+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lullaby (PG-13)

bored and dangerous Senior Member sabby's Avatar
    Sittin by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...

Lullaby (PG-13)

Disclaimer: How many times do I have to tell you.... I DON'T OWN THEM!!! KAY? FINE? Good.

Spoilery for Shattered.

A/N: This is a small one, vignette like, and I don't know if I'll make a Chlex out of it, but I just wanted to show ya and well if you have any ideas, let me know.

The slamming of the front door echoed through the house. The devil had left the stage. Lex winced when he heard the bang. A second later, another sound had him jumping up from the bed, throwing aside the newest issue of Warrior Angel and running for the door, down the hallway and into the nursery.Julian was screaming.

Lex couldn't stand to hear his baby-brother cry. He wanted the baby to be happy. Lex would do everything to make Julian happy. He wouldn't let Lionel be mean to his baby-brother either.

Barely tall enough to reach comfortable into the cradle, Lex carefully lifted the screaming Julian out of the soft bed, wrapping his brother as securely in the blanket as his own small hands would allow.

Tears were streaming down Julian's face, his tiny mouth wide open and his face scrunched up and red from the screaming. Lex cradled his brother closer, trying to soothe him with soft cooing words, but Julian wouldn't stop crying.

He cradled his baby-brother closer, turning the scrunched up face into his shoulder and stroking the soft red down on the baby's head carefully, soothingly with his free hand, desperately trying to think of something that would make Julian stop crying. The little one was still wailing into his shoulder, the muffled sobs sounding too loud in the empty room. Lex held his brother a little closer. Suddenly he remembered an old nursery rhyme his mother used to sing for him.

Hush little baby don't say a word,
    I'm gonna by you a mocking bird.

He rocked slowly back and forth, pressing Julian close to his chest, waiting for the baby's crying to subside.

And if that Mocking Bird don't sing,
    I'm gonna buy you a diamond ring.

Julian's sobs became less and he coughed once. Lex lightly patted his back and kept his baby-brother close to his heart.

And if that diamond ring turns brass,
    I'm gonna buy you a looking glass.

The sobbing slowed down some more and was accompanied by the occasional little cough of Julian. Lex frowned and tried to soothe his baby-brother, lightly rubbing his small hand over the baby's back

And if that looking glass gets broke,
    I'm gonna buy you......

Julian was completely silent against his chest. Lex smiled and completed the line in his own version, which he thought was way better.

I'm gonna buy you a little toy boat.

Lex carried his baby-brother back to the cradle and put him back onto the soft pillows. The baby's mouth was slightly open and the red color had gone completely from his face. Lex smiled and turned away from the cradle, silently leaving the room.

the end
    Last edited by sabby; 2nd September 2008 at 20:55.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    Oh, your story is so sad! What did Lionel do to poor baby Julian? Was he dead when Lex put him back in the crib? Really good beginning to your story! I hope you do make it a Chlex!! :chlexsign2:

see spot snark Senior Member happy bunny's Avatar
    Thank you so much for writing this! When Lex and Lionel were yelling about Julian's death I was wondering about possible ways Lex could have accidently killed him. Great piece. So sad, mostly because of Lex's ignorance as to what he's doing, he's simply trying to help.

So again, great job.

Storyteller
    Awww that's so heartbreaking. It reminds me of an episode of CSI... Anyway, this one could stand on its own. Still... I'm curious about whether or not you really have no intention of continuing. Do ya?

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    Aww. :crygreen:

katspell
    Just a Guest!
    :crygreen: I know that something happend to the baby, but what??? Tell us, please.

bored and dangerous Senior Member sabby's Avatar
    Sittin by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...
    Honey, the baby died. Lex suffocated it, but he doesn't know it yet. This was my take on how Julian died and how Lex could think it was all his fault.

I want to smile at Lex's sweetness for wanting to comfort his little brother, yet cry at how poor Julian died. Oh, what lex must've gone through as a hild, knowing it was 'his fault'. :crygreen:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information