+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Scofield Standard Time (R) COMPLETED

NS Full Member

Re: Scofield Standard Time (R) Ch 15 12/11

So close! Let's hope that Lex can come to the rescue!

*crosses fingers*

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Re: Scofield Standard Time (R) Ch 15 12/11

AN: Okay, this story is finally wrapping up. I have no excuse for the lateness of this chapter, so if you are still reading, please let me know what you think.

Ch 16

It had been surprisingly easy to obtain the transfer order.

Lex had made a few calls, one most notably to Judge Ross in Topeka, and the next thing he knew, Chloe Sullivan and Sarah Donovan were wanted for questioning by the FBI. The official paperwork listed them as "persons of interest" which was vague enough to arouse suspicions, and get the extradition papers filed in a timely manner, but not specific enough to where actual proof had to be shown.

The Kansas Department of Corrections had predictably balked at the lateness of the transfer request, but when the words "Patriot Act" were muttered, they had quieted down.

Never let it be said that the state of Kansas was not behind the war on terror.

So now Lex stood outside of the gates of Fox River, with two armed Federal agents, two Metropolis uniformed cops, and six of his own security force. The Feds had tried to strong-arm Lex from being there, but he made it clear that he had no intention of leaving until Chloe and her mom had left the prison, and were in Federal custody.

He breathed a silent prayer that this nightmare would be over tonight.

~~~

"T-Bag, I want you to remove their straightjackets."

T-Bag had been leaning against Dr. Bellick's desk, and staring at Chloe with open delight. He was excited at the prospect of time alone with the pretty little fish, especially while she was tied into a straightjacket.

At the doctor's words, T-Bag's face fell.

"But Doc, are you sure you want to do that? I mean, we still don't know how these two managed to get out of their cells."

Dr. Bellick smiled at T-Bag's obvious disappointment, and nodded her head with certainty. "Yes I'm sure. You know how I can't stand to see prisoners in those things."

After Miss Tancredi reluctantly left Dr. Bellick's office, Chloe had sat in silence. She kept going over how the plan had failed, and how she had let her mother down. She had been so deep in her thoughts that she's missed T-Bag's practically salivating in his lap at the sight of her tied up.

But at hearing Bellick's words, Chloe snorted derisively, and shook her head in disbelief. "You two are a real couple of winners, aren't you?"

She craned her neck to look at T-Bag. "Just to let you know, I'm going to see to it that you rot in jail for all of the people you've killed."

Chloe then directed her gaze at Dr. Bellick. "In fact, I'm going to see to it that you both get put away."

She paused to make sure that Bellick was listening to every word she said. "You do realize that he's been killing prisoners don't you? Women that were in your care? Patients that you were responsible for?"

Chloe waited a moment for the doctor's reaction, but she shook her head again at Bellick's blank look. "Their deaths don't mean anything to you, do they?"

T-Bag had been untying Chloe, but when he heard the ugly accusations being made against the doctor, he couldn't listen to another word. He suddenly grabbed a handful of Chloe's hair and yanked her head backwards.

Chloe cried out at the pain, and T-Bag smiled with grim satisfaction. "That's right girlie, cry all you want! You can threaten me until the cows come home, but nobody talks to the doc that a way!"

Dr. Bellick reached out and loosened T-Bag s grip on Chloe's hair. "Now, none of that. Chloe is just reacting to the situation and lashing out. She's worried for her mother and herself, so she is attacking the only authority figure in the room."

Chloe could feel her anger rising, and she tried her best to contain her reaction, but she couldn't seem to stop herself from laughing sarcastically. "You have got to be kidding me. After all of this, you're now going to try and analyze me?"

Bellick held up her hand to stop T-Bag, who had taken a step towards Chloe. "Untie Sarah now T-Bag."

For a second Chloe thought that T-Bag was going to disobey Bellick, but he lowered his head, and walked towards Sarah. But just before her turned to loosen her mom's straightjacket, T-Bag had looked up and glared at Chloe, promising to make good on all of his personal fantasies.

Even after everything, this made Chloe angrier. She was not about to be cowed, either by the doctor or her sidekick. And she was certainly not going to let this perverted psychopath see that she was scared, so Chloe sat straight in her chair, and glared right back at him, promising to make good on her own set of threats.

Bellick interrupted the silent showdown, by walking between T-Bag and Chloe, and sparing a pitying glance in Chloe's direction. "Now, T-Bag, we must show mercy and compassion. The poor thing has really been put through the ringer. It's no wonder she snapped."

At those words, Chloe's and Sarah both looked up. They exchanged a quick look, and then Chloe spoke up. "What do you mean I snapped?"

Dr. Bellick took a seat at her desk as she faced the mother and daughter. She stared at a file on her desk while she spoke. "No one was surprised at your second suicide attempt. In the weeks since your arrival at Fox River, you had been a belligerent, defiant, and violent prisoner. A day hasn't gone by that you haven't fought with the other patients, the nurses and the orderlies. In fact, on one occasion, you smuggled a butter knife into your cell from the cafeteria. You were found to be sharpening it to use as a weapon. That stunt got you three days in the hole."

Bellick looked up from Chloe's file. "You did not react favorably to solitary confinement. And sadly, you were refusing to come to terms with your own mental illness."

Dr. Bellick finally stopped reading to look right at Chloe. "Unfortunately for all involved, your second suicide attempt proved to be successful."

Chloe had been shocked into silence at listening to Bellick's lies, but after hearing about her own impending demise, she found her voice again. "That will never work. My family and friends would never believe that I committed suicide."

Bellick's smiled coldly in response. "You've been incarcerated in a hospital for the criminally insane. The public will believe anything I tell them about you and your behavior in this place."

Sarah had been silent for all of Dr. Bellick's speech, but upon hearing the threat of Chloe's death, she spoke up. With a calmness that chilled everyone in the room, Sarah said, "You touch one hair on my daughter's head, and I will kill you with my bare heads."

T-Bag paled, but still managed to keep his composure, because for all of his bravura, he was a coward at heart, who enjoyed bullying people weaker then himself. Threats to his own personal safety were to be avoided at all costs.

Beside him. Dr, Bellick smiled and turned to Chloe expectantly. "Do you see how violent your mother is? Do you really think she should be left out in society? You do know what happened the last time she got out right? And what you have to look forward to?”

When asked about it later, Chloe would swear that she literally saw red when Bellick had callously thrown her own impending mental illness in her face.

And seeing her mother flinch at Bellick's words took whatever remaining restraint Chloe had and threw it out the window.

Without a thought to her safety, Chloe leaped to her feet and got into Bellick's face. "I know my mom needs psychiatric help, you stupid bitch! I want her in another facility, AWAY FROM YOU!"

And before either T-Bag or Bellick could stop her, Chloe's fist jabbed out, and she punched Bellick right in the nose. Blood started to spurt out, and Bellick stood stock still before shrieking at T-Bag to stop Chloe.

T-Bag did not need to be told twice. But by the time he rounded the desk, and had his blackjack in his hand, Chloe was crouched down and ready to attack. He had started to swing his night stick, when Chloe took him by surprise by launching herself at him, with her fists and elbows flying.

Bellick's eyes were fastened on T-Bag and Chloe's fighting, so she didn't see Sarah's pulling the fire alarm until the bells started ringing.

She instantly whirled around and screamed at Sarah, “What have you done?”

Sarah didn’t have a chance to answer, because within seconds of the alarm being pulled, the prisons’ correctional officers, and orderlies, filled the office.

Bellick closed her eyes in resignation when she heard, "FBI! Put your hands where I can see them!"
    Last edited by Kit Merlot; 7th June 2009 at 03:16.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Re: Scofield Standard Time (R) Ch 16 5/29/07

OK,your "return" was unexpected. But I sure am not complaining. I would love to read more. So continue.

Love this story, I hope this isn't the end. I want to see T-Bag and the Doc get what's coming to them!

Keep up the great work!

Fan Artist, Fanfic Lover Senior Member Esther25jm's Avatar

SQUEE!!!! Awesome chapter and am so happy that Chloe got to kick some ass while Lex was outside with help. I'm sitting by the edge of my seat for more!!! Can't wait!!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

That was a great chapter! Go Chloe!!
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

i don't know how, but for some reason i managed to miss this fic. but after finding it i can't help but become totally engrossed in the story that you've written. you are the only writer that has been able to mix up my emotions with such ease. one second i could literally feel my heart pounding, my nails biting into my hands, the next i'm practically biting my nails. amazing fic!!!

i'm so glad that lex was there to save the day, and chloe was not some defenseless female either. i bow to the master! this is just too good!!! i love how you've written this story. i didn't even suspect the doctor, i really thought she had good intentions, but the cold way she delivered the success of chloe's second suicide attempt...i almost wanted to scream that she knew lex luthor! he would make you pay if you even touch a hair on chloe's blonde hear.

amazing kit! i just can't get over this, i mean seriously! awesome! more soon please!!!!

Re: Scofield Standard Time (R) COMPLETED

Oohhh!! I love it! Specially because even crazy people know Chlex is meant to be, doesn't that say something??

This is really great, and by far one of the most original plots I've heard.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Great fic, Kit!

Chloe and Lex are the perfect couple to play an escape alla Michael Scofield. Loved how you played with the names of the characters from Prison Break. Hope youŽll write something this good pretty soon.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

What an amazing story! I haven't watched Prison Break so I didn't get any of the references that the others were talking about but I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

You are a seriously talented story teller and I have enjoyed reading your work.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information