+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Titanic (NC17) completed

Re: TITANIC - LEX & CHLOE / NC17 / updated: 12.05.2012

So as not to bore you with unnecessary repetition I decided to make a little twist. I realize that if I was the reader here I would get bored too quickly so... I hope you'll like it and won't be disappointed. At the end… finally you have the trailer to the sequel – be aware of spoilers! ; ]

CHLOE

[I]I'm sitting here, by the harbor. Freezing and shaking, hiding under the blanket they gave me.

I know I have to move on, go ahead, disappear, leave it all behind but I have no strength left in me.

I know they will eventually find me here but still, I don't want to move.

I'm must be in shock, I think. Tears don't want to flow just yet, I still think I will see him the next second and we will go together...

Go ahead.

"You're a fighter, Chloe. Fight for your life. Fight for what you want. Life is… too… short to… give up… Promise me… you will fight… and… please, find my father… tell him… tell him he… had a son…" I can still hear his words in my head. He was so cold when speaking that his teeth were chattering.

I reach to my pocket and feel the necklace and the piece of paper there.

The blue diamond.

The drawing he made for me.

Somehow the latter seem so much more valuable to me now.

Priceless.

I remember how…

We hit the iceberg and instead of panicking people were just playing with the ice that dropped on board.

But how should we know?

I was still with him. Holding his warm hand. Feeling love for him, being loved by him. Life was beautiful even if I knew I would have to stand up to my mother, break up with Davis and… escape while having nothing but love.

It seemed enough at the time.

I had to be brave enough so I went to see them. All of them at once. While still holding Lex's hand.

The look on my mother's face could kill…

Davis just smirked at me treating me like I was nothing more than a bug. Then, he accused Lex of stealing. He had the blue diamond in his pocket but, I remembered putting it back to the safe.

"How dare you?!" I finally raised my voice while they took Lex away to lock him up.

Davis slapped me in the face.

"Whore," he just called me.

I looked back at him while putting my hand to my burning cheek. If he thought I would cry or apologize to him now he was wrong. He only awoken some savage rage inside of me. Rage I hadn't even realized I was capable of.

"I prefer to be his whore than your wife," I said, my voice strangely calm. He'd just given me another reason to leave, he'd just made me sure of what I was going to do.

"I'm leaving." I turned to my mother. "Look at you. You're so greedy that you don't even care that he hurt me," I pointed Davis who finally got that smirk off his face and apparently didn't know what to do or say now. "I am your only daughter! I am the only thing that you have left! And what you're doing to me? You're making me so unhappy… I would rather die than stay here with you two." I turned to the exit.

"Chloe… you're crazy… you're blinded by that…" Davis caught my arm.

Fight, Chloe.

I snatched my arms out of his grip and kicked him as hard as I could without even thinking it over.

He bent over breathing heavily.

Yeah, I had that in me, I could fight, I could defend myself. I wasn't helpless little Chloe. I would fight for what I believed, for what I wanted exactly like my father had wanted for me and exactly like Lex wanted for me now.

Next, I had to find Lex.

The ship…

I'm still shivering under that blanket.

The ship just went down.

I didn't predict that one coming. I thought when I would find Lex and free him that everything would be alright. That we would go on together.

I shut my eyes close and wince my face when I remember the screams… the agony… the terror…

"LEX!"

Half of that level was already flooded but I kept going. I wouldn't let go. Not ever. I had to get to him and maybe we would still make it to lifeboats.

There wasn't enough of them…

It was ok, it was fine. Somebody would come for us, somebody would rescue us. Everything would be ok.

"LEX!"

"CHLOE!" I finally heard him.

And there he was. Cuffed to a pipe.

I could free him. There was nothing I wouldn't do now. I felt like on fire, fear and adrenaline mixed together in my body giving some explosive mix.

I open my eyes and look blindly in the distance.

Then, I realize that I see the Statue of Liberty.

Liberty… Freedom…

I am free now but for what cost?

It's funny like a couple of days can change your whole life, it's funny how a simple trip can. You live through years, feeling trapped, feeling powerless and miserable and then, when you think it will be like that forever you meet someone who changes your life within a minute.

How hard it is to find someone to love and how easy to lose them forever…

Ship was going down… there was no place in lifeboats anymore. Well, there was for me but I wouldn't go anywhere without him.

He was my life so I wouldn't be whole if I left like that.

"To the prow!" he yelled to me pulling me up there.

Then, there were just screams of terror, feeling of being so cold that I would freeze to death… his arms around me, protecting me, his lips next to my ear telling me that everything would be ok, that we would survive, that somebody would come for us, that I shouldn't give up, I should just hold on and survive… it was that easy.

The ship sank and we found ourselves in the water. Freezing water.

"LEX!" I was screaming not able to find him. "LEX!"

No, I couldn't lose him like that. Not now. Not ever. We would survive. Just like he'd promised.

"CHLOE!" he finally immersed from the water and…

I finally feel tears in my eyes.

Denial.

I am pass it.

Now, the grief comes…

Playing it all over in my head was just too much for me. I've been through freezing hell and suddenly I want to die too.

Why couldn't we die together?

Why he had to be the one to go?

"Find my father… tell him he had a son…" I remember his last words.

Then… then I was just looking at the frozen statue. His body captured in ice. It wasn't Lex anymore…

"Rose?" I hear Davis's voice. "Rose, are you here?"

Oh God! I knew he would finally appear looking for me!

His voice is what finally pushes me to stand up and move. If they find me I will never be able to reach Lex's father. Never.

So I go straight ahead, with the blanket still over my head. I keep my posture slightly hunched so Davis won't even look at me. He's looking for a young woman, not for some middle-age woman covered from head to toes.

I made it.

I still couldn't quite get over that night the Titanic had sunk.

I still couldn't go back to that moments in my head. It hurt too much.

Losing the person you loved always hurt and I'd lost Lex before we'd even managed to start our lives together. That was excruciating.

When the shock had wore off I'd finally dissolved into tears but kept going anyway.

The worst part was that Lionel Luthor – Lex's father – turned out to be one of the most influential businessmen in America now, he was also one of the richest.

Lex would have such a wonderful life if only he made it!

He would have everything he'd ever dreamt of along with me by his side.

How cruel life actually was?

For a moment there I'd felt whole, Lex had filled the empty gap inside of me and then… then I'd felt it twice bigger when I'd lost him.

Still, I wouldn't change a thing. I'd experienced love and thank to that I was a free woman now. I'd learnt how to fight.

It'd been hard in the beginning but I'd pulled it through.

First, I'd found a job in some diner and then, when I'd had a place to stay in – small, dirty apartment but still, it hadn't been the street – I'd looked for Lionel.

It'd taken me two months to finally get to Metropolis – the city where he was living. I'd had to have money for my journey but I'd finally got enough.

"Ms Sullivan? Mr Luthor will see you now."

"Thank you…" I said and stood up.

I took a deep breath and walked into Lex's father's office.

Lionel was sitting by the desk and when I came inside he raised his head to look at me.

"Mr Luthor," I said. My voice a little trembling.

"Ms Sullivan I presume." He smiled to me and stood up.

I kept looking for some resemblance to Lex but found only a huge difference – Lionel had a lot of hair. Was it really his father?

He was older than I expected, he must be in his fifties.

I came closer to shake his hand.

"Please, sit," he pointed me the chair. "I had to admit I wouldn't agree to our meeting but when you mentioned the name Lillian…" his voice trailed off and he was watching my face in anticipation.

"Yes…" I started taking a deep breath. His eyes, I finally realized, his eyes were just like Lex's eyes. "Did you know a woman name Lillian?"

"I did. I loved her."

"I… I don't know how to say this…" I hesitated looking down.

"Just do, please, I won't throw you out of here," he said obviously joking but instead of making it easier for me it did the opposite.

"You had a son, Mr Luthor," I just said because I had no idea how to tell him that. I could as well go along with it and drop the brick.

"Excuse me?" He raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Had?"

"Yes, sir… Lillian… I don't want to pry buy if you had an affair with her… I mean… then, Lex… Lex was your son."

"Ms Sullivan, please, calm down. Do you want something to drink?" he suggested.

"No, thank you."

"Ok, then, so please… try to say whatever you were going to say more clearly. I don't bite."

He certainly looked like he was going to.

"I'm a survivor from Titanic," I started then.

"I'm very sorry for what happened to that magnificent ship," he said.

"Thank you… I… I was miserable, forced to engagement with a man that I didn't love and then, when I thought my life would never get any better… I met that wonderful young man. His name was Lex Luthor. He was just a poor boy who'd won his ticket while playing poker. He was looking for his father, Lionel."

"So, you think that he was… my son?" It finally seemed to sink in. "I have a son?"

I couldn't tell what it was on his face. Awe? Surprise? Happiness? Sadness?

"You had. He… died…" I stammered feeling tears in my eyes again.

"How?" he just asked not able to say anything else. I could sense he was doing his best to stay calm but the news shook him.

"Saving my life," I answered. "He wanted… his last wish was that I would find you and tell you about him. He was a very remarkable man."

"I don't have any kids, you know. When I met Lillian… I was young, stupid and immature. I didn't appreciate her like I should have. I was only interested in making money, in creating my own company… so she left me. I never knew she was pregnant. I tried to find her once but… I couldn't."

"I don't know anything else about her but I can tell you a lot about Lex if you would like."

"Yes, please… just, wait a minute." He stood up turning his back on me and I could've sworn he reached for a tissue. Then, he walked over to the door. "Megan, cancel please all my appointments today. Something came up. Thank you… So, Ms Sullivan… are you sure you don't want anything to drink?"

I did it. My conscience was clear. I did what Lex had wanted me to do.

Now, I had to move on.

But I had no idea how…

Lionel had suggested helping me, he'd offered me a job in his company but I'd refused. I hadn't wanted to see him every day, I would hate if I had to keep reminiscing over the past while being in there and beside... his eyes looked too much like Lex's...

I needed to start over.

I needed to go somewhere I wouldn't be hunted by my past and what was most important – where Davis wouldn't find me if somehow he didn't give up on me.

And that was how I found myself in Smallville – small town in Kansas.

Two years later:

Lionel was woken up early in the morning.

"What is it?" He opened the door for the person standing on the other side.

"We found it, Mr Luthor. We found… him. The body is in almost perfect condition."

I'm sorry if you're disappointed but changing the ending was never my intention. I wanted to write the sequel.

TRAILER SEQUEL:

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

this was a great stoey i wish lex had lived but i would love a sequel. i love the trailer for the sequel please write it and i hope it endes as a chlex.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

He died? So who is the new Lex?
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

No charge for awesomeness

I liked the change. I think it'd be fun if somehow he was raised because he was frozen. Morbid, but fun and very Smallville like

LEX

I opened my eyes and then closed them immediately while being hurt by the flash light.

I took a deep breath and tried to remember what happened, when I was, who I was…

"Lex?" I heard some unfamiliar voice. "Lex… how are you feeling?"

Freezing water…

I adjusted my sight to the light and realized that I felt pain in my entire body.

"Lex… are you feeling ok?" the same voice repeated.

Who was that?

I finally looked around. I was in some room that looked like a hospital or a lab. I was lying on a cot, connected to some machines.

And I had no idea who the man standing right by my side was.

"Chloe!" Sudden hoarsed sound got out of my mouth. I cleared my throat but it only made things worse. It hurt like hell. "What happened to Chloe?" I asked anyway while wincing my face. "I need to save her… I need to… where is she?"

"Lex… please, calm down… I'll tell you everything, just let me," the man said putting his hand on my shoulder and looking at me strangely. Did he have tears in his eyes?

"Who are you?" I asked. "Should I remember you?"

"No, but you were looking for me."

"Was I?" I bobbed my eyebrows trying to remember what had led me to that room. "Titanic… sank…" I finally gasped. "And the last thing I remember is… that feeling... I was so cold…"

"Titanic did sink," the man confirmed. "But it happened two years ago."

"What?" I suddenly raised myself to a sitting position and felt pain in my back. "Why everything hurts so badly?" I winced and then I saw my right hand. There was something wrong with it… It was red, the skin was…

"I'm sorry that your body isn't in perfect condition but it's only one hand," the man continued.

I looked back at him.

"Who the hell are you? Where is Chloe?"

"My name is Lionel Luthor," he answered calmly.

I was left speechless. Could that be possible than I was just talking to my own father?

"How…"

"You have to calm down, son, you've been through a lot and this procedure may have a consequence. I'm running the LuthorCorp and through the last couple of years I've become a billionaire. I'm conducting a lot of dangerous experiments but with the aim to save people's lives and make this world a better place. You were found in the ocean near the Titanic wreck. I spent millions of dollar to bring you back and I succeeded."

"You… Do you want to say… that I was… dead?" I asked confused.

"Technically… yes, but we're running some tests that implicate that it is possible to freeze a human body and then bring it back to life. You are the very first trial."

"So you conducted a very dangerous experiment on your own son that you didn't even know that existed before?"

"Yes. But you have to take into your consideration the fact that it was your only chance. We still don't know how long the human body could be frozen before we would bring it back."

"So, I should thank you… God! Where is Chloe? Does she know I'm alive?"

"Ms Sullivan was the one who told me that I had a son but then, after I suggested she could work for me she refused and decided to leave. I don't have any information on her right now."

"Can you find her?" I asked. "I know it's a lot to ask and…" I suddenly felt dizzy, I still didn't feel ok. "It's a lot to process… I suddenly have a father… I thought… I had to consider that you wouldn't even like to know me and now you…"

"It's ok. I can understand. I can look for her."

"I would appreciate that."

Where was she?

Coming back to life was hard what was strange considering the fact that I didn't even remember being dead. I'd just gone to sleep in that ocean and then, I'd woken up in my father's lab.

So much had changed since that time. The world didn't look much different but it felt different.

I felt like I'd just won a lottery, like a new life had been given to me what actually wasn't that far from the truth. I'd been just this poor guy yesterday and today I was the son of one of the wealthiest men in America.

How was that like a dream coming truth?

But still it didn't feel like that because I was missing something. Chloe. Where was she? Was she still mourning over my death? Or had she moved on and had a family by now?

On the thought of a family a sudden rage took over me.

I wouldn't survive that…

Two months had passed by and still – no sign of her.

She must had changed her name, there was no other explanation, I didn't even want to think that she might be dead so… yeah, she must had changed her name.

How to find somebody that didn't want to be find?

I started to have good relations with my father, he was a rather ruthless man but at Ieast I had somebody related to my blood, somebody I could count on. I wasn't alone anymore.

All I was doing was to keep looking for her and learning. My father had a heir now so I would be the one whom he would leave his company once. I had to receive a proper education…

CHLOE

I should say 'yes', I was thinking why finishing my work in my Isis foundation.

Two years had passed by, it was time. It still hurt when I thought about Lex but I knew I couldn't hold on to the past forever. It wasn't a way to live, it was just some kind of an existing.

I needed to move on, to let people in. I knew if I kept being so lonely I would end up alone forever.

When I'd come here I'd had no idea what to do with my life and as it hadn't been enough I'd been robbed.

But then, somebody had saved me. His name – Clark Kent.

That robbery had changed my life forever. Suddenly, I'd had a friend and before I'd even managed to noticed I'd been on his farm, practically living there.

His father had passed away couple of months earlier so he'd kind of understood my pain with losing Lex. His mother had been so nice to me that I'd thought that nothing bad could happen to me there and… I'd just stayed.

I'd created the Isis foundation so I could help people that been through some trauma like me or Clark.

I'd known if I wanted to stay low I couldn't write anything, at least no now, Davis could've finally tracked me down and I couldn't let that happen.

And now, when I was on my feet again, when I had my own small apartment and a job, Clark had asked me out.

So I had to say 'yes' I thought. He was a really wonderful man and I knew that this kind of luck might not happen to me again.

I knew how the world looked like, I knew what kind of men were there. I needed to avoid all the Davises of this world and that left me with what?

Clark was good and caring, he was the perfect man for me now. Maybe I didn't feel for him what I'd felt for Lex but still… there was something between us and I had to stop denying it.

LEX

Those years had turned me into my father.

I was ruthless, hard, reserved.

All this time away from her was killing me, turning me into something else, I wasn't that sweet young guy she'd met on Titanic anymore. I was different, but I didn't care.

Maybe after four years I should just give up? Maybe I should finally admit that she was gone forever? That we'd missed our change, we'd passed by each other. Maybe she'd died long before I'd been brought back?

Maybe I'd been the reason she'd given up on her life?

Still, it didn't hold water since she'd promised me she would never do that.

CHLOE

So I'd said 'yes', I sighed heavily while opening the safe in Isis.

I'd said 'yes' to Clark today and soon I would be his wife.

It'd taken me six years to finally get to my feet and accept that this was my life. Nothing would change. It was actually quite good. So much better than I'd imagined when I'd got here in the first place.

I opened the safe and finally, for the first time for years, I took that old drawing into my hands.

The drawing of me.

Even Clark had no idea of it. He and his mother had seen the blue diamond that now was in the safe too, but never that picture.

They hadn't asked many questions. I'd told them that I'd been running from an abusive fiancé and they'd understood.

I couldn't had sold that necklace, it would've been so much easier if I'd could. I would've had money to begin with but I'd known that Davis had been only waiting for that. If I sold it he would know where to find me.

I sighed feeling my eyes getting wet while looking at the picture.

The memory appeared in my head.

Me, lying on a couch, Lex's eyes fixed on my naked body while drawing… then… then we'd made love for the first time… his body so hot and hard…

I shook my hand and wiped the tear away.

I had to destroy that picture. I had to get rid of it, I had to start a new life and I couldn't do that while still having it.

LEX

"So, you like it?" I heard my father's voice when I entered his office.

He was there with his new friend – Martha Kent. They'd been seeing each other for a couple of weeks now, but I knew they were still a secret.

"Oh, I'm sorry… I can come back later…" I said and turned away.

"No, it's ok, Lex… You already know about Martha so you can as well oficially meet her," his father encouraged him while putting a beautiful diamond necklace on her neck.

"Nice," I noticed while making my way toward her.

"Gift from your father… it's really too much, Lionel," she turned to him.

"You're worth it," Lionel just smiled.

"Lex Luthor," I shook her hand. "My father told me a lot about you. You must have made quite an impression and it's not easy when it comes to him."

"Glad to hear that… you know, I haven't heard much about you."

"There's no much to tell," I sighed.

"Why? I would like to hear it anyway… Lionel, it's really too much. I'm afraid such a necklace won't do me any good on the farm…"

Farm? I thought but before I managed to ask about that my father spoke.

"Oh, it's not like this is the famous lost blue diamond…"

"What did you just say?" Martha looked at him strangely.

I felt uncomfortable. I hated when my father was making allusions to Titanic. I might had hardened a lot but I still felt something aching in my chest while thinking about that trauma.

"The famous blue diamond. Last seen on Titanic. People think it sank along with the ship," Lionel notified.

"Was it like… heart shaped diamond?" she asked slowly while obviously remembering something.

Suddenly, she had all my attention.

"Have you seen something like that?" I asked feeling more alive than ever before.

"Yes, I saw it. Maybe it's not the same necklace but my son's fiancée has something like that. I only saw it once, six years ago when she appeared in Smallville."

"Six years ago?!" I raised my voice coming closer to her and putting my hands on her shoulders. "Your son's fiancée?! What's her name?!"

"Lex, calm down…" Lionel started.

"No, dad! It's her! Can't you understand?! I finally found her!"

"What are you talking about?" I could notice fear in Martha's eyes.

"What's her name?!" I demanded.

"Chloe Lang…"

"CHLOE!" I felt like something hit me hard. I felt like there was no floor under my feet.

"Oh no…" she covered her mouth with her hands. "Are you her ex-fiance? The abusive one? Oh God! What have I done!"

"No, wait… I am not!" I said. "I'm sorry if I scared you… I just… I've been looking for her. She thinks I'm dead."

"She did tell me about her first love but she also told me that she saw you dying."

"It's… complicated."

"There was…" Lionel hesitated. "I had this project… it was risky but, it was Lex's only chance… I gave him life."

"Where I can find Chloe?" I asked Martha. I couldn't wait any longer. I would finally see her!

"She…" Martha swallowed hard. "Oh, please, don't do this to my son. I know she doesn't love him as much as he would like her to but…"

"Mrs Kent, please, you have to understand me! Have you ever loved somebody so much that it's been killing you inside while being away from him?"

Martha didn't say anything but I could tell she had. It must be her dead husband.

"I saw how hurt she was… she still is," she said. "But my son is happy."

"I'm sorry…" I repeated doing my best not to show her that I'd been losing my patience. "Please, tell me…"

"Son," Lionel cut in. "We were just leaving for Martha's son's wedding. That is why I gave her the diamond necklace."

The shock and pain in my eyes struck even Martha.

CHLOE

I was sitting by the dresser, staring at my reflection in the mirror but not really seeing myself.

I had my wedding dress on and soon I would be Clark's wife. It felt quite right, if not Lex he was the perfect man for me just… I couldn't bring myself to destroy the drawing.

I had it with me the whole time. Even now, it was in my hand along with the diamond.

I had a plan to throw the diamond into the sea on our honeymoon but what about…

My eyes were wet again. Great, now I was crying in my wedding day and I would destroy my make up!

Not that I cared about such a small details but the guests would see that I'd been crying and what would they think? What would Clark think? He'd been so patient and gentle with me… and I really wanted to start a new life, to finally have a family.

All my dreams had been squashed by now – I even kept myself away from any newspapers as not to reminiscence on my will to write, away from the annual memorial gathering the survivors of Titanic and…

I sighed deeply. I finally had to move on.

I took a candle and decided to burn the drawing.

Somebody walked inside just when I was about to do that.

I quickly tried to hide the picture instead so Clark wouldn't see it and turned with a fake smile plastered on my face but only to… got pale.

I could only stare with my eyes wide open at the person in the door.

It must be ghost I thought, I should be screaming but somehow I didn't. I just felt the unbearable pain in my chest.

"Chloe…" the ghost spoke. "Chloe… it's you!" He quickly got to me sweeping me into his arms.

I was motionless, unable to speak, unable to think.

I just felt. I felt everything.

I must be dreaming.

"Chloe?" he asked straight into my ear. "Chloe, say something, please…"

I slowly managed to make a step back and looked at him from slight distance.

It was Lex.

But it couldn't be.

Nothing could get through my tighten throat right now. I could only stare.

"You still have it…" he said looking at the picture on the dresser and picked it up. "All this time… and this…" the necklace.

"Chloe?" I suddenly heard Clark's voice coming from the door and when Lex turned to look at him I noticed that there were also Clark's mother there and… Lionel Luthor.

"Who are you?" Clark asked Lex sharply. "Are you the reason Chloe had to hide all that time? You…"

"No, son," Martha reached her hand to stop him. "It's not him, it's the other one."

"The other one? He was dead!"

"Lex?" I finally was ready to speak again. "Lex… how… what…" I dissolved into tears and started shaking.

It was all too much for me.

I remembered his dead eyes when I'd noticed he'd died! I remembered myself pushing him into the dark ocean and…

"It's impossible… I saw you dying…" I made another step back.

"Miss Sullivan, let me explain," Lionel started walking inside the room.

"Miss Sullivan?" Martha and Clark asked in the same time.

"That's… that's my real name…" I stammered looking at Lex, then at his father and still, not able to understand.

Then, Lionel told me something about the newest technology that…

The proof was Lex's hand, hidden in a black glove.

"I've been looking for you for four years now, Chloe," Lex spoke. My heart wanted him so badly, the gaping hole he'd left me with was bleeding now and the only way to heal it was to be with him. But still, I restrained myself because I was afraid I would just fall down on the floor if I moved. "And all this time… you've been right there, so close… I guess I believe we were meant to be because… can you believe it? I found you by a complete accident! In the day of your wedding! Please… please, give us a chance… I… I know you have different life right now and I'm proud of you that you listened to me, that you didn't give up."

"Lex…" I whispered feeling happier and happier with every second.

And then… I didn't think about anything, I didn't even think that Clark was there in the room and that I would hurt him.

I just thrust myself into Lex's arms claiming his lips and felt home again.

"Clark! Clark, wait!" I ran out of the chapel to catch him. "Don't leave like that! We have to talk! I'm sorry!"

"It's ok… I understand…" he turned to me, his face in pain. "I understand. It hurts… but I understand. I knew that you would never love me like you loved him but I figured… he was dead, I was alive, I could give you anything you needed, I could make you smile again…"

"I'm sorry, I didn't want it to happen like this. I feel terrible."

"Don't be…" he said coming closer and looking me in the eye. "Don't be." He put his hand to my cheek. "I wish you the best. You deserve it, Chloe. You're the strongest person I know."

"I am really so sorry…" I repeated.

How many times I would say that? There was no way to make it all ok again. I knew it.

And what was worse… I would be seeing Clark a lot if his mother was with Lex's father now.

"We'll work it through somehow," he sighed deeply closing his eyes. "We'll be friend like we used to be."

"I hope so…"

"And look whom I found," I suddenly heard voice that made me scared, voice that I thought I would never hear again.

I slowly turned round to face… Davis.

Davis with a gun in his hand.

"Chloe…" Clark started warningly.

"No, Clark… stay where you are," I whispered. "He's dangerous."

"Do you have any idea what you've done to your mother and me?" Davis asked me. "She died. Oh yes, she did, a year ago and you didn't even know! She was so disappointed in you! And You stole from me! You stole my blue diamond!"

"I thought it was a gift."

I'd given up on my dream, I'd stayed in hiding, now I had Lex back and… I would just die like this? I had no doubt in me that Davis would kill me.

It would all just go to waste.

"How?" I just asked. I wasn't even shocked anymore. The past seemed to be chasing me today but after seeing Lex alive nothing would surprise me. "How did you find me?"

"I knew that loverboy of yours was alive so I just kept trails on him. I knew if you were alive he would finally lead me straight to you. I admit, I lost my hope at some point but still had him watched."

"You're going to kill me? And then what? You still won't get your diamond back," I said strangely calm.

"I don't care anymore."

"Oh, I forgot… of course, you don't… because I hurt your pride."

The rage on his face was extreme and then, he was just about to pull the trigger…

I heard the gun firing and closed my eyes.

"Chloe!" Clark roared pushing me aside.

"No! Clark!" I couldn't let him die like that.

But then, I was lying on the ground and noticed Clark was still standing. He was ok. He wasn't shot.

So what then…

I looked at Davis.

He was dead.

Lex was standing right behind him with a gun in his gloved hand.

THE END

Oh, this is crap now;/ I'm sorry, I'm just so out of my vein right now;/
    Maybe some day I'll be back to fix it

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

LOL! That was an abrupt ending. I hope you can add an epilogue.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Quote Originally Posted by hfce View Post
    LOL! That was an abrupt ending. I hope you can add an epilogue.
    I know. As I said I'm sorry.
    No time, no vein, no inspiration right now.
    I hope I will scribble something but now now.
    I just hate leaving sothing like forever to be finish so I choose to do it and then... maybe I will be back some day

NS Full Member

strange ending i hop you will be doing an epilogue.

epilog
    I’m sorry, guys, I wasn’t the best writer to this story. I have the impression that I failed you. No, not the impression, I know I did. I decided to come back for a short epilog to make at least an attempt to improve that jaded story.
    When I was writing it I thought that the twist would be good, that suddenly they wouldn’t be on Titanic anymore, that I could go to Chloe’s retrospectives and then Lex would kill Davis on her wedding day, revealing his true nature. I thought that the shot going out would be a great way to end it.
    And – of course, to be honest - I got bored with writing fanfics or either I was writing too much and pushing my luck with ideas too far.
    I don’t think any other good long idea will come to me from now on. I decided to dedicate myself to finishing my degree and write my own book.
    Somehow I think I owe you this. Maybe it will make the story better? Who knows… Or maybe it cannot be saved...
    How to live…?
    One day you were ready to move on... ready to start a new life with a new man, because the true love of your life died.
    How to cope when you found out that he was actually alive?
    How to deal with the fact that he became a murderer? That he killed a man right in front of you?
    How to say goodbye to the man you thought you could love? How to stand the look on his face when his heart was broken?
    But I couldn’t leave the one I truly loved, even though I see the darkness in him every day. I also see that he’s fighting. I see that he’s changed so much since the moment I thought I lost him forever…
    But I still love him and I can’t walk away. I can’t be with Clark, even though that deep down inside I know that he would be so much better for me.
    But the heart wants what the hearts wants.
    Life isn’t a fairytale.
    It’s a struggle.
    But the love I have it’s worth it.
    I love Lex and cannot help it.
    He’s my life.
    And he always will be.
    What happened on Titanic joined us together once and for all. It’s indestructible and even death couldn’t part us.
    So I am with him.
    I’m fighting for him.
    I fight along his side for light.
    And I am the light. The only thing that keeps him from drowning in the darkness.
    I am his beacon of hope. His haven.
    I’m reminding him about the time we spent on Titanic when we were both so innocent and so in love. That last one didn’t change.
    Yes, it’s true that he killed a man in self-defense, but I could see the shadow in his eyes when he did it. It terrified me.
    Did I have any choice but to be with him while all my being was calling for him? Craving for him? His lips, his body… his soul and his mind? All those memories that I was trying so hard to repress were brought back in a second. Years of trying – all gone to waste in a moment.
    His sweet smile. His goodness. His simplicity. They way he saw the world back then.
    It was all gone. I could tell just by the look on his face, by his eyes.
    And still, I didn’t mind. I love him and I know this will never change.
    So when the police came and Lex was giving them his statement I went over to Clark. I had to talk to him even though I knew it would be the most difficult talk in my life. Yes, he did let me go before, but I felt like it wasn’t enough from my side. I needed to give him more.
    And then I was suddenly free. Free and with no place in the world once again.
    I felt the sudden dread, fear of the unknown to come. Would my life be like that forever? Journey after journey, trip after trip, not one place to stay in? Not one place to call it home?
    Then I felt him behind me. He embraced me and I leaned back into him, feeling him.
    How was that all possible? How…?
    I still couldn’t believe any of it.
    But he was there. For me. He loved me. He’d been looking for me for so long…
    My mind couldn’t catch on, so I just let my body act.
    I looked into his eye, took his face in my hands, placed a gentle kiss on his lips that soon became more passionate… I let him take me wherever he was living.
    In that very moment it struck me. It wasn’t the place, it was about the person. He was always my home.
    I wasn’t lonely anymore. I finally had my place.
    I didn’t care if we would be rich or whether we would have a roof over our heads. I just cared about him.
    We arrived at the mansion and still were too overwhelmed to talk, too hazed.
    So we just headed straight to his bedroom… shed our clothes… loved each other like never before. Braver. Bolder. More passionately. We weren’t innocent anymore. We finally knew life, knew it was dirty and it was no fairytale, but it was ok, because it was more real for us that way.
    We were lying into each others’ arms, bodies hot and sweaty, still craving for each other, still couldn’t get enough of touching and caressing… minds still not believing what was actually happening…
    He asked me if I still loved him when he was such a different person now. When he changed so much. He confessed he was afraid he was becoming evil. Years of loneliness and desperation had done its job.
    I told him I loved him more and more every moment. And I would always love him.
    The love that joined us on Titanic was for forever, no matter what. We would never be parted again.
    And then I kissed him.
    I understood I wasn’t that young and scared girl he’d met on the ship either.

People change. Love change, but it’s getting stronger…
    I know we will be just fine.
    Last edited by TrinityR; 1st October 2012 at 13:01.

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

Re: Titanic (NC17) completed

Absolutly loved it!
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information