+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bring Me To Life (NC-17) - Part 2, 'Always With You' series

NS Full Member
    Sigh. Why are people in love so retarded ? Why are men in general so retarded ? Why isnt Lex chasing after Chloe declaring his love and offering to make babies with her ?

Chapter Three

Frozen inside without your touch without your love darling
    Only you are the life among the dead

“Come on, Chloe, come out with us.” Liz plopped herself down on the couch next to her roommate, a hopeful expression on her face. “Please? You have to get out of the house, and it’ll be fun.”

“Liz, I’ve told you, I really don’t feel like going anywhere.” Sighing heavily at Chloe refusal, Liz switched tactics.

“It’s been two weeks since you broke things off with Lex, and for all your insistence that it wasn’t a real relationship, you’ve been acting awfully morose about it. You’re not going out, you’re barely making it to your classes. I’m starting to get worried about you.” Sure enough, Chloe’s face softened at Liz’s concern.

“I know, and I’m sorry.” Liz let her hope rise, only to have it fall again at Chloe’s next words. “But I’m still not going out.” Liz heaved another, melodramatic sigh.

“Fine, fine.” She stood and walked to the door. “You’re going to have to leave the house eventually, you know.” Chloe nodded.

“I know.” She watched her friend leave and remained curled up on the couch, lost in her own thoughts.

Two weeks ago she had walked out of that coffee shop, convinced that she had made the right decision. She had ended things with Lex, knowing that she wouldn’t be able to take the pain of sleeping with him and pretending to simply be his friend. As painful as it was to let him go, she had felt that it was the only thing that she could do. But every day since then her doubts had grown stronger and stronger, and the emptiness inside was as black and cold as ever. Like a junkie going through withdrawal, Chloe knew that Lex was the only thing that could make the feeling go away, if only for a short time. And so for two weeks she had wrestled with the decision, though she knew what the final result would be.

She glanced at her watch—five-thirty. She had no doubt that Lex would still be at the office; safer to approach him there, where she had a slightly better chance of retaining control. Jotting a quick note to tell Liz where she had gone, Chloe grabbed her purse and headed out the door to see Lex. He at least deserved to know why she had done what she did. And maybe, just maybe, she could convince him to forgive her. To go back to the way things were before. Because in the midst of all her doubts, there was one thing she was sure of—no matter how much it hurt to be with him, it was still better than trying to live without him.

“Mr. Luthor, Miss Sullivan is here to see you.” Lex’s secretary smiled uneasily and Chloe shifted uncomfortably, the silence from Lex’s end of the intercom deafening in the still air. Finally there was a click, and both women glanced up to see Lex opening his office door.

“Thank you, Hannah. I think we’re done here for the day, if you want to go ahead and go home.” He turned his attention to Chloe then, offering her a small smile. “Chloe. Come on in.”

Chloe followed Lex back into his office, seating herself in one of the chairs in front of Lex’s desk as he stood, shuffling through papers and choosing some to slip into his briefcase. She grew increasingly uneasy at Lex’s silence, and when he moved to the small wet bar to pour himself a drink her stomach began to tie itself in knots, part of her mind screaming that it had been a mistake to come here.

“Would you like anything?” Almost jumping at the sound of his voice, Chloe shook her head when Lex glanced at her over his shoulder. Lex nodded and moved to the large glass windows at one side of the office, gazing out as the sun set over the Metropolis skyline. “So what can I do for you, Chloe?”

“I thought that we should talk. About what I said.” Lex took a drink and nodded, glancing in her general direction before turning back to the windows.

“Go ahead.” Chloe took a deep breath at his casual tone, reminding herself that she really couldn’t expect any better.

“I just . . .” She had thought this would be difficult to do while facing Lex, having him look into her eyes as she spoke. Now that she was here, however, she realized that it was ten times worse to have to pour her heart out to Lex’s cold, impassive back. “Everything changed, Lex. And I couldn’t keep sleeping with you when there was no real emotion involved.” Lex nodded again.

“Understandable.”

Chloe closed her eyes, doing her best to marshal her strength. It was time now, time to tell him how she felt. Though she doubted he would be pleased with her declaration, she simply couldn’t move on until Lex knew the whole truth. Before she could speak again, however, Lex’s sharp voice cut through the air.

“No.” He finally turned towards her and Chloe saw that, far from being impassive, his eyes were blazing with a million different emotions. “No, it’s not fucking understandable.”

Chloe’s mouth opened to speak, but no words came out. In the silence of her response Lex took the opportunity to come closer to her; he set his half-empty drink on the desk and stared down at her, anger and hurt clear in his eyes.

(All this time I can't believe I couldn't see
    Kept in the dark but you were there in front of me)

“I wasn’t lying when I said I was empty without you, Chloe. Before I met you I tried everything I could to fill the blank spot inside of me, and by the time we finally met, I thought that I was doomed to be that way forever. Everything was dark and cold and barren. But then there you were.

“At first I ignored the way I felt around you, how I felt whole every time we spoke. You were right there the whole time, but I refused to see it because I was sure that you would push me away. The first night that you came to the manor was the happiest night of my life. And every night after that that we were together, it got harder and harder to pretend that I was just your friend. Since you finally broke things off I suppose I didn’t do as good of a job at pretending as I thought. So end things if you want. But don’t you dare say that there was no real emotion involved when all I’ve wanted to do for the last year was tell you how much I love you.”

I’ve been sleeping a thousand years it seems
    Got to open my eyes to everything

Chloe simply sat there, wide-eyed, unable to say a word. She watched Lex kneel in front of her, the anger in his eyes gone in place of pleading. Her mind kept repeating his last three words, over and over in an endless loop. How was it possible that he had loved her all this time without her seeing it? How much time had been wasted because both of them had been too scared to see the truth in front of them? She was broken from her thoughts by the sound of Lex’s voice at her feet; her eyes met his and saw the need he made no effort to conceal.

(Without a thought without a voice without a soul
    Don’t let me die here
    There must be something more)
    Bring me to life

“You’re everything to me, Chloe. I’ve wanted so much more with you than just sex; but as long as that was all you were willing to offer, I could content myself with that. And when you asked me to let you go, I thought that I could. I convinced myself that I would back off because you couldn’t love me back.” His jaw clenched briefly, trying to suppress his growing tide of emotion. “But it turns out I’m more selfish than I thought. Please, Chloe, there must be a chance. Just a chance that you could love me back someday.”

The tears in Chloe’s eyes finally spilled over, running unchecked down her cheeks. She drew in a shaky breath, afraid to ask because she feared the answer.

“You love me?”

Lex heard the disbelief in Chloe’s whispered voice and tried to ignore his disappointment. She might not love him back, but now that he had told her how he felt he’d be damned if he’d back down. He nodded.

“I love you.”

Her hand reached up to his face and she cupped his cheek in her palm. He leaned into her touch and her eyes traced his features, determined to memorize every detail of this moment. She smiled at his look of confusion and stroked her fingers over his skin.

“I never thought I’d get to hear you say it.”

For the first time since he led her into the office, Lex let himself truly look into Chloe’s eyes. What he saw there floored him for a moment; his mouth gaped and his eyes remained locked with hers, as though he was afraid that what he saw would disappear if he looked away. Chloe offered him a small, trembling smile, and suddenly Lex’s hands were cupping her face, bringing her lips crashing into his.

(Wake me up)
    Wake me up inside
    (I can’t wake up)
    Wake me up inside

Chloe’s hand moved from his cheek to the back of his neck, pulling him as close as she could. Lex held her face in place as his tongue swept through her mouth, exploring her thoroughly, marking her as his. Her eager response spurring him on, he let his hands travel down to her hips; a quick tug had her sliding off of the chair and into his lap, her legs settled on either side of him. Chloe moaned into his mouth and her arms wrapped around his neck when she felt his hands on her back, pushing her chest into his. She didn’t even realize how much she needed air until Lex released her mouth and she was suddenly gasping, her lungs straining for breath. Lex rested his forehead against hers, letting their breath mingle in the few inches between them.

(Save me)
    Call my name and save me from the dark

“Chloe.” Her only response was her arms tightening around his neck. “Tell me.”

“I love you, Lex.”

He kissed her again, this time scorching her with his intensity. His arms crushed her against him, hands reaching beneath her shirt to feed on her flesh. Her moan echoed with disappointment when he removed his mouth from hers, only to have it change to keening pleasure when his lips found her ear.

“Again.” His breath was hot in her ear and his low, desperate voice had her bucking against him.

“I love you.”

One of her hands slipped up to press against the back of his head, holding him in place as he began to nibble and suck at her neck. She felt his hands beneath her hips, and in a flash he was standing with Chloe still wrapped around him. One hand left her and she heard the clatter of objects being swept from the desk before Lex laid her down on the smooth glass surface. While his lips continued to do mind-numbing things to her neck he reached down to fill his hands with her breasts, kneading them gently through the thin material of her shirt, then harder as she arched into his touch.

Broken whimpers spilled from her throat as she fought with Lex's shirt; his tongue began to trace a swirling pattern over her neck and Chloe, taking the risk that he’d have other shirts stored in his office, simply ripped his shirt open, sending buttons flying through the air. Lex let out a chuckle that soon changed to a groan when Chloe’s hands found his bare skin, raking her nails across his chest and abdomen and making the muscles twitch in anticipation. Impatient now, Lex quickly discarded their shirts and with one quick flick unhooked the front clasp of Chloe’s bra, drawing a sharp gasp from her.

“I love it when you do that,” she grinned as she shrugged the material off, her final words dying out on a breathless moan when Lex’s mouth found her breasts. Her skirt was quickly removed, along with her underwear; the clatter of her sandals hitting the floor was lost in the rushing in her ears when Lex moved lower. Seconds later his head dipped between her open thighs, and Chloe arched off of the desk when she felt his tongue lapping at her, running over her folds from top to bottom in long, lazy strokes. When the tip of his tongue began to circle her clit, she found herself calling out his name. It soon became a chant echoing in the still air of the office as Lex started pushing his tongue in and out of her, pausing every now and then to lick and suck at her clit. Her juices coated Lex’s lips; when his mouth returned to hers Chloe tasted herself on him, and Lex let out a loud groan as she sucked the moisture from his tongue.

The rest of Lex’s clothes were quickly removed and he positioned himself at her entrance. His eyes locked on Chloe’s, and he brushed the hair from her forehead before he began to press forward, sliding into her inch by agonizing inch. They both let out a groan when he was fully inside her; Lex leaned down to brush a soft kiss over her mouth, withdrawing before she had a chance to respond.

(Wake me up)
    Bid my blood to run
    (I can’t wake up)
    Before I come undone
    (Save me)

“I love you, Chloe.”

With those words he began to move, slowly at first and then with increasing speed. Chloe’s nails raked down his back and dug into his shoulders, driving him higher. He moved his hands down her thighs and lifted them towards her chest, groaning as he slipped deeper still. He was pounding into her almost ferociously now, spurred on by Chloe’s loud, constant moaning beneath him. Pleasure built more quickly than ever before; he could feel himself edging closer to climax, and he wanted Chloe there with him. One hand slipped down to where they were joined and roughly pinched her clit. That was all it took to send Chloe over the edge, and right before he joined her Lex found himself hoping that she hadn’t alerted Security with her scream.

They collapsed there on his desk, panting for breath and letting the air conditioning soothe their fevered bodies. When his energy had slightly returned Lex lifted his face from where he had buried it in Chloe’s neck, gently nuzzling the skin over her racing heart.

“Mine.”

Rather than the slap he had been half-expecting, Chloe’s soft chuckle had him lifting his head once more to gaze down at her. Her lips curled up in a seductive smile and she shifted, drawing a harsh groan from the back of his throat as she moved against him.

“Take me back to your place and I’ll show you what else is yours,” she purred, her voice slightly raspy from the strain of screaming. Lex felt himself grow hard again, and if Chloe’s suddenly widening eyes were any indication, she felt it as well.

“My place sounds like a plan. There’s a certain fantasy I’d like to try out involving the balcony and some pillows. But first . . .” He thrust into her, and Chloe’s moans filled the office once more.

All things told, it was several hours before they made it anywhere.

Save me from the nothing I’ve become

“You do realize he’s going to know something’s up as soon as he sees me in this dress.”

Lex chuckled as Chloe tugged at the soft material of her pale blue summer dress. He leaned down, pressing a seductive kiss to the pulse fluttering in her neck and smirking against her skin.

“If you’re that worried about it we could always take it off,” he whispered suggestively, fingers toying with the thin straps at her shoulders. Chloe’s elbow jabbed back into his stomach and he chuckled again when she turned in his arms.

“It’s not funny, Lex. My dad’s going to know something’s up, and that’s only if Clark doesn’t kill us first. How long are we going to tell him we’ve been together, anyway? A week? Are we going to tell him about the year before that? And how exactly do you propose telling my dad that we’ve been sleeping together all this time without being in an official relationship? Not to mention—mmph! Mpfh . . . mmm.” Her protests were cut off by Lex’s lips quickly sealing over hers, sweeping her up in his kiss until her mind was effectively cleared of anything else. He drew back and pressed another soft, fleeting kiss to her lips before gazing down into her slightly glazed eyes.

“We’ve been together for a year. What we did during that year is nobody’s business but ours. And no matter what Clark or your father say, it’s not going to change the fact that we love each other and we’re together now.” Chloe pressed her hands to his chest and fixed him with an anxious look.

“You promise?”

“I promise.” He brushed his lips over her forehead and felt her relax against him. With a wicked grin he let his fingers move from her waist, dancing over the flimsy material at her back. “Now about this dress problem . . .”

Lex laughed as Chloe stepped back, swatting at his hands, and she couldn’t help but answer with a grin. When she started to lift her wrist to check her watch yet again, Lex grabbed her hand and tugged her forwards. A sigh escaped Chloe’s lips, and she glanced at the grill across the street from the park where they were waiting.

“We’re supposed to be meeting my dad in fifteen minutes. If Clark doesn’t show up soon—”

“Clark.” Chloe turned to where Lex was looking and saw Clark striding up, grinning widely at Lex’s greeting.

“Hey guys. Sorry I’m late.” Clark shoved his large hands into the pockets of his jeans and shot them his patented Clark Kent sheepish look from behind his brand new glasses. “So, what did you two want to talk to me about?”

“Well, Clark . . . um . . .” Chloe turned her apprehensive gaze to Lex and he squeezed her hand, offering her silent support. Clark, for his part, was noticing for the first time how closely his two friends were standing together, their hands clasped in a disturbingly familiar way. He glanced from their intertwined hands back to their faces, his brow furrowing slightly.

“Guys?” Chloe winced at the wariness she heard in Clark’s voice. She took a deep breath and gathered her courage; her chin raised and she stared at Clark, determination etching her features.

“Lex and I wanted to tell you that . . . we’re dating.”

“You . . . you two . . . what?” At any other time Chloe would have been amused by the look of complete and total shock that was currently gracing Clark’s face. As it was, however, she found herself gripping Lex’s hand more tightly, relieved when he spoke up, saving her from having to explain.

“Chloe and I have been seeing each other for about a year now.” Clark blinked for a moment, and shock slowly gave way to confusion.

“But . . . I thought you two were just friends.”

“We were, at first. But then . . .” Chloe gazed at him, pleading for understanding. “I love him, Clark. We’re on our way to tell my dad, but you’re one of our best friends, and you’re the reason we met in the first place. We wanted you to know first.”

Clark’s eyes managed to lock on Chloe’s through his daze, looking deeper, past the anxiety about his reaction, past the nervousness she felt at the thought of telling her father. His face softened when he saw the love embedded there, and the sweeping happiness that Lex had given her. In seconds his arms were wrapped around her, lifting her off of the ground as she clung to his neck.

“It fits,” he whispered in her ear. Chloe’s arms tightened around his neck and he felt her tears brush against his skin. He set her down and faced Lex, whose smirk didn’t quite cover the look of relief on his face.

“I’ll have to ask you to stop making my girlfriend cry, Kent.” When he held out his hand, Clark rolled his eyes and pulled him into a hug, as well. Chloe snorted when they did the quick, manly pat on the back thing, but couldn’t help grinning as she wiped away her tears. Her boys stepped apart and Lex wrapped an arm around her waist, drawing her close to him, and Clark nudged his shoulder.

“Now go, you two. Don’t want to be late.”

“Thank you, Clark.” Chloe’s eyes sparkled at him and Clark watched, grinning, as his two friends walked away, Lex’s arm still holding Chloe close. He shook his head and headed off himself. It looked like he owed Lana ten bucks.

Inside the restaurant Lex and Chloe found Gabe already waiting for them, munching on complimentary breadsticks. He half-stood when they approached the table and leaned over to give Chloe a quick kiss on the cheek. When they were all settled he let loose a grin that rivaled his daughter’s as he took in Chloe’s appearance.

“Wow, you must have big news to warrant you actually wearing a dress, sweetie.” Lex did his best not to laugh at the look Chloe shot him, choosing instead to glance over his menu. A waitress came to take their orders and the three of them made small talk as they sipped at their drinks, for all intents and purposes starting out like one of the usual dinners the three of them engaged in from time to time. When the waitress had walked away again after serving them their entrees, Chloe took a deep breath and prepared to break their news to her father. Clark’s favorable reaction had given her a great deal more confidence, but her hand still sought out Lex’s under the cover of the table.

“Actually, Dad, about what you said earlier. I do have some pretty big news.” She took another deep breath and felt Lex squeeze her hand beneath the table. “Lex and I are together.” Gabe looked up from the bite of lamb he had just taken, an expectant look on his face.

“All right . . . and?” Chloe’s mouth opened and closed twice before she found herself able to reply.

“No, Dad . . . we’re together. As in we’re dating. Lex and I are dating.” Gabe nodded, an amused look on his face as he glanced at the nervous young couple across from him.

“I know.” Lex blinked once, his only sign of the shock that was gripping him. Chloe, on the other hand, was openly gaping at him, and Gabe had to restrain the urge to reach over and close her jaw. Instead he sighed and took a sip of wine. “What am I, stupid? I know I’m not around much, sweetie, but a blind man could see that the two of you are in love.” Chloe covered her mouth with her hand, trying to stifle her laugh, and glanced over at Lex.

“I guess Clark really does need those glasses after all.” She turned back to her father, hope and fear warring in her eyes. “So . . . you’re ok with this?” Gabe smiled.

“Hey, who am I to stand in the way of perfection?”

He watched his daughter’s eyes fill with joyful tears, and his hand reached out to squeeze hers where it now sat on the table. She grinned at him, and he nodded his head towards their plates as he grinned back. “You two just going to let that food get cold?”

Gabe sat back and watched as his daughter and her boyfriend released the hands they thought he didn’t know they were holding and dug into their meals. He sipped his wine and couldn’t help but smile at the thought that now, at last, they had a real family again.

“I can’t believe that went so well.” Lex smirked and pulled Chloe into him, her hands coming up to rest against his chest as his arms locked around her waist.

“You’ve been saying that since we left the restaurant.”

“Yeah, well, that’s probably because I really can’t believe that went so well.” She grinned at Lex’s laugh, and Lex leaned down to taste her smile. An appreciative hum started in Chloe’s blood and echoed in her throat when Lex slipped his tongue out to dart along her lips. When he started backing through the apartment she followed without resistance, unwilling to remove her mouth from where it was fused to his. She barely noticed when he led them to the balcony instead of the bedroom, but when Lex finally released her mouth, she found herself gaping at the sight before her.

“Lex . . .” He let her go and she took a few, dazed steps onto the balcony. The flickering light from dozens of candles danced over her, making her seem to glow from within. She turned back to him and saw him holding up a bottle of champagne, a cocky smile on his face.

“I thought we should celebrate.” Chloe raised a single eyebrow and crossed her arms over her chest, but the look was ruined by the grin she couldn’t seem to keep off of her face.

“You’re telling me you had no doubts about my father’s reaction?” Lex smirked and popped open the bottle.

“Not really. I called from the restaurant and had this set up.”

He turned to pour the champagne and Chloe walked to the high stone railing, gazing out over the glittering Metropolis skyline, so at odds with the soft, warm glow of the balcony around her. She turned when Lex’s arm reached around her, champagne glass in hand. Without a word he lifted his glass to his lips, prompting her to do the same. Keeping their eyes locked the entire time, Lex slowly took their glasses and set them on the railing beside them and leaned down, letting his lips brush softly against hers. Chloe gave a soft moan and parted her lips in invitation; Lex slipped his tongue into her mouth, and Chloe pulled back, shocked, when she felt a piece of hard metal slide from his tongue to rest on hers. Her wide eyes stayed fixed on Lex as she reached up and slowly drew the object from her mouth. When she finally released his gaze, her eyes flickered down to rest on the ring she now held in her hand. A wave of dizziness came over her as she forgot to breathe, overwhelmed when Lex took the ring and knelt before her.

“I know this probably seems incredibly sudden. You’ve only had about a week to get used to the fact that I love you—it’s been a year since I’ve known, and I don’t think I’ll ever quite get used to it. But I know I want to spend the rest of my life working on it. So I’m asking you, Chloe Elizabeth Sullivan . . . will you marry me?” He struggled to keep the disappointment from his face when she merely stood there, shocked. “Chloe, if this seems too sudden, if you’re not ready, then—”

“Yes!!” Chloe’s cry cut him off, and Lex finally noticed the tears in her eyes, joined by a nearly blinding smile. She nodded vigorously, the tears shaking loose and her smile never fading. “Yes, yes, I’ll marry you.” Her hand reached out and she wiggled her fingers impatiently. “Now give me my ring back.”

Lex’s face threatened to split in two with his smile; he stilled Chloe’s waving hand and watched, fascinated, as he slipped the simple diamond ring onto her finger. He looked up to see Chloe’s beaming face, and within seconds he had her in his arms, his mouth attacking hers and her body plastered against his. They stumbled from the balcony to the bedroom and collapsed on the bed in a tangle of clothing and frantic limbs. As breathless laughter turned to moans they lost themselves in each other, their world shrunk down to that one night, held in each other’s arms and finding paradise.

Bring me to life
    (I’ve been living a lie, there’s nothing inside)
    Bring me to life

The images on the black and white TV were grainy but decipherable, silent but for the faint crackle of static. He watched the blonde woman arch her back from the bed, Lex’s mouth latching onto her breast. Though the tangle of sheets covered them in places, it was clear by the motion of their lower bodies that Lex was pounding into her now, drawing soundless moans from her mouth as the man watched him fuck her on the cheap surveillance screen. His fingers steepled when he caught the bright flash on the woman’s left hand as she clawed at Lex’s back, and a cold, malicious smirk curled up his lips. This could be a very interesting development, indeed.

END PART TWO

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    Again - kudos for making Clark likeable. It's something very few authors can do. Lionel - BASTARD! Needs to be shot. *thinks* Pretty sure that's it.

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :biggrin: wonderful chapter, but the ending, oh damn, that was marterful, and so ominous!!!!

petriebird18
    Just a Guest!
    uh-oh. i'm not sure about that ending...so when will you have part 3 up?
    Let me guess, Lionel's the one watching them (which by the way could i just add, eewwww, dirty old man that he is)
    :biggrin: Loved this!!!!! Can't wait for part 3
    ~Deidre~
    :chlexsign3:

NS Full Member
    His fingers steepled when he caught the bright flash on the woman’s left hand as she clawed at Lex’s back, and a cold, malicious smirk curled up his lips. This could be a very interesting development, indeed.
    Oh boy, and the other shoe drops! Wonder what the old perverted MB has up his sleeve now

NS Full Member
    Of course Lionel would have to try and screw it all up . Ha !!! Thier love is true and strong . Lionel will fail . Lionel must die. Lex is best. *ahem* Sorry . I watched a kung fu movie marathon and I am still recovering. Seriously though this story has me hooked and I cant wait to see what happens next !

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    Wow! And I must repeat again, Wow!! Thank you so much for letting Chloe and Lex share their love for each other! I love this story!! I can't wait for part 3!! Who is that creepy pervert who's watching them? Is it Lionel or one of Lex's enemies? Please don't let him break them up!! I just love the way they are now!! :biggrin: I'm a big happily ever after fan!! Thank you so much for writing these stories!! You rock!! :biggrin: :chlexsign4:

it really does sound omnious at the end...at dear...just when they get together, now someone have to spoil it...

OH MY GOD!!! SO HOT...I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT PART :chlexsign3:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information