+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ZOMBIE chlex style NC-17 (completed 27/11/2013)

Re: ZOMBIE chlex style

Part 3

As Tess suspected, the examination was based on looking for any skin marks.

They were allowed to keep their underwear as the doctor had a special x ray machine that allowed him to see the skin beneath the fabric.

“Satisfied now?” Tess asked in angry voice. Chloe could tell she was getting impatient.

“Miss, this matter is very serious,” the doctor said. “Please, stay still. Just few more minutes.”

“We weren’t bitten for a Christ’s sake!” Tess raised her voice. “Do you really think those idiots can think long enough to actually bit me there?! There have no brain!”

That did it. The doctor lost his patience and told them to get dressed.

“Finally!” Tess huffed. “Can we get a room now?”

“Tess, I think you’re just making it worse,” Chloe told her quietly when they got behind the screen to put their clothes back on.

“Oh, really? Excuse me if I’m so anxious to get it over with. Chloe, my brother is out there! He’s the only family I have left! I can’t… I won’t lose him.”

“Hey, hey,” Chloe put her hand on Tess’s arm. “I’m sorry… Tess, whoever can make it out there, it’s Lex. He’s strong. If one good thing came out of Lionel raising him, it’s that. He would never let his son to be weak, so I am sure that Lex will be alright.”

“I hope so.”

“We also have another problem,” Chloe noticed. “Morgan Edge. You have no idea how long I’ve been trying to find some evidence to put him away.”

“And now you can’t even do that,” Tess sighed. “It’s the apocalypse, Chloe. He can get away with absolutely anything. The worst part is that there is no other place to hide for us.”

“We’ll figure something out. First we need to get to know this place.”

“Are you ready, ladies? Then you can go.”

“Who are you exactly?” Tess asked, coming over to the doctor. “Are you working for the LuthorCorp?”

“I was a genetics at Star Labs,” he said. “I had no other choice but to come here. It was the only way to survive.”

“What’s your name?” Chloe asked, seeing that they misjudged him. He wasn’t as bad as the first impression they’d had of him. Maybe it was because they’d been so angry that they’d had to be examined.

“Emil Hamilton,” the answer came.

Finally, Tess and Chloe walked out of the doctor’s office and met with the same guard that had taken them there.

“Are you absolutely sure Lex Luthor isn’t here?” Tess asked again.

“Sorry, m’am, haven’t heard of him. Now… follow me.”

He started to lead them out of there, to the elevators.

“This whole place needs to run somehow and we all settled here in a hurry,” the guard said, “so there are duties everyone have to fulfill if they want to stay.”

“I can imagine what Edge does to those who don’t,” Tess murmured under her nose.

“I have a direct order to assign you, Miss Mercer, to the protection unit. Can you shoot?”

“Of course, you can call me a pro,” she said.

“Good. Then you will be trained as one of the guards. Your gun will be returned to you… You, miss Sullivan, on the other hand, will be assigned to keeping this place… clean,” he finished awkwardly like he didn’t know how to call it or diminish her.

“Excuse me?” Chloe raised her eyebrows.

The elevator went up.

“You have no qualifications useful to us and…”

“Useful?! Qualifications?! I am a Daily Planet journalist! What more do you need?!”

“Do you see an office and a printer in here? We don’t have time to write news. There is no one to receive them anyway. All the people in here already know everything from our leader. You will have to keep this place clean as few other women.”

“Women?! What kind of a…” Chloe started again, but felt Tess’s elbow on her side. She glared at her new red headed friend.

“Leave it,” Tess whispered. “Do you really want to agitate Edge? He knows exactly who you are and he can bring you down with a snap of his fingers. It’s about your life, Chloe. Leave it for now.”

Chloe bit her lip. Tess was right. Edge wanted to send her a message and silence her. If that didn’t work, he would do something more extreme.

The blonde reporter - or should she say ex reporter - just sighed heavily.

“Here you go. Your room.” The guard opened the door for them as they stepped out of the elevator on the fifth floor.

It looked like any other motel room. Squared. Two beds. Two chairs. Surprisingly - a TV - but a small one. And a small bathroom as well.

“Sorry, but…” Chloe started, “I don’t seem to have any warmer clothes… and I’m pretty sure Tess has nothing else than what she’s wearing either…”

“You’ll get some,” the answer came. “Take some rest. There are three meals per day. Breakfast at 6, lunch at 12 and dinner at 6 again. Don’t be late. The canteen is on the ground floor. Tomorrow you will also start your job. Miss Sullivan, you will be expected at the ground floor in room 1.2, and you, Miss Mercer, level minus 1, the armory.”

“Thank you,” was all Tess could say.

As the guard disappeared, Chloe moaned, “Are you fucking kidding me?!”

“Chloe, we need to stay low for a few days and then we’ll figure something out,” Tess tried to make her feel better.

“What’s there to figure out, Tess?! We are stuck here! There’s nothing to go to outside, unless you want to die and become one of those…” Chloe’s voice trailed off and she shivered. “And here?! What will we get here?! Tyranny! It’s Morgan fucking Edge!! He’s worse than Lionel Luthor!”

“Chloe…”

“Don’t Chloe me! I’m right! We’re dead either way! We’re in prison here!” Chloe walked over to the bed, fell on it and started crying.

“Chloe, I’m really sorry,” Tess’s voice softened. “You’re not the only one who lost everything.”

“I have no one, Tess. No one. You, at least, have your brother.”

“I don’t even know if he’s alive…”

“We have to hold on, don’t we?” Chloe asked, facing Tess with her face wet from tears.

“There is no other choice, but to hold on and see what the future brings. This can’t be the only safe haven in the world.”

“Maybe… maybe the epidemic didn’t spread outside America?” Chloe voiced her feeble hope.

“It did,” Tess had an answer. “It did. Few of my father’s patients were from Europe. One from Russia, one from France and one from Germany. And there would’ve been more to come… they even wanted to distribute the cure, but… I don’t know if they actually did,” she sighed, hated not to know, too.

“It sucks,” Chloe said.

“Yes, it does.”

They spent four days there. Four long, tedious days with Chloe playing a house keeper and Tess being trained.

And in the night of the fourth day, a rattle woke them up.

“What the…?” Tess asked, immediately sitting on bed, thinking that zombies breached their security and were inside. Even though it seemed impossible.

Somebody was knocking hard on their door.

“Miss Mercer! Are you there?!”

Tess jumped out of bed and came to the door to open it. She face a guard from the night shift.

“Miss Mercer.”

“Yes?” Tess asked.

Chloe also got out of bed and came closer.

“There is a man by the gate, claiming he’s Lex Luthor.”

“What?!” Disbelief, hope, worry, happiness… all of that was in Tess’s voice now.

“You need to come with me.”

“Of course!... Chloe!” she turned to her new friend. “Lex…”

“I’m so happy for you, Tess!” Chloe squealed and was about to turn around when Tess grabbed her hand.

“Come with me. I can’t do this alone… what if he’s…” She didn’t have to finish. Chloe understood and let her lead her.

They got out of the building quickly and there, on the other side of the gate, was a tall bald headed man.

Chloe recognized his patrician features. It was Lex. No one else.

She couldn’t have forgotten this handsome face, straight nose, pride posture.

She had had a crush on him back when she’d been in high school. It had been silly and stupid, wouldn’t lead to anything, but thanks to her childish obsession she could know for sure now that it was him.

“Lex! You’re ok!” Tess yelled. “Let him in! What are you waiting for?!”

“Miss… he can…”

“LET HIM IN!”

“Quiet!” The guard got angry. “It’s the middle of the night!... He can be bitten!”

“Do you really think I would jeopardize my sister’s safety like that?!” Lex asked angrily. “I am fine! Let me in!”

“The doctor will see you first thing in the morning,” the guard said while gesturing for another to open the gate. “And you,” he turned to Tess, “you need to keep an eye on him. He’s your responsibility now. If he shows any signs… shoot him.”

“Sure,” she answered bitterly.

The gate was opened and Lex got inside. Tess hugged him immediately.

“I was so worried!” she sobbed into his neck. “I’m so glad you’re made it!”

When they parted, Lex’s eyes set on Chloe.

“Chloe Sullivan,” he said, “and we meet again.”

So he did recognize her… She swallowed hard.

Re: ZOMBIE chlex style

Part 4

It was still the middle of the night, so they were forced to come back to their rooms as fast as possible.

Tess knew that asking her brother any questions in the company of the guard, that was again leading them upstairs, would be wrong. She didn’t want anything to leak to Morgan Edge. Being in a company of Lionel’s friend, even when Lionel was Tess and Lex’s father, meant danger.

Chloe could feel Lex’s curious gaze on her back as they were making their way and it unsettled her for some reason. Still, after so much time passing by, that man had a strange impact on her.

As soon as the door closed behind the three of the survivors, Tess asked in concern, “Where the hell have you been?! What happened to you?! Are you ok?!”

“What is she doing sharing a room with you?” Lex asked, either evading his sister’s questions or being more interested in something else.

“Are you serious?! I’ve been worried sick about you and all you can do is ask about Chloe?!” Tess got angry.

“Hey! Hey! I suggest you calm down, Tess,” Chloe said. “If you two keep arguing, I am sure a guard will come right back in and…”

“She’s right,” Lex sighed, looking at Chloe closely, making her feel uneasy again. “Tess, I am fine. It’s been hard to get here, but… I am here, aren’t I?” he sighed, turning back to his sister. “Now, can you please explain…”

“I wanted to get to the Planet and found myself in a trap. I would’ve died if Tess hadn’t saved me. We came here,” Chloe said in calm voice. “Anything else you’d like to know?”

“No, thank you,” Lex looked at her again. “You know, I was following your career before all of this… happened. You had the potential to be a really good reporter.”

“Thank you,” Chloe said, completely taken aback. Had he really?

“Don’t look so surprised, Chloe,” Lex chuckled. “You were a pretty good reporter back in high school. That was why I finally granted you that interview.”

“You’re making fun of me,” she hesitated, trying to decipher the look on his face.

“Not at all. When you kept asking I eventually did some background check on you and found great stories. Great like for a high school student.”

“Well, I feel honored, Mr. Lut…”

“Oh, no, please, call me Lex.”

“Excuse you!” Tess cut in.

“Tess,” Lex sighed. “I just wanted to make sure you’re alright, but I can’t stay here,” he suddenly told her and turned around. “Oh, a bathroom. I could use a shower.” And he disappeared behind that door.

“What?” Tess just stood there, not understanding a thing. “What?! Lex! What are you talking about! Why can’t you stay?! I know it’s Morgan Edge, but…”

Chloe didn’t want to break it to her, but she knew what was going on. She knew it the moment she saw the look in Lex’s eyes when he told Tess that he was going to leave.

And he heart ached strangely.

“LEX!” Tess yelled and unceremoniously opened the bathroom door.

There wasn’t a sound that came out from her mouth now. She just stood there in the door, terrified, looking at something.

“Tess?” Chloe asked, concerned about her friend. “Tess, what is…”

She was afraid Lex might’ve turned. She was afraid Lex wasn’t Lex anymore, so she jumped to Tess, trying to drag her out of the door and close it, but…

She stood still, too.

At first she saw Lex without a shirt. And she had to admit that it was a pleasurable sight. He had a very nice toned chest. And he was handsome, she had to give him that.

Only she soon stop admiring his body as she noticed what Tess had clearly noticed, too. Tess wouldn’t be interested in her brother’s body after all, right?

There it was. Right on his arm. A bite mark.

There was also something wrong about it. It didn’t look like it was fresh. Chloe knew enough by now. If a person was bitten and about to turn, the bite mark did not heal. It was inciting. It always looked like a fresh wound. Until the person would become a zombie.

Tess reacted immediately. She grabbed a gun and aimed.

“WOW! Wow!” Lex raised his hands. “Tess! Don’t shoot!”

“Why shouldn’t I?!” she yelled in despair. “What did you think, Lex?! Did you really think that coming here like that… after… that… that’s gonna help me?! And now what?! Now I have to fucking shoot you! Just like I shot out father!”

“Tess, stop! Let me explain!” Lex begged her.

“Tess…” Chloe spoke. “Tess… just… look at it!”

“What?! I see a bite mark! That’s what it is!”

“Tess,” Lex said, this time in much calmer voice, “please, let me say something. You have me at gunpoint anyway. There’s no way I can hurt anyone.”

“Ok, talk!” she said bitterly, tears swelling up in her eyes.

“One of them bit me exactly four days ago. When I was trying to get here.”

“Four?” Tess raised her eyebrows. “It’s not possible…”

“I’ve already told you I wouldn’t jeopardize your safety. I waited, Tess. As soon as I was bitten I waited. I didn’t have the guts to pull the trigger just yet. I wanted to see you. I thought I could make it here in my second day and then escape, but I overestimated myself. Then… a miracle happened. It was the third day. I was prepared for the fever to come. I was prepared to shoot myself in the head as soon as it would, but… it never did. Tess, I am fine. I was bitten four days ago. The wound is scarred now. And I am fine. I am not a zombie. I am still me.”

“And I’m supposed to believe it?” Tess asked, crying. “Why you out of all people?”

“Because he never gets sick,” Chloe suddenly spoke.

Both Tess and Lex looked at her.

“What did you just say?” Tess asked.

“Just think about it! Lex had asthma when he was a kid! And then there was the meteor shower and right after that…” Chloe’s voice trailed off.

“I never got sick,” Lex finished after her. “I have an unusually high white cells level in my system. Maybe I’m immune.”

“But… wh… eh… are we really going to take that chance?” Tess slowly asked, stammering and she lowered he gun.

“It’s been four days, sis. I am fine and the wound is scarring. What other proof do you need? And besides, did you really think I would come here, turn and then bite everyone? I am not a bad person. The only one I would like to have my revenge on is dead. You killed him, remember?”

“But… what are you going to do? They’re going to examine you in the morning and… they’ll find it, Lex. They’ll kill you. They won’t be asking questions.”

“Then we’ll tell them the truth,” Chloe suggested. “They have to believe us. The wound is scarred. Doctor Hamilton will believe us!”

“He’s not the one in charge, Chloe,” Tess sighed heavily. “Edge is. And if he finds out… Lex is a dead man.”

“But he’s immune!” Chloe persisted.

“In another scenario they take me to the lab, dissect me to see what makes me tick,” Lex said. “It’s lose either way, Chloe. The only way for me to live is to escape from here.”

“But how are you going to? There are guards everywhere!” Tess noticed. “And what kind of life will you have out there?!”

“I can’t be turned,” he said.

“We don’t know if it’ll work the second time, too!”

“We don’t have a choice but to take that chance,” Lex was stubborn. “Face it, Tess. There’s no future for me here. Only death or being cut open in a lab. I need to get out.”

“And you leave me?” she asked.

“What other choice do I have?” He rubbed his forehead. “At least I know you’re safe. And you’re not alone. You have Chloe now.”

“But… fine,” Tess sighed, “then I’m coming with you!”

“You can’t!”

“I won’t stand being here a day longer!” she yelled. “This place is run by Morgan Edge and I feel like a prisoner. How much time am I supposed to spend here? All my life?”

“Then I’m coming, too,” that was Chloe.

“You can’t just…” Lex denied.

“I know a way out,” Chloe added.

“How? Every single way out is guarded! I know, because I’m one of them!” Tess was desperate.

“We can’t use an exit,” Chloe told her. “We won’t get far anyway. The fence is under voltage, remember? And there’s no way we can turn it off without them noticing.”

“So what, then?” Tess asked.

“We can sneak into the garage and take a truck. That’s the only way. We can easily drove it through the gate.”

“Then we’ll damage the gate and all the people inside will be in danger.”

“No, they won’t. There are too many guards to let that happen. They’ll be fine. The gate will be fixed in no time and that will also give us some time to escape. They won’t be chasing us when their safe haven is in danger.”

“That’s a brilliant plan, Chloe. Do you know a way through to the garage?” Lex asked.

“Edge maybe put me to the cleaning unit, but he underestimated me. I’ve been to every single corridor and level of this facility. I can get us out,” she said with pride.

“Fantastic. Tell me the way. I’ll take a shower and be out of here.” Lex smiled.

“Wait a moment… you will?” Tess got angry. “Lex…”

“The discussion is over,” he said firmly and came closer to the door, then took the handle and closed himself inside.

“Over my dead body will he go alone!” Tess clenched her fists.

“Watch your words. We live in dangerous times,” Chloe warned her and walked over to the closer. She took a bag that had been given to them earlier in case of an evacuation and started packing them.

“Chloe, I really think you should stay,” Tess said.

“No way! How long do you think I will stand this? I am not some house keeper! I am a fighter! God damn it, I am a reporter! I will not stay here and die out of boredom!”

“You know you will die out there, do you?”

“Then at least I’ll die doing something important. Tess, you do know we need to take Edge down. I don’t know how, but he can’t be the world’s new leader… Wait here…” Chloe suddenly walked toward the door.

“Where are you going?”

“Shh… we need some clothes for Lex. I’ll go and get them, but you stay put!” And she was just gone.

“Damn it, Chloe!” Tess hissed.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Lex asked sharply when he immerged from the bathroom, clean and handsome. That last one was on Chloe’s mind of course.

“Going with you and like hell try to stop us!” Tess answered him back. “Now, do you want to get out of here or not?”

“Tess…”

“No! You know me! I won’t stay put and listen to Morgan Edge! And you know damn well that Chloe will not, too. You came here and gave us hope, Lex. You are healthy and we’re taking the chance and we’re going with you.”

“It’s either this or you’ll have to face the doctor in the morning,” Chloe reminded him. “I’m not staying here. The only way out is with me.”

“Fuck!” Lex cursed. “Alright! It’s your funeral!... You haven’t lost your sharpness, have you, Chloe?”

“Not in a million years,” she answered with a broad smile. “Let’s get out of here!”

Members

Re: ZOMBIE chlex style NC-17 (updated 27/09/2013

I"m loving this story. Please update soon.

Quote Originally Posted by trinna View Post
    I"m loving this story. Please update soon.
    Thank you very much! Here it is!

Part 5

Chloe took the big bag she packed and pointed the door with her hand.

“Follow me!”

“Give me that,” Lex offered to carry it for her. “That’s all?”

“Yeah. All we need. A change of clothes and some toiletries.”

“Off we go then,” he sighed, still not really happy with the new arrangement. He felt awful that because of him and his carelessness they had to run now. On the other hand, it looked like Tess and Chloe were looking for an excuse to settle somewhere else. He just hoped he wouldn’t have to shoot any one of them. They were all they’d got now.

“Let’s go,” Tess agreed and opened the door. She peeked into the hallway, checking for any guards while holding a gun in her hand, then she gestured for the rest to follow.

They quietly walked out of the room and Chloe took it from there, leading them to the emergency exit.

It was dark and they could only relay on the blonde reporter to get out of there safely, following her into different corridors.

Finally, after ten minutes that for them seemed like forever, they found themselves in the garage.

“My baby,” Tess whispered when she spotted her sport car, a gift from Lex.

“I don’t think she’ll be useful to us now,” Lex chuckled quietly.

“Guys, over here! It’s the three trucks that arrived early in the morning with supplies. Maybe they haven’t unpacked everything yet…”

Chloe was right. One was half empty and the last one was still full of food.

“I feel bad stealing it,” she suddenly voiced her conscience.

“Morgan is fat and he eats most of it anyway,” Tess told her, “you forgot how little food we usually get here?”

“Yeah, you’re right.” Chloe opened the door and…

There was a sheer and high sound. An alarm.

“Shit!” Chloe cursed. “Get in! NOW!”

She didn’t have to tell the Luthors twice.

Lex immediately found himself behind the wheel when Tess jumped to the back seat with the bag. Chloe took a seat next to Lex and he started the engine.

“Where to?” he asked her, confused.

“Ahead. This truck should easily go through the garage door, it’s light.”

She was right.

When Lex started the engine and drove forward, the truck burst through the thin door and then there was a gate ahead.

“Faster!” Chloe encouraged him.

“They are people here!” he yelled back when he saw the gathering guards.

“They’re not suicidal! They’ll jump away!”

Chloe was right again.

Lex speeded up and soon, they hit the gate.

There were sparkles, but they were fine. The voltage didn’t hurt them inside the vehicle.

And they were driving away into the night… leaving the safe haven behind them…

“Are they after us?!” Chloe looked back, but she couldn’t see much.

“No,” Tess notified. “There’s no point in chasing us. It’s too dangerous for them. We’re as good as dead for them now.”

“If only that place was mine!” Lex growled and hit the steering wheel with his fists. “I would’ve…”

“But you weren’t there,” Tess reminded. “I have no rights to LuthorCorp whatsoever as I was still hiding from the world and Edge…”

“He is cunning,” Chloe finished, furrowing her brows. “But Lex, you could’ve taken over.”

“With that bite? No way! Edge would’ve killed me and there would be no one to stop him!”

“Bingo!” Tess suddenly exclaimed. “Guess what I found in the supplies!”

“What?”

“Guns! Lots of guns and bullets! Guys, maybe we’ll survive after all!”

“Yes, maybe, but it’s night and if we run out of gas… guns won’t help us,” Lex sighed. “We need to find a place to stay in for a while. Somewhere high above the ground, so they wouldn’t get us so easily.”

“It’ll be dawn soon and we have enough gas,” Chloe said while looking at the dashboard. “We can look for some place as soon as the sun rises.”

“I’m prepared,” Tess said while loading a gun. “Chloe, have one.”

“I don’t even know how to shoot!” She protested.

“Then it’s high time for you to learn,” Lex said. “You won’t survive otherwise.”

After few hours, dozens of abandoned and devastated streets and killed zombies - mostly by Tess - they finally stopped in front of some old building on the outskirts of Metropolis.

“Voila!” Lex gestured.

“An old pizzeria?” Tess raised her eyebrows.

“That means there can still be a coal furnace as this is one of the old, traditional pizzerias. It is also on the second floor, so we can bolt the door and booby trap it. They won’t get inside,” Lex explained, pretty proud of himself.

“I think is a great idea,” Chloe supported him. “Come on!”

“Shit… Wait!” Tess yelled and shot few zombies that were coming their way. “Do you think they can smell us? What if we wake up and there will be hundreds of them around the building?!”

“Do you have an alternative for a shelter?” Lex asked. “Thought so.”

They jumped out of the car and got to the door.

“It’s locked,” he said, looking closer at it.

“Somebody has a hairpin?” Tess asked, leaning toward the lock and examining it. “What? I can pick it up.”

“We could always go to a supermarket,” Chloe suggested, looking around nervously and clenching her gun.

“For a hairpin?!” Lex asked, taken aback.

That did it. For the first time since the outbreak, Chloe actually laughed. It was a silly and delicious laugh and they all soon followed her.

“No! To hide! We could live in there for some time! Don’t you think it’s a great idea?”

“Actually, it is,” Lex agreed. “But we need some rest and… do I see a garage here?”

“Yes, but first I need to open this,” Tess said angrily, pointing the lock.

Chloe thought hard and then she came back to the track. She was searching through the supplies until she find some small object that before had been keeping the bag closed. “I have something!”

She almost got a heart attack when she heard a shot.

She turned around, feeling like she was moving in a slow motion, that much scared she was.

Lex was standing there with a smoking gun and right before him there was a dead body.

“Oh my god…” Chloe whispered, closing her mouth with her hand.

“You’re welcome. Now… what did I say to always take a gun with you and be careful?”

“I’m sorry… I never…”

“…had a gun before in your life, I know. It’s time to teach you a few tricks, Chloe.” Lex reached his hand to her and helped her get out of the car, then closed it. Chloe still felt a little weird. Add to that Lex’s touch kind of burnt her.

She watched him giving Tess the small clip and she finally picked the lock, letting Lex in first.

“Stop drooling,” Chloe suddenly heard and she shook her head, turning red.

“What?” she asked Tess.

“Even zombie would notice that chemistry. You two kind of match each other and it’s the end of the world, so it’s romantic,” Tess teased.

“LEX?!” Chloe opened her eyes widely. “Are you kidding me? No, he’s too annoying. Believe me, I’ve already spent my quality time with that narcissistic type.”

“That what I just said, chemistry,” Tess shrugged.

“It’s clean,” Lex appeared in the door. “What?” he asked, studying both Tess’s and Chloe’s expressions.

“Nothing!” Chloe denied quickly. “Let’s get out of here!”

“I’ll find the garage door and open it from the inside,” Tess volunteered.

“The owner must’ve have abandoned this place in a hurry,” Lex said when they finally reached the second floor when the pizzeria was.

“Yes, like everyone. I wonder if they made it…” Chloe’s voice trailed off. The reality sank in, but she still was a little shaky. The world as they all knew it, ended. How much time they had? Would they be alive the next day?

“It’ll be ok,” Lex told her on noticing the look on her face. “We’ll survive.”

“How can you be so sure?” Chloe asked, her voice tired. She was tired. Tired of living. Of running. Of trying to find shelter. And it was just the very first day of many to come…

“Because you’re in the company of Luthors. And we always survive.”

“Tell that to your father,” she said sarcastically.

“He had it coming. He did it to himself.”

“I think there are some pizzas in the freezer!” They heard Tess’s enthusiastic voice. “What d’ya say for lunch?”

“As long as it’s fresh!” Chloe warned her.

“It’s frozen! Of course it’ll be fine when we bake it!”

Lex went to help Tess with the furnace, leaving Chloe alone.

She took the gun he’d offered her before and weighted it in her hands. She didn’t want to shoot. Even if that weren’t people anymore. It just wasn’t her…

She wanted to… go home.

But she knew how stupid and immature that plea was. She had to be brave. She had to be that Chloe Sullivan, the fearless reporter. At least she wasn’t alone. At least she didn’t have to live under Morgan Edge’s roof. Who knew what would he do to her eventually?

Suddenly, a can of cola appeared in front of her eyes.

“Thirsty?” she heard Lex’s voice and he sat down right by her side on the old couch.

“Thanks,” she took the drink and smiled to him.

“Tess’s making pizza. I never through I would see my sister cooking, but there’s a first time for everything, isn’t there?” he asked and nudged Chloe. “How are you holding up?”

“Been better,” she answered.

“Listen, it means a lot to me what you’ve done. Leaving that place behind couldn’t have been easy for you.”

“I told you,” she sighed, “it was as much for me as it was for you two.”

“Even when the world’s ending, you still want to take Edge down.”

“Someone has to. If he’s the new leader where the world will stand in a few years?”

“If we survive.”

“Oh, he will, believe me.”

“Do you think…” he started after a moment of silence, but stopped.

“What is it? You can tell me,” Chloe encouraged him.

It was so strange. One moment they fates entwined just like her and Tess’s and they were becoming friends… she and Lex Luthor. In her past life that was before the outbreak she would never believe it was possible. Or maybe she’d only thought she’d known him… Maybe there really was more to Lex Luthor.

“What if my immunity is only temporary? What is the virus will finally turn me? What then? I will kill you all.”

“I don’t think that’s gonna happen,” she said and to her own astonishment, she covered his hand with hers and looked him in the eye. “The wound is scarred. I don’t think you’re in any danger.”

“What if I get bit again, then?”

“Well, you would have to just… try not to.” Suddenly, she wrinkled her forehead like she was thinking over something pretty hard.

“What is it?” he asked, curious.

“I just wonder… if we came across somebody bitten but not dead yet… if we got them your blood… would they not turn?”

“You think my blood could fight that virus?”

“Maybe…”

“I don’t think it would be that easy, Chloe.”

“We could always try someday…”

“We would have to be extremely lucky to catch such a person on time and I’m not risking anyone’s safety here.”

“I understand.”

“Hey, maybe you could stop hitting on each other and help me?” they heard Tess’s voice in the door.

Chloe turned red again, but fortunately Lex did not see it.

“We were just talking, Tess,” he said and stood up, letting Chloe’s hand go.

She felt strangely empty without him by her side and forced herself not to think about him that way. It was the end of the world. It was only natural that her body was reacting to a handsome man. And she might’ve had a crush on him in the past, but she was over it now. It was Lex Luthor. The most infuriating man in the world and even her sharp tongue couldn’t verbally win with him sometimes.

Part 6

They spent the next two days there. They didn’t talk much. Chloe had found papers in the desk, so she mostly wrote something on them. Lex suspected it was their story of survival. He didn’t think it would ever make it to print as he had serious doubts about the humanity’s victory and zombie extinction. But if that kept Chloe busy and more or less happy, he was fine with it. Who knew, maybe someday they would all die. Maybe Chloe’s journal would be lost, but maybe someone else would find it and read it.

When Chloe wasn’t writing or sleeping, Lex and Tess were doing their best to teach her how to shoot. They fortunately had enough bullets for now as there was a whole stock in their truck.

Then the zombie came again, forcing them to leave.

“It’s too dangerous to go to the city now,” Lex said when thinking about Chloe’s previous idea that they should barricade themselves in a supermarket. “Tess? What do you think?”

“We should head to the woods.”

“The woods?!” Chloe raised her voice, startled. “Are you crazy?! We’ll be wide in the open!”

“No, I am not crazy!” Tess hissed in answer. “For your information, they always go after the meat. They smell humans, they go there. There are no humans in the woods! We can spend a few days there. We just need to pick some place by the lake.”

“Fine by me,” Lex said. “And we need to keep guards.”

“Of course.”

So they jumped into the truck and Lex drove them.

Chloe was angry at them, but she decided to stay quiet and instead she just wrote a few juicy sentence about the Luthors in her journal.

She didn’t know that Lex noticed the smirk on her face when she did so and he chuckled.

Chloe hated when somebody other than herself was right.

She hated being wrong. Period. And even more, she hated to admit it.

Because Tess was right. There were safe in the woods. And they suspected they would be able to stay there until their food ran out.

Lex became her only teacher now. He seemed to be very determined to teach her how to shoot properly by the end of the week.

Chloe couldn’t help but actually get to like him very much. He wasn’t like she’d thought he would be. He turned out to be far from narcissistic. On the contrary, he was a decent guy with a difficult past. Once he told her his story. Maybe a bottle of brandy they found in the stack had something to do with it, but nonetheless, Chloe heard about the difficult childhood he’d had. About Lionel Luthor terrorizing Lex’s mother, about Lillian killing Lex’s baby brother, Julian.

Chloe was even surprised that Lex turned out to be such a good guy when coming from such a family.

He was a fighter. Just like she was. And that brought them together now.

Tess didn’t have it easy as well. She’d basically raised herself as being in the system. When she’d grown up, she’d been determined to get a degree in biology.

One day Lex discovered that Chloe chose the exact same time to take a bath in the lake.

She was at the other end of it and didn’t notice him, thank God.

He couldn’t help but peek at her, but all he saw was her naked back as she was half submerged into the water. Then she dove in and he lost the sight of her.

Tess was the one on guard duty then and she just shook her head with a smile. Maybe the adventure they were having would be much more interesting after all.

“We’re running out of food and we need to get some,” Lex said. “It’s been safe here, but we’re not surrounded with fruit trees. We need to eat.”

“Maybe one of us should stay here?” Tess suggested. “Just in case?”

“No, I think we should all go and stick together. If something happens, we’re stronger that way than we are when being alone,” Chloe contradicted. “What if zombie finally sniff that there are humans here?”

“I’m with Chloe on that,” Lex agreed and Tess scowled at him, but after she thought it through, she hated to admit that this time Chloe was actually right.

“Your shooting is almost perfect,” Lex approved of Chloe, “so you get the gun and this time you shoot.”

“I would hate not to when I finally know how.” She winked at him and Tess rolled her eyes.

There was obviously something going on between those two, but no one but her could notice it. Maybe there would come a day when Lex would finally figure out he felt for Chloe.

“Idiots,” Tess murmured under her breath.

It was a disaster.

They came back to the city more or less safe, but all the shops they were passing by were completely rid of any kind of lasting food. The cans, the granola bars, the water… it was all gone. Cleaned by either Morgan Edge’s group or those who managed to stay alive long enough.

“What are we gonna do?” Tess asked, trying not to panic.

“Block of flats?” Lex suggested. “Maybe people who abandoned them left some food?”

“Maybe, but even if we find some now, what will happen later?” Tess asked. “Lex, we can’t just keep looking for food and drive. It’s too dangerous. Even the petrol on the abandoned stations will eventually run out.”

“Have a better idea? I’m listening!”

“We can always come back.”

“They won’t take us in,” Chloe said.

“And they won’t listen to me,” Lex agreed. “They will kill me!”

“The scar should be fine now. They won’t notice...”

“Really? A bite mark and they won’t notice?!” Lex asked, pretty irritated. “If they let me live they will cut me in their lab! I know they have the tools, because my father owned that place!”

“Lex, it’s ok…”

“No, it’s not, Tess! I knew it would happen. I knew it and I told you to stay and let me leave on my own. You can come back. Both of you. I won’t stop you. Hell, I’ll even give you the car!”

“Lex, don’t talk like that! We’ll live. All of us! And no one’s leaving anybody!” Chloe joined into the discussion. “We can drive. America is big enough to find enough food and some other safe haven!”

“If we only knew what’s happening in Europe!” Lex punched the steering wheel.

“I’ve found some!” Tess yelled from the other side of the flat they were in.

It was the tenth floor of a huge building.

“Enough?!” Lex asked, running to her.

“With this and what we’ve found before we can live for a week or so,” she said. “We should take it back to the truck. I think we’re pushing our luck now.”

“I found some candy, too. It won’t go bad any time soon!” Chloe appeared in the kitchen.

“Good. Let’s go,” Lex commanded and they all walked to the door. Lex was first, protecting the rest just in case. Chloe followed him and Tess was behind.

Only when Lex opened the door, he was startled by two dead men on the stair case.

“Fuck!” he cursed and fired. The second one was hit by Chloe. “Nice shot!” Lex voiced his admiration. “Let’s go! Down! As fast as you can!!”

As they ran into the stair case, they noticed that the door to the flat at the end of the corridor was open, showing at least dozen of zombies.

“Fuck! They must’ve found some people there!” Tess yelled. “How they even got here?!”

“Just run!!” Lex roared, took Chloe’s hand because she was right next to him and pulled her downstairs.

As they were running, something grabbed Chloe, but Lex managed to yank her out of that grasp untouched.

They finally reached the ground floor and burst through the door to the street where their truck was waiting.

Lex and Chloe had to fire to another four zombies that suddenly took an interest in the vehicle.

“Inside! NOW!” Lex roared again and then they heard a scream.

It was a piercing, terrifying, full of agony scream. It came from the inside of the building. And it was female.

“NO!” Lex stopped and turned around. “TESS! WHERE ARE YOU?!”

Chloe felt like she was made of stone. She couldn’t move. She could just stand there, right by Lex’s side, still clenching his hand and looking at the stairs inside the building in front of her.

Tess wasn’t there.

Then zombies started walking out of it. No Tess. No red headed woman. Just dead men.

Chloe and Lex still didn’t run. They took their guns and shoot every single one of them. Waiting. Hoping.

Until they saw one walking out. With a hand in his hand.

Chloe covered her mouth, looking at the scene before her, terrified, her eyes widely opened in terror.

“Where’s my sister?! What did you do to her?!” Lex was screaming in desperation.

“Lex…” Chloe finally found her voice and her hand took his again, then squeezed a little. “Lex?”

But her yanked away from her and jumped to the building.

“LEX! NO!” Chloe yelled and killed the zombie that was carrying Tess’s hand. “Lex, she’s dead!” Chloe was crying now, doing her best not to break like Lex did. Tess was gone, but the blonde reporter still had one friend left and she couldn’t let him die, too.

“LEX!” Chloe got to him, grabbed his arm and forced him to turn to look at her.

There was nothing in his eyes. Nothing.

“LEX! I need you!” she tried to get to him. “You can’t leave me alone after I’ve ran away with you! I won’t survive alone! Lex, listen to me!” She grabbed his face in her hands and forced him to look her in the eye. “Come with me. We need to survive. She would want that for you.”

Absentminded, Lex let her pull himself to the truck and sat on the passenger seat.

Chloe started the engine and drove away, crying all the time.

Members

Re: ZOMBIE chlex style NC-17 (updated 05/10/2013

Great update.

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

great but sad please update soon i can't wait for more.

Coming right up!!
    Thanks for the comments!

Part 7

“It’s my fault,” Lex whispered, still in shock.

Chloe took her eyes off the road and looked at him.

“Lex, you’re not to blame here. You didn’t kill her.”

“I might as well just pull the trigger!” he suddenly raised his voice and look at her.

Her heart ached painfully on seeing the pain in his eyes. She could understand him. She really could. He’d just lost the only family he had left. She’d felt the same way when her father had died of heart attack.

“It was an accident,” she told him. Her gaze focused back on the road, but her hand wandered to Lex’s and squeezed it gently.

“If only I made her stay…”

“Tess was a grown up. She knew the danger. She would never stay there and you know that. I wouldn’t either.”

“Chloe, you need to get back. We need to get you back there!”

“What? No!” Chloe looked at him again. “I’m not leaving you like this!”

“Chloe, I can’t let something happen to you, too!” he said urgently, looking so intensely into her eyes that she avoided his piercing pupils by facing the road again.

“I’m not going anywhere,” she said hard. “We’re sticking together. We’re all we’ve got, Lex. We need to take care of each other.”

“What if you die?”

“What if you do?” she answered with a question. “Lex, we can’t speculate. We need to go on. I am so sorry about Tess, but we can’t give up. We need to survive. For her.”

“But…”

“It wasn’t your fault. You know, in the past I would’ve accused you of many murders, but I would never tell you that you killed her because you really didn’t. It was her choice. She wanted to come with us.”

He just nodded and kept holding Chloe’s hand, burning her with his touch.

She really felt too much in his presence. Her body was slowly burning.

It’s just because we’re alone in here… she told herself.

Two days later they were sitting by the Crater Lake in Smallville.

It was Chloe that came up with that idea. They’d already spent some quality time in the forest on the outskirts of Metropolis, so it was high time to check another town. Much smaller one. The town where they’d actually met so many years ago.

There was no one out there. It was completely abandoned what was sad, but also meant that they would be safe for a while.

There was a hot spring next to the lake, so they camped there. Just trying to get through another day. Trying to stay alive.

Lex was suffering inside. He didn’t want to talk about his loss. He didn’t even want to hear about Tess. He wasn’t ready and Chloe could understand that. She could wait.

In the meantime she was doing her best to make him feel better. She tried to talk to him about neutral things, even about the embarrassing time in Smallville she’d spent chasing him. That made him smile, so it was worth it. And Lex had a beautiful smile. He usually looked hard like a ruthless businessman, but Chloe seemed to have the gift to make him show her his true self. The caring one. The gentle. The softness in his eyes when they were wrinkling during his smiles. He was older than her, but eight years were nothing in the twenty first century. It was perfect.

And why she suddenly started thinking about that?!

They were sitting by the fire, just freshly after dinner.

Chloe was looking into the flames now.

She didn’t know how it happened that they suddenly got so close. Maybe they were instinctively looking for a warm body. The fire wasn’t enough.

But as soon as they touch and Lex’s arm was draped around her, the flames engulfed them just like the ones in front of them were engulfing wood.

“Damn, you’re beautiful,” Lex said in hoarse voice as their eyes met from up close.

One minute they were just two distant souls in the cemetery of all humanity.

The next they were kissing.

“I thought this when I saw you back then, in the safe haven,” he said with his lips brushing hers and then kissed her more eagerly. He seemed to devour her, to be everywhere. She didn’t know which part of her body actually didn’t feel him. His lips, his tongue, all hot on and in her mouth. The dance of desire.

Her hands soon wandered up to his bald skull and did what they unconsciously wanted to do all along. They stroked his smooth scalp with pleasure. Lex moaned into her mouth and sucked her tongue in, slid his own along her bottom lip, making her gasp and moan and graze her body against his as fire erupted in her centre.

“Wait… wait…” he stopped kissing her, but he was still close and she could still feel him. His forehead rested against hers and their eyes met again. “Are you… we don’t have any… birth control…” His face winced as he was surely suffering from erection and just now realized they couldn’t get any further.

“I’ve got that covered,” Chloe answered in a wheezing whisper and kissed him again.

She’d got a shot few weeks before when she’d thought she would go on a date and she was always bad at taking pills at the same hour. The date had been a fiasco and good, because now Chloe found something much better.

Maybe it was meant to be.

“Oh, thank God…” Lex groaned so animalistically that she felt even more desire. She was ready to just rip the clothes off of him and take him. Or let him take her. Hard. She didn’t care. She just needed him inside so badly.

Never before had she felt such a fire, such a desire. She’d never wanted anyone so badly that it actually hurt.

She felt Lex’s hot and trembling hands under her blouse, then he stroked her through her bra.

“Oh, Lex, yes…” she moaned into his mouth.

His lips quickly wandered down to her neck, licking and sucking a path down to her breast that soon were exposed to his eyes. He kissed them gently, then closed his mouth around her nipple, licking and sucking it.

Chloe could just surrender, forget about everything. All that mattered was the feeling. The felling of Lex. Everywhere.

His hand were in her pants now, slid inside, stroked her swollen fresh.

“Oh… ah… Lex, I can’t… just… fuck me,” she pleaded, her body sprawled wantonly on the mat on the ground.

She reached up her hands and ripped his shirt off, ravishing in the sight of his perfect chest that she’d caught a glimpse of in the bathroom when they’d been in the safe haven.

She ran her fingers over the bite mark that was completely scarred now.

She wasn’t afraid. She wasn’t afraid of anything while he was with her. She could as well die tomorrow if only she could have that one night with him…

She was fumbling with his fly and soon, his hard and prominent cock was freed. He was big. Even better, she thought as she stroked him.

“Oh, fuck…” Lex groaned, closing his eyes, doing his best not to come right on the spot. “Chloe… stop or I…”

She loved to see him so out of control. And she was the reason for that. But she still wanted to have sex. She was desperate and she wouldn’t wait for him to get hard again, nor she would be satisfied by a cunnilingus in the meantime. It was too late. They were both too far gone.

Then Lex’s mouth covered hers again and she automatically spread her legs, so he could fit between them and she felt his cock on her sensitive flesh.

The moment he slid inside she actually started coming. She couldn’t help it. She wanted him too much.

“Oh, my…” she started, her lips opening widely against his as he was still kissing her. And she was there. Right at the peak.

“Fuck!” Lex cursed again and stilled, managing not to come himself. That would be a fiasco for him. He was Lex Luthor, not some teenager.

“God, I’m sorry,” Chloe breathed heavily. “I didn’t mean to…”

“It’s fine…” he groaned while pushing into her and making her gasp again. “You can come again. Multiply orgasms. I can’t right away… so… it’s fine… God, you feel so good…” he rasped.

“You, too… Lex… oh, fuck… You, TOO!” she screamed, close again.

She’d never before experienced something so powerful. She’d never before come so quickly and now she was about to come again. That had never happened to her before either.

Lex was doing it to her right now. He was making her…

She was there again, completely leveled by the second orgasm that was more powerful than the previous one.

She couldn’t comprehend how such pleasure was even possible.

When her channel contracted around Lex’s cock, he roared, drove into her faster and faster, fucking her mercilessly, but she didn’t mind. She loved it. She wanted more and more.

Then he froze, came hard, spilling his hot seed into her.

They were lying there, on ground, hot even t though the night was pretty cold, motionless. Still joined. Their bodies drained.

“That was… god, that was fucking amazing,” he rasped into her ear, then managed to raised himself a little on his elbows and look into her eyes.

“Yeah, wow…” Chloe agreed.

“Can you believe that was the best sex of my life?” Lex asked her.

“I can, because mine, too. I’ve never come twice before.”

“Oh, really?” he asked, his face looking at her dirtily. “Then I will have to break my record. I will make you come three or four times the next time.”

“The next time?” she raised her eyebrows, laughing. “I will hold you to that, Mr. Luthor.”

He slid out of her and laid right next to her. They were both watching the stars now.

“There are no stars in Metropolis,” she sighed, looking for his hand until she grasped it, their fingers entwined. “Unless you count the choppers and planes.”

“Yeah, I loved living here in Smallville. It was peaceful… but I had to move on. LuthorCorp…” Lex’s voice trailed off as the painful memories came back to him. “And now it’s all for nothing. It was just a waste of my time. It wasn’t even important. People are.”

“Yes,” she said.

After a while she raised herself up.

“Where are you going?” Lex asked, unhappy that he lost the contact with her body.

“To the spring,” the answer came. “I feel all sticky and I need a shower.”

Lex laughed, didn’t really want to get up just yet.

“I’ll join you soon and maybe I’ll keep my promise with four!”

“I thought you meant three.”

“No, four! Coming right away!”

She was gone about two minutes when Lex heard her scream.

He jumped to his feet, naked grabbed the gun and ran to the spring.

Chloe was there, her front turned to him and behind her… a dead man. It just bit her.

“NO!” Lex roared and aimed. The zombie dropped to the ground. Lifeless.

Chloe just stood there, shaking. The blood was flowing from the wound on her neck, being splashed by the water from the stream. The water that now was red.

Lex froze. His gun still in his hands. Smoking.

He was watching Chloe’s eyes with his own wide open.

“Why haven’t you shot me yet?” she finally asked, her voice terrified, hurt. In agony.

AN Wow! It’s been such a hectic week for me! I’m sorry for updating so late, but unfortunately, you will have to get used to mostly one, sometimes two updates per week, or maybe less. I’m doing my best as always, but there’s only so many hours in a day!!
    I have to finally start writing the sequel to JeXVille, so it will be posted soon and it will be called JeXPolis. I know, I know, another responsibility, but if I don’t start it I’m gonna explode!

Part 8

“Why haven’t you shot me yet?”

It was the perfect question.

Chloe had just been beaten by a zombie. There was no coming back from that stage. She would turn in exactly three days and there was nothing Lex could do about it.

Only he couldn’t do it. He couldn’t just point and shoot. Not at her.

He had already lost his sister. He couldn’t lose Chloe Sullivan, too. They’d just shared something. What had happened between them was so unexpected and wonderful. He couldn’t just…

“Why won’t you shoot?!” Chloe cried out. “Lex! Just shoot me!”

“I can’t!!!” he roared, squeezing his eyes shut and dropping the gun. “I can’t do it, Chloe!” he said again and their eyes met.

He closed the distance between them and took her into his arms, his face buried in her blonde hair. He could smell the wonderful scent of her skin. He could feel her naked chest against his as she was breathing so fast. He could have sworn he heard her accelerated heartbeat, too.

How many times her heart would beat before it would stop? How many minutes would he be able to cradle her in his arms?

He wanted to protect her from everything, to keep her safe, even for the cost of his own life, but he couldn’t. He failed her. Just like he had failed Tess.

Half an hour later they were both lying neat the fire. They put their clothes on and now Lex was spooning Chloe, listening to her breathing next to him.

There was nothing to say. They were both exhausted and knew there was no turning back.

Chloe snuggled into Lex, enjoying his body while she could. She rid of any shame or awkwardness. She needed him and she would not hide it now. No when she would be dead soon.

She also knew she would have to kill herself at the end of the second day, because Lex wouldn’t. Lex would want her to bite him, so he could go with her. The chances were slim that he would turn. But he would let her attack him anyway.

“We have to do something,” Lex finally voiced his thoughts some time later. The more time Chloe spent in his arms, the more he wanted to keep her by his side. Forever.

“Lex, there’s no way. I wasn’t caught in a meteor shower and even if… there would be no chance I would have the same ability. I am not immune. I’m just a plain human, just Chloe.”

“You are not just Chloe. You’re one of the strongest women I know.”

“Strength has nothing to do with this.” She sighed heavily.

“Tomorrow I’m going back to the city,” Lex decided.

“What? Why?” Chloe asked. “It’s too dangerous!”

“I’m doing it for you,” he told her. “The food may be gone, but people usually don’t need needles unless they’re drug addicts.”

“Needles?” Chloe frowned and turned to look into his face. “Lex, what are you… oh, no! I won’t let you!”

“What if it actually works?” he asked, urgency and hope in his expression. “Chloe, maybe we could…”

“And what if it doesn’t?! I’d still be dead and you’d be weak! Too weak to protect yourself!”

“I’ll be fine. Accelerated white cells grow.”

“Lex!”

“I won’t let you die, do you understand?!” he raised his voice and looked at her with such an intensive gaze that her lips parted in surprise. Was it possible that he cared that much about her? “And I’m not asking, I’m telling you! Tomorrow I will go to a pharmacy and I will bring a needle and an IV. I will give you my blood.”

“But…”

“This discussion is over.”

She was mad at him at that moment but also touched by the care he was giving her. On the other hand, she would do the same for him. They only had each other. Lex’s motivation might not even be feelings he could or could not have for her. It might just be the fear of loneliness.

She cried a little in his arms and the next thing she remembered was Lex waking her up in the morning. Her head was pounding what terrified her as she wasn’t sure if the reason was the crying or the change she would undergo very soon.

When she washed her face in the stream, her gaze focused on the guns that were in the truck.

“Don’t even think about it,” Lex warned her. “You need to promise me you won’t do anything stupid until we test your theory.”

“Oh, so it’s mine theory?” She raised her eyebrows.

“Well, you came up with it, didn’t you?”

“I wish I didn’t.”

“Don’t worry, I would’ve eventually figured it all out by myself… hungry?”

She shook her head.

“When I think of food I have nausea. But I wouldn’t mind some water. I’m so thirsty!”

Lex eyed her warningly, but he didn’t say anything. He just gave her what she wanted.

“Anything?!” Chloe called to Lex.

He went into the store room in the supermarket they’d walked into.

They hadn’t found what they were looking for yet, but Lex figured maybe he could find some food.

“Son of a…” Chloe heard followed by a gun shot.

“Are you ok?!” She ran to the door and wanted to peek inside, but Lex appeared in the same time, closing the door behind him fast.

“Zombies,” he just said. One of his hand were holding the other.

“Are you got…?” Chloe’s voice trailed off. “Lex!”

“It’s alright. It won’t do anything to me,” he said to her.

“You don’t know that!”

“Chloe, I’m fine! Let’s go! We don’t have much time left!”

“There’s a shopping centre out there!” Chloe pointed something in the distance. “There’s no other place we can look!”

“Good. We’re going there,” Lex said in a determined voice.

“We’ll be out of gas soon,” she noticed.

“I’ve got it covered. There’s a station neat that centre.”

“Why are you so sure of yourself?” she hissed. “You should’ve just left me and tried to survive when you still have a chance!”

“I think we had that discussion already. I. Am. Not. Leaving. You,” he said. It sounded like separate sentences when he emphasized it so strongly.

“Why?”

She didn’t receive any answer.

“It’s locked,” Chloe said when she tried to open the door to the shopping centre. “That’s weird… Why… wait…”

“There are people hiding inside,” Lex finished her sentence and pointed his gun at the lock.

“Don’t!” she warned him. “You’ll make a free passage for zombies! If there are really people in here, we can’t endanger them!”

“I’d listen to her if I were you.” They suddenly heard a voice.

Chloe and Lex looked up. There was a man in the window at the first floor. What more, he had a gun aimed at them.

“Get out before I’ll shoot you!” the man shouted.

“We don’t want to cause any trouble!” Lex spoke, lowering his own gun. “We just need help!”

“Help is exactly what we can’t give ya! You think I can’t see the marks on the both of you? Hell! I should’ve shot you both right here on the spot instead of talking to you! You’re already dead!”

“Please, don’t!” Lex put his gun away and raised his hands in surrender. “I promise you, we won’t even try to get inside! There’s only one thing we need. Please, can you help us?”

“What is it?” the man asked suspiciously. “What can you possibly want now?”

“Listen, I don’t expect you’d believe me, but I am immune. This is my second bite and the first didn’t turn me. It healed!” Lex rolled his sleeve to show the scar. “I’m not asking for letting me inside, I just want something from the pharmacy. There has to be one in this centre.”

“What?”

“IV and maybe few needles… or anything that would be useful in transfusing blood.”

“You want to give your girlfriend your blood to save her?” The man raised his eyebrows. “Man! That’s a long shot!”

“But it’s the only one I have. Please, I am begging you. It won’t cost you anything. Just help us and get us what we need,” Lex pleaded.

The man laughed. It wasn’t pleasant. It was a crazy laugh. Chloe wondered how long he’d been inside and if he had any company with him.

“’be right back!” And he just disappeared.

Lex and Chloe waited in silence for nearly twenty minutes. They did not feel like speaking to each other. There was nothing to say anyway. They were both exhausted and desperate, hanging to the very last feeble hope there could be. Even Chloe wanted to survive now. The longer Lex was fighting for her, the more she really wanted to live. There was also the other case, but she was afraid to ask. Did Lex feel something toward her? Or was he doing it just because he didn’t want to be alone? She was opting for the second one. He must have been selfish as a Luthor, mustn’t he? Or maybe he just wanted her by his side as he had never had enough friends or people that would truly care about him. That was variable as she knew that many people had liked Lex in the past only for his money.

“Here you go, birdies!” The man appeared in the window again and threw them stuff that were necessary for what they were about to do. He even got them a disinfectant.

“Thank you very much!” Lex expressed his gratitude. “If we still live in a few days we’ll come back.”

“Then maybe I even consider letting you in!” the man laughed.

“Are you here alone?” Chloe wanted to know.

“No. My father is still here. I lost my girlfriend, but I managed to barricade myself here. My father owns a shop in this centre.”

“I’m sorry for your lost,” Chloe said honestly.

“Thank you. I wish you the best no matter how crazy you are now! Buddy, you must really love this one,” the man said to Lex. “And I can understand you. I really can. I loved my girl, too, and if there’d been a slight chance she might’ve survived I wouldn’t of hesitated.”

Lex didn’t say anything. He didn’t deny the stranger’s words, but what would be the point anyway? If the man was helpful, better not to dissuade him from it, Chloe thought.

“Here you have some food!” He lowered a basket to them on the line. “I hope we’ll see each other again.”

“Thank you! We’re really grateful!” Chloe told him. “What’s your name?”

“Victor.”

“It was nice to meet you, Victor! I’m Chloe and this is Lex.”

“Wait… I knew you looked familiar! You’re Luthor!”

“Yes, but I’m not my father, so you don’t need to be afraid of anything,” Lex quickly added.

“Sure you’re not. I can’t imagine the Luthor senior saving a young lady like that. He’d be looking out for his own ass!”

“Something like that,” Lex confirmed. “We need to go. Time is precious now.”

“Sure! I hope I’ll see you two again!”

“You should… when I’m gone… I want you to join Victor,” Chloe said, back in the truck. “He looked like a nice man.”

“Chloe, I won’t let you turn, I promise!” Lex said, angry with her.

“I’m just thinking realistically here.” She shrugged and massaged her temples.

“What’s wrong?” Lex immediately got concerned.

“It’s just… my head is pounding even more now and I feel so hot…”

Before she could protest, he put his hand to her forehead and felt it up.

“You have a fever. Fuck! We need to go faster!”

“Lex, just…”

“Chloe, shut up and let me take care of you, ok?!” he snapped at her and she went quiet. She didn’t want to make him any more angry with her. She wasn’t mad at him. She understood he was just afraid for her life.

They soon stopped in Smallville on the very same spot by the Crater Lake.

Lex jumped out of the car, leaving his gun behind.

“Lex!” Chloe protested, following him on her feeble legs to give him the gun. “You still need to be careful.”

“Chloe!” He caught her before she fell to the ground, then he raised her up, taking her into his arms and carrying to their previous place.

When she was lying down on the covers, he was doing his best to prepare himself and her to the transfusion fast.

“Just… let me go…” Chloe said so quietly she could as well whispered it.

“Never!” she heard in answer. “The trip to Metropolis must’ve weaken you! Is it the end of the second day already? How much time do we have?”

“We don’t,” she said, understanding him all wrong in the fever.

She felt a prick in her arm as Lex tried to find a vein and when he finally did, it hurt.

“Sorry. Never done that before,” he apologized when she hissed.

“Come on, Chloe, it has to work! I just has to!” Lex was murmuring under his breath as the blood was flowing from him to her.

He was afraid they were too late. He was afraid that at this stage the blood wouldn’t help. Maybe he should’ve given it to her right away, but how? There was no other option!

“Lex?” Chloe suddenly spoke, but still in that weak voice.

“How are you?”

“Lex…” She turned her head and caught a glimpse of him.

He was weak, barely holding on straight, dark circles formed under his eyes.

“Lex!” she yelled at him. “Stop! I’ve had enough! Your blood needs to heal you first!”

He still wouldn’t relent.

“LEX!” Chloe jerked the needle out of her arm.

“Chloe, what are…”

“I’ve had enough!” she said sharply what weaken her more.

He must have known her well enough to realize she wouldn’t let him put that into her arm again.

“Fine!” he hissed and dropped right by her to the ground. He was so weak.

There was chocolate in the basket Victor had given them. The stranger had thought of everything. That was exactly what Lex needed after giving away so much of his blood.

“It would be ironic…” Chloe started, “if I died from anaphylactic shock, wouldn’t it?”

“You mean if our blood types can’t be mixed? Don’t worry, I’m a universal donor. I thought of everything.”

“So I see…”

Few minutes later Lex heaved himself up to get to the stream. He needed to clean up a bit.

When he came back Chloe was unconscious.

“Chloe?” he asked. “Chloe?”

She didn’t respond.

“CHLOE!” he roared and dropped to his knees right by her side. “Chloe, talk to me!”

She was gone.

“Chloe, no…” he suddenly cried. “Chloe, you need to leave!!” He took her face in his hands. “Chloe?”

She still wasn’t waking up.

Lex put his finger to her neck, checking the pulse. It was so weak she could as well had none.

“NO!!!” Lex roared. “I’ve given you the blood! You need to live!! Come on! Fight, Chloe!! Be strong for me!”

He couldn’t watch her die. He couldn’t be there to see her taking her last breath. It couldn’t end that way! It just couldn’t! Not again!

He raised himself up and got to his truck like he was in a trance.

He needed to find some outlet for all the feelings inside.

He got to the car, deciding to find some zombies and shoot them.

He couldn’t think now of what he would find when he would come back.

AN Wow! It’s been such a hectic week for me! I’m sorry for updating so late, but unfortunately, you will have to get used to mostly one, sometimes two updates per week, or maybe less. I’m doing my best as always, but there’s only so many hours in a day!!
    I have to finally start writing the sequel to JeXVille, so it will be posted soon and it will be called JeXPolis. I know, I know, another responsibility, but if I don’t start it I’m gonna explode!

Part 8

“Why haven’t you shot me yet?”

It was the perfect question.

Chloe had just been beaten by a zombie. There was no coming back from that stage. She would turn in exactly three days and there was nothing Lex could do about it.

Only he couldn’t do it. He couldn’t just point and shoot. Not at her.

He had already lost his sister. He couldn’t lose Chloe Sullivan, too. They’d just shared something. What had happened between them was so unexpected and wonderful. He couldn’t just…

“Why won’t you shoot?!” Chloe cried out. “Lex! Just shoot me!”

“I can’t!!!” he roared, squeezing his eyes shut and dropping the gun. “I can’t do it, Chloe!” he said again and their eyes met.

He closed the distance between them and took her into his arms, his face buried in her blonde hair. He could smell the wonderful scent of her skin. He could feel her naked chest against his as she was breathing so fast. He could have sworn he heard her accelerated heartbeat, too.

How many times her heart would beat before it would stop? How many minutes would he be able to cradle her in his arms?

He wanted to protect her from everything, to keep her safe, even for the cost of his own life, but he couldn’t. He failed her. Just like he had failed Tess.

Half an hour later they were both lying neat the fire. They put their clothes on and now Lex was spooning Chloe, listening to her breathing next to him.

There was nothing to say. They were both exhausted and knew there was no turning back.

Chloe snuggled into Lex, enjoying his body while she could. She rid of any shame or awkwardness. She needed him and she would not hide it now. No when she would be dead soon.

She also knew she would have to kill herself at the end of the second day, because Lex wouldn’t. Lex would want her to bite him, so he could go with her. The chances were slim that he would turn. But he would let her attack him anyway.

“We have to do something,” Lex finally voiced his thoughts some time later. The more time Chloe spent in his arms, the more he wanted to keep her by his side. Forever.

“Lex, there’s no way. I wasn’t caught in a meteor shower and even if… there would be no chance I would have the same ability. I am not immune. I’m just a plain human, just Chloe.”

“You are not just Chloe. You’re one of the strongest women I know.”

“Strength has nothing to do with this.” She sighed heavily.

“Tomorrow I’m going back to the city,” Lex decided.

“What? Why?” Chloe asked. “It’s too dangerous!”

“I’m doing it for you,” he told her. “The food may be gone, but people usually don’t need needles unless they’re drug addicts.”

“Needles?” Chloe frowned and turned to look into his face. “Lex, what are you… oh, no! I won’t let you!”

“What if it actually works?” he asked, urgency and hope in his expression. “Chloe, maybe we could…”

“And what if it doesn’t?! I’d still be dead and you’d be weak! Too weak to protect yourself!”

“I’ll be fine. Accelerated white cells grow.”

“Lex!”

“I won’t let you die, do you understand?!” he raised his voice and looked at her with such an intensive gaze that her lips parted in surprise. Was it possible that he cared that much about her? “And I’m not asking, I’m telling you! Tomorrow I will go to a pharmacy and I will bring a needle and an IV. I will give you my blood.”

“But…”

“This discussion is over.”

She was mad at him at that moment but also touched by the care he was giving her. On the other hand, she would do the same for him. They only had each other. Lex’s motivation might not even be feelings he could or could not have for her. It might just be the fear of loneliness.

She cried a little in his arms and the next thing she remembered was Lex waking her up in the morning. Her head was pounding what terrified her as she wasn’t sure if the reason was the crying or the change she would undergo very soon.

When she washed her face in the stream, her gaze focused on the guns that were in the truck.

“Don’t even think about it,” Lex warned her. “You need to promise me you won’t do anything stupid until we test your theory.”

“Oh, so it’s mine theory?” She raised her eyebrows.

“Well, you came up with it, didn’t you?”

“I wish I didn’t.”

“Don’t worry, I would’ve eventually figured it all out by myself… hungry?”

She shook her head.

“When I think of food I have nausea. But I wouldn’t mind some water. I’m so thirsty!”

Lex eyed her warningly, but he didn’t say anything. He just gave her what she wanted.

“Anything?!” Chloe called to Lex.

He went into the store room in the supermarket they’d walked into.

They hadn’t found what they were looking for yet, but Lex figured maybe he could find some food.

“Son of a…” Chloe heard followed by a gun shot.

“Are you ok?!” She ran to the door and wanted to peek inside, but Lex appeared in the same time, closing the door behind him fast.

“Zombies,” he just said. One of his hand were holding the other.

“Are you got…?” Chloe’s voice trailed off. “Lex!”

“It’s alright. It won’t do anything to me,” he said to her.

“You don’t know that!”

“Chloe, I’m fine! Let’s go! We don’t have much time left!”

“There’s a shopping centre out there!” Chloe pointed something in the distance. “There’s no other place we can look!”

“Good. We’re going there,” Lex said in a determined voice.

“We’ll be out of gas soon,” she noticed.

“I’ve got it covered. There’s a station neat that centre.”

“Why are you so sure of yourself?” she hissed. “You should’ve just left me and tried to survive when you still have a chance!”

“I think we had that discussion already. I. Am. Not. Leaving. You,” he said. It sounded like separate sentences when he emphasized it so strongly.

“Why?”

She didn’t receive any answer.

“It’s locked,” Chloe said when she tried to open the door to the shopping centre. “That’s weird… Why… wait…”

“There are people hiding inside,” Lex finished her sentence and pointed his gun at the lock.

“Don’t!” she warned him. “You’ll make a free passage for zombies! If there are really people in here, we can’t endanger them!”

“I’d listen to her if I were you.” They suddenly heard a voice.

Chloe and Lex looked up. There was a man in the window at the first floor. What more, he had a gun aimed at them.

“Get out before I’ll shoot you!” the man shouted.

“We don’t want to cause any trouble!” Lex spoke, lowering his own gun. “We just need help!”

“Help is exactly what we can’t give ya! You think I can’t see the marks on the both of you? Hell! I should’ve shot you both right here on the spot instead of talking to you! You’re already dead!”

“Please, don’t!” Lex put his gun away and raised his hands in surrender. “I promise you, we won’t even try to get inside! There’s only one thing we need. Please, can you help us?”

“What is it?” the man asked suspiciously. “What can you possibly want now?”

“Listen, I don’t expect you’d believe me, but I am immune. This is my second bite and the first didn’t turn me. It healed!” Lex rolled his sleeve to show the scar. “I’m not asking for letting me inside, I just want something from the pharmacy. There has to be one in this centre.”

“What?”

“IV and maybe few needles… or anything that would be useful in transfusing blood.”

“You want to give your girlfriend your blood to save her?” The man raised his eyebrows. “Man! That’s a long shot!”

“But it’s the only one I have. Please, I am begging you. It won’t cost you anything. Just help us and get us what we need,” Lex pleaded.

The man laughed. It wasn’t pleasant. It was a crazy laugh. Chloe wondered how long he’d been inside and if he had any company with him.

“’be right back!” And he just disappeared.

Lex and Chloe waited in silence for nearly twenty minutes. They did not feel like speaking to each other. There was nothing to say anyway. They were both exhausted and desperate, hanging to the very last feeble hope there could be. Even Chloe wanted to survive now. The longer Lex was fighting for her, the more she really wanted to live. There was also the other case, but she was afraid to ask. Did Lex feel something toward her? Or was he doing it just because he didn’t want to be alone? She was opting for the second one. He must have been selfish as a Luthor, mustn’t he? Or maybe he just wanted her by his side as he had never had enough friends or people that would truly care about him. That was variable as she knew that many people had liked Lex in the past only for his money.

“Here you go, birdies!” The man appeared in the window again and threw them stuff that were necessary for what they were about to do. He even got them a disinfectant.

“Thank you very much!” Lex expressed his gratitude. “If we still live in a few days we’ll come back.”

“Then maybe I even consider letting you in!” the man laughed.

“Are you here alone?” Chloe wanted to know.

“No. My father is still here. I lost my girlfriend, but I managed to barricade myself here. My father owns a shop in this centre.”

“I’m sorry for your lost,” Chloe said honestly.

“Thank you. I wish you the best no matter how crazy you are now! Buddy, you must really love this one,” the man said to Lex. “And I can understand you. I really can. I loved my girl, too, and if there’d been a slight chance she might’ve survived I wouldn’t of hesitated.”

Lex didn’t say anything. He didn’t deny the stranger’s words, but what would be the point anyway? If the man was helpful, better not to dissuade him from it, Chloe thought.

“Here you have some food!” He lowered a basket to them on the line. “I hope we’ll see each other again.”

“Thank you! We’re really grateful!” Chloe told him. “What’s your name?”

“Victor.”

“It was nice to meet you, Victor! I’m Chloe and this is Lex.”

“Wait… I knew you looked familiar! You’re Luthor!”

“Yes, but I’m not my father, so you don’t need to be afraid of anything,” Lex quickly added.

“Sure you’re not. I can’t imagine the Luthor senior saving a young lady like that. He’d be looking out for his own ass!”

“Something like that,” Lex confirmed. “We need to go. Time is precious now.”

“Sure! I hope I’ll see you two again!”

“You should… when I’m gone… I want you to join Victor,” Chloe said, back in the truck. “He looked like a nice man.”

“Chloe, I won’t let you turn, I promise!” Lex said, angry with her.

“I’m just thinking realistically here.” She shrugged and massaged her temples.

“What’s wrong?” Lex immediately got concerned.

“It’s just… my head is pounding even more now and I feel so hot…”

Before she could protest, he put his hand to her forehead and felt it up.

“You have a fever. Fuck! We need to go faster!”

“Lex, just…”

“Chloe, shut up and let me take care of you, ok?!” he snapped at her and she went quiet. She didn’t want to make him any more angry with her. She wasn’t mad at him. She understood he was just afraid for her life.

They soon stopped in Smallville on the very same spot by the Crater Lake.

Lex jumped out of the car, leaving his gun behind.

“Lex!” Chloe protested, following him on her feeble legs to give him the gun. “You still need to be careful.”

“Chloe!” He caught her before she fell to the ground, then he raised her up, taking her into his arms and carrying to their previous place.

When she was lying down on the covers, he was doing his best to prepare himself and her to the transfusion fast.

“Just… let me go…” Chloe said so quietly she could as well whispered it.

“Never!” she heard in answer. “The trip to Metropolis must’ve weaken you! Is it the end of the second day already? How much time do we have?”

“We don’t,” she said, understanding him all wrong in the fever.

She felt a prick in her arm as Lex tried to find a vein and when he finally did, it hurt.

“Sorry. Never done that before,” he apologized when she hissed.

“Come on, Chloe, it has to work! I just has to!” Lex was murmuring under his breath as the blood was flowing from him to her.

He was afraid they were too late. He was afraid that at this stage the blood wouldn’t help. Maybe he should’ve given it to her right away, but how? There was no other option!

“Lex?” Chloe suddenly spoke, but still in that weak voice.

“How are you?”

“Lex…” She turned her head and caught a glimpse of him.

He was weak, barely holding on straight, dark circles formed under his eyes.

“Lex!” she yelled at him. “Stop! I’ve had enough! Your blood needs to heal you first!”

He still wouldn’t relent.

“LEX!” Chloe jerked the needle out of her arm.

“Chloe, what are…”

“I’ve had enough!” she said sharply what weaken her more.

He must have known her well enough to realize she wouldn’t let him put that into her arm again.

“Fine!” he hissed and dropped right by her to the ground. He was so weak.

There was chocolate in the basket Victor had given them. The stranger had thought of everything. That was exactly what Lex needed after giving away so much of his blood.

“It would be ironic…” Chloe started, “if I died from anaphylactic shock, wouldn’t it?”

“You mean if our blood types can’t be mixed? Don’t worry, I’m a universal donor. I thought of everything.”

“So I see…”

Few minutes later Lex heaved himself up to get to the stream. He needed to clean up a bit.

When he came back Chloe was unconscious.

“Chloe?” he asked. “Chloe?”

She didn’t respond.

“CHLOE!” he roared and dropped to his knees right by her side. “Chloe, talk to me!”

She was gone.

“Chloe, no…” he suddenly cried. “Chloe, you need to leave!!” He took her face in his hands. “Chloe?”

She still wasn’t waking up.

Lex put his finger to her neck, checking the pulse. It was so weak she could as well had none.

“NO!!!” Lex roared. “I’ve given you the blood! You need to live!! Come on! Fight, Chloe!! Be strong for me!”

He couldn’t watch her die. He couldn’t be there to see her taking her last breath. It couldn’t end that way! It just couldn’t! Not again!

He raised himself up and got to his truck like he was in a trance.

He needed to find some outlet for all the feelings inside.

He got to the car, deciding to find some zombies and shoot them.

He couldn’t think now of what he would find when he would come back.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information