+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: To Find a Way Back [chlex NC17] completed: 25-04-2013

Re: To Find a Way Back [chlex NC17] updated: 12-04-2013

Great chapter!!!! Dinner with the Kent's was very interesting. Lex was throwing around the 'baby' word again. It was very interesting that Lex said he wouldn't have a baby with anyone, but Chloe.

These 2 and the sexual tension. They need to screw their brains out and then talk they're shit out.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

You know I want to feel bad for Chloe but I don't. All she has to do is really talk to him and see if it is worth saving. Go into counseling and have a professional help you communicate. Sheesh. Thanks for the update.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Full Member

It's so wonderful that Lex can read Chloe's mind. He knows exactly what she is thinking and he knows she still love him.

Great chapter!!!! Dinner with the Kent's was very interesting. Lex was throwing around the 'baby' word again. It was very interesting that Lex said he wouldn't have a baby with anyone, but Chloe.

These 2 and the sexual tension. They need to screw their brains out and then talk they're shit out. [tatie87]
    Ha, yeah, Lex would still very much like to have a child with Chloe and only Chloe.
    And yeah, you're about right about the second part, too.

You know I want to feel bad for Chloe but I don't. All she has to do is really talk to him and see if it is worth saving. Go into counseling and have a professional help you communicate. Sheesh. Thanks for the update. [hfce]
    Yes, but Chloe has a lot of issues. More about them in this chapter.
    And Lex has been really neglecting her constantly through those six months. Althought... <spoiler??> he also has his reason that he won't admit to

It's so wonderful that Lex can read Chloe's mind. He knows exactly what she is thinking and he knows she still love him. [trckyrcky]
    Oh yes, they love each other and really, really know each other well. That is why Lex's "betrayal" stung so much.

Part 6

Chloe walked inside the quiet and dimmed living room. The only source of light was coming from the fireplace, but even this flame seemed to be gradually getting smaller and smaller.

Well, it fitted her mood.

She trotted to it and slumped down on the floor, almost lifeless.

She began staring at the fading flames, feeling like they were hypnotizing her. They reminded her of her failing marriage.

Was there something to salvage? Chloe would like to believe that more than anything, but she felt humiliated, defeated. She wasn’t exaggerating, she wasn’t punishing Lex. She’d lost count how many times he’d stood her up somewhere close to the fourth month. In the sixth she failed for a divorce. She didn’t want a man who woke up to get her back only when she told him she would like to end the marriage. She wanted a man to whom she would be so important that he would just try to make it all up to her right away.

She hadn’t felt that much important to Lex recently. Only when they’d come here, but that… she couldn’t really let herself being overwhelmed by that since she was the one to ask him to put on a good show. And he was a splendid actor. She knew that better than anyone.

She finally let one stray tear flow down her cheek, but soon another followed and then, another…

Past

“I, Lex Luthor, take you, Chloe Sullivan, to be my wife. I promise to cherish you, to love you…” Lex was saying.

“…in sickness and health,” Chloe followed him, “till death do us part.”

The vowels were done.

She felt like she was marrying a prince in some fairy tale.

Of course princes weren’t usually of dark nature like Lex was and they never told in fairy tales about the very active and very adventurous sexual life of the couple, but still… it was like a grown up fairy tale to her. To just Chloe. Chloe who’d used to be the girl that no one had been noticing in high school. Chloe had always been a good friend, never a lover.

Till she had got closer to Lex. Till he had seen something in her that no one else had before.

With his love, the way he looked at her, touched her and cared about her, the way he was possessive of her and jealous of every guy she talked to… her self-esteem grew, make her feel pretty, even sexy. After all if a billionaire who could have every girl in the world chose her… then there must be something in that…

When they’d got together she’d suddenly found herself being surrounded by all different men that had kept asking her out. She’d been thrilled about that at first as it’d turned out the problem was, indeed, her, but not the way she looked, just the way she was acting, the way she saw herself. When she’d changed that perception, everything else had changed as well.

But for her only Lex existed.

And now they sealed their union with a kiss.

She knew there would never be anyone else for her. She knew she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him. She was so sure that he would always put her first.

Their first dance… their cake slicing... Chloe smeared the cream all over Lex’s face and then she giggled with genuine mirth on seeing his grumpy expression. That was just another reason to kiss him, to lick that cream off his face.

Present

Chloe cried ever harder at the memory of her licking the cake off Lex’s mouth and chin.

Somebody had even snapped a picture when she’d been doing that. Her father pretended it didn’t exist, but it was one of her and Lex’s favorite.

“Chloe?” she suddenly heard a quiet voice behind her and she jumped, then stealthily wiped her face with her sleeve. There were too many, she knew she wouldn’t be able to fool her.

“Tina,” she said and turned to her, looking up at her silhouette only partially lightened by the ceasing fire. “You startled me. What are you doing here?”

“I thought there was something wrong. You didn’t honestly think you would be able to fool me, did you?”

“Tina, it’s fine. I’m fine,” Chloe lied quickly and turned her face back to the fire.

“Stop lying to me, will you?” Tina said sharply and sat down on the carpet, right next to Chloe. “Uh, the floor isn’t as comfortable for me now as it was about ten years ago,” she complained.

“Then why don’t you just…” Chloe started, but was silenced by Tina’s hand gesture.

The older woman just reached for a cushion from the sofa and made herself more comfortable.

“Now, do tell,” she prompted, obviously waiting for Chloe to spill.

“Tina, it’s nothing…”

“If that was nothing you would be upstairs right now, in the arms of your beloved Lex, sleep or engaged in some…”

“Tina!”

“What? There’s nothing to be embarrass about. I’m not your mother, so you can talk to me about those things freely.”

“I… I…” Chloe stammered. “Yes, we’re having problems. In fact… it’s very serious… I didn’t want to upset dad after his operation, so…”

“You should work on problems, not running away from them.”

“It’s too late.”

“It’s never too late,” Tina assured her and placed her hand on Chloe’s shoulder. “Believe me.”

“But… you don’t even know what he did…”

“Did he cheat on you?”

“No,” Chloe answered immediately, outraged with that assumption, “Lex would never do something like that!”

“So, what’s the problem?”

“It’s complicated.”

“Chloe…” Tina sighed, “I’ve seen you two since the day you came here. Lex is just as I remembered him from your last visit. He loves you and cares about you. The look in his eyes…”

“I told him to. I asked him to play along, so that my father wouldn’t be hurt. I don’t want his health to deteriorate. You know how much he worries about me. He thinks that he has to be bothered by my problems even more, because my mother left me.”

“Chloe, don’t think about your father. Don’t think about the whole world. Just listen to your heart. What does your heart want?”

Chloe looked at the women with obvious expression in her eyes.

“But it’s not always that simple. Not in the real world.”

“Of course it’s not,” Tina agreed. “But if he didn’t cheat on you then nothing is irrevocable. Give him a second chance.”

“Only that would not be a second one,” Chloe snorted, “it would be like the two hundredth.”

His voice was coming from the well.

He was calling for her, for help, for somebody to save him. He was all alone. Lost in the darkness.

And she was afraid to jump there after him. She didn’t want to die, but yet, she didn’t want to live without him.

She hated herself for not being able to gather enough courage to follow him, even if that meant death in those depths.

“Lex!” she called his name. “LEX!”

“CHLOE! CHLOE!”

The whole world shook as she finally stepped over the edge and fell…

Chloe woke up and sat upright on the bed. Her body bathed in cold sweat as always when she was waking up from those terrible dreams. Her breathing erratic.

“Chloe! Chloe, I’m here,” she heard his voice and then, his arms were around her. Embracing her. His breath on her hair.

“Wh… what?” she asked, completely disoriented.

“You were throwing on bed and calling my name,” she heard the loved voice in her ear.

Her body shivered again, but now not from fear, this time it was desire, the closeness was too much. He was behind her now as she got up so violently and his arms were embracing her, his chest next to her back, his lips on her ear.

“Lex,” she squealed desperately.

“I’m here, honey. It’s alright, I’m here.” His hand kept stroking her hair.

Then she turned to look at him, still a little confused by the whole situation.

She just woke up, her mind was still a little fuzzy from that nightmare she had.

“Is this the first time?” Lex asked, clearly meaning the dreams.

She didn’t have any answer for him, because she didn’t want to give it.

“Chloe…” he put her hair back, then placed his hand on her cheek and looked her deeply in the eye. “Chloe, I…” he didn’t finish, because he closed the distance between them and just kissed her.

At the touch of his lips she forgot where they were or who they were. What was most important, she forgot what he’d done.

His kisses were burning her, setting her whole body on fire, making her restless. She needed him. All of him. Now. All over her. And inside.

She realized just now that his chest was bare, so she touched the smooth surface, grazed his nipples with her fingers. He moaned into her mouth and soon his hands were kneading her breast skillfully, her own nipples peaking through the thin fabric of her camisole.

Only when she felt him harden against her thigh, did she realize what was happening.

She jumped off the bed, got away from him so fast that she nearly lost her balance.

“Chloe,” he reached his hand to her, “Chloe, no. Chloe, wait!” he yelled, didn’t even care that others in the house might hear him.

It was too late though. The moment was broken. She disappeared in the bathroom and locked herself in there.

“Please, give me another chance!” he pleaded.

But she would not be one of those pathetic women that failed for a divorce only because they wanted their men back. She was too proud to use that last resort as a way to divert Lex’s attention back to her. It was too late. He couldn’t be forgiven. She wouldn’t feel like a second choice anymore.

In the past she’s been second to Lana, and that had never changed.

Now she was second to Lex’s job. And that would not change either.

And Lex wouldn’t be happy without his company. That was his life, his legacy, his money. He wouldn’t be able to exist in this world without the luxury of being a billionaire.

Maybe that was what eventually drew them apart.

Chloe splashed cold water over her face and told herself that Christmas eve was the next day. Then she would be able to just leave. Get out of there. Away from Lex.

A/N This Chlexy bitter-sweet morning is for you, HotCrossedBunny. You wanted Lex to be there for her the last time: )

NS Senior Member Senior Member HotCrossedBunny's Avatar

Thank-you, I knew that the little talk I had with him would pay off. It is so sad and yet interspersed with such happy memories, I think that that might be the genius of your work, just when you are about to break down into tears Chloe shoves a cake in Lex's face and licks off the cream. I really do want to hug them both though, I feel so bad. Can I have a guess about what Lex was up to? Does it include getting LuthorCorp ready so that there is less work for him to do and he can be a good Daddy and only work 5 days a week 9-3pm and have holidays?

Quote Originally Posted by HotCrossedBunny View Post
    Thank-you, I knew that the little talk I had with him would pay off. It is so sad and yet interspersed with such happy memories, I think that that might be the genius of your work, just when you are about to break down into tears Chloe shoves a cake in Lex's face and licks off the cream. I really do want to hug them both though, I feel so bad. Can I have a guess about what Lex was up to? Does it include getting LuthorCorp ready so that there is less work for him to do and he can be a good Daddy and only work 5 days a week 9-3pm and have holidays?
    Genius of my work? Aren't you exaggerating a little?
    But yeah, the cake was a good idea, wasn't it?;p

And no, this is not the reason

Nope, no exaggerating although I am in a very good mood due to toast with peanut butter!
    It was!

Okay, is it a bad thing? Like him losing the company? Do I need Bethany Bear?

No, it's not a bad thing, I just came up with a very good explanation;P It suits him
    Last edited by TrinityR; 16th April 2013 at 20:09.

Oh good, I didn't want it to be something sad.

NS Full Member

OOh :-( Chloe should just give Lex a second chance and let him shower her with love and gifts for the rest of her life.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information