+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Out of the Depths (3rd of a trilogy - updated 12/16/14)

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Re: Out of the Depths (3rd of a trilogy - updated 7/14/14)

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingApe View Post
    Lexie must have emailed Julie for me because I'm out of the graveyard now! I LIIIIIVVVE!!!
    Yes, I emailed her on Sunday afternoon. I'm glad she was able to fix it so fast.

As regards the posts that vanish out of the blue, I'm afraid it's due to some residual bug from the time the boards were hacked. I suppose finishing the clean-up is extremely time-consuming and Julie's already got a lot on her plate in RL.

The forums keep acting in a weird way whenever one posts or replies; I continuously get notices warning me I have to wait thirty seconds to post again even when it's the first try.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Yes, I emailed her on Sunday afternoon. I'm glad she was able to fix it so fast.

As regards the posts that vanish out of the blue, I'm afraid it's due to some residual bug from the time the boards were hacked. I suppose finishing the clean-up is extremely time-consuming and Julie's already got a lot on her plate in RL.
    Thanks so much! And I totally get it, real life taking over. It's tough to find time for fandom and fic sometimes.

I've found ways to work around the board issues, thank goodness. I hope they're fixed at some point, but I'll live if they aren't.

The forums keep acting in a weird way whenever one posts or replies; I continuously get notices warning me I have to wait thirty seconds to post again even when it's the first try.
    I get the same thing! I just open the thread in a new tab and be sure it was posted, then go along my merry way. It sucks that the forum was compromised, though.

This is really intriguing! I've wanted for a long time to read a story that touches upon the Lex-Tess dynamic without sanctifying or demonizing either one of the them, and while they haven't interacted yet in this fic, I'm finding Lex's thoughts about Tess to be a fascinating read (even though him violating her like that is just... in any other fictional universe I'd say he was irredeemable, but given that this is Smallville where Lionel was given a free pass for equally grievous transgressions, I'm not going to write Lex off yet. But unless this is going to be a darker kind of story, he needs one hell of a redemption arc after a crime of this magniutude.)

I find it interesting that in this story Lex does not know that Tess is his sister. I like it better than the show writers' decision to have him having known who she was all along. I wonder if you're planning to delve into Tess' background a bit and maybe make something coherent out of the mess that her backstory on the show turned out to be. How will Lex find out who she truly is? What will his reaction be when he learns who her mother is? (Considering that Pamela Jenkins called herself Lillian's close friend and all, I think Lex's feelings with regards to her having been yet another one of Lionel's mistresses are going to be quite... complex.) I don't know if you're planning on going this deep into the whole Lex-Tess thing, but in any case, I find this side of the story fascinating and am looking forward to seeing to how it all is going to unfold, no matter how you choose to go about it.

Otis is cute and funny. I only know him from those several issues of Smallville's comics that I read a couple of years ago, so... well, he's pretty much an original character to me. But I like his dynamic with Lex. I barely remember who Regan is, but "fucking Regan" makes me giggle every time.

The Chloe side of the story, as I understand, follows season 8 pretty closely. I watched it years ago, so I don't remember most of it, but I do remember the Chloe/Jimmy romance to be rather tepid, just like the rest of Smallville romantic subplots. I understand why Chloe, after everything she's gone through, wants to cling to the illusion of normalcy, but it's still frustrating. Both Chloe and Jimmy deserve better than this. Nice explanation of "Henry James", by the way! It is plausible and makes Jimmy a bit more 3-dimensional.

“Fuck you,” Lex growled.

Otis sniffed. “Well, I was only…”

“Not you!”
    This made me chuckle out loud. Otis is simply precious!

Looking forward to the next chapter! Thank you for sharing your talent with us! (and maybe by the time the next chapter is out I'll remember how to review properly.)
    Last edited by Sheliana; 31st December 2014 at 13:32.

NS Full Member

you seem to follow season 8 close with the romance of chloe & jimmy.i like the explaination of henry james because it is plausible.

Members

Just checking in for an update. This story is epic and needs to be finished (preferably with a hea but it doesn't need to be sappy). Please!!

Thanks to all waiting patiently for an update to this. I kind of made an across-the board decision to give fic a rest while I was going through some family and work issues -- some good some bad, but all settling down a bit now. I just have to update two other fics where the readers have been waiting longer and then I hope to have an update to this before Sunday. Thanks again for the patience.

Members

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingApe View Post
    Thanks to all waiting patiently for an update to this. I kind of made an across-the board decision to give fic a rest while I was going through some family and work issues -- some good some bad, but all settling down a bit now. I just have to update two other fics where the readers have been waiting longer and then I hope to have an update to this before Sunday. Thanks again for the patience.
    Sorry to hear about the tough times. Glad to hear things are settling down. Selfishly happy to hear that you do plan on continuing! Take care!

NS Full Member

sorry to hear that the difficult times you had.but glad to hear things are getting better.can't wait to see what happens next

Members

Also sorry to hear about bad times, hope things continue to improve, can't wait for more chlex.

Friendly bump.
    Oh, how much I would like to see this story to its end You will finish, won't you?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information