+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Much Ado About Smallville (NC-17) Completed 3rd August 2013

Re: Much Ado About Smallville (NC-17) Posted 2nd May 2013

ow, and i meant to ask: Epolgue to Star Crossed, pretty please?
    Last edited by TrinityR; 7th May 2013 at 16:29.

NS Senior Member Senior Member HotCrossedBunny's Avatar

Sorry I didn't mean for you to come off as sounding rude. He he.

I wouldn't put it past him.

I will get working on the Epilogue, I have been mostly working on this story as stress relief - huge day in my PhD tomorrow. First year panel.

*Chapter Nine*

Lex and Chloe walked in companionable silence back through the maze of stalls to where they had left Clark, both thinking that it was nice to be there just by themselves again.

“So, do you think that we will find Clark where we left him … or do you think that he and Lana will have run off to Las Vegas to get hitched?” Chloe asked.

“I think that we will find them exactly where we left them, Clark isn’t the kind to run off and elope”, Lex smiled at the idea of Clark doing something that spontaneous, he would probably have to plan it out in detail first. “Besides, they have only known each other for a few minutes”.

“Ah, but as great romance novels and pop songs inform us, sometimes that is enough”, Chloe reminded him.

Lex snorted, “Sure it is. A few minutes and physical attraction is enough for a quick fuck but that is about it”. For forgot the snicker doodle rule.

“You don’t think that that can turn into something more?” She wondered.

“No”, Lex said emphatically. “You could never respect someone like that. That thing that your Nanny always said about their being two types of girls was vulgar but true”.

“What about love at first sight?” She persisted.

“Doesn’t exist!”

“No?”

“No.”

“You seem very sure of that”, Chloe said thoughtfully.

“Look I’m sorry to disappoint you if you thought that that little conversation between you and blonde ball boy was going to be the stuff of an epic romance but it won’t. Sure you can meet someone and be extremely attracted to them, you can even read people very well and think that they seem really great and genuine but that isn’t love. Neither is the fluttery feeling in the stomach on the first couple of dates”, he said remembering his dating experience. “Love is so much more than that”.

“It is how you act with that person every day”, Chloe finished for him, thoughtfully.

“Exactly. You have to trust and respect a person before you can love them. You have to know that it doesn’t matter what happens, they will always be on your side. Even if you have just had the biggest row in the history of the world, if they need you you will be there in a second, even if the thing that hurt them was what you warned them against / were arguing around”, he shook his head. “But it isn’t just about protectiveness, “You have to really see the person and that includes all of their flaws. Thinking that someone is perfect and walks on water is romantic but basically flawed as a base for a marriage of long duration. You have to know that they are always in a bad mood before they have coffee, that they don’t share their feelings and that you are probably going to spend the rest of your life arguing over that … and then still say (without a shadow of a doubt) that this person is still worth all of the shit that you are going to go through to be with them”.

Chloe observed him, he had never been this open with her – or anyone else, she guessed – on this subject and wondered if someone had hurt him recently to spark this out pouring.

He smiled at her and her intense expression, “No relationship is easy. Ever. You have to compromise on every single part of your life from where you put your toothbrush to where you sleep. Every single part of your life is affected and most of the time it bugs the hell out of you”.

“So I take it that you don’t believe in true love and happily ever after?” She asked, a touch of sadness to her voice.

“Oh the contrary, I’m a complete sucker for that kind of thing”, he smirked, “The only problem is that the princess doesn’t fall for the bad guy”.

“Oh, they do if they have any sense”, Chloe assured him, not bothering to argue with him yet again about whether he was good or bad. “Bad guys are always hot. Look at Guy of Gisborne in Robin Hood – the BBC version”, she gave a little sigh.

“Of course, I had forgotten about your undying passion for Richard Armitage”, Lex laughed.

“You’re mean”, Chloe complained.

“He is too old for you”, Lex argued.

“You’re mean”, she repeated.

“And he lives in England”, he reasoned.

“You’re mean”, there was that pouty bottom lip again.

“And he isn’t good enough for you”, Lex got down to the crux of the matter.

“You’re a sweet meanie sometimes”, she smiled.

“I’ve been called worse”, he shrugged before adding, “mostly by you”.

“What do you mean mostly?” Her ears pricked up, “Who else was calling you names? Was it Clark? Because I think that I could take him.”

Lex chuckled at that, “Sure you could. But no, it wasn’t Clark and I am not telling you who it was. We are supposed to be having a nice day out at the fete. I don’t want to have to go and find a lawyer and bail you out of jail”.

“Fair enough”, she appeared to give in, actually making a mental note to find out later and extract revenge.

They had reached the area where they had left Lana and her latest conquest. “They should be around here somewhere”, Chloe said as she jumped up and down trying to get a better look; it was a lot more crowded than it had been when they had left.

“They are over here … and it looks like Clark has gained another admirer”, Lex snickered as said admirer flicked her hair over her shoulder with a little too much force and almost over balanced, “And she looks like a keeper”.

“He is certainly a very popular guy”, Chloe acknowledged as Lex stood to the side to let Chloe go first.

“It’s the hair”, Lex commented.

“He does have pretty fantastic hair”, Chloe agreed, “but what will he look like once he has a mortgage, a wife and three kids when it is thinning on top?”

“Good point, at least with me women know what they are getting”, he ran his hand over the top of his head.

“Yeah, an ego centric, bossy, cave man wanna be, p …”

“That’s enough, we’ve got the idea”, Lex laughed as they reached Clark’s side.

“What’s so funny?” Clark wondered.

“Chloe was just recounting all of my god points”, Lex explained.

“It was a very short list, tiny”, Chloe held her thumb and forefinger a few inches apart to make her point.

“Oh, I am sure that it is bigger than that”, their new guest purred.

Chloe narrowed her eyes.

“This is my friend Kelsey”, Lana introduced them. “She works at the coffee shop with me”.

“Hmm”, was the extent of Chloe’s comment on this fact. Lex was a little more courteous and held out his hand, “Lex Luthor. This is Chloe, she isn’t good at introductions. She’s shy”.

Lana almost choked at this but no one other than Clark seemed to notice this.

“Remember what you said earlier about physical contact”, Chloe warned him in a whisper. “Ouch”.

Everyone’s eyes turn on her.

“Oh, is that nasty bee back?” Lex asked, with apparent concern, “Do you want me to kiss it better?”

“No”, her eyes narrowed at him as she discreetly rubbed her posterior where he had pinched her.

“You had better be careful, there could be a whole hive of them around here and they always seemed to be so attracted to you”, he warned.

“I hate bees”, Kelsey put in, “I wish that there weren’t any”.

“They there would be no pollination and we would die of starvation”, Chloe said coolly.

“Yes, it is amazing how something we think of only as a pest can be so useful isn’t it”, Lana said trying to smooth thing over.

“Yes, like mosquitos. They are actually responsible for the deaths of over one quarter of everyone who has ever lived and yet they are the best and in some cases only pollinators in a lot of areas”, Lex added his contributing.

Lana, Kelsey and Clark all made sounds to acknowledge how surprised they were by this piece of information whilst Chloe simply stated, “I know, I watch QI too”.

“I wish that I was smart”, Kelsey put in, fluttering her eye lashes at Lex, as if expecting him to argue that she was intelligent.

“I think that you mean were, you need the subjunctive there. And don’t we all”, Chloe informed her acidly. “Ouch, Lex”, she complained, making no attempt to go along with his notion that it was a bee.

He merely raised an eyebrow, “My offer to kiss it better still stands”.

“In your dreams”, she rubbed the sore spot.

“You’re not a little brat in my dreams”.

“You aren’t a bully in mine”.

Lana thought that it was time to intervene again before they both realised that they had let slip that they had both had dreams which featured the other one. “The pie contest is starting in a few minutes, did you enter this year Chloe?”

“No”, Chloe shook her head, still more interested in her sore bottom.

“Oh, the auctioneer will be disappointed”, Lana sounded sincere.

“Are you really that brilliant a pie maker?” Clark asked, trying not to sound surprised as he looked at the blonde. She didn’t seem like the kind of girl who spent a lot of time in the kitchen – eating aside.

“The very best”, Chloe said.

“Her pie sold for more than all of the others combined”, Lana explained.

“How was it Lex?” Clark asked his friend, under no illusions who had bid on it.

“It was an interesting combination of burnt and … um … chewy, with the odd bits of unmixed flour and apple core to add texture”, Lex said trying to remember the exact taste without his stomach tying itself in knots again.

“You still ate the whole thing”, Lana pointed out.

“Well ice cream covers a multitude of sins”, Lex shrugged, “besides due to an innovative explosion method of baking which Chloe pioneered in spite of the fact that there were two bushels of apples in it, it was only about the size of a DVD and quite flat”. What else was he supposed to do when he had seen her faced with potential failure?

“I thought that possibly I was undiscovered culinary genius … I wasn’t”, Chloe explained to Clark.

“Your pie also got given first prize”, Lex reminded her.

“Of course it did, I could have entered a turnip and it would still have won after you doubled everything raised on the day for it”, Chloe giggled.

“Hey, eccentric billionaires pay a great deal of money for rare items just to prove that they can. For a few minutes I owned one of the rarest things in the world – and I have documented proof – evidence of Chloe Sullivan’s cooking”, he tried to rationalise his actions.

“And I think that for the good of your digestion we should keep it that way”, she stroked/patted his stomach absentmindedly. “What are servants for, after all”.

“See I knew that coming into your inheritance and owning a mansion would change you. Where is that sweet unspoilt girl I used to know?” He teased.

“With you and my father around how could I have ended up any other way?” She knew that he had probably brought her knick knacks behind her back.

“Being spoilt is very bad, you should try to combat that Chloe or no man will want you. I am very low maintenance and can cook”, Kelsey was directing her comments at Lex thinking to ingratiate herself with the bald billionaire by butting into his conversation with Chloe and apparently being on his side. She was wrong.

Lex turned on her. “The word that you are looking for is indulged, not spoilt and men wanting her is not something that Chloe has to be concerned about”. Any attraction that he might have felt for Kelsey – and it had been negligible to start with – died right then.

“Yes, of course. I didn’t mean … oh dear”, Kelsey almost stuttered, looking to Lana for help.

“Helter skelter?” Clark suggested hopefully.

“Yes”, Chloe jumped at the possibility, grabbing Lex’s arm and pulling towards the slide. “Come on Clark, hurry up”, she called.

Lex allowed himself to be pulled along wondering what had suddenly got into her. “Am I still feeling brave enough to go up without having my hand held?” He wondered.

“Who needs their hand held on the helter skelter?” Kelsey asked, suddenly popping up again next to them when they are arrived. “Only a baby would be afraid”.

“No one”, Chloe growled, “yes you are”, she informed Lex.

“We thought that we might join you, it sounded like so much fun”, Lana said as she came over as well. “If that is alright?”

There was no answer.

They were all looking at her. “Chloe”, Lex prompted.

“Of course”, Chloe said with a sickly smile. She span on her heel, grabbed her mat and headed inside and came to a halt. It was just as tall and rickety as she remembered, with one flickering light bulb handing from the ceiling.

“What’s the hold up?” Kelsey asked from the outside.

“Just tying my shoe lace up”, Chloe called back, controlling the urge to tell the girl to snicker doodle off and stop butting in on her Lex time … um … she meant, fete time, of course.

“You don’t have to …” Lex whispered from where he was behind her, he had made sure that he was the one right behind her so the only other member of their little group who was already inside the structure. He was the only one who could tell that she was nervous at that moment. Chloe gave him a quick smile but ignored him and started climbing resolutely up the wobbly ladders – no one ever got anywhere avoiding things.

“You are safe, you are alright”, she repeated in her head. She squeaked as the light bulb went out and she started to feel her chest constricting.

“It’s alright. You are alright”, Lex was only one step behind her.

Both of her hands clung to the banister on one side, trying to ignore the sheer drop on the other side.

“Just take a deep breath, I’m right here. You don’t have to go up until you are ready. Everyone else can wait and if you don’t want to go up then I will kick them down the stairs so that you have a nice clear path down”, they both knew that he wasn’t joking. Chloe and he had got so far up the stairs that the others had come in too and begun the climb.

“It is okay, I can go to the top, it is closer than the ground”, Chloe managed a weak laugh which sounded almost panicked.

“Alright”, Lex said, keeping his hand where it had been since the lights went out, around her waist. “Well when you are ready take my hand and we will go up together”.

“What’s the hold-up”, Kelsey’s voice could once again he heard.

“The bloody lights have gone out in case you hadn’t noticed, what the hell do you think the hold-up is? If you can’t think of something sensible to say the shut up and fuck off”, Lex roared. Oddly, this calmed Chloe.

“I’m ready now”, she whispered to him.

“Okay, now give me your hand”, she did. He felt how cold and sweaty it was now. “Good girl. Now, nice and slowly one step and a time. I’m right here, you’re completely safe”.

Lex talked to her in a quiet, soothing voice until they were at the top and out into the fresh air where he positioned her next to the door so that she was boxed in, she was fine as long as she knew that she couldn’t fall.

The top was quite large so there was plenty of room for the others when they emerged. “Sorry about that”, Lana mouthed to Chloe, knowing that she was afraid of falling.

A rather pale Chloe gave Lana a smile.

Kelsey, expecting Lex to apologise once he was given an opportunity to speak to her, looked for something to say and noticed that they were missing a mat and asked, “Where is Chloe’s mat?”

“Here”, Lex pointed to the one sitting at Chloe’s feet.

“I thought that that was yours”, she said in confusion. She had been watching Lex and was sure that he had picked up the one with the green rim.

“No, I dropped mine in shock when the lights went out but Chloe was kind enough to say that I could share hers”, he lied smoothly.

“Oh, well there is no need to inconvenience her. You can share with me if you like”, Kelsey made another play of the richest man in the world.

“I already said that I was going to share with Chloe”, he wasn’t even attempting to be conciliatory anymore.

“Tell you want, Kelsey you go first, then Clark and I will go to leave Chloe and Lex to organise their own mat”, Lana suggested with a smile, figuring that Chloe wouldn’t want to go down first or have anyone notice if she was a little shaky.

Lex smiled at her gratefully as they went down in that order leaving him alone with Chloe

“Feeling any better now?”

“Yeah, I’m sorry I don’t know why I am being so silly about this”, she was really disappointed with herself; she didn’t want to be one of those girls who was weak and always screaming and jumping into a man’s arms.

“You aren’t”, he stroked her cheek. “Everyone has a phobia of some type and yours is a lot more sensible than most. I doubt that most people try to deal with their every year and associate it with something good”.

“You’re reaching, aren’t you?” She asked.

“Yes”, he admitted. “Is it working?”

“A little. Now, are you ready to go down on me?”

Lex coughed. “Sorry?”

“I asked if you were ready to go down with me”, she repeated her question.

“Yeah, of course.” He placed the mat on the floor, a little away from the shoot, and held her hand as she seated herself on it and sat behind her making sure that he had his arms firmly around her waist.

“Seat belt”, Chloe said as she always did every year. It was tradition!

“Yep, safety is important”, he knew was she was alright as long as she was sure that she couldn’t fall, sliding was different. He used his legs to pull them to the end and then, “Ready?”

“Set!”

Go”, and they were off.

Chloe squealed with delight as they whizzed around the slide until they spilled out at the bottom, Lex somehow ending up on top of her, his arms braced so that he wouldn’t squash her.

A/N: He he I think that I will leave it there for today. He he. Can you guess what happens next?

Quote Originally Posted by HotCrossedBunny View Post
    Sorry I didn't mean for you to come off as sounding rude. He he.

I wouldn't put it past him.

I will get working on the Epilogue, I have been mostly working on this story as stress relief - huge day in my PhD tomorrow. First year panel.

Oh, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    I was just joking with that rudness;P I'm flattered that you thought of me

i don't get them, they care aboiut each other so much! They're just... perfect for each other! The sparks are always on the right level as they kept arguing and plus what I wrote earlier, perfect relationship.

NS Full Member

They are perfect for each other and they need to stop playing game with each other and just get together already.

I know, I would have thought that they would have got together by now, who knew that one trip to the fete could be broken up into so many chapters?!? More coming now!

*Chapter Ten*

Chloe lay on her back, her hair splayed out behind her like a halo on the mat at the bottom of the helter skelter. She stared up at Lex. He was utterly gorgeous. His lean taunt body was above hers, his eyes were filled with mirth and his lips looked utterly kissable.

She licked her lips which were suddenly dry. Her chest rose and fell deeply as tingles of anticipation travelled across her skin.

He transferred all of his weight to one arm as he reached out one hand to smooth it over her head, his eyes were tender as he said her name in a voice like warm honey.

“Chloe, are you alright? You look a little pink. Did I hurt you?” He checked.

“You could never hurt me”, her voice came out a little more breathless than she would have liked.

He stared down at her strangely.

“I mean, no you didn’t hurt me”, Chloe shook herself out of her stupor. What had she been thinking? Of course Lex Luthor wasn’t about to kiss her. He didn’t think about her like that. Which was just fine, because she didn’t think of him in that way either. No she most certainly did not. Not ever. Not even once. If she had had a dream with him in ripping off her clothes, well that was probably just symbolic. It was her subconscious telling her that summer was coming – heralded by Lex’s arrival – and so she needed new clothes. That was all it was. Nothing more.

“Good, you had me worried there for a moment”, he grinned as he sat back on his heels and held a hand out to her.

She wanted to slap it away all of a sudden and tell him that she could do it herself, but she didn’t. She just allowed him to help her up and kept a perky smile on her lips. Lex stared at her for a few seconds.

“What is it?” She wondered.

“Nothing”, he said, and wrapped an arm around her shoulders and rubbed her arm. He figured that the height thing really had affected her more adversely than she had let on, she still didn’t look right. She didn’t even smile right. He felt a little odd himself, he had wanted to kiss her so badly when she had been underneath him but he couldn’t take advantage of her. He had to act normally. He didn’t consider whether or not it was normal for him to have his arm around her. It just felt like what he needed to do at that moment.

They had lost the pain in the butt and Lana had offered to give Clark a ride back to the mansion so they were by themselves again.

“Oh well, who needs the extra attachments?” Chloe joked.

“True”.

“So, how of fun next?” She asked.

“Whatever you want”, Lex said, thinking that she was probably overcompensating for her earlier fright.

“Really? Can I have a continent? Please Lex?” She pleaded, making her eyes practically double in size.

“Do you really want one?” He wondered, he probably could buy her one but it would take some doing.

“No!” She looked truly appalled, “Lex I was only joking, I don’t want a continent. Where would I put it? Lex, please don’t buy me a continent”.

“Alright, I suppose that you are already indulged enough”, he ruffled her hair. God there was something wrong with him, of course she didn’t really want him to buy her a continent. She never wanted him to buy her anything.

Chloe grinned as she handed over the money for their admittance to The House of Fun.

“So, heights you don’t like but walking along moving planks is fun to you”, Lex said as they walked into the amusement and the floor immediately started to wobbly underneath them.

“Yep, do you want to hold my hand?” Chloe offered, “Because you know, you can, if you feel like you need to”.

“No thank-you, I think that I will be alright”, he declined the offer although it sounded quite nice actually.

“Okay, I was just offering to be polite”, Chloe clarified. She didn’t want to hold his yucky old, overly hot hand anyway.

“I know”, he said, was it just his imagination or had she sounded almost hurt there for a second? No, it must have been his imagination.

They continued to run around the house until they got to the final room. “Oh, this is my favourite”, Chloe said as she got her camera out of her bag. “I’m going to do before and after pictures for my calorie count profile”.

“For your what?” Lex asked, thinking that she had lost her marbles – they had probably fallen clean out of her head when she had gone through the washing machine part of the house.

“Calorie count. It is a site where you count calories”, she explained, she was setting up her camera so she couldn’t see the look of fury on his face.

“And what would you be doing on such a site?” He demanded.

“What do you think? Counting calories and stuff like that. I stopped just after I went to Uni, but I think that I should go back to it”, she continued to tinker with her camera.

He ground his teeth.

“I am rubbish at remembering all of those things, that way it keeps a protein, iron log etc”, she explained.

“Oh”. That was better, so she was trying to take care of her health. She was going it to monitor her iron and protein, that was alright.

“Anyway, as I have always been more or less the same weight I never get to put up those really inspiring pictures where people have lost hundreds of pounds”, she explained.

“Thank God for that!” Not that he would think any less of her if she had ever been really over weight but he would hate to think of her being unhealthy and unhappy.

“So I’m doing this”, she stood in front of the mirror which made everyone look short and fat and took a picture then moved on to the tall skinny mirror and clicked again. “There from hippo to supermodel in under 30 seconds. I really should market this diet”.

“It would be a best seller”, Lex said looking in another mirror and noticing that it looked like he had a huge head.

“I like your head”, Chloe said, seeming to know what he was thinking.

He just smiled as he pulled out his phone and pulled up every single site Chloe had been on, - for once thanking Google’s policy of spying on everyone. He typed in the words calorie and count and found not only the sight but also her log in name. It took him a few attempts to guess her password but then he was in. The first thing he did, with a growl, was change her screen name Chloe the Chubby to Chloe the Cutie-pie and took a picture of her, just as she was, blotted out the face and put that up as her profile picture. She would probably kill him when she found out, but he wasn’t going to have lies going around about her.

“What are you doing?” Chloe wondered, noticing that he was typing away furiously on his phone but not that he had taken a picture of her with it.

“Sexting”, Lex lied, that was the one thing that should shock her into silence for a few seconds to give him chance to log out of everything before she started trying to take his phone to see what he was doing.

He discreetly observed her, as his thumbs worked, she looked a little shocked, maybe even appalled for a second before incredulity took over and then finally interest. He shut his phone off, just in time and smiled at her, “Come on. I’ll get you another ice cream. I know that your feeding schedule must be kept to”.

Chloe agreed but kept trying to sneak peeks at his phone until he put it back in his pocket.

“Come on nosey”, he urged her towards the door with his hands on her lower back.

“Hey, a Luthor sext. You can’t blame me for wanting to see”, she said allowing herself to be directed.

“I both can and do. In fact, I am rather annoyed that you even know what a sext is”, Lex announced.

“Why?” She wondered.

“Because you are little and pure and innocent”, he said more to remind himself than anything else, quelling the urge to tell her in very graphic details what a Luthor sext would include – not that he had ever actually written one before – and watch her dissolve into a puddle of desire.

Chloe schooled her features so as not to give any indication that he had hurt her feelings. She knew what the words little, pure and innocent were code for. He meant that she was short, a virgin and unattractive! She was sure that she was being mocked but that wasn’t fair; just because he wasn’t attracted to her it didn’t mean that no one else could be.

“I bet that I could get a date before you could”, she challenged.

“I believe that you already have one for tonight”, he said piously.

“There are seven nights a week”, she pointed out.

“All of which you will be spending sitting on a cushion or on your stomach if you aren’t careful”. Lex couldn’t believe the ideas that were coming out little Chloe’s mouth. She didn’t date around! She didn’t! He didn’t know what had got into her in the last few minutes but he wouldn’t believe that Chloe was easy and he wouldn’t have her implying that she was either; someone who didn’t know her as well as he did might overhear and get the wrong idea.

“Same old threats Lex? Scared?” Chloe would not back down.

He stared at her, watching her squirm automatically under his gaze, but obviously determined to stand her ground. He smirked, he would remind her who she was dealing with. “Just name your mark”.

Chloe’s face broke into a smile for a second in triumph, then she pulled herself back together and scouted out the surrounding area and the dating prospects which it contained There were plenty of people but none that caught her fancy until … Chloe grinned, “Them”.

When Lex couldn’t immediately follow her line of gaze she pointed rather obviously to the couple who were standing no more than a twenty metres away from them.

Lex looked over at them and was surprised, on the face of things that seemed too kind. The blonde girl was pretty and the boy looked like a push over.

“She isn’t gay is she?” He guessed, no way would Chloe make things so easy on him.

“Would that stop a Luthor?” Chloe wondered.

“No”, he admitted, “it would just be a challenge”.

“So you accept?” Mischief twinkled in her green eyes.

“Let the games begin”, Lex rubbed his hands together.

Chloe gave him a look that stated that he was going to lose and ran up to the girl and hugged her whispering something in her ear. The girl nodded and walked straight over to Lex leaving Chloe to talk to the guy who within a few minutes could be seen exchanging numbers with Chloe.

“Hi”, the blonde girl said shyly as she came over to Lex. “Chloe said that I would be doing her a massive favour if I came over here to speak to you”.

“You are indeed. I’m Lex”, he extended his hand to her, wondering what on earth Chloe was doing actually sending the girl over to him.

“Kara”, she smiled up at him.

“Say Kara, I don’t suppose that you would want to give me your number would you?” He said, not really trying, it was hard to concentrate on her enough not to seem rude when Chloe was over there talking to a boy even after she had got the number she had needed for their game.

“Sure, no problem”, Kara wrote the number down on a piece of paper and handed it to Lex. “Well, see you around sometime, maybe”, she said before returning to Chloe and her friend.

“Who was that?” Lex inquired, as Chloe returned to him.

“Henry James Olsen, Jimmy for short”, Chloe beamed. “I knew them both in High School”.

“And you have a date?” Lex surmised, secretly hoping that that Jimmy guy wasn’t that important to Chloe and that she wasn’t still harbouring some school girl crush for him.

“Yep, for tonight”, Chloe answered happily.

“You already have a date for tonight”, Lex said, striving not to let his voice betray him.

“One is early evening the other is late”, she explained with a shrug. Secretly wondering how Lex would respond to this news.

He stared at her.

“What? It’s not as if I am married”, she reminded him.

“Well, in that case I might as well call this girl even though I don’t know her if that is how people make dates now”, he said through gritted teeth. He knew that he was being ridiculous. He had gone out with more than one girl at a time and had certainly asked girls out without knowing them first, but it was different when it was Chloe doing it.

“Go right ahead”, she smirked.

In a fit of temper Lex pulled out his cell phone and dialled the number and waited a few seconds, his brow furrowed in confusion, “It says that the number is not recognised”.

“Fancy that”, Chloe smiled looking supremely innocent. “Now who is innocent?”

He smirked back at her. “Nicely played Sullivan. Want to go on some mini roller-coaster style rides?”

“Sure, I’ll just go and get Jimmy”, she said.

“Oh no you don’t”, he didn’t care if he was being over bearing. The fete was their time together, they had only just got rid of Clark et al. He wasn’t having someone else coming along to interrupt them.

“But …” There was that butter wouldn’t melt look again.

“But nothing”, he growled.

“I …” She was apparently either intent on ignoring him or testing his restraint, she started to talk over to Jimmy.

“One more step and I won’t be answerable for my actions”.

A thrill short up her spine. She tested him. She couldn’t help it. It was in her nature.

Ever so slowly, she raised her foot again, heading in Jimmy’s direction. It didn’t make it down onto the grass. In a flash Lex was by her side, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her off the ground and swinging her around.

“Lex”, she squealed in mock protest.

“Don’t even try it, you bought this on yourself”, his hands loosened their grip on her waist and began to tickle her sides.

“No Lex, please”, she got out between giggles, trying to get away.

“That isn’t good enough”, he wouldn’t let her get away, he kept up the torture on her sensitive flesh.

“I’m sorry, I won’t go on rides with boys, I won’t, I promise”, she gave in still wriggling to be free, or at least to be able to turn around and get some of her own back.

“Better”, he took himself to be the exception. He stopped tickling her, running his hands up and down her sides a few times to rid her of the feeling, but didn’t let her go. Instead, he tucked her under his arm as they went over to the rides and kept her like that throughout the course of the next hour and a half until they decided that it was time to go home.

“So did we get everything done you were hoping for?” Lex asked, knowing that Chloe always had high expectations for their days out and liked to squeeze a lot into a short space of time.

“Almost, just one thing left”, Chloe looked around as they reached the car part. “Oh there it is”, she grinned with delight.

“Chloe no”, Lex protested but couldn’t help but go with her when she grabbed his hand and began to pull him.

“Oh please Lex, don’t be a spoil sport. Look they have a lovely butterfly option. Please”, she turned to him and gave him the big puppy dog eyes. He couldn’t take that look. He looked down. He gulped as he saw her curves. He looked back up. Damn, those eyes.

“Fine”, he relented. “On one condition”.

“What is it?” Chloe asked.

He pointed the fake tattoo stall next to the one Chloe was heading towards. “If I get a butterfly painted on my face you have to get a fake tattoo that I design”.

“What are you going to design?” Chloe asked.

“Ah ah ah, you aren’t allowed to know that”, he looked very smug.

She stared at him for a minute, weighing up her options.

“What’s the matter, chicken?” He taunted.

“No and I’m not falling for that”, Chloe informed him. He was the one who had taught her that you don’t do something just because someone says that you are chicken or yellow if you don’t.

“It’s alright, I can always go and ask Kelsey”, Lex turned as if to go and find the other girl.

“Fine, I’ll do it”, Chloe gave in.

Lex smirked. “Good, you explain to the face painter what you want and I will talk to the fake tattoo artist”. Once they had done this, shooting each other suspicious looks as they did so they crossed back over and took the appropriate seats.

Settling back into the chair, Lex said, “Do your worse”, knowing that he could wash it off when they got home. As the woman started to paint his face he continued to look uninterested in her, he kept his eyes trained on Chloe waiting for her reaction.

As she found out where the tattoo was going to be, she balked.

“Something wrong precious?” Lex taunted.

“I won’t be able to wear the dress I was planning on for tonight”, she complained. She had picked out a really nice low cut red number.

“Not if you want to cover the tattoo, no. You could wash it off when we get home but it still won’t completely fade for a few days”. Sometimes even he was amazed by his brilliance.

“You bastard”, Chloe hissed at him.

“That has never been proven!” Lex said, ignoring the possible negative connotations her words could have about his mother as he knew that she hadn’t realised how her dark mutterings could be construed, if she had she would never have said it.

“I hate you”, she informed him.

“I know, just wait until you see what it is of”, he continued to watch her.

Chloe glared at him but allowed the transfer to be affixed just above the neckline of her dress, on the swell of her breast. Lex kept a very close eye on the proceedings.

She couldn’t tell what it was until it was too late.

“You snicker doodling bastard”, she cried.

“You don’t like it?” He inquired mildly as the make-up artist continued to paint his face.

“No, I bloody well don’t”, she stared at the mark on her skin in horror.

“I do”, Lex examined it as well.

“You had ‘Hands off!’ stamped on my chest!” She exclaimed.

“Well ‘If you can read this then you are too close’ was a bit long”, he shrugged.

“If I want someone’s hands there, then I will have someone’s hands there”, Chloe expostulated.

Lex smirked, “Oh, I really don’t think that you will. You either won’t show the tattoo meaning a higher neck line than is normal for this time of year giving the impression that you are stand-offish or you show it and he knows that you want him to keep his hands off or the third option, you explain that I got it stamped on you and then I guarantee that he won’t go anywhere near you”.

“I am taking pictures of you with your face painted”, Chloe snapped. She knew that he was right. She was getting absolutely no play after her date that night which was a shame as she was especially in the mood.

“You always do”, he reminded her.

“I am posting them on your Facebook account”, she added.

“You don’t know the password”, he said placidly. She couldn’t possibly guess it.

“Don’t I?” Chloe sounded ridiculously sure of herself.

He looked at her in fear as the painting procedure ended and Chloe held out her camera.

Then he looked relaxed, “Go right ahead, I can still score like this!”

A/N: Do we think that he can score like that? Will Chloe's tattoo impact her date?

He can always score lol

Stripping off one's clothes in a dream means revealing of the truth, so... maybe they realized by the end of that day they love each other?

Have you given any thoughts to the fanfic where Chloe would try to help evil Lex? And fall in love in the process?:d

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information