+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To Find a Way Back [chlex NC17] completed: 25-04-2013

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

Re: To Find a Way Back [chlex NC17] updated: 04-05-2013

good story a little sad but i hope lex can win chloe back.

Members

Re: To Find a Way Back [chlex NC17] updated: 09-04-2013

More soon please.

Re: To Find a Way Back [chlex NC17] updated: 09-04-2013

I love this! I hope they'll get past this soon Thank you!

Members

Re: To Find a Way Back [chlex NC17] updated: 12-04-2013

thank you love it. I'm curious about lex plan

A/N Oh, guys, thank you for such interest in this story! HotCrossedBunny , starmoon, trinna, ladyfayerie and kiri88, I was going to update my Luthor Dynasty first, but you ask for another part so nicely that here you go!

Part 5

Chloe spent the day helping Tina in various house duties while Lex was hanging out with her father. It was perfect for her as she could reduce seeing her future ex husband to the minimum. Still, there was the approaching dinner with Lana and Clark. And Chloe really liked to see the latter, but she knew she would have to be sitting next to Lex, keep touching him, smiling to him. All so the Kents thought they were still so much in love.

Why couldn’t she just tell her father the truth? Why had he had to have that operation? It would’ve been so much easier for her if she could just come back home for Christmas and be herself. Be the Chloe whose heart was broken… It would’ve been painful, but easier, because she wouldn’t have to pretend so much. She could’ve just remembered the reason she’d left Lex and stopped thinking about their happy past.

“Oh, I’d better go get ready!” Chloe said on glancing at the kitchen clock.

Her father was watching a match on TV in the living room and she was pretty sure Lex was still with him. Not that she wanted to check, she preferred not to see him when she didn’t have to.

So she ran upstairs and swung the bathroom door open.

Froze when she saw Lex.

Lex that just came out of the shower and was now putting a towel around his hips.

Not that she actually saw the important parts, but she did see the lean side of him and the outline of one buttock.

She felt hot, couldn’t breathe. The images were there again, flashing back into her mind. Their bodies in the shower, kissing, their hands wandering around. Hot water spilling over their heads, breaths erratic. Wet thrusting. Their grunts. Lex’s perfect body…

“Chloe?” Lex asked, looking at her with slight amusement on his face.

“I thought you were watching the match with my father,” she said, still staring.

She noticed one drop of water that was now tracing a path down his chest, then it was on his abdomen and…

She was even more embarrassed, because she knew he knew how he just affected her.

“Never mind,” she said and closed the door shut. Then she came over to the window and opened it, trying to cool down.

But even the cold air couldn’t help. It’d been a while since she and Lex had had sex, so now Chloe felt uncomfortably wet. She really, really wanted… and she knew he would be more than eager to oblige…

Only she couldn’t. That would only lead her down the path of destruction and more pain. Nothing more.

She would give everything right now for the Christmas to be over. She just wanted to go to her new apartment, cradle in bed, eat ice creams and cry.

She deserved a weak moment after all that struggle after all!

“Are you alright?” she heard Lex’s voice behind her and almost jump.

“Yes, yeah… I was just…”

“I know,” he said, not waiting for her to answer.

Of course he knew.

“That doesn’t change anything,” she notified when she closed the window and turned to him.

Fortunately, he was dressed. His casual style that still seemed elegant. Black pants and light purple dress shirt.

“Ok… I’ll just… I’ll get ready and… we can go,” she said.

On her way to the door he stopped her while placing his hand on her wrist.

“Chloe…” he started. His voice so husky, so seductive. Even when he just said her name she felt shivers running down her spine. The longer they were apart, the more they wanted each other.

Maybe it was their curse. The ultimate doom. Why did they have to have such chemistry?

Chloe knew she was fooling herself that it was all there was. They had something much deeper, something that stayed under their skin even when they were apart.
    Something that she knew would never let her let go off him for good.

Only she had to. She would suffer through it. She would get through that Christmas, then she would be as far away from him as possible. Maybe at some point those yearning would cease. But she would still see him in the newspapers. Maybe even write about him if she wanted to come back to journalism…

She reminded herself that it wasn’t just a little thing that had pushed them apart. It’d been happening for over six months. She’d kept telling him he’d been neglecting her. But he hadn’t listened. Not once. Until it’d been just too much.

“Lex, don’t,” she said, her voice so quiet it could be a whisper.

“Chloe, we need to talk eventually. I mean, seriously talk.”

“Not now. We’ll be late.” She yanked her hand free and disappeared in the bathroom.

Yet, when there was a door barrier between them, she still could feel him all over her. He barely touched her, but it was like fire engulfed her. Lex was in her veins.
    When he got close he was like a magnet, turning her into an animal that didn’t want to think, just feel. And that was dangerous. She could succumb.

She took a couple of deep breaths and decided to take a cold shower.

She needed it as all she saw was their bodies copulating in a different shower, much bigger, in their penthouse in Metropolis.

“Why are you shaking?” Gabe asked Chloe when she finally got down the stairs, ready to go.

Lex was already standing by the door, holding her coat.

She didn’t look at him, because she knew he deciphered her perfectly again. He knew she’d tak a cold shower to keep her mind at reason. She hated that it told him that she was still under his charm. And that she could get sick.

“Chloe bear,” Gabe repeated as she didn’t answer him, this time using her pet name. He hadn’t called her that for a very long time. Actually, he’d stooped in the day of her wedding when she’d got angry with him for that. She’d said then that she was a grown up and she refused to be treated as a child. Especially when she was marrying Lex Luthor.

“I’m fine, dad.”

“Maybe you should stay home?” Gabe asked.

“I really want to see Clark and Lana,” she protested and reached for her coat.

Lex didn’t give it to her, he helped her into it and then, when she was dressed, she felt his hands running up and down her arms, then his body pressing into her from behind.

She got hot again in a matter of seconds.

Gabe just shook his head.

“I guess you have your own private heater,” he remarked and at that, Chloe’s face got red.

“Silly girl,” she heard Lex’s whisper in her ear when they were going out. “What were you thinking? Was getting sick one of your ways of getting over me?”

Gabe couldn’t hear him, but Chloe really wanted to just kick Lex in the shin now.

When they found themselves outside, the door closed behind them, she turned to him with fury. “Who the hell do you think you are?! I am getting over you, you pompous narcissistic ass!”

“Really?” One of his eyebrows elevated in amusement.

“Oh, go fuck yourself!” She cursed and jumped into the car.

Lex just shook his head, barely keeping himself from bursting out laughing.

When they stood in front of Kent’s door their hands joined. They also forced smiles on their faces.

“Chloe! Lex!” Lana opened, eyeing them happily. “So good to see you both!... Clark, they’re here!” she yelled.

“Coming!” they heard Clark’s voice and then his feet on the stairs.

He appeared next to Lana.

“Chloe, Lex, come in. So good to see you!”

“You, too, Clark, you, too,” Lex said and put his hand on the middle of Chloe’s back and nudged her, so she would go inside first.

“Clark, hi!” she said and gave him a hug.

Somehow it was a little bit tighter than she expected. Seeing her old friend really got to her. She was so sad inside as her life was crumbling to pieces right in front of her and Clark was happy. He was happy with Lana. And their marriage was apparently working. It wasn’t that Chloe was jealous. Whatever she’d felt towards Clark in the past was long gone, replaced by something thousand times stronger. And now that something was gone as well.

“Lana.” Chloe now turned to her friend. “Nice to see you again.”

Soon, they were led to the living room that looked exactly the same as Chloe remembered.

“Yes, we still haven’t changed anything. I like that is exactly like the house I grew up in,” Clark said on seeing that Chloe looked around.

“Lana didn’t mind?” Chloe asked, finally sitting next to Lex on the sofa.

He immediately swung his arm around her, so now she was pressed against the side of his chest. She tried not to think of the heat his body was generating and his breath she could feel on her hair.

“No, not really,” Clark answered. It sounded just liked Lana.

“How’s your mother, Clark?” Chloe asked, doing all she could to occupy her thoughts with anything but not the person next to her. And actually she would really like to know about Martha Kent.

“She’s still the senator, of course. She’ll get here in Christmas eve.”

“She’s that busy, hah?”

“Yes, but she’s doing so much good for this world that I’m very proud of her.”

“I bet you are.” Chloe grinned at him.

“Clark! Come, help me with those plates!” Lana’s voice came from the kitchen.

“Be right back!” Clark said cheerfully.

“Maybe I can help?” Chloe suggested.

“Oh no, you’re guests. Just stay here.”

When Clark disappeared Lex just took Chloe’s face in his hands and pressed his lips to hers.

“What are you… Mhhmm…” she was shut down by the power of his skillful mouth and tongue.

Before she realized, she was completely captivated by his ministrations.

“I see some things never change,” they heard Lana and finally, Chloe was released from Lex.

He just sent her a look that she read as he’d done what she’d wanted from him. And she’d wanted him to make Lana and Clark believe they’d still been a happy couple, madly in love. Chloe knew she couldn’t really hold it against Lex, but she hated it nevertheless. It didn’t help at all.

“Now, come to the dining table,” Lana invited them, so they heaved themselves up from the sofa and took their seats by the table. Lana and Clark sitting on the opposite side.

“So, how you’ve been?” Clark asked while slicing the chicken.

“Good, although Lex’s been overworking himself that past… week,” Chloe corrected herself just in time not to say the past six months.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Lana said, “it’s because of your father’s death? I’m sorry for that, too.”

“He wouldn’t deserve you to be sorry, but thank you,” Lex said, seeking Chloe’s hand under the table.

Did he really have to be that deliberate? She thought.

“And Lana, you still work in the Talon?” Chloe asked.

“Yeah, I love my job there,” Lana confirmed.

When Lex had left Smallville for good he’d sold Lana the Talon for symbolic amount of money. Clark was working on the farm and together, they got by somehow. They were leading the exact same life as Clark’s parents had been.

About five minutes later Lex bent down to Chloe, pretending he whispered something into her ear.

She shivered again when she felt his breath on her cheek and then a gentle kiss right next to her earlobe.

“Nice to see you two are still so much in love with each other.” Lana smiled to them, noticing it again.

“Oh, yes. We never get enough of each other,” Lex confirmed and smiled to old friends.

Chloe never thought herself to be above the Kents, but she’d thought once she’d been very lucky. Maybe luckier than Lana. She’d had Lex. She’d loved him so much and he’d been for sure so much better than Clark. Not only in bed. Not that she’d checked, but Lex had had a reputation of promiscuity. Before he’d fallen for her that was.

“Yes, and actually…” Lex started, “we decided to get pregnant.”

Why Chloe had to drink something every time Lex mentioned children? Now she was sipping water from her glass. She managed not to choke and not to scream at him, “WHAT”.

But she did kick him under the table. His smile not fading, even though it must’ve hurt.

She was broken when he was so close and he was only making things worse.

“Oh,” Lana said and her face immediately dimmed.

“Did I say something wrong?” Lex asked, his smile gone as well.

“No, nothing,” Lana shook her head. “Just forgive me… we…”

“Yeah,” Clark said and put his hand over Lana’s on the table. “We’ve been trying for a child for a while now and… nothing.”

“Oh, I’m so sorry.” Chloe genuinely was. She could kick Lex the second time for that faux pas. But after all, how was he supposed to know? “Have you tried to get some medical advice?”

“We have,” Lana nodded and looked at Clark as she was looking for some confirmation.

He nodded and started, “It’s me. I can’t have children.”

“I’m sorry, Clark,” Lex said.

Chloe knew it was honest, because she was sure as Lex inherited the family company he would want to have an heir one day to follow into his footsteps.

Only she wouldn’t be the one to give it to him.

Something in her heart clenched as she thought of a possible new Mrs. Luthor that would give Lex a child. That seemed too intimate, too bonding. She knew there was plenty of couple raising children from their previous marriages, but it wasn’t the same. She just couldn’t stand the idea of Lex having a child with anybody else besides her. Of Lex impregnating some other woman…

“Chloe, are you alright?” Lana asked her, looking at her with worry.

“Oh, sorry… Yes, of course I am alright. I just…”

“I believe Chloe is afraid it could happen to us as well,” Lex said. And he was so right. She could swear again that he read her correctly. He knew it wasn’t about infertility at this point, but about them breaking up, getting a divorce. And then he would have to produce an heir whether he wanted it or not. At least Chloe thought that way.

“I’m sorry,” Chloe said again, “it’s awful of me to think…”

“It’s not awful, it’s natural,” Lana assured her. “I would think of it, too, if I were you.”

“Is there any chance for you after all?” Lex asked. “Maybe some treatment? In vitro? Have you thought of that? If it’s about money I can help. Anything for my friends,” he reassured them.

“Oh, Lex, we wouldn’t be able to…” Clark started.

“Why not?” Chloe asked. “You two have been there for us many times in the past. The least we can do is help. If you need something, just call.”

“LuthorCorp is sponsoring fertility research as well,” Lex informed, “so that would really be no problem. It wouldn’t even cost me much.”

“Thank you, Lex, we really appreciate that,” Clark finally said.

“We’ll talk about it later and we’ll see,” Lana agreed.

“Nice one, Lex!” Chloe scolded him when they were back in their car.

“What?”

“Trying for a child?! Really?”

“I believe my exact words were about to start, not already…”

“Doesn’t matter!” she interrupted him. “It hurt them! It hurt me!”

Lex looked at Chloe and held her gaze, “First of all, if I hadn’t mentioned it I wouldn’t have been able to actually help them. Now I can and I will, because they are my friends. Second of all, just for the record, I will not have a child with another woman, so you can put your worried mind at rest.”

“What?! … Wh… WHAT?!” she sputtered. “I didn’t…”

“Yes, you did,” he just said and got out of the house.

The road from Kents’ farm to Gabe’s house was very short so, as soon as they came back, Lex just disappeared in the house, not even trying to pretend. He didn’t wait for her.

She was scared what her father would think.

Fortunately, when she got inside herself, she realized her father was long asleep.

She didn’t go straight upstairs. She wanted a respite from seeing Lex, from being in his company. She didn’t know how long she would take it.

Only three more days and she would be back home… she comforted herself.
    Last edited by TrinityR; 14th April 2013 at 18:35.

NS Senior Member Senior Member HotCrossedBunny's Avatar

*Dances around the thread but then stops and looks seriously at you* Now TrinityR, are you taking some sort of writing enhancing drugs? Because this is unnaturally good for anyone in the world. This is a safe space, you can tell us. *nods*

That was brillinat. It is so sad that they aren't together but they are still so great together. Yummy Lex being a personal heater. He cares about her not getting ill, love him. Love Chlex all of the way through but I was a little annoyed about the invitro thing, Clark was adopted but his first though is not adoption? Love that Lex knows what is going on in Chloe's mind. Love it love it love it!

I thought that his wife's name was Trinna, not Annie?

Quote Originally Posted by HotCrossedBunny View Post
    *Dances around the thread but then stops and looks seriously at you* Now TrinityR, are you taking some sort of writing enhancing drugs? Because this is unnaturally good for anyone in the world. This is a safe space, you can tell us. *nods*

That was brillinat. It is so sad that they aren't together but they are still so great together. Yummy Lex being a personal heater. He cares about her not getting ill, love him. Love Chlex all of the way through but I was a little annoyed about the invitro thing, Clark was adopted but his first though is not adoption? Love that Lex knows what is going on in Chloe's mind. Love it love it love it!

I thought that his wife's name was Trinna, not Annie?

Uh oh!! It's your fault! You keep mentioning Annie and I've just taken up! Thanks for poiting out that mistake, I'll correct it right away!!

And it was Tina

No, I'm not taking anything. Seriously, I just write... but I'm honored you loved it so much

And to be honest... I completely forgot the adoption thing, uppsss... but you know, Lana would want to have her own child, so I will elaborate on it.

Ha ha I'm going to see if I can make her non-canon by the end of the year. That and Chloe Bear, where does that name come from? Was it used on the show?

Hmmmm ... Okay, I'll believe that you aren't taking anything although millions wouldn't. ;p

He he yep, I believe that Lana would be that selfish!

Quote Originally Posted by HotCrossedBunny View Post
    Ha ha I'm going to see if I can make her non-canon by the end of the year. That and Chloe Bear, where does that name come from? Was it used on the show?

Hmmmm ... Okay, I'll believe that you aren't taking anything although millions wouldn't. ;p

He he yep, I believe that Lana would be that selfish!

I'm pretty sure Gabe called Chloe Chloe bear at some point, maybe at the LuthorCorp tour so she was embarasses by it.
    And just for the record, I didn't still the idea of Gabe's new wife from you. I need Tina for something, you'll find out in the next chapter.
    I just heard Annie so many times that I have the impression she's canon lol

I loved that episode, I'll have to go and rewatch it.

I know that you didn't, Tina is nothing like Annie. You just got the names confused, like it I call a boy Lex because I have been reading too many fanfics ... wait, not that's not quite the same thing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information