+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Far Away (R)

Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar

Too Far Away (R)

Title: Too Far Away
    Author: Blaire
    Rating: R
    Disclaimer: I don't own the lyrics and I don't own anything else. Lyrics are Mary Jane by Alanis Morisette
    Summary: Can Chloe figure out a way to save her father and herself from Lionel without letting out Clark's secret?

PROLOGUE

Chloe closed her eyes and leaned back against the tombstone. "It's not like that, Clark."

Clark stared down at her, "Chloe, you're not going to sit here and tell me that you're doing this all for me."

"I WAS!" Chloe yelled in frustration and then let her head drop. "I was." She repeated.

"You were spying on me. Collecting information on me to help Lionel Luthor." He crouched down in front of her and clasped his hands together, waiting for him to look up at him. When her eyes finally met his he shook his head. "I can't help you. For one, you went behind my back. You deliberately investigated me and my mom and dad after I asked you not to. You promised to close that file and drop it. Instead you turn around and work for Lionel to spite me."

"Clark, no. I didn't-"

"No." Clark held up a hand effectively cutting her off. "I'm sick of your excuses. Fine. You know everything about me. What I really am. That I belong on your wall." He stood up and straightened himself out before crouching down in front of her this time grabbing her shoulders. "I swear to you Chloe, if you do anything to hurt my family I'll deal with you in my own ways. This is your last warning. DROP IT!" With one final shake he got up and walked away from her.

Chloe's body silently shook from the inside. Wiping her face with the back of her hands she pulled her cellphone out of her bag and went through the call log to find the phone number. Pressing enter and selecting the call back option she waited while it rang. And rang. And rang.

With a final sigh she hefted her cellphone and threw it across the cemetery. She pulled her knees up to her and rest her forhead on top of them, her arms cradling her legs upright. "Miss Sullivan?" The voice of reason spoke out and Chloe shook her head willing it to go away. "Chloe." The voice whispered and sunk down beside her rubbing her back up and down her spine. "Come on, I'll take you home." Chloe nodded and let him lead her to his car.

The drive was long and quiet. Neither of them willing to admit they wanted to reach out. Lex held the information inside him that she was working for his father. On what, he wasn't sure. But he knew that she was in too deep and that nothing he could say would protect her from his father. He knew that she had been hired before his wedding. More then three months ago she had joined forces with Lionel. So why didn't it surprise Lex to find her in a cemetery crying her little heart out. His dad was a ruthless son of a bitch. A ruthless son of a bitch Lex would one day become. That was afterall why he decided to go to work in Metropolis. For the sake of mending his broken family and becoming the apparent Luthor heir. Wasn't it?

Lex wasn't sure if he himself had ulterior motives, but if he did, he didn't know them yet. He just knew that going to work for his father at his side would be the right thing to do at the time to reassure his father and gain some of his trust. After all, it was he who got rid of Helen. And he knew when it happened his father would be waiting for him to turn on him as well. Had Lionel had something to do with the plane crash? Maybe. Could Lex be sure? Never. Did he want to destroy Lionel Luthor's empire anyways? Definitely.

And he was sure the answer to all his undevised plans to go against his father, was sitting right beside him. In his own car. Now if only he could figure out how to persuade her to work for him instead.

tbc...

NS Full Member
    persuade? who needs to be persuaded. if the girl has any sense at all, she'll leap at the chance to shag lex and if there's enough time escape lionel's clutches.

Blaire as usual, it is a pleasure to read one of your new creations. can't wait for the next installment.

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :blush: wonderful start, and isnt that just like clark to go off on one and go all black and white, and I know best. oh yes clarky, Of course you right!!! BLUGHHHHHHH!! I hope lex can help chloe, this is a very intreageing start.

Yes, I am that Fabulous Senior Member tigerbaby's Avatar
    Can I reiterate how much I absolutely hate Clark?

Oh I can? Well then....

I absolutely hate Clark :hammer: :die: slow and painful.

The sad thing is, that this is how I imagined that particular scene to play out. :die: bloody idiot.

NS Full Member
    :biggrin: Great start!!! Great writing!!! Can't wait to see what happens next! Will Lex be able to help Chloé? I hope so... :biggrin:
    Julie

PHD in Procrastination Senior Member vardaquareien's Avatar
    :yay3: Yay you've started another ficcy! Can't wait to see what you're gona do with this one! I like Lex's internal dialogue. Very astute.

Can't wait for more!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Wow what a great start :huh: and Clark pick a finger ass wipe. :tease:

Hope :chlexsign2:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Yes, I am that Fabulous Senior Member tigerbaby's Avatar
    Originally posted by hfce@Oct 24 2003, 01:06 PM
    :huh: and Clark pick a finger ass wipe. :tease:

My goodness Hope, I don't think I've ever heard you use that kind of language before. Slumber must have really done a number on you :lol:

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    Clark is an ass. Seriously. How I wish Van would have succeeded in killing him... *sigh*

And persuade? Something tells me it won't take much.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Originally posted by tigerbaby+Oct 24 2003, 06:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tigerbaby @ Oct 24 2003, 06:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hfce@Oct 24 2003, 01:06 PM
    :huh: and Clark pick a finger ass wipe.* :tease:

My goodness Hope, I don&#39;t think I&#39;ve ever heard you use that kind of language before. Slumber must have really done a number on you :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Aimee clearly you havent read my other recaps from season 2 . I have said much worse. :lol:

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information