+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 26 Days (PG) 20-04-2010

A little pink and white polka dot beanbag chair in the middle of the atlantic

26 Days (PG) 20-04-2010

26 Days, (PG I guess, just angsty, nothing even remotely naughty here) , 20-04-10,

Title: 26 Days

Rating: PG I guess, just angsty, nothing even remotely naughty here.

Category: Angst

Summary: 26 days since the world tilted

Spoilers: nope, not any spoilers, kinda just a drabble set in the future.

Disclaimer: Don’t own none of this just the drabble idea.

Authors Note: Have only posted a story once before on here (angst too) and am very nervous so please don't be too harsh. All mistakes are my own as there was no Beta!!! Hope you like and hope you review to tell me what you think

26 Days

26 days since the world tilted and it feels like he fell off and doesn’t know how to get back on.

When his secretary had entered with the usual pile of business updates and other assorted information he did not realise that it would be the last day he would set foot in that office.

26 days since he realised that while things might appear to go back to how they were, other things just buried down a bit deeper and hidden, even from himself.

26 days since he was told of Chloe Sullivan’s death, since the monthly report on the goings on of all those who had been part of his life back in smallville had appeared on his desk.

26 days since he realised that while he might have successfully cut her out of his life, he had been less successful at cutting her out of his heart.

Spending time with her during the summer that she had been in hiding had been a kind of awakening; she had shown him that he could have dreams and ambitions that were not all centered around dominating half the world and owning the other half. That if he had always wanted to walk the entire length of the Great Wall of China, just because, it was ok to do it. She had given him a different perspective and had opened his eyes.

26 days since he realised for the first time that, No, she would not always be there .

26 days since realising that he would dismantle Lexcorp and sell it off.

26 days since telling his fourth (and final) trophy wife that he wanted a Divorce.

He would live his life for her, live it like he should have started doing years ago.

A visit from Gabe telling him that he was doing the right thing and with a letter….

I always knew Lex. I always understood. I always loved you too.
    Last edited by Lel; 21st April 2010 at 09:24.

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Re: 26 Days

Please edit in a rating and date in the thread title. You can read/see how to do that in this thread:

[How To Guide] How To Edit Thread Title (to for an example add in fanfiction update date)

As it's part of the Forum Rules
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

This was a lovely and heart-wrenching ficlet. I hope to see more from you in the future.

Shouldn't you ask for it to be moved to the Completed Angst subforum?
    Last edited by lexie; 20th April 2010 at 17:48.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Members

Touching story. Really lovely. Good job!

Aww a sad little ficlet. Sometime you don't know how you feel about someone until there gone.
    I'm a Dreamer and hoping one day Chloe and Lex will be together.

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

It was a short fic, but intense and angsty… just the way I love my fics

I really enjoyed how Lex’s despair was slowly revealed a little bit at a time. Not only his despair, but also the breakdown of his entire world. The opening sentence which described his feeling of falling off the world as it tilted was a perfect summation of the ficlet, and I loved how that concept was carefully outlined and explored.

It made me reel back in shock to find out that Lex was methodically and deliberately breaking apart his whole world. The idea that Lex would be willing to break up his power-base, his business, his precious LexCorp for anything was astonishing. You know Lex has entered a state of intense devastation when he decides that even his business doesn’t provide a place of sanctuary for him.

After stunning news that Lex was breaking apart LexCorp, the news that he was breaking all ties to his social elitist class, including his trophy wife wasn’t all too surprising… but still very satisfying to hear. It was actually exhilarating to find out that Lex is cutting himself loose and free from all of his burdens and duties. Lex must have felt like he was free-falling.

It was exhilarating, and beyond delightful to find out that this kind of change had been inspired by Chloe. It was also a damned pity to find out that it was Chloe’s death that triggered this change, but at least the readers have the satisfaction of knowing that Lex’s new life was centred all around Chloe and her wishes now.

While it’s a pity to know that Chloe is not going to be around to see the magnificent changes she’s inspired in Lex, I loved the hopeful, exhilarating note that this fic ended on. I know that it’s technically angsty since it involves the death of a major character, but I can’t help but see this as a happy fic… filled with hope, optimism, excitement and wonderful times ahead.

Thanks for the great fic! I look forward to more of your writing on the forum.

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

Sad but great that he decided to finally live!
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information