+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Killing Moon (NC-17)

bored and dangerous Senior Member sabby's Avatar
    Sittin by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...
    Wow, that seriously, I mean you told me it was dark but wow, I love it Especially with the explanation woven in how it came to his obsession and insanity. Now I can't wait to see what happens. Oh and I find it mildly disturbing that Chloe wouldn't confront him at all. Doesn't seem like her, except if she has a very good reason to do so. Update this soon, but Nightcap MUST come first

hugs,
    sabby

Members
    I love dark crazed Lex. And I love the idea of him offing Lana. update soon. please.

summer

NS Full Member
    This is one of the darkest chlex I have ever read but I find myself really enjoying it and wanting more . I wonder if I should seek help ?

Angel undercover!
    I *love* crazy/obsessed Lex, especially since he plans to get rid of Lana once and for all. *cheers* Please update

NS Full Member
    I wonder..is it awful that I felt relief when he wasn't going to kill the therapist but never felt anything about the sacrifice being Lana?

Anyways, as always, you're one of the best, and it shows in this. More please!

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    A/N: My sincerest apologies for the lateness of this. Real life has just sucked lately.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The Talon…the next day…

Chloe rolled her eyes as Clark and Lana began to do their mating dance again. Unfortunately she had little escape from it this time as her house was filled with her dad and some professional movers packing up things.

Despite her best efforts, she had been unable to convince her dad to withdraw his offer on the new house, and now she found herself in the midst of a hectic moving schedule along with the unsettling knowledge that Lana would be moving with them.

Chloe wondered why Lana couldn’t just stay in the apartment above the Talon, a place she never even knew existed until Clark’s parents had almost moved in there, but was given the expected excuses.

Too young…can’t afford it…not safe…

Naturally, they were all reasons that Chloe could easily come up with counters to.

If you’re old enough to co-own a business…you wouldn’t be paying rent, just utilities – and even then it would be added onto the Talon’s bill…hello? Clark? The boy would probably wet himself at the possibility of hanging around to protect you. And what about those martial arts lessons you took?

But, as expected, Lana promptly ignored them, sloughing the words off as if they hadn’t even come out of Chloe’s mouth.

Chloe frowned. She knew the real reason that Lana refused to live on her own and it had nothing to do with the quote unquote bond that they had.

Lana liked to be the center of attention and it was difficult to garner sympathy under false or outdated pretenses if she had no one to complain to on a continual basis; no one to lie about to her other friends – and, of course, everyone would believe her because of the very fact that she was Lana Lang.

Smallville’s very own fairy princess who could do no wrong regardless of all of the evidence to the contrary.

Chloe shook her head slightly to clear her thoughts. She needed a table and fast – one as far away from the brunette couple as possible. Her gaze flit across the room and settled on an empty table in the far corner.

‘Perfect.’

She strode over to the small table, placing her cup and bag on it before sitting down in one of the two chairs that stood beside it.

A few minutes passed, and though her coffee kept her remarkably company than Clark and Lana ever did, she found herself bored and itching for something to occupy her time.

She set her bag on her lap and started to sift through it. She had already finished what little homework she had during the time she spent in the Torch office waiting for someone to turn in their article who never did, so that left very few options.

She could update her address book or write in her longhand journal – neither of which she thought was a particularly good idea given that she was in a public place. Or, she could…Chloe came across a sealed envelope with her name scrawled across the front and she groaned.

~*~*~

Lex was surprised at the sight he caught out of the corner of his eye when he came into the Talon. Chloe was sitting alone at a small table in the far corner of the main room, looking decidedly bored. He had only planned on getting a to-go cup of coffee and the books before leaving, but he recognized an opportunity when he saw it.

She didn’t notice him approach. She rarely did. Lex tried to pull back the twinge of hurt he felt that she didn’t immediately notice him, and instead responded to the groan she just let out.

“Something wrong, Chloe?” he asked, hoping that the use of her first name would spur her on to do the same for him.

Chloe glanced up at him and watched as he scooted the chair across from her out with his foot and sat down without asking if he could join her. It didn’t matter, really. Lex was a good conversationalist and therefore the answer to her time management dilemma, but it was still a little presumptuous of him not to even ask if the chair was available.

She didn’t mention it though. Instead, she gave a partial roll of her eyes and held the envelope up between her fingers, tipping it back and forth to draw Lex’s attention to it.

Lex took in the soft, almost shiny cream color of the envelope and the way Chloe’s first name was drawn across it in calligraphy. To him, it looked like a love letter; one that, if Chloe’s reaction was anything to go by, was unwelcome.

‘Good,’ he thought. He didn’t like the idea of having competition; not when he seemed to be getting nowhere himself. Still coherent enough not to voice what he really thought, he gave her a small smile. “Wedding or birthday invitation?”

“Neither,” Chloe replied.

“How do you know? You haven’t opened it,” Lex pointed out.

Chloe sighed and set the card down on the table.

“I don’t have to. It’s just like all the other ones I’ve gotten,” she said. After a brief, thoughtful pause she spoke again. “Well, not *all* - some were different – but most.”

Lex narrowed his eyes – not enough for Chloe to notice, but enough to appease his inner sense of suspicion.

“A secret admirer?” he asked. He was unable to keep the jealousy from appearing in his tone, but fortunately for him, Chloe didn’t notice.

“Yeah, if you call Lana pretending to be a stalker a secret admirer,” she retorted with sarcasm.

Lex blinked once in confusion.

“What?”

Chloe sighed again and then leaned toward him, her breasts lopping partway onto the table as if calling to Lex’s eyes. He blinked again and tried to maintain focus on her face. It would hardly suit his purposes if she caught him picturing her naked and got angry with him for slipping off into a daydream about making love to her while they were in the middle of a conversation.

“We were talking about guys and I *jokingly* said that as long as Lana never left Smallville that she’d never have to worry about getting a date, because practically every guy here is stalking her,” Chloe explained in one rambling breath. “Then, like two weeks after that, I started getting these cards – long, nonsensical professions of adoration. Then came flowers, and candy, and little trinkets. She even signed *your* name to a few of them. Now, you tell me she’s not behind it.”

So that was the reason that Chloe hadn’t accepted anything he sent her – she hadn’t believed that he was the one sending the items.

Lex frowned.

Though it was true that he had sent her flowers and small gifts, he wasn’t the one behind the love letters - and he had a bad feeling in his gut that Lana wasn’t either. Lana was…Lana, making Lex sincerely doubt that she could have ever concocted such an idea, let alone had the attention span to carry it out.

“What do they say?” he asked. If he was going to take credit for the other notes, then he wanted to make sure he knew what he was getting into.

“See for yourself,” Chloe said, motioning to the envelope with her head as she clutched her oversized coffee cup with both hands to warm herself.

Lex reached for the envelope and slid his finger under the corner to tear it open. Out came a card in the same color as the envelope, but with a heavy, expensive weave to it. He flipped it open to find the words scrawled out in dark red ink, but with same calligraphic style as Chloe’s name on the envelope.

A closer look determined that the lettering wasn’t red, but almost a brown color, and had seeped off into the paper at certain parts; indicating that the writer had either used an extremely poor quality of ink – which was doubtful given the price of the paper itself, or it wasn’t ink.

Lex’s gut began to twist into a knot. He wasn’t completely sure, but had a strong suspicion that if he took the card to be analyzed that they would confirm it was written in blood – which definitely ruled Lana out as a ‘pretend stalker’, as the girl had been so queasy from the very sight of blood at the high school blood drive she helped organize a couple of years before that she had passed out.

Even if the lab results came back saying that it was ink, the calligraphic scrawl appeared to be written by a man’s hand. Lex had learned enough about handwriting analysis to know that much and it made his heart sink and at the same caused a fiery anger to start pumping through his veins.

How dare someone else try to steal her away from him?! When, not if, he found out whom Chloe’s other suitor was, the full moon would bring two sacrifices instead of just one.

He forced himself to concentrate on the words rather than his emotions, reminding himself that Chloe didn’t even believe the other man existed.

My Dearest Chloe,

You’re the only one who understands. Why do you keep ignoring the things I’ve offered to you? I have sacrificed so much, and you still deny me. I know that our past was shaky, but I’ve looked death in the eye and come to realize what’s important to me - *who* is important to me. Please. I don’t want to hurt you. You’re the only one who knows what I’m going through, the only one who can help me.

‘Offerings…sacrifice…’ his thoughts appeared as pieces of a puzzle and once they connected, he didn’t like what he saw. “How long has this been going on?” he asked, now not only angry but concerned as well.

Chloe let out a small groan and cast her eyes over to where Lana was still talking to Clark for a second before looking back at Lex.

“Almost seven months now. Can you believe it?” she asked in a hushed voice. “I keep telling her that I know it’s her, but I think she gets some sort of perverse kick out of pretending that it isn’t. Like she’s being so sneaky,” Chloe said sarcastically.

‘Almost seven…shit. That asshole stole my idea,’ Lex thought. ‘Or I stole his…whatever. It doesn’t matter. He won’t have her. She’s mine.’

“What is it?” Chloe asked when it looked like Lex was wrapped up in his thoughts.

He frowned and then fixed her with a stern look.

“Seven months? Why didn’t you tell me about this before?”

“Why would I?”

Oh.

Lex adjusted his position in his seat, leaning forward a little to try and quell the imaginary stabbing pain he felt in his gut.

“Even if I didn’t know who it was, I’m capable of taking care of it on my own. I’m not some helpless little girl, you know.”

A lopsided grin began to lift one corner of Lex’s mouth. Chloe hadn’t gone to him for help, but it was out of sheer evasiveness of the problem and stubborn independence, not because she didn’t think of him as someone who could help her; who would do anything for her. Of course, she still didn’t think that, but the fact that she hadn’t come out and said as much gave Lex fuel for his delusions.

“I don’t suppose you’ve considered the possibility that Lana isn’t the one behind this? That you actually do have a stalker?” he asked.

Chloe let out a derisive huff of air through her nose.

“Good one.”

“Chloe ---” Lex said, trailing off from whatever he had been about to say and simply looking at her instead.

Chloe’s smile slowly slipped into a tiny frown.

“You’re not serious?”

“You could be in real danger, Chloe.”

“Please,” Chloe replied sarcastically with a roll of her eyes. She became slightly worried when Lex’s expression didn’t waver. “Lex ---”

His body hummed with the warmth of arousal when he heard his first name slip from Chloe’s lips, but he needed her to take the situation seriously. If she didn’t, then there was a very good chance that he could lose her – in a worse way than the other man simply stealing her away from him.

The ‘I don’t want to hurt you’ line from the card had made Lex more than a little uncomfortable and he had a feeling that if Chloe didn’t at least start acknowledging the ‘gifts’ by going to the police and reporting her stalker, that the man could become violent toward her quickly.

TBC...

Yes, I am that Fabulous Senior Member tigerbaby's Avatar
    Kris!! What a twist!!

I love that Chloe thought it was Lana and I love that Lex now has competition!!! I know it's supposed to be dark, but why am I feeling the urge to cackle and loudly?

This my dear is definitely going to be another kick-ass fic.

Imperial Dragon Senior Member Impress's Avatar
    Chica that was well worth the wait. again with the twists and turns. you're really good at that you know. Great work.
    This my dear is definitely going to be another kick-ass fic.
    I agree.

NS Full Member
    Kris your gift of plot twist continues to astound and amaze.

It's kinda cute how Lex is vexed over the stalker biting off his idea. Oh and kudos on Chloe being brutally honest in her internal monologue about Blanda's motivations for tagging along for some more mooching.

I know it's supposed to be dark, but why am I feeling the urge to cackle and loudly?
    It must be the Halloween spirit Imp, cuz I feel like doing it too.

And I've been meaning to tell you how I adore your MR pic. He's just so dreamy.

Duchess Gonzo
    loved how it opened with Lex going to kill Lana, it might actually improve my day. the letter written out in blood had my skin crawling though, also the idea that Lex is competeing with another stalker had me laughing. but for some reason i thought it was Lex who was the other stalker.
    great story really want an update.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information