+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archives/Live Journal communities?

Members

Archives/Live Journal communities?

My life's a little crazy and I often end up not being able to participate in fandom for months at a time, which I hate, with the end result that I end up waaaaay behind on the things that have been happening on the creative end. Is there...I guess clearing house, for lack of a better term, for what the major sites, authors, and content creators have been up to at any given time? I try to keep up with individual feeds, blogs, etc., but that can get very muddled when there are months of entries to go through. I ask this because for a while the Buffy fandom ran a couple through Live Journal and, I believe, there are some for Dr. Who as well. Does Smallville have an equivalent?

Re: Archives/Live Journal communities?

This is an excellent question. Being in the same boat, I would be grateful for any information about recent updates in this fandom.

I agree the same thing happens to me and when I get back into the fandom it would be great to go to one spot for all the lastest info.

I know there's a community on livejournal, but it's not really active. Only one author seems to be posting their fic there. It's called chlexers.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fairyasha View Post
    I know there's a community on livejournal, but it's not really active. Only one author seems to be posting their fic there. It's called chlexers.
    That would be me under my pen name lillianschild. LOL. Yes, it's been dead- at least, post-wise.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhostie View Post
    My life's a little crazy and I often end up not being able to participate in fandom for months at a time, which I hate, with the end result that I end up waaaaay behind on the things that have been happening on the creative end. Is there...I guess clearing house, for lack of a better term, for what the major sites, authors, and content creators have been up to at any given time? I try to keep up with individual feeds, blogs, etc., but that can get very muddled when there are months of entries to go through. I ask this because for a while the Buffy fandom ran a couple through Live Journal and, I believe, there are some for Dr. Who as well. Does Smallville have an equivalent?
    sv-ledger.livejournal.com is the community that exactly that. But unfortunately, the Chlex presence there is very limited... almost non-existent. Maybe it's because Chlex is not, and to my knowledge, has never been big on LJ. The community does cover a lot of Chlollie and Chlark content, though, for those who are interested, as well as meta about both the show and fandom in general.

It's sad that we're not more active on livejournal. Any good fics on AO3?

Checked out AO3 and there were hardly any Chlex stories there

Quote Originally Posted by yassharrar View Post
    Checked out AO3 and there were hardly any Chlex stories there
    It's a shame, isn't it? AO3 is my favorite fic archive, hands down. The quality of fic over there is overall much higher than in other archives like ff.net, and it's so user-friendly to boot. I wish there was more of Chlex over there.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information