Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Error: Missing Chapter Posts

Re: Error: Missing Chapter Posts

Can you repost the skauble story "What you Don't Know"? It was in NC-17 complete.

For my own stories, should I repost them or will you reopen original threads? I had a number of works up.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phillydragonldy View Post
    Can you repost the skauble story "What you Don't Know"? It was in NC-17 complete.

For my own stories, should I repost them or will you reopen original threads? I had a number of works up.
    Done! It was in the Completed General sub-board, by the way. http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/...on-t-Know-quot

Since you're a relatively new member I haven't got all your completed fics saved. Check all your created threads and see if the Show Printable Version button is still working, if it is, then the fic is still retrievalble. If clicking on the thread redirects you to the homepage, I suggest creating a new thread adding the term BACK-UP at the beginning of the title line. If pressing on the "Post" button, sends you to the homepage, let me know and I'll delete the new thread for you.

I'll go though your fics
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Quote Originally Posted by malugargula View Post
    Two more that don't open: a luthor never backs down / strange bedfellows
    Reupped.

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Done! It was in the Completed General sub-board, by the way. http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/...on-t-Know-quot

Since you're a relatively new member I haven't got all your completed fics saved. Check all your created threads and see if the Show Printable Version button is still working, if it is, then the fic is still retrievalble. If clicking on the thread redirects you to the homepage, I suggest creating a new thread adding the term BACK-UP at the beginning of the title line. If pressing on the "Post" button, sends you to the homepage, let me know and I'll delete the new thread for you.

I'll go though your fics
    I don't know what the "Show Printable Version" button looks like or where to find it. Can you attach a link to a page with it or a screenshot?

If you need a test link, under completed NC-17 the story called "Compromising Positions" is by me. Clicking on the link just goes to homepage.

Quote Originally Posted by phillydragonldy View Post
    I don't know what the "Show Printable Version" button looks like or where to find it. Can you attach a link to a page with it or a screenshot?

If you need a test link, under completed NC-17 the story called "Compromising Positions" is by me. Clicking on the link just goes to homepage.
    If clicking on the title of thread redirects you to our homepage, then I'm afraid your fic's no longer retrievable-

As regards the "Show Printable Version" button , you can find it on all threads when you open them. Go to the first post of any thread page. In the top right-hand corner you'll find a series of buttons labelled Thread Tools, Search this Thread, Rate this Thread. etc. If you click on the first one, a drop-down menu will open including the option called "Show printable Version". Threads which have pages that won't open or lack posts can be retrieved in full by using that button. It's only the ones that redirect you to the homepage that are a lost case.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

NS Full Member

Orchestrato by BabyDee is one of those missing fics where the thread redirects to the homepage... It was here:

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/...leted-22-11-13

The author seems to be still active at NS, but I also have the printable version saved if you need it!
    Last edited by chrisrose; 13th July 2015 at 21:09.

Life Less Ordinary - sequel to Nightswimming by newbatgirl is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrose View Post
    Orchestrato by BabyDee is one of those missing fics where the thread redirects to the homepage... It was here:

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/...leted-22-11-13

The author seems to be still active at NS, but I also have the printable version saved if you need it!
    I'm afraid none of the fics posted in the Completed NC-17 subforum are retrievable.

Thanks for the offer but I have it saved. I'll try to repost it as soon as I deal with the reformatting.
    Last edited by lexie; 21st July 2015 at 23:36.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Reposted. Enjoy!

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

NS Full Member

Hey guys! Guess what?! Okay, you know how fics with missing chapters can still be read in their entirety by clicking on the printable option?

Well, I just had a thought that maybe the seemingly-completely-non-retrievable threads *were* still retrievable if you could figure out the url of the printable version and type it in your browser manually, you know, by studying the non-retrievable non-printable thread urls which you can still see listed on the forums even if you can't click on them without being redirected to the main page? *deepbreath* ... so I did a test and it worked!

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/...&pp=100&page=1

That's the original printable thread for BabyDee's "Orchestrato"! So you just have to take that url above and change the thread/story ID # "8720" to whatever fic thread number you want to view...and hopefully it should load up any other "missing" fic too! I tried it for "Fragile Hearts" by Tasha and it worked as well!

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/...&pp=100&page=1

Of course it's not as convenient as easily clicking on the new backup threads lexie so kindly provided. But with a little extra effort, at least we can still see the original threads with all the discussion and reviews of the stories intact... yay! Maybe this'll save lexie a bit of work in the future too. I'm sorry I didn't think of this sooner, lexie! Although it's not possible to leave new comments on the printable version, right? So it's still good to have these new backup threads to post in.

ETA: Oooh maybe we could post links to the original printable urls *in* the new backup threads for handy clicking and reading! Sorry if that's a little excessive...just the crazy archivist in me wanting to preserve original dates & discussions...but of course the story's the main thing, so feel free to ignore me and yikes I'm not trying to create *more* work for lexie, I swear!
    Last edited by chrisrose; 24th July 2015 at 20:26.

Closed Thread

Thread Information