+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Much Ado About Smallville (NC-17) Completed 3rd August 2013

Re: Much Ado About Smallville (NC-17) Posted 2nd May 2013

Oh Gosh, I'm totally flooding you with comments now, but I forgot to pinpoint that I googled the man from the robin hood series you like I know you said sth about it once and recognized it from the chapter He is hot

NS Full Member

Ok, enough of foreplay, it's time to get into some Chlex action. Chloe needs to know that the only person she wants to go on a date with is Lex and Lex just need to grab her and go.

I love their witty banter! Those two are in serious denial about their feelings for one another. Can’t wait to see what the situation/event will be to finally make them realize they like each other.

NS Senior Member Senior Member HotCrossedBunny's Avatar

TrinityR: Yes, I think that he can always score - even with a butterfly on his face. Ah, I didn't know that. What does the fact that my clothes or at least my shoes always being missing in nightmares mean? I have thought about that fic, I even tried to plan it out but I got lost in the series and how to make it work as a whole. I think that I need to go back to the drawing board with that one and possibly do it without too much reference to the series because I really want it to work. Yep, Richard Armitage is yummy with a capital yum!

Trckyrcky: I agree 100%. I don't know what is taking them so long.

Bluemarvel: Glad that you liked it and thank-you for reviewing. Me too, I want to know ... wait, I'm writing this aren't I? D'oh!

Re: Much Ado About Smallville (NC-17) Updated 7th May 2013

*Chapter Eleven*

Lex Luthor stood there in grey slacks, bare chested and with a face covered in paint.

“She told them to use extra pink this year, I see”, he chuckled to herself as he examined the artist’s handiwork. He had to admit that she was good, she was wasted on face painting. He wondered if she was a real painter as well. The body which covered his nose was detailed but stylised but beautiful and the wings were an array of colours, splattered with copious amount of pink.

He smiled to himself, he had to admit that when Chloe decided that she was going to decorate someone she really went all out. It made him slightly worried for this year’s Christmas tree though, she already smothered the poor thing with tinsel, he would hate to think what she would do if she upped her game this dramatically.

“Well sorry Chloe, I can’t keep this on all day, not even to please you”, he said as he turned the water on to fill the basin. It was a lie, he could absolutely keep this muck on his face all day if it made her happy, hell, even if it just kept her content.

“Stop being such a pussy”, he told himself, “You’re a Luthor for Pete’s sake, you can’t get this sappy all over some girl”.

Grabbing the soap he got to work on his face, scrubbing it clean. It took quite some time. Every time he thought that he had got the last of it off, he found a little more. He didn’t know how women could possibly stand this goop on their faces. He didn’t think that Chloe wore any, that was good.

As he finally got himself clean he grinned at his reflection, he thought that it was about time that he went to find little Miss Sullivan, it was time for round two.

Just as he was thinking this he heard a noise coming from outside. It was a fine day and he had left all of the windows and the door to his room and onto the balcony open. He couldn’t see anything out of the ordinary from the window so wrapping the towel around his neck he sauntered into his bedroom and out onto the balcony.

He surveyed the area, he knew exactly what he was looking for. The servants wouldn’t be out at the back of the house by the pool and Gabe and Clark weren’t back which left only one noise maker. His eyes travelled across the manicured lawns to the pool which was now surrounded by potted shrubs – evidently it wasn’t only the kitchen where Chloe had been busy. He liked it. Flowers. More bushes. A couple of umbrellas and then bingo. A blonde head.

Chloe was lying back on a sun lounger under a large multi-coloured umbrella. She appeared to be extremely relaxed, reclining as she was in a red bikini her lovely legs on display to him. He licked his lips. He tried to see what she had chosen to do with her tattoo or at least the top of her bikini – assuming that she was wearing one, damn that global warming again – but he could make out the title of her book and the picture of Fabio on the front cover. He examined her face, even from a distance he could tell that she was enthralled and was biting her lower lip. Lex smirked.

Lex thought that he could use some time by the pool. Stopping only just long enough to throw on a pair of swimming trunks, flip flops and a towel, he made his way out to the pool wondering how he would begin his torture of Chloe this time round.

Chloe enjoying the sun, not to mention her extremely steamy book.

“Oh”, Chloe gasped as she read the last line of the paragraph where they protagonists’ heated gazes met. “That is um … wow”.

“Interesting title”, an all too familiar voice announced.

“Lex”, Chloe groaned, closing her book and rested it in her lap, covering it with her hand although there was really little point now. He had already seen it and she had no doubt that she was going to be mercilessly teased about it for the rest of her life.

“Chloe”, he returned, grinning. He took her in from her legs – which he had already examined from the baloncy and had decided shouldn’t be on show to anyone else – to her perfectly flat stomach and cute tummy button, her breasts which were braely covered by her red bikini top with a publge neckline. Her tattoo was very clearly still on display.

He smirks.

“What can I say, good literature is hard to find”, she said in an almost husky tone.

He tried to read her expression but found it impossible as her sun glasses hide her eyes. Her wonderful, green, expressive eyes.

Well, that would make things more interesting. At first he wasn’t sure whether she had not realised what function her glasses were performing but as she opened her book once more and brought it up to her face – covering her expression and effectively dismissing him – he put that idea to rest. She knew exactly what she was doing.

Lex moved around her like a lion circling its prey. His eyes trained upon her to catch every slight movement, the slight tension in her shoulders told him that he was having an effect on her, whatever she wanted him to believe.

He wanted to pounce on her but he took his time knowing that every second he forced himself to wait would feel ten times that long to Chloe, anticipation of anything always heightened ones emotions. He allowed her to hear his foot falls as he slowly turned to stand right behind her.

She looked straight ahead at her book but was unable to focus on the words, she was too wrapped up in thinking about Lex and wondering what he was doing.

Chloe tensed up as she felt his warm hands on her shoulders, before he bent down so that his lips were right next to her ear. She realised that he must be looking at her book and made to close it but found her movements stayed as his hands travelled down her shoulders, over her arms to her wrists and kept the book open. She could not help but be impressed with the size of him.

However difficult Chloe was finding it to concentrate on her book, Lex was clearly having no such difficulties as he read in a low seductive voice.

The princess’s ravenous gaze was fixed upon her knight as he emerged from the lake, dripping wet. His clean white linen shirt clung to his muscular physic and the princess gasped as she beheld him. She had seen men before, the knights often trained without the shirts but none of them had ever affected her like this. He was tall, lean, and beautiful beyond words. The princess felt her heart quicken and a heat she had never before felt spreading across her body.

“Very edifying I’m sure”, he said in his normal voice was he ran his hands back up her arms to her shoulders and straightened before moving off to her side.

“Stress relief”, Chloe mumbled by way of explanation.

“What have you got to be stressed about?” He asked as he seated himself on the lounger next to him, only half joking. As far as he knew she had finished her first year of University with top marks, she had got all of the courses which she had wanted for the second year, money wasn’t an issue and she had a splendid career in front of her. He knew of no reason why she should be stressed so if something was upsetting her then he needed to know. It made things so much more difficult when he had to go around demanding of everyone she came into contact with if they had hurt her.

She looked at him over the top of her glasses, pointedly.

He chuckled with disbelief, “Am I supposed to take that cryptic action to imply that I am so stressful that I made you turn to the arms of a book?”

“You are rather a pain”, Chloe stated simply, returning her gaze to her book.

“Yes you have stated as much before”, Lex seemed supremely unconcerned by her opinion of him, “I just didn’t realise that I got you worked up … in that way”. The look he gave her made it abundantly clear just exactly what ‘that way’ meant.

“What? You didn’t. I …”, she realised that he was just teasing her. She huffed, “Do you mind? I am getting to a rather good bit”.

“No not at all, carry on reading. I like stories”, he settled down, crossed his hands in his lap and turned his head to her as if ready to be read to.

She gave him a withering look.

“Oh, you aren’t going to read it to me?” He pretended to be surprised.

“No”, she said simply, not even bothering to turn her head to look at him this time – although she did still glance out of the corner of her eye, happy in the knowledge that Lex couldn’t tell as much through her glasses.

Lex shrugged as he considered his next move, he should probably sit there silently. That would bug her. He noticed a slight stiffness in his shoulder at this moment but he ignored it. He couldn’t worry about little things like muscle spasms when there was a Chloe to wind up.

He lay back on his own lounger and examined the view. He couldn’t fathom why he had never used the outside pool much before, it really was very nice. He turned his neck to look at Chloe and see if she liked the pool or was still pretending to be engrossed in her book when he winced – and not just because he couldn’t believe that she was reading / pretending to read that stuff in front of him. Hell he found it hard to believe that Chloe knew that such stuff existed let alone read it.

Although she had never ostensibly taken her eyes off her book, Chloe complained, “Do you have to keep moaning like that? Sir Reginald is trying to do his best to fuck the young maiden senseless and you are disrupting us, I mean him”.

“I’m not moaning”, Lex protested, a little hurt that she thought that he was playing for attention and that she didn’t seem to care about his hurt shoulder now that she had noticed it. He had noticed her sore bottom, admittedly he had been the one who had pinched her but still …

“Yes you are. Did you hurt your shoulder being silly earlier?” She demanded.

He didn’t answer.

“Well, did you?” She repeated her question, turning her head to face him.

“No, it is just a little stiff all of a sudden”, Lex tried to brush it off.

Chloe closed her book with a sigh. “I told you not to muck around with my bag and start hauling me around, didn’t I? Come on”, she stood up and motioned for him to scooch forwards.

“What are you?” he asked, doing as she indicated.

“What does it look like I’m doing, I’m fixing your shoulder”, Chloe said reaching passed him for her after sun cream.

“You don’t have to”, he told her. He really hadn’t meant to draw attention to the problem in the hopes of getting something out of her. Although it was nice to see that she still cared, well not cared but wanted her verbal punching bag to be in good condition for the next round.

“I am responsible for looking after you until Dad gets home”, Chloe informed him, placing a hand on his shoulder to keep him in place. He was not getting up until he had been fixed, it was a good job that she had noticed that he was moaning about his shoulder. The silly bugger should have told her to start with that he was hurt. How was she supposed to fix him if she didn’t know what was wrong?

“I see, just your responsibility hmm?” He tried to tease.

“Yup”, she began to rub his shoulders, ignoring the feeling soft his skin under her fingers. He moaned.

“Too hard?” Chloe asked nervously, she had been trying to start out reasonably gently. Had he really hurt his shoulder that much? Did he need to go to hospital?

“No, not at all”, he assured her and then registering the note of concern in her voice added, “Really good”.

Chloe smiled with relief and continued to warm his shoulders with her hands and trying to assess just where the problem was.

Lex’s eyes drifted closed and he wracked his brains for something to talk about which would keep him from turning into a puddle of drool. “So what is your book about?” He wondered.

“What do you care?” Chloe asked as she located the source of his pain at the bottom of his shoulder but decided that the best way of getting to it was to start with his scalp and to work down, just to make sure that she got every single bit. She was in charge of taking care of Lex until her father got back after all, she had to do a thorough job of it.

“You always used to tell me about everything you read and sometimes read to me”, Lex pointed out, his eyes closing with a slight groan and Chloe started to massage his head. It was amazing. Especially because normally he couldn’t stand having his head touched by anyone.

“Yes, well those were fairy tales”, Chloe blushed.

“And that isn’t”, he tried to keep his voice even as he thought of what that book was about, it wasn’t the content that affected him so much as the thought of Chloe reading it; the thought of her having thoughts like that.

“Well there is a princess and a knight”, Chloe tried to make it seem as innocent as possible as her fingers finally moved down to his neck.

“I had gathered that much from the title”, he smirked, but faltered as her fingers found the base of his skull. “Is she a nice princess?”

“Lovely, just a little misunderstood”, Chloe informed him without thinking as she was concentrating on the tendons in his neck which were apparently made out of iron.

“Sounds like someone I know”, he mused.

“I will take that as a compliment. She is a fantastic girl and a really great character. She is the daughter of the most powerful King in all of the seven kingdoms who has been striving to keep peace between all of the different families for years. He brings his daughter up with a very strong sense of right and wrong and luckily she is extremely intelligent because she is going to take over from him one day and rule everything”, Chloe started her explanation of the story.

“I do like a girl on top”, Lex commented.

“Anyway”, she ignored him, “when she is around twenty-one her father announces that he is leaving her in charge for one full month because he has to go and make a very important state visit to another King outside the seven kingdoms. It should be a lovely story without any drama with her running everything nice and smoothly”.

“There is a fly in the ointment?” Lex surmised, thinking that the princess in question sounded rather nice. But then again he had a soft spot for overly bossy, intelligent princesses.

“Yes, there is and his name is nasty knight. Well actually is it is Sir Reginald – and he is really the younger son of one of the other kingdoms in disguise – I just call him nasty knight because he is so well nasty. He is the head of the army and all of the security arrangements and was instructed by her father to protect her with his life, and he thinks that that gives him the right to keep getting in her way and trying to tell her what to do. The cheek!”

“But he is doing all of those things because he wants to protect her, right?” Lex guessed, he didn’t bother to add that the prince was probably secretly in love with the princess.

“That’s what he says”, her eyes narrowed.

“You think that there is something suspicious in it?” Lex asked, trying to keep his mind on their conversation as her got back down to his shoulders.

“Absolutely”, Chloe nodded.

“It looks rather well worn”, he gestured to her copy of the book, “so I take it that you know how it all ends”. He wondered how many years Chloe must have had that book for it to look like that. He gulped, the idea of Chloe sitting reading things like that , global warming flared up again.

“I do”, she agreed.

“And …”

“They get together, peace reigns supreme and they both have multiple orgasms”, she summed up the work.

“So they fall in love”, Lex said simply.

“Yep”.

“What part of the book are you at?” He asked.

“They are on an excursion. There were some refugees coming into the kingdom and the princess wanted to hear their story personally and so rode out to meet them. On their way back they have to cross over a bridge but just as they reach it a storm starts to flare up. The princess orders them to go over the bridge immediately and quickly so that they can get back to the castle safely but the knight disagrees. The princess gives the order anyway and he … he countermands her. And the military officers listen to him! The princess states, nobly, that she will not be dictated to by her own people and that she will walk across the bridge and home storm or no storm – the storm is well underway by now, if they had gone when she had said then they would have been at home and safe at that point. But nasty knight gets in the way, he uses the n word”, her eyes flashed with anger.

“No”, Lex said it in full.

“That’s right. Anyway, the princess orders him to move aside but he won’t do it. So she tries to get around him but he throws her over his shoulder and carries her back to his horse where he holds her against him as they ride a little way back down the road and spend the night in the hunting lodge – a collection of very elaborate tents, owned by the crown – and cross the bridge in the morning”, she huffed.

“That sounds like a sensible plan to me”, Lex decided.

“But she’s the princess”, Chloe expostulated.

Lex smiled, the one in the book wasn’t the only princess he knew. “Alright yes, she is the princess but he is the head of the army. If he knew more about the terrain and it really was unsafe, his job it to look after her and protect her even if she doesn’t like it”.

“You don’t know that he knows about the terrain, you are just assuming”, Chloe said, refusing to acknowledge that there might be some truth to his statement.

“Did I assume right?” Lex asked. From Chloe’s tone, and the fact that a general would have to have been out on manoeuvres he guessed that he was.

“Well yes, she had a lot to do in her palace, she didn’t have time to play around outside with boys”, Chloe defended the princess.

“So one might have thought that she would listen to his advice when he told her that the storm would make the bridge unsafe and that he wasn’t going to risk her life by letting her go over it. Was her decision influenced at all by her dislike of him? Or by the fact that he didn’t immediately jump to do her bidding?” He wondered, already knowing the answer.

“Maybe a little”, Chloe sniffed as she continued to knead his sore shoulder muscles.

“So really, he made the right decision”, Lex said, hoping that she wouldn’t hurt his poor shoulders too much once she heard that.

“It wasn’t his decision to make”, Chloe protested, not making any move to hurt him.

“He should have just let her get swept off the bridge and die?” Lex pushed.

“It wasn’t his decision”, Chloe argued.

Lex smirked. “So, does he apologise?”

“No, she is in her tent naturally taking some alone time to calm down after the day’s events …”

“Naturally”, as much as Lex was enjoying his massage he wished that he could see her face.

“A maid comes – the lodge has maids – and asks if she would like something to eat but the princess sends her away. The knight who has no business even being near the royal tent to start with …”

“I assume that he was guarding it”, Lex put in.

“Who is telling this story?” Chloe demanded.

“You are, please do continue besmirching the knight’s reputation”, Lex said.

“The knight, who has no business even being near the royal tent to start with, takes it upon himself to take the tray off the maid and to slip it around the tent flap anyway. Naturally the princess screamed, she was startled by the tent flap suddenly moving and he used that as an excuse to barge in on her. She was in the middle of her nightly bath”, Chloe moved both of her hands to one shoulder – his relatively well one – to deal with the tapestry of knots there.

“Cleanliness is next to godliness, Lex got out one of his mother’s favourite maxims as he head fell forwards as Chloe worked on him.

“Well, naturally one would assume that he would just turn around and leave then with profuse apologises but instead he just stands there with his mouth open. The princess is naturally very shocked and embarrassed by the whole situation and reminds him of his place to which he replies that his place is by her side. He walks over to her and kneels next to the tug saying that he is contrite and ready to serve her as the most humble of servants, if that is what she wants. She tells him to prove it and he offers to wash her back. She allows it and he starts to touch her and …” Chloe’s voice became a little breathless as she remembered that particular scene.

“Am I to take it that his abilities in this particular part of the book are enough to make us forget about the rest of his defaults?” Lex inquired, rather affected by her voice.

“The princess forgets about them for a while but I do not”, Chloe clarifies.

“No, of course not. No one can hold a grudge like you can Chloe”, Lex smiled as memories of grumpy vengeful Chloe filled his mind.

“I just have a good memory and put things together. Other people forget too much”, she defended herself.

“I know they do”, he assured her. “Then what happens”.

“Oh, she gets out the bath and he wraps a towel around her. He then picks her up and carries her over to the bear skin rug – which every good tent just happens to have – and lies her down on it. He kisses her and feels electricity coursing through her body and thinks that she sees fireworks”, Chloe recounted.

“Must be a good kisser”, Lex mused, damn why had he had to go and think of kissing when Chloe was doing this to him.

“It is a book Lex”, she rolled her eyes.

That was interesting. “You don’t think that firework inducing kisses really exist?”

“No, of course not. I have had my fair share of kisses”, his back was towards her so she couldn’t see him raise an eyebrow at that comment. “And most of them have been quite nice, but the idea that you can see fireworks or feel anything more than a slight tingle in the mouth area … I don’t believe it. Especially not as it is her first time kissing, she would naturally be rubbish at it. There is no escaping that fact”.

Lex smirked. “If he loves her he would still think that she was fantastic”.

“Hmmm … I’m not sure that he does love her. If he loved her then he would let her have her own way more often”, Chloe decided.

“Strange definition of love you have their darling”, Lex didn’t realise that he had let the darling slip in.

“I have been led to believe by greetings cards that it is an accurate one”, Chloe said finally finishing with one shoulder and moving over to the other one.

“I wouldn’t always trust greetings cards”, Lex said, finding it hard to believe that Chloe was really that much of a cynic. “So, they have sex”.

“Yep, lots and lots of it”, Chloe agreed with furrowed eyebrows.

“It will probably do wonders for their complexion”, Lex said, trying to distract himself from Chloe’s hands which were apparently very annoyed with his knots.

Chloe giggled. “You’re silly which is odd for someone who is so tense. Do you just sit at your desk all day hunched over a laptop without adequate back support and a screen that is too low?”

“Pretty much for the last two weeks”, he admitted.

“Business worries?” Her voice changed.

“No”, damn, the note of concern in her tone couldn’t affect him that much. “Just getting everything out of the way so that I could be here this summer”.

“Ah”, Chloe said knowledgably. “You know, you don’t have to feel like you are being forced to stay”.

“I know”, he said stiffly.

“You don’t have to feel it, but don’t try and leave”, she moved her hands lower down his back checking for any other problems, satisfied that she had healed his other shoulder.

Lex smiled. “I would never dream of it”.

“Good, because you wouldn’t get far”, she warned him, wrapping her arms around his neck, stopping herself just before she kissed his ear.

“Not even as far as the pool?” Lex asked as he lopped his hands under her legs and lifted her up, piggy back style.

“Lex, what are doing?” Chloe gasped.

He laughed.

“You wouldn’t”, she could see where he was going with this now.

“Oh, I think that we both know that I would”, he chuckled as he jumped into the water with Chloe still on his back.

He released her once they were underwater and turned around to look at her. She looked funny underwater. She looked like an angel with her hair flowing above her and a huge grin on her face completely unconcerned by the fact that she was only covered by two small, red strips of material.

Chloe pushed up off the bottom of the pool, breaking the surface of the water with a splash. Lex followed suit. He watched her pull her soaked hair away from her face and wipe the excess water from her eyes and face. “You got my hair wet”, she complained, but she was still grinning. She loved being in the water.

“So?” Lex didn’t see the problem. She looked good wet.

“Date”, she reminded him.

“Oh yeah, I forget that. You still going?” He asked, a little confused. They were having a nice time together, a little bit of literature, some smut, some arguing, and now some swimming. Why was she thinking about her date?

“Yes, why wouldn’t I?” Chloe wondered.

Lex racked his brains for a suitable answer, other than because she should be staying there with him. “Because you only just met him. Because you don’t know anything about him”. Yes, those were reasonable reasons for his objecting to her going on dates and could be adapted to any man she met, ever.

Chloe smiled at him indulgently. “I know that he went to my school, and that is why you go out on dates. To get to know people. Besides, he has already met you so I think that we can be fairly certain that he isn’t going to try anything and I am a good judge of character”.

Lex snorted.

Chloe stopped smiling.

“I just don’t see why you have to go out with him”, he muttered.

“No, of course you don’t. You don’t see why I should go out with anyone. Why anyone should be attracted to me. You are just like everyone else or poor Chloe, she’s so plain, she a brain, she doesn’t need love or a boyfriend which is good because she is never going to get one”, she said a little too loudly, genuinely hurt that Lex had been so mean to her.

Lex looked appalled at her outburst, wondering how on earth she had come to that conclusion and unable to think of how to respond to that other than by asking what the snicker doodle she thought that she was blathering on about. Although he wasn’t sure that he was going to say snicker doodle.

Clearly Chloe misread his expression as she huffed. “Tell you what Lex. I will live my life and date whoever the hell I want, you do your thing”.

She was out of the pool before he could tell her that he hadn’t meant what she had thought that he had meant. He was about to go after her and explain when he stopped himself. Why the hell should he explain himself? He hadn’t done anything wrong. He had always been there and looked after her, she should know that there was no way that he could ever think something like that about her.

He was angry. If she wanted to think that and go around dating random guys then that was just fine, he could do that too. With girls of course.

Lex got out of the pool and went to get changed. He would go out in a few hours, swing by that coffee shop that Lana worked at and pick out a coffee and a date although he would of course make sure that he re-met Chloe’s date first.

A/N: Just when you thought that they were getting closer they go and throw a spanner in the works *waggles finger at Chloe, then runs away to hide from Lex. He doesn't like people waggling fingers at Chloe*

Want more.
    And want it hot.

NS Full Member

Just when you think they are going to do it in the pool then Chloe open her mouth and remind Lex she have a date and Lex open his mouth and remind Chloe she should not be going out on dates. I think both of them need to be lock in a room with no phone and nobody else to distract them so they can finally get down to it.

*Chapter Twelve*

Gabe was sitting in the kitchen pondering life, the universe and everything to do with cake batter – a very good cook book if he did say so himself -, thinking that he should make something special for Chloe and Lex for the following day to get them talking again. He had returned from work just in time to meet Chloe as she was trying to leave the house with a date which he had not known that she had. Luckily Lex had already been on the case and was giving the boy a hard time, Gabe meant getting to know the young fellow.

Chloe had looked like she was about ready to explode.

~*~

Gabe pulled up outside his daughter’s recently acquired mansion and saw the front door was open and he could make out the back of someone he didn’t recognise, someone male. He scowled. Ever since Chloe had been born he had naturally mistrusted all males of even vaguely around her age, except Lex.

He got out of his car but had not taken as much as one step before he realised that Lex was already on it.

“Lex, for fuck’s sake, just get out of the way so that we can get going already!” Chloe’s voice could be heard quite clearly from within the house.

“Don’t you mean for snicker doodle’s sake?” Came Lex’s reply as he smirked down at her.

“No, I mean for fuck’s sake now move”, Chloe folded her arms and glared at him.

“I didn’t hear a please”, he crossed his arms and glared right back.

“Because I didn’t say please. I don’t say please to people who are being complete and utter asses in my house!” Chloe would not be intimidated by those green eyes which looked almost blue at that moment, as they crackled with anger.

Lex raised an eyebrow at that. “You really want to go down that road?”

“Sure, why not?” She fixed him with a look that stated quite clearly that she was willing to go toe to toe with him on whatever subject he chose. “You make this big deal about handing it over to my father, then when he refuses to me, saying that it is ours now but you don’t really believe that do you? You want us to live in your house”.

“Why the hell are you talking about?” He stared at her as if she had lost her senses, yet again.

“You think that you can always boss me around and talk down to me …” Chloe transferred her hands to her hips.

“I have never spoken down to you”, he argued.

“You are doing it right now”, she expostulated.

“I’m not talking down to you, I’m trying, emphasis on the word trying, to keep this discussion civilized and not to actually shout at you. I can’t help being taller than you. Come here”, he said putting his hands on her hips and moving to sit down on the settee in the hallway and pulling her into his lap. “There you are. We are exactly at eye level. No talking down”.

Chloe giggled and then was furious with herself for it, and more to the point she knew that Lex had seen it.

“That is not the point, height has nothing to do with it”, she huffed at him, although she had to admit that she did like being on the same eye line as him.

“Well it must have something to do with it”, he held her on his knee.

“No, it has to do with your attitude, you are making light of this”, Chloe complained.

“Well it is rather difficult to take it seriously”, he admitted.

“And your response to that is to pull me into your lap, just need to prove how strong and manly you are?” She said, trying not to pay attention to just how strong and manly he was.

“I didn’t know that you had noticed”, he smirked.

“You bastard”, she put her hands against his chest and pushed hard, in an attempt to get up.

“That’s not going to work baby”, he told her as he pulled her hard against his chest. Damn, he really was strong and very warm. Arrogant bastard. She pushed back against him again only to find herself even more tightly held against him. “So why don’t you just settle down and tell me what is wrong and why you keep having the weirdest mood swings today before I lose my patience and do what I have been threatening to do to you for years”.

“You are full of hot air, just like always Luthor. You don’t have the balls”, she enunciated each word, her lips almost grazing his.

“Oh, you want to see if I have the balls?” He asked, his hands trailing down to her bottom and giving her a squeeze, “Darling, either stop being a brat and tell me what is going on or I swear that I’ll …”

“I won’t let you lay a hand on her”, Chloe’s date jumped in.

They both looked over at him, having apparently forgotten that he was standing there.

“It appears that I already have more than one hand on her”, Lex have her another squeeze to emphasise his point.

“Lex”, Chloe protested although her voice sounded close to breaking. Her hands were now on his shoulders, she tried to get up but her legs didn’t seem to be working all that well.

Lex was grinning. “And I really don’t think that you want to draw attention to yourself”.

“Oh, and why is that?” The blonde youth tried to seem sure of himself but Chloe was almost sure that she could see his knees knocking, finally her own legs worked enough and she got out of Lex’s grasp - using his momentary distraction to her advantage - and stood up.

“Because”, Lex said standing up, letting Chloe go reluctantly. “I don’t think that you really want Chloe seeing you next to a fully grown man, it might make her change her mind about dating you. Second of all, we still haven’t talked about the attitude I expect from you on this date”.

“Lex”, Chloe objected, trying to get in between them.

“Chloe”, Lex said apparently calmly but with a certain flicker in his eyes as he looked her up and down. “I don’t think that you want to draw any attention to yourself either”. She was absolutely delicious.

Chloe had clearly spent quite a bit of time redoing her hair after their little swim, it was tied back loosely in a bun with soft curls escaping it and framing her exquisite face. He didn’t know what she had done to her face exactly, she was more made up than usual; still elegant but far too sexy. Her eyes were sultry and seemed to beg him to take her to bed right then and there and her lips, fuck, they conjured images of her which he had no right to have.

Her earlobes and throat were adored with the emerald jewellery that he had brought her several years ago and which matched the silk dress which was wrapped tightly around her luscious figure. Lex Luthor – connoisseur of beautiful women, bedder of models –‘s mouth went dry as he got a good look at little Chloe Sullivan. She had worked around the tattoo he had made her get, wearing a neckline which went straight across at the neck, covering everything but which was so tight that it still drew attention to her chest which had been pushed up rather appetisingly. Every time that she took a breath his hands itched to caress her. Damn, he had to continue his inspection before he had the same problem he had had that morning. The material clung to her flat stomach and hips but then flared out slightly which would have been a relief if it had not been too short. That dress should be worn only for him. Only when he could pull it up and …

Shoes, that would save him. He was a straight man; shoes always bored him to tears. Her dainty feet where encased in very high strappy little sandals. She was going to break an ankle in those silly things. She needed to be somewhere nice and safe like his lap.

Chloe crossed her arms across her body trying to hide it from him as she was clearly so disgusting to him, but then decided not to give him the satisfaction. She didn’t care if he found her ugly. She didn’t, she didn’t know why her eyes were stinging, it was probably just hay fever.

“I don’t care what you think Lex”, she told him.

“Evidently”, he referred to her date.

“Anyway, we are going to get going”, she walked towards the young man at the door, glad that Lex had drawn her attention to him once again, or she might have forgotten about him all together and have gone off to do something else.

“Oh no you’re not”, he grabbed her arm, instinctively; she wasn’t going to get away from him that easily.

“Lex, what the fuck is wrong with you?” Chloe all but shouted, and Gabe made his way to the door. He knew that Lex would never hurt Chloe but she sounded distressed and he wasn’t going to have that.

“You first”, Lex made no move to release her.

“Why don’t you tell me as you seem to know everything?” Chloe spat.

Not one to let an opportunity pass him by, Lex stated, “Aside from your choice in men, you need to go and change”

“Fuck you!”

Gabe had come into the house unnoticed and seated himself on the other settee to watch the show, not feeling the need to intervene yet. He did however make a mental note to ask who had taught Chloe those words and to tell her that they were bad words. He glared at the new boy shaped door stop accusingly, who he had worked out was Chloe’s date.

Wondering what Lex was so upset about, Gabe examined Chloe’s outfit, it was very nice, covered everything that needed to be covered, it was lovely … for someone else’s daughter. Lex was quite right, she needed to go and change – or at the very least at a nice woolly cardigan and pair of stripy leggings. And as for her shoes, they just had to go; she could turn her ankle in those shoes.

“You know I don’t know how you think that you are going to go out on a date when you are either stuck in a corner or across my knee”, Lex growled as he loomed over her.

“I don’t know how you think that you are going to continue to be the great and powerful Lex Luthor with a broken nose”, Chloe got in his face.

“Now now children”, Gabe finally stood up and intervened, “I didn’t teach either of you to resort to violence … well that is not entire true in your case Chloe, but that is not the point. Chloe you need a coat, Lex you need not to boss my baby around. You”, he turned to the boy in the doorway, “we need to have a little talk about the behaviour I expect from you tonight, if Chloe decides that she still wants to go out with you”.

Chloe rolled her eyes behind her Dad’s back.

“You can treat Lex like that but not me Chloe Ann Sullivan”, her father said mildly.

“Sorry Daddy”, she said, looking really upset.

“Sorry Gabe, that was directed at me not you, I was pulling faces at her”, Lex took the blame

“That makes more sense”, Gabe acknowledged, not believing Lex for a minute.

“This doesn’t mean that I like you any more”, Chloe informed Lex in a whisper.

“Your name is?” Gabe asked.

“Ryan Wilson”, the boy said extending his hand.

“Right, well my daughter is an adult capable of making her own decisions”, Gabe didn’t bother taking his hand. “However, that does not mean that I have to like them even if I accept them. I don’t know what rock you climbed out from under but you should remember that you are in Smallville, a town which between Lex and myself we as good as own, it is not just us watching you but every single person in the area”. Ryan visibly pale and Lex smirked.

“Now, you are going to take my daughter out – if that is her wish – but you are going to do it in our limo, with our driver. You will treat her well, you will be polite and you will not let her fall over in those ridiculous heels but you will not touch her. If my daughter comes back saying that you have been anything less than the perfect gentleman then I will let Lex have his way with you … and then I will show him how it is really done”, he managed to be menacing without ever dropping his jovial tone. In some ways that we more disconcerting than Lex’s obvious malice.

Ryan looked like he might actually throw up.

“Do I make myself quite clear?” Gabe inquired mildly.

“Yes, Sir, Mr Sullivan, Sir”, he said giving a slight salute which made Chloe smile and shake her head.

“Have a nice time sweetheart”, her father said as he turned to her and kissed her cheek. “Now, are you sure that you wouldn’t like a nice cardigan?”

“I’m sure Dad”, she gave him a hug and a kiss.

~*~

Gabe heard the door open and then slam.

“Ah, my little angel has returned”, he realised and looked at the kitchen clock. “8pm, I take it that the date did not go well”, he greeted her as she walked in – limping slightly – and looking extremely put out. His Daddy alarm went off, immediately and demanded cuddles and chocolate milk for Chloe and kicks for the boy. “Did he hurt you?”

“No, Dad of course he didn’t”, Chloe assured her father as he jumped to his feet.

“He was the perfect gentleman all night – well for all of the one hour of our date”, Chloe walked over to her father, kissed his forehead and made him sit down again before continuing with her story. “He sat well over on his side of the limo, wouldn’t touch me at any point during the evening. His main topic of conversation was Lex, and whether he was really as big a bastard as people made out”. She scowled at her father as he grinned and he rearranged his features into a more acceptable attempt at concern over the boy’s behaviour.

“We then went to dinner and a movie by which I mean a cinema where you eat while you watch the movie. Which is ridiculous, because who wants to eat a full four course meal while watching a movie? Junk food, ice cream, chocolate, popcorn etc sure, you munch those things at home while watching a movie but not a full restaurant meal. If you are going to go to a restaurant for a sit down meal then you want conversation, not a movie”, she rolled her eyes before going over to the fridge.

“Anyway luckily the movie was crap so I didn’t have to concentrate. It was an indie art-house pseudo-intellectual load of junk! And dinner oh that was good, really good, I would have liked that a lot if it weren’t for the horrified look on his face when I actually ordered food and ate it, I didn’t even get dessert because he made me feel so uncomfortable. Evidently he decided that girls don’t eat and yet he tried to give me wine twice even though I said that I didn’t really want any – I mean that isn’t even like Lex, when he tries to force you to eat things it is because he thinks that they are good for you. I can’t believe that I just thought that someone was worse that Lex”, she growled slamming the fridge door without finding what she was searching for and going into the pantry in search of something nice to eat.

“I take it that that it didn’t go well then”, Gabe said to the area where his daughter had just been just as Lex came in from the front of the house. “Hello Lex”, he greeted, “You don’t look like your night was too good”.

“You could say that. Went out for some coffee, met a nice looking girl, took her to the cinema only to find that there isn’t one good movie out at the moment”, he groused. “I can’t be that hard to make something half way decent”, he continued to complain as he realised that he had left something in the car and excused himself to Gabe and went back out to the car.

“And another thing”, Chloe announced, as she re-entered the room from the sound proofed panty, holding a mini container of homemade soup. “I like dessert; I see no reason why I shouldn’t be allowed to eat just because some people think that I am fat”.

“Who thinks that you are fat?” Gabe demanded, his hand automatically going for his phone.

“Lex”, Chloe popped her soup in the microwave.

“I don’t think that he thinks that”, Gabe said, wondering what his daughter was going on about.

“Yes he does, he said so”, Chloe tried to seem brave, her back was to her father but he could tell that it had upset her. “I’ll kill him”, he thought to himself. He was sure that Lex had never actually said that he thought that she was fat but Chloe had somehow got that idea and it upset her, the fact that he was like a son to him wouldn’t save him from Gabe’s wrath. His baby was hurt and he would have vengeance.

“I’m going into the garden”, Chloe announced, “I need a breath of fresh air”, she set the timer on the microwave and pressed start.

She had barely gone out of the back door when Lex re-immerged. Gabe snarled.

“And the stupid thing didn’t even eat, I took her out to dinner first and she refused to order a starter or a pudding, just the main course which was a lettuce leaf of which she ate barely half. Chloe needs to start running courses teaching females how to be attractive and how to eat their food properly”, he announced. “I thought sod her, I’m having a steak anyway but watching her nibbling a leaf was really off putting”.

Gabe stopped snarling and decided that clearly it had all just been a misunderstanding – that seemed to happen a lot between Chloe and Lex.

“I had better go and put this upstairs”, Lex motioned to his brief case and left the room was Chloe’s soup pinged to announce that it was ready and she reappeared.

“And another thing, I almost broke my ankle wearing these stupid shoes that my legs would look good. He was not worth it. I hate all men”, she groused as Gabe got her soup out of the microwave and put it in a different bowl so that she wouldn’t burn her fingers as she got a spoon. Obviously her Dad didn’t count as a man and so didn’t come under the banner of hatred.

Soup in hand Chloe toddled into the den.

Before Gabe could even get back to his seat Lex was back, “And don’t even get me started on the ridiculous platform shoes she was wearing, it was like watching someone trying to walk with concrete boots on. I swear if I had chucked her off a bridge – an idea that occurred to be several times throughout the course of the date – she would have sunk. And good riddance. I didn’t get my pudding. Do you want anything?” He asked, pointing towards the pantry.

“No thank-you”, Gabe shook his head.

As he disappeared Chloe returned and made a bee line for the bread bin. “I forgot the bread”, she explained her reappearance, still needing to vent she continued, “Is it really so hard to find a man who 1) likes me, 2) doesn’t mind if I eat, 3) doesn’t mind that I want to pay my own way, 4) likes good movies, and 5) can hold a semi intelligent conversation?” Without waiting for her father to reply she said, “Apparently it is! I am going into the den, I am going to watch a movie and I may not come about again tonight”.

“Have fun sweetie”, Gabe called after her. “I will try to chance the world while you are asleep tonight”.

“Thanks Dad”, she laughed as she closed the door.

Lex returned to the kitchen with an Aunt Bessie’s Jam Roly-Poly and headed to the microwave. “Is it really so impossible to find a woman who 1) likes me, 2) actually eats, 3) doesn’t want me just for my money, 4) likes decent movies, and most importantly, 5) isn’t a complete airhead? Damn it, I forgot the ice-cream. Now I am turning into an airhead by association”.

As he left again, Gabe sat there and looked up at the ceiling, “Alright God, I got the hint. They should be together. Got any helpful hints on how to get suborn and even more stubborn together?”

Sometimes in life people pray for inspiration for years but never get it, other times God is immediately forthcoming. Gabe grinned. “Hey Lex”, he called out, “Chloe is in the den, I think that she is about to start a Cary Grant marathon”, her genre of choice when life was less than stellar, “she had a bit of a sucky night too. Why don’t you take her some cake and ice cream?”

A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates yestarday, I was researching for another possible story I'm writing to do with Chloe breaking into a sorority for a story - still working on the good/evil one too. As always, please review.

Members

Loved it!!!!!!!!!!

Chloe and Lex walking in and out but missing each other was so funny. So glad Gabe finally saw that they are meant to be together and is willing to help.

Can't wait for the next update.

NS Full Member

Oh, now that Gabe realized Lex and Chloe belongs together, I wonder if he is going to start playing matchmaker and get them together. He should just lock them in the pantry let them have it out.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information