+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Chlex Drabbles (G+) (Excluded from Fanfic Update-date rule, Julie)

hey there! this is my first time here in this part of the forum. :biggrin: i'd also like to contribute my drabbles. so without further ado....

Rating: G to PG13…just to be safe
    Disclaimer: None are mine, only the minor plots. Though to have Lex on eternal loan would be truly appreciated. *grin*

Done For
    Spoilers: Forsaken
    Summary: “Besides, I know you won’t let anything happen to me.” [One of the essential quotes a true CHLEXer must memorize. Ü] Lex POV during that particular “Forsaken” moment.
    A/N: Thanks to all my drabbles communities in LiveJournal for exposing me to different styles, to beccap over at FF.net for inspiring me with her fics “The Life I Chose” and “The First Man You Remember”, to XMarisolX and the first drabble I ever read, “Taxes”. I know this scene has been used so many times already in videos, the opening line inserted and modified in so many fics, etc. Well, I just want to share my take on one of the ship-defining moments of CHLEX. First drabble, un-beta-ed. Constructive criticism please. Very open to suggestions for improvement. Ü

“Besides, I know you won’t let anything happen to me.”

Nobody really relied on me. Nobody ever put that much faith on my protection. Nobody ever looked at me so expectantly.

A smirk. I try to pass it for all the smiles I wanted to show, and the words of assurances to shower upon her.

Lex Luthor. The usually articulate, eloquent billionaire playboy, rendered speechless…and struggling to prove himself by a highschool girl.

The moment Chloe Sullivan beamed that mega-watt smile with a mix of trust and vulnerability in her eyes; my worst fear emerged.

Crap, I’m so done for.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hero
    Spoilers: None, I think. Do let me know if there are some.

I may not have the strength of 10 men. I may not have superspeed. I may not be invincible. I may not be a superman.

However...

I can give you a new identity or a regular column in the Daily Planet. I’ll buy any major newspaper in the country for you. I can assure protection from my father. I can take away all your pain and regrets. I can offer you the world.

Just let me in and I’ll prove my worth. Just save my soul tonight.

I may not be Clark Kent.

But I can be your hero, Chloe.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Home
    Spoilers: None, I think. Do let me know if there are some.

After all the business trips, the decisions made with boardroom sharks, the meetings and negotiations, all the pointless parties and mindless chatter, and the “family moments” with his father…Lex Luthor calls it a day and prepares to go home.

But where is it?

Home is not the Metropolis penthouse. Home is not the mansion. Hell, not even the plant office is home.

Now, as cliché as it sounds, home is where the heart is. And his is currently in Smallville.

I’m coming home, Chloe; he tells her heart in his hands.

He could almost hear her reply; I’m waiting, Lex.
    Last edited by teejei; 19th June 2005 at 23:28. Reason: text cleanup

I love drabbles!! I liked all of them but the first one was my favorite. I just enjoyed the last line, lol. I look forward to reading more!!

Steph*

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Oh my Lord those were beautiful. :clap:

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!

Re: Chlex Drabbles

A post-graduation drabble. 225 words.

He told her one unassuming summer day when she was eighteen, and let her sit in judgment of all he was and all he had worked so hard to hide about himself. The silence was deafening until she shook her head and laughed gently at his tension.

“It doesn’t change anything.”

Smiling.

His hopes soared and there was a freedom of truth she had tried to express to him in all her lessons about journalism. Chloe knew and she wasn’t revolted or frightened. It didn’t change anything. He could be himself and keep her. She still loved him, and Lana’s insipid affections could be cast aside for that precious gift.

“I’ve been seeing Lex. I love him. I’ll keep your secret but this . . . confidence in me, it’s too late.”

As she walked quietly out of his life, Clark realized there was no one to blame but himself. In the years that followed he would also realize the heartbreaks he had felt over Lana were only stings to his ego, but the end of his friendship with Chloe was the first crack in his soul.

He couldn’t take it out on her, or on himself, but her husband’s betrayal of their friendship would bear the brunt. Lex would pay for being sighted where Clark was blind. He would pay for being blessed where Clark was grieved.
    Last edited by nonky; 8th March 2005 at 08:02. Reason: text spacing
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

I love the ending. You have a wonderfull way with words.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Wow that was powerful and I love your signature. LOL!

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

ChLex Schadenfreude Senior Member crankychick's Avatar

*sniffles*

I'm betraying my UN by becoming snifflychick. Chloe standing up for herself makes me so proud

a lesson learned too late for clark...it goes to show how he really values his friendship with chloe if he's just telling her then...it's good to know that she puts her loyalty where it's truly needed AND deserved.

I liked it! Even though it was Clark being slow as usual, I'm glad that Chloe to stood up for herself. She deserves to be happy with someone who appreciates her.

Steph*

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Okay, kids, I’ve got three drabbles, all of varying length, but they are connected. ENJOY!

The town of Smallville was a tightly knit community where everyone knew everyone else’s business. For Chloe Sullivan, this had always been a curse. The entire town knew when she got in over head when she was chasing a story, and they knew when Clark ditched her at the dance. Her funeral was packed, but her return from the dead hardly caused a stir.

But what really caused the townspeople to talk was Lex Luthor’s inexplicable behavior towards the blonde reporter. She risked her life to help put away his father, and he, in turn, kept her and her father safe.

Then for the past six months, it was as if they had never become friends. They did meet up for about two minutes at The Talon, and those present held their breaths in anticipation, but they simply looked at each other.

Drastic measures needed to be taken before it was too late.

Lionel Luthor stood in front of his mirror, wearing his best suit with his hair appropriately styled. He looked dapper and he practiced smiling engagingly, concentrating on looking less predatory.

Sincerity was the name of the game, and the only way he would get what he wanted.

He turned his head towards the door, and hid his smile when his son entered the room, and viscously kicked the door closed behind him.

“Dad, just what the hell are you doing with Chloe Sullivan?”

Lex rushed into The Talon, and watched in horror when his father placed a hand on Chloe’s shoulder.

He rushed up to the pair, and pulled Chloe roughly from her chair, shouting, “Dad, get your damn hands off of her!”

Before his father could respond, Lex turned to Chloe. “I’m sorry that I’ve been ignoring you, but I thought it was for the best. Now my father is trying to hurt you again, and I won’t let that happen.”

Lex then turned to his father, “If you try to hurt Chloe or her father, I will personally rip your throat out!”

Everyone in the café stopped talking and waited to see what would happen next.

Lionel turned to Martha and said, “You owe me twenty bucks!”
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information