+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: General Suggestions

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

General Suggestions

If you have any suggestions for the main site or the forums, or whatnot, be sure to post them here and I'll consider them and see if I can't find a way to make it happen
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Demented Detective Senior Member newbatgirl's Avatar

Re: General Suggestions

Some versions of message board software allow for a spell checker, either built in or external. Is that possible with the one used here? It's pretty helpful for those of us who can't type to save their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by newbatgirl
    Some versions of message board software allow for a spell checker, either built in or external. Is that possible with the one used here? It's pretty helpful for those of us who can't type to save their lives.
    I believe I have seen a spell checker feature somewhere, I'll go look for it and take a closer look

Edit: There's a new version of vBulletin coming out soon, so I'll wait until I've done the upgrading before I add a spell checker. There's one out now, but that's for this version, and not the upcoming 3.6!
    Last edited by Julie; 19th July 2006 at 01:09.
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

I didn't know where else to put this message, but I've been to a dinner party this evening and I have returned to my computer a few champagnes into the wind and can't be bothered to find the exact thread that's probably more appropriate. So general suggestions it is...

Why has my post count gone down from the hundreds (ok, so maybe only like 110) down to 70? Did I do something wrong? Or is it a technical glitch I should ignore and live with? I know that I'm not the best poster in the world, but I've only been aware of this site a year and am trying to do better....

Dunno...

Quote Originally Posted by SianUrsula View Post
    I didn't know where else to put this message, but I've been to a dinner party this evening and I have returned to my computer a few champagnes into the wind and can't be bothered to find the exact thread that's probably more appropriate. So general suggestions it is...

Why has my post count gone down from the hundreds (ok, so maybe only like 110) down to 70? Did I do something wrong? Or is it a technical glitch I should ignore and live with? I know that I'm not the best poster in the world, but I've only been aware of this site a year and am trying to do better....

Dunno...

Hi!

You most likely dropped in postcount because Zannie requested to have some of her fanfictions deleted (because she is using them for novels).

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    You most likely dropped in postcount because Zannie requested to have some of her fanfictions deleted (because she is using them for novels).
    Sorry, SianUrsula. I wish removing the stories hadn't affected so many people's post counts so much.

This site is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but I would like a skin in which Chloe and Lex actually make physical contact with one another. LOL!

Um... any talented people with passionate manipulations of the two?

I'm completely devoid of talent in this area so...

Humble request.

Any chance for a Quote Wall? It could have a few sections, like favorite quotes from fanfiction, one for Smallville quotes (with proper credits, of course), things like that. Or does something like that already exist, and I've just been gone so long I don't realize it?

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Julie, I remember before one of the board changes there was an arrow you could click for each thread and it would take you to the last post you made on the thread. It was very helpful if you were in the middle of reading posts and didn't want to chance missing one but also didn't want to have to go through the whole section to find the last place you stopped. Did that make any sense? And if so, is there any way to get the option back?

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post
    Julie, I remember before one of the board changes there was an arrow you could click for each thread and it would take you to the last post you made on the thread. It was very helpful if you were in the middle of reading posts and didn't want to chance missing one but also didn't want to have to go through the whole section to find the last place you stopped. Did that make any sense? And if so, is there any way to get the option back?
    It makes very much sense I remember that one well too, but I haven't found a plugin for this version of the board that does the same :/ I'm on the lookout everyday though!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information