first time at killing him- made a second attempt from the rooftop of Galaxy Enterprises in Gotham. He confessed that the Yangs' plan had been to murder Lionel Luthor's first-born and heir in order to force the younger Lucas to return the laundered money he and his accomplice had kept for themselves.

On analysing the files on her late husband's laptop, Gotham's intrepid reporter Chloe Sullivan came across some disturbing information which has helped INTERPOL, the German and Chinese State Police disband an international gem smuggling racket of major proportions. The Chinese-German criminals involved in the operation were also planning on blackmailing the youngest Luthor to have access to the latest Wayne Enterprises-Lexcorp project, ' Terra '. This new satellite would have provided the organisation with invaluable information necessary to locate the precious stones the underground market was asking them for.

INTERPOL has informed in a recent news release that the whole organisation was dismantled last week and that the people in police custody will have their hearings within a fortnight. Alexander Joseph Luthor is expected to make an appearance at Lucy Lane´s hearing to plead in her favour.

This reporter will fly to Berlin next week to cover the story and keep her readers informed of the latest developments.

Author's note: Our sincerest congratulations to our fellow reporter, Miss Chloe Sullivan-Luthor, on her recent motherhood. Miss Alexandra Lillian Luthor was born at Gotham Memorial sometime after twelve o'clock yesterday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ALEXANDRA LILLIAN LUTHOR

beloved daughter of Lucas and Chloe was

born in Gotham yesterday morning.

May she bring happiness and comfort to the Luthors

in these special hours.

Love,

CLARK KENT AND LOIS LANE

THE END

Find a downloadable PDF version on my master list.
    Last edited by lexie; 27th February 2011 at 21:46. Reason: link

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Re: The Love of Two Men ( PG-13 ) Updated 6/20

Excellent work!

And this:

"Never beg, Lex. I told you once that you deserved better than a woman's gratitude. You're a worthy man, Lex. Yes, I'll give us a second chance, “ she responded, stroking his cheek with a hand and giving him a quick kiss on the mouth.
    was awesome.

I was stunned that Lex was willing to be Lana's second choice, so I am always happy to see a fic get it right

Also, this:

ALEXANDRA LILLIAN LUTHOR

beloved daughter of Lucas and Chloe was

born in Gotham yesterday morning.

May she bring happiness and comfort to the Luthors

in these special hours.

Love,

CLARK KENT AND LOIS LANE
    brought tears to my eyes. I know that Lex isn't Lois or Clark's most favorite person, so I think this was rather a thoughtful gesture.

Great work with this fic!
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Very lovely ending. Glad to see that everything was solved and very happy to know that the birth was fine. I'm happy that Chloe and Lex are getting their second chance.

I loved the ending.

The name of the baby definitely works "Alexandra Lilian Luthor" sweet!

Bruce Wayne say: “ It's time, Lex. “
    Now I understand, he called Lex to inform him Chloe was in labor.

Its funny the way how you ended the fic, the last chapter written like a newspaper report.

Great work, I'll be waiting your next fanfic!

Fan Artist, Fanfic Lover Senior Member Esther25jm's Avatar

Aww, this was great!! So glad that Lex explained to Chloe why things didn't work out in the past, but I'm uber glad that they're able to get past it and work things out. Loved baby Alexandra Lillian's name and the congrats from Clark/Lois. You did a great job with this story.

My interpretation? I LOVED it!! I love how you tie everything together in your epilogue as well as recognizing Chloe's love for Lucas so that he remains a vital character in her past. I think your writing is excellent and I enjoyed it very much!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information