+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Far Away (R)

Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar
    pick a finger? LMAO. Nice one Hope. Oh and beleive me, I used to think of Saint Hope as a do gooder...but then I saw just how easily evil she becomes.

And I LOVE it!

Although I would say something more along the lines of 'Pick a finger, sit and spin, Clark.'

And since I got Hope to say asswipe...hehe...*eg* I'm gonna go work on the next part right now.

~B

Fabulous start! I can't wait to see Lex and Chloe team up.

Please update soon!

see spot snark Senior Member happy bunny's Avatar
    Great beginning. Can't wait to see where you're going to take it from here.

And Clark is a hole. :tease: Jerkoff

Can't wait to see how Lex persuades :eyebrows: Chloe to join him.

Nice one Blaire! I really like the angle too, this could possibly happen. I mean Clark wouldn't care if hurt Chloe as long as his family and blana were safe. As for Lex.. *g* I like it alot!

Jen

of course lex has to help chloe, cause thats how its soposed to happen...
    Great start and i cant wait for more

randa

Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar
    Chapter 1

What's the matter Mary Jane, you had a hard day
    As you place the don't disturb sign on the door

Chloe watched as Lex came around in front of the car and opened her door. His hand held out to her. Deciding that maybe, just maybe this wasn't a good idea, she ignored the unspoken invitation and pushed past him. "Thanks for the ride." She hurried up the steps to her front door and without looking back entered her home. And then she stopped.

Gabe stood in the front hall, his arms crossed over his chest. Lana right behind him and beside her, Clark stood. All his glorious masculinity checked in one place. Chloe sighed in defeat and let her bag drop to the floor. The tears that she had willed down once Lex had started back to her house, all seemed to rise in her throat and she feared if she didn't let them out, she would choke on each and every one.

"I think we need to have a talk." Gabe turned and led the way into the kitchen. Lana let a few tears drop and she turned with a sniffle to follow in his footsteps. Clark watched noncommitally as Chloe looked past him.

"It's for your own good." Clark murmured as he bent to pick up her bag. "Working for Lionel, whether it's about me or not, is only going to hurt you in the end, Chloe."

Her bright eyes faded from despise had her biting the inside of her cheek. She turned and looked over her shoulder at the Porsche idling in the driveway, Lex leaned back against it, one ankle crossed over the other, his hands resting on the hood on either side of him. His lips seemed to curve in a knowing smile as she assessed the situation. With renewed hope and a bitter taste bubbling its way through her veins she turned and looked up at Clark. "You know what, Clark?" In his head he already heard the words 'you're right.' Instead, out of her mouth came, "Go fuck yourself." She snatched her bag from him and out the door she went. Leaving him open mouthed and gawking after her.

Watching as she jogged down the grass to the curb where Lex stood he watched as he opened the door and she slipped inside. Lex gave one appraising look toward the house, and within a few seconds he was behind the wheel and they were gone. Clark shook his head sadly as Gabe came to stand behind him. "Where is she?" Gabe followed Clark's gaze to the street.

"With Lex." Clark slumped his shoulders in defeat and Gabe merely nodded.

The whole way to the mansion Chloe thought back on how much easier everything had been around this time last year. She had kept to herself and she hadn't even given the Luthor's a second thought. Never did she ever imagine she'd be working for one. "Thanks." Her voice was soft and husky at the same time. Her words closely followed by her clearing her throat. With a wry laugh she kept her eyes glued to the window to her right. "Never in a million years did I think I'd walk into that one."

"Intervention?" Lex questioned with a dry humor laced in his voice.

"Sure felt like one." She ammended him with a glance over and a small tilt to her lips.

"So, Miss Sullivan. What's your drug of choice?" Lex glanced over at her breifly and their eyes caught, Chloe felt her whole existance swallow up and fold inside herself.

"Investigating." Chloe looked away as the small smile she had been wearing began to fall.

"I wouldn't think investigating would be a negative thing."

Chloe stared down at her fingers locked together in her lap and then darted her eyes to the floor between her feet where her bag lay. "Depends who you're doing it for." She looked back out the window.

Lex looked over at her as he pulled into the drive. "Working for my father isn't the best way to gain positive attention. I know that. I've been doing it all my life." His answer was smug and before Chloe had a chance to retort her door was being opened. This time she grabbed her bag with one hand and laid her palm against his with her other. He led her to the door and up the stairs with a casual elegance that made her want to scream.

She took shallow breaths as the crossed the threshold to his office and he walked straight to the bar to pour a glass of amber colored liquid. The silence was deafening. She could have sworn she felt her pulse thumping in her throat as she stood in the middle of the room. With a wave of his hand he motioned for her to sit, and she promptly obeyed. What was it about him that made people ask how high when he told them to jump?

When she was seated he paced for a moment then stopped at the end of the couch. He placed his tumbler on the glass table and sat on the arm of the opposite couch, looking down on her. "I am aware that you've been working for my father. I don't know what you're investigating for him, however, I'm sure he's paying for your information." He leaned forward, placing his elbows on his knees and his chin hovering an inch or so above his clasped hands. "I'm willing to make you a proposition."

Chloe shifted uneasily as she sat back and crossed one leg over her other. Her free foot swaying back and forth slowly. Every nerve ending in her told her not to do it. She was getting into so much trouble already working for Lionel. If he found out she was working for his son as well, well let's just say she didn't want to be around when war was declared. She let her eyes wander around the room although they were blind to any of the material possessions on display. Lionel had threatened her father and her. Willing her to rethink any possible way out that she'd thought of before. In truth, she knew, deep down, that Lionel wouldn't let her go that easily. Instead of going to her father, she had gone to Clark. Spilled her guts. Laid everything on the line. And still he treated her just as badly as Lionel had. The threats had to stop. She couldn't not work for Lionel. She couldn't possibly pull it off on her own.

Aware that Lex was watching her she let her hands fall from their clasped position in her lap and she uncrossed her legs, leaning forward. In one smooth move she had a hold of the tumbler and raising it to her lips she met his eyes with hers as she took one deep long swallow. The burn spread through her slowly. Working it's way up her spine and down to her toes at the same rate. Setting the tumbler back on the table she felt a small grin tug at her lips. "What kind of proposition?"

tbc...

Yes, I am that Fabulous Senior Member tigerbaby's Avatar
    "What kind of proposition?"
    Okay dropped into the gutter for a minute...*picks self up*

Can I kill Clark, like now? Shove a meteor up his ass and light it! Get over yourself!

Stupid computer.

I just so want Clark dead. This fic is just feeding my Clark-hate and I hope that he gets everything that he deserves. I want Chloe and Lex to do something really, really horrible. Clark needs to die!!!!!!

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    Originally posted by tigerbaby@Oct 27 2003, 03:45 AM

I just so want Clark dead. This fic is just feeding my Clark-hate and I hope that he gets everything that he deserves. I want Chloe and Lex to do something really, really horrible. Clark needs to die!!!!!!
    I whole heartedly agree!

great chappy!!

Sugar&Spice of the gutter Senior Member Queen Of Tact's Avatar
    Oh that was good!!!! Love this story B, so I'm going to have to have lots and lots of updates :

CC
    "I am scared that I'm always going to be somebody's friend or sister or confidant, but never quite somebody's everything."

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Clark meet my foot , foot meet Clark's ass. :die: I can't stand him. And I can't wait to see what Lex proposes.

Hope :chlexsign2:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information