+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Christmas Trap (PG-15) EPILOGUE Dec 25th, 2010 COMPLETE

Fan Artist, Fanfic Lover Senior Member Esther25jm's Avatar

Re: The Christmas Trap (PG-15) CH2 Nov 29th, 2010

Love, pure love! Heh, I'm curious as to what exactly Lex is going to put Julian through, but also giddy that he's finding Chloe the only blonde he's ever been attracted to. Oh man, Lexie, you're getting me all googly-eyed over sleeping Lex & Timmy! GAH! I completely understand Chloe's thoughts while seeing them together, especially since Timmy doesn't like many people. Such a heartfelt scene! Ooh, Lex doesn't know that she's friends with Clark, either! YES!!! Can't wait for that reveal! I'm just loving it all! Great update and can't wait for more!

I absolutely loved it!!
    Lex falling asleep in the rocking chair with Timmy on his chest was precious.
    I can see Lex using the fact that Julian told Chloe he was gay to his advantage.
    Thanks again for the awesome update, and I look forward to more!!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Aww that was a sweet update. Lex found himself a little family. The baby knows what is up.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Yes, the fact that her precious little baby liked Joseph certainly added to the riddle that was Jules´ gay cousin.
    I think that line pretty much says it all!! HAHA. Great new chapter. Lex and Timmy are a combination of adorable and very funny. I'm hoping for a little healthy competition between brothers (over Chloe of course) in future chapters. As much as I like Julian's character, Chloe clearly belongs with Lex! I can't wait for more!!

-emms14

NS Member

This fic is just the thing i would choose to read Christmas morning while enjoying a warm drink, but it is also one of the stories i would reread any time of the year to get a dose of the Chlex essence and be happy about it! I am so happy you decided to post this story, obviously it was simply waiting for the right moment to amaze readers! Let the muse be with you! The scene of Lex and Timmy sleeping was genius, Clark`s entrance in to the plot was unexpected, but not unpleasant, i am looking forward to seeing what else you have in store for us!

*clapping* What a great update, Lexie!! I really enjoyed this one - especially Lex's decision to stick it out and help people in need! Awesome update!!!

NS Full Member

Domestic, paternal Lex is just too endearing for words! With a snow storm fast approaching, I wouldn't be surprised if Lex and Chloe ended up snowed in at the apartment together for a good portion of the week. I liked how even though Lex is only playing a part, he still resolved not to disappointment or let down Timmy and Chloe as long as he's occupying this particular place in their lives. However I wonder how long its going to be before the lines of reality and the "act" begin to blur and Lex falls head first into the trap. Fun times ahead! Thanks so much Lexie. This fic is well on its way to greatness!

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

A/N: I'd like to thank each and every one of you for your wonderful feedback. I've used the Thank You button to do so with a few, I'll do it later with others because I realised the other day that there's a limit to how many people you can Thank on one day using it... By the way, the button disappears for a few hours if you attempt it.

Here's the new chapter. Enjoy!

CHAPTER FIVE

Chloe was getting ready to venture outside when the wind chimes next to the front door rang and Joseph crossed the threshold with a Zerpa-looking Timmy in his arms. Her heart skipped a beat when Julian´s cousin located her and their eyes met across the suddenly quiet parlour. God, he looked even yummier in street clothes! And judging by the drooling looks he was getting from Susan´s clientele, she wasn´t the only one who found him breathtakingly attractive. She wondered what they would say if she were to drop the bomb he played for the other team- she was naughtily tempted to do it just to have them stop leering at him.

“He´s a hunk,” mouthed Susan when Chloe approached the hairdresser to pay.

“And off-limits,” the blonde reporter added to herself.

“Isn´t he...” started one of the gossipy clients.

“Lex Luthor?” finished a loud brunette, shooting the man and a baby a sidelong glance.

“He´s a cousin of Julian´s,” Susan corrected them.” Here´s your change, sweetie,” she added with a knowing smile. “Oh, my! Look who´s come to visit Aunt Susan!” she exclaimed, walking towards Lex, whose eyes flashed briefly with a twinge of panic and then cleared when the woman grazed the baby´s cheek. “He´s so cute. A pity he doesn´t like to be carried so much,” she sighed when the boy started to fuss and whimper.

“I´ll take him,” Chloe interrupted her, stretching out her arms. “He´s sleepy, poor lamb,” she smiled when he yawned.

“He´s been napping since you left. He´s just drowsy after the bottle he had,” replied Lex.

“You must be Joseph,” smiled Susan warmly, stretching out a hand to give him a handshake.

“That´s right,” he said, accepting the greeting.

“So what do you think of our leafy little hamlet? It must be a big change for someone as cosmopolitan as you.”

“It has its allures,” he responded, holding Chloe´s gaze.

'He´s faking, remember? You´re just imagining things,´ Gabe´s daughter told herself. “What Joseph means is that Smallville´s where his favourite cousin lives.”

“Jules is a great kid. Now the old devil´s an entirely different story,” stated the middle-aged hairdresser. “Do you...”

“Sorry for interrupting, Susan, but we have to do a couple of errands before the streets get impassable,” Chloe butted in. “Thanks for the tip, by the way.”

“Oh, sure! “ smiled the older woman, trying to hide her disappointment.

“Shall we?” the blonde reporter told Lex, adjusting the baby´s cap.

“I have the car parked at the front,” he responded, grabbing the doorknob.

“It´s been nice to meet you,” chimed in Susan as they stepped out.

“Merry Christmas,” replied Lex politely, shutting the door.

The temperature had dropped a couple of degrees since he left The Talon with Timmy, and the wind was now blowing stronger.

“Thanks for the lift,” Chloe told him inside the car, rubbing her hands close to the heating system.

“I´m sorry for dragging the baby with me,” he responded turning on the ignition.

“It´s all right. He´s warm and as much as I´d like to keep him in a glass cabinet till he gets married, he should build up his defences. I didn´t know you´d brought your car with you.”

“Jules had it towed. I had a mechanical problem near the airfield on the way to Smallville and had to leave it on the side of the road. One of the Luthor chauffeurs gave me a lift and then sent for it,” he explained. “What?” he cocked an eyebrow when he saw her shake her head.

“Nothing... it´s just... this isn´t the kind of vehicle I imagined you´d drive. I pride myself on my not being prejudiced and it´s the only thing I´ve been since I met you.”

“Well, to tell you the truth; it isn´t my car. It´s rented,” he confessed.” I thought a middle-class American car would be more suitable for a `baby-sitter´ than my German sports car,” he smirked.

“Trying to make a good impression, eh?”

“You can´t blame me. Having the Luthor surname isn´t the best of credentials.”

“About that... I´m sorry about Susan. She´s nice, but you know what it´s like to be a small town´s hairdresser- beauty parlours are hotbeds of gossip- and... her father-in-law... well... let´s say he didn´t get the best deal when LuthorCorp bought his lands to build the plant.”

“No kidding,” he mumbled.”Where to now?”

“Home. I just used the excuse of the errands to take us away from there. I was afraid she was going to start pestering you with questions about your family and... Jules told me you and his dad don´t get on well with each other... It didn´t seem fair... you know?”

“I know,” he said with a tired smile, wondering when it was that someone other than Julian had cared enough to do something nice for him without expecting anything in return.

THE APARTMENT ABOVE THE TALON

By the time they got to the flat, the visibility was severely reduced and Chloe was looking forward to a mug of cocoa to warm up- coffee was her first love but since she was breast-feeding she had to make do with her second guilty pleasure.

“I´m making a cup of hot cocoa for me. Would you care for one?” she asked Lex as he left his coat on the sofa and she opened the tap to fill the whistling kettle.” Maybe we could borrow some whipped cream from downstairs. I don´t think Lana would mind.”

“I´ll fetch it,” he replied, walking to the door.

“See if there´s some chocolate cake left. After all, if we don´t eat it, Pete will.”

“I´ll buy this time.”

“Forget it. What´s this?” she asked, picking up a folder from the top of her desk.

“Your work. Printed and ready to be delivered,” he said matter-of-factly, seeing her leaf through the colourful binders.

“This is too much. I was only supposed to type them not to bind them. I don´t know if they´ll be willing to pay more than we agreed, anyway.”

“Your work´s worth it. How much do you usually charge, by the way?”

“Why? Do you need me to type some corporative report? Typing high school papers is an honest job, Mr Luthor.”

“It wasn´t my intention to offend you. I just think someone with your credentials could get something better.”

“This is something temporary. There´s an opening to do some secretarial work for a local attorney. He´s interviewing tomorrow.”

“Henry Small?” he asked curious. A job with a gutsy environmentalist, who had never been afraid to fight sharks and powerful corporations such as LuthorCorp was more in keeping with what Lex knew about her. Her present occupation was definitely beneath her potential; she deserved better. However, Lex couldn´t help but question the wisdom of working for an employer such as Small when Chloe had someone´s safety other than hers to consider.

“No. Andrew Connors. He has a much smaller practice but the pay´s good.”

Lex took mental note of the name and decided to see into the matter straightaway.

“Would you resign your post at The Ledger?”

“It´d depend on his offer.”

“I´ll fetch the cream,” he responded after a small pause.

“Who´s Andrew Connors?” Lex snapped on the mobile in the quiet of The Talon´s kitchen.

“What? No `Hello, little bro´. How was your day?´ ? Lex, you´re getting as grumpy as the old man.”

“Don´t you dare compare me to him, Jules. There´s no time for small talk. Tell me everything you know about Dr Andrew Connors.”

“Connors... Connors...” he murmured pensively.

“Come on, Jules! How many people inhabit this small town? And how many of them are lawyers?”

“A lawyer?”

“Yes, an attorney-at-law. I´ve never heard of him so he´s definitely out of Small´s league or I wouldn´t be asking you for information.”

“Why this sudden interest in a small town attorney? I told you it´s bad news to mix business with pleasure. Have you spooked yet another gorgeous brunette lawyer of yours? How the mighty have fallen! Searching for a lawyer in Hickville.”

“Juuules...” hissed Lex in a threatening voice.

“Lex, I´ve never had problems with the law. Not even a parking ticket. You´re barking at the wrong tree, man. You´re the experienced one. Maybe I should ask Dad.”

“Don´t. I don´t want to owe him any favours.”

“You haven´t told me why you´re interested in this Connors yet.”

“Chloe´s having a job interview with him tomorrow morning.”

“Oooh!!!”

“Yes, oh! You´re the one who should be asking questions. She´s even considering giving up journalism, Julian.”

“She said that?”

“Not in so many words.”

“Well... she´s a grown-up girl, Lex. She can do whatever she wants. Besides, who are we to tell her what´s best? Wasn´t you who said she isn´t the kind to let anyone dictate what she should do or think?”

“Yes, I know what I said. But I believe she might be making a mistake. I´d hate to see someone with her potential bury herself and her boy in this Godforsaken town. She shouldn´t have to give up her dreams to be able to make ends meet.”

“Wow. I thought I´d never hear you sing the praises of a reporter.”

“You didn´t tell me she´d gone against Dad when she lived here as a teenager.”

“Oh, so that´s her appeal!”

“We aren´t talking about appeal here. You´re the one interested in romancing her. I´m just expressing my respect for someone who´s not only dared fight Lionel Luthor but also survived in one piece and even earned the bastard´s admiration.”

“Did you order a background check on her to see if she was on dad´s payroll?”

“I´m just looking out for my little brother.”

“I told you what you see is what you get with Chloe.”

“People can surprise you, Jules.”

“You´re a cynic. You like her, don´t you?”

“Connors, Jules, “ he cut him off.

“You´ll have to do your own digging, Lex, because I don´t know anything for or against the guy. By the way, you´ll be baby-sitting tomorrow night. I´m taking Chloe out. Gotta go, the dragon´s just arrived,” he chuckled, hanging up.

Lex snapped his mobile shut and wondered for the umpteenth time if his little brother wasn´t playing him. The young tycoon knew he was doing the unmentionable out of love- trying to secure the affection of the only person who hadn´t betrayed him yet by giving Jules what he craved- but Lex was already feeling too exposed. He shouldn´t care that Julian was taking her out, after all that had been the idea ever since he had accepted taking part in this crazy plan. He was supposed to be immune after Helen. Maybe he´d been wrong all the while.

TBC
    Last edited by lexie; 10th December 2010 at 17:27.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

NS Full Member

You're too fast Lexie! I missed several chapters.
    I still like this story.
    I love how Lex is with Timmy.
    And a jealous Lex? It should be interesting xD.

Another wonderful update as usual.
    Love the way that Lex is so attentive with the little one, and a jealous Lex....can't wait to see what you do with that.
    I'm really loving this story. Keep up the great work.

Farrah Lea

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information