+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Back to Me [NC17] completed 21/03/2014

Re: Come Back to Me [NC17]

Quote Originally Posted by HotCrossedBunny View Post
    Brilliant. You know that I have always loved your stories but looking at this compared to this time last year you have got considerably better. This is fantastic, I love their relationship and can't wait to read more.
    Oh, thank you so much!!
    I could tell the same about your stories too

great story can't wait to see what happen and how lex trys to woo chloe cbrunberg
    Happy you like it Thanks!

I love seeing how Chloe and Lex got together, a bathroom hook-up. I can't wait to read more! tatie87
    Yeah... ehm... bathroom... I tired something unconventional

Part 3

It hit Chloe when she started dressing up for the dinner she was about to have with Lex. Had she still been drunk this morning? Why else would she agree to his proposal? What had happened the night before was not a base for a relationship. It just… didn’t seem to be right. Still, Chloe couldn’t help but being a little curious to why Lex was so adamant to spend more time with her. What could he possibly see in her? That night she had been at her lowest. She was sure she hadn’t been very appealing, especially when being so drunk.

It did not lie in Chloe’s nature to give up. She would feel mortified if she had to call Lex to tell him she changed her mind now. She wasn’t that kind of a woman. She had said she would be there, so she would be there. After all, it could be interesting. She just couldn’t drink anymore. It would not do her any good, both for her health and her choices. She couldn’t wake up in Lex’s bed the next morning, period.

Just when she was about to go out, her cell rang. It was Clark.

“Now?” she asked the phone with a frown, then she decided to pick up. Clark was too overprotective and if she didn’t pick up, he would start worrying and then he would come over to check if she was alright. Most of the times she liked that about him, he seemed to be the exception in all the men she had known, but tonight she really did not. “Hi, Clark. I’m busy. Can we talk later?” she picked up just in the very moment that the buzzer at her door sounded.

“Are you really having a date with Lex?” Clark just asked straight away.

“Eh… well… yeah… but you know… it’s not like a date date, it’s just… dinner…” she stammered and the buzzer sounded again. “Just a minute!” She called in the door’s direction.

“To me it sounds like a date,” Clark decided. “I thought you didn’t like each other.”

“Didn’t like?” Chloe repeated, feeling stupid by doing so. “No, it was just… I thought low of Lex.”

“Exactly. And now you’re darting him?”

“He told you that?”

“Yes. Lois keeps telling me to leave it alone, because it’s kind of sweet that two of my best friends have a date together, but…”

“Clark, this is the time to listen to Lois,” Chloe interrupted him. “Not in the sweet part, but in general. “I’m gonna be late. Bye.”

“But…”

She hang up.

She had thought once that if she and Clark had gotten together, they would have been a great couple, but her crush on him had faded pretty quickly and since that time, she had never thought of him as more than just a friend. Then Lois, her cousin, had met him and they had fallen in love. Now they couldn’t be happier together.

Chloe finally opened the door, revealing Lex all suited up and handsome.

Oh no, she just did not think he was handsome!

Then she was assaulted by foggy memories from last night and felt her cheeks burning. She saw what that suit covered and it was a beautiful body. Even if she did not see it all.

“Sorry,” she mumbled. “Clark has a tendency to call in the least expected moments.”

“That’s fine,” Lex answered, stepping aside, so she could leave her apartment and close the door.

On their way to the elevator, he asked, “What did you tell him?”

“Clark? I think the question should be what did you tell him, Lex?” Chloe asked in a sharp voice. “Did you tell him about last night? How could you?!”

“Hey, don’t get so irritated with me so soon,” Lex told her. “I did not tell Clark any details,” he corrected, “I just mentioned I’m taking you to dinner tonight.”

“That’s all?”

“Yes, I wouldn’t tell him that we hooked up last night, Chloe. I know Clark is also your friend and some things you would prefer to stay between us alone.”

They finally walked into the street and Lex opened the door to his limo for her.

“Why did you bother with this car?” Chloe asked, chuckling as she got in.

“A beautiful woman deserves a special treatment,” Lex said, following her and the limo took off.

“A lady, maybe,” Chloe said, suddenly feeling very ashamed of herself. “After last night, I am not a lady.”

“It was a rough time for you,” Lex said, clearly trying to make her feel better and it seemed so out of character that Chloe frowned. Maybe she did not know him as well she had thought she did.

“Why did you do this last night?” she suddenly asked him. She needed to know the answer.

“I couldn’t resist. Even when you’re drunk, you’re irresistible.”

“Even if I’m drunk? Thank you very much!” Chloe huffed.

“What did I say wrong again? You seem to keep yelling at me for no reason.”

Chloe sighed.

“Alright, you are not the reason for my irrigation. I am! Last night should have never happened and I should have never accepted your invitation, happy?”

“Why not?”

“Lex!”

“Tell me. What is so wrong with me that you hate me so much?”

“I don’t hate you.”

“So what is it that you feel toward me?”

“I… I don’t know,” she admitted, biting her lip. “I’m just ashamed of what I let you do to me. I’m not that kind of a girl. And I don’t understand why you want something to do with me after that… easiness.”

“You’re not the only one who feels this way, Chloe,” he suddenly confessed and she looked at him, her interest picked. “Part of me regrets what happened, but there is also the other part, stronger one that wants to see where this would take us. What we did last night, it reminded me of my adolescence and I am not proud of it. I wish we could meet again in different circumstances like a banquet or a party organized by Lois and Clark, but we met last night. I want to get to know you better. I need you. Does this make any sense to you?”

For the very first time, Chloe saw honesty in Lex’s eyes and that surprised her. She remembered the night before and their conversation, but it was all foggy because of the alcohol she had consumed, so she couldn’t be sure if he had looked at her like that then.

“Alright,” she found herself saying. “I will give you a chance. Just don’t blow it.”

“I won’t.” Lex smiled and the car stopped.

Chloe noticed they parked in front of the best restaurant in town.

“How on earth did you get a reservation on such a short notice?” she asked, stunned.

“I’m a Luthor,” the pompous answer came.

So there was still something from the old Lex in there that she remembered.

As they talked during their dinner, Chloe found out that there was a lot of things they could argue about, starting from the fact that he ordered food for her and she snapped at him for it.

“I know what is the best in here,” Lex explained himself.

“So what? I don’t have to say what I want? How can you just order for me like that, Lex?!”

Later on, when their meals were brought, she did not dare to say that she actually found that food beyond delicious. It wasn’t the point. The point was that Lex should at least have the decency to ask her if he could order for her. That would have sounded more polite.

“How is it going at work?” he asked in the middle of their meal. “You’re doing what you always wanted, aren’t you?”

“Yes,” Chloe agreed, but with not enthusiasm.

“Hey, what’s wrong? Does someone in the Planet bother you? Just say a word and I take care of them.”

“It’s no one and I don’t like the sound of what you just said.”

“What? Can’t I exert my power to help someone I care about?”

“No if that will hurt someone else,” Chloe voiced her opinion. “You can’t just keep doing those things, Lex. People might get hurt and you wouldn’t even know it!”

“Then what is it? How can I help?” he prompted.

“You can’t,” Chloe said in an exasperated voice. “You can’t fix everything with your power!”

“Then what’s the problem?”

“Oh, for a god’s sake!” Chloe cursed.

“Well, I least I can say that I like a woman with a temper.”

“I don’t think dining with you will do any good to my nonexistent career!” she finally told him the truth, snapping at him again. Why was he doing it? Did he enjoy provoking her like that?

“Nonexistent career?” he just repeated and made her furious.

“I’m trying. I am trying really fucking hard,” she said sharply, “and nothing! They don’t see me!”

“For a god’s sake!” Lex raised his voice and then he immediately toned it down a bit, because people started to look in their direction and he did not want a scandal. “You are Chloe Sullivan. Since when dating me would stop you from getting a promotion? Besides, I am no longer evil. Chloe, there really is nothing to write about me or the LuthorCorp that would be even remotely interesting. You can get the real scoop. I know you can.”

She hated when he was right, but this seemed like one of those times. She was whining. When had she turned into a whining Chloe? She had always been the combatant Chloe! She had been willing to do anything for a story! Even to put herself in danger!

When the dinner was over, Chloe had confused feelings about Lex, but at least she was glad she did not let him on and did not wind up in his bed.

This time she came back home safely. He did say he wanted to see her again and he did not expect anything more from her, but right now she pushed that into the dark corners of her mind and started thinking about something else.

In some way the meeting with him, the date as Clark had called it, did her a lot of good. She finally felt like herself again. As much as Lex was infuriating, he made her use her sharp, long forgotten tongue, made her believe in herself again, made her defend herself. What was most important, Lex made her want to prove him and to all of her colleagues in the Planet that she was worth the promotion, that she could get the best scoop.

Lex couldn’t be more proud of her.

He put the paper down and smiled.

She had not spoken to him for two weeks, but she had done it! She had landed the first page in the Planet! Money laundering! And it had nothing to do with LuthorCorp!

The only thing that bothered him was that she seemed not to care about him at all. Maybe he had provoked her to go out there and get the story, but in the same time he had given her a reason not to call him. She had been busy.

Only he couldn’t forget her.

It had never happened to him before. There was not a single girl that could occupy his mind like that.

Chloe Sullivan was a challenge. Chloe Sullivan fascinated him.

He wanted her. He needed her. And he couldn’t explain why.

“Screw it,” he murmured under his nose and picked up his phone. He would call her and ask for another dinner to celebrate. He needed to do it now before some moron from work would get interested in her. And then of course that moron would use her. Lex could make sure she was safe.

When he was choosing her number, his buzzer sounded.

He heaved himself from his chair, put the phone down and answered.

“Yes?”

“Mr. Luthor,” said the caretaker from the lobby, “Miss Sullivan is here to see you. Shall I let her in?”

“Yes, thank you,” Lex answered and smiled to himself.

That would be interesting. What could Chloe possibly want from him?

When he finally opened the door for her, he said, “I thought you were never gonna show.”

He could see her staring at him with flames in her eyes.

Oh, he forgot that he had taken off his jacket and undone all the buttons in his shirt. Chloe now had a perfect view on a part of his bare chest.

“I was just about to get a shower,” he explained when she still did not say anything. “I read your article. Congratulations. It was a really good piece.”

“Shut up and kiss me,” she just said to his astonishment, grabbed the lapels of his shirt and brought him closer, crashing her lips against his.

He couldn’t help it. He kissed her back. He was devouring her mouth, using this opportunity and giving her all he got. She moaned in response and pressed her body against his, feeling his growing erection, sliding her hands into his shirt and then stroking his back.

Lex kicked the door shut.

“…Chloe…” He pulled away, breathless. “I was just…”

“We can take a shower later. Together,” she said and kissed him again. “Bedroom?”

He did not try to stop her the second time. There was no alcohol on her breath, so she was sober and she had come to his place out of her own violation. He would be a fool if he did not use that opportunity. He wanted her so much it hurt. He had been waiting for her for two weeks now.

He picked her up and carried to the bedroom, then dropped on the bed and they started getting rid of their clothes. Soon enough, Chloe was lying naked on his bed, looking so delicious, so beautiful. Her blonde curls scattered around her head. She looked like an angel. Like an angel of desire.

And Lex wanted nothing more than to sink into her, become one with her and never let go.

So he did.

“Lex! Oh my GOD! You’re even better in this when you’re sober!” Chloe screamed when he effectively brought her to a climax.

He really wanted to try for two, but he didn’t think he could last that long. What that woman was doing to him was inexplicable.

“I can make you come twice, in the shower. What do you say?” he asked her, still lying on her, still being inside of her, breathless, with no strength to get up.

“It’s on. Let’s see if you can do this when you’re so tired already,” she said, chuckling.

“Little minx,” Lex complained and finally got up, taking her hand and leading her to the bathroom. “The bet is on.”

Quote Originally Posted by kibi8 View Post
    I can't wait to see what will happen when Chloe wakes up from the coma.
    Oh, I did not see that comment, because it was already on the next page.

You will have to wait a bit for that, but it will be worth it
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by trckyrcky View Post
    I like the backstory on how they got together. Can't wait to see what happen when Chloe wakes up.
    For some reason did not see that comment earlier as well.
    I am glad you do!!
    Again, a little bit of waiting for the waking part

NS Senior Member Senior Member HotCrossedBunny's Avatar

Wee hee that was great. Just one thing "to lead someone on" means to act in a sexually procovative manner to someone, "to let someone on" means letting someone get on something else i.e. a mode of transport.

Wee hee that was great. Just one thing "to lead someone on" means to act in a sexually procovative manner to someone, "to let someone on" means letting someone get on something else i.e. a mode of transport.
    Thank you!

You mean this? : taking her hand and leading her to the bathroom
    I don't understand where I made a mistake here.
    Lex is leading her to the bathroom.
    Lex led her to the bathroom
    What si wrong?
    Unless you noticed it in a different place

NS Senior Member Senior Member HotCrossedBunny's Avatar

You're welcome, your English is so much better than any of my other languages. No, not there, that is fine.

Here:

When the dinner was over, Chloe had confused feelings about Lex, but at least she was glad she did not let him on and did not wind up in his bed
    I think that you meant : that she had not 'led him on', it is a tiny confusion, it was still obvious what was happening and probably not something that would generally be noticed (I have errors and typos all of the time), I thought that I would just let you know, just in case.

You're welcome, your English is so much better than any of my other languages. No, not there, that is fine.

Here:

I think that you meant : that she had not 'led him on', it is a tiny confusion, it was still obvious what was happening and probably not something that would generally be noticed (I have errors and typos all of the time), I thought that I would just let you know, just in case.

Oh! Alright, thanks for trying to help, but in fact, I did know that one. I had very little time today and probably did not catch all the typos when I was correcting this chapter.
    But thanks anyway
    Well, I hope my English is much better After all, I've been studying it for... <counting> four years now.
    Recently my nightmare is contrastive grammar, but I finally learnt that! Thank God

And I thought you meant the last sentence, because I pushed CTRL+F and typed "lead" ;p
    Last edited by TrinityR; 23rd February 2014 at 19:32.

NS Full Member

That is a good update. I still do not understands why Clark is so against Chloe and Lex when he is suppose to be both their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by trckyrcky View Post
    That is a good update. I still do not understands why Clark is so against Chloe and Lex when he is suppose to be both their friends.
    Oh, you think he is against them being together?
    Boy, I had no idea I gave that impression!
    Clark just can;t understand how two people that didn't talk to each other could suddenly date and Clark sees that Chloe and Lex have clashing characters, so he is just surprised"D

NS Full Member

great can't wait to see what happens next.i also don't get what clark's problem is.he should be happy that they are geeting along.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information