+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hejira, PG, May 30, 2012

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Re: Hejira, PG, May 30, 2012

This was an awesome snippet, Nonky, and I was delighted to see that it was saved, resurrected and posted form your hard-drive. Feel free to post up ANY more little fun notes that you might find lying around. Your grocery list? The ten weirdest things that Lex would NOT do for Chloe? Etc, etc.

Overall, I loved how this fic began with Lois and Clark ‘commandeering’ and bringing forth Chloe’s wedding. The two of them were taking their responsibilities with all the grave commitment of war general, lol! I loved it! It’s wonderful seeing Chloe being flanked and supported by people who love her so much.

Aaaaargh! It’s a damned shame that all this effort was being spent for a Chimmy wedding! What the heck?!?? Aaaaargh!

Heh… at least Lex interrupted right in the nick of time. Although, the bastard certainly took his sweet time in letting Chloe know that he was interested in a relationship with her. Seriously, dude… you couldn’t make your intentions and interest clear BEFORE the wedding day?!? Oh noooo… the bastard had to stake his claim in front of everyone, and make sure that his unworthy rival, Jimmy, was completely devastated and destroyed after today. The petty, manipulative bastard!

Heh… then again… I can’t really say much better about Chloe herself, can I? It appears that she’s essentially arranged this wedding as some kind of big show in order to attract the man she REALLY wants to her side. She’s quite a petty, cold, manipulative bastard herself, isn’t she?

Erm… is it just me… or does everyone feel a little sorry for Lois? Ok, there’s a tiny amount of sympathy for Jimmy too… but mostly, I just keep imagining Lois working SO hard at putting and keeping this wedding together… only to see the whole ceremony and arrangement discarded like a McDonalds sandwich wrapper. Ouch! I really hope Lois has ‘Some Words’ with both Chloe and Lex about inappropriate, rude and inconsiderate behavior towards the people who love you.

LOL! Can I also say that I loved, LOVED the loyal, dry driver that Lex brought with him. I don’t know whether Chloe’s threat to have him charged with kidnapping might have deterred him from whisking Chloe away with Lex… but I liked that Chloe felt the need to threaten him into not being TOO fanatically loyal to Lex, lol!

I think, in the end, Chloe gave in too easily to Lex’s entreats to abandon her wedding, to be with him. Yes, I know she was banking on it happening… but that doesn’t meant that she should just ADMIT that she planned this whole show purely as a desperate ploy to finally, FINALLY get his attention.

I was glad that Chloe raked Lex over some coals… calling him an ‘emotional vampire’ (perfection!)… and also making it clear that he’s going to have to work like a DOG for months before he can earn his way back into her good graces again. BUT… she still left him feeling certain that he WILL get this new chance with her. Leave him a little freaked out and frightened, Chloe!!!!

Heh… anyhow, this was a fantastic chapter. Thanks for posting it, Nonky

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

Re: Hejira, PG, May 30, 2012

Lol very cute
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information