+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Posting Error

Posting Error

I tried to create a new post in the Fanfiction forum. The post is there but, when I open it, I get a page with this message.

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /showthread.php/8821-Chloe-and-Lex’s-Sims-Adventure could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at forums.naughty-seduction.net Port 80

Could someone please a) tell me what I did wrong, and b) delete the thread? Because I can't delete or edit anything.

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Re: Posting Error

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyblue View Post
    I tried to create a new post in the Fanfiction forum. The post is there but, when I open it, I get a page with this message.

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /showthread.php/8821-Chloe-and-Lex’s-Sims-Adventure could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at forums.naughty-seduction.net Port 80

Could someone please a) tell me what I did wrong, and b) delete the thread? Because I can't delete or edit anything.
    I'll take a look at it

If you go via this link, it seems to work http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/...Sims-Adventure

How did you get to that page? Did you create the thread, and then get re-directed (to the error page)? Or did you click on a link somewhere?
    Last edited by Julie; 14th January 2013 at 09:12.
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    I'll take a look at it

If you go via this link, it seems to work http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/...Sims-Adventure
    Thanks for the quick response. I swear, I thought I broke something somehow.

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyblue View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. I swear, I thought I broke something somehow.
    No worries, these things happen! The reason I suspect is because of the apostrophe (') in the thread title. Things like these are a bit picky when it comes to apostrophes. Usually the code can handle itself, but sometimes it gets a hiccup! Let me know if you experience the error (or any other) again
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    No worries, these things happen! The reason I suspect is because of the apostrophe (') in the thread title. Things like these are a bit picky when it comes to apostrophes. Usually the code can handle itself, but sometimes it gets a hiccup! Let me know if you experience the error (or any other) again
    Thanks so much. I now have a deathly fear of apostrophes, but what can you do?

Is there any way to delete the thread I started in the Fanfiction Discussion thread, here:

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/...-Lex-and-Chloe

I don't think there's a way for me to do it.

Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information