+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Far Away (R)

Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar
    A/N: Noooo, this is angst, but it's not Chloe/Lex angst. Does that make sense. I promise, there will be no chlex angst. just kinda, chloevsherself angst.

Chapter 4

I hear you're counting sheep again, Mary Jane
    What's the point of trying to dream anymore?

Chloe wanderd the halls of the lowest level of the manor, her fingers trailed along the walls, rough edges of stone brushing her fingertips. Silently, mechanically she walked, and walked.

Lex watched from his office on the third floor as she aimlessly made her way through the maze of halls. His forearms resting on the desktop in front if him, his dressshirt unbuttoned at the cuffs and pushed up to his elbows. Hunched over he absently followed the form gliding along the walls. Camera's shifted and changed angles as she turned from one hallway down another.

Pulling her hand away from the wall she rubbed her index finger and thumb together, numb. With a heavy sigh and too much weight on her shoulders she ducked into the next room, lavishly furnished. The walls were bare, but the floor was covered with a great oriental peice. Thick and spongy beneath her feet, she slid out of her shoes and pulled off her socks one by one to let her toes sink into the plush rug. A sigh of content wrapped around her as she sank onto the couch, brushed leather, she thought as she sank into it and laid her head down to rest. Figuring he was watching her from somewhere, she raised her hand as she had many times before and waved to whatever hidden surveillance he had had installed down here.

One day, with a childish smile on her face and a gleam in her eye as she let her lashes flutter shut, one day he was going to get more than he bargained for. If he indeed was watching her, which she was most sure he was, he would get an eyeful. And if he wasn't, there wasn't anything she had to worry about. A resolute smile crept on her lips as she shut off her brain and sank into a long awaited slumber.

*~*

Christmas had been one of her favotire times of the year when she was little. A girl no higher than her father's knee and she had bounded around him, chanting a giddy, 'Merry Christmas to all.' She remembered those times. Insignificant as they were, she treasured them as much as she treasured the years after and the many that would come. This year, however, would be different.

Lana would be leaving for Metropolis to spend the season break with her Aunt. The Kent's were preparing their own meal, a quiet evening in with the family. Pete was lucky enough for his mom to have the time off and to get the hell away from Smallville. Florida, she thought absently twirling a pencil around between her fingers. She could picture him scoping the chicks on the beach, wearing a white Santa beard and red jingly hat.

The Talon was hers for a week. A whole week with splitting shifts with other waitresses, and listening to them complain behind her back that although she'd never worked there before, she had been left in charge. That didn't bother her much. But her father was leaving on Christmas Eve, and there wasn't anything either of them could do to prevent it. The promises were made that he'd be back by New Years and they'd bring in 2004 together, kept her spirits shimmering.

Getting into the Christmas spirit completely was one thing she'd never had trouble doing before. But now, she sat in her room, at her desk with Lana packing anything and everything to get ready for her trip, she couldn't conjure up enough to care. Not about anything in particular. It seemed that everyday, although she was at Lex's house, whether it be wandering the halls or up in her own room, her mind wasn't on work. It was on the last conversation she'd had with Lionel.

The one she hadn't shared with Lex yet.

The one she wasn't going to share with him.

Lana the whirlwind finally sat on her suitcase to zip it shut. "I'm so excited. I've never spent more than a few days in Metropolis, and now I have the whole break." A sullen look crossed her face as she frowned and looked over at Chloe. "I kinda feel bad though, leaving the Talon in the middle of one of the busiest times."

Chloe smiled faintly and set the pencil down on her desk. "Don't worry about it. Between me and Lex and the whole army of tray weilding waitresses you've hired for the season, we'll make it."

Lana stared at Chloe for a moment. That was the most she'd said to her in a few months. But it wasn't that that'd stopped her short. Tilting her head to the side she tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear. "Lex? I thought he was going off to that meeting that you're dad's going to."

Chloe shook her head and got up from her chair only to fall stomach down on her bed, resting her chin on her crossed arms. "No, there's this whole share holder's convention for LuthorCorp and they pretty much picked names out of a hat once nobody volunteered. Lex wasn't even invited. Turns out Lionel didn't think it fair for him to hold any precedence over their heads to turn them in his favor."

Lana shook her head with a smile. "How do you know all this stuff? It's like you're a plant for the Luthor family. I bet you know their shoe sizes and everything." She stood and dragged the suitcase off the bed, landing with a bang on the floor. "I know, I know, you're a reporter, you know everything about everyone." She opened her mouth to tell her that she was looking more rested and better than she had in a while, just as the honking from outside drifted through the house. "They're here." She smiled and dragged her suitcase backwards through the bedroom. "I'll call you when I get there to check in, and I might call the Talon once or twice."

Chloe watched in amusement at the struggle but as soon as she heard the front door slam she rolled off her bed and layered up. She had business to take care of before her dad got home from work.

*~*

After knocking for the last few minutes Chloe rolled her eyes and decided if she were going to get busted for a B&E, it might as well be here. Turning the doorknob she nudged it open with her hip and wasn't surprised to find it unlocked, for which she was completely grateful. Shrugging out of her coat she hung it on the hook behind the door to drip dry, and unwound her scarf from around her neck before shaking off her hat. Both accompanied her coat. Clomping the snow off her boots she made her way toward the stairs just as Lex was making his way down them.

"Hi, I wasn't sure if you heard me or not." She smiled up at him where he stopped halfway.

"Actually, no, I hadn't. I sent all the help away for the rest of the week." he smiled back at her curiously as he finished his descent. "Something's different." he murmured and circled around her. "What is it?"

Chloe turned and looked at him, "What are you talking about." She patted her cheeks with her ice cold hands, once again she'd forgotten her gloves. "I'm exactly the same, Lex." The look she shot him had her smiling and shaking her head. "I'm gonna get started, I need to look at a few things before my dad gets home and I have to help him pack." Starting up the stairs she was barely on the third step when his hand grabbed her by the wrist. Slowly, she turned her head to look over her shoulder. "What?"

"Your hair." He said quietly with a smile as he sized it up. "You cut it."

Shifting nervously she played with the ends of it with her free hand. "Yeah." Her small laugh was like music to him. It had been too long since he'd heard it. "Kinda an identity crisis. Just wanted something new."

"It's perfect." He loosened his grip on her and let her hand fall back to her side.

A blush crept up her face even as it started to warm, "Thanks." She said quietly and raced up the rest of the stairs. Lex watched after her, bemused. Two days til Christmas. He had two days to find the perfect gift for her.

*~*

After seeing her father off and closing the Talon for the day, she sat at home on Christmas Eve. Alone. Coldly alone. But it was okay. It was a night, just like any night. The date shouldn't make it any more special than any other day of the year. Staring idly at the decorated tree she twisted the onyx ring on her finger. And nearly jumped out of her skin when the doorbell rang.

Lex waited patiently on the other side. The Talon had closed earlier than normal today, meaning she had to be home. It was barely 8, so he figured she wasn't in bed yet. And she wasn't. She opened the door and stood there, still completely dressed, her hair a little out of order, but other than that she looked fine. More than fine. He had to have her. He'd known since the day she'd thanked him by kissing him so innocently, such a warm chaste kiss. Yet it had his blood boiling and reminding him that he was more than a little human.

"Lex." Chloe smiled and stepped back, welcoming any warm soul into the empty house.

"Chloe." His hand cupped her cheek as he stepped through the threshold, his other on the doorknob shutting it slowly, taking all the time in the world. His head bent his lips parted, he slowly, delicately brushed his lips across hers, and on her quick intake of breath he sunk further until her lips were angled with his and her hands were on him. He felt her fingers dig into sides where she held onto him, through his coat. When he pulled away and her eyes fluttered open he smiled down at her and let his hands squeeze into the flesh at her hips. His index fingers brushing against the smooth skin in that small sliver of space in between her shirt and jeans.

She stared at him for hours, maybe minutes, probably seconds. And then she pounced. Her hands dug into his sides as she leaned into him and pressed her lips back against his, his hands rythmically mimicked what their tongues were doing.

Soft heat. She thought with an inward sigh. Clear, soft heat. His mouth, so hot, his tongue, so rough on hers. His teeth sharp when he bit down, the moan passing from his mouth to hers as she sucked on his tongue. All feelings. True passion. Nothing she'd ever felt before. Alive. She thought. She felt alive.

They had made it no father than the couch, and their clothes grew to become a piled heap across the floor, if she had focussed enough she would have seen her underwear dangling from a branch of the tree she had spent ruthless hours perfecting with age old ornaments. Instead she concentrated on the new sensation thrumming in her body.

Slippery against eachother, covered in a sheen of sweat from so much pent up tension, they matched breathing even as he leaned down and bit her shoulder. Grazing his teeth from collar bone to collar bone, lingering only a moment to dip his tongue in the indentation between. Her back arched, her hands sliding off his body, he took the peak of her breast in his mouth and watched and listened in avid fascination as she climaxed beneath him. His name gasped from her lips.

And with the single thought of her doing it again, and again, he rushed ahead and pushed inside her. Brought up short when she screamed the word no and he stilled completely.

"Oh, god." He cupped her face in his hands, resting his elbows on the couch on either side of her face. "Chloe."

Her eyes blinked out tears as she struggled to focus them. She relaxed her body to accomodate him and as she did, he felt her body go lax beneath him. "It's okay." She touched his cheek, following his cheek bone and down his jaw. "I'm okay." Cupping to back of his head she brought him down to her and sank into his lips, and then wrapping her legs around him only to have him sink all the way into her. Slowly the pace was set and she met him move for move.

And when he tumbled into a light of seering colors staring down at her, her face screwed up in complete exstacy followed his lead.

TBC...

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Wow that was good. :smoker:

Hope :chlexsign2:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Yeah, I've been reading a lot of Nora Roberts. All build up and then bam, he slips into her and their done. sorry, but i'd rather have with the penetration than the foreplay, but since i've been reading her, i kinda adapted the writing style.

*reminds self to pick up some erotica books at barnes and noble next time she goes*

~B

see spot snark Senior Member happy bunny's Avatar
    Nice addition! And smut! Nothing better!

NS Full Member
    They're so hot for each other. :yay:

Too cute. :biggrin:

NS Full Member
    :biggrin: Wow ..Chloe and Lex having couch sex. Hmm...they will probably make it to a bed eventually right ?

Chapter 5

I hear you're losing weight again, Mary Jane
    Do you ever wonder who you're losing it for?

It had been days since she'd seen Lex. After their intimate encounter he'd held her for what felt like forever, but as the clock chimed and it struck twelve, he laid a kiss on her lips as gentle as butterfly wings, got dressed, and told her to take some time off. So she hadn't gone to the castle, instead with the house empty, she worked right from her bedroom. And forgot about time, and burry herself in research.

Her eyes burned, from tears holding back, her back hurt, from sitting in one place for too long, and when she turned to the window, it was snowing. Smiling wistfully she watched the flakes fall one by one. And wished she'd never moved to Smallville. The Talon was doing fine, and in less than a week school would start again. Restless in her own body, she had to get away. Instead she turned back to her computer.

Lex paced his office time and again, most of the times without realizing it. He'd stop himself and order his body to relax. It was no use waiting for her to come to him. And then he cursed himself for ordering her away. In those four days that followed Christmas Eve, for the first time in his life, he admitted to himself he was lonely. And he wanted her.

It was then as he stood in the middle of his office with paperwork piled on the edge of his desk that he admitted he'd never felt anything with anyone as he had with Chloe. And if she didn't come by tomorrow, he'd go to her.

Her father was coming home tomorrow, Chloe thought, as she lazily took ornaments off the tree, placing each in their respective boxes. He was coming home tomorrow, and she was going to tell him everything. The worried glances he'd send her way when he thought she wasn't looking, the half joking comment about her wasting away and to be careful in the snowstorm or she'd blow off, had sent a perfect message to her. She wanted a new life. And she could have one, maybe. She just needed to clear her conscience. Her father had always been there for her, from her first scraped knee to studying for SATs. He'd help her find a way to get out of this mess.

What she hadn't realized when Lex had come to her, was that the mess she was in, multiplied. So it was either spill everything to Lex, or Gabe. After their night on the couch, she didn't want to trust him. So Gabe it would be.

New Year's Eve came and went, and school started, and still they looked at her as if she wasn't really there. When she walked into a room, all three of them would just stare. And when Clark finally approached her, she broke down.

Chloe sat in her computer chair rubbing her tired hands over her tired eyes. The sound of the door opening pulled her out of her thoughts and she looked up. The epitomy of perfect stood there, just staring down at her, those eyes turned concerned on her. "Is everything okay, Chloe?"

With what she hoped was a beleivable smile she looked back at him. "Yeah, Clark, why wouldn't they be?"

"You just, don't seem yourself lately." He perched his hip on the edge of her desk. "You know, you can always talk to me."

Chloe nodded and damned the tears that threatened to spill. "I know, but really, there's nothing wrong."

Clark studied her for a minute. And then he let it fly, "Why have you been going to Lex's?"

She pressed the heels of her hands to her closed eyes, hoping to relieve the pressure there. "He's helping me out with an article I'm working on, so I can apply for the Daily Planet." Lie number 3, Chloe thought as she opened her eyes and started working on her english paper.

She almost forgot he was in the room. "You're lying."

With an exasperated sigh she pushed back from her desk and stood up. "Look, I'm trying to do my homework, here. I'm extremely busy, and I don't have the time for this, Clark. So please, just back off."

"Sorry, Chloe. But I can't." Clark stood up and tucked his hands into his pockets. "I've watched you for the last few months, and you're just floating away. You don't hang out with us anymore, and you're always at Lex's." Chloe looked up at him then.

"Leave me alone, Clark." her voice simmered in the quietness of the room.

"Chloe, I'm..."

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

And then he watched in absolute horror as she dropped into her chair and leaned over, burrying her face in her hands, tears running wild.

"Chloe." Clark said quietly over the wracking sound of her sobs.

And that's how Lex found her when he entered the room. Clark standing over her and her cries echoing around them. Patiently he walked in the room, gathered her stuff and slung her bag over his shoulder. "Come on, Chloe." His arms were tight around her as he pulled her up to him and her face automatically turned into his chest. With a scolding look he watched Clark, his mouth open in astonishment. "Let's get you home." His arm wound tight around her, tucking her into side as he propelled her forward toward the exit of the building.

And then he followed them, to the Luthor estate, watched Lex as he got her out of his car and carried her with her face burried at his throat, into the mansion. And through the stonewalls, up to his bedroom, laying her on the bed gently, as he put her bag down and lay in bed behind her. Wrapping her in his arms, bringing her back close to him, and stroking her hair.

And he watched as she turned into his embrace after only a few short seconds. To face him, and over the next hour he watched them strip eachother of their clothes, and the slow rythmic dance, their bodies instructed. And afterward, he watched Lex roll with her, bringing her to rest atop him, and how her hands clung to his shoulders, as his arms wrapped around her, and then sleeping.

He had never expected anything like this. And wondered what strange occurences brought his two friends together.

*~*

The first hint of Spring pushed it's way through the chill of the air, and Lex laughed as Chloe danced around in the last dredges of snow. Arms high in the air, she flung herself in a circle, creating a whirlwind of blonde and red. She was beautiful.

There was a punch in his gut as he watched her. A slow tightening of a fist lodged between his throat and stomach. And he knew, he knew he was falling in love.

*~*

Chloe yawned and sat in the Torch office, eventually Lionel would meet her. It wouldn't be like him to forget, since he never had. As if on cue Lionel knocked sharply on the door and then entered without the invitation.

"Miss Sullivan."

Chloe smiled and stood up, holding her hand out. "Mr. Luthor."

Well well, this was a different young woman standing in front of him. She looked bright and cheerful and after his last threat he was surprised to find no hints of shadows in her eyes. "You've certainly pulled yourself together, haven't you." It was a statement, and as his leering eyes raked over her body she felt not a bit tense. Could have been because of the bedroom marathon her and Lex had just ended this morning.

"I'm feeling much better lately. Thank you for noticing." Her mega watt smile came out on it's own accord.

Lionel smiled knowingly and held his hand out, with a confident raise of her eyebrows and a smile on her face she leaned over to get the file. And then his hands were on her. The simple stroke of fingers down his back testing her gag reflex to touch. His body leaned over hersas his hands landed on her hips. His beard tickled the back of her neck and she was completely frozen. "Do you have what I've been waiting for Miss Sullivan?" His lips grazed her ear and she was thankful for the curtain of blonde that hung over her eyes, because right now they were squeezed shut, as much as they would go. She wanted Lex.

*~*

Lex watched her cry. From his office to the room he had initially set up for her. She sat in the corner of the room on the carpet and pulled her knees up to her chest, hugging her shins and pressing her forehead to her knees she cried. Loud wails of cries. He watched her fingers flex on her jeans and hold on their. Then as if tired of crying all of a sudden she stood, and started across the room, grabbing whatever she could find and hurdling it at the walls. The floors. Lex folded his hands and rest his chin on top.

He needed to find out what was wrong. He should have known as soon as she came in today, since she walked past his office and when he followed her she just shrugged him off. His attempt at putting his arms around her in an embrace had her stilling completely.

And then it hit him. It was the first Monday of the month. The meeting with his father.

*~*

Even as he stared at her from the doorway he could see the tension radiating off her in waves. She was completely oblivious to anything around her, and in the few days he hadn't seen her, he could tell she wasn't eating again. It seemed that as soon as she was starting to find her groove again, she'd lose it. And this time, he wanted to know what, or who had made her drop again.

Chloe turned and looked straight at him, her arms protectively came around her. And her saw them. The bruises on her arms, the fingerprints on the side of her neck. "What's this?" he asked as he came toward her, her eyes shifted, looking everywhere but at him. Stepping over shards of vases and floating pages that had been forced out of random books he stopped in front of her, his fingers brushing over the smudged of black just under her pulse point. "Who did it?" His voice had simmered to a low growl.

Chloe looked away from him, turning her head the other way, and he saw the teethmarks still there on her skin, just where her shirt and skin met at her soulder. "Chloe." the low warning had her pressing a hand to her mouth and her eyes filled with tears.

"I'm sorry." She spoke it so quietly he almost hadn't heard it. "I'm so sorry."

Everything went a little hazy and slowly as his vision started to focus again he ran a hand over her hair, smoothing it down. "Tell me, Chloe."

Her head shook slowly at first. "I can't."

His jaw clenched and unclenched and he cupped her face with his hand, just under her chin to turn her to look at him. Shame.

The one emotion in her eyes spoke so clear to him that he wanted to shake it out of her. "My father." His voice was so low, so dettached she looked up at him and the disbelief that he knew, the shock that he knew made him even angrier. "Why?" He said it slowly.

Chloe inhaled a shaky breath and a startled scream ripped from her throat as he grabbed her shoulders and shook her until her teeth clanked against eachother.

"Why, Chloe. How long have you been letting him do this?"

She shook her head again and another yelp came from her as he pushed her down on the floor, his body lumbered over hers. "How long has he been using you Chloe?" His hand found the snap of her jeans and he pulled at them deftly, her eyes wet with tears and silent prayers stared up at the ceiling. "Do you like it when he does it?" His voice was rough, his hands were everywhere, and she wanted to kill him. The only was she had gotten through it with Lionel was imagining Lex. "Does he fuck you rough?" As soon as he was inside her she sobbed and covered her face with her hands.

His heart broke and the grip he had on her loosened, the fast, hard tempo of his thrusts slowed down as his lips brushed over her face, tasting her tears, he nuzzled her neck and whispered against her skin. Chloe exhaled a shuddering sigh as his movement steadied and slowed down to the smooth slow strokes she was so used to. His fingers came up and tangled in her hair, brushing the out of her eyes.

And when she looked up at him, his blue eyes stared back at her, her brows drew together and with a trembling in her body she leaned up and kissed him.

"Never again, do you understand?" His words were whispered against her face as his lips brushed over hers. "You're mine, and if he ever touches you again, I'll kill him." She nodded slowly and let her lips cruise over his jawline as his hands ran up her sides, so very slowly. "I love you, Chloe."

Her voice cracked as she spoke and the words that came out of her mouth had him racing to finish as he burst inside her and came as hard and as excruciateingly slow as he ever had. Her shudder came an instant later.

She loved him.

TBC..

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Lionel deserves this for raping her :hammer: :die: and Lex for trying to protect her. Blaire :tease: for making me pull my hair out.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Full Member
    :worship2: Great story!!! absolutely it!!!!

Lionel needs to die... (I'm still in shock over this) why the heck did she allow him to do this? I mean I have an inkling :unsure: as to why..... grrr :die: Lionel.

Please keep Clark away from Chloe if she won't be telling him to go :biggrin: himself.

Want lots more :chlexsign1: time please.... Also let them bring Lionel to his knees and begging for mercy.

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :tease: :crygreen: LIONEL MUST DIE!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information