+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fragile Hearts *PG/NC-17* (Sequel to Fragile Ground) Complete

Red face Fragile Hearts *PG/NC-17* (Sequel to Fragile Ground) Complete

Fragile Hearts - Chapter 1
    By ~*~Tasha~*~

Story Summary: (Enitre Fic will be Rated from T – MA) *PG - NC17* Sequel to my one chapter fiction called Fragile Ground. This picks up the same night that Fragile Ground ended. Lex now has more than an inkling why Chloe never had a serious boyfriend, and he is kicking himself for not seeing it sooner. Chloe is tired of Lana’s games. This will continue through an alternate Season 5 starting off from this episode on.

Chapter Summary: This chapter picks up at the end of the story Fragile Ground. Chloe left Lex's mansion, and she headed back to her dorm room. The first of many confrontations with Lana occurs, and Chloe takes some action to separate herself from Lana and Lex.

Author's Note: I don't how much of Season 5 will be the same from the origins of this story on. I can tell you right now that we will NOT have to deal with Lexana scenes. Ugh. My focus will be on Chloe and Lex, what happens with those others they interact with, and what happens between them.

Disclaimer: These characters, and some of the bits of dialogue, are the property of the WB, CW or whatever they are calling themselves now. A lot of time is involved in my writing, but your feedback is the only form of "payment" that I receive. I have only the hope that you will enjoy what I come up for our heroes, heroines, and villains.

'Single' quote marks surround thoughts in this story. "Regular" quotes are around spoken words.

<HR>

"Stupid ..." Chloe Sullivan slammed the door of her dorm room. "Arrogant ..." She threw her purse onto her desk. "Spoiled ..." She didn't care about the items she misplaced with the force she used to toss her purse. "Prick!"

Chloe collapsed onto the side of her bed and wept. She managed to rein in the majority of her emotions, except anger, during the drive from Lex's mansion back to the city. In the safety of her dorm room, she allowed the barriers to drop, and she lost herself in her tears of pain and longing.

Chloe's shoulders shook, and her sobs echoed through the modest sized room. She cursed the day she met Lex Luthor and Lana Lang. She fell back on her bed with her eyes closed. Eventually pure exhaustion took over, and she fell asleep with the tears still falling.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lana Lang opened the door of their bathroom carefully and quietly. When Chloe arrived, Lana had just stepped from the shower. The sound of Chloe’s sobs hastened Lana to get dressed. She worried about what her friend was so upset about.

Lana stopped cold. Chloe’s voice, filled with curses towards Lex Luthor and herself, reached her ears. ‘Okay, maybe it isn’t a good idea for me to go out there. If she’s mad at Lex and I, she probably doesn’t want to see me right now.’

Lana closed the lid of the toilet and sat on top of it. She had no idea how long she sat there. She had no way to gauge how long it was before the sound of Chloe’s cries subsided.

Lana peeked out into the room. She breathed a sigh of relief. ‘Chloe must finally be asleep.’ Carefully she snuck out of the bathroom, grabbed an overnight back she’d kept prepared while she dated Clark, and decided to spend the night with a friend down the hall.

Lana hoped that by the time Chloe returned from her classes the next day Chloe would feel better. ‘I’ll just make sure to drop by the room when she shouldn’t be there.’

At noon the next day Lana was confident she could return to her own dorm room. Chloe had a 12-2 pm class. It was one of Chloe’s favorites. She looked forward to it every week. She doubted Chloe would miss that class for any reason.

Lana was positive their room would be empty. So, she was shocked to find her dorm room door wide open, and some boxes were stacked outside of it. She snuck up on the doorway and peeked in like a prowler. She wasn’t prepared for what she saw.

The mess in the room rivaled the wake of one of Kansas’ infamous tornadoes. Clothes, books and other personal objects that belonged to Chloe were strewn about the room. Some items were sticking out of unsealed boxes, and other items were on the floor.

Lana gasped at the pile on her own bed. Clothes and other items Chloe had previously borrowed from her were at the end of the bed. The bulk of her bed was covered with various mementos, trinkets, and other gifts she’d given to Chloe over the years. A few pictures of the two of them together were tossed on top of the pile. ‘What the heck is going on?’

Chloe looked up from the box she finished sealing when she heard noise from the doorway. “Good, you’re back,” She said with a clipped voice. She marked the top of the box with its contents and sat it on top of another box near the door.

“Chloe, what’s going on?” Lana turned confused eyes on her best friend. Sure Chloe was upset about Lex, but Lana figured Chloe would be calm by now. She always got past her anger at Lana before.

Chloe picked up a pad of paper off her desk. She tore off two sheets. “What’s going on is the simple fact that I’m moving out. I thought the packed boxes would be an obvious sign.” She handed the two sheets to Lana.

Lana read the papers. The first page appeared to be a detailed list of expenses for money Lana borrowed from Chloe or was responsible to pay for utilities used. The second page listed off all the items Lana destroyed or borrowed without returning and a note from Chloe about the return of or repayment for the items.

Chloe turned back to her packing after she handed Lana the notes. When she woke up that morning, she realized two things. One, Lana’s bed was not slept in, and she refused to contemplate where Lana spent the night. Two, she’d had enough. She was through dealing with the backstabbing and lies from her “friends”.

“Ch … Chloe …” Lana half stuttered. This was not a normal Chloe response to any situation. “Where are you going?”

“As far away from you as I can get?” Chloe glared over at Lana.

“Why?” Lana asked. It scared her to see a side of Chloe that was so cold. The woman always seemed warm and loyal, even if she was as blunt as hell at times.

“Why?” Chloe laughed. ‘The little tramp has to ask why?’ She huffed. “Your innocent act isn’t going to work on me anymore, Princess. You’ve stabbed me in the back for the last time.”

“But Chloe,” Lana talked as she moved closer to Chloe, “There isn’t anything between Lex and I.” She hoped that she could reason with Chloe. It wasn’t that Lana didn’t plan on getting closer to Lex, but she wasn’t lying by saying nothing was going on yet.

Chloe spun around quickly. “Don’t you dare say his name to me!” She pointed a finger at Lana. “I was there yesterday to see you two. I know what the little poor me look in your eyes meant. You knew how I felt about Lex and you were trying to lay out your little charms on him in our dorm room. You didn’t even try to hide it!”

Lana’s eyes narrowed. “Fine. So what if I was?” She put her hands on her hips defiantly. “Lex didn’t seem to mind. I just about had him when you interrupted.”

“You devious little bitch!” Chloe slapped Lana across the face with a hard strike. “You won’t be happy until you’ve had every man that anyone else wants. Everything and everyone has to revolve around Lana Lang. Well, I’m through with that, not happening anymore.”

“How dare you?” Lana tried to hit Chloe, but Chloe moved out of the way too quickly. The force of Lana’s forward momentum had her hitting the wall instead.

While Lana tried to recover from the impact with the wall, Chloe continued to talk, “I know you’re hurt Lana, but that doesn’t give you a free pass to rip other people’s hearts out.” She added another box to the done pile. “I don’t know why I ever thought you were someone I could trust.”

Lana advanced on Chloe’s back when she turned away from Lana. She was ready to kick Chloe’s legs out from under her, but a voice at the doorway stopped her.

“Hey Chloe, I have the truck downstairs. Are you ready to …” The young sandy blonde man stopped talking after he noticed Lana’s presence. “Um, sorry. I didn’t know you had company.” He shoved his hands in his pockets.

“Don’t worry about it, Jimmy.” Chloe pointed to the stacks of boxes on the inside and outside of the room. “These are all ready. I didn’t get everything quite finished.”

“That’s fine. I can help once I get these loaded.” The shy man scuffed his foot back and forth. “That is if you’ve already packed … you know. I don’t think I can do that.”

Chloe tried to keep the chuckle from escaping her lips. James “Jimmy” Connors was a sweet man, but he was shy about certain subjects. “Don’t worry, Jimmy.” She reached up and patted him on the shoulder. No one would ever believe that a man who won a football scholarship to college could be so shy, but he was. “I took care of those first.” She winked at him.

“Good.” Jimmy motioned behind him. “I’ll just grab these and start taking them down.”

“Thanks, Jimmy.” Chloe waited until Jimmy was out of hearing range before she faced off with Lana again. “I want you to stay away from me Lana, and keep your little boy toy out of my path as well.” Her gaze focused on Lana in anger. “I never did forget what you told me two years ago about not trusting me. I should have gotten a clue about your personality then.”

Lana frowned. “You can’t hold that against me. First off, something weird was going on when I said that. Secondly, 2 years have passed since then.”

“Time means nothing for true feelings, Lana.” Chloe packed her backpack and duffle back with all the school books she’d need. She contacted all of her professors earlier in the morning to arrange for her absence today and tomorrow. “You only confide in me when its convenient, or no one else will listen to your dribble.”

Lana decided another tactic than anger was in order. She fell back on her tried and proven method of persuasion. She started to cry. “I had no idea how cruel you could be, Chloe.” She sniffled for effect. “You know how hurt I’ve been lately, and you are only adding to it. I can’t believe you’re leaving me too just because I wanted to be friends with Lex.”

Chloe snapped around to face Lana. “You left me the moment you hit on Lex. Friendship my ass! I don’t give a damn if it hurts you because I won’t put up with your lying and backstabbing shit anymore.”

“He’ll never be yours, Chloe.” Lana’s eyes turned steely, and the tears were gone. “You weren’t meek enough for Clark, and you are definitely not sexy enough for Lex.” She stood with her hands on her hips.

“If Lex is stupid enough to let your skanky self into his bed, then I don’t want to touch him anyways.” Chloe growled out her words. “Come near me Lana, and you’ll meet the end of my pen. I know enough about your indiscretions to bury you so far that you’d never see your way out.”

“Lex won’t let you touch me, Chloe. I’ll make sure of it.” Lana pushed past Chloe. “We’ll make sure you disappear.” She stormed out of the dorm room. Anyone in the hallway stepped as far out of Lana’s path as they could. She looked like she was spitting fire mad.

Chloe panted from the release of adrenaline. She gripped the back of her desk chair and attempted to steady herself. She hoped it was a long time before she came face to face with Lana Lang again. She was afraid of what she might do to Lana now that the blinders were off.

(To Be Continued)
    Last edited by ~*~Tasha~*~; 22nd June 2006 at 13:26. Reason: New Chapter 6 - COMPLETE

NS Full Member

Re: Fragile Hearts *PG* (Sequel to Fragile Ground)

Ahhh---the truth is indeed out there. :: evil grin :: You go, Chloe. And don't let Lana scare you, like she really could. Oh man, I needed this---thanks, Tasha.

Chloe needs to bring the smackdown to Lana. Great start!

Go Chloe. Go Chloe. Go Chloe. GO CHLOE!!!!!!!!!
    Needs update. Needs Update. Needs update. IN A FAST SPEED

Thumbs up Re: Fragile Hearts *PG* (Sequel to Fragile Ground)

YAY! a lana/chloe fight for Lex ! :-D

I really like your first part it seems t be a very good sequel! Good job! Now..... update soon pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

oh and i like how Jimmy came in the story... hehe some jealous Lex soon i suppose ... lol

I'm happy for Chloe for finnaly cutting Lana out of her life. Lana is like an emotional vampire , she just sucks the life out of everyone who comes in touch with her. I'm a little worried about how Clark and Lex will react to what happened between the girls. If Lana still has them wrapped around her little finger it looks like more heartache for Chloe. I also hope Lex is only playing Lana. Stupid Lana. I have this image of her running to Lex with her hand all hurt and saying that Chloe has attacked her. Grr!

Chloe really needs to bring Lana down. I hope there's going to be more, that was a great start

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Oh man, this is a cool beginning

I love that Lana now thinks that she has Lex wrapped around her finger and that he will do her bidding.

And Lana was ready to attack Chloe when her back was turned--a typical coward's move. Why am I not surprised?

Lana needs a total smack down--Chlex style

Please continue--SOON!!
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Members

that was such a good beginning. i can not wait to see what happens next.

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

OH I hate LANA!. WOOhOO for Chloe put that girl in her place at last. I can't wait to see what you do with this. Lex doesn't want you Lana and I will love to see her crushed when she finds out.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information