+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Come Back to Me [NC17] completed 21/03/2014

Re: Come Back to Me [NC17] updated 08/03/2014

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited even though I know that they will get married (although, of course, I don't know when yet)! Chlex are going to get married. Chlex LOVE each other. Chlex are going to get married! HotCrossedBunny
    Yeah, but we all know how that one ends...

loved the last 2 updates.lex and chloe agreed to give the relationship a try.loved the lex wants to marry her and in clark's own way he gave his blessing cbrunberg
    Thanks

oh, that is so sweet. Chloe and Lex fighting and then hot make up sex. So what happen to the marriage? We need to get back to the present to see why their marriage is falling apart. trckyrcky
    Ready to get to know the reason their marriage is falling apart?

AN My apologies for updating so late. Now besides studying and going to classes, I have a lot of research and paper work to do because I want to spend my last year of studies abroad.

Part 6

Some time later…

Chloe could not believe it, yet it was happening.

She remembered how she had barely met Lex and after a few weeks of being together, he had just proposed to her. She could not refuse. She had been so in love with him. Maybe it was the bliss that a person had when falling in love, but getting married had seemed a very good idea. Why would they wait? Life was short and they should live to the fullest.

The wedding had not been a huge event. They had wanted to celebrate their love, not the Luthor social status or connections. The only people present there were Lois and Clark as their witnesses. Then Chloe and Lex had gone for their honeymoon.

Problems started when they had come back home. They had had even more reasons to argue when people had put a stigma on Chloe. She had married a Luthor, a person that had been the main subject of the papers a few years back. Maybe Lex had been right when he had told her that there was nothing to write about him anymore, but his reputation had still been there. Probably would always be there. He had promised to be by her side, to be her support and she had thought she had been silly to argue about such stuff in the first place. She had gone back to work. It had been hard for her because the gossip column of the Planet had been writing about her and Lex for quite some time. It had not been pleasant, but it was not true either. After a day at work Chloe had been going back to Lex’s penthouse in Metropolis and he had made her forget. He loved her so much.

Now she was sitting in the bathroom with a small stick in her hand.

She couldn’t believe it, yet it was there. A small plus.

She was pregnant.

They had been talking about having a child for quite some time, but they did not think it would happen so fast once Chloe got off her birth control.

Once the shock passed, it was replaced by a sudden giddy feeling. She was happy. She was already imagining a little baby in her arms. She saw the happiness on Lex’s face once it would be brought into this world. She saw happiness. So much of it. Maybe baby was the answer. Maybe it would stop them from falling into those stupid insignificant quarrels? They were working hard not to have them, but sometimes they could not help it. They always apologized to each other by the end of the day though. They could not let those petty things come between them. Maybe baby would be the ultimate answer? Maybe their whole attention would be shifted to this little creature?

Chloe had tears in her eyes, so happy she was.

She heard the front door open and she ran out of the bathroom.

“Chloe? What happened? Why are you crying?” Lex asked worryingly when looking at her.

“Those are happy tears!” she squealed. “You’re going to be a daddy!!” she exclaimed and threw herself into his arms.

He caught her in his embrace, being a little shocked, but once the news sunk in, he actually smiled and tightened his hold on her, then twirled her around when laughing.

“We’re going to be parents!” he yelled when he finally put her down. She pulled away from him and he cupped her face, looking deep into her eyes. His own were watery by now too. “Chloe, I’m so happy. We’re going to give this baby a home we both never had. I will be the perfect daddy. I will be here and I will focus entirely on my family, I won’t even work so much, I promise! Our baby will have both parents and those parents will love him so much!”

“Him?” Chloe asked.

“Or her. I don’t care.”

She smiled again.

“I love you.”

“I love you too,” Lex answered and kissed her. She put her arms around him again and then jumped him, entwining his waist with her legs. He carried her to the bedroom when he intended to make love to her for a very long time.

“I’m just saying we should at least talk about it!” Lex yelled, arguing with his wife again. “This private school will give our baby the best education!”

“NO!” Chloe shouted. “No, no and once again no! I will not send my baby to a private school where she’ll have false friends!”

“And I will not send her to a school where she’ll be picked on!” Lex did not agree with Chloe.

They just found out the gender of the baby and once they got home, they decided to choose the best future for her. That led to another fight.

“Lex, you were in private school,” Chloe sighed heavily, lowering her voice and massaging her temples with the tips of her fingers. “And I know you were not happy.”

“I was in a boarding school. Private school is in here, in Metropolis.”

“When all the kids will compete with each other to be most popular! She will not have friends there! She will have false friends, because she’s a Luthor! And she may even be hated!”

“Hated? Is that what you think of me? That people can only hate me?!”

“No!! I love you! Your friends love you! We are your family! But this baby… once she gets to school, she will have a very hard time, so let’s not make it even harder! She will not be placed in a private school. Period! I want her to get to know real life. Maybe it will be harder, but at least she’ll know where she stands! And in a public school, of course they are bullies too and mean kids, but this will the place where she will be able to find true friends too! I met Clark in a public school!”

“Clark is one in a million!”

“There’s always a person that can be your friend. You just need to give it time to find them.”

“Why can’t she do it in a private school?!”

“Lex, for a god’s sake! Stop it!” Chloe shouted, so tired of this fight. “This is all meaningless… we shouldn’t fight about this now!”

“This is the most serious thing we’ve ever had to discuss!” he was being stubborn.

“The kids in private schools will all be snobs! And I will not send our daughter there!” Chloe yelled, determined like the discussion was already finished.

“Ok,” Lex sighed heavily and rolled his eyes. “Then we’ll leave this decision to her.”

“What?”

“If she doesn’t like one school, she can go to the other.”

“And I presume the first school will be off your choice?” Chloe asked. “Save the money for her college education, Lex.”

“I have enough for everything!”

“You said you’ll be spending more time at home once the baby is born.”

“You’re hanging on to my words! Stop that!”

“Our baby will not be a lab rat! She can’t just go to all the schools to decide on her own just so we both stop fighting!”

Chloe took her bag and directed herself toward the door.

“Chloe!” Lex tried to stop her. He could tell she was crying by now.

“Leave me alone, Lex!” she jerked her arm free when he grabbed it. “I need time!!” she cried out, tears now clearly streaming down her face. “How can we have a baby when we can’t stop fighting?! We were fooling ourselves!”

“Chloe!”

But she did not listen.

Next thing he heard was her scream along with a sound that would haunt him for the rest of his life.

“Doctor! How’s my wife?!” Lex got to the doctor that had taken care of Chloe once they had got to the hospital. Chloe had fallen down the stairs. “Is she ok? Is the baby ok?” Lex was shaking. He was terrified and he felt such a guilt that it was killing him. He loved his wife more than anything and he loved the baby just the same. His daughter. They were going to call her Lily. At least one thing they agreed on. Now he knew it was stupid to argue about school. What difference did it make if their daughter would go to a public or private school? At least he stopped caring now. He had been raised differently than Chloe. Maybe she was the one that was right? She had been raised by her father alone, but still, she had managed to have much happier childhood than Lex had ever had with both his parents, at least before his mother died. Then it only got worse.

“Mr. Luthor…” the doctor started and Lex knew already that something was wrong. “I am so sorry. We did everything we could, but your wife lost the baby. You can go see her now.”

Lex felt like his whole world just crumbled down around him.

The baby he already was buying stuff to. The baby room that was ready in their penthouse. The baby he imagined he would hold in his arm. The daughter that he would have to raise and protect from all the bad guys. He even thought of the first day she would start dating and he would have to be the father she needed then…

It was all gone now. She was gone. Dead.

Was it the Luthor curse? Can’t Luthors just be happy?

Lex walked into Chloe’s room on wobbly legs. He barely saw anything. He was afraid to face his wife and in the same time, he needed to be by her side. He needed to take her pain away even if that would destroy him.

Only he was never prepared for this.

“Chloe?” he asked so quietly that he thought she did not even hear him.

Chloe was lying in a hospital bed, her face pale and swollen from tears. She did not look at him. She looked in the direction of the window on the other side of the room.

“Chloe?” Lex repeated, coming closer to her. What should he say to her? He had no idea…

It was she who spoke next and those words broke his heart all over again.

“Get out,” she just told him, her voice emotionless, empty, alien to him now.

“Chloe…”

“You heard her,” that was Lois who was now standing in the door and right next to her was Clark.

“But…” Lex started, looking at them.

“Get out, Lex before you make it worse,” Lois was adamant and she actually threw him out of the room.

“But… Clark!” Lex turned to his friend, but he did not look at him at all.

He was left alone in the corridor, still not understanding what had just happened.

Then after another twenty minutes Clark walked out of there with a stone face.

“Can I see her now?” Lex got to the door immediately. “Clark, she’s my wife!” he cried out when his friend was still in the door, blocking his way in.

“I’m sorry, Lex, but Chloe doesn’t want to see you. There’s nothing I can do.”

Now

He still remembered how hurt he had been then. It had been days and Chloe had still not wanted to talk to him.

Then she had sent him divorce papers and he had known.

She could not be with him anymore. She hated him. She probably blamed him for losing their daughter. She was done with fighting.

If only he wasn’t so stubborn… he could have had it all if only he had let go of some things.

Right now, when he was sitting by her side, again in a hospital, again it had happened because of him… he did not care about a school their child would have gone to. All he cared about was family. He just wanted it all back. He wanted family and he wanted a healthy child.

All gone…

“Chloe, I am so sorry…” he whispered, taking her hand and stroking it softly. “Can you ever forgive me? I love you so much… I never stopped…”

NS Full Member

So sad, it's never easy losing a baby. Chloe should give Lex another chance and they can have another baby again.

NS Full Member

so sad that they lost there baby.its going to be hard but i hope they can work getting back together and have another baby

trckyrcky & cbrunberg yeah, well... long way ahead of them and some pain to overcome.

Part 7

Lex was running along the hospital corridor. He had just had a very important LuthorCorp meeting when he received a phone call informing him that Chloe was awake.

It had been three days. Three long days before she woke up. Now he needed to get there as fast as he could. No work, no company, nothing mattered to him more than his wife. She still was his wife.

He was late though. The Daily Planet was closer to Metropolis General than LuthorCorp and Lois was already there with Chloe.

He was not going to back out this time. Not even Lois Lane could stop him. He wondered where Clark was, but it was typical of his friend to be very busy. He was sure Clark show himself soon, so he needed to get in now.

He knocked and then stepped inside, his heart beating hard in his chest and he saw her lying in bed and smiling to Lois. Chloe looked so fragile, so pale, yet she seemed to be in a good mood. That would change as soon as she would see him, he knew it.

“Chloe?” he said and both she and Lois looked at him.

He was right. Both smiles were gone.

“Chloe… eh… can we talk, please?” he asked, feeling like a complete idiot.

“I guess so,” Lois said to both Chloe’s and Lex’s astonishment.

Chloe’s cousin had never had anything against Lex until the moment he had caused their marriage to break apart. Since that Lois stood loyal by Chloe’s side and Lex could not really blame her. Clark was the only one that still divided his time between his both friends, not really able to pick any above the other. Clark was always noble and understanding, he never judged and that was a feature Lex loved about him. Sometimes he thought that thanks to Clark he was who he was now, he had not become his father as so many people had predicted for him.

“He’s spent the whole three days by your bedside and even I didn’t have the heart to throw him out,” Lois told Chloe ad her excuse. “And I think you need to solve some stuff, Chlo.” After having said that, she left the room.

Lex thought Lois hated him and now he could kiss her for this opportunity. Of course he did not.

“Chloe…” Lex started and walked over to her bed to take the chair Lois had been sitting in before.

“Lex, I want you to know that I don’t blame you for what happened,” Chloe told him. “I don’t blame you for what happened to Lily, I never have.”

At the sound of his unborn and already lost child’s name, something inside of Lex broke and he wanted to hold Chloe’s hand. She pulled hers away from his what hurt him even more. Her eyes were not longer fixed on his either.

“But that accident made me realize that… even if there’s passion and desire between us… we can’t really build a healthy relationship on it. We just can’t coexist peacefully, Lex. You need to understand this.”

“So you want me to just give up on us?” he asked, his voice strained. “Chloe, I love you. I will never stop.”

“Love isn’t enough.”

“No, but our love is strong. Besides, we can work on things. I’ve changed. I know now that fighting… it was all futile, all for nothing… Chloe, I need you back. I need you to give me a second chance.” His voice was begging her now. “I’m sorry I hurt you, but I can’t live without you.”

“Well, then we’ll just have to wait, won’t we?” she asked.

“Chloe…”

“Please, leave,” she said, looking into his eye one last time before she closed hers and he noticed the stray tear running down her cheek.

“Chloe…” he repeated, so close to breaking. She was his whole life and he could not believe that he had screwed up so much. He wanted her. He never wanted anyone else. He needed her in his life.

How would he go on without her?

“Lex,” that was Clark’s voice coming from the door. “I’m sorry, but I think your presence here is just hurting her.”

Lex stood up, not really knowing what he was doing. His legs led him to the door and then through it and he suddenly found himself by his car.

Suddenly, he raised his fist and hit the window and it shattered into pieces, hurting him.

He did not care. He needed pain. He needed this more than this emotional agony that he could not cure.

He got into his car and started the engine.

He did not even know where he was going. He just needed to get away…

The image of battered Chloe in a hospital bed was haunting him. The image of the still unsigned divorce papers stained with her blood left him in agony.

And he was the one who had done this to her.

He had broken her.

Chloe had just got home and she did not really know what to do with herself.

She had been discharged but still on the leave from work. She did not want any friends over either. She was sick of Lois taking care of her and of Clark just standing there all the time, thinking hard like he was about to break his own brain. Of course if something like that was a thing, which it was not.

Chloe was sick of been taken care of and she was even more sick of those pitiful eyes looking at her.

She made her choice. She was not happy.

But she needed to do this. Period.

She slowly unpacked her things. Really, Lois had outdone herself when she had been bringing her all those stuff and clothes to the hospital.

Once that was done Chloe needed coffee, so she went to the kitchen to get some. She felt restless. She was sick of lying in bed. Besides, she was never seriously injured.

In that moment somebody knocked on the door.

“Lois, I told you I didn’t want any…” she stopped when she opened it because it was not Lois. It was Lex. “What are you doing here?” she asked, trying to ignore the pang in her heart.

He looked awful. Worse than she did. He was miserable, pale, his eyes had no life in them and his tie was uneven, the shirt only partially tucked into his pants. He was clean though, very clean, she could tell because as soon as he saw her, he grabbed her face and pulled her closer into a kiss.

She forgot about what she was going to say. She even forgot she should throw him out of there. All that mattered to her were his lips on hers, his hands running all over her body, touching and nipping on places he knew she loved him to touch.

“You’re not leaving me,” he said in between the kisses. “You know we’re belong together. You love me just like I love you.” His lips were now on her neck, mouthing and licking her pulse that was racing now.

“Lex… I…” but she stopped again when he slid his hand under her shirt and cupped her breasts, then went down, down her stomach until his hand was in her jeans and then cupped her intimately. “Lex!” Now Chloe started moaning. “Oh, yes, Lex, yes…”

She soon reached her climax, thrashing against his hand and the three fingers that were now penetrating her.

“Yes, baby,” Lex answered when he raised her up from the ground and carried to the bedroom. He lowered her gently on the bed and started stripping her.

She was long gone, lost in senses when he entered her, groaning and ravishing in the feeling of her. He needed her so much and he wanted nothing more than to keep making her happy for the rest of their lives.

“Lex… Lex… Lex…” she was repeating his name as a mantra when he kept driving into her. Her nails were scratching his back but he did not care. She was his again.

And he was hers.

She forgot about all their problems for the night and once they both reached their peaks, she let him cradle her in his arms and they fell asleep like that.

When Lex woke up the next morning she was gone.

“Chloe?” he asked and then sat on the bed. “Chloe!”

His hand covered something lying on the bed on Chloe’s side.

It was a folded piece of paper.

Lex,

It was a really wonderful night and I will never forget it, but I can’t change my decision.

It may be different between us now, but in a few months… years… it will be back to normal, back to fighting.

I do not want this life for either of us.

Please, understand. I am tired of this constant struggle we’re having.

Besides, how a relationship that basically started in a bar’s bathroom can last?

I love you, but love is not enough.

Chloe

“I think you should call him and try to work it all up!” Lois, still to Chloe’s shock, suggested.

“I thought you’d be the first to tell him to go to hell,” Chloe answered her cousin. “Why are you suddenly defending him?”

“It’s because I saw how much he loves you, Chloe. I only saw that kind of a look once in another man and it was Clark looking at me. Trust me, I’d had a lot of relationships in the past and none of them ended well, so I do know love when I see one. You should give him a chance.”

“How can I risk so much? How do I know he won’t end up hurting me more?” Chloe asked, thinking hard.

“You never know until you try,” Lois advised. “You can call him or you can wonder what could have been for the rest of your life. It’s your choice.”

“Have you seen Clark recently?” Chloe asked.

“Nope. He’s away on business and don’t you change the topic! Come on, Chloe! Pick up the phone and call him!”

Chloe sighed heavily, not really knowing what to do.

Like in an answer, her cell called on its own.

“Speaking of the witch, it’s Clark,” she said and answered. “Hi, Clark, how are you?...”

“Lois was watching her cousin’s face for a moment and then she got seriously worried.

First there was shock, then she heard a loud NO coming for Chloe and then… she dropped the phone.

“Chloe?” Lois asked her, touching her arm and shaking it a little. “Chloe?”

The call got disconnected.

“Chloe?!”

“It was Clark…” Chloe said, looking into the distance like she was hypnotized. “He said… he said…” she sniffed a few times and then her eyes were filled with tears. “He said… Lex’s gone… he… he… killed himself…”

“WHAT?!” Lois yelled.

AN: OK, OK, WAIT A SEC. DON’T COME TO ME WITH TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS JUST YET!!

Wait patiently to the next chapter that will be the epilogue, alright? Promise you - it will be fine! And there will be a happy ending with a little twist!!

NS Full Member

No, Lex is not dead. He is probably hurt and Chloe will run to him and see how much he still meant to her. Then they will have another baby and live happily ever after.

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

This is so sad! Lex being dead is a joke right? Cant wait for the ending!
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by trckyrcky View Post
    No, Lex is not dead. He is probably hurt and Chloe will run to him and see how much he still meant to her. Then they will have another baby and live happily ever after.
    Haha, read on!

This is so sad! Lex being dead is a joke right? Cant wait for the ending! Ami Rose
    The same to you - read on!!

Epilogue

“This is some kind of a joke!” Chloe was screaming. “You can’t just give up your life because you lost the love of your life!”

“You turn him down pretty hard, Chlo,” Lois said, wishing she knew how to comfort her grieving cousin.

“Yeah, but wasn’t you that told me once that no guy was ever worth taking my own life? It goes both ways!”

“Chloe, you were fourteen and Clark just turned you down. I saw how depress you were so I told you that. I knew it wasn’t real love.”

“Well, of course it wasn’t! I was fourteen! Lex is… was… oh my god…” It was all so incomprehensible to Chloe. She wanted to die herself. She did not know how to deal with this pain. It was all too much. TOO MUCH.

She had gone through shock and hysteria, now she was just crying, could not seem to stop.

“Clark told me we should get to Luthor mansion in Smallville,” Lois informed Chloe, soothing her back.

“Why the hell there?!”

“I guess it was Lex’s wish. He met you in Smallville all those years ago… oh God, I’m so sorry, Chlo, I didn’t mean to…” Helpless Lois hugged her sobbing cousin once again.

“I think… I think…” Chloe kept on sobbing. “I made a mistake. I should’ve given him that second chance. I mean… I can’t live in a world when he’s not in it! I was so stupid! Lois, it’s my fault he’s dead! It’s like I did this to him! I could’ve fought. He had. I just gave up! I killed him! And if he did it all to make me realize how much I loved him and to punish me… he did it right. I deserve this pain.”

“He’s a son of a bitch! That’s who he is!” Lois suddenly yelled and Chloe was so shocked with that outburst that she stopped crying altogether.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“He knew exactly what this would do to you! He knew you loved him! He knew it would hurt you and destroy you and he still went through with it! What kind of a Luthor is he anyway? Luthors are supposed to be survivors no matter what! This just does not add up to him!”

Chloe and Lois arrived at the mansion the next morning and after a brief talk with Clark, Chloe needed to be alone. To just get away from all of this. To run. Run far away.

Only she could not. Besides, running was not the answer. The pain would still be there. She could not get away from it. She did not know how to live with it either.

Clark informed her that Lex had used a gun. He had shot himself in the head.

Chloe hated Lex for it. She loved him so much and for that she hated him too.

She hated company. She hated being alone.

She hated everything.

And most of all, she hated herself.

She walked into the mansion’s garden and just stood there with her eyes closed. She folded her arms on her chest and she remembered.

She remembered being with Lex. She remembered his eyes, the taste of his lips, the smell of his skin. She wanted it all back. She did not care if they would fight or just love each other. She just wanted him back. She knew now how much she had hurt him when all she had been trying to do was to protect herself.

She started dreaming and that brought her some solace. She knew that when she would wake up from that surge of memories the pain would come back twice as strong, but she needed that momentary respite. Lex was here. Or she was there, in the past with him. What was important - they were together, happy. He would take her in his arms…

Something was wrong. Chloe’s daydreaming seemed to become more real. She could clearly feel Lex’s arms around her, she could feel his chest against her back, his breath on her skin.

“What the…?!” She jumped like his body burnt her and she swirled around, clearly facing a living and breathing ghost. “LEX?!”

He stood there. He was just there. Alive and well.

“LEX! You’re alive!” The first impulse was to cry from happiness and to jump into his arms. His own went around her and she breathed in the familiar, dear smell of him, she listened to his heartbeat that was a little too fast in the moment.

The pain was gone. It was soothed. By him.

Then she realized what had really happened.

“You son of a bitch!” she yelled at him and pushed him away so hard that he stumbled backwards. Fortunately, he kept his balance, but Chloe would be more smug if he fell. “Do you have any idea what I’ve been through?! Is this funny to you?! I thought you were dead for a fuck’s sake!”

“Chloe, Chloe… I… I’m sorry,” he said.

“That’s all?! You’re fucking sorry?! How would you feel if I let you believe I committed suicide?! And Clark! How on earth did you get Clark to agree to it?!”

“That was hard. I admit. But eventually he followed through. He saw how much I’ve changed and how much I love you. How much you love me.”

“You said the very same line about changing when we met in that bar!”

“Yes, but back there I meant my being on the right path.”

“Do you have an answer for everything?!”

Chloe stopped talking and closed her eyes. How could a person go from grief to angriness so fast? She was furious with Lex. She had been always furious with him and she would probably always be.

“Chloe, please… you left me. You gave me no chance to win you back. I needed to make you realize what you were missing. What you caused us to miss. We need each other. Do you honestly believe that you’ll find another person you’ll love so much?”

“Well, no…” she admitted, biting her lower lip. “And don’t you make me say what I think of your smugness right now!”

She was angry. She wanted him. It was always like that.

“At least you can’t say we’ll be boring together,” Lex noticed. “Chloe, please, I beg of you. Give me a chance.”

She looked him in the eyes. They were so sad. So blue gray and so yearning. She remembered seeing them hazy with ecstasy that she caused him, full of love when he looked at her and so sad when she had told him to leave her alone.

She loved this man as much as she hated him for what he had done.

She also could not deny any longer that he was her life and she would never meet anyone who would affect her this way. He was right, they would never be boring.
    “We… We would have to work on our issues,” she said to her own astonishment. Her heart was beating too fast and she was hyperventilating. She was still in a deep shock. She could not comprehend what had happened exactly those last twelve hours. “We would have to learn how to compromise. And don’t you think you can just get away from what you did here. It will take a lot of time for me to forgive you for hurting me like this. Lex, you made me believe you were dead. How can a person do something like that?”

“A Luthor who is desperate can do anything. But don’t you worry, from now on I will never do anything to hurt you ever again. You have my word.”

“If we do this…” Chloe said, but she already knew she would have to. As much as she hated to admit that, if Lex had not ‘faked’ his own death, she would have simply lived alone to the rest of her life, happy that he was in this world too. Eventually, he would have found someone else, not for love, probably to forget and she would not have had the right to blame him nor hate him for it. It would have been all her fault.

What he had done was to make her realize that they were meant to be and it worked.

She knew she was stubborn and Lois would not have convinced her to come back to Lex. Even if Chloe had wanted to, she would have been too proud.

“One last condition,” she said.

“Yes?” he asked, looking at her so intensely and with such a fear and hope in the same time that he melted her heart. She wanted the pain to stop. For the both of them.

“I will decide where our future children will go to school.”

The happiness that appeared in his eyes nearly leveled her and then he was there, by her side again, taking her in his arms and kissing her.

Yes, he was a Luthor and a part of him would always be one, but on the other hand, what other choice did he have to get her back?

She just wanted to forget this week - hell, this few months they had spent apart - never happened. Chloe herself had hurt Lex so much that time that she fully deserved one day of grieving…

“You did what?!” They heard Lois’s scream as they kissed.

“It was his idea and he was desperate, Lois! And I agreed because… well, I couldn’t see them hurting like that…” Clark was explaining himself.

I’ve had that, you idiot! I could’ve got Chloe back to Lex without any fake deaths!! Do you have any idea what…”

Chloe laughed against Lex’s lips.

All four of them - five if counting the baby growing in Chloe’s stomach - gathered on the beach for her and Lex’s vowel renewal.

They needed a new start. They needed to do this all right this time.

They had spent those last few weeks on talking over matters and then having sex, but what was important was the fact that they had come to an understanding. They decided their love would always be more important than any other thing that could get in the way. From now on if they disagreed on something, they politely talked about it, but only when it was important. When it wasn’t, they went for compromise or ignore the upcoming fight.

It had been hard at the beginning, but they were good at it now.

They made sure they never forgot how important they were to each other.

Chloe could finally look Lex in the eye and believe him, believe they could make this work, also she could forgive him for what he had done as well as he forgave her.

They started fresh and this time they would succeed.

They had realized their problem was rushing into things without thinking, but now they had matured and grown together.

They would not make the same mistakes…

…and in a few years there would be two small children running around their apartment, thinking how wonderful parents they had. They had wonderful childhood with a loving mother and a father who was always there when they needed him because family came first to him. They also never heard their parents argue.

The end

NS Full Member

hated the lex faked his death.loved they got back together and that they have 2 children.

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

love the ending. i am so glad lex is ok and he and chloe are back together.

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

first of all what an amazing vid

Loved this fic... not so much that Lex faked his death but I can understand despair and why he did it
    Love your writing, missed reading it. I think I'll be able to handle all ships together now, let's see if my craziness is gone lol
    Malu

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information