+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Far Away (R)

Yes, I am that Fabulous Senior Member tigerbaby's Avatar
    Originally posted by hfce@Oct 26 2003, 11:34 PM
    Clark meet my foot , foot meet Clark's ass.
    LMAO @ Hope, but aren't you being kind of mean to your foot? After all does it really deserve that kind of punishment?

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Originally posted by tigerbaby@Oct 27 2003, 05:36 AM
    LMAO @ Hope, but aren't you being kind of mean to your foot? After all does it really deserve that kind of punishment?
    I guess you are right. :lol:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    Clark needs to die. Period. Asshole.

What else can I say? Hmm...Lana - geez. Get over it. Like any part of the situation has to do with you.

Chloe - take Lex up on the offer. Because, come on - it's Lex.

PHD in Procrastination Senior Member vardaquareien's Avatar
    This fic's great Blaire! I can't wait for the two of them to join forces against Lionel and hopefully against Clunk!!! Bastard! He's just such a.....grrrr I can't even find the words to describe that judgmental, hypocrytical asshole!!!

Can't wait for more of this!

Ugh, Clark sucks. I'm all up for any scenario where he dies.

Loved this chapter! Can't wait to hear more about Lex's proposition!

Chloe's Wardrobe Fairy
    I don't think I hate Clark so much (definitley not as furiously as you do, guys ) but I've got my own theory on that - I think all the Kryptonians were sometimes really SLOW, and sometimes frankly DUMB in personal affairs, so it's his unenviable heritage... :goof:

The story's beginning is so nice, so realistic artyhat:, can't wait to see the next part. Keep it going, Blaire, it's great.

Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar
    Chapter 2

You lost your place in line again, what a pity
    You never seem to want to dance anymore

It should have surprised her. The tale tell signs of how much Lex and Lionel were alike. No matter how much she wanted to argue with people and tell them that the sins of the father did not apply here, she couldn't. It was the sins of the father that had molded the son into what he was today. The dark vengence each had of one another. Lionel seeking information on Clark Kent, who happened to be his son's best friend. His best friend with no apparent strings attached. She knew many people had been sent to Lex under his father's decree to be questioned about the strange happenings involvingthe youngest Kent. Lex had turned them away one by one, with threats to career and bodily harm. He had protected his friend. Lionel, however, had never sent Chloe to Lex. Why would he when her general curiosity gathered momentum everytime Clark was caught in the middle of something.

The information she had collected on Clark was for her own personal interest. She shared none of it with Lionel himself. He had set her a deadline and expected so much from her. When the time came for her to turn in her final report, she would do so, with her head held high, and turn on Clark. For everything he kept from her. Everything his distrust stemmed from, reporters, and so on. He had underestimated her friendship. For truth and honesty and out of love for the boy she had fallen in love with and the man who constantly made her question herself. Her loyal friendship had obviously meant nothing to him, for his was anything but. She could turn away from the fact that he didn't love her as she loved him. She had gone through the same with her mother. Looking for an unconditional love that wasn't ready to be handed to her. Letting go was the hardest thing she had done when her father had brought her to Smallville. But it seemed she had been letting go for the last twelve years of her life.

Now she sat here. At the end of one long mahogany table carved intricately with little swirls of designs. Here was where she would begin the next step in the process of letting go. Only this time it wouldn't be to turn away from another, it would be to save her and her own.

*~*

Lex had led her through halls, down corridors of dark stone where rooms ran dimly lit and dank through the east end of the mansion. He told her what he wanted from her, ask what she might need from him. And while he could tell she would agree with him, he knew she would never forgive herself if she didn't take the time to sit and think about it. An hour. Hardly any pressing matters to be taken care of today. He had another session with his psychiatrist later in the afternoon, but by then he expected to have this deal sealed and for Chloe Sullivan to rely intently on him to lure his father away from her.

He had given her choices. He could change her identity, without the law, and keep her peaceful. Give her a life she wanted. Or he could bring his father down and in the meantime reward her with the exclusive story to ultimately make her the best reporter. By the time she was out of highschool, in one more year, she could have her choice of colleges and any newspaper she wanted to report for would be lined up down the street. He knew he was tempting her with something that could possibly fail after all. But there were chances to take and choices to make in life. Pacing his office now, he turned when he heard the door open slowly. She inhaled raggedly through her mouth and walked to him. Long confident strides had a sense of pride warring with the guilt that had taken over in him.

She reached him and clasped her right hand with his, giving it a firm squeeze. "You have yourself a deal, Mr. Luthor." Lex's eyes gave way to a transparent storm brewing as gray edged around the cold blue of his eyes. His lips quirked at the corners and one side of his mouth tilted upward. Chloe felt her resolve weakening as she relaxed in front of him, although the feel of his palm to hers was a bit unsettling, his smile seemed genuine enough to have her returning it with a version of her own.

*~*

School came so quickly she nearly lost track of time. Lost her head in files among files. Afternoons were spent in the confines of a room Lex had set up for her in his place. Books were on prominent display along the curved bookshelves. Lawbooks along with study references. Files dating back to the first deals of LuthorCorp and copies of memos that had been relayed through secretaries and passed down the line.

She sorted through each and every one, different piles lined up for different reasons. Each had its own significant meaning. She was home by dinner and tucked safley into her bed by a decent hour. It was only on Friday and Saturday nights that she would make up one excuse after another to go out. A long drive to clear her mind. A walk to get some fresh air. Each time she left, she'd escape to what had become a second home to her. It bypassed the Torch easily, mainly because she was the only one allowed admittance into the room. Lex agreed that he would only come in when invited. She had done that only when her eyes had become heavy and craved intellectual stimulation to make it to a point where she could close off for the day.

She bypassed the Talon easily enough. She didn't have time for such inconveniences such as Pete's rambling about popularity or Lana's lack thereof. Clark's quiet stares at her during and in between classes were enough to curb her appetite.

Slowly, almost painfully Lex watched as she threw herself into her work. Her once carefree attitude had been tainted by either he or his father. One way or the other, he needed her to take a break. Thoughtfully he watched her from his office, the wooden panel open on his bookcase to showcase a small overview from many angles of that one room. He sat back, leaning with his arms resting heavily on the arms of his chair. His feet rest upon the desk. She stood from her own resting place and stretched, her arms raising high above her head. She rolled her shoulders and then her neck. Finally she paced, both index fingers of both hands placed on her temples, rubbing in small slow circles.

A part of him sank as she looked up at the camera and she smiled with a flick of her wrist she waved at him and collapsed on the couch, her head thrown back and her feet haphazardly dangling off the edge. Her eyes closed to slits and she fell into a deep sleep.

Lex cleared his throat and turned off the monitors before closing the panel once again. Rising from him seat he shut down his computer and headed for her room.

TBC...

Yes, I am that Fabulous Senior Member tigerbaby's Avatar
    Here was where she would begin the next step in the process of letting go. Only this time it wouldn't be to turn away from another, it would be to save her and her own.
    I'm glad she's come to that realization. She's been used by too many for far too long. And that whole piece about loyalty? Damn straight Clark doesn't deserve it when he's never offered it in return and I so hope he gets burned badly here.

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    Hee hee. Okay, I know this is angst, but that last part was great. Lex watching her and Chloe *knowing* that he's watching. Loved it.

see spot snark Senior Member happy bunny's Avatar
    Really loving this so far. :biggrin: Can't wait to see how they plan to take down the MB. Can't wait for more.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information