+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Agents (Chlex; NC17; AU) completed: 11.12.12

Agents (Chlex; NC17; AU) completed: 11.12.12

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rating: NC17
    Summary: Chloe and Lex meet again after 10 years. He thought she was killed, because she was about to testify against his father, but instead Chloe was recruited by CIA and now is an agent.
    Hey, I know, those of you who read something of mine earlier would probably say that I promised not to write anything long, because I wanted to focus on my original books. Well, that was true, I still want to, but while going through my folder where I had all my ideas I found a couple that I definitely won’t write, because I don’t want to go into that particular direction. This is one of those.
    I adjusted this to Chlex, but it’s AU. Chloe is a CIA agent and meets Lex again in unusual circumstances. There will be three parts (all published here) and lots of chapters. Now I’m not able to say how long it’ll be or how long I’ll be writing it. I have a lot on my head right now, of course my priority is getting my BA degree, but I’ll still have some time for making videos (for those who subscribe my YouTube channel) and writing my original work and this one.

Don't own any SV connected things (only the plot stripped off the show relations is mine)
    I needed a second female character, so there will be Lana in this story. She seemed to be the perfect choice, because of the connection she has to Chloe, but there WILL BE NO LEXANA, so don’t worry. Lana will surprise you all, I can’t tell how and whether she’ll be good or bad, but I have one request:
    I love Lana’s character, so please, keep your hate out of this theme, ok? Comment her character in this story, not the one in Smallville. I promise she won’t be pining over Lex!
    Actually, this is my first AU Smallville work that will be written like a book, so I’m pretty excited. I never had any longer Chlex and anything that was not the canon, unless it was post finale. I have two stories about Lex/OC, but they’re short.

No infringement intended. I do not own any Smallville’s plot or characters.
    Only the outline of the plot – without any Smallville background and the characters’ past - is mine.

PROLOG:
    Lex Luthor walked over to his desk while sipping another glass of his expensive scotch.

He sat down in his comfortable chair and looked into the fire that was cracking in the fireplace. Then he put the glass down on his desk and hid his face in his hands.

What should he do? What was he supposed to do?

What did he really want?

He sighed heavily while thinking about Chloe Sullivan. That small and inconspicuous, but in the same time witty and brave blond high school reporter.

Lex still couldn’t figure out what was it about that girl that was driving him to her, attracting him. He thought he’d experienced everything when it came to men and women relations. He’d been in love, he’d even gotten married, twice. He thought he knew everything there was to know. After Helen had deceived him he’d given up on love for good, he’d been satisfying his needs while sleeping with an unknown amount of brunettes, but with time he’d been getting more bored and bored…

Then Chloe Sullivan entered the picture while asking him for help. That seemed to change everything.

Suddenly he felt alive again, ecstatic, on fire once more. And he started to wonder if he’d ever felt that way before. Sure, Chloe was in high school, but she was graduating this year and there would be no valid reason for him as not to actually pursue her.
    There was only one problem – his father.

Chloe was a witness now, she was about to take Lionel down, put him in prison for good. She was the only one who could do that and her safety had to come first.

Yes, Lex could tell her that he would like them to be more than just friends, but he was hesitant. He didn’t want her to feel obligated if she rejected him. He didn’t want her to feel like she owed his something for protecting her from his father.

He was Lex Luthor, not some horny teenager, he could wait. There was no rush. He’d gotten burned and used by the opposite sex so many times that he had no intention to rush now, even though he knew Chloe was different than all the others.

Chloe Sullivan vigorously rubbed her eyes.

She was working too hard.

She was sitting in her Torch office, probably being the very last person in the building at such a late hour, and working on her next article. Add to that the fact the she was constantly afraid that something might happen to her. She’d even had a fight with Lex earlier on about her walking around without protection. Chloe remembered how she told him that she could take care of herself, but she knew they were just empty words. She needed him and he needed her, so she decided that she would agree to some discreet bodyguard that would watch over her. It was still very early and no one important knew about what she and Lex were planning to do, but still, Lionel’s resourcefulness had no boundaries. He’d proven that before, so she shouldn’t expect nothing less now.

The other reason why she was such a mess were also her feelings. Yeah, she was going to be the key witness in Lionel Luthor’s trial, she had the last year of school on her mind, the Torch, exams… and she was worrying about her feelings toward Lex

It was wrong, she was telling to herself. She came to him for help, not for affection, but she couldn’t help thinking about him in that special way. What more, she was pretty sure he was getting more and more interested in her as well. She could notice it in his eyes. There was always some special bond between them, some intimacy that only they alone could share. It was that way since their first meeting and only deepened later on. They hadn’t been spending too much time together, but their sharing encounters were always meaningful and full of strange tension. She could still remember how she’d gotten infected in one of LuthorCorp’s facilities and obtained the power to make people tell her the truth to every question possible. The way Lex had confessed to her that he only wanted his father to love him shattered her somehow. She felt like since that time one tiny piece of her soul escaped, was separated from her and wandered toward Lex. It was silly, she knew that, but it felt that way. She’d never been able to look at him in the same way again. Now, she saw a human.

With another sigh she stood up and picked all her things up from the desk, then she thrust them to her bag and prepared to leave.

Five minutes later she was leaving the school premise.

She decided to agree to Lex’s proposal and let him hire a bodyguard.

She wasn’t safe anymore.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, two big grown up men in black suits appeared right in front of her.

She didn’t even manage to scream, because her voice was somehow stuck in her tightened throat.

Oh, no, she thought, no, please! Let them not be Lionel’s people! I want to live! I want… I want to see Lex again…
    She thought about his cold blue gray eyes that seemed to be lightened up with a warm flickers only when she was around, about the way how he looked at her, how he talked to her… their famous word sparing…

“Chloe Sullivan?” one of the men asked.

Lex was driving so fast that it was a miracle that he got to the LuthorCorp without an accident.

He parked the car on the sidewalk, jumped out of his vehicle and after slamming the door shut, ran toward the door.

“Mr Luthor, I have to take your car to…” the foreman started, but Lex ignored him. “Mr Luthor, your keys!! You can’t park here!”

“I can park wherever I fucking want!” Lex snapped at him without giving him a glance and found himself inside his father’s company.

Disbelief.

Pain.

Agony.

Guilt.

That how it was. That how he felt. One feeling came and soon was replaced by another. Like a flood.

He failed her.

Failed her.

He had no idea how to live from now on, how to cope with that fact. No idea what to do.

He was confused and hurt. Never felt that way before. Of course, he’d lost some women in his life before, but it was never like that. He’d felt deceived then, his heartbreaks hadn’t been that much important like that stinging betrayals, but now…

Now he didn’t know what to do, what to think. He was torn between that horrible, agonizing pain in his heart and that guilt he felt.

Why had he listened to her? Why hadn’t he just hired a body guard after all? She would’ve never even known! Lex’s bodyguards could be discreet! They could be just unnoticeable shadows…

But it wasn’t only his fault. He wasn’t the one responsible after all.

They didn’t know who did it. There was no evidence that would point toward his father. No evidence at all.

And Chloe Sullivan was dead.

Along with her father.

Lex finally got to the top floor and strode right into Lionel’s office

The younger Luthor pushed the door open so hard that it slammed against the wall and got to his father who was sitting behind his desk.

“Lex, what…” Lionel started, completely baffled, but before he could say something more Lex grabbed the fabric of his jacket up front and pulled him to a standing position.

“WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO HER?! WHY?!” he roared and shook his father like he was just a rag doll.

“Lex… Lex, calm down…” Lionel started, clearly terrified. “Are you having another breakdown? Remember when in BelleReve…”

“I’M TALKING ABOUT CHLOE! CHLOE SULLIVAN! DOES THAT NAME RING A BELL?!”

“Son… what happened?” Lionel asked even more bewildered.

“She’s… dead! She’s dead! And you killed her! You killed her father as well!!” Lex’s voice faltered and Lionel could hear the despair in it clearly.

Lex took his hands off his father while shaking him one last time and turned round, his face contorted in pain, tears in his eyes. He was trembling. It was like just now, when he finally said those words at loud, they really sank in and the reality hit him even harder. He was swept off his feet.

She was really dead.

And he didn’t save her.

All because he wanted to respect her decision. He’d listened to her instead of his instinct.

“Ms Sullivan is dead? I had no idea… why do you think I killed her? And what more important… were you two close? Is she… was she even legal?”

Lex wanted to snap his father’s neck like a twig.

He took a deep breath instead and said:

“Don’t play innocent on me. You had to somehow find out about everything. You had to…” He didn’t turn back to face him though.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about, son and… frankly, such infatuation is just humiliating. How old was she?”

Lex took a swing and while turning around he hit his father in the face.

“You killed her!” Then he jumped to the older Luthor.

“Mr Luthor!” In the very same moment the guards came in and pulled him away from his father who was wiping the blood off his mouth.

“You killed her! You’ll pay for that! You’ll rot in jail!!” Lex kept screaming at him while the armed men were taking him out of the office.

Well… Lionel didn’t pay. At least not like Lex intended him to.

And Chloe and Gabe’s killer was never really found…

Lex spent the whole next year trying to prove that his father was guilty. It was all fruitless, but not even for one moment did he doubt that Lionel did this.

It had to be him.

Then, surprisingly Lionel was sentenced to life imprisonment. Not for the murder of Chloe and Gabe Sullivan, but for his previous crimes.

The trial was secret, no one was allowed in, not even Lex, what surprised him. Who found enough evidence to sentence Lionel? Who needed to be so discreet as not to even tell the truth to Lionel’s only living son?

The answer was only one: the government.

But it also meant that it had nothing to do with Chloe.

She was dead.

Couple of years later his father died in prison, liver disease.

Lex was left completely alone. Broken. Immersed into his business, immersed into running the LexCorp as not to be able to have any time to think about his painful past.

There was never any other woman than Chloe and there would never be. He even stopped sleeping with brunettes.

Ok, so that was the prolog. The next part will be the chapter 1 – 10 years later.
    I hope you liked it : )
    Last edited by TrinityR; 26th July 2013 at 20:19.

Members

Re: AGENTS (Chlex; NC17; AU) updated: 6.10.12

that was really good, love the idea of Chloe being an agent. can't wait to see how they meet again.

Members

thank you. can't wait for the next chapter

Nice start. I for one am not a Lana fan but when she is well written into a fanfic story I do enjoy the read. Looking foreword to seeing where you go with this.

Thank you guys for your warm comments!! It means a lot

Sorry for my spelling mistakes. I know what you might all be thinking… that girl is talking about writing actual books and she has no idea how to write correctly. Well, it’s not true. English is not my first language and my original work is being written in my language, so probably it’s much better. Only if I did that with my fanfictions no one would read them.
    I will not have a beta, sorry, don’t push me, don’t ask me why.
    If you see some very outrageous mistake – you can just tell me, I won’t be mad.

PART 1

Chapter 1

10 years later…

“What the fuck is she doing?!”

“Watchtower!” Chloe’s outburst was immediately followed by her handler’s reprimand.

“I’m sorry, sir, but Raven got the wrong corridor. Just look!” Chloe, still exasperated, handed Carter her tablet. It showed the blueprints of the building where they were notified was the bomb.

“Shit!” Carter cursed as well. “How much time do we have?”

“Not enough. She’ll never get to the bomb on time to disarm it, sir,” other agent said.

“Raven! Raven! Do you hear me?! Over!” Carted yelled, but there was just silence on the other side. “What did she do with her headphone that she can’t hear me?”

“I told you it was a horrible idea to send her on that mission instead of me!” Chloe huffed, stood up, put on a bullet proof vest on and took her gun with her.

“And what do you think you’re doing? We’ll just evacuate the building. It’ll be a waste, but fortunately it’s not some important old monument.” Carter stopped her.

“I will not let her die like that. This is just stupid.”

“She’ll get out with the rest of the people!”

“No, she won’t. She’ll try to get to the bomb anyway. You know her quick temper.”

Carted sighed heavily.

“Alright, go on. Just… don’t get killed.”

“I won’t,” Chloe grinned, but it was a rather false smile, just to make them all feel better.

She grabbed the handle of the door and was outside in no time. Then she briskly walked over to the back door of the building.

She knew that the day Lana Lang had become an agent was the day of her own personal doom. Had no one actually seen back there that she wouldn’t be a good one? But yeah, Chloe knew exactly why her friend had been recruited. Lana had an exceptional gift when it came to undercover missions. Her tasks usually were to seduce the target at some party. It was very rarely that sleeping with a target came into the picture, but sometimes it was a necessary evil. Lana was the best. It made Chloe feel a little bitter. Not because she would like to be on her place, but because she’d always had that complex that she wasn’t good enough when the raven beauty appeared.

Watchtower was already inside and while looking at the blueprints she started running, toward the corridor where Raven AKA Lana Lang had wandered.

Perfect, she’ll just get me killed! Why do I always feel responsible for her?! It’s not my fault that she joined CIA!!

None of this would’ve happened if only Lana hadn’t bumped into Chloe on her secret mission five years ago.

Chloe had already been a respectful and very successful agent and she’d been hoping for some promotion after that job and… boom, everything had seemed to be ruined when Lana had suddenly yelled: “Oh my GOD!! Oh… my… God!! Chloe! CHLOE! I thought you were dead! How come you’re alive?!”

If only she hadn’t said those words about Chloe being presumably dead…

The mission had been risky enough and then, when Lana had spoke, Chloe had known she wouldn’t be able to pretend that the brunette had confused her with somebody else. She’d known that her cover had been blown apart and that she’d had to run and she’d had to do it fast. Plus – save Lana’s ass.

And that had been it. That was how it’d all begun…

When you crossed paths with CIA or, even worse, recognized some of their agents, blew some covers almost getting an agent killed while you were facing a new threat of being killed by the bad guys… there were only two options: witness protection program or… recruitment.

To Chloe it was still a mystery why Lana had actually chosen the second option. Knowing her friend from the times in Smallville
    Watchtower would say that Lana would definitely chose the first one. She was that kind of a girl who would welcome a opportunity for a new life, new name and new friends with open arms.

But it hadn’t happened.

And it’d screw Chloe’s job. Now she felt responsible for Raven like it was her damn fault that her friend had been dragged into all that mess!

Now Lana wanted to play a real agent and after a years of training, psycho evaluation and hundreds of simulation she was let to.

Wrong. Chloe huffed and speeded up a little bit.

How much time she had before the bomb would go off?

And what was wrong with that connection anyway? Had Lana never turned it on when she’d left the van?

Chloe wouldn’t be surprised since her friend was so giddy and excited about her real mission. Like seducing guys wasn’t a real one! That was the best thing Raven was good at, so the CIA should just stick with it! But no, they were hard times, there were too little recruitments and too many bad guys. And that bomb was connected to one of the most wanted and that was the only reason CIA was taking care of it.

The building must’ve been already evacuated, so Chloe and Lana were the only people left.

“La… Raven!” Chloe yelled, quickly switching to Lana’s codename. That was the protocol. “RAVEN!” She finally got to the end of the corridor and noticed some silhouette. “Raven?”

“Chl… Watchtower?” she heard in response. “Something’s wrong…” Lana was clearly terrified. “I lost my way… my PDA isn’t working… I couldn’t hear any of you and I can bet you didn’t hear me…”

“Well, yeah. That’s the problem. Come on! The bomb will go off soon!” Chloe took her arm and pulled her toward the entrance.

“But… we were suppo…”

“There’s no time! You failed!” Watchtower snapped and that shut Lana down.

Suddenly, the blond felt sorry for her friend. It seemed not to be entirely Raven’s fault. There was some technical malfunction in her gear, she’d taken the wrong corridor, probably thought she could tell from memory…

Agent has to have a perfect memory, Chloe sighed.

“Come on! Faster!!!”

They were speeding as fast as they could, Lana following Chloe since she had no idea where the exit was.

“Oh no! Lana! Faster!” Chloe squealed while glancing at the counter on her wrist. “We have... seconds!!”

They jumped out of the building in the exact moment the bomb went off and after a few fast lapses they were thrown into the air and finally, they hit the ground, landing on a grass.

Chloe felt like she was hit by a truck. Her whole body was in pain, she had dust in her eyes, her head was thumping and she was pretty sure she lost her hearing for a moment.

Then, the first thing she heard was Lana’s moan.

Good, that meant they were both alive after all.

Chloe took a deep breath and forced herself to raise up, if only to a sitting position that would be great.

“Are you ok?!” she heard some voices from the distance and soon they were right by their side, touching them, so they could check if anything was broken or badly hurt.

“You’re fine…” Carter sighed with relief. “Except that gush on your cheek, Watchtower. It must’ve happened when you fell.”

Chloe blindly raised her hand to her cheek to find blood there. She could not tell what the wound looked like, but it was stinging like hell.

“Raven?” she asked to her right where she knew Lana had landed. “Are you ok?”

“Ye… yes…” Lana squealed, avoiding her eyes. “I’m sorry… I…”

“Show me that…” A technician took a small device out of her ear. “It broke down. I’m sorry. I don’t know how it happened.”

“You better make sure it won’t happen the next time! Our agents’ lives depend on it!” Carter snapped at him.

“I was trying to upgrade it and tests went just fine…”

“Just go away from my sight!”

“Chloe… you saved my life,” Lana suddenly said like she realized it just now. “Oh god… you… you could die there with me, but you saved me. Thank you so much…” She was practically crying now.

“It’s ok, Lana, it’s ok…” Chloe took her friend into her arms and while rubbing her back and soothing her she sighed again.

Lana Lang would be her death one day.

“I think you need to shorten your hair a little bit,” Lana said when she let Chloe off her arms. “It’s slightly burned on the bottom.”

Chloe couldn’t believe that her friend would really notice or care about something like that when they should be both dead, but did not say a thing, instead she took her hair in her hands and checked it up. It was too long anyway, she thought, because now she had hair even longer than Lana who always had it the same way.

“You’ll shorten it a little bit and we’ll have the same length,” Raven prattled on, then she tried to stand up. She hissed immediately.

“What’s wrong?” Chloe got concerned, immediately forgetting about how mad she used to be at her. After all, she was the only thing that connected Chloe to Smallville. The only one from her past. Not the one Chloe would like, but… it was enough after all, the blond told herself while ignoring the wave of sudden pain that took over her body. She would be strong. Like she always had. And she would work until she would forget again. That was her recipe for life.

Carter ripped Lana’s sleeve open and they could see that she was burnt a little.

“It’s nothing,” he said casually. “Nothing that would leave a permanent damage. Come on. We have to bail before too many people come to watch the show.”

They all got to the car and drove away.

Chloe was watching the smoking ruins from the distance… and they looked exactly like her life for the last ten years.

Would the pain ever end? She asked herself.

She hoped for better days, but what was in front of her would be only getting darker and darker…

After all they said it was always the darkest before the dawn…

“We have to fix this pretty face of yours,” said Mike, CIA’a stylist, pure gay, while covering the nasty cut on Chloe’s face. “Don’t worry, hon. It’ll be gone soon and your face will be beautiful again.”

“Aha… ok…” Chloe sighed while watching her reflection idly.

“What’s wrong, hon?” the question followed immediately. Mike was excellent in recognizing his female agents’ mood.

“Nothing… it’s just…” Chloe started again after a couple of seconds. “Do you think Lana is more pretty than me?”

It was silly to ask, she knew that. Those years in high school when Chloe had been notoriously missed because of the queen Lang were long gone, but… she had no one, she was a CIA agent, something that she would never get out of, she had no perspectives for starting a family in the future since she was working for one of the secret kind of CIA’s brands and now she had that nasty cut on her face. Ok, agents were always well taken care of, but… Lana could cover her burn with a long sleeve dress on the party they were going. Chloe couldn’t just put a veil on her face!

“Honey, you are worth ten times more than Lana,” Mike whispered quietly into Chloe’s ear. “She is beautiful, yes, I agree, she is pretty smart too, but when it comes to being friendly… she’s always acting like she was above us all. It’s not even her fault, she was raised that way, praised by her beauty and she’s used to been wanted, but… you are much more special, Chloe. You are human. Though you are an agent you still feel for people, you are not just a deadly machine or some cold drop dead gorgeous. You are… friendly and kind and your heart is still warm. That is something that I don’t usually encounter in this place. Do me a favor and never ever change.”

Chloe had tears in her eyes after that speech from her gay friend.

“Thank you,” she just moved her lips, but Mike understood. They were all schooled in understating lip reading.

“You’re welcome. You deserved it. Now… please, do not cry. You will destroy all my work!”

She laughed.

“That’s better!”

Chloe was sitting quietly for the rest of Mike’s work and then she was able to stand up and go put on her evening gown.

“Chloe…” Mike stopped her.

“Yeah?” She turned to him.

“Your heart is warm and kind, but it doesn’t mean that people don’t see how hurt it is. You disguise yourself well when on the mission, but here… it’s just painted all over your face.”

“Mike…” she started warningly, but he interrupted her.

“If you ever want to talk you know where to find me.”

“Thanks, but… I don’t think I want to open that old wounds.” After having said that she finally went to the dressing room.

“Everything’s prepared. We can take off,” Lex’s personal assistant told him.

“What are you waiting for, then? Take off already instead of telling me! Do you need my permission?! I’m already on the plane!” Luthor snapped at him and came back to analyzing some graphs on his laptop.

Stupid infantile man! He should just hire somebody else!

But he kept changing his assistants and it was getting really boring and annoying.

He started to think that the problem was actually himself, not the people working for him.

And now he had to fly all the way across the country to attend some stupid business banquet!

Well, I didn’t want to make Lana this annoying, but I had to as it turned out while I was going through my old ideas. She was the only one that could fit into that character and although I like her in SV I think you’ll manage to bear with this fanfic better if you have the reason to hater her all over again…
    I just hope Lana’s background seems plausible. In my original idea there is no background on characters, but since I brought Smallville to that… and sorry if I made some mistakes concerning CIA’s missions, my knowledge comes mostly from Alias and Nikita. I would have to spend a lot of my, right now, precious time if I had to make a thorough research and I’m already making some for my BA and my book.
    Last edited by TrinityR; 17th December 2012 at 23:02.

Members

great update. i like the way you introduced Lana it was different. can't wait to see how Lex and Chloe will react when they see each other

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!

Hi TrinityR. I don't want to pester you because your writing is done well, but the formatting is pretty rough to read. Is there any way you could go back and double space between paragraphs (double space twice for scene breaks)? I think it might make reading a lot easier, and might even bring your read/review numbers up. Thanks!
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

Quote Originally Posted by kitten View Post
    Hi TrinityR. I don't want to pester you because your writing is done well, but the formatting is pretty rough to read. Is there any way you could go back and double space between paragraphs (double space twice for scene breaks)? I think it might make reading a lot easier, and might even bring your read/review numbers up. Thanks!
    No problem, hon, is that alright or should I do the spaces?

I am so sorry for such a late update!! I just have a lot on my mind right now, including my thesis and my original work that started crystallizing so wonderfully that I’m full of hope for the future and I just feel that it will be my debut.
    I tried very hard with this chapter and I’m sure you’ll love it!! And the next one… well, you’ll love it even more! Please, stick with me! It’ll be getting much more interested than those two before!
    I hope you will still read this story and that the editing job I did on this is fine.
    Please, tell me what you think!!

chapter 2
    The door leading to the ballroom opened showing a beautiful blond in bloody red dress with a long slit up her thigh. She was wearing heels, her hair up in a stylish bun. She looked sexy and dangerous.

Chloe took a deep breath and made a step forward. She might look confident, but inside she was quite nervous. Yes, she’d been through all the necessary training while working for the CIA, but still, looking like that, moving so seductively just wasn’t her style. She felt quite nervous and unstable in that high shoes, but she was hiding it perfectly. Yeah, big galas, expensive dresses and too much make up didn’t suit her. She always felt best while wearing jeans and some casual t-shit, but those times had been long over. Now she had to act like her friend, Lana. She had to pretend that she was just like her. Until the mission would be over.

“Target spotted,” Chloe said carefully as not to move her lips too much. She had a microphone inside her tooth and a discreet headphone in her ear.

“Copy that,” she heard Lana’s voice and looked to the other side of the room until she found her friend.

Raven was wearing a very similar dress to that Chloe had on, but hers was black and much more skimpy. Her long dark hair was down her back. She certainly looked better, the blond thought with a slight sigh, not that she wanted to look more like Lana to show off to some man like she’d used to, but sometimes she was just a little jealous of her friend’s lean and slim posture.

“Approaching the target,” Chloe said and when she noticed Lana nodding her head, she moved toward the bar where she saw a middle-age man in a black suit and a bow tie.

She maneuvered herself skillfully, so when she finally reached her destination she was standing right next to him. She turned to the bartender and she was just about to open her mouth to tell him her order and then look seductively at the man next to her when…

“Chloe?"

That voice shook her, made her hot and then unpleasantly cold, sent shivers down her back, left her speechless, unable to answer, unable to move.

It went straight to her heart, moving it and making it beat faster and faster…

Could that be possible? Was this really happening?

Or was she simply delusional? No, it couldn’t be!

No… no after so many years…

Lex was sick of those kind of banquets, parties, galas… whatever it was, it was connected to his job and he had to make some appearance, talk to some old acquaintances in business and meet some new ones.

Only it was hard to do when he didn’t show any enthusiasm or pleasure in it. He even stopped brining dates to such events. It was too much of a trouble. He had to entertain them, buy them pretty things and drinks and then they were always expecting some quality time after, meaning of course, sex. Lex didn’t know what happened to him, but for some time he didn’t even enjoy a meaningless fuck. There was no thrill, no joy, no pursue. Women were too willing and he had a hard time while trying to figure out if they really wanted him for him or just for his money. Or he didn’t even have to try to figure that out, because it was obvious. There had been only one woman that he knew if in a relationship it would be for him alone… but… no, impossible. She was dead now.

Ok, he straightened himself up and decided to go talk to one more businessman before he would finally go home. His company needed that, so he had to act on.

Halfway to that man Lex’s body jerked to a sudden stop and as a result he almost knocked down some dancing couple.

“I am so sorry,” he said idly, not even looking at them, but did not move.

That was impossible, all inside of him was telling him.

Maybe he’d drunk too much? But he didn’t feel woozy, so it wasn’t the case. It was very hard for him to get drunk and sometimes he was wondering whether it was because of that unusual immunity of his body against any kind of diseases.

Maybe he was going crazy. Maybe he was seeing ghosts.

Or maybe that woman just wasn’t her.

He still couldn’t say her name, even in his thoughts.

But she looked exactly like her. Ten years older, yes, and she was a woman, not an adolescent anymore, but nevertheless it was her.

Sexy, seductive, her body curved in all the right places, her dress fitting perfectly, hiding and revealing all the right parts.

A sudden heat wave hit Lex’s body, his throat got sore, his heart race increased and… yes, involuntary reaction, his cock twitched.

He didn’t feel such desire since… he couldn’t remember. Maybe since she’d died.

Or hadn’t for that matter.

Why was she here? Was he going crazy or she was really alive? And if so, why would she make him suffer so much for so long?

He watched her making a step and then going to the bar like she made up her mind.

He turned around as she was walking, unable to let her out of his sight and then… he saw her from the back. There was no way that woman wasn’t… Lex winced his face… Chloe Sullivan.

He remembered the delicious curves of her butt… he…

His body made him go after her without his even realizing it and then he was standing right by her.

The oriental scent of her perfume hit his senses and made him feel dizzy.

Put yourself together, Lex, you pathetic fool, he told himself and then he spoke.

“Chloe?”

His voice was slightly hoarse and seemed like it didn’t really belong to him, but he knew that instance that it was her, because she recognized it. Her whole body tensed and he could swear her breathing accelerated.

Chloe knew she should run and forget about that encounter as not to endanger Lex like she’d done with Lana, but it was too late anyway. Besides, she just couldn’t. She felt like their chapter was never really closed and they had to have their ending. Didn’t matter if it was a tragic one or not, she didn’t believe in a happy one, but she had to give him something. She owed him at least that much.

So she turned to him. Slowly. Taking her time.

First thing she saw was his neck, because she didn’t have the courage to look up into his eyes. Those blue gray depths she’d used to love so much… she’d always thought that although they seemed cold they were hot, maybe only for her, but they were.

She saw his chest clad in another expensive suit, felt his scent attacking her nose. It was his expensive cologne and she recognized it. The very same that she’d always smelt on him.

That was Lex. Her Lex. Nothing changed.

“Chloe?” he repeated, his voice now more like it belonged to him, but still full of unwanted emotions.

He was watching her face intensely, waiting for her to look up at him, wanting to see her green eyes. He felt too much right now, so he was afraid what might happen when…

And there it was.

Chloe finally dared to look up and their eyes met.

She almost gasped loudly when the familiar and loved color hit her, pierced her through and she was hurt in an instance. She was hurt, because that weren’t the same eyes she remembered. Something had changed. Now Lex looked so hurt, so crashed, like there was no life left in him, no spark.

Was it possible that it was all her fault? That those wounds she’d left him with never really healed? She never had proof that he’d felt the same, but now… was it possible that he… that he’d actually had?

“Lex…” her voice strangled, tense, squeaky. “Lex…” she repeated and this time it was a whisper.

They both felt the heat that their bodies were giving out, they both felt drawn to each other.

They both felt too much like for just one time.

She wanted to thrust herself into his arms, wanted him to take her, kidnap her; wanted to go far far away, away from the CIA, away from Lana, away from that brutal and cruel world with no place for happy endings.

She knew it was impossible. She knew that relationships between agents and civils never really worked, because the agent had to always lie to his family. And when it came to Chloe’s case it wasn’t possible, because the secret branch she was working for forbid it.

She’d agreed easily, because she’d thought she would never encounter that one particular man again…

…until now.

“Oh god… what happened, Chloe?” he finally found words to say more than just keep repeating her name.

“I… I…” she stammered. What was she supposed to tell him? The truth? It was out of the question. So what then? “Lex, I can’t. I just can’t tell you…” she finally uttered knowing that the truth was better than inventing some silly story. He wouldn’t believe a lie anyway and he didn’t deserve to be hurt by her futile attempt of trying to.

“It was because of my father, wasn’t it?” he asked instead of pushing what surprised her.

“Lex…”

“I know that the government was involved since the process was secret, but… I never thought… I should’ve figured it all out!” he suddenly raised his voice what made other people look at him.

Chloe suddenly feared that he would jeopardize her mission and therefore what had happened to Lana would… no, she couldn’t let that happen.

“Keep your voice down!” she hushed him and looked around.

Fortunately, she spotted her target leaving the ballroom while entering the hall that was leading upstairs to private rooms. Good, she thought.

“You were that witness that took my father down after all.” Understanding appeared in Lex’s eyes. “I should’ve known! I should’ve never given up like that! I shouldn’t have believed that you were… why, Chloe? Why did you do this to me? I… I loved you.” He stopped as soon as he realized what he’d just said and they were both staring at each other in shock.

They were silent for a moment and then… then Chloe just started crying.

“Oh God, I’m sorry…” Lex reached his hands to her, but then he put them on his head instead and a moment later dropped to his sides. “You were in the witness protection program, weren’t you? You started a new life. You probably are here because your… boyfriend… or husband…” she could see how much pain those words brought him, “is here, isn’t it?”

She didn’t answer and look down on the floor, biting her lips.

“Am I right?” He couldn’t restrain himself anymore and he just took her by her arms.

She gasped at the feeling of his warm strong hands on her bare shoulders and shivered.

“You know nothing,” she just said while looking up at him again. “Nothing.”

“Then tell me the truth!” he demanded and shook her a little.

She couldn’t stand it anymore. She made a step back and his hands dropped from her shoulders.

“I can’t. I’m sorry, Lex, I just can’t.”

“You can at least tell me with whom you are here today,” he said bitterly, pain on his face and he didn’t even try to hide it. “He’s not much of a gentleman since you have to go to get a drink all by yourself.

“I am here alone,” she spoke slowly and clearly. She just couldn’t bare the pain on his face. “I’ve never really got together with anyone since…” she stopped.

“Since what?” Lex prompted.

It was rather funny, she thought and wanted to laugh, or tragic when her emotions were on such a high level that she cried and now was amused. There was so much to tell, so many secrets between them and Lex was worried about Chloe’s imaginary new boyfriend!

“Since I…” Oh, what the hell! He needs to know! He deserves to know that I cared! “Since I was in love with you.”

He didn’t say anything. He was just watching her in silence and in slight awe.

“I am so so sorry I hurt you, Lex. I didn’t mean to. It was agony to leave you, but… but I did not have a choice.”

“I understand,” he said in a whisper.

“You do?”

“Yes."

“And do you have a date? Lex Luthor coming to a place like that without one is just not possible,” she asked him before she could bite her tongue. She didn’t really want to know if he’d moved on.

“Well, you’ll probably be surprised, but I don’t,” he answered.

She suddenly felt ill at ease. Even when she didn’t look into his eyes she felt him everywhere, she felt his gaze devouring her like he couldn’t get enough.

“You look beautiful. You are gorgeous, Chloe…”

“Ok, I see that I really do have to cut in!” Chloe almost jump when she heard Lana’s voice in her ear. “What the hell are you doing, Watchtower?! I decided to give you two a little time, because I realized how much you wanted to explain yourself, but… what do you think you’re doing now? Go after our target!!”

“What’s wrong?” Lex asked on seeing Chloe slightly fidgeting and wincing her face. “What happened?”

“I have to… I have to go,” she said. “I’m sorry, Lex, that we couldn’t meet in better circumstances… Hell, I’m sorry we even bumped into each other. It would’ve been easier if we hadn’t…” And she just turned. Turned away from him. In that very moment she felt such a pain that she couldn’t breathe. It was even worse that leaving him in the first place. So much worse. And she wasn’t just hurting herself, she was hurting him as well.

And she wanted him so much! She didn’t even realize how much her body craved for him. Now, when the initial shock and awe was gone she could feel her nipples tightened, her panties totally wet.

And he barely touched her!!

She couldn’t think what would happen and what she would feel if…

No, no!!

He stopped her.

One second she was turning from him and walking away and the next his hand grasped hers and he swirled her body around again.

Now they were standing face to face, closer than before, his hand still on hers, his eyes fixed on her eyes, his lips so close she could feel his breath on her skin.

And that was an absolute torture for her.

His cock started hardening and Lex tried everything he could to stop himself from such embarrassing situation while being in a room full of people.

Chloe’s inner channel started clamping. She just wanted him all over her, wanted his body, wanted him naked, wanted his cock inside of her, fucking her senseless… god, she hadn’t had sex for so long… she would be so tight for him, would feel him so…

She wanted to cry again, but she knew she could never have it.

“I you think I just let you walk away…” he started, but didn’t finish.

“Lex, this is too much complicated. You don’t know anything. I can’t…”

And then his lips just went down on hers and she was lost.

She’d never before in her life felt such a fire from just one kiss.

Before she could think clearly what she was doing she started kissing him back and soon felt his tongue sliding inside her mouth, so she opened it to meet him. She clung to him, wanting to feel him whole, hating the clothes they had on and the public place they were in. Their saliva mixing, their hands on each other’s faces, their pelvises meeting and… he was hard.

“Fuck, Chloe!! Do you want me to finish the job for you?!” Lana’s angry voice appeared in her ear again.

“Oh god…” Chloe whizzed, realizing where she was and they broke the kiss. “Oh God…” she was shaky, barely able to stand in that shoes. She knew that very moment that she wouldn’t be able to walk away from Lex once more. She knew that meant trouble, but she was willing to take that chance. She needed it. Even it if meant that they could spend only one night together.

“I won’t let you go ever again,” Lex said in a determined voice. “Mark my words.”

He was determined to do what he’d just said, refusing to let go.

“I’ll be back. I promise,” Chloe found herself saying. “Just wait here. I’ll be back…” She put a hand on his chest, feeling the hard texture of it underneath his suit. It was raising fast as he was breathing erratically.

He looked into her eyes in desperate need to make himself sure.

“Lex, I promise. Can you trust me? I won’t leave now. I wouldn’t do that to you.”

“Ok…” he sighed. “Right here. I’ll go to the bathroom to cool myself down, but then I’ll be right back on this spot,” he pointed the floor.

“Ok,” she agreed and turned away.

She wasn’t able to look at him again. She just had to finish her mission.

“What the fuck, Chloe?!” Lana was angry. “Will you really meet him afterwards?!”

“Yes. I can’t hurt him again.”

“I had no idea you loved him!”

“Lana, please…”

“You know it’s against the rules, don’t you?!”

Chloe reached the door leading to private rooms where her target had disappeared and when she walked into the corridor she saw Lana by the stairs.

She suddenly realized that they both forgot about their code names. Again.

“Lana, please…” Chloe got to her. “Please, do not tell anyone. I promise I’ll be careful and that it’ll not lead to something more. Just… please, you are my only friend, do this to me, please!”

Lana was looking at her totally baffled and bewildered.

“Chloe…” she was shocked with the intensity of Chloe’s outburst.

“Only you heard that conversation, Lana,” Chloe continued. Yes, and that meant that no one knew about their calling themselves by their real names. “So there is no one in the CIA but you that knows about this. Not even our handler.” Carter was waiting outside, but the connection was off for the time being. “Please, you can’t betray me. I did so much for you… you owe me this,” Chloe didn’t think she would reach that far in her pleas, but she didn’t care anymore. “I saved your life, so we’ll be even if you keep quiet.”

Lana sighed heavily, but she didn’t look pleased.

“Fine,” she finally agreed. “But you better be careful and not let it lead you anywhere. You know the drill. We are special agents. Our branch is secret. We dedicated our lives to our country."

“Oh God, thank you so much!” Chloe almost bounced with joy on her high unstable heels and thrust herself into Lana’s arms.

The raven friend hugged her very tightly and stoke her back.

“After all we only have each other,” she whispered into Chloe’s ear. “Now…” she said when they let go of each other. “I believe you have a mission, but if you want to I can take care of this.”

“Are you sure?” Chloe raised her eyebrows, torn between running back to Lex and finishing the work herself. She wasn’t sure Lana could do that, but after all… that was pretty much Lana’s specialty. Seducing the target and eliminating him. Though this time either Chloe or Lana didn’t have to do much. They just had to make sure to get into their target’s room.

“Yeah!” Lana said. “Don’t worry. I won’t screw up this time.”

“Thank you! I love you!” Chloe hugged her again, this time briefly and then she ran back into the ballroom.

“Yeah, me too,” Lana sighed heavily and went upstairs.

She was angry. Very angry. Couldn’t Chloe see? Couldn’t she tell?

Raven finally reached the first floor and was immediately stopped by a guard.

“Sorry, miss, this is off limits.”

“Me no english… Je suis francais,” Lana sang in her sweet innocent voice and then she knocked the guard out. “Take that,” she said and walked to the right room.

Her job was only to kill a man, but she was so hurt that she needed something to ease the pain.

That was why she knocked on the door and when the man opened she just smiled and pretended to be French again, pretended that she was lost, that she was some easy fuck, just a stupid young woman who wanted to have fun.

So she walked inside, made sure the door was locked and started kissing the man.

He was notorious for sleeping around although he was married. He also was a drug dealer and a killer.

Lana quickly pushed him onto the bed, opened his pants and while pulling her dress up she impaled herself on his cock and started riding him.

But it wasn’t what she really wanted… it was only her mean to ease the agony…

Then she broke the man’s neck…

When Chloe walked back into the ballroom she scolded herself for rushing too much. She couldn’t act suspicious, she had to act like she wasn’t there what of course would be so much easier if she wasn’t wearing that dress…

Lex was standing exactly where she left him.

Her heart ached when she saw how miserable he looked. He was worried she would leave him anyway. She couldn’t blame him though, she’d already left him once, broken his heart. He didn’t know the “new her”, so he had the right to doubt.

When he noticed her his face illuminated, his eyes came back to life and for the first time she could see that familiar spark in them.

“Take me out of here,” she just said and let him take her hand, burning her with his touch and then escort her out of the building.

“Back door,” she just said and he listened without a question.

They both knew there were still too much lies and secrets between them, but the time for more questions and answers would come later… now they could finally do what they’d craved for for so long… to become one in consuming flames of passion.

Ok, if you think that it’s happening too fast… don’t worry. I have the whole plot written down and that is just how it’s supposed to be. This story isn’t about Chlex finding each other. It’s much more complicated. It’s about their way to be free.
    Last edited by TrinityR; 17th December 2012 at 23:02.

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

i love this story and can't wait for more please update soon. i hople lana doesn't interfer with lex and chloe.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information