Thread: Choices (pg, note: character death) 27-08-09

Choices (pg, note: character death) 27-08-09

Choices

Fandom: Smallville
    Author: vodooman
    Rating: PG
    Genre: future fic, AU, drama-ish
    Characters/Pairings: Chloe/Lex, Clark
    Short summary: “You can’t be serious about this!” shouted his former best friend at him, as he slammed the doors to his study open – like so many times before.
    Any warnings: character death.
    Disclaimer: Smallville and its characters are not mine. I only write fan fiction!
    A/N: this is something I have been wanting to write... it’s nothing so special, but a small scene I always wanted to write about... How Clark would react to the news of Lex proposing to Chloe... and what Lex would do to ensure his and Chloe’s happiness... I know that it isn’t really something a few of you might want to read... but it was something I felt I needed to put down... It’s just a scene... I don’t really intend to write more about this... I really like writing short scenes or situations... anyone reading other fic-lets and drabbles from me (none-chlex) knows that I am rather fond of those... have fun reading this...

::

“You can’t be serious about this!” shouted his former best friend at him, as he slammed the doors to his study open – like so many times before. Lex didn’t spare him any glance, instead continued to sip his scotch and look at the coloured glass of his windows. He looked indifferent and distant, even cold, but in truth his rage was burning him inside.
    “I won’t let you get away with this!” said his former friend again, this time more determined than he had ever heard him sound. “I won’t let you destroy her life! She deserves more than you could ever offer her!”

“And what, pray tell me, is it that you’d be able to offer her, Clark?” he asked, this time he did turn to him. Lex studied the boy-man before him, and much to his surprise noted that he looked like he always did. Nothing special about him; and yet so very threatening to his and Chloe’s happiness.

Lex’ question took Clark off guard, and he hesitated for a moment. But a moment was all it took for Lex to see that the boy before him had not thought things through. Like always Clark had rushed into a decision without thinking it through. He had probably as soon as he heard Chloe tell him of Lex proposal to her, rushed to the mansion to confront him.

“I can provide for her. I can give her the world! Tell me Clark, would you rather have her stay in little old Kansas for ever? Would you rather she stayed here and fade away, because no-one ever took notice of her?”

Clark hesitated again; this time looked like he was considering what the other older man was telling him. But the moment’s hesitation was quickly forced away and resolution and dislike for the other soon took its place. “You already destroyed Lana’s life... making her believe that you loved her, and dropping her all of a sudden; and now you want to do the same with Chloe! I won’t let that happen! She means more to me than any one ever did to you!”

Lex sighed heavily, and then turned to walk slowly to his desk. He stood before it; yet again his back was facing Clark. “I was hoping you would be happy for us... or that you’d at least be happy for Chloe... but it seems that this won’t be the case.” Taking another sip of his drink, Lex downed the scotch and walked to his chair and sat down. He placed the empty glass on his desk and then opened his desk drawer.

“I really had hoped you would just let it be, Clark...” murmured Lex and then looked up at the younger man he once called friend, he had once wished to have as a brother. “I did give you the chance to agree with our union... but I can’t have you turning Chloe against me...”

Lex took a gun out of the drawer, and Clark’s eyes widened with shock. But soon after that first initial shock, he recollected himself and then said calmly. “Lex, you can’t hurt me!”

A sad smile touched the others face, and Lex looked almost mournful. “Those aren’t normal bullets, Clark... I had them custom made... ever since I discovered your ‘meteor rock allergy’. I always hoped that I would never need them... But you are giving me no choice in this. I want Chloe to be happy... and she can only be so with me... I’m sure you’d understand given more time... but I can’t take chances... not with her.”

That was the last thing Clark heard Lex speak...

Chloe and Lex never saw him again. And whenever Chloe mentioned Clark, Lex would promptly offer her to research the whereabouts of her friend, with the best detective money could offer. But Chloe, who had been lead to believe that Clark quitted their friendship upon hearing of her engagement to Lex, always declined. She liked to believe that he was somewhere happy with a nice girl and a large family, only occasionally thinking of the friends he left behind in Metropolis and Smallville.
    Last edited by basmas84; 28th August 2009 at 04:17.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Re: Choices (pg, note: character death)

And they call Lex selfish and possessive. What art thou, Clark? Why do you always think the world revolves around you?

Interesting to see what finally pushed Lex to use his secret stash of kryptonite bullets- not world domination, but love and a chance to be happy.

I wonder if the fact that Chloe knows what he´s done- because she does- will ever allow them to be truly happy.

Dark but interesting piece.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

well... to be honest... chloe isnt really sure that Clark is dead... she suspects, but she really doesnt want to know for sure, because if she does and finds out that Lex had something to do with it even she wouldnt know what she'd do...

lol, funny enough I had quite the reactions on fanfic net about this... one said I killed a legacy... and one just asked me why Clark didnt just avoid the bullet...

I think most people would like for Clark to live, and just accept Lex, but I just couldn't do this in this piece... because this is not how I see Clark... and as for Lex, I was really hoping to show that he isn't really a ruthless murderer... He gave Clark a choice, but then acted to ensure his future life... he wasn't happy about the fact that he just killed someone he had a long time ago considered a second brother...

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by basmas84 View Post
    well... to be honest... chloe isnt really sure that Clark is dead... she suspects, but she really doesnt want to know for sure, because if she does and finds out that Lex had something to do with it even she wouldnt know what she'd do...
    Well, this is exactly what I meant when I said she knew. She suspects, she knows but she´s just choosing to turn a blind eye or to deceive herself because maybe it´s the only way she can be with Lex.

I think most people would like for Clark to live, and just accept Lex, but I just couldn't do this in this piece... because this is not how I see Clark... and as for Lex, I was really hoping to show that he isn't really a ruthless murderer... He gave Clark a choice, but then acted to ensure his future life... he wasn't happy about the fact that he just killed someone he had a long time ago considered a second brother...
    This is just the way Lex felt like in the final scene of Arctic, and no one will convince me of the contrary. He isn´t the ruthless murderer they expect us to believe.
    Last edited by lexie; 27th August 2009 at 19:08. Reason: wrong word
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Dark but good.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

Smile Re: Choices (pg, note: character death) 27-08-09

I really think Lex made the right choice. Clark, with his self-righteous attitude, would never allow the two of them to be happy. Not that I approve of murder, but Clark was being such a jerk. I'm glad that Chloe doesn't try to find out whether her thoughts concerning Clark are true. It would destroy what Lex and her have. Great story!

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    And they call Lex selfish and possessive. What art thou, Clark? Why do you always think the world revolves around you?

Interesting to see what finally pushed Lex to use his secret stash of kryptonite bullets- not world domination, but love and a chance to be happy.

I wonder if the fact that Chloe knows what he´s done- because she does- will ever allow them to be truly happy.

Dark but interesting piece.
    I agree! Great fic!
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information