+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heavenly-Not [completed: 23.12.2013]

NS Full Member

Re: Heavenly-Not [updated: 29.11.2013]

can't wait to see what happens next.loved that chloe scared off amanda. curious to see what happens next.

Thank you, cbrunberg!

Part 3

Lex decided that the best way to handle Chloe situation would be not to handle it at all, therefore he didn’t come home a few days in a row. He started working late and sleeping in his office or in his apartment in Metropolis. He rarely used it because he hated the reporters that kept invading his privacy on his way there.

It ended when he, again, slept in his office and was woken up by a phone call in the middle of the night.

He picked up and mumbled, “Luthor.”

But there was no one on the other side. Just some strange, unidentified noise.

“What the hell?!” Lex got angry and hang up. He had only one explanation for it, but he would not budge.

When the situation repeated he cursed and decided to come home for the weekend.

“Fine! You’ve got what you wanted!” he roared while entering the empty mansion. “I am here! What the hell do you want from me, Chloe?!”

“Took you long enough.” She was sitting on the porch of the stairs and strangely, she wasn’t sliding down. She was a ghost after all, she could sit on air if she liked.

“Chloe, I swear, I don’t know how to help you!”

“Because you’re not even trying! You’re running away! It’s not like you, Lex. Maybe I should have called your father.”

“Don’t you dare!... How did you even manage to call me?”

“I tried for so long that it finally worked, but still… did you hear me yelling at you?”

“No, and something tells me that it was a good thing I didn’t.”

“Argh! You’re infuriating, Lex Luthor! Why out of all the people I have to haunt you?!”

“Vice versa! I don’t know how a man could ever stand you!” Lex answered her back and went to the study to start a fire in his fireplace. It was cold there without any staff to turn on the heating system.

Chloe just rolled her eyes and followed him.

“Maybe I am haunting you because you deserve it!”

“What have I done?”

“Do I really need to enumerate it all?

He just sighed.

“It it was up to me I would’ve stayed out of your hair, but…” Suddenly, she burst into laugh, “Oh, right! Maybe that’s the problem! You don’t have any!”

“Is that supposed to insult me? Go on, mock me all you want, I’ve got immuned to it.”

He started the fire and discovered that Chloe hadn’t spoken anything for a few minutes. He turned around, hoping that she’d disappeared when he saw her sitting on his desk with a really sad face.

“Chloe?” he asked. “What is it this time?”

“I’m sorry, Lex.”

He was completely taken aback.

“Sorry for what?” He started wondering if female ghosts were worse than female on period when she answered.

“I’m sorry for mocking your baldness. I just… I just imagined what you must’ve been through when you were a kid.”

“It made me stronger.” Lex just shrugged.

“No, it hurt you. It left a permanent damage and I am sorry, Lex.”

“So now you’re a shrink?”

“What are you going to do with this predicament?” she asked, getting off his desk and standing right in front of him.

“I don’t know. Are you absolutely sure there’s nothing keeping you here?”

“I don’t know, Lex. I don’t remember.”

He just sighed.

“Can you at least promise that you will stop driving me mad?”

“Can you promise you can keep me company sometimes?”

“Company?” He raised his eyebrows.

“Lex, I am all alone and you’re the only one that can see me. My options are pretty limited here. I’m sure if you were me, you would like to talk to someone too.”

“Alright,” he just said.

“Really?!” She got excited.

“But don’t let it get to your head.”

She rolled her eyes again.

“Maybe we can help each other?” she suggested.

“Oh, god help me,” Lex just sighed.

“How much time a person can spend in a bathroom?” Chloe asked when Lex entered his study the next day.

She was waiting impatiently on his sofa.

“Wait…” Lex stopped abruptly and thought hard on something. “How did you… You were in my bathroom?!”

“What’s your problem? Oh, you’re worried that I’ve taken a peak?” She giggled. “You have nothing to be ashamed of, you know. Besides, you’ve been there for way too long, so I needed to check up if you didn’t slip and kill yourself. Can you imagine two angry ghosts haunting this mansion?”

“CHLOE!” He knew they promised not to snap at each other, but this… this was beyond his comprehension. “If the situation was reversed…”

“You would do exactly the same and what is the fuss all about? You’ve been like with hundreds of women. Being naked in front of someone must be completely normal to you.”

“Let’s get some rules straight first…”
    Last edited by TrinityR; 6th December 2013 at 18:14.

NS Senior Member Senior Member HotCrossedBunny's Avatar

Brilliant and she is quite right, Lex would have looked.

NS Full Member

That is funny, Lex being upset with Chloe for peaking. He would have more than peak if she is the one naked.

Thank you, HotCrossedBunny & trckyrcky!!

Author's Note

Because of the fact I was constantly overworking myself (had a small accident when losing consciousness because I slept in wrong hours and were doing way too many things) I want to tell you that this fic is temporalny on hold.

I am not saying that it's hiatus, because I will come back to it as soon as I finish my Hunger Games story - On Fire.

Once I do that, in a week, maybe two (?), I can't really tell, I will finish Heavenly-Not and then I will write JexPolis. Jex at the end because I'm writing the second part and I'm planning on the thid, so it will be the longest with no way to tell when it will end.

I am sorry for the incovenience, but I can't do so many things during the day anymore, especially when I'm studying too.

*Wiggles finger at you* Naughty TrinityR, sleep comes first, then studying. Don't make me send Martha over there.

Quote Originally Posted by HotCrossedBunny View Post
    *Wiggles finger at you* Naughty TrinityR, sleep comes first, then studying. Don't make me send Martha over there.
    LOL, I think in every person's life comes a point when something happens and it causes them to change
    I will be good from now own and I will take care of myself.
    In the meantime, stay tuned for the next chapter.

(and in my house there is more than one Martha;/ Both my mum and grandma, so you can imagine

Good!

NS Full Member

it is funny that lex was not happy that chloe was peaking he would have peaked.

NS Full Member

Nice idea. I wonder where you are going with this.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information