+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Chlex Drabbles (G+) (Excluded from Fanfic Update-date rule, Julie)

Nerd-bitch

Re: Chlex Drabbles (G+)

Quote Originally Posted by Reese
    Sometimes he likes to push himself to the edge just to see if he can bring himself back before it’s too late.

Sometimes he throws himself into a situation he’s not truly prepared for just to see if he can find his way out.

Sometimes people get hurt.

Most of the time he doesn’t care.
    Lex in four perfect sentences. Wow. Essential in exactly the way a drabble should be! Thank-you.

Nerd-bitch

Here is a little scene I wrote for TwoSides that I could never quite fit into the story. I've always like it though so here it is-

Lex is standing in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal. Holding the bowl in one hand and the spoon in the other, and leaning against the counter he is the picture of casual grace. “Good morning.” Chloe manages. He nods and takes another bite of cereal. Cheerios, his favorite she notes. She pulls out bread for toast and digs around for eggs and cheese, avoiding his gaze, pretending she can’t feel him watching her. He doesn’t move to sit down, forcing her to work around him. He is standing in front of the toaster. “Could you please move?” she asks. Lex puts his bowl down.
    “You’re still angry with me.” He says flatly.
    “I’m not angry-“ She takes a calming breath. “I am not angry with you. You’re standing in front of the toaster.” She’s not angry with him.
    “You won’t look at me.” He observes. She looks at him then. “I apologized.”
    “No, you didn’t.”
    “Yes, I did-“
    “No, you didn’t.” She explains patiently, “You said you owed me an apology but you never actually said the words.” He doesn’t answer.
    “Right.” Chloe turns away, snatches a small skillet out of the dish washer. Placing it on the stove, her back is still to Lex. She can feel him not moving behind her.
    “Alright.” He says finally.
    “Alright, what?” She asks as she turns to face him.
    A muscle works in his jaw, “Alright, I’m sorry.”
    Chloe is flabbergasted. There is no other word for it. ‘You are?’ she almost asks. But she recovers enough to wipe the shock off her face and nod at him.
    “Well, good.”

here are my two new additions...

Partners?!

“Dancing lessons?!” Chloe squeaked, their car pulling up in front of the studio.

“It’s for the Luthorcorp soiree, sweetie,” Gabe answered.

“Soiree?!” Chloe’s voice broke

“Mr. Luthor insisted that employees’ children

“A soiree for kids. Hmph. I don’t wanna be paired to some snobby snot-nosed boy.”

“For me, sweetie, please do this for me,” Gabe pleaded, walking hand in hand with Chloe up the stairs.

“Fine.” Chloe conceded.

“Ah, Chloe Sullivan, yes?” greeted Clarissa, owner of Steps Dance Academy

“Your partner for the course will be…” she rifled through her logbook, “…Lex Luthor.”

Dang. Chloe dreaded the next three hours.

==========

Tango After Twenty

The waltz, taking advantage of tilting heads; she wouldn’t have to look at me, I wouldn’t see her disinterest.

Next, the salsa; complicated, surreal, overwhelming. And we can’t get enough.

But it’s the tango that pulled us together. The need for contact, constant seduction and power play that made our dance sweeter.

That’s why after twenty years, I still don’t know what drove her away, what made her give up. I refuse to burn my dancing shoes, keeping our medals over the fireplace and ignoring Clark’s sympathetic looks.

It takes two to tango…and I’m still waiting for my partner.

Still waiting for Chloe.
    Last edited by teejei; 3rd April 2007 at 17:46. Reason: formatting

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!

This post rated R

I was going to write a Serial Killer Lex. No plans for that now, but I did have this from it. Rated R for serial killer activities.

Mosaic

As I was walking up the street I met a man no one should meet;
    He took my name, he made me smile, and then he let me live awhile.
    While in his basement lab I waited, his cruelty I anticipated;
    Where once was flesh he took away, replaced it all with glass and play;
    Dressed me in gleaming glass to see, to say 'now you belong to me.'
    Polished art of madman's bent, he carried on his soul's descent.
    With nothing left but pain and sighs, he closed my lids and took my eyes.
    Filling the holes with emerald's fire, his will had finally met desire.
    No more to fight, my future lies, in tearless voids, through jeweled eyes.
    Last edited by nonky; 10th August 2007 at 09:04. Reason: to add title
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

Re: This post rated R

Quote Originally Posted by nonky View Post
    I love this nonky.

It's disturbing in all the best ways. It gives me the same kind of shiver that The Twilight Zone did when I was a child.

The imagery is wonderful and the language is so evocative.

This line was fantastic because it's the lull.

I love that people think Lex has a dark side but they don't get how truly horrific it could actually be. Talk about Clark needing to count his blessings. See how much worse things could be?

Killing her to keep her. It's twisted, but definitely a viable extrapolation of Lex's character were he to go mad.

And this line was so perfect. The hoplessness and despair. It was like watching the life flicker out of her.

This was great because not only was it a beautiful piece of work, but it explored the truly dark side of Lex and the possibilities that could flow from it in a way that we rarely get a chance to see.

Great job!

~Sarah~

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tracyaching View Post
    Here is a little scene I wrote for TwoSides that I could never quite fit into the story. I've always like it though so here it is-

Lex is standing in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal. Holding the bowl in one hand and the spoon in the other, and leaning against the counter he is the picture of casual grace. “Good morning.” Chloe manages. He nods and takes another bite of cereal. Cheerios, his favorite she notes. She pulls out bread for toast and digs around for eggs and cheese, avoiding his gaze, pretending she can’t feel him watching her. He doesn’t move to sit down, forcing her to work around him. He is standing in front of the toaster. “Could you please move?” she asks. Lex puts his bowl down.
    “You’re still angry with me.” He says flatly.
    “I’m not angry-“ She takes a calming breath. “I am not angry with you. You’re standing in front of the toaster.” She’s not angry with him.
    “You won’t look at me.” He observes. She looks at him then. “I apologized.”
    “No, you didn’t.”
    “Yes, I did-“
    “No, you didn’t.” She explains patiently, “You said you owed me an apology but you never actually said the words.” He doesn’t answer.
    “Right.” Chloe turns away, snatches a small skillet out of the dish washer. Placing it on the stove, her back is still to Lex. She can feel him not moving behind her.
    “Alright.” He says finally.
    “Alright, what?” She asks as she turns to face him.
    A muscle works in his jaw, “Alright, I’m sorry.”
    Chloe is flabbergasted. There is no other word for it. ‘You are?’ she almost asks. But she recovers enough to wipe the shock off her face and nod at him.
    “Well, good.”

You know, I'd forgotten how much I loved this story and drabbles in general I hope Tracy comes back to finish her Two Sides sequel, and I think we might need to revive the drabbles section.

And Nonky, your drabble was bone chillingly excellent!
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Re: This post rated R

woah! Chills down my spine with every passing line. I seriously felt icy fingers threading down my back. The rhythm of the poem was amazing, I could practically hear a pulsing heart-beat and the dripping of blood in the background as a soundtrack... and the visuals... I'm glad I didn't read this late at night just before bedtime.

Was he keeping Chloe ALIVE while replacing her skin with glass and her eyes with emeralds?

On second though, don't answer that.

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!

Re: Chlex Drabbles (G+) (Excluded from Fanfic Update-date rule, Julie)

Pretty random really, not big plot, so it's g-rated. Enjoy.

Chloe stepped to the front of the scrum, keeping her notebook at the ready in case she was pinned by one of the men carrying big television cameras. Those guys didn't deliberately try to crush her, but they also didn't move for anything until they were told to wrap.

She looked at the dais to where Lex Luthor and his Vice Presidents were sitting down. He was in the center and she nearly groaned. Admittedly, she had chosen a poor venue to be low-key, but if she passed out she preferred he was a little closer.

She shrugged as she stepped into an excellent spot next to the velvet rope. After a brief greeting and carefully worded non-threat from LuthorCorp's legal VP, a forest of hands went up with questions. Chloe crossed her arms and listened as the reporters tried to pry information from Lex that he wouldn't want them to have.

She let the other reporters get what they would need to cover the press conference and raised her hand with a little wave. Lex looked over with a vaguely startled expression before he smiled smoothly.

“Yes, Chloe?”

She smiled back professionally and nodded. “Mr. Luthor, I was wondering if you'd permit an off-topic question?”

The legal VP fluttered a little, but Lex waved him back to his seat. “Call me Lex. I think everyone knows we know each other by now. Go ahead.”

She licked her lips nervously and smiled with all the confidence she felt draining. “Will you marry me?”

Chuckles rose from the crowd, but Lex looked rather stunned. He blinked rapidly. The legal VP he had shushed looked smug as he took a swig of his water. Chloe waited for a few seconds, then asked, “Did you hear me?”

Lex nodded. “Yes. How many children were you considering?”

Her blond head dipped down shyly as cameras turned for her reaction. “Two or three, four at most and that's only if we end up with twins,” she replied. “But more than a year of marriage before we start.”

He smiled gently and she blushed. “What about triplets?”

Chloe's teeth shone in threat. “I'd kill you in your sleep and no judge would prosecute me.”

He closed the folder on the table, pushed back his chair, and looked annoyed as all the Vice Presidents followed suit. “I don't think I need everyone for this next negotiation,” Lex quipped. “Thank you for coming. Have a good day.”

Chloe ducked under the rope as he stepped down and took her hand.

“I don't suppose you have a ring with you,” Lex asked.

She shook her head. “I was going to buy that with your money.”

“Of course.” He nudged her ahead of him as the bodyguards led them out of the room, flashes lighting them.
    Last edited by nonky; 29th May 2008 at 00:29. Reason: to add rating
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Chloe stepped to the front of the scrum, keeping her notebook at the ready in case she was pinned by one of the men carrying big television cameras. Those guys didn't deliberately try to crush her, but they also didn't move for anything until they were told to wrap.

She looked at the dais to where Lex Luthor and his Vice Presidents were sitting down. He was in the center and she nearly groaned. Admittedly, she had chosen a poor venue to be low-key, but if she passed out she preferred he was a little closer.

She shrugged as she stepped into an excellent spot next to the velvet rope. After a brief greeting and carefully worded non-threat from LuthorCorp's legal VP, a forest of hands went up with questions. Chloe crossed her arms and listened as the reporters tried to pry information from Lex that he wouldn't want them to have.

She let the other reporters get what they would need to cover the press conference and raised her hand with a little wave. Lex looked over with a vaguely startled expression before he smiled smoothly.

“Yes, Chloe?”

She smiled back professionally and nodded. “Mr. Luthor, I was wondering if you'd permit an off-topic question?”

The legal VP fluttered a little, but Lex waved him back to his seat. “Call me Lex. I think everyone knows we know each other by now. Go ahead.”

She licked her lips nervously and smiled with all the confidence she felt draining. “Will you marry me?”

Chuckles rose from the crowd, but Lex looked rather stunned. He blinked rapidly. The legal VP he had shushed looked smug as he took a swig of his water. Chloe waited for a few seconds, then asked, “Did you hear me?”

Lex nodded. “Yes. How many children were you considering?”

Her blond head dipped down shyly as cameras turned for her reaction. “Two or three, four at most and that's only if we end up with twins,” she replied. “But more than a year of marriage before we start.”

He smiled gently and she blushed. “What about triplets?”

Chloe's teeth shone in threat. “I'd kill you in your sleep and no judge would prosecute me.”

He closed the folder on the table, pushed back his chair, and looked annoyed as all the Vice Presidents followed suit. “I don't think I need everyone for this next negotiation,” Lex quipped. “Thank you for coming. Have a good day.”

Chloe ducked under the rope as he stepped down and took her hand.

“I don't suppose you have a ring with you,” Lex asked.

She shook her head. “I was going to buy that with your money.”

“Of course.” He nudged her ahead of him as the bodyguards led them out of the room, flashes lighting them.

That was so cute! But is Lex President of the country or just Luthorcorp?
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!

Just president of LuthorCorp. I would think that would be impressive enough. If Chloe was the President's girlfriend I don't think she'd be allowed to get up to stunts like this one. She's probably the number one nightmare of that legal VP.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information