Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NS Fanfiction Awards 2009

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Re: NS Fanfiction Awards 2009! - Coming to a browser near you!First post revised 9th

Oh, well, I hope she realises the mistake.
    Last edited by lexie; 23rd March 2009 at 18:45.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Re: NS Fanfiction Awards 2009! - Coming to a browser near you!First post revised 9th

Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

It's it's probably too late for this now, but I can't help thinking a write-in form would've been much easier on everybody, both the nominators and Julie. You know, where everyone just makes a list of their choice nominees in each category (up to five) and emails them in. Then you could just look at the latest forms, and make quick editions to the official nominees list. Filling out the form again and again for every nomination is a little tiring, and trying to remember who you nominated for what, is a little confusing. And it seems like Julie is already being run ragged by the current process.

Julie's Soul Sister

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    I just finished approving all qualified nominees *sigh* That was long!!

I'm taking a second look, see if some WIP have been nominated for things they shouldn't.

2 remains (lexie's story... I don't think we have the right to choose a category, since we don't know where the person who nomianted it would havep ut it; kleine_kat (She wrote 1 fic, yet it's before Jan 08... But like Dec 07... So I'm torn... :/)

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyblue View Post
    It's it's probably too late for this now, but I can't help thinking a write-in form would've been much easier on everybody, both the nominators and Julie. You know, where everyone just makes a list of their choice nominees in each category (up to five) and emails them in. Then you could just look at the latest forms, and make quick editions to the official nominees list. Filling out the form again and again for every nomination is a little tiring, and trying to remember who you nominated for what, is a little confusing. And it seems like Julie is already being run ragged by the current process.

If I understood you correctly, ... I would have to then manually enter the nominees myself anyways, for the vote system to work...

The nominations list just got big because I stopped approving several hours ago, because I'm at my friends house...

As I said earlier, I'll try and alter the nomination script so that it checks if an nominee is already nominated in that particular category before it goes into the system Then it won't be as many doubles!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Quote Originally Posted by MelBee1985 View Post
    2 remains (lexie's story... I don't think we have the right to choose a category, since we don't know where the person who nomianted it would havep ut it;
    No, of course not. Itīll be deleted, Iīm afraid. I trust any of my usual readers or whoeverīs submitted it will come back and post it in the right category.

So... a warning to everybody who hasnīt nominated yet or who has but doesnīt know this: DONīT USE THE UNCATEGORISED OPTION BECAUSE YOUR CHOICE WILL BE DELETED. UNCATEGORISED DOESNīT MEAN "PUT IT HERE WHEN YOU DONīT KNOW WHERE IT FITS." UNCATEGORISED IS ONLY FOR JULIE TO USE.
    Last edited by lexie; 23rd March 2009 at 18:44.

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Fishin' for brains Senior Member Avalanche's Avatar
    In the best state in this here Union, which is of course, Texas

Julie, I noticed that collaborating authors are being nominated for best author, how are you dealing with that?
    Fanfiction Master List

“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.”
    Oscar Wilde

My milkshake bringeth all ye gentlefolk to the yard, and they're like it's better than thine, verily its better than thine, I could teach you but I must levy a fee...

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control; and, at times, hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
    Julie, I noticed that collaborating authors are being nominated for best author, how are you dealing with that?
    Most collaborators are also individual writers who can be nominated for their own solo works. When discussing about this in the chatroom we said we should be able to nominate collaborators as a unity for fics written together, so those nominations wonīt count double as if you were nominating two people but as a team.
    Last edited by lexie; 23rd March 2009 at 18:43.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Fishin' for brains Senior Member Avalanche's Avatar
    In the best state in this here Union, which is of course, Texas

Gotcha
    Fanfiction Master List

“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.”
    Oscar Wilde

My milkshake bringeth all ye gentlefolk to the yard, and they're like it's better than thine, verily its better than thine, I could teach you but I must levy a fee...

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control; and, at times, hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    The uncategorised section is just for my use yes, I haven't figured out how to not include it in the listing just yet
    Woho, figured it out The uncategorised is now not displayed at the nominate page. And now I'm off to bed

Thread Information