Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: NS Fanfiction Awards 2009

Julie's Soul Sister

Re: NS Fanfiction Awards 2009! - 'Vote for me' banner posted (March 23rd)

Thanks! Going to update my joint account as we speak

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Cool

I'm going to send out an e-mail, or at least try to send out an e-mail , to all the users about the voting, and that the voting begins tonight at 9pm Oslo, Norway GMT+1 time! It's 4:19pm here now
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

All right, the sending of e-mail failed pretty hard because of the servers anti-spam control (which in it self is a good thing), so a mass PM was sent instead

The first round of voting in the Fanfictions Awards 2009 starts later today at 9pm GMT+1 time!

If you have any last minute nominations, be sure to get them in before then.

As specified in the rules, this round will be used to limit the currently nominated fanfictions down to five finalists. You may vote for as many or as few fanfictions in each category as you would like, but you can only vote once in this round. We encourage you to use this vote to create your dream slate, and vote for your top five fanfictions or authors in each each category.

This round will be open from March 23rd 2009 through March 29th 2009 (about a week). The finalists will be announced around March 30th 2009 and the final voting will also start around then.

The more participation we have, the better the fanfiction awards will be, so please go to the website to vote and support your favorites.

Sincerely,
    Julie
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Just going to post up a quick how-to for the voting process

When the voting opens, you will find a new navigational link in the menu called Nomination Polls. When you click on that link, you will be presented with a (probably long) list, with all the categories and their nominees listed with check boxes next to them.

You don't have to select anyone in the categories, BUT you *must* select at least ONE nominee (doesn't matter which category) for the voting to be accepted! If you don't select anyone and try to hit Vote, you will be presented with an error message.

This round is NOT the same as the final voting round, meaning that who you vote for now will not necessarily win. The top 5 nominees from this round will go to the next and final round where you then will vote for the top 1 nominee, which will be the winner.

That said, you can vote for as many, or as few, in each category (as long as you at least select ONE from any category) as you want to. Just remember that, voting for every single nominee in each category won't help your favourites make the cut...

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! I personally have seen myself blind on the whole process, but it might be unclear to you guys

ETA: 1 hour and 10 minutes until the voting opens!!
    Last edited by Julie; 23rd March 2009 at 20:50.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Re: NS Fanfiction Awards 2009! - Voting how-to added!

Done!

A question: what happens if there´s a tie in any of the categories? I suppose this won´t be a problem at this stage. Imagine the following scenario: one fic with 10 votes, one with 8, one with 6, and two with four- they´d all be included in the top five, leaving out a fic that got, say, 5 votes. Now, what would happen in the final round if two fics got the maximum number of votes? Would the award be ex-aequo?
    Last edited by lexie; 23rd March 2009 at 23:07.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Done!

A question: what happens if there´s a tie in any of the categories? I suppose this won´t be a problem at this stage. Imagine the following scenario: one fic with 10 votes, one with 8, one with 6, and two with four- they´d all be included in the top five, leaving out a fic that got, say, 5 votes. Now, what would happen in the final round if two fics got the maximum number of votes? Would the award be ex-aequo?
    If there is a tie in this first round, the top 5 (or 6 if there's a tie) will be included. If there is a tie for the top in the last and final round, the two will share the spotlight of Best in that category

The top 5 in each category will be selected by number of votes, who ever gets the most votes will be included. And then if there is a tie for spot number 5, they'll all be included.

Um, I might be blind but when I was casting my votes I don't remember seeing the category for Best Canon... I didn't really realise til I'd hit the vote button so now it won't let me go back and check... meh, its probably me being blind, I am an old and crumbly 25 as of today, y'know! haha

Thanks for the clarification, Julie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    Um, I might be blind but when I was casting my votes I don't remember seeing the category for Best Canon... I didn't really realise til I'd hit the vote button so now it won't let me go back and check... meh, its probably me being blind, I am an old and crumbly 25 as of today, y'know! haha
    No, you´re not blind. Now that you say it, you´re right.
    Last edited by lexie; 23rd March 2009 at 23:19.

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    Hey!

The canon category was excluded because it had 5 or less nominees, which means all nominees automatically included into the next round No need to vote for them when they're all included

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Hey!

The canon category was excluded because it had 5 or less nominees, which means all nominees automatically included into the next round No need to vote for them when they're all included
    I remembered the rule but didn´t realise there weren´t as many as six fics nominated in that category to justify casting a vote.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Thread Information