+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: To Find a Way Back [chlex NC17] completed: 25-04-2013

Members

Re: To Find a Way Back [chlex NC17] updated: 12-04-2013

great update!

Found that another woman was claiming to have had his baby? He has cancer? *Thinks* Doubtful! [HotCrossedBunny
    Hahaha! Nope!

great update! [pop]
    Hi!!

A/N Uh, I came up with – in my opinion – amazing idea for a story (oh, how modest I am! ;P)
    If you like Clois or identity twist fanfics, where OC turns out to be actually Lois while forced to change her original identity, this is for you: CLICK. I want to write this and only this right now, but… eh… I promised an update in Monday and I would hate to not keep my word, so… here you go.

Part 8

The sound of the door closing woke Lex up.

He sat on the bed, rubbing his eyes, then looking around in search for Chloe.

She was gone. Her bag was gone as well.

“Fuck!” he cursed and jumped out of bed, putting him clothes on in a hurry. If he was lucky he might still catch her. Really talk to her. Finally reveal to her what had been going on inside of him all that time. He was embarrassed to admit it, to let her in so deep, even if it was her. Luthors weren’t used to opening themselves up like that.

He would have to be the very first to change his ways, because he couldn’t lose her. Last night made him realize that he was ready for anything, absolutely anything, but not for losing her.

“Chloe?” Gabe frowned his face when hearing his daughter’s footsteps on the stairs. “Chloe?” It sounded like she was rushing, like she was in a hurry. Why would she be so early in the morning that was preceding Christmas?

Gabe walked out of the kitchen and stepped into the hall. “Chloe, honey, what are you doing?” he asked completely bewildered at the sight of her putting her coat on and fishing around for car keys. “Chloe?” he repeated and finally walked over to her, put a hand to her shoulder and forced her to turn to him and look him in the eye. “My God, you’re crying. What happened?”

Then there were another footsteps on the stairs, much heavier. Lex.

“Chloe! Please, don’t do this. Let me explain first!”

“Lex, you’ve had enough time for explanations and apologies! That will not change anything. What’s done’s done!”

“What are you two talking about? What is this all about?” Gabe asked, confused.

“Daddy, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have lied to you. Lex and I are getting a divorce. It’s just… it’s not working. I’m so sorry for ruining Christmas.” After having said that she opened the door and ran out of the house.

Gabe turned to Lex who was just standing there, petrified that Chloe actually spoke the truth.

“Gabe, I…” Lex started.

“I don’t understand you,” Gabe spoke to him, his voice angry, “you seem to truly love her!”

“I do! She just doesn’t want to listen to me! She doesn’t want to give me another chance!”

“So what the hell are you waiting for?!” Gabe yelled at him. “Go after her!!” He pointed the door.

They could hear the car engine starting.

Lex was watching Gabe with his eyes widely opened. He expected everything, but not this. He thought Gabe would hate him for hurting Chloe, not that he would send him after her.

“Lex, I know my daughter can be stubborn, believe me, I do. But you have to go after her. I know she loves you and I can see that you love her. Don’t let anything petty stand between you two.”

“How do you know it’s something small? Maybe I’ve done something terrible.”

“I don’t believe you would cheat on her or hit her. Not ever,” Gabe reassured him.

“Thank you, sir, for such faith in me. And you’re right, I didn’t do any of those things.”

“Then stop standing here like an idiot and go!!”

Lex frowned. No one had ever called him an idiot before.

“Is your heart alright?” he asked once more question before leaving.

“My heart will be fine, don’t you worry about that, son! GO! Take my car! You might still catch her.”

“She took my car, there’s GPS,” Lex said and ran out of the house.

“GPS!” Gabe suddenly started laughing. He turned to the kitchen door where Tina was standing and watching him with amusement. “What? Why does everybody here thinks I’m so fragile? I had an operation, but it was over a month ago! I know my daughter and my son in law, I know they can solve this out. They just need some telling off!”

“Yes, Gabe, they can. I should’ve thought and left that up to you,” Tina admitted and shook her head. “You always make people realize what they’re about to lose.”

“Wait… so you knew about this before?”

“Uh oh…”

As Chloe jumped into Lex’s car she was struck by the horrible truth.

It nearly leveled her.

Could it be possible that it’d never been about her father’s heart? Was it possible that she just didn’t want to see him disappointed with her? She didn’t want to be a disappointment to him as her marriage failed. She didn’t want to be like him, another one left alone, betrayed. She’d still had issues with her mother leaving, she couldn’t get rid of them no matter how hard she’d tried and then… then Lex had started neglecting her, treating her like a body to fuck, like just an object in his house. She couldn’t have a career she dreamt of because of that marriage, she couldn’t figure out what to do with her life…

As she was driving, speeding above the limit, she was sure, but the car had a very powerful engine. There was no driver as he’d gotten a break for Christmas, was supposed to pick up both Chloe and Lex the day after.

Well, Chloe was perfectly capable of taking herself to where she wanted to be. She decided to go to Metropolis, maybe to her cousin’s. She couldn’t look her father in the eye right now, but she could use a family. Lois were always there for her. Always.

Chloe’s eyes stung as she thought of how her relationship with Lex had started. They’d been both lonely, both hurt. And they’d healed each other.

Clark and Lana had been getting married and naturally, Chloe and Lex had been their best man and maid of honor. They’d gone along well, providing company for each other as they both hadn’t brought any dates. That had seemed weird for Chloe. Lex Luthor showing up with no one by his side? But maybe it’d been fate? Maybe it’d meant to happen that way?

She couldn’t see any reason in this now when she was hurting so much, but back then… she’d firmly believed that had been the case.

They’d had a great time dancing together. Chloe had been very impressed with Lex’s skills in that particular area and she could just dance through the whole event with him, not getting tired. Then, when Clark and Lana had disappeared, they’d been left there alone, so Lex had offered Chloe a ride home. A ride that had led her to ask him for a drink and then they’d slept together. It’d come so naturally, like it’d really supposed to happen to them. At first she’d thought it would be just one night stand and it bothered her as Lex had just given her the best sex of her life.

They’d gone to lunch the day after, then he’d asked her for dinner. They’d started dating. And then Chloe had started to have difficulties in her job.

Past

She was a little late that Saturday, but Lex didn’t mind. When he saw her in his door he just smiled to her, came over and took her in his arms, kissing her.

“I’m sorry I’m late,” she said when he let go off her, looking at her a little worryingly.

“You seem… troubled,” he finally stated. “Did something happen?”

“I’m afraid so. Lex, we need to talk…” She followed him to the living room and was struck by the romantic dinner that was waiting for them. “Lex, I’m sorry, I don’t want to ruin…”

“Don’t worry about that,” he told her. “It doesn’t matter. I won’t be able to enjoy it anyway if you don’t tell me what’s wrong.”

She sighed heavily and walked over to his sofa, then sat heavily on it.

“Honey, you’re scaring me. Is it about… us?” he asked tentatively and sat right next to her, putting his hand on her shoulder and rubbing it in circles.

“In some way it is, but it’s not that I don’t feel for you anymore,” she reassured him and looked into his eyes. “Lex, those last couple of weeks were wonderful. I may even dare say that it was the best time I’ve ever had in my life.”

“So what makes you break it all off now?” he asked a little bitterly. He was trying to hide the disappointment and pain, but she could still see some of it in his eyes.

“I don’t want to break it off,” she said and took his hand, squeezing it gently. “I want to be with you, it’s just…” she sighed and shook her head. “They think I can’t write anything about anything related to you or LuthorCorp in the Planet. You know, they’re sure I wouldn’t be able to be objective with you. So, basically, being with you will destroy my career. They won’t let me… they won’t let me go up like I…” Her body shook slightly and she was trying to force the tears that appeared in her eyes back in. It was too late though. Lex saw it already.

“I see,” she heard him saying. His voice calm, not wavering. She knew that he seemed to be speaking in his usual calculative way only because he wouldn’t let himself reveal the real emotions that were there. He was a Luthor, he was taught to do that and Chloe couldn’t really hold it against him.

“It’s ok,” he suddenly said, closing himself off completely. “I understand, I really do. You can leave. I know your career is very important for you. It’s what you wanted all your life, long before I appeared in the picture,” he said, looking emptily at the wall ahead of him.

“Lex…” she started.

“It’s really fine,” he repeated. “You can’t sacrifice your whole life for somebody like me. I know I will never deserve it.”

“Lex…” she said his name again, this time it sounded like a plea. She got closer to him and put her arms around his body, feeling how stiff he was, how much he closed himself off on her.

The day before, even that morning, he’d been wonderful, tender, happy. He’d let himself show that he loved her.

Now it was all gone.

Still, she understood him. She knew him. That was his way of dealing with things. His way of dealing with lost.

She clung to his body even more, hating the moment she would have to let him go.

She could feel the ache in her heart that seemed to be tearing her chest apart.

Wait… did she really have to let him go? It wasn’t his decision to make. It was hers.

Then, just like that, it was decided. She wasn’t troubled by the choice she would have to make. She’d already chosen. She knew it deep down in her heart. Knew what would really bring her happiness. Knew what would bring her comfort, hold her at night, cherish her and love her.

She would not get that from her job.

She finally let him go, but not to leave, she was still sitting by his side.

She looked at the dinner that was waiting for them on the table and this time she wanted to cry from completely different reason.

“Lex, I love you and I choose you,” she said.

His body moved slightly and he turned his head aside to look at her. It was like he awaken from some trans.

“I don’t deserve you,” he told her loud and clear.

Only his eyes… his eyes were now… loving, so pleading, so lost and lonely.

She knew there was no way she would walk out his door now.

“And that is the very reason you do,” she told him. The decision had been made. There was nothing that would change her mind.

He sent her a confused look so she added, “you just told me you were ready to let me go even when you love me. You were ready to suffer through losing me, so I could have the life and the man I deserve. That is the very reason you are worthy of me, Lex. I don’t want anyone else but you.”

Present

Chloe could barely see the road ahead of her as she was crying so much her face was wet all over, tears streaming down her cheek.

That one night she’d just chosen Lex over everything else. She’d sacrificed everything for him and yet, she’d known it was the right decision. She could still remember how loving he’d been with her that night. How he’d taken her to his bed and given her one of the best nights in her life. He’d been do diligent, so thorough in making love to her, in cherishing her, showing her she was the one. Showing her how much he loved her and appreciated what she’d just done.

Why hadn’t he still appreciated her later on? Why had he buried himself in work for so long when he must remember that one night? How came the same person that was willing to let her go out of love could just… really let her go. Out of work this time.

And then she noticed she had a tail.

“Oh no!” she shouted when she realized Lex was after her, in her father’s car.

She speeded up, didn’t even know why, she just wouldn’t slow down, stop and let him talk to her. Why was she so stubborn?

Because she’d given up everything for him and was currently writing obituaries for the Planet instead of being an investigative reporter like she’d supposed to be. And how he’d returned the sacrifice? By taking over the LuthorCorp when his father died and leaving her all alone in their apartment.

Chloe didn’t pay any attention to what was going on around her.

Suddenly she heard Lex honking on her and then…

There was a turn and another car and she was coming right towards it…

She screamed and swerved, landing in a ditch, hitting her head.

The air bag went off just in time, so the impact wasn’t so powerful.

Thankfully, she didn’t hit the other car.

She heard somebody screaming like through some very thick fog. Then the door opened and there were hands all over her.

“Chloe! Chloe!! Love!! Are you alright?!” it was Lex’s terrified voice, checking her whole body, then gently lifting her head. “You have a pretty nasty cut here.”

She just started crying again.

“Chloe? Are you hurt?”

He cried harder.

“Honey, please, tell me what’s wrong. I need to get you to a hospital…” he decided for her and just undid her seat belt and then took her out of the car, carrying her gently to Gabe’s vehicle.

“Why?” he heard her desperately asking, sobbing frantically. “Why did you do this to me? After everything I’ve sacrificed to be with you?!”

“Because I was embarrassed of my own feelings,” she heard him finally saying as he reached the car and gently placed her in the front seat.

She just sat there, waiting for him to circle the car and get in on the opposite side.

“I don’t understand,” she admitted when he started the engine.

Lex didn’t answer. He just took off in the direction of Metropolis Healing Centre.

“Lex?” Chloe prompted. “I’m here and I have no other choice but to finally talk to you. So, I’m listening. And it’d better be good!” she snapped at him. Her head thumping painfully.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” he asked her.

“Yes, damn it! Besides the splitting headache I’m fine! TALK!”

He sighed.

“I made a conscious decision that I would get you back, so that is why I came here with you. I dropped all the work I had and I’m here for you, because I love you.”

“Still not convinced. What was it about your feelings? In the past you had plenty of those for me.”

“It’s not about you…” his voice trailed off. He was gripping the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles went white.

“So what it’s all about?” she asked, pretty irritated now. “You haven’t been having very much feelings for me for the last half a year.”

“The problem wasn’t you,” he said slowly, “and the problem wasn’t even that I didn’t have feelings. I actually had way too much of them.” He looked at her. “I never wanted to admit the truth and this is why I was so distant, so buried in work. It wasn’t about you, Chloe.”

“What is it, then?” she prompted.

“As I told you, I was embarrassed.”

“Of what?”

“Of how I felt about my father. Of what I felt when he… died,” Lex said bitterly.

And in that very moment Chloe begun to understand…

A/N I think the next chap may be the last one.
    Last edited by TrinityR; 26th April 2013 at 18:44.

NS Senior Member Senior Member HotCrossedBunny's Avatar

This is fantastic, I am so happy that they are finally talking. *Off to read the other one*

Quote Originally Posted by HotCrossedBunny View Post
    This is fantastic, I am so happy that they are finally talking. *Off to read the other one*
    thank you and... aw, really? I didn't know you liked Clark!! Thanks for you review! I don't know what happened to me but I'm crushing on Clark those days (just don't tell Lex He knows he'll always be the one <gigles>]

Yes really. I don't dislike Clark, in fact I have a bit of a crush myself but ohhhhhh just had an idea thanks! Yes, Lex will always be the one for me too ... and John Thornton.

Yes really. I don't dislike Clark, in fact I have a bit of a crush myself but ohhhhhh just had an idea thanks! Yes, Lex will always be the one for me too ... and John Thornton.
    idea? for a fic? ;p

A ficlit yes.

A ficlit yes.
    that's amazing!

Forgot : Becoming is actually taken from my older fanfic JeXVille. If anyone is interested in fiding out more about the past of Clark and Jessica, read there till the chapter Mortal. Only I introduced Lois Lane from the show there, so you kind of have to imagine she's not there in Becoming.

All I can say is... wow! That was brave of Lex! Will be waiting for the next update

whatta great story. loving it, can't wait to read more!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information